Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by Guest on Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Seth and his wife wanted to get Adam out of the house and took him to dinner with another single friend. I don't know about the hand holding bit. Must have missed that. I don't see anything wrong with trying to get him out of the house and around other people.

Chickenbutt, I agree, I too don't see a problem w/it but the State did, I think I read somewhere it had been brought up.

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Kaufman Murder Trial (murder of Eleonora Kaufman - 11/7/07 - Aventura, FL)

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 pm

That;s funny that the state sees something wrong with it. I see many things wrong with them Laughing
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Admission: Detective Anna Howell, left, who was the lead CSI investigator in the death of Eleonora Kaufman, 33, admitted that she had an affair with Detective Anthony Angula, right, a 'gotcha' moment for the defence

Defence attorney William Matthewman asked Howell if it was true that she had intimate relations with Angula.

Howell danced around answering the question, instead telling the court: ‘I am married and I have three kids and my job is important to me,’ according to
NBC Miami.

She later said that her husband was aware of the affair, adding: ‘I am happily married and I don’t have any issues with that any longer.’

The tension reached boiling point when Matthewman accused Howell of perjury and asked simply – yes or no – if she had an affair with the detective.

More...Yes,’ she answered, before storming out of the courtroom, according to CBS Miami.

The ‘gotcha’ moment was damaging to the prosecution, who is accusing Kaufman of strangling his wife in their Florida home in 2007.

'The state's evidence cannot even prove that a homicide occurred, let alone that Adam Kaufman did it,' said defence attorney Bill Matthewman.

The prosecution acknowledged that it took state medical examiners 18 months to issue a finding that Lina Kaufman's death was murder, but Mansfield said that was due to all possible alternatives being considered.

'This case is a tragedy of errors. An innocent man was charged with a non-existent crime, this is a prosecution in search of a crime,' said Matthewman.

The death of Lina Kaufman came to national prominence when her husband was charged with her murder in 2009, 18 months after her death and only when Kaufman complained to the medical examiner's office about the amount of time spent on the investigation.

The court also heard from Larissa Adamyan, Lina's best friend who said that she had seen her friend have at least one fainting spell.

'She was dizzy, she called she called me. She was dizzy and on the floor,” said Adamyan according to CBS Miami

The defence have hired Dr. Michael Bodden, the former medical examiner for New York City to debunk the prosecutions claims.

Currently free on bail of $500,000, Kaufam could be sentenced to life imprisonment if he is convicted.

http://midufingaamerica.blogspot.com/2012/05/married-crime-scene-investigator-admits.html

ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Admission: Detective Anna Howell, left, who was the lead CSI investigator in the death of Eleonora Kaufman, 33, admitted that she had an affair with Detective Anthony Angula, right, a 'gotcha' moment for the defence

Defence attorney William Matthewman asked Howell if it was true that she had intimate relations with Angula.

Howell danced around answering the question, instead telling the court: ‘I am married and I have three kids and my job is important to me,’ according to
NBC Miami.

She later said that her husband was aware of the affair, adding: ‘I am happily married and I don’t have any issues with that any longer.’

The tension reached boiling point when Matthewman accused Howell of perjury and asked simply – yes or no – if she had an affair with the detective.

More...Yes,’ she answered, before storming out of the courtroom, according to CBS Miami.

The ‘gotcha’ moment was damaging to the prosecution, who is accusing Kaufman of strangling his wife in their Florida home in 2007.

'The state's evidence cannot even prove that a homicide occurred, let alone that Adam Kaufman did it,' said defence attorney Bill Matthewman.

The prosecution acknowledged that it took state medical examiners 18 months to issue a finding that Lina Kaufman's death was murder, but Mansfield said that was due to all possible alternatives being considered.

'This case is a tragedy of errors. An innocent man was charged with a non-existent crime, this is a prosecution in search of a crime,' said Matthewman.

The death of Lina Kaufman came to national prominence when her husband was charged with her murder in 2009, 18 months after her death and only when Kaufman complained to the medical examiner's office about the amount of time spent on the investigation.

The court also heard from Larissa Adamyan, Lina's best friend who said that she had seen her friend have at least one fainting spell.

'She was dizzy, she called she called me. She was dizzy and on the floor,” said Adamyan according to CBS Miami

The defence have hired Dr. Michael Bodden, the former medical examiner for New York City to debunk the prosecutions claims.

Currently free on bail of $500,000, Kaufam could be sentenced to life imprisonment if he is convicted.

http://midufingaamerica.blogspot.com/2012/05/married-crime-scene-investigator-admits.html

ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook

Last edited by art tart on Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu May 24, 2012 10:40 pm

I have never seen a pic of Det Angula before. Thank you
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Sorry guys, I don't have the picture posting thing down, but I can tell you one thing for sure:

DETECTIVE Howell + DETECTIVE Angula = HOT MESS!

Last edited by art tart on Thu May 24, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu May 24, 2012 10:41 pm

lolol..you got that right!
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM on Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 am

Art, you are funny! Hot mess indeed. This whole case is!

Suz, I agree with a lot of what you are saying. IMO, there is no way that 'magazine rack' could cause those injuries to her neck. I also wonder if anyone measured from the toilet to the rack to see if her neck would even get that far (my hips to my neck is less than 2 feet and I am pretty tall). Plus, how could her neck be on that without her head having hit the wall? It just makes no sense to me.

And sometimes people do just snap and kill in the heat of the moment. Like was said, no one knows what goes on between a couple behind closed doors.

I too think the mom really slanted her story to support Adam. Probably for all the reasons Suz mentioned. Clearly she told LE Lina had no health problems at the beginning, then changed to all these fainting/headaches now. So something is fishy with her, I think.

All that being said, I don't think the State is proving their case and this was a badly bungled investigation.
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri May 25, 2012 10:04 am

Good morning! Thanks to everyone for their summaries and commentary....I am so interested in this trial, but can only duck in to see testimony here and there - dang it.

LE and the State - or the "government" as the defense puts it! - does seem to have done a very sloppy and unprofessional job in the investigation and trial presentation.

But I still cannot reconcile in my mind how Lena suffered such deep neck injuries if she simply fell from the toilet to the magazine rack. How could there be enough force to cause those injuries? If she did faint or have a heart condition, wouldn't she "slump" forward rather than "crash" forward?

My other "hinky" is the change of clothes by Adam (I think this is what I remember) from T-shirt and boxers to a suit/dress shirt/cologne at the hospital.

Doesn't make sense...and if it doesn't make sense, it makes me question "why"...

Again - thanks to all for your observations!
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri May 25, 2012 10:33 am

Weezie, Icannot reconcile in my mind about the deep muscle injuries in her neck either.
But, maybe I can help you about the clothes.
IMO, LE and first repsonders saw SETH at the house with shirt, shorts and flip flops. Seth's wife testified that that is what he wore when they got the call to the house. I think Seth changed his clothes into his suit before going to the hospital. I am also unsure of whether LE and first responders even knew there was a twin during this time and they all saw Adam and Seth at various times and didn't realize they were looking at 2 different people.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri May 25, 2012 10:42 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Weezie, Icannot reconcile in my mind about the deep muscle injuries in her neck either.
But, maybe I can help you about the clothes.
IMO, LE and first repsonders saw SETH at the house with shirt, shorts and flip flops. Seth's wife testified that that is what he wore when they got the call to the house. I think Seth changed his clothes into his suit before going to the hospital. I am also unsure of whether LE and first responders even knew there was a twin during this time and they all saw Adam and Seth at various times and didn't realize they were looking at 2 different people.

Thanks, CB.

Pondering: Could Lena tell Adam and Seth apart????????
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 25, 2012 10:47 am

Chester_from_THM wrote:Art, you are funny! Hot mess indeed. This whole case is!

Suz, I agree with a lot of what you are saying. IMO, there is no way that 'magazine rack' could cause those injuries to her neck. I also wonder if anyone measured from the toilet to the rack to see if her neck would even get that far (my hips to my neck is less than 2 feet and I am pretty tall). Plus, how could her neck be on that without her head having hit the wall? It just makes no sense to me.

And sometimes people do just snap and kill in the heat of the moment. Like was said, no one knows what goes on between a couple behind closed doors.

I too think the mom really slanted her story to support Adam. Probably for all the reasons Suz mentioned. Clearly she told LE Lina had no health problems at the beginning, then changed to all these fainting/headaches now. So something is fishy with her, I think.

All that being said, I don't think the State is proving their case and this was a badly bungled investigation.

Chester, it's just a shame, it's very possible that Adam did murder Lena, & it's outrageous imo the mistakes that have been made by the State.

At least in KC's trial, I knew the Prosecutor's really believed in their case, Ashton projected his passion, I had no doubt they wanted to convict KC's sorry butt. For some reason in this case, I know the prosecutor's would like a conviction but NOT badly enough to prep these witnessses, to pressure the ME to locate slides he couldn't find for years, etc. It would seem the State had to know that this Defense wouldn't let anything go, especially since the ME that testified didn't even do the autopsy.

I agree, Lena's mom did slant her story but she loves him, I do believe she thinks of him as a son as she stated, apparently he did treat Lena well in her eyes, he treated his in-laws well & included both families in family gatherings, & has been the only parent for Lena's children since her death, apparently too, doing a good job. All those things + the bumbling of the State's case/witnesses, lends itself to a NOT Guilty verdict imo. This, imo, is one of those cases that created reasonable doubt for a multitude of reasons, all avoidable imo by the State's people had they really been doing their job.

The ME taking so long w/Lena's mom calling repeatedly really irked me, NO ONE should have to put up with that, ME's are paid by the taxpayer's w/Dr. Himi making $ 250,000.00, they have an obligation to do the job in a timely manner, because they couldn't determine the cause of death for so long further weakens their case imo. ME's are elected in La. in the cities I have lived in, Dr. Hima might need to consider retiring & allowing a younger ME that is more passionate & agressive in their representation of victim's. Dr. Himi PRODUCING the lost slides after being LOST for years too irked me, ONLY when he felt like a moron on the stand for his disorganization did he FINALLY produce them. It was hard to determine which made him look worse, the slides being lost for years or producing them overnight claiming they "were on an assistant's desk," he just looked jaded & I too didn't trust him.

The closing arguments are going to be really good by the Defense, I hope the STATE is trying to find their passion before they attempt to present their closing. Sadly, this may well be a case that a guilty man goes free just because the case wasn't proven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 am

weezie shared:

Pondering: Could Lena tell Adam and Seth apart??????

------------------------------
weezie, Yesterday someone on IN SESSION said one brother had a widow's peak, one brother didn't. I was amazed at how much their bodies appeared to be the same. Another aspect of this trial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 25, 2012 11:02 am

Adam Kaufman Supported By Wife's Mother in Murder Trial

Frida Aizman told the jury she loves Adam Kaufman "like her own son," and said she's even closer with him now than she was before her daughter's death. He has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder.

VIDEO/ARTICLE

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Adam-Kaufman-Supported-By-Wifes-Mother-in-Murder-Trial-153775805.html

VIDEO/ARTICLE

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Testimony-in-Aventura-Murder-Trial-Continues-153276175.html

JMO, this Judge has done a terrible job in this case, she doesn't speak sternly or authoritative.

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Fri May 25, 2012 12:59 pm

I am right there with you Art Tart. I don't know of any other explanation for the deep bruising on Lina's neck. However, there are hinky things there too. If a strangulation occurred, even with another instrument ie: towel, belt....wouldn't the hyoid bone be broken? It is my understanding that it wasn't. I don't know. In any case, the STate did not prove their case. What they managed to do was hightlight the pure imcompetence of the investigation. By not calling Det. Angulo, it underscores that point. I would vote NG. I wouldn't vote innocent, but NG. State failed.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri May 25, 2012 1:26 pm

I agree with everything you said Tess...add me to the list of confused about the deep muscle damage but an intact hyoid bone. The state is a mess and I vote NG...I am leaning toward innocent too, but definately NG.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 25, 2012 1:31 pm

TessTruhart & Chickenbutt, EVEN Vinnie has called this a "botched investigation."

There are TOO MANY Stinky Hinky elements in this case that we all agreed on. imo, besides the Investigator's being fired or demoted, the STATE needs to be taken to task too, such a poor testimony of the ME, it is UNACCEPTABLE under any circumstances that it took 18 months to get the report from the ME!

I VOTE NOT GUILTY because the State didn't prove their case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chester_from_THM on Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 pm

I would have to vote NG too and think the state does not have the passion for this case, like art.

I missed why the coroner ruled this is mechanical strangulation, or whatever the term is. How do they know he did not do this with his hands?

I also think this judge is a bit wacky and seems not in control of the courtroom. Yesterday, one of the def attorney's was eating his lunch at the def table while judge was hearing the motion. She finally looked at him and said something like 'I just can't have you eating in the courtroom'

DUH, and the people coming up to Adam and hugging him all the time. People seem to be wandering in and out of the courtroom at anytime. It seems to be a big mess to me.
Chester_from_THM

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 pm

I am wondering why the state decided to prosecute this case at all. Did they not see that their evidence was not consistent with a conviction? Did they not see that LE botched the investigaton? Why would they go to trial knowing that their case is a mess?
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri May 25, 2012 1:53 pm

I have IS on...they are replaying Dr. Gwin...when did he testify? I must have missed him altogether.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Fri May 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I can't remember who Dr. Gwin is?
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Sun May 27, 2012 9:46 am

Clark asked how many failed intubation attempts, should paramedics allow before they decide to go to the hospital? Smile said the most recent study in Ohio, showed that roughly 80% of intubation attempts done in the field are successful but 1 in 5 are not. Protocols are in place for unsuccessful intubation, so it's urgent to get the patient to the hospital as "quickly as possible." If an airway can't be established, a rescue airway is put in. He agreed that the bruising found on the front and sides of the neck were compatible with hands placed on the neck to position the head for an intubation attempt.
Asked about bruising after death, the doctor said a lot depends on whether CPR was being done. He's seen a deceased patient develop bruising after death while CPR was still being done. In order to bruise from a broken blood vessel, there must be some blood pressure and CPR could be enough for this to happen.
A photo from the second autopsy was placed on the screen showing discoloration on the front and right side of Sarah's neck. The doctor said, "this indicates to me compressive force." He said the discoloration on the right side of her neck looked like a thumb mark that could have been from an emergency worker. The front of the neck looked like direct pressure had been applied and along with the thumb mark on the side of the neck would be consistent with pressure to the cricoid or thyroid cartilages while attempting the Sellick maneuver. Clark then placed a diagram of the neck next to the photo of Sarah’s neck and the doctor said the center of her neck, is where the cartilage is.
Clark asked the doctor if he was familiar with Sudden Unexplained Cardiac Death. He said he learned about it during his residency and saw it happen in the emergency room a number of times. It occurs within 24 hours from the onset of symptoms. Some cases are explainable, but sometimes the autopsy doesn't indicate any kind of problem. The death is usually caused by an irregular rhythm in the heart that could be caused by a number of factors. An electrically unstable heart can be caused by "membrane abnormalities" and strenuous exercise, or an emotional upset can trigger a cardiac arrest. He also read a Japanese study that said taking a hot bath has been associated in a sudden death.
He said the older you get, the more likely you are to have sudden cardiac death, but it does occur in young people too (those who are 35 and under). Sometimes there are warning signs such as a person having a dizzy spell or fainting spell. An electrically unstable heart can have 200 beats a minute and make the person dizzy, pass out, or have palpitations in their chest.

This post was from another website. I find it very, very interesting. The poster looked up how brusing could occur in the neck and found this from another trial, although she couldn't remember the trial. It goes a long way to possibly explain things. I wonder if the defense has this formation.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Sun May 27, 2012 10:39 am

Tess....I hadn't thought of "cric pressure" while attempting to intubate. But it is common practice for a second person to apply cric pressure to the throat while another attemtps to intubate. Geez, I have been retired too long Very Happy
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Sun May 27, 2012 10:39 am

Where is KZ when you need her?
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 27, 2012 11:17 am

Chickenbutt wrote:I am wondering why the state decided to prosecute this case at all. Did they not see that their evidence was not consistent with a conviction? Did they not see that LE botched the investigaton? Why would they go to trial knowing that their case is a mess?

Chickenbutt, they ask this question on IN SESSION. Mike Brooks & I think Vinnie said "it should have been tried" & 2 others said "they didn't think it should have been." I don't remember which 2.

The problems I have are: Did the State read the depositions the Defense did of Dr. Himi? why did the State think the length of time, 18 months, to get a cause of death was gonig to be acceptable? Did the State know Dr. Himi didn't do the autopsy? Did the State know about the affair? Did the State know about the lack of competency at the scene, did they know evidence wasn't gathered?

It seems perhaps they didn't know about the affair, but the blatantly poor job the Crime Scene Tech did had to be apparent.

imo, they might have felt pressured to try this case but imo, it probably should have not been brought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Sun May 27, 2012 11:30 am

I PM'd KZ, she hasn't been following this case, but she said she would drop by later to help me understand if "cric pressure" on the neck during intubation attempts, could have caused the neck bruising. I'm looking forward to her expertise.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

I agree with you Art, but riddle me this....Why would the pros bring a case against Adam knowing their case is a mess? If pressure was being applied to prosecute this case, why didn't they get their ducks in a row and have at least something to show it was possible he did it? They have only succeeded in making themselves look like keystone kops. If they knew they didn't have a case, they should have said no to whomever was applying the pressure. Not stood up there for God and everyone to see looking like fools.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 27, 2012 11:45 am

Chickenbutt wrote:I PM'd KZ, she hasn't been following this case, but she said she would drop by later to help me understand if "cric pressure" on the neck during intubation attempts, could have caused the neck bruising. I'm looking forward to her expertise.

excellent thought CB, KZ can explain it in layman's terms to those of us not in the medical field.

Another thing too, Adam is such a big guy, if he manually strangled Lina, it seems you could see his finger marks causing brusing easily on the neck but it sounds like Jean Casaress thinks it could have been a tie or belt, although NONE were collected at the crime scene to check for DNA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Sun May 27, 2012 11:48 am

Personally I don't think he strangled her..manually or otherwise. I just don't think he killed her. But I am still stumped by the neck injuries.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Sun May 27, 2012 11:53 am

Has anyone seen a published copy of the autopsy report? Is there one?
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun May 27, 2012 11:28 pm

stark, you mentioned that there was survelliance that Lina is the only one on the survelliance that eveninig, do you remember a source for that?

I posted it somewhere & I am being challenged. It makes perfect sense that a Gated Community had survelliance, but it was brought up in the trial that some officier's thought Adam's car was hot or had a ticking sound.

I dread to see Dr. Biden, money whore imo, he & LK Baden get on my last nerve. He screws up so much, GOD knows what he is going to say.

OMG! remember the outrageous testimony he did in the Ted Binion trial? He said these marks on Binion's chest were caused by Berkng or Birthing, can't remember the term, but the fact is, they were moles on Binion's body & had always been there, that was shown in the 2nd trial.

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Mon May 28, 2012 2:04 am

Hi all!
I haven't been folowing this case, but now wish I had. (Thank you, Mme Poultry Derriere!) I have read all 15 pages here, and the links. Wow. I am short on time tonight (need to be up early for a sad family situation), but will throw in a bit before I sleep.

First-- would REALLY like to read the autopsy. REALLY. Is it out there somewhere?

Second-- why the "heck" wasn't the trainee/ student who actually DID the autopsy tracked down by the defense as a witness?? So what if they don't still work there! Subpoena them as a witness, FTLOG.

Third-The story of "missed congestive heart failure and passed out on a magazine rack" cause of death in an arguably healthy 33 yo-- I call sincere BS. If indeed she did have deep muscle damage (bilateral/ circumferential?), coupled with petechial hemorrhages around and in her eyes, and bruising on her neck-- she was almost certainly strangled. I don't know by who or why-- but in order to get bilateral petechiae and bilateral deep damage, the "positioning" that caused the damage would have to be bilateral/ circumferential. That flimsy magazine rack, bidet (bidet in the U.S.?!), and toliet wouldn't produce circumferential damage of that magnitude if she passed out on them. Her torso weight isn't enough, imo, to produce that kind of damage if she was passed out. Something was around her neck. And the hyoid bond needn't be broken for strangulation to occur-- just occlusion of the carotids and jugulars. Bilaterally-- unless the autopsy showed complete unilateral carotid occlusion on the opposite side of the neck from the magazine rack occlusion, in an otherwise healthy 33yo, lol! (No way.) And then, I doubt there would be the petechiae around the eyes with only one side occluded.

My first impressions-- someone strangled this woman. IDK if it was her hubby (or the twin), or who. But I really don't believe she had sudden (on the toilet!) right heart failure with fulminant pulmonary edema, passed on the the magazine rack (or toilet or bidet), then had a bungled intubation (ROFLMAO) that produced bruising on her neck and deep damage. No, valsalva and constipation wouldn't have done that either. She looks to weigh about 120 lbs max in pics-- great looking airway-- any middle school student could have been coached to intubate her (minus the frothy airway stuff). No need for ridiculous cricoid pressure with intubation-- she is THIN! She may have been partially strangled, producing the frothy stuff while still alive.

I really would like to read the damage on the autopsy-- is this available anywhere? Better descriptions of pics of neck? Coags? Meds? Past med history? Was there cartilage fracture? Ring damage to the trachea? Etc.

My Hinky Meter is clanging. 18 mos for cause of death???

I think it's odd the defense is going down the natural causes path. It seems from the bits I've read that she was strangled, but maybe not by the defendant.

All of the above just my opinion, FWIW.
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 am

KZ....thank you so much for your imput, it is invaluable. I dont think the magazine rack, toilet or bidet caused her injuries either. But, I don't think Adam did it either. I cannot reconcile the two in my mind. This case is such a mess. I haven't seen an autopsy report, don't think one has been published to the public. I could be wrong tho.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Mon May 28, 2012 10:19 am

Thank you KZ. Your opinion as previously stated is invaluable. I'm with CB that I don't believe the autopsy is published for general use. I am at a loss to explain injuries. There was testimony that she had deep muscle damage. There is no evidence of any struggle. Of course, since LE collected NOTHING we will never know what evidence there was. I just feel NG is the only way to go on this as prosecution proved nothing but incompetence on the part of LE. I'm not so sure about innocent, but damn what a hot mess this whole trial is.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Mon May 28, 2012 10:48 am

Is the trial pretty much over? About to go to the jury?
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Mon May 28, 2012 11:16 am

http://abcnews.go.com/US/adam-kaufman-trial-surgeon-woman-claimed-heath-issues/story?id=16354802

Tracey also said that he and his nurses and anestheologist did not find any cardiovascular problems while examining the 33-year-old mother of two. When asked about at any point before during or after the surgery whether there was anything unusual about the functioning of Eleonora's heart, he testified, "she was normal."

But when Adam Kaufman's defense attorney, Albert Milian, cross-examined Dr. Baker, he asked whether it was possible that patients lie about their past medical conditions on paperwork at plastic surgeon offices in order to get the surgery. Tracey said that it could be possible.

I disagree. She could lie in her history to the docs there, BUT--She had to have a H & P from a general practitioner to be cleared for that surgery. She couldn't "lie" about a health condition like CHF. Hogwash.

Prosecutor Joe Mansfield went on to point out a long list of injuries on Eleonora's body when she was found, which included injuries on the upper-back muscles, abrasions on and below her chin, neck, left shoulder and chest, and hemorrhages in several strap muscles in the interior of her neck.

BBM. Here is a good link with pics of infrahyoid muscles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrahyoid_muscles

Mansfield asked Dr. Chester Gwen, the former Miami-Dade County associate medical examiner who performed the autopsy on Eleonora Kaufman, whether such deep injuries would be anywhere near where intubation performed by medical technicians who arrived on the scene would be preformed. Gwen testified that no, the injuries would not be related.

So they did track down the actual person who did the autopsy! He just went to a new job before the paperwork was completed, and handed that off to his supervisor. That is not unrealistic. What is odd is why the supervisor didn't complete it in a timely fashion, or hand it off to someone else.

I will keep looking to find more about the injuries, but it's looking more and more like she was assaulted and strangled. I am really baffled why the defense didn't go with SODDI. The natural causes thing is just ridiculous.
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Mon May 28, 2012 11:20 am

KZ wrote:Is the trial pretty much over? About to go to the jury?

--i haven't followed this trial---but according to this article, the prosecution rested thursday (may 24th) a.m---defense began thursday afternoon w/ their 1st witness------no court friday or monday due to memorial weekend.

--trial resumes w/ defense tuesday may 29th.

http://gma.yahoo.com/adam-kaufman-trial-prosecutors-rest-case-182356415--abc-news-topstories.html
Adam Kaufman Trial: Prosecutors Rest Their Case

--snipped---

The state of Florida rested its case against Aventura developer Adam Kaufman Thursday morning in Miami. Moments later, defense attorney Bill Matthewman asked the judge to grant an acquittal because the state failed to prove that Kaufman is guilty of second-degree murder.

After hearing the defense's argument for acquittal Judge Miller denied the motion and told the defense to prepare to start its case Thursday afternoon.

The defense started its' case Thursday afternoon by calling Elenora's mother, Frida Aizman to the stand. Aizman told the jury that she loves Adam Kaufman as her own son and that they have become closer after Elenora's passing.

--more@link--
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon May 28, 2012 11:31 am

Hi, KZ!
(Ann-Tx waves a mandible)

Thank you so much for your comments. With your medical expertise, I, like many, really appreciate your opinion re the autopsy.

Being that this case is in FL, I am surprised that the autopsy report has not been made available by the media. If one of the media outlets have posted it, I've not seen it.

I'm going to post an article from 5/24/12 that has some info that you might be interested in. You probably have already read it though!

Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Mon May 28, 2012 11:33 am

I found a comment from 2009 about bleeding inside the espohagus, but don't know that I trust the interpretation of the news reporter.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/state/epaper/2009/04/15/0415aventuramurder.html

"An autopsy revealed trauma to Eleonora's esophagus - enough to cause bleeding in her throat."

Could the paramedics have "tubed the goose?" (Intubated the espohagus instead of trachea.) Sure, anything's possible. But without reading the autopsy, it's impossible to know if that statement is accurate, or where the esophageal bleeding was. Did the paramedics in fact use an endotracheal tube? Or did they do a blind espohageal obturator airway, which were very commonly used by EMS back in 2007. What blade did they use if they did a traditional intubation-- Miller or Mac? Was there trauma to the epiglottis? Cord or arytenoid truama? Etc.

http://brunswick-biomedical.com/products/airways

Discussion of EOA and EGTA airways.
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Mon May 28, 2012 11:38 am

I have to go, but will look for more medical tidbits as I have time.

Nice to see all you guys, too! Waves mandible back at ya!
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon May 28, 2012 11:38 am

Adam Kaufman Trial: Prosecutors Rest Their Case

By ADAM SECHRIST
ABC - Good Morning America

May 24, 2012

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Click to play

The state of Florida rested its case against Aventura developer Adam Kaufman Thursday morning in Miami. Moments later, defense attorney Bill Matthewman asked the judge to grant an acquittal because the state failed to prove that Kaufman is guilty of second-degree murder.

Kaufman is accused of strangling his wife Eleonora Kaufman to death in their Aventura, Fla., home. The defense maintains that the real estate developer is innocent, and that his wife died from a pre-existing heart condition.

Snipped:

Chief Medical Examiner Testified

Hyma also explained that everything from Eleonora Kaufman's toxicology testing proved that she died of mechanical asphyxiation. He even stated that the scarring found in Eleonora's heart did not cause her death, or have any role in her death. The defense maintains that's what may have killed her.

"She died with the scar -- not because of it," Hyma said.

Hyma testified that there had to be significant force applied for at least two minutes to multiple sides of Elenora's neck in order for that kind of damage to occur but said he could not rule this as a strangulation and instead just called it mechanical asphyxia.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/adam-kaufman-trial-prosecutors-rest-case/story?id=16423665
~~~~~

2 page article
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon May 28, 2012 11:42 am

ellejay, in the wee hours, I looked for the autopsy report and I could not find it.

You are so awesome at finding documents. Can you see if you can find it? Thanks. I know KZ would be so happy!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Mon May 28, 2012 12:31 pm

I have searched for the autopsy report and I can't find it....if anyone can it would be Ellejay Very Happy
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Case Number: 2007-02775 Investigator: Fagan, Audrey
Last Name: KAUFMANFirst Name: ElenoraMiddle Name:
Death Date: 11/7/2007 7:15:00 AMGender: Female

Case Number: CT2010-00003 Investigator:
Last Name: KAUFMANFirst Name: ElenoraMiddle Name:
Death Date: 11/7/2007 7:15:00 AMGender: Female

I went onto the Dade County Medical examiners site and this is all I could bring up. There is a case number there though.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 28, 2012 2:23 pm

KZ thanks so much for explaining to us Lina's wounds.

I searched last night for the autopsy report & couldn't find it & other's are searching from other sites or have searched.

The Defense is putting on their case w/Dr. Biden to called as the expert. YUCK! I guess the State is going to ask him how much $$$$ he is being paid.

This case has been appalling imo as far as the State, they are pretty beaten down imo. The question is going to be for the jury: if not Adam, who could have caused the wounds to Lina's neck OR they may not consider anything the State presented BECAUSE of the shoddy investigation, the lead Detective isn't even going to testify due to his supervision of LACK of evidence collected & his previous affair with the CSI Tech.

It seems it might be difficult to get 12 people to agree on this case, I surely wouldn't vote GUILTY due to the errors made in the case, the State certainly gave Adam Kaufman the gift of reasonable doubt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Tesstruhart, that's pretty good sluething, at least you found something, It took Dr. Hyma 5 years to just find the "lost slides," it took him 18 months to come up w/a cause of death. BRAVO!

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 on Mon May 28, 2012 11:37 pm

art tart wrote:stark, you mentioned that there was survelliance that Lina is the only one on the survelliance that eveninig, do you remember a source for that?

I posted it somewhere & I am being challenged. It makes perfect sense that a Gated Community had survelliance, but it was brought up in the trial that some officier's thought Adam's car was hot or had a ticking sound.

I dread to see Dr. Biden, money whore imo, he & LK Baden get on my last nerve. He screws up so much, GOD knows what he is going to say.

OMG! remember the outrageous testimony he did in the Ted Binion trial? He said these marks on Binion's chest were caused by Berkng or Birthing, can't remember the term, but the fact is, they were moles on Binion's body & had always been there, that was shown in the 2nd trial.

I watched a commentator on tv doing an over view of the case say it..... I dont think it has been brought up in trial yet... sorry.. i am not glued to the tv on this one....Biden I am sure will dispute the neck injuries and how the body could die in a cramp space and then later fall down on mag rack?? basically he is paid to say the original autop was shotty.

It was brought up in trial that the car was warm/hot = sounds.... but if u go by prosecution case, how does he come home from having an affair, fight with wife, then kill her, then clean up, then stage, then call 911 then over 20 minutes goes by then somewhere way after 911 arrives the cop says hood was warm? wtf? makes no sense. does not even fit the prosecution timeline.
stark3923

https://twitter.com/stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by stark3923 on Mon May 28, 2012 11:46 pm

try defense opening statements for the video of gated community.....wife came home , adams car not seen coming or going....???

http://article.wn.com/view/2012/05/14/Opening_Statements_in_Aventura_Murder_Trial

transcript adam kaufman defense opening statements
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&ei=C0bET_rXG-qriQKl54iCCA&ved=0CAUQvwUoAQ&q=transcript+adam+kaufman+defense+opening+statements&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=1ad06d705a32cd93&biw=822&bih=442
stark3923

https://twitter.com/stark3923

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Mon May 28, 2012 11:50 pm

If anyone finds out more detail on the "heart scar", please post it.

The only thing I can think of in a healthy 33yo is that perhaps she had some very minor scarring on a heart valve secondary to an infection. That can often be subclinical-- no symptoms.
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 am

KZ, IIRC, the heart scar was 1/8 inch in size and had "infection cells" but was not an infection.....I could be wrong but I think that is what I remember. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong..please. I will keep looking for the description that was given in trial.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top