Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 am

Aunt of missing kids' dad hopes 'he might open up to me'

Doug Guthrie and Tom Greenwood / The Detroit News

Last Updated: December 08. 2010 1:00AM

The aunt of a jailed father of three missing Morenci boys said she's hoping to gain access to him because "he might open up to me about things others might not get from him."

"In a roundabout way, he might tell me about the kids," said Sandra Arens.

Arens hasn't asked permission to meet with her nephew in a Toledo jail, but a petition is circulating on the Internet that says police should let the registered nurse from Wisconsin talk to John Russell Skelton.

"I've known him since he was a baby. He's confided in me about some of what has been going on, as recently as late October," said the East Troy resident. He talked about his divorce and custody battle, she said.

"I am close enough, yet not immediate family. I think he might open up to me about things others might not get from him."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101208/METRO/12080366/Aunt-of-missing-kids--dad-hopes-‘he-might-open-up-to-me’#ixzz17WgsHYbD
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:28 am

~Snipped~

Arens said she doesn't believe Skelton killed Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5. And she wonders why Morenci's Police Chief Larry Weeks suspects the worst after announcing last week that Skelton "lied" about leaving the children in the safekeeping of a woman he met through the Internet.

"I'm saying maybe he knows where they are and maybe he's protecting them," said Arens.

"It was a nasty, nasty divorce," Arens said. "He would call crying on the phone. One day things were loving and nice and he wanted to make it work. And the next, she was telling him he wouldn't be allowed to see the kids. It was a roller-coaster."

Arens insists John Skelton loves his sons.

"He had his problems in the past," Arens said.

"He was doing well."

In response to his wife's Sept. 13 divorce filing in Lenawee County Circuit Court, Skelton asked a judge to sever Tanya Skelton's parental rights based on his claims that she had violated requirements of the state's sex offender registration act, on which she was placed for a 1998 conviction for having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy.

"If you are a registered sex offender, how can you have a bunch of boys over at your house for a sleep over? How can you be involved in school activities?"

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101208/METRO/12080366/Aunt-of-missing-kids--dad-hopes-‘he-might-open-up-to-me’#ixzz17WhcTdYV
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 am

Thanks for the updates, Piper. Will read them when I get back. Off to the big city for several hours.

It would sure be nice to see a post here, from you, when I get back saying the boys have been found . . . one way or the other.
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Skelton's Parents Say He Is Protecting Boys

Father Of 3 Missing Boys Sends Message Through Parents

UPDATED: 6:58 pm EST December 8, 2010

TOLEDO, Ohio -- The father of three missing Michigan boys said Wednesday that although they have not been found, they are safe.

During an interview with Local 4, John Skelton’s parents, William and Roxanne Skelton, said their son told them during a jail visit that he only had one message to give: that the 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner were OK.

"(John) said to tell you that his boys are safe and sound," Roxanne said.

William said after talking to his son he believes his grandsons are safe with someone. He said he thinks his son did the right thing, but maybe not in the right way.

WATCH: John Skelton's Mother Says She Respects Her Son

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26046548/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:09 pm

John could mean safe and sound with an unknown person, or in his twisted mind, he could mean safe and sound with God.

I know the chances of them being alive aren't good and Sandy Jones is probably out for her 15 minutes of fame like Ann said, but it would be great if there was a miracle in this case. Unfortunately, the Haleigh and Kyron cases also had many false sightings and they still haven't been found. Then again, the sighting of Elizabeth Smart in the library was probably counted as a false sighting after Mitchell claimed the veil was for religious purposes and the officer decided not to push the issue.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:30 pm

We have to have hope, but when LE says "Don't expect a positive outcome", they generally know more than we know. When the Maynard kids, Tina and Stephanie were missing, LE said the same thing and already had the guy in custody. Kind of the same thing here, IMO. I think John Skelton may be feeding his parents a line of bull, for the sake of it being his parents.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:53 pm

Not to get anything headed in the wrong direction but these grandparents seemed to know where these boys are and they aren't a bit worried. The first interview I saw with grandma Roxanne had me wondering if she didn't know where these boys were. Okay, I'll say it-something is hinky here with her. I do believe the boys are safe after listening to this interview. Too bad charges can't be pressed against anyone who knows where these boys are and keeps it to themselves.
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:58 am

I sure hope that's the case, Sherry. Then again, she may have Cindy Anthony syndrome Shocked
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:03 pm

This is Valhall's article she posted today at The Hinky:
~~~~~~
Skelton case: John Skelton’s family goes down the garden path

Posted on December 9, 2010 by Valhall
The Hinky Meter

John Skelton’s parents, William and Roxanne Skelton, visited him in jail and they have a message to pass to everyone: All three boys are alive. According to William Skelton, who apparently has decided to go down the same five-fingered garden path as George Anthony, John says “to tell you that his boys are safe and sound.” William says that after talking to “his boy” he believes John is “doing the right thing” just not in the right way. William and Roxanne Skelton aren’t the only ones swallowing John’s line…his aunt Sandra Arens is as well. She says she thinks the boys are alive and with someone.

Read more:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/12/09/skelton-case-john-skeltons-family-goes-down-the-garden-path/
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:09 pm

Work on Skelton boys’ case continues

By Erik Gable
Daily Telegram - Adrian, MI
Posted Dec 09, 2010 @ 11:35 AM

MORENCI, Mich. — Police and federal agents in Morenci and elsewhere are continuing to evaluate evidence and follow up on tips in the search for three missing brothers, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said Wednesday.

Although downtown Morenci is no longer buzzing with highly visible activity the way it was last week, Weeks said that doesn’t mean the investigation has stopped. Investigators are working their way through the more than 700 tips they have received in the case, he said.

“Everyone here is still working long hours, fully committed to resolving this,” he said.

The Skelton brothers — Andrew, 9; Alexander, 7; and Tanner, 5 — have been missing since Thanksgiving. Their father, John Skelton, has been charged with kidnapping and is being held at the Lucas County Jail.

John Skelton’s parents, who visited him in jail Wednesday, told several TV stations they believe the boys are alive. But investigators have said the information they have collected does not point to a positive outcome.

In addition to Morenci police and FBI agents who continue to work out of the Morenci city offices, agents at the FBI’s Ann Arbor office and the Michigan State Police are playing major roles in the investigation. Weeks said the tips are wide-ranging.

Read more: http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x615395879/Work-on-Skelton-boys-case-continues
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Grandparents: Dad Says Three Missing Michigan Boys Are Safe

By Nicole Hahn
WISE-TV - Ft. Wayne, Indiana on MSNBC
updated 2 hours 55 minutes ago 2010-12-09T17:17:31

Toledo, Ohio (WTVG-Toledo) - The grandparents of the three missing boys from Morenci went to the Lucas County jail to visit their son Wednesday. John Skelton remains locked up and charged with parental kidnapping.

After their meeting with John, William and Roxanne Skelton believe 100% that their grandsons are still alive. However, their son did not reveal where the boys are. Roxanne says, "Those children are safe. And he wouldn't tell me where."

Roxanne and William Skelton, who live in Florida, met with their son at the Lucas County jail Wednesday afternoon for the first time since his arrest. The video conference lasted a half hour. John's dad says when he first saw his son on the screen, he said he looked like he's been through combat and told him, "Son, this is one hell of a way to get Morenci on the map. Then I sat back and listened to him. No, he didn't do that stuff."

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40586512/ns/local_news-fort_wayne_in/
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:45 pm

And to the above-mentioned grandparents, I say:

BS

Perhaps they, along with their POS son, will volunteer for BS detector tests.
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Tanya Skelton's Father Talks to FOX 2

Updated: Friday, 10 Dec 2010, 5:39 PM EST
By ROOP RAJ
WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (WJBK) - The Skelton boys were last seen with their father on Thanksgiving Day. John Skelton is locked up on parental kidnapping charges, but so far there has been no sign of his three young sons. Meanwhile, their grandfather spoke exclusively to FOX 2.

For the first time, Tanya Skelton appeared on camera. She said she was not ready to make any comments just yet and asked that we speak with her father, Don Zuvers.

Talking only to FOX 2's Roop Raj, Zuvers had the following message for his grandchildren.

"Andrew, Alex, Tanner -- grandpa loves you and (misses) you, and we want you back her in Morenci safe (and) sound where you belong," he said.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/tanya-skelton-father-talks-to-fox-2-20101210-wpms
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:08 am

Teacher: I may have seen 3 missing brothers

BY MATT HELMS AND ERIC D. LAWRENCE
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS
POSTED: DEC. 10, 2010

A retired Morenci teacher has told authorities she may have seen the missing Skelton boys the day after Thanksgiving – just after they were reported missing – with a woman who matches a description given in an earlier possible sighting, according to a report.

The teacher said she may have seen Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, at a flea market in Ohio, WDIV-TV (Channel 4) is reporting today, quoting unnamed sources. She reportedly taught a music class to one of the boys and didn’t know until several days later than the children had been reported missing.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20101210/NEWS06/101210018/Teacher-I-may-have-seen-3-missing-brothers

WATCH: Former Morenci School Teacher Says She May Have Seen Boys
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:11 am

Ohio Gov. Signs Paper To Return Skelton To Mich.

Father Of 3 Missing Boys Sends Message Through Parents
UPDATED: 5:29 pm EST December 10, 2010

OLEDO, Ohio -- The father of three missing Michigan brothers who is being held in an Ohio jail on parental kidnapping charges will return to Michigan, Local 4 has learned.
Ohio Governor Ted Strickland has signed extradition papers for 39-year-old John Skelton. Skelton is being held on a $3 million bond in the Lucas County Jail. He has been charged with three counts of parental kidnapping and declined last Wednesday to waive extradition back to Michigan's Lenawee County.

WATCH: Ohio Gov. Says Skelton Will Return To Mich.

His extradition hearing is scheduled for Dec. 14. But the hearing will likely be a formality now that Skelton has been ordered to make the trip back.

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26046548/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 am

Last Updated: December 14. 2010 1:12AM

Extradition hearing set for father of 3 missing boys
Doug Guthrie / The Detroit News - Detroit, MI

An extradition hearing is set for this morning in Toledo's Lucas County Court of Common Pleas for John Russell Skelton, a Morenci resident wanted in Michigan on charges stemming from the Thanksgiving disappearance of his three sons.

Skelton, 39, is charged in a warrant issued in Lenawee County for parental kidnapping/custodial interference for allegedly taking his sons Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5. He and his wife, Tanya, 44, had been involved in a custody dispute since she filed for divorce Sept. 13.

Snipped:
If Cook signs an extradition order today, Weeks will take Skelton to the Lenawee County Jail in Adrian, according to Lenawee County Sheriff Jack Welsh. Court officials said Skelton then would be arraigned by a video link between the jail and the nearby courtroom of District Judge James Sheridan.

Welsh said he is prepared to receive Skelton as a prisoner perhaps before midday. Sheridan conducts daily 1 p.m. arraignments of jailed prisoners.

"We will treat him like any other inmate," Welsh said. "We will evaluate him at booking and consider any information Lucas County cares to send along about him as a prisoner there."

Read more:
http://www.detnews.com/article/20101214/METRO/12140388/1409/metro/Extradition-hearing-set-for-father-of-3-missing-boys

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Posted: Dec. 14, 2010 | Updated: 11:30 a.m. today

Father of 3 missing boys headed back to Michigan

By Elisha Anderson
Free Press staff writer
Free Press - Detroit, MI

The man charged with parental kidnapping in the disappearance of his three boys is on his way back to Michigan.

John Skelton waived his right to fight extradition in a hearing this morning in a Toledo, Ohio, courtroom.

He was in a wheelchair and wearing handcuffs and chains around his waist.

Lucas County Common Pleas Court Judge Gary Cook ordered Skelton to return to Michigan.

Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, and Andrew, 9, disappeared after staying with their father in Morenci on Thanksgiving. Skelton told authorities he turned the boys over to a woman so they wouldn't witness his suicide attempt, but police said the woman does not exist.

A video arraignment on charges of parental kidnapping is scheduled for Skelton at 1 p.m. Wednesday at 2A District Court in Adrian, district court clerk Mark Fetzer said. For security reasons, Skelton will be arraigned from the Lenawee County Jail, he said.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20101214/NEWS06/101214007/Father-of-3-missing-boys-headed-back-to-Michigan
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:14 pm

I don't know why there is so much space in the above comment box!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I fixed it for you Ann.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks, Justice4All!

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Posted: Dec. 14, 2010 | Updated: 3:24 p.m. today

$30M bond set for missing boys' dad

By Elisha Anderson
Free Press staff writer
Free Press - Detroit, MI

A $30 million bond was set today for the Morenci father charged with parental kidnapping in the disappearance of his three boys.

Magistrate Mindy England set bond for John Skelton during a video hearing this afternoon in Lenawee County, 2A District Court Clerk Mark Fetzer said.

Skelton is being held in the Lenawee County Jail.

“We booked him at 11:23,” Lenawee County Sheriff Jack Welsh said.

Skelton waived his right to fight extradition in a hearing this morning in a Toledo, Ohio, courtroom.

A video arraignment is scheduled for Skelton at 1 p.m. Wednesday at 2A District Court in Adrian, Fetzer said.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20101214/NEWS06/101214007/1318/Missing-boys-dad-coming-to-Mich.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:03 am

Good, they are making sure he goes nowhere......
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:50 pm

John Skelton tells judge he turned boys over to 'an organization'

By Dennis Pelham
Posted Dec 16, 2010 @ 12:44 PM
Last update Dec 16, 2010 @ 01:26 PM

ADRIAN, Mich. — John Skelton told a judge this morning that he turned his three sons over to someone from an “organization” at his Morenci home on Thanksgiving Day.

The whereabouts of Skelton’s missing sons, Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, has been the subject of searches and intense investigation efforts since the boys were reported missing by their mother on Nov. 26.

“A person in a van,” was Skelton’s answer when Lenawee County Circuit Judge Margaret M.S. Noe asked who he turned the children over to at his home.

“I know the organization, but I didn’t know the person,” Skelton said.

“What organization?” Noe asked.

“I would rather not say at this time,” Skelton answered.

Read more: http://www.lenconnect.com/breaking/x74195129/Skelton-tells-judge-he-turned-boys-over-to-an-organization

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Father of missing Morenci boys tells judge they're with a 'community'

Blade Staff - Toledo Blade
Toledo, OH
12-16-10

ADRIAN — John Skelton, the father of three missing boys from Morenci, Mich., told a judge in a civil hearing Thursday that his children are with a "community," but would not specify where they are being held.

Mr. Skelton appeared before Judge Margaret Noe in Lenawee County Circuit Court for a hearing regarding his failure to comply with a custody order. Judge Noe ordered Mr. Skelton, 39, held pending compliance with the order.

The hearing was independent of criminal proceedings against Mr. Skelton, who faces parental kidnapping charges. He already is being held on those charges in lieu of $30 million bond in the Lenawee County jail.

Read more:
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101216/NEWS16/101219543
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 am

IMO - Skelton is lying again. He changed it from a "friend" to a "group". He doesn't want to copy Casey, so he tried to make it more difficult to search. Scumbag POS.
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:27 am

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/187257/group/homepage/

Published December 17 2010
Father says missing Michigan boys are 'with an organization'

MORENCI, Mich. - Is there real hope or just another wild goose chase?

In a Thursday morning court appearance John Skelton told a judge his three sons were "with an organization."

According to a press release issued by Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks, Skelton made the remark under oath before Judge Margaret Noe of Lenawee County Court.

Skelton told the judge he gave his children to someone who visited his house on Thanksgiving Day.

"I know the organization but I didn't know the person," he said.

He refused to comment further or identify the organization.

According to Weeks, information developed during the ongoing investigation indicates that between 4:30 a.m. and 6:45 a.m. Nov. 26, the morning after Thanksgiving, Skelton may have been traveling with the boys in his van.

The civil hearing was held to determine whether Skelton failed to comply with a custody order, Weeks said, and is separate from the criminal proceedings against him.

Skelton faces three counts of parental kidnapping. Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton were last seen Thanksgivingday during a visit at their father's Morenci residence, 100 Congress St.

When questioned about their disappearance Nov. 26, Skelton told authorities he had handed the boys over to a woman he met on the Internet, with instructions to take them back to their mother's house.

She has custody of the boys.

John Skelton said he had planned to commit suicide and did not want the children in his home when it happened.

The story was proven to be false.

Skelton declined further comment after his statement to the judge. The children's whereabouts still are unknown.

The judge ordered Skelton held, pending compliance with the civil custody order, Weeks said.

The Morenci Police Department has received more than 900 tips regarding the boys' disappearance "including a number of suspected sightings" the chief said. "Each of these tips is prioritized and thoroughly vetted. As of this time we have been unable to confirm that any of them are the Skelton boys."

The Michigan State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have created a task force with the Morenci Police Department to investigate the disappearance.

Hundreds of area residents searched for the boys immediately after the disappearance to no avail. The searchers combed the Morenci area and also looked in the vicinity of Pioneer.

Weeks himself still holds little hope for a positive outcome.

A $10,000 reward has been posted for the safe return of the three children.

"Citizens can help with our investigation by reporting any sightings of John Skelton's van, or John and the boys between 2:30 p.m. Thanksgiving day and 1:30 p.m. Nov. 26," Weeks said.

Skelton drove a dark blue 2000 Dodge Caravan with Michigan plates and tinted windows. It was missing the gas cap cover.

khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Why didnt he send the boys with their coats??? and the 3 little nooses that were allegedly found at monsters house??

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:50 am

This article has a video of the Custody Hearing on Thursday, 12-16-10. It is 10:56 (10 Minutes 56 Seconds).
~~~~~

Skelton: Missing brothers given to organization worker

Updated: Friday, 17 Dec 2010, 8:17 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 16 Dec 2010, 4:03 PM EST
FoxToledo.com - Toledo, OH

ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) - The father of three missing Michigan brothers said Thursday that he gave his sons to someone from an "organization" who visited his home on Thanksgiving.

John Skelton refused to identify the group.

It was the first time that Skelton had publicly discussed his sons since his arrest Nov. 30 on parental kidnapping charges. The hearing in Lenawee County court was related to custody of the children, not his criminal case.

Read more: http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Skelton--Missing-brothers-given-to-organization-worker
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:55 am

Tanya Skelton holds out hope for sons
Mom has custody of kids not seen since Nov 25

Updated: Friday, 17 Dec 2010, 8:56 PM EST
Published : Friday, 17 Dec 2010, 8:49 PM EST

Kevin Milliken
FOX Toledo News reporter
FoxToledo.com - Toledo, OH

MORENCI, Mich. (WUPW) - Three weeks ago today, a Morenci mom first reported her three boys missing, sparking an emotional turmoil for an entire community.

While police are still hoping for signs or sightings of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, ages 5-9, their mother Tanya Skelton also is keeping the faith.

She still believes her three sons are still alive and safe, somewhere, clinging to that hope a week before Christmas, her faith and family getting her through the ordeal. But a custody hearing Thursday afternoon with her estranged husband put her no closer to the answers she so desperately seeks.

Read more: http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Tanya-Skelton-holds-out-hope
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:04 pm

Missing Mich. Boys Update: Father, John Skelton, Waives Right to Hearing, Will Go Straight to Trial

December 28, 2010 2:08 PM

ADRIAN, Mich. (CBS/AP) John Skelton, the 39-year-old Michigan man allegedly responsible for the disappearance of his three missing sons, has waived his right to a preliminary exam and will go straight to trial on charges of parental kidnapping.

Skelton informed a judge on Monday that he waived his right to a hearing to determine if prosecutors had probable cause to charge him.

Court officials in Lenawee County have confirmed that the hearing, which was slated for Tuesday, has been cancelled.

Read more:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20026693-504083.html
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:34 am

Posted: Jan. 5, 2011

Father of missing Morenci boys waives arraignment

By Gina Damron
Free Press Staff Writer
Free Press - Detroit, MI

The father of three missing Morenci brothers waived his court appearance in Lenawee County Circuit Court on charges stemming from their disappearance.

John Skelton, 39, who is facing parental kidnapping charges, did not appear in court today. He will be back in court Feb. 9 for a pretrial hearing.

Skelton is being held on $30-million bond.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/article/20110105/NEWS06/110105043/1320/Father-of-Morenci-boys-waives-arraignment
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 am

Mother of Three Missing Michigan Boys Holds Hope They're Alive

People.com
By Howard Breuer

Monday January 24, 2011 07:15 PM EST

Nearly two months after three Morenci, Mich., brothers disappeared, the children's mother holds hope they'll be found safe.

"In my heart, I feel that they are still alive, and I just am waiting for the right clue or tip to come in, or for their father to finally decide to tell who he gave the children to," Tanya Skelton, 44, says in an interview with PEOPLE.

The boys' dad, John Skelton, 39, told police several accounts about what he did with 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew the day after Thanksgiving.

Read more:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20460139,00.html

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 am

In the above article, there is a precious picture of Tanner, Andrew and Alexander!

I hope one of these days, there will be a break in this case and the three little boys will be brought home.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 am

"I should be tucking my boys into bed and reading them stories, and not lying awake at night thinking about what happened," she says. "It's so hard that we're coming up on two months and nobody is coming forward. It's hard – and it hurts."
Tanya Skelton
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Piper, thank you for posting the picture of Tanner, Andrew and Alexander! What precious boys!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 pm

No problem, Ann. They are precious!!
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Skelton due back in court Friday

By Staff reports

Posted Jan 25, 2011 @ 04:02 PM

ADRIAN, Mich. — The Morenci man jailed on charges of failing to return his three sons to their mother after a Thanks­giving visit is headed back to court on Friday where a judge will ask again for their return.

John Russell Skelton, 39, is to appear before Lenawee County Circuit Judge Margaret M.S. Noe for a contempt of court hearing for violating her order giving custody of the boys to Tanya Skelton. The hearing was set on Dec. 17 when Skelton was brought to court to answer a custody violation complaint.

Read more: http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x1235859010/Skelton-due-back-in-court-Friday

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Skelton boys' mom talks to People magazine

WTVG - Toledo, OH

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The missing Morenci brothers are in the national spotlight again.

People.com posted the story on its website. Their mother, Tanya Skelton, tells the magazine that she still holds out hope her sons are alive. The story was posted around 7:15 last night.

In the article, Tanya Skelton talks candidly about her missing sons and how she belives they will be found alive.

It's been almost two months since the three brothers---Alexander, Tanner, and Andrew --disappeared the day after Thanksgiving. They were last seen at the home of their father John Skelton.

Read more:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=7918035
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:09 pm

3 Morenci boys' disappearance becomes a murder investigation

3:42 PM, Feb. 1, 2011

By Gina Damron
Free Press Staff Writer
Detroit Free Press - Detroit, MI

The investigation into the disappearance of three missing brothers in Morenci has turned into a murder investigation, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks announced today.

At a news conference, he said that as information poured in about unconfirmed sightings of the boys, false hope grew in the community. Weeks said the boys' father, John Skelton, who is facing kidnapping charges in their disappearance, gave misinformation to investigators.

Read more:
http://www.freep.com/article/20110201/NEWS06/110201061/1054/SPORTS06/3-Morenci-boys-disappearance-becomes-murder-investigation?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:56 pm

I hope they can find the boys' bodies. Sad
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:45 am

Case Of Missing Boys Turns Into Murder Investigation
Chief: 'Growing False Hope Caused Me Great Pain'

WDIV - Detroit, MI

POSTED: Tuesday, February 1, 2011
UPDATED: 6:01 pm EST February 1, 2011

MORENCI, Mich. -- Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks announced Tuesday afternoon the investigation into three missing brothers has turned into a murder investigation.

RAW VIDEO: Morenci Police News Conference 2/1/11

Their father, John Skelton, is charged with parental kidnapping in the disappearance.

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/26697343/detail.html
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 am

Morenci brothers search now murder probe
Reward leading to discovery of boys now $23,000

FOX Toledo - Toledo, OH

Updated: Tuesday, 01 Feb 2011, 10:26 PM EST
Published : Tuesday, 01 Feb 2011, 4:37 PM EST

MORENCI, Mich. (WUPW) - The two-month search for Tanner, Andrew, Alexander Skelton of Morenci, Mich., had turned into a murder homicide, Chief Larry Weeks said in a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Chief Weeks said he made the decision because he felt that people were being given false hope after some things that John Skelton, the sons' 39-year-old father, had said in Lenawee County Circuit Court.

Read more:
http://www.foxtoledo.com/dpp/news/local/Morenci-brothers-search-now-murder-probe
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:54 am

Boys’ family sustained by faith as police make grim decision

By David Panian

Posted Feb 01, 2011 @ 08:41 PM
Last update Feb 01, 2011 @ 08:43 PM

MORENCI, Mich. — Faith is providing Tanya Skelton and her family strength as police say her sons were murdered.

The rest of the community is heartbroken at the turn the case of the missing boys has taken, but want closure for the family and those who have put their blood, sweat and tears into finding Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton.

Family spokeswoman Kathye Herrera said their emotions have run the gamut, from “peaceful despair to knowing the boys are in a better place” since being told of Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks’ decision to change the investigation from a missing persons case to a triple-murder case.

Read more:
http://www.lenconnect.com/news/x172497383/Boys-family-sustained-by-faith-as-police-make-grim-decision

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 pm

EXCLUSIVE: John Skelton, father of missing boys from Morenci, speaks to Action News from jail

Posted: 02/02/2011
Last Updated: 29 minutes ago

WXYZ - Detroit, MI
By: Tom Wait

(WXYZ) - Just over two months ago three young boys went missing from Morenci. Their father, John Skelton, was the last one to see them alive.

Since Tanner, Alexander and Andrew’s disappearance we have heard Skelton utter very few words.

Until now.

Read more:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/john-skelton%2C-father-of-missing-boys-from-morenci%2C-speaks-to-action-news-from-jail
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Last Updated: February 02. 2011 7:47PM

From jail, father of missing boys denies killing them

The Detroit News - Detroit,MI

In a jailhouse interview with a Detroit television station, John R. Skelton has denied killing or even hurting his three sons and repeated his claim that he gave them to someone who could keep them away from their mother.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Joe Weeks declared Tuesday the investigation of the Thanksgiving Day disappearance of Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, is now a murder investigation. Weeks discounted stories Skelton has told about giving the boys to an "organization." He also said alleged sightings of the boys as far away as Ohio were false, and his decision to change the focus of the investigation was based on additional evidence that he declined to discuss.

Read more:
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110202/METRO/102020431/1361/From-jail--father-of-missing-boys-denies-killing-them
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:41 am

I googled Underground Sanctuary and this is what I found:

Understanding and Assessing Child Sexual Maltreatment
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:58 am

Wow, I hope he didn't do something like that.

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:16 am

Sherry, thanks for the link. That is very interesting information.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:06 pm

YW, Piper~

Here is another article on how to disappear into this underground run by Faye Yager:

http://dartcenter.org/content/children-underground-4
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 pm

This is an excellent article by Valhall of The Hinky Meter regarding John Skelton's interview with a TV station:

Skelton case: John Skelton tells his ‘story’ from jail

Posted on February 7, 2011 by Valhall
The Hinky Meter

John Skelton, who still hasn’t told authorities where his 3 sons are, granted an interview from the Lenawee County Jail with WXYZ Channel 7 news out of Detroit, Michigan. The full 20 minute phone interview can be heard here.

What you’ll pick up right away is that John Skelton says a lot of things using the same language and says them with the same delivery as Casey Anthony did in her statements in jail house visits with her parents shortly after being arrested for false statement to law enforcement during the investigation of her missing child, Caylee. John, like Casey, also contradicts himself almost in the same breath.

Read more:
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/02/07/skelton-case-john-skelton-tells-his-story-from-jail/
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top