Anthony Case General Discussion

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anthony Case General Discussion

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm starting this thread for general discussion about the Anthony case and to post the latest news as the trial gets closer. It even gets challenging for me sometimes to decide if something fits into an existing thread or should be used to start a new thread, so if you have a thought, opinion, story or link you want to post about the case, feel free to post it here. One of us will go through periodically and also post some of the news stories in existing threads or start new threads for stories that warrant them to keep things organized for people doing research on the case. I'd also like one of us post new threads for each hearing so people can easily find information about a specific hearing and find links to watch the hearing.

Last edited by Justice4all on Sat May 07, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Re: Anthony Case General Discussion

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Prosecution Files Depositions On Casey Defense Witnesses

Updated: 11:43 am EDT April 19, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The defense team in the Casey Anthony murder trial has suffered another hit to their case.

DEPOS: Webster | Breiling | Maldonado | Smith | White
MORE DOCS: Defense Response To Motion In Limine | Defendant's Notice of Supplemental Discovery
VIDEO REPORT: Prosecution Files Depositions

WFTV reviewed transcripts detailing interviews between prosecutors and five defense witnesses, who are all EquuSearch volunteers.

The defense team said the volunteers searched the area on Suburban Drive where Caylee’s remains were found.

But, according to the depositions, all five said they never searched the area. They said they didn't even get out of the car.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/27595074/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Casey Anthony: New focus on Equusearch in latest testimony

By Adam Longo, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:14 AM

~Snipped~

One volunteer, William Breiling, was in the area where the remains were found.

But here's what he told prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick:

Breiling: "That whole area was submerged underwater. I believe, you know, at that time we had a lot of rain."

Burdick: "All right. So correct me if I'm wrong, but it's your testimony, you didn't go into the tree line because within 10 feet of the tree line it was submerged?"

Breiling: "Yeah. I mean, it was just water in there."

Read more: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/april/234826/Casey-Anthony:-New-focus-on-Equusearch-in-latest-testimony
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:10 pm

Could Caylee's Bathing Suit Cause Chloroform?

Chemist Says Yes, But In Lower Quantities

UPDATED: 8:52 am EDT April 19, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Was there chloroform in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car? It's one of the key evidence issues in the premeditated murder case.

Prosecution experts claim traces of the knock-out drug were present in the trunk, but the defense argued the test could have been thrown off by a wet bathing suit of Caylee's that was left in the vehicle. The defense introduced the new theory to the public during a recent hearing.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27595348/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Defense Wants Someone Else To Tell Casey's Story To Jury

Updated: 5:17 pm EDT April 19, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense is trying to get someone other than Casey to tell the jury why she didn't report her daughter Caylee's disappearance for a month.

BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Defense Plan
READ: Defense Responds About Casey's Story

Casey's attorneys had wanted their mental health experts to take the stand in Casey's trial to explain her actions after Caylee disappeared, but they gave up on that idea last week.

Now, the defense has filed new documents asking the judge to let "someone else" tell Casey's story, but it's not known who. They don't want their experts to do it anymore, because then the state's experts would have gotten free rein in examining her.

But they are trying different tactics to bring in that testimony some way, somehow.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/27602287/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:41 am

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:46 pm

Casey Anthony: Key rulings expected today on scientific evidence

By Jaqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Thursday, April 21, 2011 8:51 AM

ORLANDO --
Judge Belvin Perry may make some big decisions in the case against Casey Anthony on Thursday.

Perry is expected to hand down rulings on several motions regarding numerous pieces of key evidence, including air samples from Casey's car, the presence of chloroform in the trunk and her alleged computer search for "how to make chloroform."

Read more: http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/april/235999/Casey-Anthony:-Key-rulings-expected-today-on-scientific-evidence
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Anthony's Ex Says Her Father Abused Her

Deposition Of Tony Lazzaro Entered Into Court File

UPDATED: 11:56 am EDT April 21, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- In a deposition given two months ago, an ex-boyfriend of Casey Anthony said she told him that she was physically abused by her father.

In a newly released deposition filed in court Wednesday, Tony Lazzaro said Anthony told him that her father, George Anthony, abused her.

"From what I remember, I think it was just hitting. ... I just don't recall it being sexual in nature. ... It could have been," Lazzaro said in the deposition.

Read more: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27621804/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Depositions Released Of Casey's Ex, Best Friend

Updated: 1:06 pm EDT April 21, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Chief Judge Belvin Perry is expected to issue his rulings Thursday about pioneer scientific evidence prosecutors want to use in the case against Casey Anthony. WFTV also obtained transcripts of depositions the defense took of Casey's now ex-boyfriend and her former best friend two months ago.

READ DEPOSITIONS: Anthony Lazzaro | Amy Huizenga
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Released Depos
VIDEO REPORT: Depositions Released In Case

The defense was focusing on Casey's allegations of abuse. Her boyfriend, Anthony "Tony" Lazzaro, told her lawyers that Casey said her father George had physically abused her. He did not remember her saying it was sexual in nature, as Casey later claimed in a letter to her jail pen pal.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/27624835/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Caylee/Casey Anthony Case: Will Judge Rulings Today Be Defense Doomsday?

Posted by Blink
Thursday 21 April 2011 12:54 pm

Chief Judge Belvin Perry promised to rule on 2 outstanding motions by her defense team today.

Rulings on Critical Motions regarding a hair with a “deathband” that could only belong to a deceased individual and either Casey or Caylee Anthony, and the air samples tested by Dr. Arpad Vass and found to contain chloroform levels he has never seen, in his 22 year career.

The air samples themselves are not in contention as the “hardware” and methodology in their extraction are used widely in the scientific community, and the defense team, through a stipulation agreement to withdraw contempt proceedings against him, could not argue about anything else. The defense argument was largely about the interpretation of the data that was yielded from the samples as they relate to a decompositional event in the trunk of Casey’s car.

Read more: http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/04/21/cayleecasey-anthony-case-will-judge-rulings-today-be-defense-doomsday/
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Does anybody think the defense honestly believes they can overcome the 31 days, the 911 call, the lies, and the duct tape and still get a jury to acquit Casey? The consensus seems to be that LKB most likely had the blessing of the defense when she went on 48 Hours and admitted that Casey lied about the nanny. It's obvious to almost anybody that Casey is responsible for Caylee's death, and I think the defense is resigned to the fact that Casey will be convicted. It seems their number one priority has always been making sure that Casey doesn't receive the death penalty, and I think they are going to try to accomplish that by hammering away at the fact that nobody knows how Caylee died in hopes of getting the jury to convict Casey of a lesser charge than first-degree murder.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 pm

I've been lurking around the blogs and have noticed that some folks think that Casey's dysfunctional family is to blame for her not reporting Caylee's demise...Seems that she said something about George abusing her to AL and he recalls that it was physical...also remember she said she was scared of her mother??? Well...I say if she were so scared of George then why did she try to have a "private" meeting with him early on while she was incarcerated....I definately am not buying that and I'm sure if the defense tries to go THERE the jury won't buy it either...
Estee

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Only one decision is in re evidence allowed...According to WESH...the stain is in...No other decisions released today...
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Casey's Friends Testify About Abuse, Car Smell

Defense Depositions Filed In Casey Anthony Case

~Snipped~

When they recovered Anthony's car from a tow lot, Cindy told Huizenga the stench from the car left her "terrified." Before the trunk was open, she feared they would find the body of Casey or Caylee in it.

When they arrived at Lazzaro's home, Cindy demanded to see her granddaughter. Huizenga said Anthony reacted like a teenager who'd been caught.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27628572/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Judge Rules Stain Evidence Allowed In Casey Trial

Updated: 6:40 pm EDT April 21, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge ruled on Thursday that a stain found in Casey Anthony's trunk will be presented at her trial.

JUDGE'S ORDER: Defense's Stain Motion Denied
BILL SHEAFFER: Analysis Of Judge's Ruling
VIDEO REPORT: Stain Evidence Admissible

Judge Belvin Perry's ruling (read it) is a big blow to Casey's defense. It is because, not only do investigators say the trunk stain was made up of fatty acids that indicate human decomposition, one investigator noticed the shape of the stain resembled that of a child in the fetal position.

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/27628726/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:23 am

Justice4all wrote:Does anybody think the defense honestly believes they can overcome the 31 days, the 911 call, the lies, and the duct tape and still get a jury to acquit Casey? The consensus seems to be that LKB most likely had the blessing of the defense when she went on 48 Hours and admitted that Casey lied about the nanny. It's obvious to almost anybody that Casey is responsible for Caylee's death, and I think the defense is resigned to the fact that Casey will be convicted. It seems their number one priority has always been making sure that Casey doesn't receive the death penalty, and I think they are going to try to accomplish that by hammering away at the fact that nobody knows how Caylee died in hopes of getting the jury to convict Casey of a lesser charge than first-degree murder.

Cindy's 911 call and everything that was said within the following 24 hours will seal her fate. Casey thinks Baez is going to set her free, he knows that is not going to happen. I also believe their main priority is to keep her off death row. When he smirks and says "it will all come out at trial", I just cringe. What can he possibly say to refute the 31 days and all the other lies! She's already been proven a liar and a thief. In the 48 hours show, Baez and Baden won't answer the question in regards to their possible plan of blaming George. It was sickening to watch them act as if "maybe George did it, we will see". George Anthony did not murder Caylee Anthony! No jury will ever believe that. It will be proven Casey ran the show in that house. Their original depos told me that. It was "hands off" in regards to Casey, I don't believe for a minute George ever abused her. Far from it....I don't think he was even allowed to tell her no. She was never confronted with her lies long before Caylee was murdered, they seemed to tiptoe around her and accept her fantasy world. Casey was never made to be accountable for any of her actions, same thing her parents have been doing since she was arrested.
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:30 am

I'm glad the trunk stain evidence is allowed. There is also volatile fatty acids consistent with the byproducts of decomposition in that stain!

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Casey Anthony trial: Judge may rule today on chloroform evidence
Prosecutors want to use novel scientific work focusing on odor and air samples originating from the trunk of Anthony's car.

By Anthony Colarossi and Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel

9:55 a.m. EDT, April 25, 2011

The judge in the Casey Anthony case could issue key rulings soon -- possibly today -- on cutting-edge scientific evidence prosecutors want to use against her in next month's murder trial.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry is expected to decide whether scientific evidence about chloroform levels found in Anthony's car trunk and the growth of plant roots in the woods where Caylee's remains were found could potentially be used at her trial.

Read more:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-rulings-20110425,0,1830290.story

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Casey Anthony: How damaging is chloroform evidence?

Monday, April 25, 2011 6:43 AM

~Snipped~
Brad Conway, who used to represent George and Cindy Anthony, said the state's theory is Caylee Anthony overdosed on chloroform. He said testing centering around chloroform carries the most weight.

"Chloroform is a substance that can be found from a lot of different common substances," Conway said. "But in terms of this case, chloroform is critical in this case because they are seeking a first degree murder conviction and they have to have evidence that is was premeditated and intentional. Chloroform is the only link that they have that is solid enough to support their allegation that it was premeditated and intentional."

Chloroform was detected in the trunk of the car driven by Casey. There's also evidence the chemical was researched on a computer at the Anthony house. The defense wants any and all talk and tests tossed out.

If a judge rules it can't be admitted into the trial, Conway said it'll be more difficult for the state to show premeditation and intention. But Conway thinks the state has a long line of circumstantial evidence.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/april/236678/Casey-Anthony:-How-damaging-is-chloroform-evidence
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:47 pm

I know this type of testing has never been used in a court of law. But the level was so high, I think Judge Perry will allow it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.......

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:07 am

George and Cindy have filed a motion to attend the trial. Currently they are not allowed because they are listed as witnesses. Everytime I go to the article it freezes.......

Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 am

Piper wrote:George and Cindy have filed a motion to attend the trial. Currently they are not allowed because they are listed as witnesses. Everytime I go to the article it freezes.......

Oh brother! Sorry G & C. But you're testifying so NO GO! Nice try though. Why am I not suprised? kh

khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:33 am

Too bad, soooo sad....If they had been a bit more wide eyed regarding Casey's lies they wouldn't be in this position...They should have paid more attention and put their foot down while she was in high school...Free reign has just resulted in her losing her freedom....No more cover-ups...just look in the mirror!!!!
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:08 pm

If they were seeking justice for their murdered grandchild, it would be an entirely different story. I knew they would file this, and it ain't gonna fly.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:12 pm

George, Cindy Anthony File Motion To Attend Trial
Will Casey's Parents Attend Trial?

POSTED: 6:48 am EDT April 26, 2011
UPDATED: 8:46 am EDT April 26, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. Casey Anthony's parents have filed a new motion in the case asking Judge Belvin Perry to allow them to observe the trial.

The Anthony's are currently not allowed to observe the trial because they are listed as witnesses.

Meanwhile, Anthony's defense also submitted a new motion to exclude any reference to photos and the social behavior of their client during the 31 days before Caylee Anthony was reported missing.

Defense attorneys said Casey Anthony's social behavior and the resulting photos don't relate to an attempt to evade prosecution and such evidence is inadmissible as to consciousness of guilt.

Read more:
http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27671354/detail.html
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by khintx on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Judge Perry says the heart sticker residue, hair and canine testimony is IN.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-rulings-20110425,0,1830290.story

By Amy Pavuk and Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
3:42 p.m. EDT, April 26, 2011
casey-anthony-trial-rulings-20110425

The judge in the Casey Anthony case issued several key orders Tuesday afternoon about evidence prosecutors want to use against her in next month's first-degree murder trial, mostly ruling in favor of the state.

Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry ruled that evidence of heart-shaped residue spotted on duct-tape that covered 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony's mouth could be admissible at trial, so long as the state lays the proper foundation as is required of all evidence.

That piece of evidence is significant because investigators also found heart-shaped stickers at the home Anthony and Caylee shared with their family.

Perry also denied the defense motion to exclude expert testimony about "post mortem banding" on a single strand of hair found in Anthony's car.

He said that Karen Korsberg Lowe, a hair and fiber examiner at the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Va., testified that "it is generally accepted in the field of forensic hair examination that such root banding is characteristic of a hair that has been on a decomposing body, although it is not known why this banding occurs."

Perry noted that Lowe included the phrase "apparent decomposition" in her report, signifying "that's not the only possible scenario this hair came from a dead body." She also said that of all the hairs examined for this case, only one showed "post-mortem root banding."

"Ms. Lowe's testimony will assist the jury in understanding the testimony about hair found in the trunk of the defendant's car, it is based on a scientific principle that has gained acceptance in the particular field to which it belongs, and Ms. Lowe is a qualified expert," Perry wrote in this order.

The hair evidence will be admitted as long as the prosecution establishes the proper predicate.

"The jury will be entitled to determine the credibility of her opinion, which it may accept or reject," Perry wrote.

Perry also ruled that evidence and testimony about cadaver dogs is also admissible at trial, so long as prosecutors lay the legal foundation....... (see link for full article).

khintx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Is there anything that Bozo wanted omitted being omitted? Sounds to me like JP is letting all the evidence in, and it will be up to the jury to determine what they do or do not believe.

That is great!

Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm

HHJP has more than once pointed out that the defense has not proven their argument. Mason is gonna be busy filing motions now.
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:47 pm

Piper wrote:George and Cindy have filed a motion to attend the trial. Currently they are not allowed because they are listed as witnesses.
George and Cindy may not be allowed in the courtroom, but does anybody really believe that they aren't going to watch the trial anytime they are near a television?

sitemama wrote:Is there anything that Bozo wanted omitted being omitted? Sounds to me like JP is letting all the evidence in, and it will be up to the jury to determine what they do or do not believe.

That is great!
I can't recall anything that the defense has been successful in getting omitted. The video of Casey's reaction to the discovery of Caylee's remains isn't going to be used, but that's only because the state decided on their own not to use it.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:57 pm

Judge Denies Motions To Block Evidence In Casey Case

Updated: 5:37 pm EDT April 26, 2011

~Snipped~

Chief Judge Belvin Perry is the first Florida judge to allow the postmortem hair banding evidence in a criminal case. He cited a New York court's finding that this pioneer evidence is generally accepted in the small, scientific community which focuses on analyzing it.

"This is devastating, because it puts Caylee's dead body in the trunk of Casey's car," WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer told WFTV reporter Kathi Belich (watch full interview).

Read more: http://www.wftv.com/news/27677578/detail.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Good point, J4A. They need to be sequestered. I think that any tainting of their testimony, or changing it up to fit, would be noticed by the State and the jury. The big mouth Cindy had in the beginning, closer to the event, will speak much louder than anything she may say presently to excuse her previous statements.
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Sherry, it would be great if George and Cindy had to suffer the same type of sequestration that the jury will be subjected to and sit in a hotel room with limited TV access. I believe that is the only way you could keep them from following the trial. Unfortunately, I think witness sequestration only goes as far as not allowing them in the courtroom and ordering them not to follow accounts of the trial until after they testify.

Last edited by Justice4all on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eva on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:26 pm

hehehehehehe hehehe It would appear one of Bozo's last clients is none too happy with Bozo........

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-03-28/news/baez28_1_baez-diaz-conviction Has Casey read this? Or Cindy? newspaper
eva

Location : Dropping Julie off at Zenaida's Sawgrass apartment 210. (Leaving Julie on the stairs.)
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Justice4all wrote:Sherry, it would be great if George and Cindy had to suffer the same type of sequestration that the jury will be subjected to and sit in a hotel room with limited TV access. I believe that is the only way you could keep them from following the trial. Unfortunately, I think witness sequestration only goes as far as not allowing them in the courtroom and ordering them not to follow accounts of the trial until after they testify.

That would only be fair, J4A! LOL

HHJP has surely seen how animated the two are in the courtroom so he may just ban them from the courtroom altogether.
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 pm

eva wrote:hehehehehehe hehehe It would appear one of Bozo's last clients is none too happy with Bozo........

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-03-28/news/baez28_1_baez-diaz-conviction Has Casey read this? Or Cindy? newspaper
Thanks for the link eva. I think we will see a similar article after Casey is convicted.

~Snipped from the article eva mentioned~

Diaz says he lost his freedom because of Baez's trial performance, strategy and failure to disclose evidence to prosecutors, a tactical decision that prevented jurors from viewing a defense video.

The video, created by a biomechanical expert, would have shown the jury how the toddler's skull fracture could have been an accident, according to new court filings.

In documents filed this week seeking a new trial and other post-conviction relief, Diaz said, " . . . Mr. Baez wanted to surprise the prosecution, and the surprise blew up in the defense's face."

Baez probably watches too much Perry Mason. If he pulls a stunt like that during Casey's trial, Judge Perry is going to blow up in the defense's face.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:09 pm

eva wrote:hehehehehehe hehehe It would appear one of Bozo's last clients is none too happy with Bozo........

eva, is that you in the avatar? Nice pic! I suppose its someone famous and I have no idea who it is.... lol

It looks like Baez has no idea how to defend his client! Shifting blame onto the mother was just so wrooonggg!Even if Diaz was innocent the jury don't like tactics like that! Blaming mama...no way is that a good strategy! And wanting to pull a surprise on the prosecution...bet he tries that in the Anthony case.

"I'm not going to defend Nilton Diaz," defense lawyer Jose A. Baez promised jurors during opening statements in Diaz's trial. "I'm going to prosecute Samaris Bobe Silva."Defense lawyers Baez and Jonathan Kasen said they intend to attack the state's case by assailing detective Dan Conlee for zeroing in too quickly on Diaz, by criticizing the work of a medical examiner and by accusing the young mother. They pointed an accusing finger Tuesday at the slain toddler's mother, saying she had treated the 2-year-old like "an animal."

In his closing remarks, Diaz's lawyer, Jose Baez, attacked prosecutors, sheriff's Detective Dan Conlee, the state's medical experts and the child's mother, suggesting they all distorted the truth in their pursuit of Diaz, the lone suspect in the toddler's death.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5928000&postcount=146
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Casey is in deep trouble if Jose's main trial strategies are trying to use surprise evidence and telling the jury he is going to prosecute someone else for the crime. I wonder who is going to find himself under the bus once the trial starts. George seems most likely at this point, but it still may be Jesse or Kronk.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Guess that'll be the surprise, J4A!
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm

khintx wrote:Judge Perry says the heart sticker residue, hair and canine testimony is IN.

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 pm

Sherry wrote:
Justice4all wrote:Sherry, it would be great if George and Cindy had to suffer the same type of sequestration that the jury will be subjected to and sit in a hotel room with limited TV access. I believe that is the only way you could keep them from following the trial. Unfortunately, I think witness sequestration only goes as far as not allowing them in the courtroom and ordering them not to follow accounts of the trial until after they testify.

HHJP has surely seen how animated the two are in the courtroom so he may just ban them from the courtroom altogether.

I agree!
They should also keep G&C separated so they can't compare notes.

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Julie wrote:
khintx wrote:Judge Perry says the heart sticker residue, hair and canine testimony is IN.

Happy, are we? Laughing
Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:53 pm

hehehe

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Sherry, are you kidding, or do you really not know who the person in eva's avatar is?????????? Look at Julie's avatar, eva is Julie's loving mommy, or as Cindy would say, Mother of the Year. LOL

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Julie wrote:
Sherry wrote:

I agree!
They should also keep G&C separated so they can't compare notes.

Cool This really needs to be protocol for the trial, G&C Anthony separated.
Piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherry on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:17 pm

sitemama wrote:Sherry, are you kidding, or do you really not know who the person in eva's avatar is?????????? Look at Julie's avatar, eva is Julie's loving mommy, or as Cindy would say, Mother of the Year. LOL

Ewww....I just insulted eva! Shocked So very sorry! Embarassed

On another note~

Casey's Parents File Motion

"Both George and Cindy have said they fully support her, they don't believe in her guilt, and they're going to do whatever they believe is the right thing to do to protect their daughter," WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer said (watch full interview).

Sheaffer says even the appearance of taint could backfire on Casey.

"You really don't want them present in the courtroom so that the prosecutor can raise the issue of their testimony possibly being tainted by what they've heard, thus discrediting what good they may have to say," he explained.

Sheaffer says if either side would have to expose to the jury how their stories might have changed as a result of hearing what others said before their testimony, it would complicate matters, which is why he does not expect Chief Judge Belvin Perry to make an exception in this exceptional case for the Anthonys.

"I doubt he's going to grant it," Sheaffer said.

Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:13 am

Hell will surely freeze over if Casey gets off Scot free...It would be a miracle and I'd be looking for the second coming...I'm sure C&G have had their regrets about their cover up...Hope some sense comes to them soon and that they admit their errors...No way would HHJP permit them in the gallery prior to their testimony...Why would they want to subject themselves to more agony??? Betcha they have already read all the depositions, interviews, newspaper articles and blogs...so what else is new????
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:33 am

When my daughter was murdered by her estranged husband, they did not allow any of the witnesses in the court room until after they testified. I was not a witness, so I could sit in court, but the DA advised my family to sit directly behind George, so he could not see us as he sat at the defense table. It did not mean that we supported him, the DA just did not want him to be able to see us without turning around, and his atty was instructed to not let him turn around.

This was not a high profile trial and there was very little info on TV except during the news, just the highlights of the day's activities. Both of my daughters were kept in the witness room, but only one of them testified. After she testified, they allowed both girls in the court room. The one that did testify did not do so until the 4th day, but we discussed everything that went on in court every evening. But what was testified to, had nothing to do with what Karen had to testify to, so it didn't matter.

While the jury was deliberating, he told his dad if they found him guilty of murder, he was going to make a run for it and they would have to shoot him. His dad told the DA what he had said, so when the jury returned with the verdict, we were told to sit behind the DA's table, and they had about 20 plain clothed detectives sitting behind George, and they were all armed. After the verdict was read, Vol. Manslaughter, he looked over at my family, especially me, and said "I'll get you next."

Telling G & C not to watch anything about the trial until they had testified is liking telling them to stop lying. There is no way they can keep them from watching the TV. However, I'm sure they will be among the first witnesses to testify. I think the 911 tapes will be introduced in the very beginning of the trial, right after opening statements. Then, Yuri will be next, followed by G & C.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top