Zahra Baker -- Found Deceased 11/10/10 -- Elisa Baker Pleads Guilty To Second-Degree Murder

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zahra Baker -- Found Deceased 11/10/10 -- Elisa Baker Pleads Guilty To Second-Degree Murder

Post by KariBear on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Jules, I don't watch her either. She's become one of those things that makes me go..eeww.

Friends may sometimes slip from site but never leave the heart.

I'm Baacckk!
KariBear

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Zahra Baker -- Found Deceased 11/10/10 -- Elisa Baker Pleads Guilty To Second-Degree Murder

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:46 pm

I don't normally watch her either, but had HLN on in the kitchen when I was cooking dinner listening to JVM. Then of course NG comes on when I'm chopping onions for fried potatoes. Then she bit a caller's head off for suggesting that Zahra had died in the bed from being sick. I thought the caller was going to start crying trying to explain her question...so I switched channels and finished cooking.
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:52 pm

Source: Remains to be confirmed as Zahra Baker

by NewsChannel 36 Staff
WCNC.com
Posted on November 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM

HICKORY, N.C. – A source close to the investigation tells NewsChannel 36 Hickory Police will hold a 4 p.m. news briefing on Friday in which investigators will announce that remains found are in fact that of Zahra Baker. NewsChannel 36 and WCNC.com will carry the event live on television and online.

Hickory police confirmed that they will hold a press conference, but did not say anything specific about the reason or topic of the conference.

Read more: http://www.wcnc.com/news/Source-Remains-are-that-of-Zahra-Baker-107480738.html
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:53 pm

MMMM, fried taters n onions! Piper you are a girl after my own heart! I can smell them!

As for Zahra being sick, I keep hearing that but haven't seen a link or anything to confirm. Are they saying she had a relapse? I mean, of course she was sick! She had cancer! What am I missing?

I'm Baacckk!
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Are all those points on that map places where they found remains?

I'm Baacckk!
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:04 pm

KariBear wrote:MMMM, fried taters n onions! Piper you are a girl after my own heart! I can smell them!

As for Zahra being sick, I keep hearing that but haven't seen a link or anything to confirm. Are they saying she had a relapse? I mean, of course she was sick! She had cancer! What am I missing?

I made breakfast for dinner last night, to include biscuits and gravy. Something different!

Elisa Baker had stated Zahra had been sick in one of her jailhouse letters or statements. That they had found her dead in her bed. Truth or lie, who knows.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:10 pm

I do hope a definite cause of death can be determined, I don't know at this point. This is just so tragic. Sad
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Oh you had to add biscuits N Gravy!

I'm going with lie. Well sorta. I DO believe that "they" found her in bed. AB coming home and asking for Zahara and EB saying last I saw her she was in her room... I think she beat the F$%^ outta that Angel.

I'm Baacckk!
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:26 pm

KariBear wrote:Are all those points on that map places where they found remains?
All the blue points are places they searched. They found a prosthetic leg and a bone near Christie Road and it looks like they found something at Dudley Shoals. I don't think they found remains at any other site.

View The Search For Zahra Baker in a larger map

Last edited by Justice4all on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 pm

I think Elisa Baker sprinkles a little truth in her lies, too. I don't believe Zahra was sick and they just didn't take her to the doctor, no way.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:29 pm

She may have been injured and sick, but not from an illness. JMO.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks J4, but whats with the red n blue pegs? Do they differenciate (sp) something?

Right on Piper!

I'm Baacckk!
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:08 pm

If you click on the red and blue pegs, it gives you a short description of each area. The red is Bistro 127, In Your Home Furnishings, and Hudson Elementary School. The blue is The Baker House, Wood Pile Search Site - Hartland Road, Pond Drained - Hartland Road, Foothills Environmental Landfill - Lenoir, Dudley Shoals Search Site, Christie Road Search Site, and Indian Grave Road Search Site.

It's easier to view the map in full size.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=108431947731587412095.0004943ea75dc772b14e1&source=embed&t=h&ll=35.867908,-81.47049&spn=0.389505,0.583649&z=10
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:11 pm

LOL! J, the light bulb just went off!

I'm Baacckk!
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Wasn't there a link to the live press conference or am I seeing things?
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by KariBear on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

Piper, by the time I clicked on it, it was over!

I'm Baacckk!
KariBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:23 pm

I deleted it the link because by the time I got it to play and finished the commercial, I only caught the last 30 seconds of the press conference and then it was over. They said they couldn't say much and were sorry that Zahra wasn't found alive. I'm guessing they confirmed that Zahra's remains were found at Dudley Shoals.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Well, we knew that was most likely what they were going to say. They confirmed the bone, now this. Monsters, what ugly monsters. I hope once it's determined how long Zahra has been deceased there'll be an arrest warrant for the both of them for murder. I listened to Adam's 911 call again today, pathetic.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Remains confirmed as Zahra Baker's

by NewsChannel 36 Staff
WCNC.com
Posted on November 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Updated today at 4:21 PM

HICKORY, N.C. – In a late afternoon press conference, Hickory Police confirm a bone found last week on Christie Road in Caldwell County is that of Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins says DNA from the bone matched DNA taken from the Baker home during the investigation.

Chief Adkins says remains found off of Dudley Shoals Road have been taken to the state medical examiner's to confirm a DNA match to Zahra, but did say the findings were consistant with that of a child.

Read more: http://www.wcnc.com/news/Source-Remains-are-that-of-Zahra-Baker-107480738.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:17 pm

That child was probably hit so hard on the head that it caused swelling of the brain and she died from that, jmo. It wasn't that she was sick and they were afraid to take her to the doctor for fear of DSS. And Adam was very much involved in this whole thing because he stood by and let this wicked stepmother beat on her; he had to have helped in the disposal of Zahra including dismembering her and burying her. But, I do wonder who else could have helped Elisa after the fact if it wasn't him.
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Press Conference

WCNC Report

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:02 am

Crying or Very sad
Estee

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 am

Mystery Deepens In Disabled NC Girl's Killing

Bone Discovered 5 Miles From Other Remains

MITCH WEISS, Associated Press
UPDATED: 5:17 am PST November 13, 2010

HICKORY, N.C. -- Police were confident a freckle-faced disabled 10-year-old girl was killed, but the mystery of how she died deepened when police said a set of remains was uncovered five miles away from where one of her bones was found.

The bone, discovered in some brush alongside Zahra Baker's prosthetic leg, was discovered in an area near where the family lived until mid-September. Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, is currently in jail, charged with trying to throw off investigators with a bogus ransom note. Her father, Adam Baker, has been arrested on charges unrelated to Zahra's disappearance and is free on bail.

Recently, Elisa Baker began cooperating with police and led them to the areas where the remains and the bone were found, though she has not been charged in Zahra's death.

Read more: http://www.kptv.com/news/25781268/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 am

So Elisa did lead them to Zahra.........
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:07 am

Piper, I'm not sure if police confirmed that Eliza led them to Zahra or if the writer inferred it because of Eliza being spotted at the Dudley Shoals area with police on October 25th.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:49 pm

At last, Zahra can be laid to rest

Peter Mitchell
November 14, 2010

ZAHRA BAKER overcame plenty of hardship during her 10 years of life.

The freckle-faced girl with the beaming smile was rejected at birth by her mother, battled bone cancer as a toddler, had a leg amputated aged five, lost her hearing during chemotherapy and, at eight, was uprooted from her home in Queensland and moved to Hickory, a small town in North Carolina, so her father could be with a woman he met on the internet.

The last chapter of Zahra's life turned out to be the worst, something so shocking that US police yesterday were close to tears while detailing what nobody wanted to hear: Zahra's dismembered body, along with her prosthetic leg, was found in bushland around Hickory.

''Investigators, agents, officers and staff who worked on this case are devastated that we were not able to find Zahra alive and bring her home safely,'' Hickory Police Department chief Tom Adkins said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/at-last-zahra-can-be-laid-to-rest-20101113-17ruq.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 pm

The grisly details emerging in this way too sad search for Zahra seems to be something someone would create for its shock value as a horror movie. That such evil actually does exist and took place in our country is a horror story in itself. The step-monster appears consumed with hatred for this child, and I wonder what she used for bait to lure Zahra's father into marriage. For him, the fact that he was “lonely” doesn’t give him an excuse. These two adults should have considered themselves fortunate to share responsibility for such a sweet optimistic young girl. When did Zahra become a “burden” that erupted into constant abuse, beatings and then death.
Zahra would have turned eleven this month, had she been allowed to continue her life as a survivor and a very brave girl who didn’t allow self-pity to dominate her life. Here was an upbeat child who had known suffering, endured severe medical and physical challenges and was still able to smile. She could have been held up as a role model, a poster girl, for other children who needed to believe in hope. Now she is a sad statistic, a grim reminder of parents who fail to provide decent care for their own helpless children. The father is a shameful excuse for a human being, much less a parent. I am heartsick over this story. I think that friends and family will gather and close ranks to not let her memory die, and will seek justice for Zahra. She was a brave, lovely young girl who could have made a difference for other children, but she didn’t get the chance to remain a survivor.
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:34 pm

Very well said, Cali. For this child to overcome bone cancer, partial loss of one of her legs, lung cancer and loss of hearing.....and no mother to comfort and care for her. How is it possible for her to beat all those odds, with a smile on her little freckled face, and then be treated so brutally. Sad

It's my understanding that her mother had found out where Zahra was 3 days before she was reported missing, and that "dad" kept moving to keep her from finding Zahra. I don't know if that's true. I also read that Zahra found her mother on Facebook first. For whatever reason her mother wasn't in her life, and if Zahra was looking for her, I hope when she last closed her eyes that she dreamed her mother was coming for her, and she lay down in peace.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:09 am

Zahra's mum tells of her anguish

AAP November 14, 2010, 5:15 pm

Zahra Baker's Australian birth mother says she has been "crushed" by the mystery surrounding her daughter's death.

Emily Dietrich has gone to Hickory in North Carolina where US police have found bones they've confirmed are her missing 10-year-old daughter Zahra Baker.

North Carolina police have been looking for the young girl - who lost part of a leg to bone cancer five years ago - since her father Adam Baker and stepmother Elisa Baker reported her missing on October 9.

"Still hurt, still crushed," Ms Dietrich told the Seven Network from Hickory, North Carolina, on Sunday.

"It didn't make a difference trying to prepare myself it didn't make a difference to anybody.

"As hard as it was to hear the news they were telling me it was just as hard to watch them cry while they told me and apologised to me. All they wanted was to find her and bring her back alive."

Read more: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/national/8316964/zahras-mum-tells-of-her-anguish/
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Velocity on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Justice4all wrote:

This vid makes me sick to think that her step mother had anything to do with this, and to punish her for walking no more on her prostetic leg? that is just wrong, i forget how this case caught my eye but it saddens me to think someone has the heart or soul to murder there own child or any person weather adult or child can even live with themselves for it.

Velocity

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:51 pm

I found this on youtube today.

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:34 pm

OMG Julie, that is absolutely beautiful.

This is the latest circulating around town now, but remember, it has not been confirmed by the sheriff.

A friend of mine works at the Hickory Air Port, and he got the helicopter ready for the detectives that took the last human parts found to Raleigh to the SBI crime lab. One of the detectives told my friend the remains found on Wednesday was the torso and rib cage. Like I said, not confirmed by the sheriff and since they are still searching, I take it they are still searching for the skull.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks Mama.

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Many Are Remembering Zahra Baker

By WSPA Staff
Published: November 14, 2010

HICKORY, NC -- People are traveling from all over to remember 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

They're dropping off flowers, cards, balloons, and other items at her Hickory, NC home.

She would have been 11-years-old this Tuesday. (Bold mine)

Read more & see video:
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/nov/14/many-are-remembering-zahra-baker-ar-1089752/

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:56 am

Julie ~ That was a beautiful vid you posted. My eyes are still teary. That girl suffered so much, and someone denied her the right to live on. Small consolation that the inhumane person or persons will be punished, but there is no sufficient punishment allowed in our society that will atone for this.

Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

Cali - I agree. From what we know so far, someone did something really horrible to this poor girl.

Rest in Peace Zahra

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Court documents: Zahra Baker's body was dismembered

by NewsChannel 36 Staff
WCNC.com
Posted on November 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C.-- Court documents filed Monday in Catawba County show that Zahra Baker's body was dismembered and spread across different sites.

Elisa Baker's attorney Lisa Dubb's filed paperwork Monday to have Baker's bond reduced.

According to the court documents Elisa Baker told her lawyers and investigators she had knowledge of Zahra's disappearance on October 22nd.

Investigators were able to determine that Baker's information was reliable.

Read more: http://www.wcnc.com/news/Court-documents-detail-grim-discoveries-over-Zahra-Baker-108254489.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Elisa Baker's bond reduction request contains disturbing details

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 6:48 PM EST
Updated: Nov 15, 2010 6:50 PM EST

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Disturbing details have emerged from a bond reduction request filed Monday for Elisa Baker that describes how she helped detectives in the case of Zahra Baker.

Elisa Baker told her attorneys on October 22 that she knew the circumstances concerning the disappearance and death of the 10-year-old girl, according to Baker's attorney, Scott Reilly.

Reilly said that night his team recovered a significant piece of evidence in the case that was later turned over the law enforcement officials.

Within two days, police were told that Zahra was dead and that her body was dismembered and would be recovered at different locations, according to Reilly.

His team suggested to Hickory Police Department that she could show them the exact locations.

Read more: http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13507517

This is another story regarding the bond reduction. There are a few differences in WBTV's story and WCNC. WCNC said Eliza told them of 2 places to search, and WBTV's account said there were 3 places, with the third one being the house on 21st Ave NW in Hickory. I'm sure they got something interesting from the house.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:55 pm

If these two people aren't the definition of pure evil, I don't know what is. She acts like they were hiding easter eggs, it's so disgusting and cruel. Surely to god her bond will not be reduced. If anything, it should be increased or changed to no bond. When is Adam going to be arrested?
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:22 am

What a sad day, today would have been Zahra's 11th birthday. Sad
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 am

Not only should her bond be increased but her charges should be for murder. And, her father needs to be arrested today also.
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Totally agree, Sherry!
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Piper, I always watch the news on WBTV, not WSOC. Just a few minutes ago they announced that Adam Baker watched the vigil with a couple of their reporters, and gave a 90 minute interview. The announcer said they asked him if he had anything to do with his daughter's death or the dismemberment of her body. They will show part of that interview on WBTV tonight at the 11pm news.

Several of her classmates from Granite Falls Elementary School were interviewed. One of the little girls said Zahra was her best friend last year, but lots of the kids made fun of her. She said Zahra said she didn't care what they said about her, she still loved them.

I didn't get to stay for the entire vigil as they were calling for bad storms. I left about 6:35 and got home just before the storm hit here. We are having torrential rains, thunder, lightening and fierce winds. Below is an article which also includes the talk that the police chief gave. As soon as he moved from the microphone, he broke down crying.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13507517

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:47 pm

Adam Baker speaks out about Zahra's death, says he's "not a monster"

Posted: Nov 16, 2010 7:17 PM EST
Updated: Nov 17, 2010 12:39 PM EST
Written by Chris Dyches

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Adam Baker and his mother, Karen, shed more than a few tears Tuesday night, watching a vigil for his 10-year-old daughter on a computer screen, isolated from the public.

Baker told WBTV that he wanted to go to the vigil for his 10-year-old daughter Zahra, but didn't want his presence to be a distraction. Baker said he can't go anywhere without people yelling at him and accusing him of murder.

Read more: http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13515299

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Thanks for the update mama. I wonder if Adam is going to stick to his story of not seeing her since Thursday night.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for the info, I'll delete my post from WSOC. Sometimes I think I just post too much to get info out there. It was the first one I saw about the vigil.

I'm glad you were able to attend the vigil. I appreciate the update, interesting that Adam Baker attended. Even more interesting that he answered questions. It's very sad that the other kids made fun of Zahra. I hope they've all learned a lesson from that as well.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:47 pm

Piper, Adam didn't attend, he watched it on TV with the black reporter from WBTV. I don't know where he is now staying, but he allowed that reporter and a cameraman in his home for a 90 minute interview and they watched it together.

I'm sure he was afraid to attend in person. The last time he was at his home, the ppl that were at the site were very threatening. They said he needed to be in jail, and one of the men said he would like to use a chain saw on him.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:22 am

Poor Zahra...How can one not be moved over the bravery of this little girl, who should have celebrated her 11th birthday today. Zahra didn't want pity, she only wanted to be like every other child. She was determined to make the best it, and somehow she managed to smile during the worst of times. It seems the worst of times occurred with frequency after her father moved Zahra from those she knew and loved, and who loved her in return. I don't know if there were any "best of times" after her father met the stepmother. I believe that Zahra had to suffer in silence, and no one went to the proper authorities upon viewing Zahra's injuries. No one followed through to get Zahra away from that abusive stepmother. Zahra had no one who would fight for her, who was moved enough to take that extra step that could have saved her. Zahra was known to be a fighter but didn't stand a chance against abusive adults. Not even her own father stood up for her. Zahra, we would have loved you and welcomed you into our hearts and our homes.
Now Zahra has lots of company in heaven among all the other children who were abused and are gone too soon. I am sure she is making the best of things by passing out smiles and hugs to all the other little angels.

Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:30 am

Cali said,
Now Zahra has lots of company in heaven among all the other children who were abused and are gone too soon. I am sure she is making the best of things by passing out smiles and hugs to all the other little angels.

You are so right Cali, and she is doing those things with two complete legs and perfect hearing too. its a beautiful thin

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top