7 yr old Saves Family from armed intruders - calls 911

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7 yr old Saves Family from armed intruders - calls 911

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:19 pm

This is AMAZING audio from this 7 yr who contains himself enough to be able to run to the bathroom WITH his little sister - locks the door and calls 911 when armed intruders broke into his home...

I love the part when he tells the 911 operator to "bring soldiers too" - how cute!!

But seriously - he remains so calm - I couldn't have kept it together the way he did!! He's a little hero! I'm sure his parents think so too :0)

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/boy-s-911-call-thwarts-attackers-18549401

Back to top Go down

Re: 7 yr old Saves Family from armed intruders - calls 911

Post by Piper on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:39 pm

That's amazing, what a brave little guy! He deserves a deputy badge or something.
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:05 pm

I hope he gets some sort of commendation. That was so brave of him, and he had to be scared out of his wits for his family and for himself.
Cali

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Wish I could hear it....still no sound card in this old pc.
Martine

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by JAG on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Even though I knew before listening to the 911 call that he was safe, my heart thudded when he screamed. I just wanted to reach through and grab him up!

Very cute that he wanted soldiers! I wonder if he has a soldier in his family? I'd love to see soldiers pay him a visit and tell him what a brave little man he was.

JAG

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=24397

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:06 pm

That would be nice to see soldiers pay him a visit JAG. I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been for a 7-year-old to think that his parents were going to be shot. I'm glad he had the presence of mind to bring his sister in the bathroom with him and call 911.
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:56 pm

What freaked me out as well was when the intruders burst into the bathroom and wanted to know who was on the phone! He says "911"........thank God that stopped them and prompted them to leave instead of hurting those two children.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 pm

This brave little boy did get what he deserved today:

Boy, 7, who saved family thanks 911 dispatcher

‘I just felt the fear through the phone’ during home invasion, she says

By Mike Celizic
TODAYshow.com contributor
updated 7:57 a.m. CT, Thurs., March. 11, 2010

As he thanked the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s dispatcher who took his dramatic phone call, the 7-year-old hero who locked himself and his sister in a bathroom and called 911 when armed robbers invaded his home explained how he knew what to do in such a terrifying situation — his mom makes him rehearse what to do in an emergency.

“We practice it every day,” the boy said at a Wednesday press conference.

The boy was introduced only as Carlos. His last name was not revealed by police because the three men who broke into his Norwalk, Calif., home Tuesday are still at large.

Wearing a Los Angeles Sheriff’s baseball cap, Carlos was cool while talking about his ordeal. The dispatcher who handled his call, Monique Patino, was the one who got emotional while recounting the dramatic call.

According to police reports, three armed men burst into Carlos’ home after his sister went out to the car to retrieve her lunch box and left the house door open when she returned. While the gunmen confronted Carlos’ parents and held them at gunpoint, the quick-thinking Carlos took his sister and a phone into the bathroom and locked the door.

As he had been taught, he dialed 911.

Patino answered: “911. State your emergency.”

“Um, there’s some, um, there’s some guys that are going to kill my mom and my dad. Can you come, please?” Carlos replies.

Carlos was scared, the terror evident in his voice. But he was also collected and coherent, stating his situation and concisely answering Patino’s questions.

Take a deep breath, I have officers coming,” Patino told Carlos.

“I knew something was wrong. I knew it wasn’t a prank call. I went with my instinct. I already had deputies going right [within] the first two seconds of the call,” Patino told reporters.

Later, Patino, who has two young children of her own, would dab at a stray tear when recalling the call, especially the last moments when the suspects broke into the bathroom. Screams erupt on the line as the men demand to know who Carlos had called.

Patino said she was emotionally affected by the call, especially not immediately knowing what the outcome was.

“Just hearing them screaming and crying for help. I just felt the fear through the phone,” Patino said. “I had to take a walk and shake it off a little bit.”

When Carlos told the suspects he had called 911, they got into a car and fled just ahead of sheriff’s deputies, who arrived within three minutes of when Patino first got Carlos’ call.

“If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically,” said sheriff's Capt. Patrick Maxwell.

“I’m still astounded by his mind-set,” Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Douglas Jensen said. “To be able to think about getting his sister, grabbing his phone, locking himself in a bathroom and calling 911. It shows so much.”

At the sheriff’s office, Carlos shared a hug with Patino and told him how brave he was.

As Carlos was leaving the room after his press conference, a reporter asked a question about the screams that erupted on the 911 tape when the gunmen broke into the bathroom. Apparently, the questioner assumed it was Carlos screaming.

The hero quickly put matters straight.

“That was my sister!”

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35794401/ns/today-today_people/#ixzz0htWGgddZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:59 pm

LOL........out of the mouths of babes! I loved his last statement!! Thank God none of them were hurt...
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 am

He was such a brave little boy - i have to admit, I thought it was him screaming too - but I have to say, this kid deserves every bit of the spot light that he gets for keeping his cool and saving his family. I know his parents are grateful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top