Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 am

Amanda Hayes Trial - Break

Published on January 30, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53sgseUubMM
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Laura Jean Ackerson timeline prepared by Nan11 (Sept, 2013)

Post by Ann - Tx on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:01 am

Nan11 wrote:I started out to make a timeline but it turned into something much longer than I intended.  With that in mind, I decided to enclose most of it in the spoiler.

So, if you are interested in a long read, click on the spoiler.  Embarassed 

Laura Ackerson - Timeline

Sometime in May, 2011

The custody evaluation came back.  Laura was excited.   She wanted her boys in her life more than just on the weekends and had worked hard to achieve her goal.  Things looked promising.

After many hours of interviews, Dr. Ginger Calloway had prepared a report stating that “they,” (Grant and Amanda), appeared to want to obliterate Laura from their lives.

Spoiler:
June 1 | Wednesday

5:24: pm | Laura texted Grant:
Due to lies in your exparte motion.  It doesn’t change the truth.  I’ll call you when they are ready.

5:49 pm | Laura texted Grant
Cut the shit grant.  I know who you are.  I’m not playing.  I’ll call you when they wake up.

July 5 | Tuesday

In Kinston, NC | Laura wrote in her journal/diary that she had dropped the boys off at Grant and Amanda’s apartment on this date.

July 10, 2001 – Sunday

11:56 pm in Kinston, NC | Laura and Heidi began an exchange of short emails concerning Laura’s upcoming custody battle.

July 12, 2011 - Tuesday

In Kinston, NC | Laura spent half the day with Chevon, even taking Chevon to look at vehicles.  The two discussed their plans for their business, “Fork and Spoon,” and Laura went over the appointments in Wilson that she was going to keep the next day.  Chevon left around 4:00 pm.

10:29 pm in Kinston, NC | Laura and Oksana communicated in an online chat.  Tentative plans had been made to meet in Raleigh the next day, if time permitted.

July 13, 2011 – Wednesday

1:15 am in Kinston, NC | Laura and Heidi again exchange emails.  Among other topics discussed, Laura asked what Heidi thought regarding contacting Grant’s ex-wife to see if she might testify at the upcoming custody hearing.

8:10 am in Kinston, NC | Laura left her apartment in Kinston, NC.

In Wilson, NC | Laura kept the following appointments to see future clients in Wilson, NC:
9:00 am; 10:00 am; 2:00 pm; 3:00 pm

10:51 am in Wilson, NC | Laura called Grant.  The call lasted 4 minutes and 38 seconds.

12:56 pm | Laura texted Grant
I can’t be there until after my last appointment in Wilson.  When do you think they will be up?

1:44:18 pm | Laura texted Grant
This is why there are issues.  Can y . . .

1:44:20 pm | Laura texted Grant
. . . ever you like between 4 and 5.  Thank you for your pending response.

2:58 pm | Laura texted Grant
It is not a big deal to you.  I told you.

4:12 pm | Laura texted Grant
Okay, I’m leaving the Wilson area now.  I’ll call when I get past the traffic.  Where will you be at in an hour or so?

4:13 pm; 4:17 pm; 4:19 pm in Raleigh, NC | Grant exchanged text messages with Lauren who worked for Monkey Joe’s.  Grant had been thinking that he might take the boys there, but changed his mind.

In Raleigh, NC | At some point, Grant had apparently obtained a Samsung cell phone that he kept specifically for Laura’s calls and texts.  He entered her in his address book of his phone as “Laura 2 new number.”

4:19 pm in Wilson, NC | Laura called Oksana and left the following voice mail:

“Hi lady, it’s Laura.  I am [inaudible] into Raleigh.  I’ll be there in about an hour but I’m gonna go visit with my boys.  Don’t know what’s going to happen as far as that’s concerned.  So I’ll just give you a call when I’m done and I just wanted to let you know, too.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to see you before 7:00 but I wanted to find out if you’re gonna be available after that at any point.  Give me a call.  I’ll talk to you later.  Bye.”

4:59 pm in Raleigh, NC | Laura called Grant’s cell phone.  The call bounced off the tower near the Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC.  She was 8 to 10 minutes from Grant and Amanda’s apartment.  The call lasted 1.97 seconds.

In Kinston, NC | Chevon had spoken with Laura numerous times via cell phone on this day, and was expecting Laura to call her around 9:00 pm to 9:30 pm in the evening.  Laura never called.

July 14, 2011 – Thursday

2:40 am in Raleigh, NC | Grant entered a nearby Walmart, Raleigh, NC, and purchased:
1)  A plastic tarp – 9 X 12 feet
2)  Goggles
3)  Firm grip stripping, refinishing, and cleaning gloves
4)  Skill reciprocating saw with 6 inch blades
5)  Other sized blades

In Kinston, NC | Chevon tried to contact Laura, but the call went straight to voice mail.

10:00 am to 10:30 am in Raleigh, NC | Amanda called Sha, her 20 year old daughter from a previous marriage, and asked her to come to the apartment to pick up the boys.  Sha agreed; picked up the boys and took them to Monkey Joe’s.  She did not see Grant when she picked up the boys.

In Kinston, NC | Chevon walked to Laura’s apartment and could see that Laura’s vehicle was not in its parking spot.  Chevon was worried.

4:00 pm in Raleigh, NC | Sha returned the boys to Grant and Amanda’s apartment, and her mother asked if she could borrow Sha’s vacuum, and if Sha would get her and Grant takeout food.

5:30 pm to 6:00 pm in Raleigh, NC | Sha again returned to Grant and Amanda’s apartment, this time with her vacuum cleaner and food from Wendy’s for Grant and Amanda.  She saw Grant at this time.

8:45 pm in Raleigh, NC | Grant and his two boys purchased a power adapter from the Apple Store in the Crabtree Valley Mall, in Raleigh, NC.

July 15, 2011 – Friday

In Raleigh, NC | Grant purchased duffel bags.

12:11 pm in Kinston, NC | Chevon sent Laura an email asking Laura to let her know if she was okay.

Morning or early afternoon in Raleigh, NC | Amanda and Sha talked via cell phones.  Amanda told Sha that Grant, the boys, Lillian, and herself were all moving to Grant’s parent’s house in Kinston on Saturday.  Sha said that this move had been discussed for a week or two, and was deemed necessary as Grant and Amanda’s financial situation was “swirling out of control.”  Amanda also said they needed to get a tow hitch put on their vehicle because they planned on renting a U-Haul trailer to help with their move.

4:29 pm in Wilson, NC | Grant entered the Sheetz Gas Station in Wilson, NC.  He had the boys with him and appeared to wait for Laura.  (This was the scheduled time and place for the custody swap.  Laura would drive from Kinston to Wilson and Grant would drive from Raleigh to Wilson.  This was about an hour’s drive for each of them, every Friday and Sunday evenings—with the ‘swap’ taking place no later than 5:00 pm, at the Sheetz Gas Station.)

He purchased American Spirit Brand Menthol cigarettes for himself and soft drinks for the boys.  He made several phone calls, including one to Laura and one to his mother.

5:47 in Wilson, NC | Grant and the boys left the Sheetz Gas Station.

7:30 pm in Raleigh, NC | Amanda called Sha and said that they were not going to move to Kinston on Saturday after all as Laura hadn’t arrived in Wilson at 5:00 pm to pick up the boys.  Towards the end of the call, Sha heard Grant and the boys returning to Grant and Amanda’s apartment.

July 16, 2011 – Saturday

In Raleigh, NC | Grant bought three bags of ice and multiple coolers.

10:59 am in Raleigh, NC | Grant entered the U-Haul store in Raleigh, NC.  He made a payment via charge card and left the store at 11:24 am.

3:06 pm in Raleigh, NC | Grant was again at the U-Haul store in Raleigh, NC.  He purchased:
1) 20 Cardboard boxes
2) Sofa Covers
3) Mount and Ball
4) Lock

Early Evening in Raleigh, NC | Amanda called Sha to say that she, Grant, the boys, and Lillian were all going to drive to Richmond, Texas to visit Amanda’s sister, Karen.  Amanda said that she had just lost her mother on June 7, 2011; given birth to her daughter on June 9, 2011; and needed her big sister.  (This is approximately a 1220 mile trip and would take approximately 18 hours to arrive.)

July 17, 2011 – Sunday

1:17 pm in Kinston, NC | Chevon sent Laura another email to explain that if she doesn’t hear from Laura by Monday, she will notify law enforcement.

In Montgomery, Alabama | Grant, Amanda, the boys, and Lillian spent the night in Montgomery, Alabama.  They were towing a U-Haul trailer.  Based on Google maps, they would have driven for approximately 8 hours at this point; and had 9 hours driving left before reaching Skinner Lane in Richmond, Texas.

July 18, 2011 – Monday

In Richmond, Texas | Shelton and Dalton, (Amanda’s sister’s sons), both recalled that Amanda and Grant had arrived at 4336 Skinner Lane by 5:30 am or 6:00 am.  Amanda and Grant’s Dodge Durango with the U-Haul attached, was parked in the driveway, close to the house.  The vehicle and the attached trailer would later be moved outback, near the hog pen.

Monday morning in Raleigh, NC | Sha received word that Amanda, Grant, the boys, and barely one month old Lillian, (born on June 9, 2011,) had arrived in Richmond, Texas for their visit with Karen, Amanda’s sister.  It would be the first time Grant met Karen and her family.

In Kinston, NC | Chevon called Patsy, Grant’s mother, and asked Patsy if Laura had picked up the kids for the weekend.  Patsy said Grant had called Friday evening and said that Laura had never shown up in Wilson.  Grant had asked her to check on Laura, but she had forgotten.

10:00 am in Kinston, NC | Chevon went to the Kinston police, and filed a missing person’s report on Laura.

From Kinston, NC | Heidi received a call from a former boss of Laura’s, Mike Rivera, and Chevon, alerting her that Laura was missing.

In Kinston, NC | Chevon went to the manager of the apartment where Laura lived, and together they entered Laura’s apartment.  Chevron retrieved three of Laura’s notebooks which she would give to law enforcement that afternoon.

1:30 pm in Kinston, NC | Detective James Gwartney from the Kinston police department met with Chevon at Chevon’s place of employment.  He had already tried to contact Grant and had left a message for Grant to call him.

While talking to Chevon, Grant returned his phone call.  He ended his interview with Chevon and walked toward the police station as he spoke to Grant.

A few points from the call follow:
1)  Grant stated that he had called Laura around 3:00 pm that afternoon to discuss her picking up the boys for their mid-week visit.
2)  Grant stated that Laura arrived at his residence on Wednesday, July 13, 2011, at 6:40 pm.
2)  Grant stated that when Laura arrived, Amanda kept the boys in another room to give Grant and Laura a chance to discuss signing a custody agreement which would give Laura custody.
4)  Grant stated that she came back with the boys between 9:00 pm and 9:30 pm, and left his apartment around 10:00 pm.  He said the boys--after being with their mother--were sweaty and hungry, and Amanda had to take them to Chick-fil-A.
5)  Grant stated that he didn’t know what kind of car Laura was driving.
6)  As Grant spoke to the detective, Grant said he was simultaneously driving to Kinston, NC.  (He was actually in Richmond, Texas.)

In Kinston, NC | Detective Gwartney was informed by Laura’s bank that there had been no activity on Laura’s account since July 10, 2011.

4:26 pm in Kinston, NC | Detective Gwartney contacted the Raleigh police department to explain that the last known whereabouts of Laura were in Raleigh.

Evening in Richmond, Texas | Grant and Shelton, (Amanda sister’s son), sat on the tailgate of Shelton’s truck and had a few beers.  Grant questioned Shelton about the habits of alligators and hogs; and inquired into going shark fishing.

At some point in Richmond, Texas | Grant had told Dalton, (Amanda sister’s son), that he was worried about bringing the boys across state lines as their mother hadn’t picked them on Friday night, July 15, 2011.

July 19, 2011 – Tuesday

9:37 am in Katy, Texas | Amanda made a cash withdrawal at an ATM near the Home Depot in Katy, Texas.

10:20 am in Katy, Texas | Grant and Amanda went shopping at the Home Depot in Katy, Texas.  They bought:
1)  4 cartons of muriatic acid
2) Neoprene gloves
3) 32 gallon black plastic trash can.

In Kinston, NC | A well-being check was done on Laura’s apartment by law enforcement.  They seized Laura’s computer and a handwritten journal covering the period August 2010 to July 2011.  The last entry in the journal was July 12, 2011.  (Entries for the months of April and May, 2011, appeared to be missing,)

In Kinston, NC | A surveillance video was obtained of Laura leaving her apartment on the morning of July 13, 2011.

In Kinston, NC | Lolita Chapman with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, assisted in going through Laura’s phone records.  (She officially finished her interviews on July 20, 2011, after the case had been handed over to Raleigh police department.)

In Raleigh, NC | Kinston detectives traveled to Raleigh.  Raleigh law enforcement issued a BOLO for Laura.

In Raleigh, NC | Heidi gave law enforcement the emails that Laura had given to her for safe keeping.  She had kept them in a secret account that had been necessary to preserve their accuracy in the very likely event of Grant hacking into Laura’s account.  (She met with law enforcement twice, once in Kinston and once in Raleigh, but was not sure of the exact dates.)

In Raleigh, NC | Chevon spoke with law enforcement in Raleigh.

In Raleigh, NC | Sha went to Grant and Amanda’s apartment in Raleigh, NC, as someone was coming over to look at the chesterfield and chair that Grant had listed on Craig’s List as being for sale.  This man turned out to be a friend of Grant’s and returned with the cash and other friends to help him move the furniture.

In Richmond, Texas | Karen’s oldest daughter, Kandice, stopped by her mother’s home in Richmond, Texas; where Grant and Amanda were visiting.

12:00 midnight in Raleigh, NC | Laura’s car was found around midnight, 400 yards from Grant and Amanda’s apartment in Raleigh, NC—parked in the parking lot of an apartment complex where Grant and Laura had once lived.

12:00 midnight in Richmond, Texas | Across the street from Amanda’s sister’s home, Grant and Laura readied Shelton and Dalton’s boat, preparing to dispose of Laura’s remains in Oyster creek.

July 20, 2011 – Wednesday

9:00 am in Richmond, Texas | Amanda dumped four cardboard boxes containing bottles of muriatic acid.  (She drove 1.6 miles from her sister’s home to the end of Skinner Lane, and used Shelton’s truck to get there.)  Each of the four cardboard boxes contained two, one gallon bottles of muriatic acid.  Three cartons were still sealed.  Only one of the boxes had been opened and it still contained one untouched gallon of muriatic acid—one gallon was missing.  The actual missing bottle and its contents were never recovered, although it is believed it was eventually dumped on the ground near the hog pen.

11:08 am in Katy, Texas | Amanda was at an ATM drive through banking machine at Waterside Marketplace, near the Intersection of Mason Road and Highway 99, in Katy, Texas, where she made another cash withdrawal.  She had the same black tank top on that she wore when she dumped the acid.  She was still driving Shelton’s truck.

In Raleigh, NC | Raleigh police detective Mark Quagliarello located and interviewed Sha.  Her soon to be husband called the home where Grant and Amanda were staying in Texas, and told them Sha had been picked-up by the police.

In Raleigh, NC | A search warrant was issued on Grant and Amanda’s apartment in Raleigh, NC.  The search revealed a three foot long bleached spot by the front door, as they walked in.  A bathroom used by the boys was totally stripped and spotlessly clean.  They also found a handwritten note appearing to contain the handwriting of two separate individuals.

The note read as follows:

Written in one hand:
"I, Laura J. Ackerson, for the sum of $25,000.00, agree not to pursue custody of the two minor children, Grant and Gentle Hayes.  I am not surrendering parental rights, but I do consent to leaving them in the sole custody of their father, for now.  Further, I agree to drop all pending litigation against their father in the Lenoir County Family Court."

Written in a separate hand:
"By notifying counsel, John Sergeant, of our arrangement less the monetary compensation, I understand that I will be able to see my kids whenever I want to, at the discretion of their father."

Originally Dated 6/13/11; then changed to 7/13/11 with the initials LA and a signature Laura Ackerson.

July 21, 2011 - Thursday

In Raleigh, NC | Law enforcement pinged Grant’s cell phone and discovered he was at the residence of Amanda’s sister, Karen, in Richmond, Texas.

In Raleigh, NC | Law enforcement learned that Grant and Amanda rented a U-Haul in Raleigh.

July 22, 2011 - Friday

In Raleigh, NC | A search warrant was issued on the persons of Grant and Amanda.

In Richmond, Texas | Grant washed out the coolers using the outdoor well located at 4336 Skinner Lane, Richmond, Texas.

2:57 pm in Katy, Texas | Grant returns the U-Haul in Katy, Texas

12:00 midnight in Raleigh, NC | Two members of law enforcement are dispatched to Richmond, Texas.  Traveling by vehicle and driving straight through—stopping on for a two hour break--the 1200 mile journey took nearly 24 hours to arrive.

July 23, 2011 - Saturday

12:00 midnight in Richmond, Texas | The North Carolina law enforcement officers arrived in Richmond, Texas.  They grabbed some food and a little sleep.

July 24, 2011– Sunday

Morning In Richmond, Texas | Amanda’s sister, Karen, received a visit from Raleigh law enforcement officers.  Her first interview with law enforcement was at her home and was audio recorded.

Her second interview was at the Sheriff’s department and that interview was both audio recorded and videotaped.

There was a third interview that took place at Karen’s attorney’s office—Mr. Dick Tate; but no date was confirmed for the interview.  That interview had been requested by Karen and her attorney.

During one of the three interviews—possibly the last one-- Karen told the detectives that Laura’s body was on her property.  (See video for Day 4 pt 4, near beginning.)

The detective described Amanda’s sister as somber, worried, and concerned about her sons, Shelton and Dalton.  They said she prayed.

Karen’s older daughter, Kandice, was also interviewed at Karen’s attorney’s office, at least once.

Karen’s sons, Shelton and Dalton, revealed during questioning that Grant and Amanda had taken the boat out.

12:45 pm in Richmond, Texas | Detective Brad Wichard of Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office was called to the scene.

In Richmond, Texas | Using a boat from the Richmond Fire Department, and later divers; law enforcement recovered Laura’s torso, in two parts; and a leg section.

In Richmond, Texas | In addition to other items, the following were seized from the home of Amanda’s sister, by Fort Bend County authorities:

1) A receipt left beside the computer
2) The computer
3) A machete
4) 2 towels
5) 2 coolers
6) A yellow strap
7) Boat

9:00 pm in Richmond, Texas | The detectives left for the evening.  Karen’s property had been declared a crime scene, and was kept secured until morning.  A log was kept of all who were coming and going.  Karen and her sons spent the night elsewhere.

July 25 – Monday

Around 1:00 am in Kinston, NC | Grant and Amanda were arrested in Kinston, NC, at the residence of Grant’s parents.

In Richmond, Texas | Law enforcement continued their processing and searching of the crime scene at 4336 Skinner Lane.

In Richmond, Texas | Sergeant Robert Latour attended Laura’s first autopsy in Galveston, Texas.  (Major body parts would have individual autopsies.)

2:30 to 3:00 in Oyster Creek, Richmond, Texas | A member of the Houston Police Department Dive Team discovered Laura’s head and one thigh bone.

In Richmond, Texas | Sergeant Robert Latour contacted the Pecan Grove apartments, north on Skinner Lane.  Their dumpsters are emptied every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning.

In Raleigh, NC | A search warrant was issued for little Grant’s and Gentle’s DNA, to help identify their mother’s remains.

July 26 - Tuesday

In Galveston, Texas | Sergeant Robert Latour again traveled to the Medical Examiner’s office in Galveston, Texas for the second autopsy on the body parts recovered by the Houston Dive Team.  (They had received Laura’s dental records from her dentist in Kinston.)

In Katy, Texas | Sergeant Robert Latour collected surveillance videos from both the U-Haul in Katy, Texas, and the Home Depot in Katy, Texas.

At 4336 Skinner Lane, Richmond, Texas | Samples were collected around and inside the hog pen of unusually dark soil—later the samples proved to be where muriatic acid was dumped.  Packaging from neoprene gloves was found in the hog pen.  Corroded barbed wire fencing rolled up near the hog pen was discovered, as well as a black plastic garbage pail.

At 4336 Skinner Lane, Richmond, Texas | Search of the waterway continued.

At 4336 Skinner Lane, Richmond, Texas | Law enforcement completed their search; turned the house over to Karen; and helped her erect no trespassing signs.

July 28 – Thursday

In Richmond, Texas | Sergeant Robert Latour conducted a telephone interview with Shelton.

July 29 – Friday

In Katy, Texas | Sergeant Robert Latour returned to Home Depot in Katy to see if employees could pick Grant out of a line-up of photos, and got the plastic rating for the trash can that had held the muriatic acid.  (Law enforcement purchased dry ice to preserve the trash can as evidence.)

In Fort Bend County, Texas | All evidence collected was turned over to Raleigh law enforcement.

July 30 – Saturday

5:45 am Fort Bend County, Texas | Sergeant Robert Latour of Raleigh met with Detective Brad Wichard from Fort Bend County, Texas to collect the U-Haul trailer used by Grant.  They had it transported back to Raleigh by placing it inside a larger U-Haul trailer (along with the other evidence,) and towed that trailer back.

July 31 – Sunday

1:45 am in Raleigh, NC | Law enforcement arrived back in Raleigh.

August 5 - Friday

In Raleigh, NC | Sergeant Robert Latour contacted Laura’s brother and father about having Laura’s remains returned.

August 9 – Tuesday

In Galveston, Texas | Dr. Paul Stimson identified one of Laura’s teeth as having acid etching.

In Raleigh, NC | Sergeant Robert Latour made the arrangements to have Laura’s remains flown back to North Carolina.  He would meet the airplane in Raleigh.

August 11 - Thursday

In Oyster Creek, Richmond, Texas | Another section of one of Laura’s legs was found by the Gulf Coast Water Authority in Oyster Creek, Richmond, Texas.

August 15 – Monday

9:00 am in Kinston, NC | The final hearing for the custody dispute between Laura and Grant was scheduled to occur.

August 16 – Tuesday

1:13 pm in Houston, Texas | Detective Brad Wichard watched as Laura’s final flight departed the gate at Bush Airport in Houston, Texas, en route to Raleigh, NC.  At 1:25 pm, she was airborne.

Laura was traveling in a Ziegler transfer case, also known as a metal coffin.
Bumping!  

Excellent timeline by Nan11 which she posted on Sep 02, 2013. Click on the word "Spoiler" for the timeline.

As usual, Nan11, great job!
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial - Tuesday, 1/28/14 testimony

Post by Ann - Tx on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:59 am

Strange beliefs unveiled in Hayes trial

By  Wes Wolfe / Staff writer
Kinston Free Press - Kinston, NC

Published: Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 14:46 PM.

RALEIGH — A friend of murdered former Kinston resident Laura Jean Ackerson read from a document made from her testimony in a child custody case Tuesday, showing the disturbing relationship she had with her boyfriend, Grant Ruffin Hayes III.

Ackerson friend Heidi Schumacher read from a document related to the Ackerson-Hayes custody battle over their two children in court Tuesday.

Read more:

http://www.kinston.com/news/local/strange-beliefs-unveiled-in-hayes-trial-1.270097?page=0
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Obituary - Laura Jean Ackerson dated 10/18/2011

Post by Ann - Tx on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:29 am

Obituary: Laura Jean Ackerson of Kinston, N.C.

Laura Jean Ackerson of Kinston, N.C., went to meet her Lord in July of 2011.

Posted Oct. 18, 2011 @ 12:01 am
Oct 18, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Ionia Sentinel - Standard
Ionia, MI

KINSTON, N.C.  

She was born in Hastings, Mich., on April 30, 1984 to Rodger Ackerson and Brenda Ackerson.

In 1996, Laura and her mother, Brenda, moved to Iowa. Laura graduated from Lynville-Sully High School. She moved to Kinston, N.C., where she worked as a business woman in Graphic Design, while raising her sons, Grant and Gentel. Her family attended Grace Fellowship Church.

We grieve with hope, for we know that Laura placed her trust in Jesus Christ and received His grace. We rejoice in knowing that she is with her Savior in Heaven.

Laura is survived by her sons, Grant and Gentel; father, Rodger Ackerson; mother, Brenda Brooks; grandmother, Jean La Pierre; siblings, Jason (Val) Ackerson, Erin (Mike) Anderson, Heather (Russ) Fruchey, Jennifer Cross, Ryan Martin, Daniel Martin and many family members and friends.

Memorial contributions can be made to Grace Fellowship Church in Laura’s memory. Memorial Services will be help at Sunfield United Brethren Church, at 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 24, 2011.

Source:

http://www.sentinel-standard.com/article/20111018/NEWS/310189997
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Laura Jean Ackerson -- Deceased 7/13/11 -- Grant and Amanda Hayes Charged With Murder

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:19 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:A bunch of us are in Chat, so please join us if you can.

Go here:  http://realitychatter.forumotions.net/h10-chat

Scroll down to the Chat window, and click Log In in the upper right corner of the Chat window.

Or go here to bring it up in a separate page:  http://realitychatter.forumotions.net/chatbox/index.forum?

Bumping...

Live streaming links:

http://www.wral.com/news/video/13331969/

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/live-stream-amanda-hayes.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=9408820

The abclocal link seems to have the least number of issues (the others tend to freeze, buffer, or time out).
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

tweet from Wes Wolfe (reporter) on 1/30/14

Post by Ann - Tx on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:54 am

tweet from Wes Wolfe (Kinston Free Press reporter) on Thursday, 1/30/14:

Wes Wolfe ‏@WolfeReports  17h  
The defense trying to make a convoluted point regarding burner phones. Doubtful anyone keeping up. #ackerson

Source:  

https://twitter.com/WolfeReports
Twitter - Wes Wolfe
~~~~~~~~~

lol . . . . you might recall Defense Attorney Gaskins questioning about voice mail phone numbers, throw away phones, etc. and even wanted the Detective that was testifying to call a phone number (to see who would answer it) during trial testimony yesterday.  Judge Stephens would not allow it.  Finally, Judge S told him he could call his own witness to testify, this detective said he's never heard of such a thing, etc.

I find Gaskins very annoying.  

Sometimes I think he rambles on with his questioning to confuse the jury then Boz (prosecution) has to "clean up" after Gaskins and get the jury back on track!   lol . . . .

JMO

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 pm

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 4 - Part 1

Published on January 31, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYLQTIodKy4
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Woman recounts helping Grant Hayes pick out saw blades in Raleigh murder trial

Updated at 12:56 PM today

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Walmart assistant manager testified at Amanda Hayes' murder trial Friday about helping Grant Hayes find power saw blades.

Prosecutors say Amanda and Grant killed 27-year-old Laura Ackerson at their Raleigh apartment in July 2011 during a long-running custody dispute over Grant's two oldest children.

Ackerson's body was cut up with a power saw, put in coolers, and then driven in a rented U-Haul to Amanda Hayes' sister's house in Richmond, Texas, where the body parts were dumped in a nearby creek.

During the testimony of Susan Dufur, jurors were shown surveillance video of Grant in the do-it-yourself section of a local Walmart around 2 a.m. July 14, 2011.

Hayes purchased a Skil reciprocating saw, extra blades, a tarp, heavy-duty plastic rolls, trash bags, gloves, and eye protection

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9414591
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:54 am

Amanda Hayes' sister prayed before talking to police

Posted 10:13 a.m. Thursday
Updated 7:04 p.m. yesterday

Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh police investigator testifying Friday in the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes told jurors that Hayes' older sister was nervous when he showed up at the door of her Texas home looking for answers in the disappearance of Hayes' husband's ex-girlfriend, Laura Ackerson.

"Her demeanor was very nervous. She was visibly upset and, at one point, crying," Detective Dexter Gill said of the July 24, 2011, meeting with Karen Berry, who invited him and another detective inside to talk.

But before Gill could start asking about her sister and what she knew about Ackerson's whereabouts, he said, Berry wanted to pray.

She did, and then started answering questions police had.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-sister-prayed-before-talking-to-police/13349295/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:07 am

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 4 - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VlLmmOt8R8

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 4 - Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBVmhO4kEy8

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 4 - Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4mWrfsaU58
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial: Week 2 of testimony

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:29 am

Testimony enters second week in Amanda Hayes trial

Posted 9:09 a.m. today, 2/3/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, N.C. — Testimony enters its second week in the first-degree murder trial of a Raleigh woman accused of killing her husband's ex-girlfriend.

Amanda Smith Hayes, 41, also faces a charge of accessory after the fact to murder in the July 13, 2011, death of Laura Jean Ackerson, 27, of Kinston.

Snipped:
Note by AnnTx:  (You have to be at the WRAL website linked below for the following.)

Follow the feed below for live updates of today's testimony, or to watch live, click on the blue "play" icon on the image at the top of the page. Read more about Friday's testimony below the live feed.
 (Bolded and font size increased by AnnTx)

Read more and view video:

http://www.wral.com/testimony-enters-second-week-in-amanda-hayes-trial/13354534/

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Links to "live" stream of Amanda Hayes trial -- 2/3/14

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 am

"Live" streams of Amanda Hayes trial:

WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- Live stream of Amanda Hayes trial

WTVD - Raleigh, NC  -- Live stream of Amanda Hayes trial

Wild About Trial (WAT)
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial - 2/3/14

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:04 am

Raleigh jury sees graphic evidence at Amanda Hayes murder trial

Updated at 10:56 AM today, 2/3/14

WTVD - Raleigh, NC

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Jurors at the Amanda Hayes murder trial had to sit through pictures of Laura Ackerson's dismembered corpse Monday. The images were shown by prosecutors on a monitor that could not be seen by most of the rest of the courtroom.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9417556

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 am

Trial is in recess for a 15 minute break. Should resume around 11:20 a.m. EST.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:09 am

At this time, Wes Wofe (reporter - Kinston Free Press, Kinston, NC) is not tweeting about the Amanda Hayes trial:

https://twitter.com/WolfeReports
Twitter - Wes Wofe
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial -- 2/3/14 -- Live updates from WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 am

Monday February 3, 2014  -- WRAL - Raleigh, NC

WRALSportsFan:
Kim Oreskovich, a crime scene investigator with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office in Texas, is testifying this morning. It's expected Oreskovich will talk about the discovery of Laura Ackerson's remains. 9:44  

WRAL News:
Oreskovich says she arrived to the home of Karen Berry, Amanda Hayes' sister, on July 24, 2011 around 3:15 p.m. It was hot with 90 to 95 percent humidity.

Oyster Creek, across the street from Berry's home, is about 50 feet wide with trees lining each side. It's filled with water lilies and vegetation.   9:50  

WRAL News:
Oreskovich says alligators are common in the area. There was an investigator with crime scene investigators on the boat in Oyster Creek whose job was to protect everyone from alligators.

"If he saw one approaching us, he was to shoot it."   9:52  

Amanda Lamb (WRAL)@alamb

Fort Bend investigator who helped retrieve Laura Ackerson's remains from Texas Creek on the stand in Amanda Hayes trial. @WRAL

WRAL News:
Oreskovich says they recovered a split torso in some water lilies in Oyster Creek. About 30 yards south, they recovered what appeared to her to be part of a leg.   10:04  

WRAL News:
Jurors are now watching video of the area around Oyster Creek, including a john boat with oars.   10:06

WRAL News:
The purpose of the video is to document the scene the way it was when investigators found it and before they started collecting any evidence.   10:07  

WRAL News:
Oreskovich says investigators seized several items. Among them: a machete, two towels found in a barn, and some coolers. They also took soil samples from a hog pen in the back of Berry's yard, as well as a piece of wire fencing, which they took, because they observed what they thought might be human tissue.  10:26

WRAL News:
Prosecutors introduced a number of pieces of evidence, including swab samples from a 75-quart cooler and boat oars ... also vegetation and a hair strand from a cooler; discolored soil samples from the hog pen, swabbing of a green towel and gray towel found in a shed in Berry's back yard, a hair strand found in a U-Haul trailer.  11:19

Source:

http://www.wral.com/testimony-enters-second-week-in-amanda-hayes-trial/13354534/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC  -- "Live" updates  (see middle of article for box)
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:46 am

Judge Stephens is allowing the jury to view the 12 foot flat bottom aluminum boat that was located across the Berry residence at Oyster Creek, Richmond, TX.

The boat is in the building.  It is too large to bring into the court room per Judge Stephens.

Judge Stephens is instructing the jury about viewing the boat.  He said there will be no testimony.  The jury can not talk, ask questions, etc.  However, they are free to view and examine the boat.

Court is in recess until viewing of the boat is completed.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial -- 2/3/14 -- Live updates from WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:52 am

Monday February 3, 2014  -- WRAL - Raleigh, NC

WRAL News:
Court is back in session. Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office homicide detective Brad Wichard is testifying now.  11:39

WRAL News:
The state has asked that jurors be allowed to leave the courtroom to see a boat seized from Texas that was sitting on the bank of the creek across from the home of Karen Berry.  11:42

Here is a crime scene photo taken Sunday, July 24, 2011, of the boat jurors will see.  11:44  

Amanda Lamb (WRAL)@alamb
Jury now seeing actual boat Investigators say was used to dump Laura Ackerson's remains in a Texas creek. @WRAL

WRAL News:
Jurors are back from seeing the boat.  12:18

WRAL News:
Judge Donald Stephens says they looked at the boat for less than 10 minutes. Detective Wichard is back on the stand.  12:19

Source:

WRAL - Raleigh, NC  -- "Live" updates  (see middle of article for box)

NOTE: For future updates, please see the "live" updates at the above link.

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 pm

This is a screen shot of the boat used by Amanda and Grant to dispose of Laura's remains in the muddy creek, across the street from Amanda's sister's home.

The jury was allowed to go down in the basement of the court house and view the boat for themselves.

Last edited by Nan11 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Court recessed until 2:30 p.m. EST per Judge Stephens.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:30 pm

The following link should take you back to Page 5 of this thread.

The first comment you see at the link, contains the schematic of Amanda's sister, Karen's property, and it's key.

http://realitychatter.forumotions.net/t3433p200-laura-jean-ackerson-deceased-7-13-11-grant-and-amanda-hayes-charged-with-murder#225190
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Nan11 wrote:I did a couple of screen shots from the trial videos, which are not as clear as I hoped.

This one is the schematic for the Skinner Lane property.  

My typed transcription of the "Key:"  (Very Unofficial.)

A – 75 qt Coleman Ice Chest
B – 120 qt Coleman Ice Chest
C – Black Machete [Unintelligible]
D – Green Towel/Tan Towel
E – Hotel Receipt with writing (email address to Kinston PD Inv)
F – Shotgun in case
G – Soil [Unintelligible] **My notes indicate the roll of wire and the black plastic waste container came from this location, as well as the soil samples.
H – Chemical glove carton
I – Debris pile [Unintelligible]
J – Debris pile [Unintelligible]
K – Maroon/Silver Ford F-350 [Unintelligible]
L – Black Ford F-150 [Unintelligible]
M – Red Mazda [Unintelligible]
N – Tie down strips
O – Plastic Garbage Bag
P – Wooden cabinet (2 piece) and surface top
Q – Septic Tank

Thumbnail (fuzzy) of the screen shot containing the key.  (Clicky to enlarge.)

Schematic for the inside of the residence.

Bumping
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Nan11 wrote:This is the location of the remains. From my notes:

(#1 is Shelton's boat, but it is not marked.)

#2 - torso section
#3 - torso section
#4 - leg section
#5 - head
#6 - thigh

#7 - leg section

For the location of #7, look right up at the very top of the picture below.  Just to the right in the waterway, you should see a very faint red dot.  Incredibly, that is where it was found.

I captured this to show how much effort the divers put into finding Laura.  The depth of the water is about eight feet, and the divers had to part the lily reeds one by one to look through them.  They were so thick, high and tight that a boat couldn't pass through.

A little to the right of the center of the picture, you should see something pink.  That is a ribbon that they used to mark the location where one section had been found.

Bumping
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Nan11 wrote:Here is a new map adding the stop in Montgomery, Alabama on the 17th.

This is a very rough timeline, but it looks like they left Raleigh on the 16th and arrived in Richmond on the 18th; stayed the 19th, 20th, 21st; and left Richmond on the 22nd and arrived in Raleigh on the 24th.

They were arrested at 1:00 am on July 25th at Grant's parent's home.

View Larger Map

A = Grant and Amanda’s apartment Raleigh, NC
B = Motel 6 in Montgomery, Alabama where Grant, Amanda, and kids spent the night of July 17, 2011.
C = Amanda’s sister’s residence on Skinner Lane, in Richmond, Texas.
Bumping
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Nan11, as you can see, I bumped three of your comments from Page 5 of this thread.

So nice to have this info.  You did a great job on these.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Last edited by Nan11 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Original comment deleted due to duplication.)
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Witnesses describe search for Ackerson's remains

Posted 9:09 a.m. today - 2/3/14
Updated 7:24 p.m. today - 2/3/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, N.C. — Testifying in the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes, divers and crime scene investigators on Monday described for jurors their three-day search of a murky and alligator-infested Texas creek for Laura Ackerson.

Snipped:

It was 11 days after Ackerson's death that Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office crime scene investigator Kim Oreskovich found a split torso and a leg stuck in thick vegetation in Oyster Creek, just outside Richmond, Texas – about 60 miles from Houston.

The next day, a sheen across the water and the strong smell of a decomposing body led Brian Davis, a diver with the Houston Police Department Dive Team, to find what he initially thought was a leg. He later discovered it to be Ackerson's head, which had been disfigured.

About 15-20 feet away, Davis said, he later recovered a piece of her leg.

Read more & view video:

http://www.wral.com/witnesses-describe-search-for-ackerson-s-remains/13354534/
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- Archives: Amanda Hayes murder trial video

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 pm

If you missed any of the trial testimony, you can watch the videos at the link below.    WRAL has archived.  Currently, there are 2 pages of videos starting with opening statements and current to date testimony.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/13329437/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC  --  Archives:  Amanda Hayes murder trial video
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial: Links to "Live" stream -- 2/4/13

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
"Live" streams of Amanda Hayes trial:

WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- Live stream of Amanda Hayes trial

WTVD - Raleigh, NC  -- Live stream of Amanda Hayes trial

Wild About Trial (WAT)
Bumping!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:52 am

A video of Grant Hayes in the check out line at Home Depot in Katy, TX is being shown now.  A sales clerk from Home Depot is on the stand testifying.

Grant Hayes is now at the check out aisle and doing a lot of pacing back and forth as he waits his turn.  

I bet he was thinking of the task at hand.  My assumption is Grant (and perhaps Amanda) thought the muric acid was going to eat the flesh off of Laura.  But that type of acid would not be used for that "application." JMO
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial - 2/4/14

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:14 am

Snipped from WRAL live update box within linked article:

http://www.wral.com/evidence-of-acid-found-in-ackerson-murder-cover-up/13357710/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC  --   2/4/14

WRAL News:
Court is in recess until 11:15 a.m. Testimony is running ahead of schedule, prosecutors say, and the next witness is on his way from the airport.   10:42
~~~~~~~

Note: You can read "live" updates from WRAL. The box is located within the linked article. See above.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:18 am

Evidence of acid found in Ackerson murder cover-up

Posted 9:14 a.m. today - 2/4/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, N.C. — Testifying in the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes, divers and crime scene investigators on Monday described for jurors their three-day search of a murky and alligator-infested Texas creek to recover some of the dismembered remains of Laura Ackerson.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/evidence-of-acid-found-in-ackerson-murder-cover-up/13357710/

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial - 2/3/14 article (Kingston Free Press - Kinston, NC)

Post by Ann - Tx on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 am

Creek’s aquatic plant growth caught Ackerson remains

Amanda Hayes

By  Wes Wolfe / Staff Writer

Published: Monday, February 3, 2014 at 20:44 PM.

RALEIGH – When a police dive team member located former Kinston resident Laura Jean Ackerson’s head in a Texas creek, it was already bald.

Snipped:

In Grant Hayes’ trial, the prosecution accused him of dousing Ackerson’s head in muriatic acid in the pig pen so as to remove evidence of her identity. Johnny Gaskins, counsel for Amanda Hayes, said they are not disputing Ackerson’s identity in the remains found in the creek.

Read more:

http://www.kinston.com/news/local/creek-s-aquatic-plant-growth-caught-ackerson-remains-1.271976?tc=cr
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 6 - Part 1

Published on February 4, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98zsFQ1HMzI

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 6 - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xa1iv4MO_M

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 6 - Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOCajqWZSCU

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 6 - Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKtuhedzwvo

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Here are a couple of old comments of mine that I thought might be timely to bring forward.

I love this picture of Laura with one of her boys, and I just wanted to bump it.

The second comment is concerning the sectioning and the small 'possible' stab wound in her neck.

In this trial, I don't know if we will hear from the expert who found it, but I thought it was interesting for review purposes.

Nan11 wrote:Here is a picture of Laura and one of her sons that I hadn't seen before.  Look at his little hand, clutching his mother.  It's a beautiful picture, but knowing what happened to Laura makes this seem unbearably sad.

Nan11 wrote:  I wish I could get a clearer screen shot of this, but it is really hard to read even when blown up full screen.  The solid black lines indicate where the saw was used.  You can go to about 34:14 at this video and see it as they showed it in court today.  

Stab wound in the C4 anterior region of Laura's neck

This picture didn't come from the trial.  I thought it might give a better idea of the location of the C4 anterior region.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Amanda with (possibly) brown filp-flops in Chick-fil-A video:  At approximately 36:35

Brown flip-flop found in garbage from apartment:   At approximately 44:49 

Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:35 am

Ales and Nan, thanks for the updates.

Impressive screen shots, Nan. You rock!

And . . . we all know Ales rocks, too!

I have to be out of town today and won't be back until later in the day. I'll have to watch today's testimony via Archives!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 am

Amanda Hayes made Chick-fil-A run after Ackerson's murder

Posted 8:15 a.m. today
Updated 9:41 a.m. today

Raleigh, N.C. — Just hours after Laura Ackerson was last known to be alive on July 13, 2011, Amanda Hayes – on trial for her murder – went to a Raleigh Chick-fil-A with Ackerson's two young sons, a Raleigh police sergeant testified Tuesday.

Sgt. Brian Hall said the 41-year-old, with her 1-month-old daughter also in tow, ordered two kids meals and two adult meals just after 9 p.m., and stayed at the fast-food chain restaurant for about 30 minutes before leaving.

Defense attorneys for Hayes say she had the children out that evening at the urging or her husband, Grant Hayes, because Ackerson, 27, had tripped in their Raleigh apartment and he didn't want her boys – also his sons – to see their mother being treated by EMS workers.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-made-chick-fil-a-run-after-ackerson-s-murder/13359601/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Amanda Hayes sister: 'She told me she had done it'

Posted 8:15 a.m. today
Updated 15 minutes ago

Karen Berry

Karen Berry, testifies Feb. 5, 2014, in the first-degree murder trial of her sister, Amanda Hayes, (Chad Flowers/WRAL)

Raleigh, N.C. — Testifying Wednesday in the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes, her older sister said Hayes confessed to her during a three-day trip to her Texas home nearly three years ago that her husband's ex-girlfriend was dead and that she had done it.

That conversation happened on the morning of Tuesday, July 19, 2011, six days after Wake County prosecutors say 27-year-old Laura Jean Ackerson was killed in Hayes' Raleigh apartment during a mid-week visit with her two children, of whom Grant Hayes had custody.

Wake County prosecutors – who contend the defendant was resentful of Ackerson as a result of a custody battle – say the Hayeses then dismembered Ackerson's body in their home and carried it in coolers to Richmond, Texas, where they arrived July 18, 2011, at Karen Berry's home.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/amanda-hayes-sister-she-told-me-she-had-done-it-/13359601/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:38 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
Obituary: Laura Jean Ackerson of Kinston, N.C.

Posted Oct. 18, 2011 @ 12:01 am
Oct 18, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Ionia Sentinel - Standard
Ionia, MI

KINSTON, N.C.  

She was born in Hastings, Mich., on April 30, 1984 to Rodger Ackerson and Brenda Ackerson.

In 1996, Laura and her mother, Brenda, moved to Iowa. Laura graduated from Lynville-Sully High School. She moved to Kinston, N.C., where she worked as a business woman in Graphic Design, while raising her sons, Grant and Gentel. Her family attended Grace Fellowship Church.

We grieve with hope, for we know that Laura placed her trust in Jesus Christ and received His grace. We rejoice in knowing that she is with her Savior in Heaven.

Laura is survived by her sons, Grant and Gentel; father, Rodger Ackerson; mother, Brenda Brooks; grandmother, Jean La Pierre; siblings, Jason (Val) Ackerson, Erin (Mike) Anderson, Heather (Russ) Fruchey, Jennifer Cross, Ryan Martin, Daniel Martin and many family members and friends.

Memorial contributions can be made to Grace Fellowship Church in Laura’s memory. Memorial Services will be help at Sunfield United Brethren Church, at 6 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 24, 2011.

Source:

http://www.sentinel-standard.com/article/20111018/NEWS/310189997

I've been trying to find info on Laura's family & came across this obit you posted (thanks).  While doing further research I came across this obit for  Ruth Huckaba.  

Ruth Huckaba (Nielsen) of Lake Odessa, age 62, went to be with her Lord Saturday, September 22, 2012. She was preceded in death by her husband Rick Huckaba, parents Ken and Fern Nielsen and step-daughter Kristin Armstrong. She will be lovingly remembered by her children Erin (Mike) Anderson, Heather (Russell) Fruchey, Jason (Val) Ackerson, step-son Gerald (Janelle) Huckaba, seven grandchildren, siblings John Nielsen and Jean White, and many nieces and nephews.

Ruth's children Erin (Mike) Anderson, Heather (Russell) Fruchey, Jason (Val) Ackerson were listed in Laura's obit as her siblings -- I'm confused!  

Also does anyone have any info on Grant's parents.  I read that his father is a minister & his mother (& father?) own a childcare center but I haven't been able to find any info on them.

http://obit.koopsfc.com/obit_display.cgi?id=1115215&listing=Current

Kismet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Kismet wrote:I've been trying to find info on Laura's family & came across this obit you posted (thanks).  While doing further research I came across this obit for  Ruth Huckaba.  

Ruth Huckaba (Nielsen) of Lake Odessa, age 62, went to be with her Lord Saturday, September 22, 2012. She was preceded in death by her husband Rick Huckaba, parents Ken and Fern Nielsen and step-daughter Kristin Armstrong. She will be lovingly remembered by her children Erin (Mike) Anderson, Heather (Russell) Fruchey, Jason (Val) Ackerson, step-son Gerald (Janelle) Huckaba, seven grandchildren, siblings John Nielsen and Jean White, and many nieces and nephews.

Ruth's children Erin (Mike) Anderson, Heather (Russell) Fruchey, Jason (Val) Ackerson were listed in Laura's obit as her siblings -- I'm confused!  

Also does anyone have any info on Grant's parents.  I read that his father is a minister & his mother (& father?) own a childcare center but I haven't been able to find any info on them.

Hi, Kismet!  Welcome to the forum!  

Sorry I can't help you out a bit with any genealogy info on Laura.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Below is a rough, very unofficial, transcript of a conversation between Laura and Amanda, which took place during a custody exchange in October of 2010.  The prosecutor played it in court this afternoon.  There are many parts that I could not make out, unfortunately.

It's very interesting, though--how Amanda attempts to lead the conversation and not even address Laura's issue.  I wish I could have caught more.
-----

http://youtu.be/EVT2Ba5K7LQ

At about 14:10 minutes
Laura:  It is seven minutes before 5 o’clock.  It is October 29, 2010.  It is Friday.  [Tape pauses]  It’s 4:54 pm. I’m headed to Sheetz.  I’m about a minute away.

Over this—I think it was—this week.  I wrote Amanda an email after she showed a large amount of disdain for me in front of the children.  I’m going to find out if she received that email, and we’ll see what happens.  If she hasn’t, I’m going to address the situation with her verbally; and, hopefully, she’ll be compliant.  The situation is that she is having little emotional outbursts in front of the kids, and I think it is inappropriate.  But, we’ll see.

I’m going to pause this until I get to Sheetz.  Here we go.

I’m waiting in the [unintelligible] room at Sheetz, and it’s still just a few minutes before five.

Prosecutor fast forwards.

At about 16:57 minutes:
Grant:  [Unintelligible.]

Grant:  Alright [unintelligible] man, be good.

Amanda:  I love you.  [blows kiss]

Grant:  [unintelligible] donut.

Laura:  [unintelligible] donuts.

[Unintelligible]

Laura:  Mmmm.  I love you.

[Unintelligible]

Amanda:  It’s alright, we’ll see you Sunday.  Go see mummy.

[Unintelligible]

Amanda:  It’s okay.  Ohhh, nooo.  It’s okay.  We love you.  [blows kiss]

[Unintelligible]

Grant:  Hmmm?

Laura: Hey, Amanda, can I talk to you for a couple of quick seconds without the kids?

[Unintelligible]

Amanda:  No problem.  You just made us late last weekend [unintelligible]; so, [cross talking] can you just let us know—like—in advance, if you are going to be late, that would be awesome.

Laura:  [Unintelligible] you guys have been late before.  I don’t react like ...

Amanda:  What?  We have never been late, more than 5 minutes, ever.  Because I am very, very, very, [unintelligible] about being late.

Laura:  [Unintelligible]

Amanda:  So, I can guarantee you that we have not been late.  And the day that we were late—on the rainy day—we were six minutes late, [unintelligible] on the dot.

Laura:  I’m not even talking about being late.

[Unintelligible]

Laura:  [Unintelligible] your having, showing disdain for me.  From what I understand that is not a good [unintelligible] to have, but if we can please just remain cheerful [unintelligible.]

Amanda:  I would just prefer we didn’t even speak.  How about that?

Laura:  [Unintelligible]

Amanda:  [Unintelligible] I don’t see anything [unintelligible]

Laura:  *sigh*  I agree.

Amanda:  Okay.  So, I mean, you agree with me.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial . . . Amanda dumping illegally & captured on camera!

Post by Ann - Tx on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:13 am

Photos show Hayes dumping acid near Texas crime scene

Posted 11:38 a.m. -- 2/6/14
Updated 7:02 p.m. -- 2/6/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, N.C. — Jurors in the first-degree murder trial of Amanda Hayes on Thursday saw surveillance photos of her dumping four cartons – containing seven unopened one-gallon bottles of muriatic acid – at the end of a cul-de-sac near the Richmond, Texas, home of her sister.

Snipped:

John T. Schneider – an officer with Fort Bend County Environmental Enforcement in Fort Bend County, Texas, who recovered the photos from his department's camera – said the drop-off was made just after 10 a.m. on July 20, 2011, the last day of Hayes' three-day trip with her husband, Grant Hayes.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/photos-show-aman...cene/13365467/
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:17 am

Hi, Kismet!

Welcome to Reality Chatter!

I'm sorry that I can not help you. I don't have any info on Grant's parents.

It is my understanding that his father is indeed a minister and his mother owns & operates a day care (child care) center.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 8 - Part 1

Published on February 6, 2014

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 8 - Part 2

Amanda Hayes Trial - Day 8 - Part 3

More Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/croakerqueen123/videos
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Amanda Hayes trial resumes Monday, 2/10/14

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:21 pm

Kinston attorney testifies in Hayes murder trial

By  Bryan C. Hanks / Editor

Published: Friday, February 7, 2014 at 18:44 PM.

Kinston attorney Jon Sargeant testified Friday in the
Amanda Hayes murder trial. Sargeant was a child
custody lawyer for Laura Ackerson, the woman
Hayes is accused of killing in July 2011.

Bryan C. Hanks / The Free Press

RALEIGH – Kinston attorney Jon Sargeant took center stage on Day nine of testimony in the Amanda Perry Hayes murder trial.

Sargeant was the attorney for Laura Jean Ackerson, the woman Hayes is accused of killing in July 2011.

Snipped:

Testimony from Dr. Ann Ross, a professor in forensic anthropology, began late Friday and will continue at 9:30 a.m. on Monday.  

The prosecution announced it only has two more witnesses remaining on its list and Wake County Superior Court Judge Donald Stephens instructed the defense team to be ready to begin its case.

Above bolded by Ann-Tx

Read more:

http://www.kinston.com/news/local/kinston-attorney-testifies-in-hayes-murder-trial-1.274645?page=0
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 am

Nan11 wrote:
Kismet wrote:I've been trying to find info on Laura's family & came across this obit you posted (thanks).  While doing further research I came across this obit for  Ruth Huckaba.  

Hi, Kismet!  Welcome to the forum!  

Sorry I can't help you out a bit with any genealogy info on Laura.

Thanks for the welcome Nan.  I've been following Grant, now Amanda's trials from the beginning & haven't been able to find any forum discussing them . . . until I found my way here.  

BTW, thanks so much for the amazing timeline of events you put together.  It must have taken you forever - I know since I tried to make one  myself but after 2 days I gave up.  You answered so many questions I had.  Thanks again.

Last edited by Kismet on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kismet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:13 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
Hi, Kismet!

Welcome to Reality Chatter!

I'm sorry that I can not help you.  I don't have any info on Grant's parents.

It is my understanding that his father is indeed a minister and his mother owns & operates a day care (child care) center.

Thanks for the welcome Ann.  I'm so glad I found this site -- tons of informative info here.  study

Kismet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kismet on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:31 am

Bless these babies.  To hell with these parents.

Kismet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:09 am

Kismet, glad you found this site! There are long pages of info here about the Laura Jean Ackerson case.

Hope you check up some of our other threads. You might find something of interest.

Click on Forum in the Header. It is the gateway to all threads at Reality Chatter.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top