America's Most Wanted Marks 1,000 Episodes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

America's Most Wanted Marks 1,000 Episodes

Post by Snaz on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:20 pm

John Walsh says Casey Anthony will pay; he marks 1,000 episodes of ‘America’s Most Wanted’

posted by halboedeker on March, 4 2010 2:30 PM

“America’s Most Wanted” marks its 1,000th episode this weekend.

John Walsh says he’s astonished that Fox made him, the father of a murdered child, the host of the show that debuted in 1988. Walsh, a Floridian, has become a fierce advocate for children.

Why do so many terrible crimes happen to children in Florida?

“A lot of cases happen because we’re a big state,” Walsh told me. “We just have our share of terrible crimes.”

He has strong views about Casey Anthony, who is charged with the first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“It’s an awful, awful case,” Walsh said. “I do believe she killed her daughter and will pay for it.”

The milestone episode of “America’s Most Wanted” airs at 9 p.m. Saturday on WOFL-Channel 35 and briefly features President Barack Obama. Walsh went to see Obama and called it “one of the most positive meetings I’ve ever had at the White House.”

In a conference call with reporters, Walsh said he was “encouraged and impressed” by Obama’s knowledge of issues. Obama, as the father of two young girls, pledged to do everything he can to fund the Adam Walsh Act, named for Walsh’s slain son. The TV host said the act’s goal is to create “a meaningful sex offender agency” to help states track down offenders.

“I think a lot of good will come out of the meeting with President Obama,” Walsh said.

“America’s Most Wanted” has helped capture more than 1,100 fugitives, including 17 off the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List.

Walsh said he isn’t surprised the show has reached 1,000 episodes. The reason? He knows viewers want justice.

“We caught more people last year than any year prior,” he said. “The show is a testimony to our viewers worldwide.”

Looking to the future, Walsh said he hopes to improve the show’s re-creations and focus on more breaking cases.

Walsh described himself as “not a huge death penalty advocate,” but added that the murder of an innocent child warrants death.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/03/casey-anthony-john-walsh-says-casey-anthony-will-pay-he-marks-1000-episodes-of-americas-most-wanted.html/comment-page-1#comment-72086

Updated 1/22/11
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

America's Most Wanted: 1000th Episode

Post by Justice4all on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:27 am

Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Re: America's Most Wanted Marks 1,000 Episodes

Post by Justice4all on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 am

I hope there are another thousand episodes of this wonderful show that has caught so many criminals.
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Kudo's to John Walsh for turning his personal nightmare into helping so many others. It's all about being aware, if not for shows like his, you could be living next door to a murderer and never have the slightest idea.
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:22 pm

John Walsh really has made a difference, with his pursuit of the bad guys. The story of his son is one he still must live with every day. He turned his grief into something productive, and I am sure that fugitives feel real fear when they see themselves pictured on his series.
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top