Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Emma Thompson -- Deceased 6/27/09 (Thread #1)

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:55 am

Serenity wrote:
Ann - Tx wrote:
Today we saw the video tape of Young at Randall's buying groceries. We saw the tape of her unloading groceries onto the conveyor even sacking her groceries, leaving the store and wheeling the basket in the parking lot to her vehicle. The tape started at 7 p.m. The itemized list of her groceries was also shown - - - she bought some Krazy Glue. In the pictures from the crime scene (her home), there is the opened packaging from the Krazy Glue on the floor!
It is called Dermabond, a liquid bonding agent that holds many cuts, wounds, and incisions together as effectively as stitches do. It is needle free.

Wow! Serenity, I love your avatar! It reminds me of Emma in Heaven!
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:16 am

Piper wrote:JUSTICE FOR EMMA!! JUSTICE FOR EMMA!!

hug for Ann.......... afro

Piper, thank you! How beautiful!

And . . . thank you for all you did to keep Emma's thread updated during Coe's trial!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:19 am

Julie wrote:These too......

Aahhh, Julie! Thank you! The roses are beautiful!

And . . . thank you for your help in recruiting Piper and keeping Emma's thread updated during Lucas Coe's trial!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:30 am

We have a new member: LCoastMom. I welcomed her upthread.

LCoast has been following the Emma Thompson Case from day one. She and I have blogged on the Comment Boards of KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, Tx and The Brenham Banner Press - Brenham, Tx.

Last week when the Banner published the article about Coe's upcoming trial, LCoast and I connected again. I told her about this site (ever so briefly and was hoping the Banner would post my comment and they did). LCoast figured it out, she found Reality Chatter and has joined!

Here is the Link to the Banner. Scroll down below the article and you will find the Comments. I posted as "Concerned Citizen". On one of my comments, the majority of my comment accidentally got cut off. Look for my comment to LCoastMom.

http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2010/09/07/news/news02.txt
Brenham Banner Press Brenham, Tx 9-7-09
~~~~~~
For LCoastMom:
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:58 am

Serenity wrote:This is clearly an assumption. I am not sure of the facts, but I assume this may be what the RN's may have been discussing. Baby Emma passed away from blunt trauma. Blunt trauma and penetrating trauma may cause lacerations of internal organs, which may account for a significant amount of acute blood loss resulting in a decreased cardiac output. Livor Mortis, is a settling of the blood in the lower (dependent) portion of the body. It occurs once the heart stops beating and can become evident 20- 30 minutes following death. Heavy red blood cells settle downward by gravity causing a maroon color of the skin. The body then begins to cool as body temperature decreases (Algor Mortis). With all patients CPR and first aid measures are taken very seriously in the ER!!! When a child arrives, they are treated as if they are your own. It's mother nature.
Serenity, thanks for the info! That is what the RN's testified about. Also, on Friday, the Medical Examiner testified and she was explaining one of Emma's autopsy photos. In that particular photo that is what Emma's body looked like - - as you explained above.

When Emma was brought in to the ER, attempts were made to resucitate her and that continued until the doctor said to stop. Per the RN, the skin of the lower part of her body was already turning that color, as you explained, when Emma was brought in. The RN said even they know a person is dead, they can not stop the life saving efforts until a doctor orders it stopped. It was disclosed during trial that EMS worked on Emma for an hour on side of the road where Abby called them from.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:20 am

I could never figure out why this mother would use Krazy Glue to try to close the wound. Now that Serenity explained what Dermabond is, it makes more sense, but definitely does not excuse the mother's actions.

Thank you Serenity for explaining this.

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:21 am

Ann - I read the comments at the Banner. What the heck was Joy's problem?

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:24 am

Julie wrote:Ann - I read the comments at the Banner. What the heck was Joy's problem?
Julie, I don't know. The audacity of her implying that Emma is dead, there is nothing more that can be done so don't bother with seeking justice for Emma. Instead, go and volunteer for an organization that helps abused children. I wonder how much volunteering she does. To me, it does not sound like she volunteers for anything. A volunteer would not have her kind of attitude. Maybe she is a friend of Lucas Coe trying to take the focus off of Lucas Coe, the charges against him and the upcoming trial (at that particular time).

Sure glad she is not on Lucas Coe's jury. It takes all 12 to convict. She would probably be the one hold out and Coe would walk.

I was hoping she'd answer my response to her but as you can see, she did not. I guess it got "too hot in the kitchen" for her. I was going to let her know that because of people with her kind of attitude, it is part of the problem. I don't think she followed the case and understands how Emma died. Maybe she did not even read the article.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:28 am

Ann..You are definitely a brave person to sit through all those horriffic details of little Emma's inflicted injuries...I would probably have to leave the courtroom due to nausea...Certainly after hearing what that precious child endured the Jury will find Coe guilty of ALL charges...Thanks for keeping us posted on Emma's case, we all appreciate the fine job you are doing..

I want to thank you for getting the word of RC out to your internet friends...This site is fabulous and with your help it is growing...
Estee

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:57 am

Julie wrote:I could never figure out why this mother would use Krazy Glue to try to close the wound. Now that Serenity explained what Dermabond is, it makes more sense, but definitely does not excuse the mother's actions.

Thank you Serenity for explaining this.

The Registered Nurses that testified said Super Glue would never be used by the doctors at Memorial Hermann Hospital - The Woodlands.

The picture of Emma's skull was gruesome. There are pictures taken at the hospital by the Crime Scene Investigator. Yesterday when Dr. Moore (Medical Examiner) testified, the pictures she took of Emma's head were introduced into evidence. Dr. Moore said there would have been a lot of blood. Under questioning by the Prosecutor, she said the way to stop it would be to put light pressure on it. If one used a towel to do that, the towel would be saturated with blood. The Prosecutor asked Dr. Moore if someone stood Emma up in a shower and let the water run over her head, would that stop it and she said, "Yes, eventually."

Oddly, Emma's hair was wet and clean with blood only around the first few inches from the scalp. It is clear someone washed her hair and cleaned her body up before attempting to remove her from the home. Abigail Young did attempt to Super Glue Emma's scalp. That was even reported by the media as the case unfolded.

In a few of the Crime Scene pictures, there are several towels on the floor of the bathroom where blood splatters were taken in as evidence. The Crime Scene Investigator testified that the towels were still damp. They were not taken in as evidence. The towels were positioned near the commode.

Abigail Young called 911 a short distance down the road from her home. Emma was in the back seat of the vehicle and Young told LE that she jerked Emma out of the car, laid her on the ground and that is why she was bruised in the thigh area. (To me, it sounds like Casey Anthony and her lies!).

If I was on the jury, after listening to all of the testimony, there is no doubt in my mind that someone attempted to clean all of the blood off of Emma before seeking medical help for her. For example, the RN's, the peditrician and Dr. Moore all testified there would have been a huge amount of blood lost because of the huge vaginal tear. If Emma was laying in a bed, it would have saturated the pillow, the sheets and the mattress. They all testified there would be severe bleeding from the head also because of the fracture. Those two areas are vascular and therefore because of Emma's injuries would bleed profusely.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:03 am

That's so very horrific and heart-wrenching. That poor little girl, having to go through all of this. Are they implying that she was still alive while she was being cleaned up?

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 am

Estee wrote:Ann..You are definitely a brave person to sit through all those horriffic details of little Emma's inflicted injuries...I would probably have to leave the courtroom due to nausea...Certainly after hearing what that precious child endured the Jury will find Coe guilty of ALL charges...Thanks for keeping us posted on Emma's case, we all appreciate the fine job you are doing..

I want to thank you for getting the word of RC out to your internet friends...This site is fabulous and with your help it is growing...
You welcome, Estee! Yes, this is a fine site - high quality like The Hinky Meter by Valhall. The members are sharp folks and this is a "safe" site. I would not hesitate to refer any one to this site or The Hinky for that very reason.

On occasion, I've included a Link in my comments to the Banner on other issues and they usually edit them out. I was very glad they let the links regarding Coe's background go through (even though not "hot"). I knew if I would post a Link to Reality Chatter, they would delete it because it is not main stream media like the links I posted to the articles about Coe's background.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:13 am

Julie wrote:That's so very horrific and heart-wrenching. That poor little girl, having to go through all of this. Are they implying that she was still alive while she was being cleaned up?
Yes, that is the implication.

Keep in mind ..... when Jennifer, Abigail's nearby neighbor testified, she stated she walked across the street to Christy's house and Coe and Christy were on the front porch. Jennifer was on the sidewalk. Coe made a phone call and said, "Mom Emma is dead. She is gone!" The flashing EMS lights could be seen down the road. Phone records proved that at the time Coe made that call, there were no phone calls between Abigail and Coe at that point. In other words, Abigail Young did not call Coe and tell him Emma was dead before he made the Mom call to whomever mom may be.

I think that will come out when the Defense puts on their defense of Coe. On cross examination, I think the Prosecutors will question whomever about that phone call.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by WantToKnow on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:19 am

Ann -

I want to be sure I understand the sequence of events correctly. Are the prosecutors stating that they feel Young knew what had happened to Emma when she left to buy groceries? That even though she knew Emma had been brutalized, she left to shop for groceries and super glue to put on the skull injury?

Would be interesting to know what her activities were that day. From what I recall, she went to work that day, left all 3 girls with Coe. The older two went to school and Emma was left with him during the day.

When Young got off work, did she go home and then to the grocery store? Or, did she go to the grocery store immediately after work without first going home?

I've always wondered about that.

If she did go home and saw the condition Emma was in, and then left, that is horrific!!!!!!!!

On a separate topic, I noticed in the foreclosure pics of the home, that the bottom portion of one wall has been removed. I wonder if the detectives removed it to analyze blood splatter patterns? (I hate even having to type that.) I just found it odd that the bottom portion of one wall was missing in the realtor photos.

Last edited by WantToKnow on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

WantToKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:21 am

I don't even know what to say........ Sad

Justice for precious Emma..
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Piper wrote:I don't even know what to say........ Sad

Justice for precious Emma..
Oh, Piper . . . how beautiful! This brought tears to my eyes instantly! What a beautiful tribute to precious little Emma!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:55 pm

WantToKnow wrote:Ann -

I want to be sure I understand the sequence of events correctly. Are the prosecutors stating that they feel Young knew what had happened to Emma when she left to buy groceries? That even though she knew Emma had been brutalized, she left to shop for groceries and super glue to put on the skull injury?

Would be interesting to know what her activities were that day. From what I recall, she went to work that day, left all 3 girls with Coe. The older two went to school and Emma was left with him during the day.

When Young got off work, did she go home and then to the grocery store? Or, did she go to the grocery store immediately after work without first going home?

If she did go home and saw the condition Emma was in, and then left, that is horrific!!!!!!!!

On a separate topic, I noticed in the foreclosure pics of the home, that the bottom portion of one wall has been removed. I wonder if the detectives removed it to analyze blood splatter patterns? (I hate even having to type that.) I just found it odd that the bottom portion of one wall was missing in the realtor photos.
Hi, WantToKnow! The brutal, horrific sexual assault of Emma Thompson happened on a Saturday afternoon . . . . June 27, 2009, the day Emma died! I need to go to town and run errands. Later this afternoon, I will answer your questions and explain. Promise!

I did not have the chance to detail the video testimony of Laura, Abigail Young's oldest daughter, the other night. I hope to do that sometime this week-end. Laura explained that day very well.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikey on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:01 pm

Hello to all.

Ann I have been reading your posts over on Hinky and I want to thank you for mentioning this site over there. I am currently living in Spring, TX, I have been here a year now and I remembered this case from when I lived in El Paso. All day long I check the local news sites and I always have a hard time finding anything on this trial. So for that I want to thank you so very much, you are doing a great job. I wish I could join you at the courthouse and be there to stand up for justice for Emma but remember you have alot of people in spirit and heart next to you.

The more I have been reading the last few days the sicker and madder I become. How in the world can any human do this to an angel like Emma or any other child. They do not deserve the air to breath in this world. I know they will get their just punishment, or I pray they do.

You mentioned that Emma's father testified yesterday, will you be posting an update on his testimony? He must be so devestated.

Did I read correctly that the so called mother may get out in 5 years? Evil or Very Mad That is not justice after reading about her shopping, the glue, etc. It makes me so sick.

Thank you and I will be here often for your updates and insights.

P.S. Love your recipes Piper, can't wait to try some.
Spikey

Back to top Go down

Post by WantToKnow on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
WantToKnow wrote:Ann -

Hi, WantToKnow! The brutal, horrific sexual assault of Emma Thompson happened on a Saturday afternoon . . . . June 27, 2009, the day Emma died! I need to go to town and run errands. Later this afternoon, I will answer your questions and explain. Promise!

I did not have the chance to detail the video testimony of Laura, Abigail Young's oldest daughter, the other night. I hope to do that sometime this week-end. Laura explained that day very well.

Thanks, Ann!

Spikey wrote:

Did I read correctly that the so called mother may get out in 5 years? Evil or Very Mad That is not justice after reading about her shopping, the glue, etc. It makes me so sick.

That's my understanding, also. Five years!

The intellectual side of me does understand the prosecution's reasoning for charging Coe with sexual assault, as opposed to murder (to reduce risk of him walking). But, for the "feeling" side of me, it's still unsettling and personally feels as if no one is being held accountable for ending Emma's life.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7106771.html

Even though jurors handed down the maximum penalty for the “reckless” conviction, Young is eligible for parole after serving five years. [snipped]

WantToKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:56 pm

This is from KWHI - AM radio station in Brenham, Tx. It was on the news this morning, noon and 5 p.m. I can not get a direct Link to the article so I am posting this in its entirety.
~~~~~~~~~~

KWHI - AM
Brenham, Tx

COE TRIAL TO RESUME MONDAY

(September, 18, 2010)

Testimony in the Lucas Coe trial is expected to continue Monday morning.

Coe is accused of sexually and physically abusing 4-year old Emma Thompson, who later died of her injuries.

Friday, jurors were given the grim details of Thompson’s autopsy. The forensic pathologist spoke about Emma's autopsy, but under cross examination the doctor admitted efforts to revive the young girl, like CPR, could possibly have caused some of her bruising.

Emma Thompson's biological father, Ben Thompson, is scheduled to take the stand next.

Thursday, the jury watched videotaped testimony from Thompson's 11-year-old sister. She says on the day Emma died, she heard a loud bang from the kitchen. The sister says she saw Coe with Emma who was bleeding from her head.

Emma went to take a nap, but was later found unresponsive by their mother, Abigail Young.

Young, a Brenham native and former nurse, is currently serving a 20-year sentence for Causing Injury to a Child by Omission. She is not expected to testify in this trial.

Courtroom observers say final arguments could begin as soon at Tuesday.

Link to KWHI: http://www.kwhi.com/news1.htm#COE%20TRIAL%20TO%20RESUME%20MONDAY

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:00 pm

For Ann ~ and everyone seeking justice for Emma, this is a small tribute from me. This song was played at a candlelight vigil for Emma on 8/13/09 and you felt it was so very appropriate...

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Thank you for that beautiful tribute Piper. It's very sad that a monster like Coe got his hands on precious Emma.
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Piper, that was so sweet of you to post a tribute for Emma on youtube. The last couple of seconds was really nice of you to do too.

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Thank you! It's the first time I've ever used that program, and first time posting a video to youtube. I need more practice. Ann inspired me....

Justice for Emma...

Last edited by Piper on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Piper, that was so beautiful! Poor Emma. She was such a beautiful little girl. I hope her angel face haunts those who hurt & killed her forever. Sad

Thank you so much for this awesome tribute!

Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Piper ~ That was a beautiful tribute that you posted. I admire Ann for all her dedication to seeing that justice is carried out for Emma. She is the person who would not let this case fade away, and tells it like it is.
I still am sicked about how Abigail Young got off so lightly. Emma could/should be alive, if Coe didn't mean more to Young than her own child. She deliberately delayed doing anything for Emma, and explained the blood on Emma's panties that a neighbor spoke to her about. I do not know what day that was. But right then Young knew that something horrible happened to Emma and did nothing - oh, wait, she did do something - she lied, and lied. Emma was alive when the neighbor saw her, but that must have been disallowed during Young's trial. Young deliberately delayed getting help for Emma, as she did not want Emma alive to testify. She cleaned up the blood, cleaned up Emma, and tried to clean up what had really happened to Emma. She stopped on the way to the hospital and put Emma out on the street. Acting like the helpless RN momster, she allowed strangers to attempt CPR on Emma. More delays before Emma was taken to a hospital. Young wanted as much delay as possible to hide the truth. I thought that when someone is alive, they bleed at the site of an injury, but once that person is dead they will not bleed anymore. So Emma was dead, then she cleaned her up, washed her hair, etc, and put some glue on her head to show how much she loved Emma.
Disgusting, how Young tries to foist her dead daughter off on a rescue team. She deserves the same thing that Coe gets. Even more so, she was supposed to be Emma's mother. Young's own mother is no better, for what little she did for her grandaughter, and how she tried to use her influence and family name to help Abigail the non-nurse of death. Time to get the skeletons out of the closet, and let the printing presses roll on and on for Emma.
Ann, I am glad that you decided to join us here at Reality Chatter. Thank you for all that you do, and you should be very proud of standing up for Emma. What a long heartbreaking job you have taken upon yourself. It must be hell sitting quietly in that courtroom. The defense can put a suit on that POS but it won't make him any cleaner - he is evil, pure evil.

Last edited by Cali on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikey on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:24 pm

That was beautiful Piper.

Emma has the most beautiful smile and she smiled all the time, how can someone look at that precious little face and even think of doing any harm to her. Sad
Spikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Welcome Spikey!!

"Thank you and I will be here often for your updates and insights.
P.S. Love your recipes Piper, can't wait to try some."

I hope to see some of your recipes as well!!
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:33 pm

This was in the Chicago Tribune today. It appears they got their news story about Lucas Coe's trial from KIAH (TV station) in Houston, Tx. - Video and article
~~~~~~~

Emma Thompson Rape Trial Begins

Chicago Tribune
Saturday, Sep. 18, 2010

HOUSTON — Opening statements began today in the sexual assault case against Lucas Coe.

Coe, 28, is accused of raping 4-year-old Emma Thompson before she died of unexplained injuries including a fractured skull, severed pancreas and tear to the vagina, on June 27, 2009.

The prosecution argued bruises all over Emma's body are signs she was being abused. And Harris County Assistant District Attorney Tina Ansari said Emma, her mother and Coe all had Genital Herpes.

"A little four year old child has a sexually transmitted disease in her genital area. That's very abnormal you will here, very unlikely," argued Ansari.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/kiah-coe-trial-story,0,1535041.story?track=rss-topicgallery

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:02 am

Piper wrote:For Ann ~ and everyone seeking justice for Emma, this is a small tribute from me. This song was played at a candlelight vigil for Emma on 8/13/09 and you felt it was so very appropriate...

Piper, how absolutely beautiful! The song, the pictures of Emma and the other pictures of the angels . . . . . just beautiful! Emma deserves this tribute. You are very talented.

Off and on I checked YouTube over the past year and I did not find one tribute for Emma! There are numerous tributes for Caylee Anthony and Haleigh Cummings. I would have thought the maternal side of the family would have done a tribute to Emma on YouTube or maybe a neighbor. Nothing for Emma but . . . . now there is . . . . .thanks to you Piper!

Piper, thank you for the dedication to me and Reality Chatter. That is just very nice of you! The video just brings tears to my eyes because of the song and the pictures.

When I see those beautiful pictures of precious little Emma, for now I can't help but see the autopsy and Emergency Room pictures. Emma is so vibrant in the pictures and then I see (in my mind) a lifeless Emma that I don't even recognize - it is that horrific.

I did not see this YouTube video until I posted the Chicago Tribune article & video. When I left earlier, I was on Page 11. Page 11 did not refresh until I posted the C. Tribune article.

A special thanks to you, Piper, for creating such a beautiful video in memory of Emma!

I will tell Emma's paternal grandfather, Jim, about this when I see him Monday at the trial. He has been at the trial everyday and one of his sons has been there nearly everyday. Ben Thompson, Emma's father, can not be at the trial since he was on the Witness List to testify for the Prosecution (State of Texas). I will give Mr. Thompson the Link to Reality Chatter. He keeps up with the Brenham media sites. Perhaps he'll include Reality Chatter on his list also.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:30 am

No need to thank me, it's the least I can do. Everyone appreciates what you are doing seeking justice for Emma and bringing more attention to this horrific case. That was my first attempt at creating a video, I'm glad you like it.

Justice for Emma...... afro

Last edited by Piper on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:48 am

Spikey wrote:Hello to all.

Ann I have been reading your posts over on Hinky and I want to thank you for mentioning this site over there. I am currently living in Spring, TX, I have been here a year now and I remembered this case from when I lived in El Paso. All day long I check the local news sites and I always have a hard time finding anything on this trial. So for that I want to thank you so very much, you are doing a great job. I wish I could join you at the courthouse and be there to stand up for justice for Emma but remember you have alot of people in spirit and heart next to you.

The more I have been reading the last few days the sicker and madder I become. How in the world can any human do this to an angel like Emma or any other child. They do not deserve the air to breath in this world. I know they will get their just punishment, or I pray they do.

You mentioned that Emma's father testified yesterday, will you be posting an update on his testimony? He must be so devestated.

Thank you and I will be here often for your updates and insights.

P.S. Love your recipes Piper, can't wait to try some.
Welcome to Reality Chatter, Spikey! You will love this awesome site!

You do not have to waste your time looking for updates on the Emma Thompson Case. Just come to Reality Chatter because the latest updates are posted here on Emma's thread! During the trial, Piper, Julie, Justice4All and others (I am sorry but I don't have time to go back to the previous pages and find others who may have posted updates so please do not be offended if I did not mention your name.) are keeping Emma's thread updated. They are doing an awesome job!

If you can come to the Justice Center, please let me know. We will sit together! I would love to meet you!

Yes, Ben Thompson testified on Friday, 9-17-10. In fact, he was the last person to testify. The Jury will have all week-end to think about his testimony! I introduced myself to Ben and had the opportunity to talk to him for a while. He is a very nice person! Very clean cut and has class. I can not imagine why Abigail Young would choose Lucas Coe over her husband and 3 daughters! Coe had no job, no residence, no ambition and drove mostly Young's vehicle and has a long criminal history! This all came out in testimony at the trial. What a loser! Just my opinion!

I will be writing about Ben's testimony. I am going to start working on Friday's updates and I have some from the other day also. Hope to post some of this tonight. Wee hours of the morning sounds more appropriate! LOL

Abigail Young was sentenced to 20 years in a Texas state prison and a $10,000 fine. Young will be eligible for parole (provided she demonstrates good behavior) in five years. In the Victim's Impact Statement for Emma Thompson, Ben Thompson yelled at Young and told her he will be at every Parole Hearing to speak against her.

While at the Justice Center, I spend some of my time, during recess, doing research. I have been to the Harris County District Clerk's Office (it is in the same building) and did some fact finding.

Also, made some inquiries, with the Harris County District Attorney's Office (it is in the same building), about Young's parole hearing in five (5) years. Besides family, others can protest Young's parole. This week during recess, I will get more facts and hopefully, the process one needs to pursue a protest of Young's parole.

We'll get every member on Reality Chatter to protest Young's parole! We could very easily swamp the Parole Board, at the appropriate time, with letters, etc. against Young's parole.

In my opinion, Young needs to serve all 20 years of her sentence because of Emma's brutal, horrific death. Young failed to protect Emma and chose to let Lucas Coe, with a long criminal history including child abuse charges, into her home. Young left Emma with Coe. He baby sat Emma while Young worked and her two other daughters, Julia and Laura, were at school. Instead of seeking immediate medical help for Emma, Young went shopping to Randall's and bought Krazy Glue among her grocery items. She told neighbors she bleached her bathroom before she attempted to take Emma to the ER. Young failed to call 911 from her home. She drove down the road, jerked Emma out of the back seat and put her on the ground . . . .then called 911.

Yes, Abigail Young needs to serve 20 years in prison for the death of precious little Emma! Too bad the jury did not find her guilty of the Felony Charge. Then her punishment would have been Life in Prison without Parole!

Spikey, hope you will enjoy Reality Chatter. Just come here for the latest updates. Hope you post comments also. If you can be at the Justice Center, please let me know! I would love to meet you!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:52 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
LCoastMom wrote:Ann and all here for baby Emma, thank you for all you are doing for Emma! praise
LCoastMom, a big, huge welcome to Reality Chatter! You are brilliant. You saw my message to you in the Banner Press! I am so glad you figured it out! I posted as Concerned Citizen.

As this case unfolded, I posted on KBTX (CBS) - Bryan, Tx as Justice and I know you posted there also.

Thank you so very much for joining Reality Chatter. This is an awesome site. The owner of this site, Fysty Angel, approved this thread for Emma. Snaz and Justice4All, the Reality Chatter Administrators, posted the majority of the pictures and videos, especially Snaz. In fact, Snaz made Emma's thread come alive!

It is so awesome and wonderful to know that Reality Chatter supports "Justice for Emma Thompson!"

Once again, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the post by you! So glad you found Reality Chatter!

Respectfully snipped. Ann, Thank You! What a wonderful welcome! I have to fess up tho! I was directed here by a friend on another site, (I have two cases in CA that had hearings on 9/15) so I hadn't made it back to the Banner Press yet - altho I would have this weekend, so I feel it was "meant to be" so to speak. I have been following your comments for Emma all along! The snippy Joy was the reason I posted to you there last week! Your care was so evident and she was out of line! (she sounded like a Coe backer)

Understandably/frustratingly the news is giving a very sanitized version of this trial - one local had several posters irate over Emma's panties in the film clip! This case is heartbreaking (I feel so bad for her family!) and you have nailed all my points of contention!

I read Coe's long list of priors this summer (in the court site) and had made a time line of them - he should have been prosecuted years ago for the abuse of the lil boy. I believe Coe had known the Young - Thompson family for a long time and so Abby had to know something about his priors...

Laura, poor lil girl should not have had to testify (again)! She said kitchen, Abby said bathroom!

The super glue - yup plastic surgeons do sometimes use it on delicate tissue to help prevent scars, never heard of it being used on a bleeding /open scalp wound (at home)!

The DNA - finding none on Emma, I had commented a few days ago (elsewhere) there should have been trace from Coe on Emma, he cared for her all day and she was ill - now seeing you found out they bathed her before taking Emma to the corner, so Abby could call 911! BIG RED FLAG!

Coe's phone call to his mother! They knew! And Abby had just spent 9 minutes with the doctor on the phone c/o trouble urinating??? How about trouble walking, talking, staying conscious or even breathing!!

I was ranting mad after reading your Thursday post - I can only imagine it is going to get worse! After Abby's trial, I sent a letter to the Chron writer, Terri and a copy to the DA - I never heard back! I am absolutely disgusted with the wimpy charges for Abby, the LEOs were conducting a homicide investigation! These two are getting away with MURDER! Him as the perp and her as an accomplice - They were the only two adults who were caring for Emma that day and Emma didn't do this to herself! I have some suspicions about the prosecutor's office that I kept to myself in the note, but this post on Chron from a couple days ago says a lot!!

Horsetrackwidow1 wrote:
But why do the DA's assigned to this case look and sound so bad?? At some point, there were excellent DAs who could do more than shout, "You are guilty." (which has no evidentiary weight) at a jury. And the DAs didn't look like they were going clubbing after trial.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I have never worked for the DAs office, and I have never practiced criminal law at all. I am appalled by this case because of the disgusting injuries and the mother's apparent complicity in her daughter's horrific death. And after watching portions of the opening statements, all that I can wonder is where are the DAs who knew what they were doing???? I am a civil attorney who is perplexed by why this case appears as though it may not go the way that a mother of children would hope that it would go. As a female attorney, I am embarrassed.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/7201204.html

I was relieved to see what you wrote about the professional/expert witness! That helps.

I'm sorry for the long rant, the death of these babies is really getting to me. You Dear Lady, are very strong to be able to sit in the court room (and not taking a Sharpie to put 'Baby Killer' on Coe's forehead or maybe some surgery to his privates I'll supply the fingernail clippers, I understand his GF attempts miracles with super glue) - I hope writing about the trial is cathartic for you! And I will be more than happy to join you in a campaign to enforce mandatory life w/o parole or death - nothing less, for child rapist/murders - like charges for a parent who attempts to cover for a perp!

Again, deep thanks for the warm welcome to this awesome site and your most excellent coverage of the trial!
LCoastMom

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:56 am

Lucas Coe Trial Update:

The following were called as witnesses for the State of Texas (Prosecution) on Friday, 9-17-10:

. An officer from Houston Police Department - Major Offenders Division (Testified re Cell Phone pings of Abigail Young and Lucas Coe's cell phone records.)

. Dr. Patricia Moore - Southeast Forensics Center in Conroe, Tx
She did the autopsy of Emma Thompson on 6-29-10.

. Benjamin (Ben) Thompson - Emma's father.
~~~~~~~~
Jude Vahill (last name may be misspelled) - an officer with the Houston Police Department, Houston, Tx. - Major Offenders Crimes Unit testified about the cell phone records of Lucas Coe and Abigail Young. He was asked by the Harris County District Attorney's Office (Prosecutors) to do the analysis.

In a case, his job would be to obtain all Internet records, phone (land line) records, and cell phone records for analysis.

Officer Vahill specifically testified about the cell phone records. He stated the first thing they look at is the location of all towers. Most phone towers look like a circle with a Y over it. He drew a diagram for the Jury and showed how a typical tower is shaped like a Y and explained how pings indicate location.

The Prosecution introduced the phone records into evidence. The actual records were shown to the Jury but not on overhead projection. Officer Vahill explained the LOC (which is on the cell phone records) is like a zip code number - it designates an area of location. He thoroughly explained location and pings to the jury using maps which were introduced into evidence. He explained the pings and the towers. If mobile, there would be overlap when entering another cell tower area.

He did an analysis of Coe's cell phone records starting in May, 2009. The Prosecutor asked about specific dates. He explained, in layman's terms, to the Jury and showed via map the pings, the tower and the location of those pings. I did not write all of the dates and location down. It was very detailed testimony and Vahill was on the stand for a long time. I really had to listen carefully so I could understand and follow Vahill's analysis.

Here are a few that I did write down: On May 26, 2009, all calls from Coe's cell phone were made from Abigail Young's home per all phone records. The first call was made at 11:09 a.m. I did not write down the time the last call was made.

The same with May27, 2009. On May 28, 2009, the first call was made at 11:03 a.m. and the last call was made at 9:43 p.m.

All of the calls were compared to Young's work schedule and it is fairly certain that Coe was at Young's home all day.

Earlier records from the Y (where Emma went on occasion) were introduced into evidence. The dates that the Prosecutors questioned Vahill about were dates when Coe would have been alone with Emma. She was not at the Y.

On June 27, 2009 (the date Emma Thompson died), the last call that Lucas Coe made at or near Young's home, was at 9:37 p.m.

Then the Prosecutor questioned Vahill about Abigail Young's cell phone records. I did take notes on some of the June 27, 2009 analysis.

The first call from Young's cell phone on 6-27-09 was at 11:47 a.m. and is consistent with Young not being at her home per pings and the towers.

Vahill was able to establish when Young was at Randall's and the location. The Prosecutor asked Vahill is it fair to say Young went to Randall's and back home. Vahill said yes because of the pings and the towers. Young was mobile so the movement from one tower to the next was tracked via pings.

The calls to Dr. Sane, Emma's peditrician were verified. Made from Young's home. They were made from Young's cell phone at 6:30, 6:31, 8:22 and 8:25. All p.m. If you will recall, Dr. Sane testified and stated those were the times Young called and left a message for Dr. Sane. Dr. Sane called Young at 8:29 p.m. and the call lasted 9 minutes. Per Vahill's analysis of Young's cell phone records, Young was at home when Dr. Sane called her.

Before the 911 call, Young made a call at 8:51 p.m. Three minutes later she made the 911 call and it registered at another tower. The pings and tower indicated Young was near her home.

Through the very detailed analysis of Coe's and Young's cell phone records, it was proven that Young did not call Coe before he made the phone call to whomever and said, "Mom, Emma is dead. She is gone!"

Jennifer, one of Young's neighbors, testified to hearing Coe say that in front of Christy's house when he was on his cell phone.

Because I have followed the Casey Anthony Case so closely and have read all of the doc dumps (with the exception of letters written by folks other than George and Cindy Anthony .....I was not interested in wasting my valuable time reading letters to Casey from whomever and especially the "whack jobs".), I had a very clear understanding of pings, towers, location, etc. Also, if I remember correctly, Valhall, owner of The Hinky Meter, wrote an excellent technical article regarding pings and cell phone calls by Casey, etc.

I think Officer Vahill did an excellent job of explaining pings, tower, etc., in layman's terms, to the Jury.

The Prosecutor passed the witness Vahill and the Defense questioned Vahill. In my opinion, the Defense tried to create doubt but did not attempt to discredit Vahill. That was smart. It was obvious to me that this officer was more than competent in his expertise of cell phone analysis. The Defense created no doubt in my mind. I did not even bother to take notes. I hope the jury understands it the way Vahill explained it.

Once again, the jury was very attentive during Vahill's testimony. Coe's jury is very attentive regardless of who testifies. And, in my opinion, that is a good thing!

I am going to submit this and work on Ben Thompson's testimony. I will do Dr. Moore's last (probably tomorrow) because it may take me a year! Only kidding but it will take a while.

Also, I hope to work on testimony from others that I did not comment on, in detail, the other day.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:20 am

I posted this on 'Just for Chat' - The Hinky Meter by Valhall:

» Ann - Tx said: { Sep 19, 2010 - 03:09:10 }

RE: Emma Thompson Case

If anyone is interested, Piper at Reality Chatter, made a beautiful tribute to Emma Thompson and posted it on YouTube. She posted it on Emma’s thread on Saturday, 9-18-10.

Piper used the song by Alan Jackson, ” Sissy’s Song”, which was played at Emma’s Candlelight Vigil on 8-13-09 in Spring, Tx.

Piper has included beautiful pictures of precious little Emma and pictures of angels. It truly is a beautiful tribute!

It brought tears to my eyes . . . . just to think of precious little Emma who was a happy, vibrant child . . . . . . dead because her mother failed to protect her from her boyfriend who is accused of brutally raping and beating Emma which caused her death on 6-27-09.

There are many tributes or in memory videos on YouTube for Caylee Anthony and Haleigh Cummings (cases which many are familiar with). I have checked YouTube often to see if a maternal family member or a neighbor posted a tribute video for Emma. If I knew how to make a video and post it to YouTube, I would have done so long ago.

Sadly, there was not even one video for Emma.

But . . . .there is now! Thanks to Piper! Emma will now have one video in her memory!

The video is in a comment box at the top of page 12:
by Piper Yesterday at 8:00 pm

Here is the Link to Page 12:

http://www.realitychatter.com/missing-murdered-f30/emma-thompson-deceased-6-27-09-t2705-220.htm#68886
Reality Chatter 9-18-10 Emma Thompson — Deceased 6-27-09

“Emma Thompson Tribute”
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/09/14/just-for-chat-5/#comment-71998
The Hinky Meter by Valhall - Just for Chat

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:18 am

~ ~ ~ Justice fro prescious Emma Thompson! ~ ~ ~
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:53 am

Lucas Coe Trial - Update from Friday, 9-17-10

Ben Thompson, Emma's father, testified for the State (Prosecution) on Friday, June 17, 2010. He was the last witness to testify before Judge Shaver adjourned the court until Monday, 9-20-10.

Following a recess, Judge Shaver swore Ben Thompson in and the jury was brought into the Court Room. The following is some of Ben's testimony.

Ben stated his name for the record: Benjamin Thompson.

He was asked how he was related to Emma. He said Emma is his daughter who is now deceased.

He stated his daughters are Julia and Emma and his step-daughter is Laura.

Ben was married to Abigail Young (Abbey) in June, 2003 and separated on April 13, 2009 . . . Easter week-end. Ben moved in temporarily with his parents.

Emma's birthday was days later after the separation on 3-29-09.

Ben testified that he had visitation with all three girls. The Prosecutor had a huge calendar for part of May and June, 2009 displayed on an easel.

Starting on May 16, the Prosecutor asked Ben what days he had the girls. Ben said on May 16 and 17, he had Laura and Julia only. Emma was sick that week-end and stayed home with Abbey.

On May 22 thru the evening of May 25th, Ben had all three girls. Later that evening, the girls went back to Abbey.

During the May 22 - 25 visit, he noticed Emma had bruises and blisters on her hand, back of the thigh and mouth. He called Abbey and asked about it.

On Saturday, May 25, Emma goes to the bathroom and whimpered. He thought she had a urinary tract infection. On Sunday, May 26, Emma screams while urinating.

Ben called Abbey and told her about it. Eventually, he insisted Abbey take Emma to her Pediatrician, Dr. Sane. When the Prosecutor asked Ben if he knew Dr. Sane, he said yes.

On June 5 thru June 7, Ben had all three (3) girls. He noticed bruising on Emma and blisters on her hand, back of thigh and mouth. He called Abbey and asked her about it. He insisted Abbey take Emma to Dr. Sane, Emma's Pediatrician or he would.

On June 8, 2009, Abbey took Emma to Dr. Sane.

When the test results came back on Emma, Abbey told Ben that Emma has Herpes Simplex and sometimes after a child has chicken pox, they can develop Herpes or by playing with other children. When the Prosecutor asked Ben if he believed Abbey's explanation. He said he did. His wife, at the time, is a Registered Nurse and besides after being married to someone for a length of time, you have a level of trust.

Ben testified that on 6-17-09, he, Abbey and all three (3) girls had a meeting with CPS (Child's Protective Services).

On June 17, 2009, Ben had the two oldest girls, Julia and Laura. On 6-18-09 to 6-22-09, Ben had all three girls.

When the Prosecutor asked if Emma had bruises during that visit, Ben said no bruises. Older bruises were fading (healing) and the blister on the back of the thigh was almost healed. It had a scab.

Ben testified that Emma looked fine and walked okay. The Prosecutor asked Ben when was the last time he saw Emma. He said the morning of June 22, 2009.

The Prosecutor asked Ben if he knows who Lucas Coe is and is he in the Court Room. Ben said yes, Lucas Coe is in the Court Room. Based on the questions asked, Ben described what Coe was wearing and said he is the third man to the left.
(For your info, Coe was to the right of his two attorneys which would have been to the left as Ben described from the witness chair).

The Prosecutor asked Ben if he ever talked with Coe. Ben: No
Ben stated that he may have seen Coe once in passing at a neighbor's party when he and Abbey were still living together.

Then the Prosecutor put up another huge calender and asked Ben repeatedly: Did you know on -----(the date) that Lucas Coe stayed at your home or maybe she said spent the night at your home. The Prosecutor asked him that question for every date. Ben answered no to each question. There were many dates. I did not write them down.

Ben testified that on June 27th, Abbey called. He saw that it was her and did not answer because of other issues he did not want to talk to her at the time. He was with his family.

On the early morning of June 28, 2009, Ben got a phone call from Law Enforcement. He went to his home at 25003 Haverford Rd. When he arrived he saw a Crime Scene Unit, Police Officers everywhere and Abbey was at Christi Frazier's home.

Also, the video tape of Abigail Young at Randall's (a grocery store) was shown. Ben was asked if he could identify the person in the video. He said yes. He was asked who is it and he said his wife, at the time, Abigail Young.

The Prosecutor asked Judge Shaver if she could approach the witness. He said yes. She went to Ben and said for identification purposes, she will show him a picture and she laid the picture down on the witness stand and asked Ben if he could identify who is in the picture. It was an autopsy picture of Emma Thompson. Ben looked down at it and was silent for a while with his head down. He then looked at the Prosecutor and said with emotion, "That is my deceased daughter, Emma Thompson."

The Prosecutor then slowly walked the picture in front of the Jury as has been customary with the evidence.

She passed the witness to the Defense.

Van Buren, Lucas Coe's attorney, declined to question Ben Thompson.

In my opinion, I feel Van Buren knew he could not attempt to discredit the father of deceased Emma nor try to create any reasonable doubt by questioning Ben Thompson. It just would not sit well with a Jury in a case like this. Just my opinion!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by LCoastMom on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 am

Thank You. Bless Ben Thompson, that must have been heart wrenching.
LCoastMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:26 am

Thank you Ann for the updates.

snipped:

The Prosecutor asked Judge Shaver if she could approach the witness. He said yes. She went to Ben and said for identification purposes, she will show him a picture and she laid the picture down on the witness stand and asked Ben if he could identify who is in the picture. Ben looked down at it and was silent for a while. He looked at the Prosecutor and said with emotion, "That is my deceased daughter, Emma Thompson."

Sad

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikey on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 am

Thank you Piper and Ann for the Welcome.

Ann, thank you for the updates, none of which we would have ever seen in the news.

My heart just breaks for Ben, Emma's father. I didn't realize it happened so soon after leaving his wife. She sure moved Coe right into the family awfully fast. She deserves to spend the whole 20 years behind bars. I will definitely do what ever it takes so that the parole board hears all of our voices.

Ann I so wish I could join you and meet you during this but due to work obligations on such a short notice there is no way I can do it. If you feel a breeze wisping by you in the court room just know that is me landing on your shoulder giving you support and letting you know we are there with you.

Ann, is the courthouse off of Cypresswood? I definitely do not know Houston yet, basically to and from work. If it is it is fairly close to my work and maybe, just maybe I can pop in during my lunch break, which I could swing a 2 hour break. I just feel it would be nice for you to have someone there also. It has to be so hard listening to all of this and I thank you so much for being there for Emma.

If and only when you have gotten some sleep, can you let me know what Coe's demeanor has been in the courtroom. I am pictureing a Casey Anthony blank stare?

Have a wonderful Sunday.

P.S. Piper I will post some recipes soon.
Spikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:26 am

Spikey, I hope you are able to visit Ann at the courthouse. I know she would love it.

Snipped from one of Ann's previous posts:

We'll get every member on Reality Chatter to protest Young's parole! We could very easily swamp the Parole Board, at the appropriate time, with letters, etc. against Young's parole.

You better believe we will, I'll be first in line right behind you. Mad Young deserves LWOP or the death penalty. She's as guilty as he is in her murder.....disgusting.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:41 pm

by Spikey Today at 8:43 am
~~~~~~~
Good morning, Spikey! Regarding the updates . . . .you welcome!

The trial is taking place in downtown Houston in the Justice Center at 1201 Franklin. It is in Project Courts 1 (which has the latest in video and audio technology installed). It is on the 20th Floor which is the top floor of the building. The Justice Center is the Criminal Courts within the Harris County Court House.

Of course, there are no windows in the Court Room. If you walk a few feet past the Court Room, the hallway becomes an open area where there is seating and windows. To the right is a short hallway. On the left side are two media rooms. KTRK (ABC) Ch 13 - Houston, Tx have their own media room. I had the opportunity to meet and talk to Katie McCall, Reporter, who covered the Abigail Young Trial. She has been in the Court Room off and on. One morning she was there for most of the morning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Off-Topic but about my experience away from the Court Room during recess and lunch:

The view of downtown Houston is spectacular. In the 70's, I worked in downtown Houston so I am very familiar with downtown. The last time I was in downtown Houston, prior to Coe's trial, was in 2002. I have relatives and many friends that currently work downtown. In fact, I have friends that work in the Justice Center.

Next week, I hope to visit a few during recess (provided it is longer than 10 minutes). Thursday I took one of my friends (works in the Justice Center) to lunch and we walked about 6 long city blocks to get to a restaurant. There are no nearby restaurants. There is a cafeteria in the building where the trial is taking place and a cafeteria in the Civil Courts Building which is across the street from the Justice Center. With the exception of Thursday, I've had lunch at the Civil Courts Bldg. They have very delicious deli sandwiches fixed to order. Very expensive though! Also, have been having breakfast there since Thursday because I can not eat breakfast at home at 4 a.m. Too early to eat for me!

Being downtown, there are a lot of panhandlers. Everyday while getting a breath of fresh air in front of the building during recess (if longer than 10 minutes), 2 or 3 people will approach me and ask if I have a dollar or money. I say no. I think they've asked for everything except my briefcase! One day a lady asked me for my earrings! A guy asked me for my watch and another lady asked me for my bracelet. (All of this over a course of 4 days). So far no one has asked me for my clothes! roflao

I quit taking my purse. I put my money at the bottom of my briefcase and hold on tight to my briefcase! Many people (not panhandlers) have asked me if I am an attorney and of course I say no. It is interesting just outside the building. I have met people from all walks of life. I never meet a stranger so I've actually enjoyed it . . . . a good break from the emotional trial of Lucas Coe.

Wednesday I was outside in front of the building during a morning recess, and there was a lady and a guy with a microphone and audio equipment. I assumed they were with a radio station. They came up to me and asked me if I was an attorney and I said no. They asked if I don't mind them asking, what am I doing at the Court House. I told them I'm here to observe a trial in the Justice Center - Criminal Courts. Then I asked them why do they ask. They told me they are with 95.7 FM and they are interviewing folks that have to be at the Court House for court issues (criminal, etc).

The lady is a DJ and does the morning drive show. I watched them interview people. After the brief interview, they had the person sign a release and they gave them an orange t-shirt with their logo on the front right shoulder and on the back it says: "Watcha Doin' At The Courthouse?"

This was going to be the theme for the Drive Show on Thursday morning. In other words, they were interviewing some criminals. If you have listened to some of the Drive Shows on your way to work, they are funny and will crack you up with laughter. I listened to about 15 minutes of their show Thursday morning and could not listen any more because I arrived at the Parking Garage and was more than ready to exit my SUV.

I heard some of the interviews and their on air commentary. Cracked me up and I laughed out loud! While they were doing the interviews on Wed., I had the chance to listen to them doing the live interview and I could not help but laugh to their response to the interviewee. The guy came up to me and said too bad you are not here for criminal reasons. We would love to have interviewed you. I told him I am very glad I'm not here for criminal reasons. That would not be cool for me! Then he handed me a t-shirt and said listen to HOT 95.7 on your drive in tomorrow. So I have a really cool looking t-shirt!

On Friday, after having lunch at the cafeteria in the Civil Courts Building I went out to the front of the building. The architecture of the building is beautiful. There are seating areas, with plants, to the left of the front doors in a plaza area. To get to the street level one would have to go down about 20 or 30 steps. To the right side of the building is a ramp area. I have an appreciation for architecture because I would use to call on architects, structural engineers and General and Industrial Contractors when I worked as a Technical Sales Manager for a world wide company.

The wind picked up and it started raining lightly. The seating area is not under cover so I went and stood by one of the huge pillars which has a small ledge around it. A guy that had an identification badge on came up to me and asked if it was okay if he sat his small duffel bag on the ledge by my briefcase. I said sure, go ahead. We started talking and he was really interesting to talk to. We started talking about volunteer work. I told him when I lived in Houston, I did a tremendous amount of volunteer work with several organizations such as child abuse victims, battered women, Special Olympics, volunteered on the week-ends in the Pediatric Ward of a major hospital, and worked closely with the Harris County Sheriff's Office off-duty officers regarding fundraisers for severely injured deputies and deputies shot in the line of duty (funds to benefit the family of the deceased officer), etc. By the way, when I did that, I secured really nice donated items for the Live Auction of a Benefit for an officer or a deceased officer's immediate family - wife and children.

At some point, I told him I was going to have to head back to the Justice Center and since it was raining lightly I would have to go through the tunnel because I don't have my umbrella. Then he said, "You are a very nice lady and I really enjoyed talking to you. I have tremendous respect for a person that volunteers to a worthy cause. Would you like a blanket?" I guess he saw the puzzled look on my face and I was speechless for a few seconds! I'm never speechless! LOL Laughing He said the blanket is new with the tag on it; never used. He said he'd really like to give me a blanket and he pulled a beautiful orange, red and brown striped blanket out of his duffel bag and handed it to me. I took the lap blanket which was in a roll and thanked him.

I asked him if he hangs around this area handing out blankets. He said no that he comes to the Civil Courts Bldg. plaza to take a break in one of the seating areas. He just needs a brief break from the streets. He told me his degree is in social services and due to a disability, he is unable to work full time. He spends his spare time working the streets primarily 2 and 3 blocks from the Court House giving the homeless blankets and socks since winter will be here soon. He volunteers for the Cheyenne Center which helps the homeless. He is a very clean cut guy. Initially, I thought he might be with the media because it looked like he had his credentials hanging around his neck. It was his identification as a Cheyenne Center volunteer.

He also donates blankets and socks to the center for distribution. I tried to give him the blanket back. I told him I am far from homeless and a homeless person could use it. He refused to take it back. He then pulled out a nice, thick pair of navy blue socks and gave them to me. He told me to think of him and his volunteer efforts every time I use the lap blanket and wear the socks this winter. I told him I certainly would think of him.

By then, it quit raining and we both headed down the steps and walked to the intersection where I needed to cross the street. We said good-bye to one another, shook hands and parted company. He continued on to go to the area where the homeless congregate during the day and I continued on my way to the Justice Center. It was so refreshing to meet him because of his volunteer efforts. If I was not attending Coe's trial, I think I would have joined him for a few hours in handing out blankets and socks to the homeless.

Well, I wonder what freebies strangers will give me next week! Only kidding! Very Happy

I did not intend to get off topic, but I really do need a break from writing about the gruesome details of the testimony of Dr. Moore which I am working on. I will do that one off and on throughout the day. It is just too disturbing to do it all at one time. Hopefully, I will post it late today.

Well it has been nice to write about something insignificant. Now . . . back to the autopsy testimony! geek

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Piper wrote:Spikey, I hope you are able to visit Ann at the courthouse. I know she would love it.

Snipped from one of Ann's previous posts:

You better believe we will, I'll be first in line right behind you. Mad Young deserves LWOP or the death penalty. She's as guilty as he is in her murder.....disgusting.
Hi, Piper! Good to know! I will be getting the details perhaps tomorrow. If not, Tuesday while the jury is in deliberations if the case goes to them for deliberation on Tuesday. Yes, we will have 5 years to prepare for it! Wow! How awesome is that!

Yes, I would love to meet Spikey but she works near Cypresswood and that is in northwest Harris County . . . not even close to downtown! I have to be near Cypresswood and 249 about every two months because of my husband. Perhaps one day, Spikey and I will arrange to meet one another! That would be cool! Cool
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:15 pm

by Spikey Today at 8:43 am
~~~~~~~
Regarding Coe's demeanor: He is expressionless. He does not move around much.

He has not been shackled. He wears a suit, dress shirt and tie. He changes into these clothes in his holding area before entering the court room and he changes out of the clothes before being taken back to the Harris County Jail. I noticed when the Bailiff opens the door to get Coe for his entry into the Court Room, there are several Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies beyond the door. I guess it is the holding area.

There are two Bailiffs in the Court Room that are Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies.

Coe is brought into the Court Room shortly before the jurors are brought in. The attorneys come and stand to Coe's left with the lady to his right. The Prosecutors stand side by side on their side of the Court Room facing the Defense. The Judge tells the Bailiff to bring the jurors in. Just as the first one comes through the jurors' door, the Bailiff says, "All Rise". Everyone in the spectator area stands. After all jurors are seated, the Judge says all can be seated.

When the jury stands to begin their exit, the Bailiff says, "All Rise" and the jury exits the room. The Judge then says all can be seated after the jurors have exited.

Because of Coe's lengthy criminal history which does include assault (besides sexual assault of a child), I wonder if Coe will be shackled when the verdict is rendered and the Judge reads the verdict. If found guilty, I wonder if Coe will be shackled when the Judge reads the Punishment after the jury deliberates in the Punishment Phase and renders the Punishment. Just some of my thoughts! I guess I will have to wait and see.

A couple of times something funny was said and the Judge and every one in the Court Room laughed including Coe. His sister, Mickey Walker, and Abigail Young's next door neighbor, Christy Frazier, looked at Coe when they were on the witness stand and they and Coe smiled simultaneously.

Every now and then he will write something on a pad and show it to the lady sitting real, real close to him on his right side. It appears she eventually gets it to Coe's attorneys. He does whisper to her on occasion. I think I mentioned in an earlier post Coe is left handed. The lady has a laptop computer.

The Prosecutors have a computer with a monitor.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerMom on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Piper,

You did such a beautiful job on the video for Emma! It is obvious you truly care for Emma as well as other children who are taken too soon by such monsters. Thanks for sharing it with us!
TigerMom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:52 pm

by LCoastMom Yesterday at 11:52 pm
~~~~~~~~
Hi, LCoastMom!

Sorry I did not get a chance to respond to you yesterday. After posting the brief info to you about Reality Chatter in the Banner, I checked here everyday to see if you figured it out and I'd also check the Banner everyday to see if you responded to me there! When I saw your post here, I was very excited that you joined and I thought, "LCoast did see the comment in the Banner." Glad you joined here although you did not see the Banner comment. I've always enjoyed reading your comments on the Banner and KBTX (CBS) - Bryan comment boards.

Regarding Coe's priors, he should have been in prison years ago. Somebody with money kept bailing him out instead of letting him pay the consequences and take responsibility for himself. Attorneys are not cheap!

I guess he became so brazen thinking whomever would just keep bailing him out and he would not have to take responsibility for his actions. It is unfortunate that his criminal activity was not nipped in the bud versus being bailed out of trouble! Apparently his criminal activity just escalated to the point that an innocent, defenseless 4-year-old child is now dead!

He was not suppose to have unsupervised contact with his 4-year-old daughter. Yet testimony has revealed his daughter spent time at Abigail Young's home and she was there with Coe the night Emma Thompson died. Something is very wrong with this picture!

Who allowed Coe to not only have unsupervised visits with his daughter but to have her overnight at Young's home? That person obviously defied the order by CPS and I assume the courts. How pathetic is that! Disgusting! We are talking about a 4 year old child!

Per the media, Coe's daughter was removed from the home and placed in the custody of CPS after an investigation (after Emma Thompson died). It has been reported by the media that she has signs of sexual abuse!

Per testimony, Ben Thompson does not know Coe. He saw him one time in passing possibly at a neighbor's party when he and Young were still living together. The only two that know the truth about when Coe and Young started seeing one another for certain is Coe and Young and neither are testifying.
One article said December, 2008 and another said April, 2009. So . . . . who knows except Coe and Young.

I do agree with you that Coe and Young are getting away with murder. I do understand why Coe is being tried on the Super Aggravated Sexual Assault charge. If he is convicted, he is looking at Life without Parole. On the murder charge, he could have been found not guilty and walked or got a light sentence and parole. Keep in mind, Emma was cleaned up. The red blanket tested positive for Coe's semen. That would not be enough to convict him of murder.

Regarding this comment I snipped from your 11:52 a.m. comment yesterday:

"Horsetrackwidow1 wrote:
But why do the DA's assigned to this case look and sound so bad?? At some point, there were excellent DAs who could do more than shout, "You are guilty." (which has no evidentiary weight) at a jury. And the DAs didn't look like they were going clubbing after trial."

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I have never worked for the DAs office, and I have never practiced criminal law at all. I am appalled by this case because of the disgusting injuries and the mother's apparent complicity in her daughter's horrific death. And after watching portions of the opening statements, all that I can wonder is where are the DAs who knew what they were doing???? I am a civil attorney who is perplexed by why this case appears as though it may not go the way that a mother of children would hope that it would go. As a female attorney, I am embarrassed.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/7201204.html
~~~~~~~~~
First of all, it is unfortunate that the media showed only a snippet of the Opening Statement by Tina Ansari.

Tina did an exceptional job of delivering the Opening Statement. It was riveting! It is too bad the person that wrote the above comment did not hear what was said prior to the guilty, guilty, guilty that the media chose to snip.

I and several other observers who have been observing Coe's trial are highly impressed with Colleen Barnett and Tina Ansari, Prosecutors (Harris County District Attorney's Office) for the State of Texas. Colleen and Tina are very intelligent, brilliant and know the law and knows it well!

When the Defense is cross-examining a witness or when they questioned a doctor who is a Defense witness on Friday (had to be done because the doctor was not going to be available next week), Tina was on top of it. Objected and cited the reason why when it was necessary to object.

I think Colleen and Tina are doing an exceptional, awesome job of presenting the case of Emma Thompson in the State of Texas vs Lucas Ruric Coe! They are highly organized, very knowledgeable about the case and the law and are very well prepared.

I have served on a jury a few years ago in a criminal case in State District Court in my county. Also, two other trials in Harris County. Have been summoned for Jury Duty numerous times while a resident of Harris County and was on a Jury Panel.

I have observed trials in Harris and Washington County, Tx. on several occasions.

Considering all of the aforementioned, I, as others, who are observing Coe's trial are highly impressed with the way the case is being presented and the intelligence of both Prosecutors.

As far as the statement by Horsetrackwidow1, she is entitled to her opinion. However, I find it strange that a civil attorney, as she claims to be, would make such a critical statement of the Prosecutors when she saw maybe a 3 second snippet of a video regarding the Opening Statement. Also, the comment about the Prosecutors looking like they are going clubbing after trial. I don't even understand that comment. They have worn suits everyday and are dressed appropriately for court. Is she jealous of their looks? Sounds like it to me.

Also, I find it strange that reference is made to the mother. The article is about Coe. This trial is about Lucas Ruric Coe being charged with Severe Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child less than 6. Why is she mentioning the mother and not Coe? There is no comment about Coe and his Defense attorneys. I think someone close to Coe wrote that comment and pretended to be a civil attorney! Anything to take the focus off of Coe!

This is cyber world or ghost world and I wonder if she is even a civil attorney. To be an attorney, she has to have a secondary education plus law school. That comment seems to be written by someone without that level of education. Overall, I can not imagine any attorney making such a comment on a few seconds snippet of an Opening Statement.

The bottom line and my personal opinion: The Prosecutors are doing an exceptional, awesome job. They are very well prepared and know Emma Thompson's case like the back of their hand! That is more than I can say for the Defense!

In regard to Laura, who is now 12, testifying again: At Abigail Young's trial she testified for the Defense - her mother! Her testimony is important in establishing the time frame for when Emma was brutally sexually assaulted and beaten.

The trial is not over and all witnesses have not testified yet, but I believe, based on the testimony I have heard thru Friday, 9-17-10, that the assault occured when Laura and Julia were swimming in the pool and Abigail Young was gone from the home on a shopping trip. Coe was left alone with the three girls. When Laura came in to use the bathroom and was going to check on Emma (did not go swimming because she was sick), the door to the Master Bedroom was closed. When she turned the handle it was locked. She testified the bedroom door was rarely closed and never locked. She did not see Coe in the surrounding area. She went back out to the swimming pool. She was 11 years old at the time.

All of the above is just my opinion!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Spikey on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Thank you Ann for sharing your daily journey at and around the Court House. Sounds like you have met some very interesting people. Yes downtown is way too far from where I am at to make it during a break. I have been downtown once only but eventually I will find my way around. Right now my GPS is my best friend! I love that gadget. No telling where I would have landed up without it. crystal ball

I understand also why he is being charged with the Sexual Assault charge instead of the murder, but it makes me angry that they have to play games like that on such a horrible crime to get a stiffer penalty. It should be plain and simple what both of them did and they both should be charged with Emma's murder and face the consequences of those charges! (LWOP or the Death Penalty) I wonder if they could have tacked on more charges so the years would add up to life, like child endangerment, child neglect, ect...I know my terminology for the charges isn't correct but it just seems like Abigail Young should have been sentenced to way more than 20 years. It is such a shame that you have to fight certain rules within the law to get justice for such an innocent victim that was brutally murdered and in which she had to endure such heinous acts upon her little helpless body before her death.

As for Coe he should have never been out and walking the streets with all of his priors. Every time you hear about these horrible people they have a list of priors but here they are among the rest of the world. And then you hear "well if they wouldn't have been released this would not have happened to so and so, and it goes on. They don't stop, they do it over and over again till they murder over and over again before they are ever stopped.

I am behind you all the way with an Emma's Law or whatever route we can all take to get some changes or at least some voices heard.

You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow on your next leg of your journey and Emma will receive her Justice.

My boss will be happy to hear, that I just have one stop now to get caught up on the daily trial updates. Thanks again Ann.
Spikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:56 pm

Lucas Coe Trial - Testimony Update for 9-17-20
Autopsy of Emma Thompson

On 9-17-20, Dr. Patricia Moore testified for the Prosecution. She was with Southeast Forensics Center in Conroe, Tx in June, 2009. She no longer works there because the office closed.

As requested, she stated her education. She is a Forensics Pathologist also.

On June 29, 2009, Dr. Moore performed an autopsy on Emma Thompson. All autopsy pictures were take by Dr. Moore. The first picture introduced into evidence was of Emma laying on the autopsy table, eyes closed and stomach extended. Many bruises. Dr. Moore was asked questions about that picture. She did say there were many bruises all over Emma's body.

Numerous autopsy pictures were introduced into evidence. Questions were asked and Dr. Moore answered them. Out of respect for Emma, I will not detail the pictures or the gruesome details. I'll just keep it on " the surface". The pictures are gruesome and horrific is all I can say. Some are very graphic.

The time line of 24 hours was established from Friday, 6-26-09 at 9 p.m. to Saturday, 6-27-09 at 9 p.m. which is the approximate time EMS (911) was called.

Pictures of the genital area and vaginal area were discussed by Dr. Moore in response to the questions asked by the Prosecution. Lower abdomen and pelvis: several bruises; thigh area: 10 or 12 bruises. Per Dr. Moore, those type of bruises are not normal for a child. All bruises occurred at same time frame.

The graphic photo of the vaginal area was shown. Horrific!
Per Dr. Moore, the injury to that area would cause lots of bleeding because that area is vascular. Child would have extreme pain, walk with legs out and hurt when urinating.

Records indicate that Emma was walking fine early Saturday afternoon.

If no one saw bruises on Emma before the 24 hour time frame, then the bruises are consistent with occurring the afternoon of June 27, 2009.

Per a neighbor, no bruises were noticed on Emma late Friday evening. Blood on the back of her panties was noticed though.

Records indicated Emma was walking fine early Saturday afternoon.

Dr. Moore took out the vaginal area to examine it under a microscope. It was a significant tear. Very large tear for a child to have. Dr. Moore saw blood cells. Evidence of older injuries in the vaginal area. Looking where the new cells are can tell where the old and new injury was. The injury is consistent with sexual assault. When asked if those injuries were caused by a male sexual organ, Dr. Moore said she can not say what the object was.

Dr. Moore has never dealt with a child dying from a straddle injury. Straddle injury is usually anterior or lateral.

Dr. Moore said she is well informed about the facts of Emma's case. Records regarding this case were provided to her by A. J. Kelly, Lead Investigator/Detective, Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Emma had Herpes Simplex II (Genital Herpes) of the mouth, hand, vaginal area and butt.

Pictures of Emma in various positions on the examining table were shown. Each picture was discussed.

There were 24 to 25 bruises on the abdomen and 14 to 15 on the chest. All occurred about the same time and were consistent with occurring on afternoon of 6-27-09.

The head injury like Emma's would cause a large amount of bleeding. Bleeding could be stopped by putting pressure on it, bathing, shower, or wet towel.

Indication of blood under the skin on the back and back of thighs and legs. This starts 2 to 4 hours after death or at the beginning of death.

There were 2 abrasions on Emma's back. Bruises on legs would not be unusual for a 4 year old child.

The Prosecutor showed a picture of Emma's lips. She asked Dr. Moore if a chunk of Emma's upper lip was missing. Dr. Moore said no it was a significant busted lip that separated.

There were significant injuries in the mouth. Lower lip has superficial cuts inside the lower lip.

All of the above were consistent with occurring Saturday afternoon.

Bruises on right side of the face going up to the hairline. Chin: several bruises. Consistent with occurring Saturday afternoon.

Hands: the fingers were bruised.

There was a significant amount of blood in the abdomen. Some of the internal injuries were old - could have occurred up to one month prior to Emma's death.

A child would have been in significant pain with injuries Emma sustained.

The above is only a hi-lite of Dr. Moore's testimony. Graphic details are not included.

When the Defense questioned Dr. Moore, it was obvious to me they were trying to discredit Dr. Moore.

For example, they asked Dr. Moore if she ever owned her own clinic. The Prosecutor objected and stated why. The Judge would not allow that line of questioning. Dr. Moore's line of work is not consistent with owning a clinic.

Dr. Moore did state some of the bruises could have occurred during the time EMS "worked" on Emma. For example, possibly in the chest area. The Defense asked if it was possible that Emma sustained the bruising of the abdomen and thighs while being treated by EMS. The Dr. said no. Maybe the chest but not the abdomen or inner thighs!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by WantToKnow on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:06 pm

It's just too horrible for words, Ann. Bless you for sitting thru the trial each day in support of Emma, and for having to hear all the details.

You know, sometimes I wonder if perhaps the media SHOULD report every single gory detail in these cases ... then, perhaps more people would become enraged and something could be done to prevent these cases from occurring!

WantToKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Spikey Today at 6:58 pm
~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, Spikey!

Excellent comment! Yes, I agree with you. Coe and Young should get LWOP or the Death Penalty. Personally, I think of Emma and I think Coe and Young deserve the Death Penalty!

The reason Young got only 20 years is because she was found guilty of the lesser charge. Had she been found guilty of the first degree felony, she would have been eligible for Life without Parole. I think 20 years with eligibility for parole in 5 years is a slap on the hand for Young!

The jury did sentence her to the maximum allowed for the lesser charge. She could have gotten as little as 2 years and parole.

The Prosecutors were disappointed that the Jury did not convict Young of the first degree felony, per the media and in a video interview with Colleen Barnett, one of the Prosecutors.

Yes, Spikey, you can come here for your updates. This is like one stop shopping, especially if you are following other cases that may be featured on Reality Chatter!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top