Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:49 pm

maybe not, but they have said they have footage of the predator taking her from her home from the families own surviellance system. From everything I 've read it doesnt look like the family is involved at all. I posted an article above about it. probably belongs in a different thread at this point, I wondered if theres one started for her. i was just trying to make the point that people are really that bold to just waltz in with family home, it shocks me! AND since Isabel hasnt been found, it just makes me wonder if someone took her, how far could her parents of put her in such a short time? I m sure they've scoured over footage from all over the city checking to see if her parents cars were out that night. Isabel Celis basically lived in a commercial district with video cameras all around her house, if they got those kids in the parking lot you can bet they have much more. I keep going back and forth between stranger/family involment....cant decide...if they celis's were acting different and speaking up for thier kid, I may be more convinced.

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 pm

color77 wrote:maybe not, but they have said they have footage of the predator taking her from her home from the families own surviellance system. From everything I 've read it doesnt look like the family is involved at all. I posted an article above about it. probably belongs in a different thread at this point, I wondered if theres one started for her. i was just trying to make the point that people are really that bold to just waltz in with family home, it shocks me! AND since Isabel hasnt been found, it just makes me wonder if someone took her, how far could her parents of put her in such a short time? I m sure they've scoured over footage from all over the city checking to see if her parents cars were out that night. Isabel Celis basically lived in a commercial district with video cameras all around her house, if they got those kids in the parking lot you can bet they have much more. I keep going back and forth between stranger/family involment....cant decide...if they celis's were acting different and speaking up for thier kid, I may be more convinced.

color, If that is true, I wonder why the family isn't cleared or if they could have possibily known the abductor?

I agree, living in a mostly commercial area is never a good thing, I am open to any & all possibilities, that's our problem though, not many facts. It seems LE is at a standstill, I just hate it, I was so hoping Isa was going to be found.

It seems hard to believe imo that a stranger abduction took place as Isa never slept in that room until that night & how would an abductor know a child was in that room, but then, I really have no idea, I just find it strange.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by snowbird on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:56 am

I thought that their security cameras at the house were not working. The video that was shown to the news turned out to be the wrong date.

I have a problem too with the parents because they are not cleared by LE.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:04 pm

color77 wrote:maybe not, but they have said they have footage of the predator taking her from her home from the families own surviellance system. From everything I 've read it doesnt look like the family is involved at all. I posted an article above about it. probably belongs in a different thread at this point, I wondered if theres one started for her. i was just trying to make the point that people are really that bold to just waltz in with family home, it shocks me! AND since Isabel hasnt been found, it just makes me wonder if someone took her, how far could her parents of put her in such a short time? I m sure they've scoured over footage from all over the city checking to see if her parents cars were out that night. Isabel Celis basically lived in a commercial district with video cameras all around her house, if they got those kids in the parking lot you can bet they have much more. I keep going back and forth between stranger/family involment....cant decide...if they celis's were acting different and speaking up for thier kid, I may be more convinced.

What is creepy is the attitude of the parents. Almost like, "Oh, well. So she is gone. Time to get on with my life. Got shopping to do, pick up a new vid, make some pop corn; must remember the boys have games tomorrow and need clean uniforms. Sigh..."

That is what bothers me!
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:45 pm

snowbird wrote:I thought that their security cameras at the house were not working. The video that was shown to the news turned out to be the wrong date.

I have a problem too with the parents because they are not cleared by LE.

The Celis video cameras werent working that night, but all the other ones around them from behind thier house that were on businesses were working, and the church parking lot ones too. It may have been the wrong date, but they still have the footage from the previous night. I have a problem that the parents have not been cleared as well along with thier behavior!!! I aslo read that they kept the search warrant selaed for another 45 days because there is info in there that only the abductor would know, which leaves me thinking TPD is defitnaly on to something/someone, I just wonder who. I guess we will be wondering for awhile, I feel they are in no rush to share and thats ok, just hope they solve this and Isabel gets some sort of justice.

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by snowbird on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 pm

color77 wrote:
snowbird wrote:I thought that their security cameras at the house were not working. The video that was shown to the news turned out to be the wrong date.

I have a problem too with the parents because they are not cleared by LE.

The Celis video cameras werent working that night, but all the other ones around them from behind thier house that were on businesses were working, and the church parking lot ones too. It may have been the wrong date, but they still have the footage from the previous night. I have a problem that the parents have not been cleared as well along with thier behavior!!! I aslo read that they kept the search warrant selaed for another 45 days because there is info in there that only the abductor would know, which leaves me thinking TPD is defitnaly on to something/someone, I just wonder who. I guess we will be wondering for awhile, I feel they are in no rush to share and thats ok, just hope they solve this and Isabel gets some sort of justice.
Thanks I didn't think about the other cameras in the neighborhood. If they would have seen someone other than the parents then you would think that they would have been cleared. I hope justice is found for this little girl and I hope they find her no matter what shape she may be in. There are to many children who have not been found. This little girl needs to be brought home even if she is not alive. She deserves to be given a final resting place and not one in the woods or water. Every time I hear about one of these cases I think of poor Kryon. Crying or Very sad
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by nanaof4 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:36 pm

snowbird wrote:I thought that their security cameras at the house were not working. The video that was shown to the news turned out to be the wrong date.

I have a problem too with the parents because they are not cleared by LE.

Snowbird: the video is of Sierra Newbold. The Celis' didn't have surveillance cameras. Some nearby businesses did, but, as you stated, it was of the wrong day. I think there were other videos, but LE has not talked about them so don't know if there was anything of value.

nanaof4

Posts : 75
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : Here of course

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Tamta on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:31 am

Child abductions from homes 'exceptionally' rare, expert says

Snipped

-"We do see them from time to time, but they are exceptionally rare," said Bob Lowery, executive director of the Virginia-based center's missing child division.

"We have the expectation that when we are at home, we are safe," he said. "This is a different kind of predator that will engage in something that high-risk because of the motivation for what he wants to do with that child."

-Lowery said the national center finds that more assertive children get away from their abductors by kicking and screaming. But if a sleeping child were taken in the middle of the night, he said, it's hard to predict what the reaction would be. A child, for good reason, might think it's a father or another family member coming to get him or her, he said.


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558906/Child-abductions-from-homes-exceptionally-rare-expert-says.html?pg=all
avatar
Tamta

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Tamta wrote:Child abductions from homes 'exceptionally' rare, expert says

Snipped

-"We do see them from time to time, but they are exceptionally rare," said Bob Lowery, executive director of the Virginia-based center's missing child division.

"We have the expectation that when we are at home, we are safe," he said. "This is a different kind of predator that will engage in something that high-risk because of the motivation for what he wants to do with that child."

-Lowery said the national center finds that more assertive children get away from their abductors by kicking and screaming. But if a sleeping child were taken in the middle of the night, he said, it's hard to predict what the reaction would be. A child, for good reason, might think it's a father or another family member coming to get him or her, he said.


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865558906/Child-abductions-from-homes-exceptionally-rare-expert-says.html?pg=all

Tamata, The picture is so bleak in these cases. I think the thing I can't get past is that Isabella usually didn't sleep in that bedrooom so why would a predator target a bedroom she didn't sleep in or how would anyone even know the family didn't have a security system? The lack of urgency in both parent's since the beginning really bother's me alot but Becky's demeanor of being sad seemed odd as she wasn't hysterical like many of the mother's we have seen like Somer Thompson's mother.

I know it isn't fair to compare the parent's behaviors to other cases but I am so uncomfortable with so many things in this case. I wonder if in 6 months we are going to read Sergio has moved home & the family is proceeding as the Bradwin's have done in the disappearance of Baby Lisa.

The parent's are going to be responsible in the future for keeping the case in the news like in Kyron's if they want the public to remain aware Isabella is still missing, imo, Becky isn't driving the case now for whatever reason.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Volunteers in Celis search move to new command center

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 9:37 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 13, 2012 11:21 AM CDT
By Ben Lawson


Isabel Celis was last seen on April 20, 2012.

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - The volunteers helping in the search to find missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis are moving to a new location this morning.

The new volunteer command center is located at the Christian Faith Fellowship Church at Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road, on Tucson's east side.

This is the third new location for the volunteer command center that has been setup to help find Isabel. The previous location was at the Abbie Tuller School behind Park Place Mall.

Video at link:

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/19018668/volunteers-helping-to-find-isabel-celis-move-to-new-command-center
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by snowbird on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 pm

I got excited when I saw you post, because I knew there was going to be a news article. I was so hoping for good news.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:28 pm


color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Freckles on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Mother has not appeared to show normal and expected signs of grieving.
This means the mother, IMO, knows what happened to her daughter.
And probably knows WHY.
I have to wonder, IF the mother really believes her daughter is going to come home soon, is the little girl in Mexico with family there?
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Freckles wrote:
Mother has not appeared to show normal and expected signs of grieving.
This means the mother, IMO, knows what happened to her daughter.
And probably knows WHY.
I have to wonder, IF the mother really believes her daughter is going to come home soon, is the little girl in Mexico with family there?

Freckles I have wondered from the begininng if thats where she is, but everyone presumes she is dead and poo poos that notion, based on why would she be with family in mexico and for what reason behind it? But I do seem to remember in the beginning reading that her passport was missing, but later thought I read that was rumored. IT seems tho that TPD and the Celis family have made the stand from the beginning that it is thier hope this child will come home and alive. Guess we wait and see!

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Freckles on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:00 pm

color-
My ex- is of Mexican ancestry and I have worked with many with Mexican ancestry. It is not uncommon for a relative, usually a grandmother, to raise a young relative for a few years. Why? Tradition. Companionship. To help out the child's family. My husband was taken from his birth family and raised by his grandmother for his first 6 years. My ex- mil wanted my first born and I said NO! She settled on her second grandchild and had complete control over her for many years. (That was with the permission of the mother, of course.)

When I lived in CA, my employment brought me into contact with many children , legal and illegal, who were of Mexican ancestry. I watched in horror as the parents would often scold their children and threaten to send them back to Mexico to live with relatives IF they did not behave as the parents desired. Fear is an effective incentive. And it is cruel, IMO.

My son knew a young lady living in CA with her brother; her mother was in TX. The brother often threatened to send her back to TX if her grades did not improve. She was bounced back and forth between the two states.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Freckles wrote:color-
My ex- is of Mexican ancestry and I have worked with many with Mexican ancestry. It is not uncommon for a relative, usually a grandmother, to raise a young relative for a few years. Why? Tradition. Companionship. To help out the child's family. My husband was taken from his birth family and raised by his grandmother for his first 6 years. My ex- mil wanted my first born and I said NO! She settled on her second grandchild and had complete control over her for many years. (That was with the permission of the mother, of course.)

When I lived in CA, my employment brought me into contact with many children , legal and illegal, who were of Mexican ancestry. I watched in horror as the parents would often scold their children and threaten to send them back to Mexico to live with relatives IF they did not behave as the parents desired. Fear is an effective incentive. And it is cruel, IMO.

My son knew a young lady living in CA with her brother; her mother was in TX. The brother often threatened to send her back to TX if her grades did not improve. She was bounced back and forth between the two states.

That is all so interesting, but why stage a kidnapping? Parents can sign over custody to relatives at anytime they please. Sergios parents are right down the street and Beckys live in Douglas, so even though I find that completely believeable based on others cultures, seems to me for as private as this family is they would of just delivered the child and not made a public fiasco(IMO of coiuse). I have just so badly wanted to believe them and hope this child is still alive, safe and that she is not being tourtured or mistreated. With no remains, it makes it very hard for me to accept her being deceased at this point. I also would love to know if the poly asked the question, do you know who has Isa or what happened to her? I wish TPD would at least give us whether they passed/failed, I dont see how that compromises anything...instead all we have to go on is thier very odd odd behavior...

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Freckles wrote:
Mother has not appeared to show normal and expected signs of grieving.
This means the mother, IMO, knows what happened to her daughter.
And probably knows WHY.
I have to wonder, IF the mother really believes her daughter is going to come home soon, is the little girl in Mexico with family there?

Color77, Although it is good news Becky decided to speak to a local TV station, it is the National News that she isn't speaking to & pleading for Isa's safe return, of course, the National Media has moved on but I bet if Becky contacted them, they would run the story again. The local area for Isa is saturated w/a million fliers done by volunteer's & the local media has covered Isa's disappearance.

Freckles, that is a good question, if Isa could be in Mexico. The question is this: if that is the case, could it have been relatives or is it speculation on Becky's part that Isa is going to return home? I haven't seen any positivie information that leads us to believe this is the case, although, it would be wonderful.



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Freckles on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:59 pm

I truthfully do not hold out hope for Isa to be found alive.
For all the reasons stated. Very easy to simply state she is visiting in Mexico with family there. However there is too much evidence FROM INSIDE THE HOME that points to evil having been there.

Still, just a sliver of hope. I so hope this child is alive.
I WANT the mother to remove my doubt.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by snowbird on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:41 am

Ok the mother had me until they asked her if she would do more interviews and she stated only at events because she doesn't feel comfortable and her stomach fells yucky, the least she could do the better. I' m sorry I don't understand, I would think it would be uncomfortable to be in front of cameras, but If her daughter is alive I's sure she is not in a comfortable situation.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Honeysage on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:52 pm

i don't know what to make of that interview...there has never been any sense of urgency that i have noticed in the parents. Becky speaks as if Isa is a 16 year old runaway rather than a 6 year old who, according to her husband was "abducted" from her bedroom window-you would think they would be frantic to find her. instead it's just praying and waiting on angels to bring her home. it's like she expects Isa to just wander on home any day now....like a lost puppy. in her own words Becky says it all "the least i can do the better".
avatar
Honeysage

Posts : 468
Join date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Honeysage wrote:i don't know what to make of that interview...there has never been any sense of urgency that i have noticed in the parents. Becky speaks as if Isa is a 16 year old runaway rather than a 6 year old who, according to her husband was "abducted" from her bedroom window-you would think they would be frantic to find her. instead it's just praying and waiting on angels to bring her home. it's like she expects Isa to just wander on home any day now....like a lost puppy. in her own words Becky says it all "the least i can do the better".


I must be having a communications breakdown! or a brain fart...

WTH does "the least i can do the better" mean anyway??

sounds like if I do too much then they take away e1 else as well!! JMO MOO and all those other good things!
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:25 pm


Isabel Celis has been missing since April 21, 2012. The Christian Faith Fellowship Church has opened up a volunteer center to raise awareness of the missing child. (Courtesy/ BringIsaHome.com)

New volunteer center opens for missing 6-year-old Isabel Celis

by Kelly Carrion
5:30 pm on 07/17/2012

It has been nearly three months since 6-year-old Isabel Celis disappeared from her Tucson home but her mother, Rebecca Celis, has not stopped searching for her little girl.

A new volunteer center opened up last week in order to honor and help find Isabel or Isa as her family calls her.

The volunteer headquarters space was donated by the Christian Faith Fellowship Church in order for the Celis family to raise awareness to help bring back Isabel.

http://nbclatino.com/2012/07/17/new-volunteer-center-opens-for-missing-6-year-old-isabel-celis/
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Tamta on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 am

Missing child cases are challenging for authorities


Snipped.

-when a child vanishes, many law enforcement agencies struggle to handle a large-scale search and a criminal investigation, officials said.

- Re: Volunteers: “People were upset we weren’t using them,” Overman said. “But we can’t tell them everything we know. Then the bad guys know what you know. It’s kind of a balancing act.”

-Missing child cases often lack some of the clues typically left when an adult disappears, Lynch said. Kids usually don’t drive cars or carry credit cards and cell phones that can be tracked.

-In other cases, police identify someone who may have abducted the child and issue an Amber Alert. (If they have a POI or suspect.)


__________________________________

Just a general read.


http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/iowa/missing-child-cases-are-challenging-for-authorities/article_fffdea08-9526-574a-9167-e5e97bcb6a4f.html
avatar
Tamta

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Julie on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:41 am

Two girls arrested after claiming to be missing six-year-old Isabel Celis

Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 4:19 pm

A nine-year-old and an 11-year-old girl were arrested Saturday after falsely reporting to police that they were missing six-year-old Isabel Celis.

Read more:
http://explorernews.com/news/article_ca0fc130-d51c-11e1-9dc5-0019bb2963f4.html

_________________
This site feels like running free on a playground on a sunny day with the wind in your hair and the birds chirping around you!~~eva

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
avatar
Julie
Admin

Posts : 27895
Join date : 2009-10-14
Age : 29
Location : buying balloons for eva's 68th birthday
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Tamta on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 am

Celis family united and speaking out


-If you remember Sergio Celis was banned by CPS from seeing his kids, but Friday they were all together so of course we asked them about it, but they wouldn't comment.

-However, there are still a lot of questions; new questions about the status of the Child Protective Service's ruling that Sergio can't see his kids.

Obviously something has changed, but the Celis family is not commenting on that and CPS has refused to comment multiple times.



http://www.kvoa.com/news/celis-family-united-and-speaking-out/
avatar
Tamta

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Puzzler on Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 am

Tamta wrote:Celis family united and speaking out


-If you remember Sergio Celis was banned by CPS from seeing his kids, but Friday they were all together so of course we asked them about it, but they wouldn't comment.

-However, there are still a lot of questions; new questions about the status of the Child Protective Service's ruling that Sergio can't see his kids.

Obviously something has changed, but the Celis family is not commenting on that and CPS has refused to comment multiple times.



http://www.kvoa.com/news/celis-family-united-and-speaking-out/

Tamta - TY

I wish some positive movement would happen in this case.
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 pm

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/19131266/candlelight-vigil-for-missing-isabel-celis-tonight

After watching this I too am fustrated. The little boy crying, the father acting like Ripleys believe it or not...REALLY TPD, you have nothing to offer the public here 3 months later on this missing little 6yr old precious child. I hate to say it but being this quiet hasnt led to anything beneficial either, did the parents pass the poly or not? Are to we supposed to believe them or put pressure on them to be more forth coming, do you have evidence suggesting this was family or a stranger....THE SILENCE IS KILLING ME TUCSON, we continue to hold this sweet baby girl in prayer every day, and at this point all this evidence is in. Give the pulbic something to go on to keep interest and get Isabel home or laid to rest in peace. Just so disgusted at this point, I cant imagine releasing a few details would compromise anything....not one word in way too long IMO, enough is enough!

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:49 am

color77 wrote:http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/19131266/candlelight-vigil-for-missing-isabel-celis-tonight

After watching this I too am fustrated. The little boy crying, the father acting like Ripleys believe it or not...REALLY TPD, you have nothing to offer the public here 3 months later on this missing little 6yr old precious child. I hate to say it but being this quiet hasnt led to anything beneficial either, did the parents pass the poly or not? Are to we supposed to believe them or put pressure on them to be more forth coming, do you have evidence suggesting this was family or a stranger....THE SILENCE IS KILLING ME TUCSON, we continue to hold this sweet baby girl in prayer every day, and at this point all this evidence is in. Give the pulbic something to go on to keep interest and get Isabel home or laid to rest in peace. Just so disgusted at this point, I cant imagine releasing a few details would compromise anything....not one word in way too long IMO, enough is enough!


There is something very disturbing about the silence in this case. The fact that the parents are appearing to co-operate with LE but are not publicly saying anything, the fact that LE is saying nothing, the fact that Isa has vanished and the fact that strangers seem to care more about finding Isa and keeping her memory out there is sickening. It seems like everyone involved is just hoping that this will go away quietly. Isa baby girl where are you?
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Soprano1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:57 am

justanopinion wrote:
color77 wrote:http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/19131266/candlelight-vigil-for-missing-isabel-celis-tonight

After watching this I too am fustrated. The little boy crying, the father acting like Ripleys believe it or not...REALLY TPD, you have nothing to offer the public here 3 months later on this missing little 6yr old precious child. I hate to say it but being this quiet hasnt led to anything beneficial either, did the parents pass the poly or not? Are to we supposed to believe them or put pressure on them to be more forth coming, do you have evidence suggesting this was family or a stranger....THE SILENCE IS KILLING ME TUCSON, we continue to hold this sweet baby girl in prayer every day, and at this point all this evidence is in. Give the pulbic something to go on to keep interest and get Isabel home or laid to rest in peace. Just so disgusted at this point, I cant imagine releasing a few details would compromise anything....not one word in way too long IMO, enough is enough!


There is something very disturbing about the silence in this case. The fact that the parents are appearing to co-operate with LE but are not publicly saying anything, the fact that LE is saying nothing, the fact that Isa has vanished and the fact that strangers seem to care more about finding Isa and keeping her memory out there is sickening. It seems like everyone involved is just hoping that this will go away quietly. Isa baby girl where are you?

I really, REALLY want to believe that the unusual silence with this case is that there is something very significant which LE and Isa's family all know...and that when it is finally made public, all the strange actions on the part of her parents and the seemingly slow-as-Christmas investigation will all make perfect sense. Reality is, such things DO happen, because there are so many strange and unlikely cases out there, where nothing makes sense to the public because we don't know the key pieces. In those situations, the "key pieces" cannot be divulged, obviously, because they would compromise the hoped-for end result.

I do SO hope this is the case with Isa's search. They don't have to tell us anything, and in some cases, when we learn what was withheld after a conclusion is reached, we'll have that "Aha!" moment and we'll be thankful that they didn't tell the public anything.

Of course, there's always the horrible possibility that LE knows nothing and they're not really putting much into this, and that the family is less than truthful and God only knows what has happened to this little girl. I understand the frustration - I'm sort of having it right now over the non-movement with the stubborn jerk in Sierra Lamar's case. At least they've got somebody there, though! This one has nothing at all, and yet there's still a whole person missing from known existence and no one will say where she went!
avatar
Soprano1

Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : ♫ lalala ♫...Alabama
Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Soprano 1... i am so trying to hold on to that hope, that silence means a happy ending, but I just seem to think if they know nothing this is some sort of cruetly towards this child...(the parents behavior and TPD being so quiet) .... IF this is "suspect" stranger, it seems like there should be some warning to the public that there is a predator on the loose, if they suspect the parents, letting the poly results out of the bag, or putting pressure on them so this baby can be found. It seems the general vote is shes gone, died in that house from the "evil" found there..(previous posters Oppinion)... I just feel that a injustice is occuring in this shroud of secrecy but I still believe in the power of prayer and have hope TPD knows something we dont, and thats the explanation for the quiet that surrounds this missing baby girls case...Like I have said before, I have a weird emotional attachment to this case, Isa resembles my 6yr old daughter in striking way!

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Soprano1 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 pm

color77 wrote:Soprano 1... i am so trying to hold on to that hope, that silence means a happy ending, but I just seem to think if they know nothing this is some sort of cruetly towards this child...(the parents behavior and TPD being so quiet) .... IF this is "suspect" stranger, it seems like there should be some warning to the public that there is a predator on the loose, if they suspect the parents, letting the poly results out of the bag, or putting pressure on them so this baby can be found. It seems the general vote is shes gone, died in that house from the "evil" found there..(previous posters Oppinion)... I just feel that a injustice is occuring in this shroud of secrecy but I still believe in the power of prayer and have hope TPD knows something we dont, and thats the explanation for the quiet that surrounds this missing baby girls case...Like I have said before, I have a weird emotional attachment to this case, Isa resembles my 6yr old daughter in striking way!

It's also possible that the silence doesn't necessarily mean a happy ending, but that they may be narrowing in on someone or some group. MAYBE. Boy, it sure is taking an excruciatingly long time, if that's true.

The ONLY, ONLY way that the parents' non-urgency makes any sense (in the scenario that they are innocent of any wrongdoing), is if LE knows way more than we think, and they've briefed the family on what must be done in order to facilitate a conclusion - any conclusion. We saw that with Sierra Lamar, and suddenly, Marlene's behavior made much more sense - she COULDN'T talk publicly about what they were learning. That is the ONLY way I can believe parents would behave so forced-nonchalantly or strangely when their child is in harm's way. I'm like you, and others here - if this were me, I'd be an absolute horrified, frightened, hysterical MESS.

Your point about a "stranger" suspect is right on target, I think, and I hadn't thought about that in this particular case. That is very true, and if that's what the accepted suspicion is amongst the police there, they are doing a pitiful job of keeping the public safe from predators. Hopefully, this is not the case.

If only Isa could know of people like you, who liken her to their own children, and hope and pray so hard for her to be found safe!
avatar
Soprano1

Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : ♫ lalala ♫...Alabama
Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Tamta on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 pm

'Paper your Streets' event tonight for Isabel Celis


Friday night they will hold a "Paper your Streets" event at Freedom Park to post pictures and information about Isabel Celis.

The idea is to post more missing person posters with little Isabel's information to try to bring her home.

The six-year-old disappeared from her Tucson home in April. Police have followed up on more than one-thousand leads.

The reward for information in the case has topped $60,000.


http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/19189163/paper-the-streets-event-tonight-for-isabel-celis
avatar
Tamta

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Tamta on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Puzzler wrote:
Tamta wrote:Celis family united and speaking out


-If you remember Sergio Celis was banned by CPS from seeing his kids, but Friday they were all together so of course we asked them about it, but they wouldn't comment.

-However, there are still a lot of questions; new questions about the status of the Child Protective Service's ruling that Sergio can't see his kids.

Obviously something has changed, but the Celis family is not commenting on that and CPS has refused to comment multiple times.



http://www.kvoa.com/news/celis-family-united-and-speaking-out/

Tamta - TY

I wish some positive movement would happen in this case.

______________________

me too.

i forgot to mention that this is not accurate reporting-
the agreement directly made with CPS was voluntary, it was NOT a Court Order or a Judge's Ruling.
avatar
Tamta

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Twinkie on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:42 pm

I've never posted anything on this case, however, I always check in to see if there's any news, ANYTHING at all about little Isa. I know it's been mentioned before, but WTF is up with these parents?? And is BC still selling her t-shirts, bracelets, necklaces, etc.? Anyone know where that $$ is going? Printing more fliers?? And where the hell is SC??
avatar
Twinkie

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:28 pm

I read today on the find isabel celis facebook page that a man in CA is claiming to have seen Isa at a CA restaurant. Claims he talked to TPD and gave an interview to ABC news...more interesting to me is that Rebecca Celis commented on the page saying she is praying this is the break they have been praying for and urged everyone to keep doing so. Its strange to me... this is the 2nd report of someone claiming that Isa was seen with a couple...a white heavier set caucasian woman and hispanic man. A woman in Tuscon two months ago reported seeing the same thing in her apartments laundry facility and knew the people were unfamiliar, she too said she reported this to the police in Tucson. Its in that long list of PDFs from the dock dump... I guess I still have hope, could this little girl really be alive out there??? so weird to think someone would be brazen enough to have her out in public, but we all know the Elizabeth Smart story, miracles can happen, I wont give up praying for Isabel Celis's anytime soon.

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by snowbird on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:01 pm

I was hoping to hear really good news on this case or a least they had some idea of what happen to this little girl. Crying or Very sad I wish I had more hope about a sighting in CA but look how many times poor Caylee was reported alive while she was in fact in the woods. I wish the police would give just a little bit of a clue what they think happened. They don't have to give all evidence.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Justice4all on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:07 pm

avatar
Justice4all
Admin

Posts : 9745
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 43
Location : Michigan
Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Tamta on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am

Justice4all wrote:JVM 8/16/12


Isabel Celis: 8/16/12 by Sierra1947

Normally not a JVM viewer however this clip did raise a couple of interesting questions.

And it verified that Sergio is reunited with his family and living back in the home.
avatar
Tamta

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:29 pm

National Media Has a Lot More Theories About Isabel Celis

by Pat Alvarez on Aug. 18, 2012, under Tucson Child Welfare News and Information


Where is Isa Celis?
Picture of missing 6 year old Tucson girl, Isa Celis


Isabel Celis, age 6, has been “gone” over 100 days now. Precious little is heard about her in the local media the last couple of weeks. Why? Shouldn’t we keep her face front and center to remind everyone this little girl is still missing?

According to a 7/27/2012 newscast by KVOA TV-Com (Tucson local channel 4), the Celis family was together on 7/27/2012 at a prayer vigil, despite a previous voluntary agreement with Child Protective Services in Arizona that Sergio could not be around his family and sons.

KVOA reporters asked the Celis family about this and they refused to comment. The news station attempted contact with CPS but were not given a response. That seems to be the extent of the local updates.

However, national media outfits are saying or “hypothesizing” more about the hoax call on July 22 made by two local girls. According to Jane Velez-Mitchell, who has a talk show airing weekdays on HLN, (locally this is channel 23 on Comcast) Sergio Celis has been allowed to move back into the Celis home and to have contact with his sons.

Read more:

http://tucsoncitizen.com/pats-bits-and-bytes/?p=187
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Today is Isa's birthday.... :'(

Post by kimi_SFC on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Via the Never Forgotten Facebook page

Happy Birthday BabyGirl!
avatar
kimi_SFC

Posts : 87
Join date : 2012-05-12
Location : San Francisco, CA
Mood : Praying

http://twitter.com/latinasiangyrl

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by color77 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:22 pm

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/19386331/latest-on-missing-isabel-celis-investigation

Happy Birthday to this sweet angel Isabel Celis. Wondering if TPD will grant the request and give us a WAY overdue update !

color77

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by snowbird on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Only 2 detectives over 2,000 leads and it isn't getting cold? Happy Birthday sweet girl, I wish you were home safe.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Julie on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 am

Happy Birthday Isabel.

sucker

_________________
This site feels like running free on a playground on a sunny day with the wind in your hair and the birds chirping around you!~~eva

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
avatar
Julie
Admin

Posts : 27895
Join date : 2009-10-14
Age : 29
Location : buying balloons for eva's 68th birthday
Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 am

New heartache for parents of Isabel Celis

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 11:02 AM EDT, Fri August 31, 2012



Isabel Celis turned 7-years-old this week but instead of celebrating, her family is forced to wonder if she is still alive. Isabel vanished from her family home in Tucson, Arizona in April. Police say the bedroom window was open and the screen was removed. They also found blood in her bedroom.

Jim Moret spoke with reporter Kevin Kevin from KGUN in Tucson to get the latest on the search for missing Isabel.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/08/30/new-heartache-parents-isabel-celis
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Puzzler on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:15 am

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/31/ijvm.01.html

New Heartache for Family of Isabel Celis
Aired August 31, 2012

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.


ISHA SESAY, HLN ANCHOR Jim Moret is in for Jane Velez-Mitchell tonight. And that show starts right now.

JIM MORET, HOST: A painful anniversary comes and goes as the parents of missing Isabel Celis have to remember her birthday without here. I`m Jim Moret from "Inside Edition" in for my friend, Jane Velez-Mitchell. Isabel`s parents speak out. We`ll hear from Isabel`s two brothers for the very first time, next.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

MORET (voice-over): Tonight, four months after the disappearance of their little girl, the Celis family quietly celebrates Isabel`s seventh birthday with a church service.

The young girl mysteriously vanished when her father reported her missing from her bedroom in the early morning hours. Police have pored over thousands of clues, searching for answers. We`ll have the very latest on the search for this beautiful little girl.

Then bizarre twists and turns as Drew Peterson`s defense team rests their case. The former cop on trial for allegedly murdering his third wife did not take the stand in his own defense. But his son did, saying he never believed his father killed his mother.

With such gripping testimony, you won`t believe who else the defense team called to the stand and why the prosecution reportedly called it a gift from God.

And new developments in the California slaughterhouse story. Jane brought you that story here last week. The company behind the scandal vows to improve their treatment of animals so they can re-open for business, but are they taking the necessary steps? We`re investigating.

SERGIO CELIS, FATHER OF MISSING GIRL: We love you. And we miss you so much.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Isabel was last seen in this home by her parents.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They have been interviewed extensively.

S. CELIS: We are cooperating to the fullest extent.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re labeling it as suspicious circumstances and a possible abduction.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: New details about what may have happened that Saturday morning.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I remember briefly waking up and hearing male voices outside my bedroom window.

BECKY CELIS, MOTHER OF MISSING GIRL: We are here today to play -- to plea.

S. CELIS: And we will never give up. We will never give up looking for you.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

MORET: Tonight, a family desperate to find their little girl after four long months of unanswered questions. And making matters even worse, little Isabel Celis turned 7 this week. Now her family wonders if she will ever come back to them.

We`re going to hear from Isabel`s two brothers for the very first time.

You remember that Isabel was just 6 when she vanished from her Tucson, Arizona, home last May. Her dad reported her missing on the morning of April 21 after her mom had left for work as a nurse. Here`s the 911 call.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

B. CELIS (via phone): I went to work this morning at 7. And I just - - I didn`t even come and check on her. I should have come and checked on her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: All right. Just take a deep breath, OK? Does she have any medical conditions?

B. CELIS: No. She has nothing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m sorry. She has what?

B. CELIS: She has nothing. There`s no medical condition. She`s healthy. No allergies, no medical condition.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK.

B. CELIS: She`s got brown hair.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Did you hear anything at all?

B. CELIS: No. I didn`t hear anything at all.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: Police say the bedroom window of Isabel`s room was open, with the screen removed. Blood was found in her bedroom. Sex offenders in the neighborhood and Isabel`s family were questioned, but after four months, still no sign of Isabel. And now the family is having to celebrate Isabel`s 7th birthday without her. You can hear in their voices just how difficult that that has been.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

S. CELIS: Happy birthday, Isabel. We love you so much. We love you so much. And we miss you so much. And we want you home so much.

B. CELIS: Happy birthday, baby girl. I love you so much. And I can`t wait to have you in my arms.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: Questions everyone`s asking, what is it going to take to find Isabel? How does a little girl simply vanish from her own bedroom? It`s mind boggling.

Straight out now to Tucson reporter Kevin Keen with KGUN. Kevin, what are the latest developments in this search?

KEVIN KEEN, REPORTER, KGUN (via phone): Well, last night we heard from Tucson police, and we checked in during her -- Isabel`s seventh birthday to see where this case stands. It`s been 131 days since she was reported missing.

Tucson police tell us that this investigation is still very much active, still ongoing. There are dedicated multiple detectives still dedicated to this case and working on no other case. But still at this time there are no suspects. And no one has been ruled out according to Tucson police.

MORET: Now, we`ve never heard from Isabel`s two older brothers until now. I want our audience to hear, because they`re talking about their missing sister. This is from affiliate KOLD. Let`s play that tape.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Every night when we do the rosary I just pray to God to please help us find her.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I always pray that I will even see her in my sleep and always dream about her, just to have a blessing of even seeing her in my sleep.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: We found out a couple of weeks ago that Sergio Celis, who was barred from seeing his sons, can now see them again. And you see them standing together. Kevin, whatever came of that?

KEEN: I`m sorry. Could you repeat the question one more time?

MORET: Whatever came of the fact that the father was originally not allowed to see the sons, but now they`re all together again? Has whatever issues were present then been dealt with? Is he being questioned further? Are there suspicions about the father in any way?

KEEN: Yes. Very early on in the investigation what surprised a lot of people and didn`t surprise some people is that he entered a voluntary agreement, agreeing not to come into contact with Isabel`s two older brothers. And so they were separated, and we would never see them together, and we hadn`t heard from the children.

It was maybe about a month ago that we had heard of the family being out and about all together: father, mother and two siblings together. That`s something that we asked them about a couple of weeks ago. And they would not comment on that. But apparently, that voluntary agreement no longer exists, and they`re able to all be together. And that`s a very difficult thing to confirm from authorities, because they`re not allowed to -- this is Child Protective Services doesn`t comment on cases like that.

MORET: Kevin, are you getting a sense from investigators the level of frustration that they`re feeling over this case?

KEEN: That`s something that, of course, we asked about every single day. There were daily press conferences, and then they went to a lot less than that. They wanted to solve this quickly. They knew that the importance of getting the information out right away, getting all the tips that they needed. And they just weren`t able to do that. But they are still on that trail, they tell us.

MORET: That`s Kevin Keen, reporter, KGUN, talking to us live. Thank you for your time.

And on set we`re joined now by Steve Moore, former FBI agent, and John Manuelian, criminal defense attorney. Thanks to both of you.

Steve, as a former FBI agent, when you`re -- when you`re involved in a search -- and I know you`ve been involved in searches such as this before.

STEVE MOORE, FORMER FBI AGENT: Right.

MORET: Time is of the essence.

MOORE: Yes.

MORET: And we heard 131 days. And I`m thinking as a parent every day, every hour is torture. What do you do as an investigator this far out? And are your fears greater now than they would have been if -- you know, a month out?

MOORE: I think candidly, unfortunately, your fears are greater. But your fears are now that you might not solve the case or you might not be able to convict the person you think is responsible for it. The fears about the child, I think, have gone by the wayside. The chances of her being recovered go down every day.

MORET: We have seen cases where...

MOORE: Absolutely.

MORET: Well all`s been lost and suddenly you find the child, sometimes months later, sometimes years later.

MOORE: Absolutely. Elizabeth Smart`s case. But those are the exception. And I think that`s where we`re going here. The police are trying everything they can. This separation, this voluntary separation agreement, this to me smacks of an attempt to put pressure on Sergio for whatever reason. I`m not going to try to read their minds.

MORET: Sure.

MOORE: But it leads me to believe that maybe they had some things they needed from him. At the same time they had to know at the beginning it was non-sustainable. Obviously, they are no longer in that agreement. And that`s got to be a setback for them, because now they no longer have that over him.

MORET: John, looking at this as a defense attorney, criminal defense attorney, what stands out to you? We heard mention of this separation agreement. That seemed strange right from the beginning. What do you see in this case?

JOHN MANUELIAN, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, what`s strange to me in this case is not specifically the separation agreement. I find problematic is the blood in the house. Remember, Elizabeth Smart there was no blood found.

MORET: Right.

MOORE: Separation agreement could mean something. But again, what`s going to be key to finding this girl are the forensics, the physical evidence, what ties the girl to her being missing.

MANUELIAN: And, Steve, if there`s blood in the house, that would suggest a struggle, which would indicates perhaps she did not know the kidnapper.

MOORE: Could be. Blood in the house doesn`t always indicate a struggle. Or it could be a lot of things that I would really rather not discuss. But a lot of things could happen to a -- to a compliant victim that would result in their blood being in the house.

MORET: And, John, do you think that at this point is the father not officially a suspect, given the fact that he`s allowed to see his other children?

MANUELIAN: I think he`s not a suspect. But, again, we have to wait and see what the father knows, what he says, whether his statements are consistent to, you know, where he was at the time, what he was doing at the time and things like that. I`m sure that authorities have already polygraphed him. If not, they probably will at some point.

MORET: OK. We have to take a break. We`ll be back with more of our coverage right after this. Stay with us. I`m Jim Moret filling in for Jane.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

B. CELIS: It`s tough, because we`re already under a lot of stress because we don`t have use of it here. So to have more thrown on us -- but we`re strong. And we`re -- we`ll be OK. We`ll survive it. We just want her back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: I`m Jim Moret from "Inside Edition," filling in today for Jane. We`re covering the case of 7-year-old Isabel Celis, missing for 131 days. Now, her birthday just makes this situation even worse.

Take Kyron Horman, for instance. He was 7 when he vanished from his Portland classroom. He will have his tenth birthday in just a couple of weeks.

Let`s go out now to Jon Lieberman, HLN contributor.

Jon, I`ve covered the Kyron Horman case, for example. These kinds of cases are very difficult. You keep your hope alive. But as we`ve heard from Steve Moore, former FBI agent, you know, it`s difficult. The more time that passes, the more problems develop with the case, the colder the leads get.

JON LIEBERMAN, HLN CONTRIBUTOR: Yes, well, Jim, we both covered that case. And miracles do happen.

And I want to underscore, Jim, this is anything but a cold case at this point. And in fact, I`ve seen cases where cops have a lot less to work with then they actually do here in this case. They do have some physical evidence from inside the house, some physical evidence from inside the family car. They have statements from all of the family members. And so police actually do have something to work with here.

Now, obviously, the more the hours go by and the days turn into months, you know, the chances that this poor little girl is going to come home alive obviously decrease. But miracles do happen. And I know for a fact that these cops have two full-time detectives on this case. And they continue to get in leads, as well, that they`re actively following up on.

MORET: In her 911 call, Isabel`s mom clearly in hysterics when police asked if she searched her daughter`s bedroom. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You looked everywhere, under the bed...

B. CELIS: Yes, I looked everywhere. I even looked (UNINTELLIGIBLE). The window`s out of our house. Somebody took the window out of our house.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK.

B. CELIS: Please hurry, please and get here.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re almost there, ma`am, OK?

B. CELIS: (UNINTELLIGIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Where is your husband and your kids?

B. CELIS: They`re outside waiting for the cops.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK.

B. CELIS: Oh, my God.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: The police later found key evidence in Isabel`s bedroom. The 550-page report that was released by authorities say there were views of apparent blood on the floor. At this point it doesn`t appear we know whose blood that was.

But, Jon Lieberman, when you talk about this being far from a cold case, that`s clearly important evidence. And you want to match it up. You almost have to assume, given the fact that the father`s able to see the young boys again, that it was not his blood. I know that`s a leap, but it is an assumption I`m making here at this point.

LIEBERMAN: Well, but another way to look at it, too, is police, by not coming out and saying they have cleared this family, cleared these parents in this case, you know, they`re also saying as much by saying they`re not clearing them as if they came out and said that they were suspects or persons of interest.

So one thing, Jim, is that police are holding back some important information, as well, that wasn`t released in those documents so that they can use that information to either contradict or corroborate what some of the -- of the witness statements have been. Presumably the parents and the others who might know, you know, what happened to this little girl.

MORET: Steve Moore, former FBI agent, Jon makes a great point. He says we haven`t heard the officials clear the family. So we know blood was found. That`s an interesting point, though.

MOORE: It`s a very interesting point. Quite often you learn more about what`s not been done and what`s not been said by -- than what you learn by what has been said.

The fact that they haven`t cleared the parents officially is troublesome to me, because that would seem to be the first thing you`d want to do in your investigation. At least if I was doing a kidnapping, I`d want to get the parents out of the way to get their lives back at least that much.

MORET: John Manuelian, criminal defense attorney, are you troubled -- if you represented this family would you be troubled they haven`t been cleared at this point?

MANUELIAN: No. Because I believe the investigation is ongoing. There`s probably a lot of unanswered answers. There`s physical evidence that they need to corroborate and statements they need to corroborate. And it`s not going to be very fast; it doesn`t trouble me at this point.

BLITZER: And we`re going to cover more on this on the other side of the break. Stay with us. Don`t go anywhere.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And you`re both natural parents of the child?

S. CELIS: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. So no stepparents? Any problems with any grandparents?

S. CELIS: No.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You`re not having any family issues? Anything like that?

S. CELIS: No.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: Covering this case, two young sisters got into a whole lot of trouble when they called 911 pretending to be Isabel Celis.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Nine-one-one, what is the emergency?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s Isabel.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: None-one-one, what is your emergency?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Isabel.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: That was clearly a prank. Could these prank calls by these two sisters, ages 9 and 11, actually be a good investigative tool? Say, hypothetically, a key individual in the case knew the child was deceased. When cops tell that person, "We just got a phone call from Isabel," would that person`s reaction be revealing?

Jon Lieberman, what have we heard, if anything, about these two sisters? They`re obviously young. You know, we`ve heard about kids doing stupid things before. Is it that or something more?

LIEBERMAN: Yes, unfortunately for this investigation, Jim, it appears that this is just two kids prank calling, frankly, on a Sunday morning, a series of three calls. These 9- -- this 9- and 11-year-old girls.

And unfortunately, at this point it doesn`t look like there`s anything of any investigative value here. This was just poor judgment and perhaps lax oversight by the parents, as well. But it doesn`t look like -- A, it doesn`t look like the two are going to be charged. And, B, it doesn`t look like it`s going to come up with anything firm for the investigation.

MORET: John Manuelian, criminal defense attorney, you get information like this, and you think, well, maybe it`s something -- it`s probably just two kids doing something stupid. Does it muddy up the investigation?

MANUELIAN: Sure. Actually, I disagree. I think it could be a crime if it`s obstructing or delaying an investigation in any way. That could be a misdemeanor charge or a smaller charge.

MORET: Does it -- does it hurt the investigative process?

MANUELIAN: It could, because it takes away the resources of the police department, and it goes on a different lead. So it could absolutely delay an investigation, criminal investigation.

MORET: Steve Moore, as a former FBI agent, what does something like this do to an investigation? You clearly do take resources away.

MOORE: Yes.

MORET: And it`s a detour that could take you a day, a week or longer.

MOORE: R.J. said it right. It can take time away. And every minute is valuable. If that takes eight hours to run down, then it`s going to take more than that of detective time. It`s like calling in a fake fire alarm and then somebody across town dying of a heart attack because the fire engine was not in the station. It could be crucially bad or it can have very little effect.

MORET: And at some point as an investigator do you pull back resources and say, "Look, we`re not getting anywhere. We have to delay this." It`s not a cold case, but it`s not as active as it was earlier on?

MOORE: That`s -- that`s when your boss -- your bosses do that to you. You never want to pull back. You never want to stop. This is -- I guarantee you these detectives are living this and don`t want to give up one minute of their time towards and don`t want it to be back-burnered.

MORET: Well, this won`t be a back burner for us. We will continue to follow the case of Isabel Celis and be back with more on JANE VELEZ- MITCHELL right after this. Stay with us.
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 am

New clues in search for missing Isabel Celis?

By Richard Dool
updated 8:01 AM EDT, Wed September 19, 2012

•Isabel Celis has been missing since April 20th
•Was last seen in the bedroom of her Tucson, Arizona, home



http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/09/18/inside-home-missing-isabel-celis


Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 am

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

New Developments in Isabel Celis Mystery


Aired September 18, 2012 - 19:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/18/ijvm.01.html

avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Stolat on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:09 pm

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/10/17/rare-look-inside-home-isabel-celis

ok, seriously, that is a bit creepy -- I guess the word she used was better -- "bizarre"

and I am completely in the camp that this case is not yet closed and so anything in that room is part of a crime scene and frankly I'm shocked that they're allowed to disturb the crime scene like that.

might be good intentions - but also looks heavily like a coverup. Fresh paint - no old residue on the walls, floors, furniture, etc. smart.

And what's really mind-boggling is this.... rarely have we ever seen a glimpse of the inside of the house. And this particular video is almost very "showy" -- sort of showing off their flair and attention -- very uncharacteristic of this otherwise very private and guarded family.

Very very bizarre and out of pattern for them. And I'm ALL about patterns... what's going on here? what are they anticipating that kicked off this event?
avatar
Stolat

Posts : 801
Join date : 2012-05-12
Location : Oddly Somewhere Close To You

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Soprano1 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Okay, as much as I've been trying hard to be supportive of what I hope and pray are innocent parents, the newly-painted room that they're suddenly showing off is easily seen as suspicious. Usually, things are left as they are (Kyron's poor mother, I believe, wouldn't even wash the sheets he last slept on).

I still must say this isn't the deciding "guilty" factor for me; the days and nights droning on and on with no new information must make one become disheartened, and a project such as this might help some keep up their spirits that their missing child is alive and well somewhere and will come home.

It does bother me,though, that anyone could spend such time and effort on a project like this when there's an entire United States' worth of ground to cover searching for their missing little girl. I don't believe I could focus on anything until she were back home, if it were me. I don't believe I'd be able to deem anything - ANYTHING - more worthy of my time than searching in every place I could get to for my child.

Bizarre is definitely the word.
avatar
Soprano1

Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-05-13
Location : ♫ lalala ♫...Alabama
Mood : Praying

http://msglenn-welcometomysoapbox.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Freckles on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Stolat wrote:http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/10/17/rare-look-inside-home-isabel-celis

ok, seriously, that is a bit creepy -- I guess the word she used was better -- "bizarre"

and I am completely in the camp that this case is not yet closed and so anything in that room is part of a crime scene and frankly I'm shocked that they're allowed to disturb the crime scene like that.

might be good intentions - but also looks heavily like a coverup. Fresh paint - no old residue on the walls, floors, furniture, etc. smart.

And what's really mind-boggling is this.... rarely have we ever seen a glimpse of the inside of the house. And this particular video is almost very "showy" -- sort of showing off their flair and attention -- very uncharacteristic of this otherwise very private and guarded family.

Very very bizarre and out of pattern for them. And I'm ALL about patterns... what's going on here? what are they anticipating that kicked off this event?
Putting the house up for sale?
Painting, etc., all be done to hide/confuse/complicate any evidenceIF there was a trial?
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Isabel Celis -- Missing 4/20/12 #2

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum