Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by HinkySD on Wed May 23, 2012 10:48 pm

I have just read the articles that you posted, Eileen. Thank you for that. Val's articles were great, no doubt about it. They are a painful reminder of this terrible case.

This terrible, rotten, crooked, heinous murder!
avatar
HinkySD

Posts : 479
Join date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by HinkySD on Thu May 24, 2012 5:56 pm

WHERE THE LIE STARTED:

Jonah Shacknai stated to investigators that he was at Rady Children's Hospital leading up to and proceeding the discovery of Rebecca Zahau.



PAGE 3:

https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/icxOj
avatar
HinkySD

Posts : 479
Join date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Thu May 24, 2012 7:43 pm

TY HinkySD.
OK, let's examine the search warrants.
Three search warrants issued on the same day (41 DAYS AFTER Rebecca's death).
Warrant 41432 states Jonah was at the hospital "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death.
Warrant 11-164 and Warrant 11-165 state the contrary: Jonah was NOT at the hospital between 1AM and @ 7AM.
Considering ME Lucas estimated Rebecca's Time of Death was 3AM, scientifically speaking, 1AM through 7AM would be considered "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death. Right?
Two different critical and crucial time frames in the investigation of a violent, suspicious death.

FACT
August 24, 2011 Search Warrant 41432
Items to be seized: Camera recordings… on DVD of all entrances to Rady Children's Hospital.. from July 11, 2011 through Wednesday, July 13 @ 0800AM.
Probably Cause: Jonah Shacknai… stated to investigators that he was at Rady Children's Hospital leading up to and proceeding the discovery of Rebecca Zahau.

FACT
August 24, 2011 Warrants 11-164 and 11-165 both state:
[On July 12, 2011]…[Jonah] left the hospital around 0100 hours (1:00AM July 13) and went to Ronald McDonald House... [Jonah] returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011, at about 0700 hours and Dina was still there.

FACT
September 2, 2011 Press Conference:
REPORTER
Do you know where Jonah was? Were you able to determine where Jonah was when all this happened? Can you say where he was?
GORE
Yes. He was at Children's Hospital with his son
REPORTER
Was he on surveillance?
GORE
Yes we have confirmed his whereabouts at Children's Hospital.

Now that's kind of weird.. Why did Gore ignore the other 2 warrants? Makes one wonder what else doesn't pass the smell test on those search warrants.
Geez...
avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by HinkySD on Thu May 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Is it just me? Or does it drive you NUTS that they ask for the smallest time window on these warrants.

'Ending on July 13 at 8:00am.' (Only an hour after Rebecca was found?)

After Max's accident on July 11 (not a few hours before?)

Sheezzzzz..... BS
avatar
HinkySD

Posts : 479
Join date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Thu May 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Eileen and HinkySD,
You two are better than good. Like, WOW!
Nothing passes your scrutiny! shifty
Interesting about the prints.
The circles say it all!
I never believed the story about the pointed boot belonging to a cop. They have regulation boots not western styled ones. And the updates on the where abouts of Jonah.

You two have put this together so well.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Thu May 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Freckles wrote:Eileen and HinkySD,
You two are better than good. Like, WOW!
Nothing passes your scrutiny! shifty
Interesting about the prints.
The circles say it all!
I never believed the story about the pointed boot belonging to a cop. They have regulation boots not western styled ones. And the updates on the where abouts of Jonah.

You two have put this together so well.

TY Freckles! Don't know about HinkySD, but I'd rather receive kudos on my tuba playing or belly-dancing skills than simply pointing out the EXISTING EVIDENCE in the most biased, botched death investigation this side of the Volga. Nope, haven't seen a lot of San Diego cops running around in cowboy boots. Geez...

So while we're at it, let's take a look at Search Warrant 41290
Issued July 15, 2011, 2 days AFTER Rebecca's death
Receipt and Inventory regarding investigation into little Max's tragic accident

Page 11:
"OFFICER: I request that this Affidavit, Search Warrant, and supporting attachments be sealed pending further order of the court. Make the request for the following reasons:
[clipped] The sealing request herein, however, is not based on denying discovery to the defendants, when they are -- when and if they are charged, being is -- but is being requested to merely prohibit public disclosure, which could surely undermine the continuing investigation herein. We do not wish to divulge the information contained within these documents for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence…
www.ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41290.pdf

Well, who did the Coronado Police Department think might destroy evidence?? Rebecca was already dead. Her body was in a drawer at the morgue. She certainly wasn't going to be destroying any evidence!

Evil or Very Mad

avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Willow123 on Fri May 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Totally off topic. I hope I don't get in trouble at the new place.

Who wants to meet for Taco Tuesdays at the Brigantine in Coronado. We can have a dinner discussion.

Actually this is what we have for Memorial Day weekend. I just had surgery and probably can't have the tortilla but the rest is great. Yum! Does anyone love Brigantine's fish tacos? You sure can't beat the price on Tues.

Willow123

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Fri May 25, 2012 3:56 pm

I do! I do! But I am not in your state. Sad
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Willow123 on Fri May 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Freckles wrote:I do! I do! But I am not in your state. Sad

They have the best swordfish tacos, margaritas and mojiitos.

Freckles we all need to plan a trip.

Willow123

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Ellie Tza on Fri May 25, 2012 10:52 pm

jacct wrote:
Freckles wrote:http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/09/18/what-really-happened-in-the-coronado-mansion.html

Can anyone blow up the balcony rail picture?
This is bugging me.
Look to the right of the closed door just at rail ht and below. I swear, it looks like someone is standing in that room as he pic is being taken! I know it is of no importance but it has bugged me.

It is a little pixelated at this size but it looks like part of the balcony design and something on the floor to me.
A little late to the party, but the following link contains a higher-res image of the same shot: http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/images/rzbalcony.jpg
avatar
Ellie Tza

Posts : 103
Join date : 2012-05-14
Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Ellie Tza on Fri May 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:TY HinkySD.
OK, let's examine the search warrants.
Three search warrants issued on the same day (41 DAYS AFTER Rebecca's death).
Warrant 41432 states Jonah was at the hospital "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death.
Warrant 11-164 and Warrant 11-165 state the contrary: Jonah was NOT at the hospital between 1AM and @ 7AM.
Considering ME Lucas estimated Rebecca's Time of Death was 3AM, scientifically speaking, 1AM through 7AM would be considered "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death. Right?
Two different critical and crucial time frames in the investigation of a violent, suspicious death.

FACT
August 24, 2011 Search Warrant 41432
Items to be seized: Camera recordings… on DVD of all entrances to Rady Children's Hospital.. from July 11, 2011 through Wednesday, July 13 @ 0800AM.
Probably Cause: Jonah Shacknai… stated to investigators that he was at Rady Children's Hospital leading up to and proceeding the discovery of Rebecca Zahau.

FACT
August 24, 2011 Warrants 11-164 and 11-165 both state:
[On July 12, 2011]…[Jonah] left the hospital around 0100 hours (1:00AM July 13) and went to Ronald McDonald House... [Jonah] returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011, at about 0700 hours and Dina was still there.

FACT
September 2, 2011 Press Conference:
REPORTER
Do you know where Jonah was? Were you able to determine where Jonah was when all this happened? Can you say where he was?
GORE
Yes. He was at Children's Hospital with his son
REPORTER
Was he on surveillance?
GORE
Yes we have confirmed his whereabouts at Children's Hospital.

Now that's kind of weird.. Why did Gore ignore the other 2 warrants? Makes one wonder what else doesn't pass the smell test on those search warrants.
Geez...
I just got a little less trusting of humanity.
avatar
Ellie Tza

Posts : 103
Join date : 2012-05-14
Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 am

Excellent.
When I click on the tool bar to enlarge, the grate in the front? The cross on the R/hand is bent--- it does not align with the other cross yet everything else does line. I wonder if it is dented?


Ellie Tza wrote:
jacct wrote:
Freckles wrote:http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/09/18/what-really-happened-in-the-coronado-mansion.html

Can anyone blow up the balcony rail picture?
This is bugging me.
Look to the right of the closed door just at rail ht and below. I swear, it looks like someone is standing in that room as he pic is being taken! I know it is of no importance but it has bugged me.

It is a little pixelated at this size but it looks like part of the balcony design and something on the floor to me.
A little late to the party, but the following link contains a higher-res image of the same shot: http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/images/rzbalcony.jpg
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Sat May 26, 2012 8:13 pm

TY Ellie Tza for the link.
Freckles, straightening out the photo, and looking from inside outwards, it seems the cross on the R/hand is straight. Maybe an optical illusion.

In photos below, notice the two separate places on the railing that are bent down, distorted (large red arrows), as if someone put a lot of weight on them, maybe using the railing as leverage, pushing against those spots with a boot. According to the following, a wrought iron arch cannot bear much weight:

"Some arches are meant to bear a load, though not too much weight should be placed on an iron arch. Arches made of steel, especially thinner steel, are prone to bending and can bear only a small amount of weight."
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-types-of-wrought-iron-arches.htm



Following the boot print (reddish colour) and the second set of shoe ridge prints (black) quoting Dr Godwin:

"The likely sequence of events involved the perpetrator carrying Rebecca from inside the room to the balcony door. The perpetrator then needed to get a better grip on the victim so he/she placed her down allowing only the right foot to make contact with the dusty floor - just at the entrance. The perpetrator then lifted her up again and stepped forward towards the railing again sitting the victim down for a second time allowing her right foot to make contact with the balcony floor.

Rebecca was not alone that night on the balcony; the unidentified shoe ridge pattern is likely her killer’s."


Either which way, it wouldn't be easy to maneuver 100 pounds of dead weight over that balcony! But probably easier than navigating 4 levels of flooring with your feet bound and hands bound behind your back without toppling over or leaving a trail of rope behind on the dusty balcony.


avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Sat May 26, 2012 9:24 pm

EileenDover,
I am still not convinced she was not hanged from below and hoisted up. Maybe, he took her to the balcony as a threat, a "this is what we are going to do" type of thing.

The speckling on the back, the bruises/contusions to the R/side of her face, the four huge "bumps" on her head, the double furrow on her neck. Blood pooling of the body. Still looking for answers.

I do think at least one other person was present with the boot man--- the sandaled female.

Like to see some straight answers from JS, AS, DS, NR and company, and even the second opinion doctor.

Do we know what DS is going to do re the autopsy pics of MS?

PS-- Appreciate the coloration you added. So very helpful. Also, a few other bent support bars on the railing close to your arrow but I think it is a dead end. Anyone at any time could have raised a boot and rested his foot upon the detailed bars.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by SweetT on Sat May 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:TY Ellie Tza for the link.
Freckles, straightening out the photo, and looking from inside outwards, it seems the cross on the R/hand is straight. Maybe an optical illusion.

In photos below, notice the two separate places on the railing that are bent down, distorted (large red arrows), as if someone put a lot of weight on them, maybe using the railing as leverage, pushing against those spots with a boot. According to the following, a wrought iron arch cannot bear much weight:

"Some arches are meant to bear a load, though not too much weight should be placed on an iron arch. Arches made of steel, especially thinner steel, are prone to bending and can bear only a small amount of weight."
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-types-of-wrought-iron-arches.htm



Following the boot print (reddish colour) and the second set of shoe ridge prints (black) quoting Dr Godwin:

"The likely sequence of events involved the perpetrator carrying Rebecca from inside the room to the balcony door. The perpetrator then needed to get a better grip on the victim so he/she placed her down allowing only the right foot to make contact with the dusty floor - just at the entrance. The perpetrator then lifted her up again and stepped forward towards the railing again sitting the victim down for a second time allowing her right foot to make contact with the balcony floor.

Rebecca was not alone that night on the balcony; the unidentified shoe ridge pattern is likely her killer’s."


Either which way, it wouldn't be easy to maneuver 100 pounds of dead weight over that balcony! But probably easier than navigating 4 levels of flooring with your feet bound and hands bound behind your back without toppling over or leaving a trail of rope behind on the dusty balcony.



Interesting, or could they be bent cause Rebecca was pushing herself away using them for leverage to keep from being thrown off..??
avatar
SweetT

Posts : 187
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Sun May 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:
Freckles wrote:Eileen and HinkySD,
You two are better than good. Like, WOW!
Nothing passes your scrutiny! shifty
Interesting about the prints.
The circles say it all!
I never believed the story about the pointed boot belonging to a cop. They have regulation boots not western styled ones. And the updates on the where abouts of Jonah.

You two have put this together so well.

TY Freckles! Don't know about HinkySD, but I'd rather receive kudos on my tuba playing or belly-dancing skills than simply pointing out the EXISTING EVIDENCE in the most biased, botched death investigation this side of the Volga. Nope, haven't seen a lot of San Diego cops running around in cowboy boots. Geez...

So while we're at it, let's take a look at Search Warrant 41290
Issued July 15, 2011, 2 days AFTER Rebecca's death
Receipt and Inventory regarding investigation into little Max's tragic accident

Page 11:
"OFFICER: I request that this Affidavit, Search Warrant, and supporting attachments be sealed pending further order of the court. Make the request for the following reasons:
[clipped] The sealing request herein, however, is not based on denying discovery to the defendants, when they are -- when and if they are charged, being is -- but is being requested to merely prohibit public disclosure, which could surely undermine the continuing investigation herein. We do not wish to divulge the information contained within these documents for fear that the perpetrators can destroy evidence…
www.ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41290.pdf

Well, who did the Coronado Police Department think might destroy evidence?? Rebecca was already dead. Her body was in a drawer at the morgue. She certainly wasn't going to be destroying any evidence!

Evil or Very Mad


Hi Eileen!

The warrant used to seize items from the mansion during Rebecca's death investigation used the same legal wording. Warrant 41227, page 11. In my opinion these statements are commonly used in this type of warrant request. Two different detectives.

Warrant 41227 - http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_41227.pdf


Last edited by Lash on Mon May 28, 2012 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:

Rebecca Zahau case_Suicide_8_23_11
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/ldCcbdi

Rebecca Zahau case_Suicide, really_9_6_11
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/cdMbli

Rebecca Zahau case_A simple case of leverage and math_9_7_11
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/admcvj

Rebecca Zahau case_The geometry in Rebecca’s fall_9_14_11
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/odIBA

Rebecca Zahau case_New documents_new footprints_9_21_11
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/udtvr

Rebecca Zahau case_Worth a thousand words_10_1_11
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/rdRnT

Rebecca Zahau case_So whats the hold up_10_21_11
https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/hdyuv

Awesome - Thank you Eileen!
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by HinkySD on Sun May 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Eileen =

Even though you clearly emphasized it!

41 days AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QBM: 'OK, let's examine the search warrants.
Three search warrants issued on the same day (41 DAYS AFTER Rebecca's death).
Warrant 41432 states Jonah was at the hospital "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death.
Warrant 11-164 and Warrant 11-165 state the contrary: Jonah was NOT at the hospital between 1AM and @ 7AM.
Considering ME Lucas estimated Rebecca's Time of Death was 3AM, scientifically speaking, 1AM through 7AM would be considered "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death. Right?
Two different critical and crucial time frames in the investigation of a violent, suspicious death.'


As if they were just misinformed hours earlier? Thank you I had not recognized this clear outrageousness!
avatar
HinkySD

Posts : 479
Join date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by HinkySD on Sun May 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Look at these comments posted here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2011/09/25/money-mystery-murder-in-spreckels-mansion-case/


The Sheriff says there is a video of Mr. Shacknai at Ronald McDonald House. What I can say first hand is this, none of the many volunteers I talked to ever saw him there, and they told me they have all been talking about it and he wasn’t there when reported.
I spoke to a security guard who said Mr. Shacknai was in and out of Rady a lot, there was a parents bed in Max’s room in every room but he didn’t sleep there. Apparently Mrs. Shacknai didn’t sleep there either its right in the Newsweek article that Dina went home to sleep.
Nina Romano, called Rebecca at 1040pm the night of her death
Adam Shacknai did not pass his polygraph examination it was merely inconclusive

I met personally with a neighbor who has agreed to accompany Anne to the States Attorneys office to give a formal statement.
On the night of the 12th Mrs…was up reading in her front den, at 1130 she heard a woman calling for help. It unnerved her and she looked outside thinking it was coming from the beach. She never imagined it came from one of her neighbors. When the police came the next morning she was quite upset. She and her husband made a formal report. When the police did not call back for more details they called again. A police officer who they are pretty sure was LT Nesbitt came to their house listened and said it probably wasn’t important and they never received a follow up call or visit
.

There is so much to this case. There is no wonder it is taking the AG time to put this sickening case together.

avatar
HinkySD

Posts : 479
Join date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Mon May 28, 2012 11:05 am

HinkySD wrote:Eileen =

Even though you clearly emphasized it!

41 days AFTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QBM: 'OK, let's examine the search warrants.
Three search warrants issued on the same day (41 DAYS AFTER Rebecca's death).
Warrant 41432 states Jonah was at the hospital "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death.
Warrant 11-164 and Warrant 11-165 state the contrary: Jonah was NOT at the hospital between 1AM and @ 7AM.
Considering ME Lucas estimated Rebecca's Time of Death was 3AM, scientifically speaking, 1AM through 7AM would be considered "leading up to and proceeding" Rebecca's death. Right?
Two different critical and crucial time frames in the investigation of a violent, suspicious death.'


As if they were just misinformed hours earlier? Thank you I had not recognized this clear outrageousness!

Rebecca's autopsy was completed on 7-14. Toxicology results were back on 7-26. Medical Examiner Jonathan Lucas did not sign his autopsy "opinion" until 9-2, the same day as the SDSO press conference. It appears ME Lucas waited for the investigatior's report to determine the manner of death. ME Lucas after the completed autopsy on 7-14 should still have the manner of death as "unknown".

What were investigators doing during those 41 days? The autopsy produced specimens for evidence. ME Lucas prepared swabs for transfer to SDSO for further examination. SDSO also had their own specimens for examination found at the scene. Rope, paint brushes, blood, etc...I think it is fair to assume the detectives were waiting for these results. DNA results could exclude everyone except Rebecca or the results could show another contributor. The results of this type of evidence ultimately could point the investigation in the right direction. I personally don't think the results were what some in SDSO anticipated. The mixed DNA was not expected. In my opinion, this sent them in CYA mode. Hence, the reason the 3 warrants were requested 41 days later to prove the alibi's of certain individuals. The same reason Rebecca's phone was not powered up until August 15th.

The special press conference with a PowerPoint presentation was another CYA. In my opinion, SDSO wanted desperately to sell the public a story to silence this case.



Last edited by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 am

HinkySD wrote:Look at these comments posted here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2011/09/25/money-mystery-murder-in-spreckels-mansion-case/


The Sheriff says there is a video of Mr. Shacknai at Ronald McDonald House. What I can say first hand is this, none of the many volunteers I talked to ever saw him there, and they told me they have all been talking about it and he wasn’t there when reported.
I spoke to a security guard who said Mr. Shacknai was in and out of Rady a lot, there was a parents bed in Max’s room in every room but he didn’t sleep there. Apparently Mrs. Shacknai didn’t sleep there either its right in the Newsweek article that Dina went home to sleep.
Nina Romano, called Rebecca at 1040pm the night of her death
Adam Shacknai did not pass his polygraph examination it was merely inconclusive

I met personally with a neighbor who has agreed to accompany Anne to the States Attorneys office to give a formal statement.
On the night of the 12th Mrs…was up reading in her front den, at 1130 she heard a woman calling for help. It unnerved her and she looked outside thinking it was coming from the beach. She never imagined it came from one of her neighbors. When the police came the next morning she was quite upset. She and her husband made a formal report. When the police did not call back for more details they called again. A police officer who they are pretty sure was LT Nesbitt came to their house listened and said it probably wasn’t important and they never received a follow up call or visit
.

There is so much to this case. There is no wonder it is taking the AG time to put this sickening case together.


This comment follows the article written by Victoria Pynchon. The writer who was sleuthed by Jonah's PR firm Sitrick and Company. What are they so afraid of?

Why It’s Personal

I also write because Mr. Shacknai’s PR firm – Sitrick and Company - took the trouble to view my profile on LinkedIn after I posted Cathy Scott’s first article on the Zahau death. I didn’t like that, particularly because they weren’t simply looking for contact information, not having bothered to contact me.

It felt creepy. I don’t expect anything like it to ever happen aga
in.
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Willow123 on Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 am

I have to say that Mr. Shacknai makes himself look guilty with all these schenagains.

It does make one wonder!!

HinkySD thanks for that article.

Willow123

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Puzzler on Mon May 28, 2012 5:00 pm

NO!!!!!! Well, the AG had better approve an independent investigation. We "knew" the Sheriff and the DA are in the pockets of JS...but don't forget...the ME was the "first" to say it was a suicide.

http://www.facebook.com/AnneMBremner/posts/448115018534953

Anne Bremner
In the Rebecca Zahau case our requests to re-open the investigation have been turned down by the DA and SDSD. This was a stated condition precedent to our going to the AG for an independent investigation. We have now submitted a detailed request to the AG.
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Willow123 on Mon May 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Jigsaw, this is a new facebook comment???????


No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reread that Forbes article. That seems pretty dead on to me for the "why we are interested" and the comments afterwards were interesting. What is it they are not seeing. That article was last Sept. and still applies.

Willow123

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Tue May 29, 2012 12:14 am

HinkySD wrote:Look at these comments posted here:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/shenegotiates/2011/09/25/money-mystery-murder-in-spreckels-mansion-case/


The Sheriff says there is a video of Mr. Shacknai at Ronald McDonald House. What I can say first hand is this, none of the many volunteers I talked to ever saw him there, and they told me they have all been talking about it and he wasn’t there when reported.
I spoke to a security guard who said Mr. Shacknai was in and out of Rady a lot, there was a parents bed in Max’s room in every room but he didn’t sleep there. Apparently Mrs. Shacknai didn’t sleep there either its right in the Newsweek article that Dina went home to sleep.
Nina Romano, called Rebecca at 1040pm the night of her death
Adam Shacknai did not pass his polygraph examination it was merely inconclusive

I met personally with a neighbor who has agreed to accompany Anne to the States Attorneys office to give a formal statement.
On the night of the 12th Mrs…was up reading in her front den, at 1130 she heard a woman calling for help. It unnerved her and she looked outside thinking it was coming from the beach. She never imagined it came from one of her neighbors. When the police came the next morning she was quite upset. She and her husband made a formal report. When the police did not call back for more details they called again. A police officer who they are pretty sure was LT Nesbitt came to their house listened and said it probably wasn’t important and they never received a follow up call or visit
.

There is so much to this case. There is no wonder it is taking the AG time to put this sickening case together.

Bet that's the time they were hatching their plot.
Nina was already there, too.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 9:49 am

Facebook

Twitter
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 am

Puzzler wrote:NO!!!!!! Well, the AG had better approve an independent investigation. We "knew" the Sheriff and the DA are in the pockets of JS...but don't forget...the ME was the "first" to say it was a suicide.

http://www.facebook.com/AnneMBremner/posts/448115018534953

Anne Bremner
In the Rebecca Zahau case our requests to re-open the investigation have been turned down by the DA and SDSD. This was a stated condition precedent to our going to the AG for an independent investigation. We have now submitted a detailed request to the AG.

Jig- Why do you think the ME was the first to declare RZ's death a suicide? I don't recall this. TIA

ETA - Jig, forget my question. I misinterpreted what you were saying. Sorry!


Last edited by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Willow123 on Tue May 29, 2012 10:07 am

Lash wrote:Facebook

Twitter

Sorry that is not good enough for me. AB needs to give more information.

It is not over. I don't care what she says. The people will vote their displeasure. This is not going to go away. Just like the Jon Benet Ramsey did not go away.

If JS wants his family and children to be under a cloud the rest of their life he shows just what kind of man he is.

Willow123

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Willow123 on Tue May 29, 2012 10:15 am

HinkySD on page 5 says it is the ME that concludes Suicide. I personally don't know that is true. And HinkySD did not give any information for us to check it out so I don't know that it is true.

There is a problem with this case in that people are not backing up their information with sources. There are lots of factoids on here.

Willow123

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Willow123 wrote:
Lash wrote:Facebook

Twitter

Sorry that is not good enough for me. AB needs to give more information.

It is not over. I don't care what she says. The people will vote their displeasure. This is not going to go away. Just like the Jon Benet Ramsey did not go away.

If JS wants his family and children to be under a cloud the rest of their life he shows just what kind of man he is.
Lash - TY for posting the images! Am poking in for a second as am up to my neck in work...
Willow - It's definitely NOT over, it's just beginning.

Legally, in order for CA AG Kamala Harris to even consider looking at the request for a new independent investigation, the attorneys (Anne Bremner and Marty Rudoy) first have to go through the proper channels. In this case, first officially request San Diego Sheriff's Office (Gore) to re-open the case -- which he has adamantly and arrogantly refused to do -- then make the same request to San Diego DA Bonnie Dumanis. Since it's well known that she and Gore are long time "bedfellows," it was a given that Dumanis would also turn down the request. No news there.

So now that that is officially entered into the records that both Gore and Dumanis have been presented the request and have turned it down, AG Harris is free to examine the case files and make her decision. Unfortunately, the state of California is $16 billion in debt and all departments are on decreased budgets. Whether AG Harris deems this case justifies allocating manpower and funds remains to be seen.
avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Tue May 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Willow123 wrote:HinkySD on page 5 says it is the ME that concludes Suicide. I personally don't know that is true. And HinkySD did not give any information for us to check it out so I don't know that it is true.

There is a problem with this case in that people are not backing up their information with sources. There are lots of factoids on here.
Willow: The final say for cause of death and manner of death is the Medical Examiner, thus HinkySD is correct in saying it was the ME that concluded suicide.

RZ Autopsy Report
page 6 - last paragraph

"Therefore, based on these findings and the history and circumstances of the death as currently known, the cause of death is certified as hanging, and the manner of death is certified as suicide.

JONATHAN R. LUCAS, M.D.
Deputy Medical Examiner
Date signed: 9-2-11 (the day of the Dog and Pony Show aka Press Conference)

https://viewer.zoho.com/docs/sdcaMbh

As per Lash's comment above, this appears to have been the sequence of events. Our brash, young ME Lucas, who stuttered his way through both Press Conferences, visibly uncomfortable, who, for his efforts at closing his eyes to the obvious, thus signing his name to a blatantly bias conclusion, was awarded a promotion shortly thereafter(!):
Lash stated: Rebecca's autopsy was completed on 7-14. Toxicology results were back on 7-26. Medical Examiner Jonathan Lucas did not sign his autopsy "opinion" until 9-2, the same day as the SDSO press conference. It appears ME Lucas waited for the investigatior's report to determine the manner of death. ME Lucas after the completed autopsy on 7-14 should still have the manner of death as "unknown".
avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Just for the record:

Under California law the Medical Examiner is both required and empowered to determine the cause and circumstance of certain deaths. (clipped)

While we try to accommodate all the wishes of family members and the decedent, occasionally the circumstances of the death necessitate that an autopsy be performed despite the oppositions of the family or the decedent. Common reasons include the involvement of a law enforcement agency, mandates specified in California Law, and our legal obligation to investigate deaths under our jurisdiction.
http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/me/legal.html
avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Willow123 on Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Woohoo. Lets get it started. Thanks everyone.

Willow123

Posts : 336
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Tue May 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Eileen_Dover wrote:
Willow123 wrote:
Lash wrote:Facebook

Twitter

Sorry that is not good enough for me. AB needs to give more information.

It is not over. I don't care what she says. The people will vote their displeasure. This is not going to go away. Just like the Jon Benet Ramsey did not go away.

If JS wants his family and children to be under a cloud the rest of their life he shows just what kind of man he is.
Lash - TY for posting the images! Am poking in for a second as am up to my neck in work...
Willow - It's definitely NOT over, it's just beginning.

Legally, in order for CA AG Kamala Harris to even consider looking at the request for a new independent investigation, the attorneys (Anne Bremner and Marty Rudoy) first have to go through the proper channels. In this case, first officially request San Diego Sheriff's Office (Gore) to re-open the case -- which he has adamantly and arrogantly refused to do -- then make the same request to San Diego DA Bonnie Dumanis. Since it's well known that she and Gore are long time "bedfellows," it was a given that Dumanis would also turn down the request. No news there.

So now that that is officially entered into the records that both Gore and Dumanis have been presented the request and have turned it down, AG Harris is free to examine the case files and make her decision. Unfortunately, the state of California is $16 billion in debt and all departments are on decreased budgets. Whether AG Harris deems this case justifies allocating manpower and funds remains to be seen.

I am not in CA but have the people there considered a massive letter writing campaign to ALL forms of media? I am talking editorials to INDEPENDENT newspapers (get the list from google) and forward ALL copies to the DA; flood the offices with calls for recall "when appointed/elected officials can not properly do their jobs." With Kelly Thomas (Fullerton), the Rialto under-sherrif's son involved in a gang rape, the Oakland shooting, the Porn-judge, etc.. The time is ripe to act. Demand officials preform timely and fairly for ALL victims!!!

Write to your elected state reps. Send copies. Make a petition.

After a letter writing campaign, get KFI or other major radio stations to give 30 minutes discussing the abuses/favortism within the system.

It can be done.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by ThirdEye on Tue May 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Having followed this case for a while, I think most people who have looked over the documents supplied by the SDSO realize that Rebecca Zahau did commit suicide - which is why it will not be reopened. So many of what has been posted here and elsewhere is rumor. Even that the case is filled under "Unsolved Homicides" here is a bit "hinky". If you look at the physical evidence that was found...it is clear that no one but Rebecca was involved in her death.

ThirdEye

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Willow123 wrote:HinkySD on page 5 says it is the ME that concludes Suicide. I personally don't know that is true. And HinkySD did not give any information for us to check it out so I don't know that it is true.

There is a problem with this case in that people are not backing up their information with sources. There are lots of factoids on here.

Willow - What Hinky wrote is absolutely correct. It was not related to my question to Jig--that I have now edited. I misinterpreted Jig's comment.
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 3:32 pm

ThirdEye wrote:Having followed this case for a while, I think most people who have looked over the documents supplied by the SDSO realize that Rebecca Zahau did commit suicide - which is why it will not be reopened. So many of what has been posted here and elsewhere is rumor. Even that the case is filled under "Unsolved Homicides" here is a bit "hinky". If you look at the physical evidence that was found...it is clear that no one but Rebecca was involved in her death.

Hi ThirdEye!

BBM - The owner of this site has commented this thread should probably be moved to closed cases. You could address that with them.

DebFrmHell wrote:
Justice4all wrote:
DebFrmHell wrote:Technically, this is not an unsolved homicide. There was a confirmed suicide ruling, rightly or wrongly, and it is a closed case.

They are working to appeal that ruling.

Splitting whiskers, I know... ((insert mr green))
I should probably move this to closed cases. I was being stubborn and placed it in unsolved homicides based on my personal feelings about the case.

I would leave it here. The Hinkies are happy so why mess with a good thing? We are creatures of habit. You are our new habit! LOL!


Last edited by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 3:37 pm

ThirdEye wrote:Having followed this case for a while, I think most people who have looked over the documents supplied by the SDSO realize that Rebecca Zahau did commit suicide - which is why it will not be reopened. So many of what has been posted here and elsewhere is rumor. Even that the case is filled under "Unsolved Homicides" here is a bit "hinky". If you look at the physical evidence that was found...it is clear that no one but Rebecca was involved in her death.

BBM - I hope you're wrong and it will be reopened. Can you give examples of what has been posted "here" that is rumor? TIA. I have looked at all the evidence available and it is absolutely not clear to me no one else was involved in Rebecca's death.
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Tue May 29, 2012 3:53 pm

ThirdEye wrote:Having followed this case for a while, I think most people who have looked over the documents supplied by the SDSO realize that Rebecca Zahau did commit suicide - which is why it will not be reopened. So many of what has been posted here and elsewhere is rumor. Even that the case is filled under "Unsolved Homicides" here is a bit "hinky". If you look at the physical evidence that was found...it is clear that no one but Rebecca was involved in her death.
So. Who turned off the lights?

Why two different furrows on her neck?
Who was looking at the porn?
What WAS the message written on the door and where is the evidence now?
Why did she hit herself 4 times with a dog bone?
Who left the sandal marks on the balcony
What detective/LE wears regulation pointed boots?
Has AS figured out who that girl was he broke bread with a few hours earlier? The one who was found hung ?
Whose undies were in the guest house?
Why did RZ need TWO knives, TWO paint brushes?
Why were NS fingerprints on the cell phone?
Where was NR' son during the time in question?
Why was NR so concerned about NOT leaving fingerprints on the gate?
Why did AS not hear the screams when neighbors some distance away DID hear the screams?

What restaurant did they eat at? Is there evidence?
What time was JS planning to take MS to the zoo if he was away at a gym (and he had an excellent one in his home)?
Who saw JS at the gym that AM?
What was JS wearing when he jogged to the gym?
What was he wearing in the ER? How did he get there? Mode of transportation, please.

What time did the children leave for the airport? Got evidence of receipts for the trips?
Why didn't JS go back to the house when he heard RZ was hung?
Where did he go during those "missing" hours?

Why were RZ feet so dirty when the rest of her was not?

Does JS contribute to the re-election campaigns of the elected officials in Coronado?

And, when did RS have the time to plan all this suicide to look like a murder?
Why would she do that, you think?
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by ThirdEye on Tue May 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Who turned off the lights?
- Rebecca since her fingerprints were the only ones on the door handle and door jamb. They were probably on the light switch, too.

Why two different furrows on her neck?
- Because of the way she tied the noose and the t-shirt.

Who was looking at the porn?
- It was her computer so she was - I suppose to figure out how to kill herself in a way that would bring the most attention.

What WAS the message written on the door and where is the evidence now?
- She saved him can he save her. Don't know.

Why did she hit herself 4 times with a dog bone?
- What she did before she jumped will never be known. She very well could've hit herself in the head with the bone, "Why wasn't I watching Max better?"

Who left the sandal marks on the balcony
- There are no sandel marks on the balcony. Those were seen in a very pixelated photo, not at the crime scene itself.

What detective/LE wears regulation pointed boots?
- It is in the case files who the boot belonged to, but they have not been released to the public.

Has AS figured out who that girl was he broke bread with a few hours earlier? The one who was found hung ?
- The one that hung herself right outside his room and left herself to be found by him at 6:45 in the morning, after a day of flying and going to the hospital, and even BEFORE he'd had a dang cup of coffee? That girl?

Whose undies were in the guest house?
- One of Gabby's friends. They had a slumber party a few days before.

Why did RZ need TWO knives, TWO paint brushes?
- Only she knows.

Why were NS fingerprints on the cell phone?
- She used it.

Where was NR' son during the time in question?
- Doesn't matter, he was not involved.

Why was NR so concerned about NOT leaving fingerprints on the gate?
- Who said she was concerned about not leaving fingerprints. That is your assumption.

Why did AS not hear the screams when neighbors some distance away DID hear the screams?
- Heavy sleeper. And the scream came from beach (there was only ONE scream reported, not multiple).

What restaurant did they eat at? Is there evidence?
- McDonald's at the hospital. You mean evidence like a left over french fry?

What time was JS planning to take MS to the zoo if he was away at a gym (and he had an excellent one in his home)?
- He said he was going to take Max to the zoo, but then changed his mind and went to the gym. That is what has been reported. I bet he wishes he had taken that zoo trip. Then both Max and Rebecca would still be alive.

Who saw JS at the gym that AM?
- Don't know, but I'm sure it is in the SDSO files, which have not been released to the public - only to the Zahaus, Shacknais and Romanos.

What was JS wearing when he jogged to the gym?
- Don't know. Why would that matter?

What was he wearing in the ER? How did he get there?
- According to reports, he followed the ambulance in his car. Why would it matter what he was wearing?

Mode of transportation, please.
- His car.

What time did the children leave for the airport? Got evidence of receipts for the trips?
- They left before 6 in the morning. One of Gabby's friends said so in an interview. Gabby was confused with Xena in the earliest reports that came out and it spread on Hinky. It was always Xena there. Gabby had gone.

Why didn't JS go back to the house when he heard RZ was hung?
- I would imagine the police told him NOT to as he would NOT have been allowed at the scene.

Where did he go during those "missing" hours?
- He was at Ronald McDonald house and/or a hotel.

Why were RZ feet so dirty when the rest of her was not?
- Because she's just taken a shower and then walked bare footed through the garden to the garage to get the rope.

Does JS contribute to the re-election campaigns of the elected officials in Coronado?
- Don't know and if he did that doesn't make him a murderer or Coronado official corrupt.

And, when did RS have the time to plan all this suicide to look like a murder?
- I think she began planning it on Monday. She had plenty of time to think about it as she was driving everyone around. She boarded the dog that afternoon, and made plans to send Xena away. As soon as she know Xena was home safely, she began the suicide.

Why would she do that, you think
- I think she felt horrible about what had happened to Max. And possibly very angry about the questions Jonah was asking.





ThirdEye

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Tue May 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi ThirdEye - Welcome! Sorry to bother you but there are so so many lingering questions. Perhaps you can enlighten the general public. It would be terrific to be able to put all those nasty rumours to bed for once and for all. Adding to Freckles questions, here are a few more:

Why was Rebecca’s body left exposed on the grass for 13 hours without being at least covered with an awning?
Why did it take 13 hours for the Medical Examiner to arrive on the scene thus allowing Rebecca’s body to be exposed to the sun and elements consequently destroying critical evidence and compromising the autopsy?
How did Rebecca get from the balcony door to the railing in one hop with her ankles bound?
How did Rebecca wrap t-shirt around her neck 3 times and gag herself with her hands bound behind her back?
How did Rebecca not lose consciousness after wrapping t-shirt around her neck 3 times before gagging herself, then slipping her hand into bindings behind her back and hopping to balcony edge before tipping over?

Autopsy report – If Rebecca was hanging from 3AM to 6:30AM as stated in Press Conference, why was her blood pooled in her back?
According to LE, there were no signs of struggle: how did she get all those cuts and scratches under her arms where they were bound?
Autopsy report – why was there dried blood under her fingernails and blood on her leg?
What caused the large bump on Rebecca’s forehead as seen by family at funeral?

Crime scene: Chair overturned facing the bed away from the balcony - LE said there was no struggle evident?
Crime scene: Clump of hair in the shower: If it was Rebecca's, why a clump of hair?
Rebecca’s phone - What did Jonah say exactly in this alleged voicemail that has been erased?
Crime scene: Water bottle/Dr. Pepper - why no identification no DNA no fingerprints?
Crime scene: Red stain on carpet - Why no identification no DNA no fingerprints?
Crime scene: Plastic bag - Why no identification no DNA no fingerprints?
Crime scene: Red dog bone – Why wasn’t this listed as evidence? No DNA no fingerprints?
Crime scene: Tissues with red stains - Why no identification no DNA no fingerprints?

Woman's clothes in guesthouse – No identification?
Makeup wipes in guesthouse – No identification no DNA no fingerprints?

The rope – When and where was it purchased?
The rope - How much rope did investigators measure from the 3 sections plus noose? Was it 60 ft.? Was it LESS than 60 ft.?
The rope – If it came from the garage, whose fingerprints/footprints were there? Did LE process the garage?

Time of death - No estimate time of death in the Autopsy Report; No explanation as to why it was left out?
Time of death – Medical Examiner Lucas stated at Press Conference time of death as ‘about’ 3AM. If not in autopsy report, what is this based on?

Why wasn't the door ever shown as evidence to the public?
The door – Was a handwriting expert called in to examine the door?
The door - Why did LE allow the door, crucial evidence, to be painted over? And why is it in Jonah’s custody months before Rebecca’s personal belongings were returned to her family?

Crime scene: The narrow boot/shoe print in the bedroom by the plastic bag, under the bed (so the impression must have been made before the bed was pulled forward with the weight of RZ's hanging body) seems to match the footprint in the balcony. Why wasn't it examined and taken as evidence?
Why was Rebecca in the guest bedroom?
Where were Rebecca’s clothes?
Crime scene: The towel found in hallway: fingerprints or DNA taken?
The candle was still in place on the three-legged wooden table. How could that be?
Why was Rebecca’s phone on floor in guest room?
The receipt for paint supplies. Whose name was on it and where was it from?

Large picture frame or mirror with what appears to be a handle or light fixture on one side yet smooth on the other was removed as evidence. Why wasn’t it included in the search warrant?
A roll of carpeting was removed as evidence. Why wasn’t it included in the search warrant?
Was the kitchen checked for missing knives? There were 2 knives in the guest room and Adam used one to cut her down.
Search warrant: Where is the document addressed to Jonah and why hasn’t it been returned to her family?

Why wasn’t Adam’s suitcase checked and taken in as evidence?
Why were witnesses who heard screams for help and attempted many times to contact Law Enforcement not interviewed immediately and why were their statements disregarded?
Adam’s polygraph was inconclusive. Why did SDSO state at Press Conference that Adam had passed the test? Why didn't Adam take a 2nd polygraph test that had been recommended by polygrapher Paul Redden to SDSO?
How did Adam "rush "into main house when it would've been locked?
When Adam saw his brother’s girlfriend hanging from the balcony naked, bound and gagged, why did he state on 911 call that Rebecca had hung herself? Why did he assume suicide?
Seeing Rebecca hanging naked bound and gagged, why didn’t Adam think there could be a murderer in the house, thus rush to perhaps save his brother? How did he know for fact that Jonah wasn’t there?
Why did Adam with approximate height of 5’8” stand on the three-legged wooden table to cut her down when Rebecca at height of 5’3 ½” and hanging 26 ½” from ground would have been within his reach?

Why weren't Jonah, Dina, Howard and Nina's blood/DNA ever taken during the investigation?
Where was Dina while she was away from the hospital on July 12th from 8AM until 10PM? No confirmation nor collaborative evidence
Were Jonah, Adam, Dina, Nina and Howard’s phone records taken into evidence?
Where is the evidence of Adam’s activities following Rebecca's death? When did he leave Coronado and who purchased his airline ticket?
Where was Dr. Howard Luber on the night of July 12?
Why did Dr. Luber contact Rebecca, or she contact him at nearly 11:00pm?
When did Dr. Luber leave Coronado and why wasn’t he questioned?

Did the car Jonah was driving have OnStar System?
Were Dina, Nina and Howard’s cars equipped with OnStar System?
There is no evidence proving where Jonah was the night of July 12 between 1AM and 7AM. Why did SDSO state they had evidence?
What evidence did detectives have that Adam actually slept in that unmade bed in the guest house the night before?
Why weren't the unmade bed sheets and pillowcases taken from the guest room to be examined for Adam’s or anyone else's hair/saliva?
Where were Adam's clothes from the night before? The only clothes mentioned were women's clothing on the floor in the guesthouse.
Why didn't Adam take the GAG out of Rebecca's mouth at 6:30am instead AFTER he supposedly cut her down at 6:45-6:47 am, 15-17 minutes later yet he attempted to perform CPR?
ADT Security Alarm System - Why was it not on? Was ADT requested to turn over their files as evidence?

Thank you Thirdeye in advance.

avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by ThirdEye on Tue May 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi Eileen, I'm at work and don't have time to answer all of this now...and most of what you asked has not been released to the public anyway, since it was ruled a suicide. In suicide cases, information is only released to the families. If they choose to release it that is up to them.

Most of what you are asking I would have no idea...I have only read all the articles and looked at the evidence at the SDSO site. I just do not believe that there was any conspiracy, nor that anyone else was involved. The DNA and fingerprint evidence tells the story as far I am concerned, and I find it sad that so many rumors were spread around on Hinky about these families who lost so much.

ThirdEye

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Tue May 29, 2012 5:04 pm

New article:
Attorney requests new probe of Coronado hanging
U-T San Diego
May 29, 2012


CORONADO — The attorney for the family of Rebecca Zahau has submitted a detailed request to the state Attorney General’s Office asking for an independent investigation into her hanging death at her boyfriend’s Coronado mansion last summer.

Seattle-based attorney Anne Bremner said the Sheriff’s Department and District Attorney’s Office have turned down similar requests she submitted, paving the way for the official request to the attorney general.

Zahau’s family continues to suspect foul play in her death.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/29/attorney-requests-new-probe-of-zahau-hanging/
avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Eileen_Dover on Tue May 29, 2012 5:22 pm

ThirdEye wrote:Hi Eileen, I'm at work and don't have time to answer all of this now...and most of what you asked has not been released to the public anyway, since it was ruled a suicide. In suicide cases, information is only released to the families. If they choose to release it that is up to them.

Most of what you are asking I would have no idea...I have only read all the articles and looked at the evidence at the SDSO site. I just do not believe that there was any conspiracy, nor that anyone else was involved. The DNA and fingerprint evidence tells the story as far I am concerned, and I find it sad that so many rumors were spread around on Hinky about these families who lost so much.

Thanks ThirdEye. As Lash suggested above, it would be great if you could list the rumours and correct them for the benefit of the general public. The skepticism was never limited to those commenting on The Hinky Meter, Websleuths or here at Reality Chatter. It abounds on every national and international media article and in the countless other blogs dedicated to this case.

It is tragic when rumours are spread. Yet so many of these rumours could have been cut at the bud many months ago if only corroborating evidence had been presented to the public. It was a horrible misconception to think the public would NOT demand answers and proof in such a suspicious violent death. If indeed Rebecca did kill herself in THE most bizarre, unprecedented, previously undocumented suicide in history, and, as a result, innocent people are being thrashed through the rumour mills, then it's Sheriff Gore's responsibility to prove it to the public without any reasonable doubt. His arrogant responses and his refusal to do so has only added kindling to the fire. Those who comment and seek the truth are merely messengers.

avatar
Eileen_Dover

Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by ThirdEye on Tue May 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Eileen, I'll try to get to some of your questions later today or tonight, but can only comment on things that are in the public record. After reading over your questions the answer to most of them will be either:

1.) Only Rebecca knows. No one else, including SDSO, will ever know exactly, because Rebecca was the only one there and did not video tape it.

2.) What information was given out in the SDSO press conference and in the press is just the tip of the iceberg of all the information that they have on this case. The problem is, you don't know what was done and what was not done, what was asked and what was not asked. They had 6-15 investigators working around the clock on this for 7 weeks. There is a ton in the file. But in case of suicide, that information is only given to the families involved. You will never know the answer to all the questions you have unless the Zahaus share their files with you.


ThirdEye

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Freckles on Tue May 29, 2012 5:40 pm

ThirdEye said: " But in case of suicide, that information is only given to the families
involved. You will never know the answer to all the questions you have
unless the Zahaus share their files with you."


Even Rebecca's family is asking questions so apparently they do not have "all" the answers. Could be why they retained an attorney.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16518
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by ThirdEye on Tue May 29, 2012 5:47 pm

I think they want to believe anything except that Rebecca killed herself. I really feel for them, but to accuse innocent people of doing horrible things isn't the way to go, IMO.

ThirdEye

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Lash on Tue May 29, 2012 5:50 pm

ThirdEye wrote:Hi Eileen, I'm at work and don't have time to answer all of this now...and most of what you asked has not been released to the public anyway, since it was ruled a suicide. In suicide cases, information is only released to the families. If they choose to release it that is up to them.

Most of what you are asking I would have no idea...I have only read all the articles and looked at the evidence at the SDSO site. I just do not believe that there was any conspiracy, nor that anyone else was involved. The DNA and fingerprint evidence tells the story as far I am concerned, and I find it sad that so many rumors were spread around on Hinky about these families who lost so much.

ThirdEye - The SDSO website does not make the associated warrants and autopsy reports in this case available to read online. If you have not read the warrants or reports in this case Eileen and I have listed links to most of them in the past few pages of this thread. I look forward to your comments.
avatar
Lash

Posts : 1583
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by ThirdEye on Tue May 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks Lash. I've read pretty much everything that was posted on Hinky Meter, and think I've read all the articles, etc. I started following it since it came right on the heels of the Anthony verdict. If you have anything that wasn't on Hinky or in the public domain, I'd love to see it!

ThirdEye

Posts : 81
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Puzzler on Tue May 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Willow123 wrote:HinkySD on page 5 says it is the ME that concludes Suicide. I personally don't know that is true. And HinkySD did not give any information for us to check it out so I don't know that it is true.

There is a problem with this case in that people are not backing up their information with sources. There are lots of factoids on here.

You can read Rebecca's Autopsy Report. I posted the link earlier in this thread. The autopsy was performed the next day.
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Rebecca Zahau Found Dead at Historic Mansion 7/13/11

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum