Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew Skelton -- Missing 11/26/10

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi, Justice!

Thanks for posting the videos to JVM and Nancy Grace!

I pray that these three precious little boys are found soon. John Skelton's story fell apart today. He needs to tell LE where his boys are.

This is just too sad and probably tragic.
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:00 am

Still No Sign of Three Missing Morenci Boys

Updated: Monday, 29 Nov 2010, 10:49 PM EST
By ROOP RAJ
WJBK | myFOXDetroit.com

~Snipped~

Skelton has now told a different tale to the authorities; this time that he dropped his sons on the side of a state route in Ohio.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/no-sign-of-three-missing-morenci-boys-20101129-wpms
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:10 am

~Snipped~

John Skelton's mother, who lives in the Jacksonville, Fla., area, spoke Tuesday during a telephone interview.

"I thank everyone who is searching today," said Roxann Skelton. "They (volunteers) are in my prayers and so are my grandsons."

When asked if she has talked with her son, Roxann Skelton replied, "I cannot answer questions like that."

Read more: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/25931135/detail.html

-----------------------

Well this mothwer is wise enough to leave out her son....

On account that she didnt mention her monster son.. that says she doesnt believe the old or new tale ....

Seeing this unfold reminds me of watching Caseys mug while in handcuffs, and hearing her yell at her family and demand TLs phone number where she never once mentioned Caylee, and watched as America looked for her beautiful little girl....It feels like yesterday...

I pray for the boys to be brought home...and for their mother who must be so broken...i cant imagine

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:38 am

On one interesting side note, I notice how the police are having NO trouble acknowledging that this father has lied. Something they have not done with TH regarding Kyron.

This is not sounding good. I was hoping the father really left them with this couple. It was the chance they were alive. I hate to think what this means. And I never could understand how one could reach the point to harm their children, especially, when the option to return them somewhere safely was right there.

It still makes me question why in the world were his visits NOT supervised? How did such an unstable person have free reign with his children?
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:40 am

Records show custody fight over missing Mich. boys

COREY WILLIAMS
Associated Press Writer
November 30, 2010|6:19 a.m.

MORENCI, Mich. (AP) — When his wife filed for divorce in September, the father of three Michigan boys who are now missing picked two of them up from school early and drove out of state.

On Sept. 13, John Skelton packed his two oldest sons in the family van and drove to nearby Ohio — only to return and then take off with them again to Florida.

It was the start of a nasty custody battle and possible precursor to all three boys' disappearance last week before their dad's suicide attempt.

Read more:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-us-boys-search-michigan,0,7787697.story
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:43 am

~Snipped~
John Skelton filed a motion for custody on Sept. 27, saying his wife was a registered sex offender.

Tanya Skelton, 44, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct in 1998, according to court records. Her misdemeanor plea was part of a plea bargain after she was accused of having sex with a 14-year-old boy who had worked for her and her former husband at rental properties in Morenci. Her divorce attorney, David McFarland, declined to comment.

Herrera said early Monday that Tanya Skelton's conviction was not relevant to the children's disappearance. She did not return a call later Monday after the AP obtained records detailing the complaint.

Sunday night, following a church vigil for the boy's safe return, Herrera had said John Skelton hadn't worked in a while. Tanya Skelton, who described herself in court documents as an at-home mother, attends a local college or community college, Herrera said.

The couple married in 2002 and filed for bankruptcy in 2003. The bankruptcy case was cleared later that year. Tanya Skelton asked for alimony and child support when she filed for divorce.

Both had earlier marriages that ended in divorce.

John Skelton spent time in jail in 2009 for failing to pay child support to his previous wife for their daughter.

Tanya Skelton's former husband filed for divorce shortly after she was charged in the criminal sexual conduct case. They had two daughters.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 am

Maat,

Im thinking that the mom, cudnt bear keeping her kids away from their dad who they prolly loved sooo much...

I doubt the mom cud have ever imagined that he cud be such a monster...

In reading about so many awful situations that can come from a divorce, it wud seem plausible at this point, that no matter how awful he was to her, she may have never imagined in a million years that he cud hurt his own children....

I also doubt that she spent much time on the puter, as after reading his sick words on his myspace ppage, that wud be enough to keeep him away from his kids for good...

Also, in many cases we see LE come right out and say their " poi: has lied and in the Kyron case, they havent said that ... they didnt say that with Misty either..

I believe when LE use cliches like " their strories are inconsistent" .. it is for one ppurpose only... to smear the persons credibility, to give LE the support they need to sit bak and do nothing, while trying to build a circumstantial case agasint the person...

I think this case is pretty clear... monster did the only thing he knew how to hurt Tanya, and that was by snufffing out the lives of her children.. just like KC did ...

How sad... the thought of being in arms length opf that monster, while ppl are out trying to find his children while he is in a netal ward, is just too much for words..

I pray those innocent babies are brought home today...

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 am

John Skelton wasn't working, he spent time in jail just last year for failure to pay child support to his former wife for their daughter. Tanya was seeking alimony and child support for their three boys........I'd guess he didn't want more child support obligations hanging over his head.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:00 am

I used to believe convicted felons, and for that matter anyone convicted were guilty of the charges filed..

After researching many many cases, especially in small towns,. I now feel differently....

I used to have zero doubt that the "convicted felon's" charges must have been warranted, especially if there was a pplea deal and especially if the person suffered a loss (like a divorce or loss of job oor loss oof family support as a result..)

The truth of the matter is that despite any convictions, I can still have lots of reasonable doubt as to whether or not the charges were warranted..

After knowing about so mnay cases, where the " poi" had no choice other than plead guilty, and take a plea whether it was because to fight, or no support...where they stood to lose their freedom for years, I am a believer that there is still room for reasonable doubt even abfter convictions..

I never used to think this way, and it is only in the last couple of years, that I have formed this opinion..

I have lost faith in justice system..

That said, I believe that perps need to be vrought to justice by every inch of the law.. I believe in cap punishment.. what I dont believe in, anymore, are ciircumstantial cases..

I have said this before... I wud rather let a guilty man walk, than take away ann innocent mans freedom, which I am starting to realize is not the general consensus..

As long as the ppl who are sitting on jurys, dont have that opinion, I think circumstantial cases, shud be banned from our court system..clearly, they arent trustworthy, and seemingly moreso in smaller counties, as opposed to larger cities.. not thhat they cant happen in both, but the smaller places seem to more guilty of this imo..

I am personally tired, of seeing ppl, being legally stoned to death, by shoddy investigations, and biased reporting..

I am starting to wonder if electing officials, is working???

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 am

I think it's sad when two adults can't go through a divorce without killing the other and the innocent children. He was using these little boys as pawns, and I'm afraid they've paid the ultimate price for his retribution against their mother. It's a horrible tragedy that didn't have to be. I hope he will tell the truth about where these little guys are and what he's done to them.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:03 am

awaiting justice, I've only recently come to your conclusion about the reasonable doubt after conviction. This mother's sex crime conviction is one of those times. It is extremely hard for someone accused of sexual assault of a minor to do anything but plea since juries and judges rarely find such an accused person innocent. With this mother I wonder if this boy got mad at her and accused her of deviant behavior with him. She wouldn't be the first case I've heard of.
Sherry

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:39 am

I don't know any of the circumstances about her conviction in that crime, so I don't have an opinion on that. I do think her husband has held this over her head though, he used it in the custody filing.

Last edited by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:41 am

Search for 3 missing boys likely to end in nightmare, Morenci police chief says

Posted: 10:49 a.m. Nov. 30, 2010
By Gina Damron
Free Press Staff Writer

The search for three missing Morenci boys has turned ominous.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said at a news conference this morning that based on information provided to law enforcement officials by their father, John Skelton, police "do not anticipate a positive outcome here."

He wouldn't comment on specifically what information is leading police to that conclusion, simply saying it was statements made by Skelton.

Read more:
http://www.freep.com/article/20101130/NEWS06/101130024/Search-for-3-missing-boys-likely-to-end-in-nightmare-Morenci-police-chief-says#ixzz16miBT5xB

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 am

Sad

How can a parent be so selfish and cruel! Three more perfectly innocent little children.........
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Police Chief says new info on missing boys suggests there will not be a positive outcome

Posted: 11/27/2010
Last Updated: 1 hour and 28 minutes ago
By: Tom Wait

MORENCI, Mich. (WXYZ) - Police are now saying they have developed new information in the search for three missing boys that has led them to believe there will not be a "positive outcome" in the case.

The revelation came from Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks during a morning news conference. During the news update he told members of the media, "There's been information that's developed since last we spoke that, based on the information that we have, we do not anticipate a positive outcome."

Speaking about the investigation, Weeks spoke about the boy's father, saying "We've continued to talk to all parties involved with this investigation, including Mr. Skelton. Statements he's made to investigators would indicate that it's not gonna be a positive outcome."

Read more:
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/state/amber-alert-issued-for-three-btothers-from-morenci%2C-michigan.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Sherry wrote:awaiting justice, I've only recently come to your conclusion about the reasonable doubt after conviction. This mother's sex crime conviction is one of those times. It is extremely hard for someone accused of sexual assault of a minor to do anything but plea since juries and judges rarely find such an accused person innocent. With this mother I wonder if this boy got mad at her and accused her of deviant behavior with him. She wouldn't be the first case I've heard of.

---------------------------------

Sherry... we certainly think alike on this matter.. I recently researched a case in Coquille Ore where LE, (the same ppl who were the ones who put together the cold case of Leah Freeman) ...busted a high school track coach allegedly, TWO DAYS after a minor (who turned of legal age), called LE and told him that he had some kind of ilegal contact with the coach (it was never said specifically) and thet hwe went on to tell LE that this coach was allegedly sleeping with 2 other minor boys on the track team.....

Of course they arrested her and charged her... nearly a yr later, and the day before it was going to to court, the charges were dropped...

This adult accuser wrote the Oregon newspaper and told them (paraphrasing) that he was pretty well being coerced and harrassed and he said he was never going to testify... It was also said in the same article that LE said the other 2 minors (who must have been the ones that buddy told LE about ) NEVER COOPERATED.....

That pretty well told me that they denied it....

So here LE go and arrest this woman, days later where her life was ruined... oh, LE did find out that she cheated on her spouse twice (with adults..not children) ...

Allegedly she had the support of her spouse and family behind her, and was prepared to fight it .. (and some money too) ...

Luckily, it turned out she never had too take the chance of serving time annd being a registered sex offeender (where he children had even been removed from her) ....

It was horrible to see that such a shoddy investigation took place without a thorough investigation.. If this was true, it wud have been easy to catch her..

Yet, they went and charged her and ruined her life, all at the word f an apparewtnloy disgruntled minor turned adult... the only thing she admitted too was taking special care of this now adult from his younger yrs where she wud help him out as he had no family.. she wud drive him to his g/f and give him money becasue she cared for him.. and it was noted that he had emotional issues..

ISNT that sick??????

So now every time I hear about a convicted felon... this above case is only one of SEVERAL where the sitch is very similar .. different players and diff reasons.. all boiling down to the same crap.... BAD LE work and judgment ...

Isnt it a shame that LE wud mess up, and be so knee jerk, in such serious allegations???? This type of subpar work is why no one can trust anyone, and why our registry is so filled with crap, that it is impossible to take a glance and predict who the responsible monster is in many cases...

So, I dont feel safe anymore not having an opinion.. It seems we are forced too... seems we have to pick and choose, because of this rampant problem.. jmo!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Per WXYZ, Detroit, Michigan, a Press Conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. EST today.

Posted: 11/27/2010

Snipped:
MORENCI, Mich. (WXYZ) - A press conference has been scheduled for 3:00 p.m. at the Morenci Fire Department to announce recent developments in the case of three missing boys.

Read more:
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/state/amber-alert-issued-for-three-btothers-from-morenci%2C-michigan.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:57 pm

How horrible... they said it isnt a positive outcome..

seems predictable ... monster prolly told them where they were to spare his own sick life...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Here is the Link to the Live Stream from WXYZ for the Press Conference.

http://www.wxyz.com/subindex/news/news_livestream1
~~~~~~

CNN-HLN is also going to cover it (so they say).
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Per the Press Conference, John Skelton has been arrested. I think the charge, at this time, is parental kidnapping - three counts. John was released from the mental hospital (mental care facility?) and immediately arrested and taken into custody.

He has not been arraigned yet. Per the Police Chief, he will have to be extradited.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Per CNN-HLN, Nancy Grace will be covering the Skelton missing children story tonight at 8 and 10 EST (7 and 9 CST).
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Per CNN-HLN, Jane Velez-Mitchell will be covering this story at 6 p.m. CST.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:05 pm

awaiting justice wrote:How horrible... they said it isnt a positive outcome..

seems predictable ... monster prolly told them where they were to spare his own sick life...
Unfortunately Michigan doesn't have the death penalty, so authorities can't use that as leverage to get Skelton to talk.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Source: Police say father admitted to killing sons

Updated: 11.30.2010 at 2:05 PM

MORENCI, MICH. -- As authorities and volunteers continue to search for three missing brothers from Morenci, Michigan, investigators say they have low expectations.

The search is on for any sign of 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander, and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton; however, during a morning press conference on Tuesday, authorities said they do not "anticipate a positive outcome" in the case after days of searching and based on information from the boys' father.

According to sources, Morenci Police say John Skelton has admitted to FBI profilers that he killed his sons. No further details were released regarding the admission.

Read more: http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=547819
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 pm

Justice,

I am so sorry to hear that Michigan does not have the death penalty. If ever there was a case that deserves the death penalty, this is it.

Since Michigan does not have the death penalty, I guess the next best punishment would be life without parole if John is found guilty of the murder of his three sons. Then he could have the rest of his disgusting life to think about his three precious boys.

I won't buy into a temporary insanity plea either. From what has been disclosed, it appears John Skelton does not have a long history of being treated for mental illness or of ever being treated for mental illness.

In fact, it seems like he may have planned this for a while.

It seems like it could have been a revenge thing against Tanya.

I saw an article yesterday that stated Tanya served a year in prison for the sexual assault charges regarding the 14 year old child. Maybe John did not want her to be around her own little boys. Who knows what makes a person like John tick!

It won't surprise me if his defense will be temporary insanity. I don't know anything about Michigan law and don't even know if that is a viable plea.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Maat on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:47 pm

In the state mental hospital, if you are found incompetent to stand trial, or not guilty by reason of insanity, you are locked up in the forensic unit, and there you stay until the judges determine you are no longer a menace to society.

There are people who have been locked up in a mental facility for years. One person has been locked up 5+ years, so far, for threatening to beat up someone. Not physically doing it, but threatening to do it. The judge refuses to release the person because he doesn't want this person back in his town. The mental patient aggravates him and gets on his nerves.

While this is an abuse of the judge's power in my mind, it does relieve me a little when I think of people who are going for that defense to something serious. They may never see a free day again.
Maat

Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:I saw an article yesterday that stated Tanya served a year in prison for the sexual assault charges regarding the 14 year old child. Maybe John did not want her to be around her own little boys. Who knows what makes a person like John tick!
One of the hosts on CNN last night was hopeful that John really did give somebody the children because of this and made up the Joann story as a cover, but I think it's a long shot. I read somewhere that he knew about the charges before he married Tanya and had children with her. If he legitimately had a problem with her past or her being around his children, I don't think he would've married her or had children with her in the first place. It seems to me that he only has a problem with her past charges when he can hold them over her head and try to use them as a weapon to get what he wants.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:06 pm

"According to sources, Morenci Police say John Skelton has admitted to FBI profilers that he killed his sons. No further details were released regarding the admission."

I'd say it's a recovery, not a rescue, at this point. Selfishness and spite, how any father could do this to his three little boys is beyond comprehension. So, so tragic........
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:02 pm

JVM 11/30/10

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Piper wrote:"According to sources, Morenci Police say John Skelton has admitted to FBI profilers that he killed his sons. No further details were released regarding the admission."

I'd say it's a recovery, not a rescue, at this point. Selfishness and spite, how any father could do this to his three little boys is beyond comprehension. So, so tragic........

Sad Sad Sad

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:09 am

John Skelton's mother and sister live in Florida. I noticed the Jacksonville TV stations are covering this story.

This is an article from Jax47. There are several videos you can click on.

The one in the article includes an interview with John Skelton's lady friend in Florida who said John came to Florida in September to attend a class reunion. John's sister is interviewed also.

It is titled:
Video: Boys' Father Charged With Kidnapping
~~~~~~~

Missing Boys' Dad Accused Of Kidnapping

Michigan Investigators In Case Of Missing Brothers Are Not Hopeful

POSTED: Tuesday, November 30, 2010
UPDATED: 6:21 pm EST November 30, 2010

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The father of three young Michigan brothers who have been missing since Thanksgiving was charged Tuesday with their kidnapping, hours after police said it's unlikely the boys will be found alive.

John Skelton, 39, was arrested by FBI agents after his release from a medical facility in Lucas County, Ohio, where he had been being treated since attempting to hang himself on Friday.

The boys, 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew Skelton, were last seen Friday.

Skelton, a graduate of Fletcher High School graduate, moved to Michigan years ago to start his family. His mother and sister, who still live in Jacksonville, remain hopeful the children will be found safe.

"They are fun-loving, entergetic, God-worshiping little boys," said their aunt, Lucinda Ford. "They love the church, their family and they need to come home. We are just holding together and keeping each other strong."

Read More:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/25959780/detail.html
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:18 am

3 Missing Boys' Father to be Charged with Kidnapping, Morenci Police Chief Says

11-30-10

MORENCI, Mich. -- John Skelton, the father of three missing boys, is going be charged with three counts of parental kidnapping in connection with their disappearance, police said today.

Skelton was released today from the Fulton County (Ohio) Health Center and taken into custody by FBI agents out of Toledo, said Morenci, Mich., police chief Larry Weeks.

The charges are from Lenawee County, so Skelton will be have to be extradited from the Lucas County Jail in Toledo where he will be held.

Williams County, Ohio, central dispatch, which covers the Holiday City area just off the Ohio Turnpike, said that reports on Facebook.com that the bodies of the children had been found there were false. Authorities are investigating that posting, the dispatch reported.

Read more: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=179194&catid=3
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:32 am

I went to bed wondering and worrying about what these little boys went through, along with a broken heart for Zahra Baker as well. There's nothing that can be done to stop this, people are just evil. I'm at a loss for words anymore. No punishment is enough to take back their pain and suffering. I hope they are found today. Ann, thanks for all the updates.

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:03 am

John Skelton held on $3M bond in disappearance of his 3 sons

Posted: 9:55 a.m. Dec. 1, 2010

An Ohio judge has ordered John Skelton held on $3-million bond pending a formal extradition hearing set for Dec. 14 on parental kidnapping charges in connection with the disappearance of his three sons from Morenci in southern Michigan.

Lucas County Common Pleas Court Judge Gary Cook set the bond at $1 million on each of the three charges after court-appointed lawyer Merle Dech Jr. declined to waive his client’s rights.

Assistant Lucas County Prosecutor Jeff Lingo asked for the bond as Morenci police officers and Lenawee County Sheriff’s Deputies waited in the Toledo courtroom this morning.

Skelton was brought to court shackled and in a wheelchair with his left ankle propped up, an injury his sister said he sustained when he fell from a banister in the basement of his Morenci home Friday during a suicide attempt.

Read more:
http://www.freep.com/article/20101201/NEWS06/101201017/John-Skelton-held-on-3M-bond-in-disappearance-of-his-3-sons#ixzz16sOj7o31
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:04 am

I suppose he's been given pain meds as well. barf
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Court appointed Lawyer ~ Another unemployed murderer who is going to have all his legal fees paid by the taxpayers, in addition to all his lodging, food, clothing and medical. Assuming he will be in a solitary cell for security reasons. He doesn't deserve any humane treatment, in fact, he doesn't deserve to breathe. He is a sick bastard, playing games with LE because only he knows where he disposed of those three little boys. Evil!
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Very informative video and article from WXYZ, Detroit, MI!

In the video, the reporter states there were small nooses of rope found in John Skelton's home.

John Skelton may have not even attempted suicide because there are no rope burn marks around his neck.

Formal extradition hearing is scheduled for 12-14-10.
~~~~~~~~~

Father of missing boys wants extradition hearing; held on $3 million bond
First court appearance was Wednesday morning

Posted: 11/30/2010
Last Updated: 1 hour and 9 minutes ago

MORENCI, Mich. (WXYZ) - At his Wednesday morning press conference Morenci's chief of police told reporters there are no major new leads and that John Skelton, the father of the missing boys, has not spoken with officers in several days.

Chief of Police Larry Weeks also said he will be ordering an end to volunteer searches on Friday and that his bleak outlook on the fate of the brothers has not changed.

Meanwhile, the father of the three missing little boys from Morenci tried to hide his face for most of his first court appearance on Wednesday morning.

John Skelton appeared hunched over in a wheelchair, flanked by several guards as he was charged with three counts of kidnapping. Through his court-appointed attorney Skelton would not waive his right to an extradition hearing. The judge set his bond at three million dollars - a million dollars for each count of kidnapping.

Skelton barely spoke during the hearing, at times just mumbling answers to the judge and his lawyer.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/latest-on-three-missing-morenci-boys
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 pm

~Snipped~
Action News has learned that police are now doubting that Skelton attempted to commit suicide. Sources say this is because there were no rope burn marks around his neck. However, those sources are also saying that nooses and straps were found inside Skelton's home. Authorities will not officially confirm this information.

His ankle was probably broken or injured because one or all of the boys tried to run from him. Or, he injured himself at the location where he dumped his children, could have slid trying to get up or down a ravine. I didn't believe the ankle injury was from his fake suicide attempt.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:34 pm

This is just sickening... How horrible... What a horrible thought... Did he actually trick his boys into having the noose around their neck????

Did he intentionally fall down the stairs????

What kind of monster is he... ? If he did snap and commit such a heinous act, why doesnt he tell ppl where his beautiful boys are??? How can he keep sticking the knife in and twisting it????

If he really did intend on dying, after he did such a horrible thing, then that wud mean he felt his life was OVER... If he truly felt his life was over, and had no intentions of living, then why does it matter anymore?? Why is he still thinking of only himself??? How can he know that so many ppl are just crippled beyond repair, even his own mother, and continue this?>?????

He is a monster and I doubt he ever intended to die... he had this all planned and I truly wonder if his fall where he busted his ankle was a glitch????? where reportedly someone found him and got help...

Maybe he never intended that tooo happpen and was gonna take off and try and start a new life where he didnt have to worry about maintenance and alimony...

He is a monster ... and now with 2 different states being involved it is going to cause red tape, and all kinds of hurdles to get this guy tried ....

If he did kill the kids in Ohio, there is no DP there either... He shud be beaten like KC shud have been until he sppews the whearabouts of his beautiful innocent children... what a monster .he doesnt deserve any pain meds, not even a wheel chair.. he shud have to be CHASED until he tells the truth..

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:23 pm

AJ, Ohio does have the death penalty.

I hate to think of what John might have done to the boys. The pathetic coward needs to tell authorities where they are.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Everyday I am shocked and horrified to learn of new monsters living among us. This story troubles me so deeply (like so many others). I don't understand it. I can't imagine it. I can't make it right with my brain or my heart. Three little boys gone. Their fate unknown. The possibilites endless. Their caregiver involved. Honestly, it just makes me so sad and so angry.... but mostly, so confused. When did parents turn into this? Jesus and all his angels must be weeping. What is wrong with people? I am at a loss for words.

kh

khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 pm

The injured in court this morning, cast on his foot and ankle. He also appears to be wearing a suicide gown.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Skelton boys' father's postings on Facebook tell of love for his family
Wife's forgiveness sought

By CLAUDIA BOYD-BARRETT
BLADE STAFF WRITER
December 1, 2010

MORENCI, Mich. -- Weeks before John Skelton attempted suicide and his three young sons went missing, the father from Morenci posted an emotional letter to his ex-wife online in which he indicated he loved her and their children and wanted the family to be together again.

The correspondence, which Mr. Skelton posted on his Facebook profile on Oct. 16, includes a brief but similarly emotional reply from his ex-wife, Tanya Skelton, and comments of encouragement from several friends. It appears to have been written about Sept. 30 as the couple struggled through a bitter divorce and custody battle.

Ms. Skelton filed for the divorce on Sept. 13, after her husband took two of their three boys to Florida without her knowledge. A judge later granted her full custody of the children, but Ms. Skelton subsequently agreed to allow her husband visitation rights.

In the Facebook posting, Mr. Skelton asked for his wife's forgiveness and called for a discussion of their past "mistakes" so they could overcome resentment they felt toward each other. He told Ms. Skelton that he loved her and wanted to be "the best husband and father in the world."

He attempted to explain why he took the children to Florida, saying that he believed she would follow them down there.

"Never in a million years did I think we would have divorce papers and be split up. I also never thought you would come down and take my rights from me," he wrote on Facebook. "I want nothing more than to grow old with you and raise our children together to be outstanding citizens we are proud of. We make a good team and a lot of people see it. You make me want to be a better man."

Read more: http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101201/NEWS16/11300393
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi, Justice!

Wow! Thanks for posting the pictures of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner playing in the snow. What precious little boys!

Also, you did an awesome job of enlarging the pic of Skelton in court! The deputies look as though they are thoroughly disgusted with the piece of garbage in the wheel chair!

What can I say!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi, khintx!

I love the picture of the angel you posted up-thread. I saw the smaller version you posted on RC also.

I think the pic is beautiful.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Father admits to killing missing Michigan brothers

December 1st, 2010 1:26 am ET

John Skelton, the father of missing Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton told the Morenci police that he has killed his sons.

Sources told FOX 2's Taryn Asher when police searched Skelton's home they found the boys' winter coats and cut cargo straps and possible nooses.

Read more: http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/father-admist-to-killing-missing-michigan-brothers

Father of 3 boys admits to murdering them............ kh

khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:22 pm

I fell desperate for the boys and the loved ones.... Hearing that the monster has been leading LE to different places that are inaccurate makkes me so angry...

That pic of the boys displaying their innocence and seeing them playing in the snow is just too much .....

I cant even follow this anymore... I will continue to pray for their recovery and for strength for Tanya and their loved ones until they are brought home for their eternal rest ...safe from the cold, the dark and from that monster they called their father...

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:26 pm

I know, AJ. It seems that he can remember killing them (not the details, but the fact that he did) but he cannot recall where he left them........... I just don't know what' wrong with people nowadays. I really don't. kh
khintx

Back to top Go down

Post by Cali on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm

He's playing them. First he concocted the fake suicide story and fake Joann to buy himself some time. Then when he saw that his story was being doubted, he lawyered up. Also, I think that he actually gets off on leading the police around on futile searches. I think this makes him feel "powerful" and manly. I don't know anything about psychology but I bet that this SOB is playing and enjoying this deadly game. I wish he could "escape" so he can be tracked like the animal he is and then wounded so he can suffer some before he dies.
He is a no-good POS. Makes me so sick to look at the pictures of these darling innocent little boys, knowing that he stole their lives from them.
Cali

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top