Texas in Mourning- Fort Hood Lockdown

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Texas in Mourning- Fort Hood Lockdown

Post by khintx on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:52 pm

2, possibly 3 shooters infiltrated Fort Hood....... killing at least 7 people, injuring up to 20. Base on lockdown. Details still sketchy. Live coverage.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22886841#22886841
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Texas in Mourning- Fort Hood Lockdown

Post by Justice4all on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:12 pm

You can watch the live video right here. Two suspects are in custody right now.

Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:08 pm

Last ABC report I heard was 12 dead, 31 injured (2 critical)... 1 shooter dead, 2 suspects in custody.

This is just so sickening......

ETA: BTW, kh, all of America is in mourning..... this just shouldn't have happened.

Last edited by Snaz on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Updated 1/22/11
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Army says 12 dead, 31 injured at Fort Hood
Gunman killed, two suspects — all soldiers — in custody in Texas incident

BREAKING NEWS
NBC News and msnbc.com
updated 22 minutes ago

A U.S. soldier opened fire Thursday at Fort Hood, Texas, killing at least 11 people and wounding 31 others, military officials said. The gunman was shot to death, and two others were in custody.

Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone, commanding general of the Army’s III Corps, who confirmed the shootings, said the gunman used two handguns. NBC News’ Pete Williams reported that a U.S. official identified the gunman as Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, who was 39 or 40.

A senior Obama administration official told NBC News that the shootings could have been a criminal matter rather than a terrorism-related attack and that there was no intelligence to suggest a plot against Fort Hood.

Read more at:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Updated 1/22/11
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Snaz... you are right. This should not have happened. I know that we all breath a sigh of relief when the kids come home from their deployment(s) and safe and sound, back home on their base. What next? kh
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

It was just the one guy... an officer, who did it? kh
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:43 pm

At least three guys were in on it. Such a senseless tragedy. Oh, my heart is breaking. Sad
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm

This is just unreal, I would never have imagined.... Sad
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:27 am

Tragedies like this are happening far too frequently. Shocked affraid It really makes you wonder what's happening to our world. awe A military base is supposed to be considered one of the safest places. At least, that's the way it was at one time. I grew up on military bases, so I speak from experience. Things have certainly changed. It seems that no place is safe anymore. Nothing should ever be taken for granted. Sad Shocked affraid
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracey6434 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:55 pm

I was shocked this morning to hear the shooter is ALIVE! This makes me SO mad for two reasons. One he doesn't deserve to live. But secondly, how the hail, does it go for HOURS, reported this shooter was killed? Is this what the officials released or what the media was reporting? Maybe a little of both. It has just convinced me more than ever, that I don't trust media reports. At least not until verified by several sources. I mean, I could understand it being thought he was dead for a short while. But this was almost all day they reported he was killed. I just don't understand.
I guess, at least now, maybe there can be some more information to know what and why this happened. This is so upsetting to our entire family. With Eric, having been in the military for twenty years and having lived on base for many of them, it really as is, as it is being said, there is (was) a different feeling of security for your families when on the base. This is so sad and maddening!

I pray for everyone who has been affected by this senseless tragedy.
Tracey6434

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Tracey... I know what you mean....... when my kids are safe and sound on base (not currently deployed) we all rejoice because they are safe there and we don't have that worry on our hearts.......... but now, I just don't know. kh
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Could it be possible that they wanted us to believe, for some reason, that the shooter was dead?
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Book, I have to wonder about that, I know they thought he was....I also think this guy planned his "glory" to be killed, to die as a martyr.....for his Muslim faith. I read that he had said his goodbyes. I have to ask this question.....why are Muslims permitted in our military? If he's been watched and all for quite awhile, why was he still a member of our armed forces? My heart goes out to all of the families that have lost loved ones. This is just maddening to me.
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:57 am

Piper wrote:Book, I have to wonder about that, I know they thought he was....I also think this guy planned his "glory" to be killed, to die as a martyr.....for his Muslim faith. I read that he had said his goodbyes. I have to ask this question.....why are Muslims permitted in our military? If he's been watched and all for quite awhile, why was he still a member of our armed forces? My heart goes out to all of the families that have lost loved ones. This is just maddening to me.
Hi, Piper! hug I completely agree with you. I think this was planned too. I also question WHY he was allowed in the military. Shocked affraid My heart, thoughts & prayers go out to anyone who has suffered such a tremendous loss. Sad
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:38 pm

The mother who brought down the Fort Hood killer

A police officer and mother of one was hailed a heroine yesterday after it emerged that she almost single handedly ended the massacre at America’s biggest military base.

Kimberly Munley does not look as if she would be much of a match for a heavily armed US soldier on a murderous rampage. But the slightly built 34-year-old civilian officer was first on the scene after Major Nidal Malik Hasan began firing on comrades at Ford Hood in Texas as they prepared to deploy to Afghanistan and Iraq. The 39-year-old psychologist killed 13 and left 31 others with serious injuries.
On Thursday afternoon Ms Munley was doing her usual job of directing traffic on the sprawling base. By chance, she and her partner happened to walk past the Soldiers’ Readiness Processing Centre soon after Major Hasan — armed with two handguns — cornered his fellow soldiers. Soldiers who witnessed the rampage described the gunfire as continuous, methodical and well aimed.

Ms Munley succeeded in bringing him down by shooting him four times, even after being hit by a bullet that passed through both her legs, according to witnesses.

Her swift reaction and courage were being praised last night for preventing many more deaths.

Read more: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6907235.ece
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:16 am

This is a very interesting article called "The Elephant In The Room"- published on InColdBlog, written by Chuck Hustmyre.

Your thoughts?

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#6sOEuB/incoldblogger.blogspot.com/2009/11/by-chuck-hustmyre-imagine-for-just.html/

kh
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover on Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:20 am

khintx wrote:This is a very interesting article called "The Elephant In The Room"- published on InColdBlog, written by Chuck Hustmyre.

Your thoughts?

http://www.stumbleupon.com/s/#6sOEuB/incoldblogger.blogspot.com/2009/11/by-chuck-hustmyre-imagine-for-just.html/

kh
Hi, kh! hug Thanks for sharing this article with us. In my opinion, this man is a terrorist, & there should be NO excuses for such a violent act. Absolutely NO excuses. It's amazing how some people try to disguise BS. BS comes in all forms, but, it is still BS. Making excuses for terrorism is BS! Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:33 am

Exactly Book! I couldn't have said it better myself.

PS...Hey Book, I'm heading to Florida next week! Will be there for almost two weeks. Not just a "pleasure trip" though. Gotta go take care of my house and get it ready for renting again.

Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:45 am

FystyAngel wrote:Exactly Book! I couldn't have said it better myself.

PS...Hey Book, I'm heading to Florida next week! Will be there for almost two weeks. Not just a "pleasure trip" though. Gotta go take care of my house and get it ready for renting again.
Hi, Fysty! hug I hope I'll be able to talk to you while you're in Florida.
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Major Hasan's E-Mail: 'I Can't Wait to Join You' in Afterlife

United States Army Major Nidal Hasan told a radical cleric considered by authorities to be an al-Qaeda recruiter, "I can't wait to join you" in the afterlife, according to an American official with top secret access to 18 e-mails exchanged between Hasan and the cleric, Anwar al Awlaki, over a six month period between Dec. 2008 and June 2009.

"It sounds like code words," said Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer, a military analyst at the Center for Advanced Defense Studies. "That he's actually either offering himself up or that he's already crossed that line in his own mind."

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/major-hasans-mail-wait-join-afterlife/story?id=9130339
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Subject: Nidal Hasan

> The implications of this are huge...

> Nidal Hasan on Obama's Security Task Force..............
>
> Now we have a little insight into why Obama said to not jump to conclusions about Nidal Hasan and why Congressmen were not briefed before the press leak.
This murdering Muslim Terrorist who killed and wounded the soldiers and civilians at Ft Hood, Texas was an advisor to Obama's Homeland Security team.
Look on page 29 of the Homeland Security Institute link below.

> We must wonder how many more skeletons there are to come out of the cupboard.
Who else is there in the government or its numerous advisors or Czars that will harm our country and citizens?
http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_ProceedingsReport_05.19.09.pdf Go to
page number 29, scroll down toward the bottom on the Left Column

He is listed under "THINKING ANEW- SECURITY PRIORITIES FOR THE NEXT ADMINISTRATION", as Nidal Hasan, Uniformed Services University School of
Medicine (8TH DOWN ON LEFT COLUMN PAGE 29).

Our great president put him on Home Security Force. WTH!!

Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Hasan's attorney says that he is considering using an insanity defense. It doesn't surprise me. I don't think it will work in this case.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9C5JJHO0&show_article=1
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Hasan charged with 32 counts of murder

KILLEEN, Texas (KXAN) - Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the man accused of the shooting spree at Fort Hood on Nov. 5, was charged with 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

The victims in this case include 30 soldiers and two civilians.

Fort Hood Public Affairs Office said the investigation into this matter is continuing and additional charges "remain a possibility."

Thirteen people were killed during the shooting rampage on Nov. 5. Hasan was injured during the shootings when two local civilian police officers shot him. He is still in Brooke Army Medical Center being treated for his gunshot wounds.

The shootings took place inside the Howze Theater and at the Soldiers Readiness Processing Center - which used to be an sports-dome complex. Ft. Hood is the largest military post in the world, with at least 40,000 soldiers.

Hasan was about to be deployed to Iraq and was "upset about it," according to Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison. Hutchison was hesitant to speculate about the motive of the shooting when it happened.

Major Malik Nidal Hasan was working at the Department of Psychiatry at Darnall Army Hospital and was a licensed psychiatrist at the time of the shooting.

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/military/army/hasan-charged-with-32-counts-of-murder-1259786727755
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat May 01, 2010 7:30 pm

Death penalty sought for Fort Hood shooting suspect

From Larry Shaughnessy, CNN
April 29, 2010 11:20 a.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The Army officers responsible for prosecuting the Fort Hood shooting suspect will be seeking the death penalty, the suspect's attorney told CNN.

John Galligan -- the attorney for the suspect, Maj. Nidal Hasan -- said that the filing of a memo by the prosecutors Wednesday indicated that finding Hasan guilty of more than one of the murders would constitute the "aggravating factor" necessary for the Army to seek the death penalty.

Thirteen people died in the shooting spree at the Texas base last November.

"It is the first 'formal notice' but, of course, it has been a virtual given from the start," Galligan wrote in an e-mail to CNN. "In short, the Army has been pursuing death from the git-go."

The actual decision to seek the death penalty occurs after an Article 32 hearing. The hearing -- the military justice system's rough equivalent of a grand jury hearing -- is scheduled to start June 1 at Fort Hood in Texas.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/29/fort.hood.death.penalty/index.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Sat May 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Thank you so much J4A! kh
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by eva on Sat May 01, 2010 9:56 pm

My dad is against the Death Penalty, his reason, "We as a civilized society should not put our SICK to DEATH".

I actually am coming around to feel Casey Anthony should get Life With Out Parole, but not the death penalty (even though I'd love to see it!) because she was victimized as a minor.

THIS GUY?

Thirteen people died in the shooting spree at the Texas base last November.

Someone show him the way to Old Sparky.
eva

Location : Buying Julie some duct tape and green garbage bags. Hallow's eve approaches
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top