Your Clean Slate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Your Clean Slate

Do you have a Clean Slate in your world? Would you like one? Each morning I endeavor to awaken to a Clean Slate. Doesn't that sound divine? Like a fresh newborn baby, puppy, kitten or unicorn. No negative past to darken, hinder and dampen the promise of this new, as yet uncharted day. None of yesterday's or yesteryear's ugliness to infect my Now moment. What is the magical secret? Do you ever choose the path less traveled? Do you ever choose the Higher Road?

“I shall be telling this with a sigh - Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.”

What is the secret to Loving Forgiveness when forgiveness does not feel deserved??!!!! Forgiveness of myself and everyone I know and have ever met, in person, online, etc. Does this come easily or naturally? My Forgiveness Muscle is weak from lack of use, but gaining strength. I must exercise my Forgiveness Muscle daily in order to strengthen it. Or at least try. And if not, drink too much wine!!! Why oh why is it a longer much more difficult, arduous trek to that lonelier Higher Road? The Higher Road that leads to the Clean Slate each new morning in my world.

To authentically enjoy my Clean Slate, I find I need to ask, (think in mind, or whisper aloud when I'm alone) "God help me forgive and love myself and everyone I know, trying to do it on my own, well, how's that bin werkin fer me? Ah? Not so well". These feelings of love and forgiveness do not occur within my heart naturally. For those who have genuinely hurt me in the past, I must ruminate upon what has hurt them in their past which perhaps I know nothing of? Is God real? Does He exist and can He hear me? Does it matter if God is real or not when all I'm asking for is a brand new Clean Slate? Prayer is to change my will, not God's. Whether or not God is real isn't the issue. The issue is that I pray in order to change my own naturally hardening heart. So pray I do. Does it work? Which is more difficult? Forgiving myself for things I've done (which can literally make me cringe), or forgiving others who intentionally or unintentionally hurt me? I forgive myself and others for negative past occurrences and what am I rewarded with? Even with the tiniest whisper of "I forgive you". Spoken by myself to myself. "I love you". Spoken aloud by myself to myself. And then to others. My Forgiveness Muscle is getting its much needed workout!! When I step out into this brand new morning, breath that first breath of fresh morning air, I am born once again, on this very precious, special day. Like the first breath of that newborn baby, kitten, puppy or unicorn. Unencumbered unhindered by that by now, dead past. Invigorated, renewed, inspired by the unfettered view from this, the lonely road, the road less traveled, you knew it, the Higher Road. From this vantage point I enjoy thoroughly and most assuredly my gift of this brand new day ~ resplendent with a sparkling fresh and new Clean Slate.

Trying to forgive can be like trying to walk around with your head on backward. With practice and a change of your own will, it can be done. Sloooooowly but surely. First with just yourself. Then for others, one by one.... Write down why you don't forgive that person then burn the paper upon which you wrote their sin against you and pray for help to forgive. If you don't believe in God, you can still ask Him to help you forgive. Just a tiny whisper aloud to Him, or even simply a thought spoken to Him from inside the quiet of your own mind. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him.
(Psalm 91:15)

If you feel motivated to enjoy a Clean Slate in your personal world, go for it! The beneficial rewards outweigh the costs. This video may help you choose the Higher Road today or tomorrow, when faced with some unreasonable situation. These have helped me. For my seemingly unattainable goal, the goal of a Clean Slate each new dawn. Each new moment, to be given the chance, to be NEW! I wish to offer you serenity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

Last edited by eva on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
eva

Location : Buying Julie some duct tape and green garbage bags. Hallow's eve approaches
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down