Gary Coleman has died at 42

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gary Coleman has died at 42

Post by Julie on Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm

Gary Coleman Dead At 42

Posted on May 28, 2010 @ 01:24PM

Gary Coleman has died at 42, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Coleman had been hospitalized in Provo, Utah since Wednesday, May 26, after suffering what his family called "a serious medical problem."

PHOTOS: Gary Coleman Through The Years

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Coleman had slipped into a coma and was on life support after suffering an intracranial hemorrhage.

He was pulled of life support Friday morning and later passed away. His wife Shannon Price and her father were at the hospital Friday.

Read more here:
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/05/breaking-news-gary-coleman-dead-42

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Re: Gary Coleman has died at 42

Post by Justice4all on Fri May 28, 2010 2:58 pm

This is sad news. I just got done reading an article about Gary being in the hospital before I logged in here. I loved Diff'rent Strokes as a kid and was sad to read about all the troubles Gary had as an adult. I will pray for his family.
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri May 28, 2010 3:08 pm

R.I.P. Gary Coleman 1968-2010

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks for the video J4A.
We watched Different Strokes all the time too.
Great show.

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sun May 30, 2010 9:56 pm

So, so sad........too young....
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:57 pm

Todd Bridges was on ET tonite talking about Gary Coleman. He said Gary did not want a funeral, and he certainly didn't want his family to have any say so in his life or funeral. Remember, he sued them because they had spent all the money he had made as a child. I think he was awarded $1.5 million, which is long gone.

He was divorced from Shannon Price in 2008, but she was the one who advised doctors to turn off the respirator and let him die. The doctors said they had a form which Gary had given her permission to make medical decisions on his behalf, and even though they were divorced, it didn't change that fact.

Now, his former wife and his parents are fighting over who will make the funeral arrangements. However, Todd Bridges said on ET tonight that Gary had papers drawn up that he did not want a funeral at all. Todd said it is in the papers exactly what Gary wanted done, and he said every one will know all the facts in next couple of days.

Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:18 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if Gary didn't want a funeral. He had a very hard time trusting people after his parents ripped him off. One of the issue he had with his wife was his unwillingness to make friends because of his lack of trust.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:28 pm

Gary Coleman's wife on why she yanked his life support: 'He wouldn't have made it anyway'

BY NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF
Updated: Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 5:05 PM

LOS ANGELES - Gary Coleman's ex-wife says she pulled the plug on the ailing child actor last Friday because she didn't want him to end up like Parkinson's-stricken Muhammad Ali or late coma patient Terri Schiavo.

"[The doctors] said even if they did take a chunk out of his brain, he would not be the same. He would be basically like Muhammed Ali," Shannon Price said in a video shot the day after Coleman's death and posted on TMZ.com.

"And he would have died sooner or later anyway from that," she continued.

"I don't want people to be so hard on me, thinking I had to pull the plug too early. He wouldn't have made it anyway. His heart would have just given out."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/06/03/2010-06-03_gary_colemans_wife_on_yanking_his_life_support_he_wouldnt_have_made_it_anyway.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snaz on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:18 am

I say the Utah investigators should take a close look into Gary's death, as all through the 911 call, his wife puts her own needs in front of those of her injured husband. What kind of wife does that?

Something smells hinky. Suspect

Updated 1/22/11
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Gary Coleman's Last Words "I Love You and My Head Hurts"

Published: Jun 7, 2010
by Staff

Gary Coleman's last words were to his ex-wife Shannon Price, he said "I love you and my head hurts." Price, 24, recently revealed Coleman's last words to Entertainment Tonight. Coleman and Price have been divorced for two years.

Doctors gave tragic actor Gary Coleman just one year to live after he underwent major heart surgery last year, according to his ex-wife Shannon Price. The Diff'rent Strokes star died last month after his former wife gave doctors permission to switch off his life support system, which was keeping him alive in a comatose state.

Price is still coming to terms with the actor's death, but admits she knew her life with him would be short after the former child star had heart surgery to replace his aortic valve.

She tells news show Entertainment Tonight, "After he had heart surgery they said he wouldn't make it a year... His body was failing him.

"Since he was born, he had all of the kidney problems... He had a new dialysis access catheter put in and the doctors still said that they didn't think he was going to make it a year."

Price admits she didn't have to think for too long when doctors told her it was best to let Coleman pass away peacefully and she used her authority as the actor's partner to grant him a pain-free death.

She says, "The doctors advised me that he wasn't going to make it. His heart was giving out... It was the most difficult decision I've ever had to make in my entire life. Seeing Gary in that circumstance… It was best for him to go and not suffer. He was already a vegetable."

Price admits her ex died "immediately" after he was taken off life support: "His heart rate went down to 60 and then, when they turned the machines off, he was gone that quick." (c) WENN & additional details added by (c) tPC

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_212305786.shtml

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:29 pm

I have to look to see if I can find an article on this, but on HLN this morning, I heard them talking about Shannon pimping Gary's death bed photo's. If this is true, it's so sad. Also, Shannon told GMA that she & Gary were going to get remarried. Like they stated on air, this probably means Shannon is going to try to fight for Gary's Estate. So sad.

Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 am

Fysty - I found these articles.

Gary Coleman Hospital Pictures Reportedly Shopped Around

June 7, 2010

It's becoming depressingly clear that Gary Coleman will not be allowed to rest in peace. On the heels of wrangling over funeral plans between his ex-wife, Shannon Price, and his estranged parents, TMZ reports someone is trying to sell photos of the former child star taken shortly before and shortly after his May 28th death at the age of 42.

The seemingly soulless profiteer who's attempting to cash in on Coleman's passing is said to have four
pictures of him in the hospital. The asking price for the macabre images (seriously, who'd want to see this, even out of morbid curiosity?) is rumored to be in the low five figures.

The purported seller: Price, who TMZ says is featured in one of the shots.

If true, this would apparently be her latest attempt to make a quick buck from Coleman's death.

Radar Online claims she's offered interviews and a videotaped tour of the house where Gary suffered his
brain hemorrhage-causing head injury. She's also flapping her gums to any media outlet that will listen.

"I asked him if he could make me some food and he went downstairs and I heard this big smack," she recalls to "Good Morning America" of the May 26th incident. "I rushed down there and found him lying in a pool of blood."

And she takes issue with whispers that she might have had something to do with what happened.

"People can say whatever they want. I know the truth. I would never hurt my husband ever," she says of rumors that she might have pushed him. "I would
take my own life before I would harm him."

But that attitude appears at odds with the 911 call she made, when she refused to go near Coleman. "I'm gagging, I got blood on myself, I can't deal," she told the operator, who urged her to "at least give him a towel" so he could apply pressure to his head wound.

Two days later, Price, who had the power to make medical decisions for Coleman, took him off life support.

"I was with him the whole time," she insists to "GMA" of the moments after Coleman's injury. "I was trying to find towels, stuff like that ... If it was somebody else in my situation, I'm sure they wouldn't know what to do either."

As for their 2008 divorce, "We just had a disagreement and after we both filed and it went through we decided it wasn't the right choice. We were going to renew our vows soon but our health issues got in the way. Every couple has their moments and, yeah, we had a lot of disagreements."

But, sniffles Price, "We loved each other. It was golden ... Nothing could come between us."

Perhaps by way of proving her point, she reveals Gary's ostensible last words.

"He said, 'I love you and my head hurts,'" Shannon says in yet another interview, this one a multi-part sit-down with "Entertainment Tonight." "Those were the last [words] he said to me because he was in a lot of pain."

When asked about her decision to take him off life support so quickly, she responds, "[T]he doctors
advised me that he wasn't going to make it. His heart was giving out. It was going to stop regardless. It was the most difficult decision I've ever had to make in my entire life. Seeing Gary in that circumstance ... it was best for him to go and not suffer. He was already a vegetable."

Price, who tells "GMA" that it's "been a trial" since Coleman's death, claims he didn't want a funeral or a viewing, although he supposedly had very clear intentions with regards to his estate.

"He wanted me to have everything," she asserts to "ET."

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/gary-coleman-hospital-pictures-reportedly-shopped-around-1555383.story?gt1=28135

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:01 pm

Surprise........Gary's ex-wife wants his estate.... Rolling Eyes
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Mystery woman is added to Coleman will controversy

June 11, 2010

A mystery woman has joined the battle for tragic actor Gary Coleman's fortune - the star's agent has revealed an old friend stands to inherit everything.

In a will executed in February, 2005 and filed in Utah on Friday (11Jun10), Coleman left everything to a woman called Anna Gray - and the actor's agent, Robert Malcolm, is promoting her as the sole beneficiary of his client's estate, not the Diff'rent Strokes star's ex-wife Shannon Price, who isn't mentioned in the newly-discovered will.

Price has filed a handwritten addendum in court in an effort to get her share of Coleman's estate and the actor's TV brother Todd Bridges and a former manager both claim they have directives from the former child star too.

But Malcolm insists Gray might be the only person who legitimately has a claim to his late client's fortune.

The agent tells U.S. news show Entertainment Tonight that Gray was Coleman's most trusted friend.

Gray apparently helped the actor set up a corporation while she was living with him in Los Angeles - and he made her the CEO.

The mystery woman moved to Utah with Coleman but their relationship soured when he fell for Price.

Malcolm says, "When Shannon moved in, the relationship got difficult because Shannon didn't like the fact that there was somebody else in his (Coleman's) life, and, of course, he sided with her (Shannon), and Anna was asked to leave."

Coleman died last month (28May10) after suffering a brain haemorrhage.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/mystery-woman-is-added-to-coleman-will-controversy-1556285.story

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eva on Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:38 pm

I have read that "all" Gary Coleman was worth was "one house in Utah worth about $350,000". So it sounds like THAT is the extent of his "estate".

I read something that was blogged about Gary Coleman. It really resonated with me, I didn't write it, but here it is as follows:

I have to play the race card from the bottom of the deck, but the question begs asking. If Gary was white, Shannon would be in jail already on suspicion of murder. Conversly, if Shannon were a black woman and Gary was white she would be under the jail cell already. You see white folks when other races see how slooooowwwwwwwwwwww the Utah police are moving to arrest or even freaking investigate Shannon and her heartless moves 1) 911 call controversy 2) Quick to pull the plug on Gary 3) Death and Coma photos for sale 4) domestic violence history 5) rush to creamation to get rid of the evidence of blunt force trauma--godd dammmmm, how much more freaking evidence do the Utah police freaking need?? Racism at it's best or rather at it's worst! Black president does not equal black justice!!
eva

Location : Buying Julie some duct tape and green garbage bags. Hallow's eve approaches
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Gary Coleman's Cause of Death Revealed

June 14, 2010

Gary Coleman's cause of death has been ruled a fall, according to his newly released death certificate.

Chronic renal failure was also listed as a contributing factor to the actor's death, recorded as an accident. UsMagazine.com first reported that Coleman underwent an intense four-hour dialysis treatment hours before he hit his head, which lead to his brain hemorrhage.

Shannon Price is listed as Coleman's spouse, even though they were technically divorced at the time of
Coleman's death, on May 28 at age 42.

An autopsy was completed last week. Price has said she plans to scatter his ashes around trains.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/tv/gary-colemans-cause-of-death-revealed-1556559.story?gt1=28135

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Gary Coleman Estate Hearing Update

June 14, 2010

ET has the latest developments as they unfold in a Provo, Utah courtroom regarding the battle over Gary Coleman's estate and remains.

Anna Gray, who is named executor in a 2005 will signed by Coleman, has requested to see the late star's body before he is cremated. The request was opposed by Coleman's ex-wife Shannon Price, who alleges that a handwritten 2007 note makes her the executor of the late star's estate.

ET has learned that the judge has delayed the cremation process for 48 hours so that Gray can view Coleman's remains. Keep checking back here for the latest.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/gary-coleman-estate-hearing-update-1556613.story

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Todd Bridges & Ex-Manager Begged Gary Coleman's Ex-Wife Not To Pull The Plug

June 14, 2010

Gary Coleman wanted to prolong his life -- according to a health care directive -- and so did two of the actor's closest pals, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

Coleman's agent, Robert Malcolm, has revealed Todd Bridges and Gary’s ex-manager Dion Mial pleaded with the Diff'rent Strokes star's ex-wife Shannon Price not to take him off life support.

But neither of them -- or Coleman's own wishes -- were enough to persuade Price to keep her ex-husband alive.

quot;Dion and Todd both begged her not to pull the plug," Malcolm told RadarOnline.com, in an exclusive interview.

Coleman died, age 42, when Price made the decision to pull him off life support after he fell into a coma.

His death was the result of head injuries he suffered during a "fall" that happened by "accident" at his Utah home last month, according to the death certificate, released Monday.

A spokesperson for the Utah Valley Regional Medical Centre said it was investigating the emergence of a new document, purportedly stating Coleman had
specifically directed that he did not want anyone to pull the plug on his life support, if he was ever in that situation.

In a 2006 document, Coleman checked a box titled "Choice to Prolong Life" which states, "I want my life to be prolonged as long as possible within the limits of generally accepted health care standards."

Hospital spokesperson Janet Frank told RadarOnline.com: "I can't talk about any of this because it's part of his medical record... We have to verify that for ourselves before we would be able to do anything with it."

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/exclusive-todd-bridges-ex-manager-begged-gary-colemans-ex-wife-not-to-pull-the-plug-1556610.story

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:33 pm

It seems like Shannon was allowed to make way too many decisions given that she was his ex-wife.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:24 pm

This is so wierd! Ye gads! kh
khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Here is a 20/20 segment from 1999. It is sad how Gary was robbed blind. It seems like everybody had their fingers in the pot and left him nothing. He had almost no time off as they made him spend his summer hiatus making TV movies. They even made him work while he was sick.

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum