Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 pm

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson prosecutor Koch reminding jury of Pastor Neil Schori's account of what Stacy said happened the weekend Savio died.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutor reminds jury that both Schori and Savio divorce atty Harry Smith testified Stacy implicated DP in Savio death.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson prosecutor Koch says "we have proved...beyond a reasonable doubt that he entered that home...and forced her to inhale water."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson prosecutor Koch ends his closing after 1 hour, 9 minutes. Jury taking a five minute break.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:27 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Koch: Peterson returned to the house to clean the tub. "Murderers sometimes go back to the scene, to make sure they got it right."

avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 pm

The prosecutor said Kathleen Savio had 14 injuries on her body, "that's clearly not consistent with a single fall".


Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 pm

September 4, 10:55 a.m. Kathleen Savio's, good friend Mary Pontarelli, wiped tears from her eyes as Chris Koch told the jury about the night Mary, and her family found Savio in the tub. Koch said that Drew, who was a Bolingbrook Police watch commander that evening in March of 2004, didn't call for police backup to do a well being check, but instead let neighbors and locksmith enter the home. Koch added upon discovering Savio's body, Mary Pontarelli is heard screaming upstairs but Drew Peterson "doesn’t have his gun drawn, or a flashlight," because he knows what happened. "He Killed her, he knows she¿s up in the tub."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 10:40 a.m. Attorney Chris Koch is taking the jury through the expert testimony they presented. Reminding the jurors that Dr. Mary Case, who is only 1 of 15 neuro pathologists in the country, called it a homicide. "She died at the hands of another person," Koch said, "and that person is the defendant." Koch also managed to make mention of Stacy Peterson by asking the jury the night Savio died, "What did he bring home? Women's clothes!" "We know that from Stacy Peterson."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 10:29 a.m. Huge support here today for Kathleen Savio, her brother Nick, niece Elizabeth and friends Mary Pontarelli and her son Nick who both testified in this case are in the overflow room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-drew-peterson-trial-blog-closing-arguments-in-peterson-trial-20120904,0,94900.htmlstory
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
The prosecution's closing argument has ended. The trial is in a brief recess. #DrewPeterson

In Session ‏@InSession
"He held her underwater, and he pushed her down. Because of that, we are asking that you find him guilty, ladies and gentlemen of the jury."
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:41 pm

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson jury did not show much reaction to Koch's closing, took some notes and paid attention. Typical jury react.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Drew Peterson trial blog: " We are asking that you will find him guilty"

Kelly Barnicle
WGN News
11:30 a.m. CDT, September 4, 2012

September 4, 11: 25 a.m. Koch has gone through several of the hearsay statements that were made talking about the comments made to Stacy Peterson's Pastor Neil Schori and divorce Attorney Harry Smith. Koch reiterating to the jury the importance of using "common sense, everyday life experiences." Koch said to the jury "he held her down, until she inhaled fluid and she drowned." Koch added, "we proved to you beyond a reasonable doubt. He entered that home with intent to kill her." We are asking that you will find him guilty."

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-drew-peterson-trial-blog-closing-arguments-in-peterson-trial-20120904,0,94900.htmlstory
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 pm

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez about to begin closing. Jury back in courtroom.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:51 pm

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez referring to DP as Sgt. Peterson during the closing.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says "five weeks and we're finally here." Opens w/ the importance of jury system, talks about bonds jurors forge.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says the state's burden of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt, not 'are you kidding me?'"

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says standard is beyond a reasonable doubt. "Not maybe, not probably."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez reminds jury that state violated trial rules several times. Says people who don't follow the rules are "cheaters."
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:53 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "That’s what you have to do, it’s the presumption of innocence."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "You have to have this little voice in your head tell you, ‘Sgt. Peterson is innocent.’"
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:54 pm

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez sends apparent shout-out to jurors when he talks about how even Bears, Packers must follow rules when they play.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez describes hearsay testimony as "rumor, innuendo and watercooler talk."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says everyone in a divorce says things to gain an advantage. "There is no such thing as a divorce w/out tears."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says this case is "riddled with doubt like a piece of swiss cheese."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says you don't have to like DP, but you have to like the U.S. flag and the constitution.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez say prosecution cannot even tell jury how Peterson entered the house.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "The State hasn’t proven anything in this case; this case is riddled with holes, like a piece of Swiss cheese..it’s all speculation."

avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:13 pm

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez asks jury if they think "Tommy Peterson" would come in here and testify on his father's behalf if DP killed his mom.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says police looked for evidence of foul play at death scene and couldn't find any.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez say prosecution cannot even tell jury how Peterson entered the house.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says tells jurors they have to be careful with hearsay and circumstantial evidence.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez compares hearsay to fishing tale. Says one must believe both hearsay repeater and person who allegedly said it.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez reminds jury that Savio's death initially was ruled an accident.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez tells jury that prosecutors haven't even told them what day or time Savio died.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says "proof beyod a reasonable doubt is the standard here and they haven't even proved" when she died.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:14 pm

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says state did not prove that DP caused bruises. Nor can they place DP in house the weekend that Savio died.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says state pathologist spoke to Kiwanis & pachiderm clubs, while defense expert DiMaio "solved war crimes for UN."
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:19 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "Why do you think they sell those rubber bath mats with the little suction cups?”

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "Are you gong to tell me that no one’s suffered a slip and fall in the bathtub before?"

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: “Is this a massive conspiracy between the FBI and the Illinois State Police to protect Peterson? Of course not! It’s an accident."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "Circumstantial evidence is dangerous. That’s what this case is about, only this and nothing else." #DrewPeterson
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:20 pm

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says state did not prove that DP caused bruises. Nor can they place DP in house the weekend that Savio died.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez says none of the state's witnesses have explained how Savio got bruises. "It was the bathtub."

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson says renowned experts cannot agree on how Savio died. "That is reasonable doubt right there."
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Freckles on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:23 pm



For Alessandra for all the work she has done bringing this to us. Thank you.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16361
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:42 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "You know why Drew didn’t go in there? I’ll tell you why. It’s a divorce case; it’s a bifurcated divorce."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "They can’t tell you when it happened, how it happened...what evidence do you have that Drew Peterson murdered his wife? None."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "The most important thing you should remember is how it is that they made an accident into what they tell you is a homicide."

https://twitter.com/InSession
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Freckles wrote:

For Alessandra for all the work she has done bringing this to us. Thank you.

I second that!! Altho really interested in this trial and hoping to see the look on DP's face when GUILTY verdict is read, I have not been able to pay as close attention as I wanted to. But I've been reading Allessandra's wonderful updates and reports.

Many many thanks!
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:46 pm

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez refers to Baden autopsy as "autopsy gone wild" in apparent wink to barred Girls Gone Wild reference.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez says Savio lived in a nice Bolingbrook neighborhood, not Wisteria Lane.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutor Glasgow objects when Lopez tells jurors he "used to love watching" King of the Hill on Sundays. Judge sustains.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says defense took heat for putting Savio lawyer Harry Smith on the stand, but insists they didn't try to hide him.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez had compared Savio's neighborhood to the "King of the Hill" neighborhood where everyone hangs out together.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez asks jurors why a used condom was found upstairs in Savio's home if she and her boyfriend had sex downstairs Friday'

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez says nobody knows where Savio is at when DP tried to bring the kids back Sunday on weekend she dies.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson prosecution objecting as Lopez says there is no evidence Savio would get part of DP pension. Jury being taken out of room.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson prosecutors say defense never moved to admit a divorce-related court order into evidence. State stipulated to doc at trial.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Freckles wrote:

For Alessandra for all the work she has done bringing this to us. Thank you.

Thank you, Freckles!



avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:57 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "The reason Drew didn’t go into the house was because he wasn’t there on police business; he was following the divorce court order."

avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Prosecutor to Peterson jury: Use 'common sense'

By Graham Winch
updated 1:07 PM EDT, Tue September 04, 2012

Prosecutor Chris Koch began his closing argument in the Drew Peterson murder trial Tuesday by asking the jury to use “common sense” during deliberations.

"'I'm going to kill you.’ That is the statement the defendant told Kathleen Savio just weeks before her death. And on February 29, 2004, that became a reality, as she lay dead in that bathtub at the hands of Drew Peterson… You bring with you your common sense and your life experiences," he said.

"I ask you to keep in mind common sense, common sense. Because it is clear that this man murdered Kathleen Savio," said Koch.

Cuts and bruises on Savio's body have been a major point on contention throughout the trial.

The defense team presented evidence at the trial that Peterson’s third wife died in an accident instead of a homicide. The defense argued that Savio’s injuries happened when she fell in her bathtub and drowned.

Read morre:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/09/04/prosecutor-peterson-jury-use-common-sense?hpt=ts1
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:01 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "They [Illinois State Police] didn’t even know Sgt. Peterson. They didn’t have to protect him, didn’t have to do anything for him."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: “The blue towel’s a fallacy...It’s what in law enforcement is called a red herring, to get your eye off the ball." #DrewPeterson
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Puzzler on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Alessandra....again...TY so much!!
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 pm

SatcyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says "it's a weird accident....(but) people win the lottery with higher odds than that. It happens."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says everyone at death scene classified it as an accident, "except the state wants you to believe it's murder."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says Illinois State Police didn't know DP so they had no reason to protect him or cut him any slack.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says state police never asked DP if he killed Savio. "You know why? Because they knew it was an accident."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez: State's experts can't agree on injuries. "That's not proof beyond a reasonable doubt. That is reasonable doubt."

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez asks why Savio's sisters didn't tell police that DP had threatened their sister after she died if it were true.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez: If you think DP killed your sister "you don't say it on Greta Van Susteren (3 yrs later) you say it right there."

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez now going thru various experts, showing how all are respected but reached different conclusions.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez says gash on back of Savio's head was "size of grand canyon." Don't you think that would knock you out, he asks.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson atty Lopez says "if they can't prove it's a murder, who cares what (Stacy pastor) Neil Schori said."

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutor Glasgow angrily objects to Lopez's second reference to "autopsies gone wild." Judge sustains this time.

StacyStClair
#DrewPeterson atty Lopez says jurors should use "common sense" when looking at Savio's head wound and decide whether it could knock her out.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-twitter-20120731,0,5381027.htmlstory
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Puzzler wrote:Alessandra....again...TY so much!!

You are welcome. :)
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 pm

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "When something like this happens, all the rats come out of the wood pile and start spewing vermin.”

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: “All the ISP [Illinois State Police] reports are inaccurate? It’s all a big conspiracy to help Sgt. Peterson?"

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: “Drew said he wouldn’t kill the mother of his children. He loves his children more than he hates his ex-wife."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "If you’re going to fall like that, something’s going to get compressed, and it’s her toes; she’s longer than the tub."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "...have been in the hospital; she definitely would have had a lot of stitches in her head.”

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: “If she would have fallen and there was no water in that tub and she would have survived that, she definitely would..."

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "...And she was the one. And they want to make it a murder!” #DrewPeterson

In Session ‏@InSession
Lopez: "People slip and have household accidents all the time...at least 1.6 people out of a million die in the bath tub..."

https://twitter.com/InSession
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Freckles on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Lopez sounds like a jerk! He appears rude and out of control. He has NOTHING of substance to offer for his client's defense, nothing for rebuttal. He can only emotionally insult and attack the words, the witnesses of the state. If I was on the jury, I would wonder just what this attorney is trying to hide from the court. His manner is so offensive I would be completely turned off on his client. And that is without even weighing in the state's case. Brrr. I am angry.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16361
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Drew Peterson Peterson trial updates: Drew Peterson killed Kathleen Savio in cold blood'

(VIDEO)
Drew Peterson trial Tuesday, September 4th recap
Tuesday's end of day update by Chicago Tribune reporter Matthew Walberg

By Steve Schmadeke, Matthew Walberg and
Stacy St. Clair
Tribune reporters
4:27 p.m. CDT, September 4, 2012

___________________________________________________________

4:20 p.m. Deliberations to begin Wednesday

The judge released the jury for the day, saying he "did not anticipate that the arguments would take as long as they did."

Judge Edward Burmila told the jury to return Wednesday morning when he will give them their instructions and they will begin deliberating.

____________________________________________________________

3:30 p.m. Glasgow ends rebuttal

State’s Attorney James Glasgow has ended his rebuttal.

“In this case you combine all of the evidence -- the scientific evidence from the expert, all of the circumstantial evidence that's been admitted regarding the physical attacks... (and) Stacy's statements most importantly, and the defendant's statements to the media showing consciousness of guilt — we don't have to prove each beyond a reasonable doubt,” Glasgow said. “But when combined...you can absolutely see that we have proven this beyond a reasonable doubt. It's solid, it's real, and it proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Drew Peterson killed Kathleen Savio in cold blood. And we ask that you return a verdict of guilty. Thank you.”

The judge recessed the trial for 30 minutes to allow the jurors to eat lunch before he reads them the jury instructions.

____________________________________________________________

3:20 p.m. Witness statement 'rings true'

State’s Attorney James Glasgow quickly went through the testimony of Kristin Anderson and Mary Parks, who testified about how Kathleen Savio told them of threats made by Peterson and later tried to call police when they learned of her death.

In Anderson's case, “she made three separate phone calls to the state police,” Glasgow said. ““She made every effort to report it, and it fell on deaf ears.”

Savio’s sister Anna Doman, he said, told the jury that Savio said weeks before her death that Peterson threatened to kill her.

“That statement, based on all the facts and circumstances in this case, rings true. And that's what happened.”

____________________________________________________________

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-trial-updates-closing-arguments-today-20120904,0,2343423.story
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Jury in Peterson trial to get instructions Wednesday



C. Hayes
WGN NEWS
4:29 p.m. CDT, September 4, 2012

JOLIET, Ill.—
The jury in the Drew Peterson murder trial was dismissed for the day Tuesday afternoon. They will be read their instructions tomorrow morning.

Earlier Tuesday, the prosecution and defense delivered their closing arguments.

The prosecution kicked off the closing statements, and they didn't waste any time blaming Peterson for Kathleen Savio's death.

Assistant State’s Attorney Chris Koch walked the jury through Forensic Pathologists Dr. Blum’s testimony. Blum testified the cut on Savio's head and bruises on her body couldn’t be caused by a fall. Koch said her toes were “jammed” in the tub, and not one single thing around the tub was out of place.

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-peterson-case-could-go-to-jury-by-end-of-day-20120904,0,6270643.story
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by junie4justice on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Alessandra_Deux, I want to thank you VERY MUCH for posting all these updates on the case. I'm too involved in a couple of other cases to be able to follow this one closer. So, with all your hard work I'm able to get to the bottom line without missing anything on what's happening.
You are great!
avatar
junie4justice

Posts : 193
Join date : 2012-05-12
Location : So. Calif
Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Peterson trial blog: Jury instructions to be read Wednesday

Kelly Barnicle
WGN News
4:26 p.m. CDT, September 4, 2012

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 4:25 p.m. Jury has been dismissed for the day. They will be read instructions in the morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 2:11 p.m. Trial on a short break, rebuttal to begin after. The judge has extended time for both sides; a little over two hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 2:08 p.m. The defense told the jury to think about Harry Smith laughed on the stand. Lopez then pointed to a Cheshire cat he had on the screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 2:03 p.m. Joe Lopez said divorce attorney Harry Smith was laughing at the state's case when testified. Lopez told the jury that Stacy just wanted to "squeeze Drew," for money. Lopez said it was a campaign of rumors and lies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 1:40 p.m. Joe Lopez has told the jury that the two closest people to Kathleen Savio, her neighbor Mary Pontarelli and her boyfriend Steve Maniaci, didn't know about the threats Drew made or that Kathleen kept a knife under her mattress. "Basically, Kathy made it up," Lopez said, "after she was served with a summons.” Lopez then said to the jury "especially when it comes to Steve, she never told Steve about any of this stuff?" Lopez said that Kathy didn’t have credibility if she didn't tell her two best friends and said she only spread the stories as "retaliation."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 4, 1:32 p.m. Joe Lopez going thru a list of possibilities that could have contributed to her passing out. Lopez speculated she could have had a seizure, heart problems and told the jurors there were times where Kathleen Savio self medicated. Toxicology results came back negative for Kathleen Savio.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more:

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-drew-peterson-trial-blog-closing-arguments-in-peterson-trial-20120904,0,94900.htmlstory
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:03 pm

junie4justice wrote:Alessandra_Deux, I want to thank you VERY MUCH for posting all these updates on the case. I'm too involved in a couple of other cases to be able to follow this one closer. So, with all your hard work I'm able to get to the bottom line without missing anything on what's happening.
You are great!

You are welcome. Thank you so much for your kind words. :)
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by wonderingwhy on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Yes, Allessandra_Deux, we really do appreciate all your posts and keeping us informed!
avatar
wonderingwhy

Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Freckles on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:47 pm

" September 4, 1:40 p.m. Joe Lopez has told the jury that the two closest people to Kathleen Savio, her neighbor Mary Pontarelli and her boyfriend Steve Maniaci, didn't know about the threats Drew made or that Kathleen kept a knife under her mattress. "Basically, Kathy made it up," Lopez said, "after she was served with a summons.” Lopez then said to the jury "especially when it comes to Steve, she never told Steve about any of this stuff?" Lopez said that Kathy didn’t have credibility if she didn't tell her two best friends and said she only spread the stories as "retaliation."
--- BS. How many women have kept secret rapes they have been a victim of? Yeah. Does it mean it did not happen just because they never talked about it? Maybe it was just too personal. (Only one of my friends knew how bad my marriage was. I did not tell family nor any of my other friends or co-workers. It was not their business. I wasn't tossing it out there just for gossip.) This logic does not work and does not impact HER credibility.

" September 4, 1:32 p.m. Joe Lopez going thru a list of possibilities that could have contributed to her passing out. Lopez speculated she could have had a seizure, heart problems and told the jurors there were times where Kathleen Savio self medicated. Toxicology results came back negative for Kathleen Savio. "

--- Not with those injuries!!! I am not buying it.

**** What is the gender split of the jury???
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16361
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Freckles wrote:" September 4, 1:40 p.m. Joe Lopez has told the jury that the two closest people to Kathleen Savio, her neighbor Mary Pontarelli and her boyfriend Steve Maniaci, didn't know about the threats Drew made or that Kathleen kept a knife under her mattress. "Basically, Kathy made it up," Lopez said, "after she was served with a summons.” Lopez then said to the jury "especially when it comes to Steve, she never told Steve about any of this stuff?" Lopez said that Kathy didn’t have credibility if she didn't tell her two best friends and said she only spread the stories as "retaliation."
--- BS. How many women have kept secret rapes they have been a victim of? Yeah. Does it mean it did not happen just because they never talked about it? Maybe it was just too personal. (Only one of my friends knew how bad my marriage was. I did not tell family nor any of my other friends or co-workers. It was not their business. I wasn't tossing it out there just for gossip.) This logic does not work and does not impact HER credibility.

" September 4, 1:32 p.m. Joe Lopez going thru a list of possibilities that could have contributed to her passing out. Lopez speculated she could have had a seizure, heart problems and told the jurors there were times where Kathleen Savio self medicated. Toxicology results came back negative for Kathleen Savio. "

--- Not with those injuries!!! I am not buying it.

**** What is the gender split of the jury???

Seven men and five women.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:54 pm

just catching up, thanks Alessandra for all the links. It's so nice to get in for the day and just have the convenience you provided to all of us by sharing links on the day's proceeding. I've been able to read up on the case from the links, a real time saver, I agree with everyone, Alessandra, you have been so kind to share the links and the time reported from the links helps alot.

I am so spoiled being able to watch trials, I have been disappointed that I haven't gotten to see DP'S face and gotten an idea of how the juror's see him. His over the top wise guy attorney's may have hurt him in the court room, their behavior has probably made a less than positive impression on the juror's. BUT, their behavior isn't evidence, only offensive and hurtful. imo, the most irksome thing about DP is the lack of respect he projects about the women that have been in his life, the attitude he projects that he is smarter than everybody else, even smart enough to even get away with murder, or so he thinks.

I am so nervous/anxious, geeeeez louissssse, this murderer, the possible murderer of not one but 2 women just can't go free. I pray the jury really does give Kathleen all the consideration she deserves, she is the victim, something the Defense has forgotten, especially in their opinions of Kathleen. imo, there is enough to convict the scumbag for murder. Just because DP'S son thinks he is innocent, imo, that means nothing. DP is the only parent remaining and the 2 boy's a lot younger when Kathleen was murdered, children seem to cling to the only parent left. The son that was in the courtroom and testified, was approximately 10 years old at the time of his mom's murder. Many opinions were formed about Kathleen from the manipulation and lies a murderer told.

If a juror believes Kathleen's death to be NO ACCIDENT, it actually was a murder, then logically in my mind they have to ask themselves who gained from her death. It seems DP benefited greatly, I can't see any other person that had any motive to harm Kathleen, but DP has endless reasons for wanting her dead.

In my mind, it's just that simple.


Last edited by art tart on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 am; edited 3 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Final rumble for attorneys in murder trial

By Steve Schmadeke, Matthew Walberg,
Chicago Tribune reporters
9:46 p.m. CDT, September 4, 2012

~Snipped~

Prosecutors took a fairly straightforward approach in their closings, urging jurors to look at the accumulated evidence including hearsay statements from Savio's friends, family and acquaintances that she feared Peterson would kill her as well as expert testimony that her death was a murder.

Defense attorney Joseph Lopez took a more colorful, sometimes rambling approach, larding his closing argument with pop culture references as well as metaphors of pie-eating cats and water balloons and anecdotes about his 4-year-old son.

He relied heavily on a slide presentation that began with a warning to jurors. "This case is about Kathy — not Stacy," the PowerPoint slide read with yellow text on a black background. "Do not forget that."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-trial-0905-20120905,0,624247.story
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 am

Attorneys in Peterson trial deliver closings

September 4, 2012
Michael Tarm Associated Press

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/sep/04/attorneys-in-peterson-trial-deliver-closings/
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 am

Drew Peterson murder trial: Jurors to get the case Wednesday

Updated at 10:33 PM today



September 4, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Jurors in the Drew Peterson murder trial will begin deliberating the fate of the ex-Bolingbrook police sergeant Wednesday morning.

Closing arguments were heard on Tuesday. After both sides were heard, Judge Edward Burmila sent the jurors home. They are to report back Wednesday at 9 a.m. for jury instructions.

Read more:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8797893
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:23 am



http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-peterson-case-could-go-to-jury-by-end-of-day-20120904,0,6270643.story
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:29 am

Jury To Begin Deliberating Drew Peterson’s Fate

September 5, 2012 5:35 AM

JOLIET, Ill. (CBS) — Is Drew Peterson a cold-blooded killer, or a victim of an overzealous prosecution?

As CBS 2’s Susanna Song and Mike Puccinelli report, jurors will begin deliberating that question Wednesday morning in Peterson’s high-profile murder trial.

Read more:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/09/05/jury-to-begin-deliberating-drew-petersons-fate/
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:37 am

Defense to jury: 'Nothing but doubt in this case'

By Graham Winch
updated 6:45 PM EDT, Tue September 04, 2012

•Drew Peterson is on trial for killing third wife, Kathleen Savio
•Defense attorney: 'The framers of the Constitution would barf at this evidence'


Defense attorney Joe Lopez said in closing arguments of the Drew Peterson murder trial Tuesday that America’s founding fathers would be sickened by the evidence the prosecution presented during its case.

“The framers of the Constitution would barf at this evidence! There’s nothing but doubt in this case," Lopez said. "People get on the TV and lie, just like they do in this courtroom… People lie when it’s for their own agenda.”

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/09/04/defense-case-makes-framers-constitution-barf?hpt=ts1
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:53 am

"Lopez said to think of Savio head injury like a water balloon hitting ground. Doesn't need a lot of velocity to do damage".
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:01 am

(Snippets of the closing arguments)

Peterson closing

September 04, 2012|By Matthew Walberg, Chicago Tribune reporter

~Snipped~

STATE SUMMATION: Koch

"'I'm going to kill you, you are not going to make it to the divorce settlement. You're not going to get the pensions, you're not going to get the kids.' That is the statement the defendant made to the victim weeks before her death. And you know what, ladies and gentlemen? That threat became reality."

"The issue becomes, did she drown at the hands of the defendant, and the answer is yes." After saying there is no dispute that Kathleen Savio drowned.

"What in the world was he cleaning the bathtub for? He said it was so the kids wouldn't see it. But the kids weren't there. Why clean the bathtub? You know what? Murderers sometimes go back to the scene to make sure they got it right." On Drew Peterson's behavior at Savio's home the day after her body was discovered.

"The motive is clear — 'I don't want to pay you anything.' The intent is clear — he had a knife to her throat." On Peterson's alleged attack on Savio in her home in July 2002.

"It wasn't 'If she had information', it wasn't 'I might have information.' It was 'I have information about how he killed Kathy.' How." On Stacy Peterson's alleged phone conversation with divorce attorney Harry Smith in October 2007 in which prosecutors say she asked whether she could use her knowledge of Savio's murder to get more money out of Drew Peterson in a divorce.

"Taking all of that information together and drawing reasonable inference from them ... we have proved to you beyond a reasonable doubt that he entered that home with the intent to kill her, that he forced her down, that he held her under water to cause her to drown, and she died, and because of that, ladies and gentleman, we are asking you to find him guilty."

Read more:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-09-04/news/ct-met-drew-peterson-trial-closing-20120905_1_kathleen-savio-drew-peterson-bathtub
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 am

In Session @InSession
Judge Burmila: “...faithful performance by you of your duties as jurors is vital to the administration of justice.” #DrewPeterson

In Session @InSession
Judge: “I will now instruct you in the law..it is your duty to determine the facts, and determine them only from the evidence in this case.”
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 am

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge tells jury that hitman testimony can only be used to determine if DP had the intent to kill Savio

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge tells jury that DP did not have to prove his innocence, they can't hold it against him that he didn't testify. Standard.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge reading instructions. Boilerplate stuff about the fact that they alone judge witness credibility, evidence reliability.

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury entering courtroom. No longer coordinating clothing.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jury instructions over. Alternates being separated. Deliberations begin at 9:35.

StacyStClair
Jury deliberations began at 9:35, but courtroom clock is two minutes fast so some are going with that as official time.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

In Session ‏@InSession
Breaking news: The jury in the #DrewPeterson trial has the case. Deliberations began at 10:37 a.m. ET
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21138
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Drew Peterson Trial Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum