Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jane Bashara -- Deceased 1/24/12

Post by justanopinion on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:03 pm

stina wrote:A sign on Middlesex disappeared overnight.....

It really is too bad that they didn't have security cameras... would be too much like fun to watch BB take it down.. Isn't that theft? lol

Sad that someone would take it! But must have been Bob!
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:06 pm

It wouldn't surprise me to find it plopped in BB's yard as more sale cuz by golly he's just wanting justice for Jane.
I can't wait for tomorrow to see if he will finally face murder charges. Oh how I hope he does.
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Joseph Gentz Will Learn If He Will Stand Trial For Murder

By Metro News

(Grosse Pointe, MI) -- The man accused of killing Grosse Pointe resident Jane Bashara is expected to find out Monday if he's competent to stand trial...
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Here we go. On the eve of the "circus" coming to town! Bozo2 Time to get the show on the road.
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 pm

justanopinion wrote:

It really is too bad that they didn't have security cameras... would be too much like fun to watch BB take it down.. Isn't that theft? lol

Sad that someone would take it! But must have been Bob!
Or his mother or his atty... Cool
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:19 am

Handyman back in court in Bashara homicide case

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 3:08 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 11, 2012 3:08 AM CDT

DETROIT (AP) - A handyman charged with strangling a Grosse Pointe Park woman is returning to court for a hearing about his mental health...

*************************************************************************************************

Court Proceedings Continue For Handyman Charged In Jane Bashara Murder
June 11, 2012 4:37 AM

DETROIT (WWJ) – Court proceedings continue Monday in the case of a Grosse Pointe Park woman who was murdered in January.

A judge will decide if the handyman, who police say confessed to killing Jane Bashara, is competent enough to stand trial...
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 am

Friends And Supporters Launch “Justice For Jane”

June 11, 2012 8:25 AM

GROSSE POINTE, Mich. (WWJ) – Friends and supporters of Jane Bashara are mounting what they’re calling the “Justice For Jane (Bashara) campaign”.

Organizers say the purpose is to visibly show the Grosse Pointe community’s desire to bring to justice whoever murdered one of its most respected members. They’ve begun selling yard signs, car magnets, wristbands, and purple tree ribbons — with the goal to have as many of them displayed as possible before what would have been Jane Bashara’s 57th birthday — on June 22nd.

---------

Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/11/friends-and-supporters-launch-justice-for-jane/
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 am

DETROIT
June 11, 2012

Competency hearing scheduled for Bashara handyman/murder suspect

By K. Michelle Moran
C & G Staff Writer

This afternoon, a judge will decide whether Joseph John Gentz, 48, of Grosse Pointe Park is competent to stand trial in the Jan. 24 murder of Grosse Pointe Park marketing executive and mother Jane Bashara, 56.

A competency hearing for Gentz is slated to take place at 1:30 p.m. June 11 in front of 36th District Court Judge Kenneth King, according to a spokesperson from the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. Gentz is a handyman who worked for Jane Bashara’s husband, property manager/businessman Bob Bashara. Gentz allegedly told police that he murdered Jane Bashara at Bob Bashara’s behest, although some reports indicate that his account of the murder has varied; in at least one version, Gentz is said to have told police that Bob Bashara ordered him to kill Jane Bashara while holding a gun on Gentz.

Although police named him a “person of interest” early in the case, Bob Bashara had not been charged with anything as of press time.

Gentz was arraigned March 5 on charges of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder in the case, which has attracted national media attention. His competency hearing was originally scheduled for May 4, but Gentz’s court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, sought and received an extension to finish needed exams and collect documents for the hearing.

--------

Source: http://www.candgnews.com/news/competency-hearing-scheduled-bashara-handymanmurder-suspect
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:24 am

June 11, 2012 at 11:07 am

Bashara handyman's competency review could have 'huge impact' on case

By George Hunter and Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News

Gentz's attorney, Susan Reed, requested the competency evaluation at his March arraignment. Court records say the St. Clair Shores man has a 67 IQ. He was previously diagnosed with bipolar and organic mood disorder.

The outcome of Gentz's competency review will have a "huge impact", if Bashara is charged, former Macomb County Prosecutor Carl Marlinga said.

"The only witness who can tie Bashara to the killing is Mr. Gentz," said Marlinga, who is now a defense attorney.

Marlinga said if Gentz is ruled incompetent, a judge could determine that his testimony is not admissible. Or, Marlinga said, a judge could allow the testimony, but if Bashara is later charged, his attorney, David Griem, could have a strong argument that Gentz is not credible.

"I see this as a headache and a challenge for Prosecutor (Kym) Worthy to proceed with this case," he said. "I wish her all the luck in the world, but this is a very complicating factor now that you have the mental health and stability of your prime witness being questioned."

Competency hinges on whether a person suffering from an emotional or mental illness can tell right from wrong at the time the act was committed, Marlinga said. Whether they suffer from a mental illness is immaterial.

If Gentz is found incompetent, he will continue with evaluations for up to 18 months. At that point, the charges would be dismissed without prejudice. He would then likely be involuntarily committed to a mental health facility through a civil court proceeding and would remain there until competency is regained and the charges could be reauthorized.

------------

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120611/METRO01/206110378#ixzz1xUwcmfPG

MORE at the Source (above)
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Soooo! I wonder if BB will show his face at the hearing today? I think he's arrogant enough to show up.
What do you think?
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Is there a link for the hearing today? I'd like to watch if there is.
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by CA Lady on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:44 pm

One Wonders wrote:Is there a link for the hearing today? I'd like to watch if there is.

Live:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/WATCH-LIVE-Suspect-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-returns-to-court/-/1719418/14772122/-/f5qqkf/-/index.html

But it's over now......I missed it!!

CA Lady

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:05 pm

CA Lady wrote:
One Wonders wrote:Is there a link for the hearing today? I'd like to watch if there is.

Live:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/WATCH-LIVE-Suspect-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-returns-to-court/-/1719418/14772122/-/f5qqkf/-/index.html

But it's over now......I missed it!!

ARGH..... I can't find anything about what the outcome was!!!!! Does anyone know??
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Shucks! I just logged back on and missed it. Thanks CA Lady and justanopinion. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by CA Lady on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:17 pm

All I can find is something about the defense asked for an independant evaluation, the Judge denied and then granted SIX more weeks for next hearing.

If the Judge denied the request, why another 6 weeks?? Have to see a write up and maybe that will explain exactly what happened.

CA Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:23 pm

CA Lady wrote:All I can find is something about the defense asked for an independant evaluation, the Judge denied and then granted SIX more weeks for next hearing.

If the Judge denied the request, why another 6 weeks?? Have to see a write up and maybe that will explain exactly what happened.

here is the link I found.... http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Joe-Gentz-will-undergo-second-competency-hearing-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719418/14760120/-/yg07yn/-/index.html

Gentz is charged with murder and conspiracy. Results from a competency evaluation was the subject of a court hearing Monday, but a second and independent evaluation was requested by defense attorney Susan Reed - and granted.

A hearing on the results of the second evaluation is scheduled for July 23.

It was noted in court that Gentz had been ruled competent during the first evaluation, which was performed June 5 by a psychologist with the state Department of Health.
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by CA Lady on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks justanopinion!!

What I had read didn't make any sense. Now I understand.

CA Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm

justanopinion wrote:
CA Lady wrote:All I can find is something about the defense asked for an independant evaluation, the Judge denied and then granted SIX more weeks for next hearing.

here is the link I found.... http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Joe-Gentz-will-undergo-second-competency-hearing-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719418/14760120/-/yg07yn/-/index.html

Gentz is charged with murder and conspiracy. Results from a competency evaluation was the subject of a court hearing Monday, but a second and independent evaluation was requested by defense attorney Susan Reed - and granted.

It was noted in court that Gentz had been ruled competent during the first evaluation, which was performed June 5 by a psychologist with the state Department of Health.

Ohhhh! So I get it...The first one didn't suit them so they're going to continue to search until someone gives them what they want to hear. Such nonsense. And we have to wait another six weeks to see if BB gets arrested. Well the bright side is that gives The Justice For Jane people to get more lawn signs, tree ribbons, magnetic's and braceletts to be sold so that BB see's everyday that he's not fooling anyone.
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Darkman wrote:Joe Gentz back in court to determine if he is competent to stand trial in Bashara murder case

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Gentz will undergo second competency hearing in Jane Bashara murder case

Family handyman charged with murder of Grosse Pointe Park mother, new evaluation results due in late July

Published On: Jun 10 2012 06:17:19 AM EDT Updated On: Jun 11 2012 02:05:58 PM EDT

DETROIT -
A handyman charged with strangling a Grosse Pointe Park woman will undergo another evaluation for his mental health.

Joe Gentz has been in custody for more than three months in the death of marketing executive Jane Bashara, whose body was found inside her Mercedes-Benz in a Detroit neighborhood earlier this year.

It was noted in court that Gentz had been ruled competent during the first evaluation, which was performed June 5 by a psychologist with the state Department of Health....

-------

More at the Source:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Joe-Gentz-will-undergo-second-competency-hearing-in-Jane-Bashara-murder-case/-/1719418/14760120/-/yg07yn/-/index.html
Uncut VIDEO added at the source already mentioned in above posts:

Uncut: Bashara murder suspect to get 2nd competency hearing

---- VIDEO (3:21) ----

"A hearing on the results of the second evaluation is scheduled for July 23." (for now it's also set for 1:30 pm Eastern Time)

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Bashara-murder-suspect-to-get-2nd-competency-hearing/-/1719418/14774250/-/oqlu4d/-/index.html

Spoiler:

P.S.
The prosecutor has some hairdo, i tell ya.... :)

Lots of comments at this link there ... some people are getting upset, frustrated ... and as many times in the past, skeptical and sarcastic.

Last edited by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:06 pm

One Wonders wrote:
justanopinion wrote:

Ohhhh! So I get it...The first one didn't suit them so they're going to continue to search until someone gives them what they want to hear. Such nonsense. And we have to wait another six weeks to see if BB gets arrested. Well the bright side is that gives The Justice For Jane people to get more lawn signs, tree ribbons, magnetic's and braceletts to be sold so that BB see's everyday that he's not fooling anyone.

Is there such as thing as a right to a speedy trial in Mich.? What happens if all these psych evals take too long? Makes me sick to think BB is walking around thinking he has beaten this potential charge. barf
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:12 pm

GROSSE POINTES

June 11, 2012

Group seeks ‘Justice for Jane’

Vigil planned for murdered Grosse Pointe Park resident Jane Bashara this July

By K. Michelle Moran
C & G Staff Writer

On June 22, Jane Bashara would have celebrated her 57th birthday, likely in the company of family and friends.

But for the marketing executive and proud mother of two grown children, there will be no more birthdays. There will be no more laughter or conversations or new memories. All of that ended when someone brutally strangled Bashara on Jan. 24, leaving her body in her Mercedes SUV in an eastside Detroit alley, just a few miles from her home in Grosse Pointe Park.

A group comprising people who knew and loved Bashara wants to see whoever was responsible for the murder brought to justice, and to that end, they launched the Justice for Jane campaign June 9. They are supplying and distributing yard signs, tree ribbons, wristbands and ribbon magnets with the message “Justice for Jane.”

Read more: http://www.candgnews.com/news/group-seeks-%E2%80%98justice-jane%E2%80%99
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Handyman Gentz found competent to stand trial in Bashara slaying, but attorney seeks private opinion

3:01 PM, June 11, 2012

Joseph Gentz, left, appears with defense attorney William Winters III for a competency hearing at 36th District Court in Detroit, Mich., Monday, June 11, 2012. The hearing is moved to July 23rd so that an independent evaluation can be made. / KATHLEEN GALLIGAN/Detroit Free Press

--------

Read at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120611/NEWS02/120611029/Joe-Gentz-Jane-Bashara-Robert-Bashara

P.S.
Looks like Joe Gentz now added another attorney, 2nd attorney ... defense attorney William Winters III
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Darkman, I find the idea of co-counsel for Joe interesting... I thought that his lawyer was doing a bang-up job of trying to get him some cushy time in a psych ward.. not that I believe that is where he should be... wonder what her reasoning is for bringing another counsellor onboard? There must be some benefit since she was appointed!
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Even more interesting.....

The sole objection was a surprise — William J. Winters III, president of the Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association, who wrote a letter to the committee expressing his views (not those of the association) and concerns over the possible politicization of indigent defense. Thinking that the state-funded system would be free of undue political preference is a “hopeless illusion,” Winters wrote, adding that no legislation can eliminate the distinctly human traits of nepotism, cronyism and favoritism.

Though he doesn’t claim that the system is adequately funded as it is now, Winters wrote that he doesn’t see how statewide funding will make the situation any better.

The proposal could be taken far more seriously if its proponents summoned the political courage to fund this new system with an increased tax on legal products and services which directly and disproportionately contribute to crime: the beer, wine and spirits industry and casino ‘gaming’ interests. These purveyors of misery and despair have enjoyed a tax haven in our state for far too long. A fair and reasonable tax is overdue, but these competing interest groups are apparently off-limits because they are too powerful to take on. Instead, proponents take the easy way out: they want defendants, most of whom are desperately poor, to fund the system.

Winters addresses the pink elephant in the room, a simple reality that few want to discuss: Michigan’s pool of money is shrinking. Within those limits, what legislator would put an unpopular population — those charged with crimes, some of whom are (gasp) guilty — over the interests of populations to which we pay plenty of lip service — in particular, school children? We can’t, or won’t, even adequately fund our schools if it means paying higher taxes. Is it possible that we’ll have the political stones to adequately fund indigent defense?

http://michiganlawyerblog.wordpress.com/tag/william-winters-iii/

justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:13 pm

Hmm...

Good find!

BTW,
Hopefully they (Gentz' defense) are not trying to put some doubt into Joe's competency by seeking private opinion, after prosecution's experts found him to be competent.
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:17 pm

justanopinion,

I posted at J4J forum earlier about Gentz' 2nd attorney ... maybe if you want .. you can post there your finding about that guy :)
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by LucyJane on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:44 pm

justanopinion wrote:Even more interesting.....

The sole objection was a surprise — William J. Winters III, president of the Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association, who wrote a letter to the committee expressing his views (not those of the association) and concerns over the possible politicization of indigent defense. Thinking that the state-funded system would be free of undue political preference is a “hopeless illusion,” Winters wrote, adding that no legislation can eliminate the distinctly human traits of nepotism, cronyism and favoritism.

Though he doesn’t claim that the system is adequately funded as it is now, Winters wrote that he doesn’t see how statewide funding will make the situation any better.

The proposal could be taken far more seriously if its proponents summoned the political courage to fund this new system with an increased tax on legal products and services which directly and disproportionately contribute to crime: the beer, wine and spirits industry and casino ‘gaming’ interests. These purveyors of misery and despair have enjoyed a tax haven in our state for far too long. A fair and reasonable tax is overdue, but these competing interest groups are apparently off-limits because they are too powerful to take on. Instead, proponents take the easy way out: they want defendants, most of whom are desperately poor, to fund the system.

Winters addresses the pink elephant in the room, a simple reality that few want to discuss: Michigan’s pool of money is shrinking. Within those limits, what legislator would put an unpopular population — those charged with crimes, some of whom are (gasp) guilty — over the interests of populations to which we pay plenty of lip service — in particular, school children? We can’t, or won’t, even adequately fund our schools if it means paying higher taxes. Is it possible that we’ll have the political stones to adequately fund indigent defense?

http://michiganlawyerblog.wordpress.com/tag/william-winters-iii/

This is hugely interesting. You could just knock me over with a feather.
LucyJane

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Joe Gentz Found Competent to Stand Trial in Jane Bashara Murder Case

The handyman charged in the January strangulation death of Grosse Pointe Park resident Jane E. Bashara will undergo a second competency evaluation by an independent doctor at the request of his attorney.

By Sara Eaton Martin, the author 3:08 pm

Spoiler:

The handyman who worked for Bob Bashara has been found competent to stand trial in the murder and conspiracy charges related to the strangulation death of Jane E. Bashara—a beloved member of the Grosse Pointe Park community, mother and avid volunteer.

Wayne County Deputy Prosecutor Lisa Lindsey announced the results of the evaluation Monday in 36th District Court during a brief hearing before Chief Judge Kenneth J. King...

His court-appointed attorney, Susan Reed, requested Monday that Gentz undergo a second competency evaluation by an independent doctor. She told the judge she had a doctor in mind but declined to identify the person until after the court order is signed.

For more information on the Justice 4 Jane campaign, visit the website: http://justice4jane.forumotion.com/ or email justice4jane@yahoo.com

--------

More at the Source: http://grossepointe.patch.com/articles/gentz-found-competent-in-bashara-case

... including the VIDEO of Gentz' attorney Susan Read speaking ...

P.S.
Check out poster's comment at the Source...
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Handyman to undergo 2nd exam in Bashara homicide...

... The link includes VIDEO ...
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Joe Gentz back in court to determine if he is competent to stand trial in Bashara murder case

... The link includes TEXT and a good VIDEO ...
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Darkman wrote:Handyman to undergo 2nd exam in Bashara homicide...
You the man, thanks for keeping informed.

What happens if the 2nd competency test comes back that he is not competent to stand trail? Will their be a 3rd test?

In the above article it looks like he is going to take a plea deal, I guess this is what they are waiting for to charge Bob.
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Joe Gentz will undergo second competency hearing in Jane Bashara murder case (Click)

... The link includes good new, informative VIDEO from Local 4 Defenders ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd competency hearing set for Bashara murder suspect... He is the only person charged in the murder of Jane Bashara. (Click)

... The link includes VIDEO ...

Last edited by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:55 pm

2nd Competency Exam Ordered For Murder Suspect Joe Gentz

June 11, 2012 3:55 PM

DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – A handyman charged with strangling a Grosse Pointe Park woman has been found mentally competent but will undergo a second test.

A Detroit judge approved the request Tuesday by Joseph Gentz’ defense attorney Susan Reed. “I do believe that there are issues there that the doctors found there, and I just want them explored,” she said.

Gentz, who is charged with murder and conspiracy in Jane Bashara’s death, did not speak at Monday’s hearing.

Court documents indicate that Gentz has an IQ of 67. An average IQ is around 100.

Reed indicated she wants to make sure Gentz is competent before negotiating a plea deal with prosecutors. If a deal is reached, Gentz’s testimony could be used against an as yet unnamed co-conspirator, whom is believed to be Jane’s husband Bob Bashara...

----------

More at the Source: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/11/2nd-competency-exam-ordered-for-murder-suspect-joe-gentz/
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Joseph Gentz May Be Weird, But He’s Legally Competent

June 11th, 2012, 3:12 PM

Joseph Gentz, the man authorities think killed Jane Bashara, may seem a little…umm…"off" but he is competent to stand trial, according to a court ruling....

------

More at the Source: http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/738/joseph_gentz_may_be_weird_but_he_s_legally_competent
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Darkman wrote:Joseph Gentz May Be Weird, But He’s Legally Competent

June 11th, 2012, 3:12 PM

Joseph Gentz, the man authorities think killed Jane Bashara, may seem a little…umm…"off" but he is competent to stand trial, according to a court ruling....

------

More at the Source: http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/738/joseph_gentz_may_be_weird_but_he_s_legally_competent
He is competent, IMO, if he knew the difference between right and wrong.
I do not think he is capable of deceit by commission but perhaps only by omission.
Based on this, IF he said Blob was involved, I would believe him (I think he lacks the mental capability to form lies--- only but neglecting to tell can he mislead someone.)
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 am

Gentz to face second competency exam

By Mitch Hotts
mitch.hotts@macombdaily.com
Posted: 06/12/12 12:01 am
Updated: 06/12/12 12:27 am

The handyman charged in the slaying of Grosse Pointe Park resident Jane Bashara has been found competent to stand trial, but his defense attorney on Monday asked for a second mental health evaluation as a plea bargain with Wayne County prosecutors is under discussion.

The request for an independent competency exam for Joe Gentz was made Monday by his attorney Susan Reed in Detroit’s 36th District Court where Gentz is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

“I want to be very sure Mr. Gentz is competent before we proceed with any negotiations,” Reed said outside of court.

Dressed in a tan suit, Gentz, 48, rubbed his hands handcuffed in front of him together as he was led into the courtroom by security officers. He seemed to close his eyes and take a deep breath as the charges were read in court.

Dave Griem, the attorney for Bob Bashara, could not be reached for comment Monday but in the past had predicted Gentz would be found competent.

Also Monday, Reed downplayed reports of Gentz having several outbursts in the Dickerson Detention Facility in Hamtramck where he is being held.

Gentz is not part of the general population in the jail, she added. “I don’t know if I would classify it as an outburst,” she said. “I don’t feel there was anything life threatening. Someone at the jail has been leaking this information to the press.”

A spokesman for Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon could not comment on the allegation because it centers on Gentz’s private medical information. But law enforcement officials privately said there have been “numerous” occasions where prison staff had to intervene due to Gentz’s outbursts. No staff members have been injured, they added.

Some law enforcers question whether the incidents were being “contrived” by Gentz as proof of his mood disorders that could be used to show he is mentally incompetent....

-------

More at the Source: http://www.macombdaily.com/article/20120612/NEWS01/120619925/-1/NEWS/gentz-to-face-second-competency-exam&pager=full_story
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 am

Gentz lawyer wants independent evaluation

June 12, 2012

------

More at the Source: http://www.freep.com/article/20120612/NEWS02/206120346/Gentz-lawyer-wants-independent-evaluation
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:42 am

Bashara handyman likely to cut plea deal if competent

Gentz passes state's psychological review, granted second exam

By George Hunterand, Christine Ferretti
The Detroit News

Spoiler:
Detroit— The man who claims he was paid to kill Jane Bashara will likely try to cut a plea deal with prosecutors if he's ruled competent to stand trial by an independent psychologist, his attorney said Monday...

"We want to make sure Mr. Gentz is competent before we enter in plea negotiations," Reed said after his court appearance.

But a defense attorney who is a former prosecutor said the outcome of Gentz's competency reviews will have a "huge impact" and be a challenge for Prosecutor Kym Worthy if anyone else is charged in the case with the prime witness' mental stability an issue.

"The only witness who can tie Bashara to the killing is Mr. Gentz," said former Macomb County Prosecutor Carl Marlinga.

-----------

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120612/METRO/206120326#ixzz1xYxPy0G9

More at the Source (above)
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 am

Experts To Double-Check Joseph Gentz's Competency

June 12th, 2012, 7:25 AM

If you were thinking that accused Jane Bashara killer Joseph Gentz's legally-established competency seemed a tad unbelievable, you weren't alone.

Macomb Daily: The request for an independent competency exam for Joe Gentz was made Monday by his attorney Susan Reed in Detroit’s 36th District Court where Gentz is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

“I want to be very sure Mr. Gentz is competent before we proceed with any negotiations,” Reed said outside of court.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. -- JTW

READ MORE: MACOMB DAILY

-------

Source: http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/747/experts_to_double-check_joseph_gentz_s_competency
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:31 am

Darkman wrote:Experts To Double-Check Joseph Gentz's Competency

If you were thinking that accused Jane Bashara killer Joseph Gentz's legally-established competency seemed a tad unbelievable, you weren't alone.

Macomb Daily: The request for an independent competency exam for Joe Gentz was made Monday by his attorney Susan Reed in Detroit’s 36th District Court where Gentz is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

-------

Source: http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/articles/747/experts_to_double-check_joseph_gentz_s_competency

Playing Devils Advocate... what happens if the private assessment of Competency shows that he is not competent?? Do we then wait another 6-8 weeks for a subsequent and 3rd assessment? crystal ball
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 am

We'll just wait and see what happens... :)

"Lawman ... when, when ... when do you think "it will happen" .. before Christmas, hopefully?" Very Happy
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:43 pm

justanopinion wrote:

-------

Playing Devils Advocate... what happens if the private assessment of Competency shows that he is not competent?? Do we then wait another 6-8 weeks for a subsequent and 3rd assessment? crystal ball
Yup! On and on it goes. May take years sadly and shamefully. Dosen't it just make you so mad in the pit of your stomach? BB is free to roam around, complain that a waitress looked at him like he has 3 heads and etc. Roll my eye's until they pop out I tell ya.
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:00 pm

[quote="One Wonders"][quote="justanopinion"]

Yup! On and on it goes. May take years sadly and shamefully. Dosen't it just make you so mad in the pit of your stomach? BB is free to roam around, complain that a waitress looked at him like he has 3 heads and etc. Roll my eye's until they pop out I tell ya.

One Wonders don't let your eyes pop out..... how will you be able to see what we say to make those awesome comments! Suspect It makes me so aggravated that Bob runs around like nothing ever happened... guess he just expected that he would get some sympathy slaves... Poor master blob... no little blonde bombshells bought his poor me sob story about how innocent he is... Laughing and if I was his waitress I would charge admission to the public to come and see the man with 3 heads!!
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:16 pm

[quote="justanopinion"][quote="One Wonders"]
justanopinion wrote:

One Wonders don't let your eyes pop out..... how will you be able to see what we say to make those awesome comments! Suspect It makes me so aggravated that Bob runs around like nothing ever happened... guess he just expected that he would get some sympathy slaves... Poor master blob... no little blonde bombshells bought his poor me sob story about how innocent he is... Laughing and if I was his waitress I would charge admission to the public to come and see the man with 3 heads!!
Your post made me laugh! Laughing
I cannot imagine what any woman would see in him. He's absolutely repulsive. I can't help but wonder if Jane stayed with him for the sake of her children. He just give's me the creeps and shivers.
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Jane's good friend, Fifteen30, said on several occasions that Jane DID love BB...
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Darkman wrote:Jane's good friend, Fifteen30, said on several occasions that Jane DID love BB...
I was married to a sociopath for several decades. At some point, when the love was not reciprocated, when the demands for me to constantly give and NEVER receive, then the love become a bond or my own commitment to "do better, do move". While love was gone, the caring was the bond sustaining for an extra decade plus. (And, of course, there is the issue of children. For Jane, perhaps, religion and social status ?)

Edited:
IMO, Jane stayed with Blob because of HER own convictions and morality. What did she have to be ashamed of? She was not wronging her own marriage as Blob did. You know, especially when he tried to involve the victim for his sexual choices. That "open" marriage pap.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Maybe even though Fifteen30 was a good friend of jane's ... STILL, maybe Jane didn't want to talk about her problems with others too much ... leaving many under impression that everything was fine between them... (between her and BB).

Don't know for sure anyhow.. just guessing .. speculating....
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Pure speculation on my part... sometimes when we once loved someone ... when they change... we love them for the person we once loved and still see some glimmer of occasionally. I think that is why some people are able to forgive and forget or at least turn a blind eye to changes we don't like or approve of... people who are married and then one becomes a raging alcoholic is an example and the other stays to see if they can ride out the storm.. Praying that the love we shared (in the past) will be enough to bring that old person back to us. I think that Jane loved Blob once... was a gentle loving soul who thought that "this too will pass" and marriage is a commitment that was "for better or for worse, 'til death do us part" (at least that was in my vows) and women used to have to say " to love, honour and obey" Laughing that part must have been written by some archaic man!

so as a woman I can say that when I look in the mirror I can still see the 25 yr old girl that married my husband and when I look at him I still see the man of my dreams..(not the one that is in his 40's and has the beer belly and grey sideburns. And even on the days that I don't particularly like him I still love him like the day I said "I do"

Perhaps Jane still saw the football player and not the Blob!
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 am

June 13,

Time appears short for Bob Bashara

(by Dave Schultz)

One man’s opinion.

It certainly seems as though the walls are starting to close in on Bob Bashara....

--------

Read at the Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/time-appears-short-for-bob-bashara
Darkman

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Freckles wrote:
Darkman wrote:Jane's good friend, Fifteen30, said on several occasions that Jane DID love BB...
I was married to a sociopath for several decades. At some point, when the love was not reciprocated, when the demands for me to constantly give and NEVER receive, then the love become a bond or my own commitment to "do better, do move". While love was gone, the caring was the bond sustaining for an extra decade plus. (And, of course, there is the issue of children. For Jane, perhaps, religion and social status ?)

Edited:
IMO, Jane stayed with Blob because of HER own convictions and morality. What did she have to be ashamed of? She was not wronging her own marriage as Blob did. You know, especially when he tried to involve the victim for his sexual choices. That "open" marriage pap.
Thank you. I think Jane had more morals and vitures in her little toe nail than BB has ever had in his whole life.
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top