Dad of Two Ontario Girls Drowned By Their Mother Says He's Haunted By the Image

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dad of Two Ontario Girls Drowned By Their Mother Says He's Haunted By the Image

Post by eva on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Dad of two Ontario girls drowned by their mother says he's haunted by the image

BARRIE, Ont. - The father of two little girls who were drowned in a bathtub by their mother says he will forever be haunted by that image.
Leo Campione was not in court for the sentencing of his ex-wife on Wednesday, but a Crown attorney read his victim impact statement.

Elaine Campione was found guilty on Monday of two counts of first-degree murder for killing her daughters Serena, 3, and Sophia, 19 months. The 35-year-old woman drowned her daughters in 2006 in the midst of a custody battle with her ex-husband.

Leo Campione and his family were given time to write statements to the court before Elaine Campione was formally sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years.

http://home.mytelus.com/telusen/portal/NewsChannel.aspx?ArticleID=news/capfeed/national/Tc0302.xml&CatID=National
eva

Location : Dropping Julie off at Zenaida's Sawgrass apartment 210. (Leaving Julie on the stairs.)
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Re: Dad of Two Ontario Girls Drowned By Their Mother Says He's Haunted By the Image

Post by Julie on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Sad So sad!

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Re: Dad of Two Ontario Girls Drowned By Their Mother Says He's Haunted By the Image

Post by sitemama on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:29 pm

I don't understand these moms. She would rather the girls be dead than with their father???? If she didn't want them, why not just let him have them!! Oh, I see, she didn't want to pay child support.

Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Sophia, 19 months and Serena, 3

~Snipped~
The sisters were found on Oct. 4, 2006, after Campione calmly called police to say her children were dead, though she likely killed them two days earlier.

When officers arrived they found the little bodies dressed in pyjamas, posed in Campione's bed holding hands.

The odour of decomposition was already in the air.

A photo album and a rosary had been placed with their bodies and little Sophia's hair had been combed. Underneath a tuft of hair that had been brushed across Sophia's forehead were marks that looked like the bath mat.

In that room a videotape was found showing footage from the night of Oct. 2, 2006 of the sisters playing and colouring. The tape was turned off at 8:39 p.m. and then at 9:27 p.m. the video camera is turned back on and Campione is sitting alone on a couch facing the camera.

"Leo, there are you happy?" she says. "Everything's gone ... The idea that you could actually have my children — God believes me and God's taking care of them now."

Oh my god, how horrific! Look at those beautiful little girls and their pretty eyes. I'm surprised the father and family didn't attend the hearings and address her directly with their impact statements. Sad
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:28 pm

Piper wrote:
Sophia, 19 months and Serena, 3

~Snipped~
The sisters were found on Oct. 4, 2006, after Campione calmly called police to say her children were dead, though she likely killed them two days earlier.

When officers arrived they found the little bodies dressed in pyjamas, posed in Campione's bed holding hands.

The odour of decomposition was already in the air.

A photo album and a rosary had been placed with their bodies and little Sophia's hair had been combed. Underneath a tuft of hair that had been brushed across Sophia's forehead were marks that looked like the bath mat.

In that room a videotape was found showing footage from the night of Oct. 2, 2006 of the sisters playing and colouring. The tape was turned off at 8:39 p.m. and then at 9:27 p.m. the video camera is turned back on and Campione is sitting alone on a couch facing the camera.

"Leo, there are you happy?" she says. "Everything's gone ... The idea that you could actually have my children — God believes me and God's taking care of them now."

Oh my god, how horrific! Look at those beautiful little girls and their pretty eyes. I'm surprised the father and family didn't attend the hearings and address her directly with their impact statements. Sad

This whole article snip is horrifying, the way she videotaped them playing, shut it off, came back later and said There, are you happy? Everything's gone.
And the way it describes how she layed them out on the bed.

Sad

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top