Jerry Sandusky Trial

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:21 am

Through much of the reading of the cross-examination, Sandusky has a slight grin and at times his eyes are closed.
by WGAL 10:17 AM

Again, the reading of the McQueary and Dranov testimony has ended. Jurors are now once again, deliberating.
by WGAL 10:20 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yXHrupJk
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:29 am

While the role-playing of the reading was going on...JS was in courtroom? You just have to wonder if there is a slight grin on his face WTH is wrong with him. I wonder if the jurors take note of that.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 am

Is the creep re-living the molestion and finding it pleasant?
This is one sick man.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:41 am

Chickenbutt wrote:I guess what I don't get is why he didn't find it important enough to testify at the trial, but would on the rebuttal if JS took the stand. Was he so ashamed that he didn't want to admit it if he didn't have to? Was he afraid of his mom and dads reactions? I am trying to get into his head, and since I have never seen nor heard him speak, I am confused.

CB - I'm still catching up on posts, but I was wondering hte same thing - I heard on IS early this morning that the Prosecution has up to 10 more victims still under Grand Jury Investigation. At some point the Commonwealth had to stop and make charges, they couldn't keep amending the list because this may never get to trial so they set the cut-off with the first 10 victims. Matt notified them during the trial that he was also molested & was prepared to give truthful testimony, up until that point he was on the defense list of witnesses so Pros. didn't have him on their list & couldn't call him to testify & what would he testify to... he wasn't included in the list of charges & couldn't be added at that point. So once they knew he was also a victim they decided they would use him as a rebuttal witness after the defense rested and apparently ONLY if Jerry testified. I wonder if Matt didn't want to testify 'against' Dottie's testimony, maybe he only was willing to rebute Jerry's testimony. Anyway, they speculated on IS this morning that there is another long list of victims that will now likely include Matt Sandusky in Grand Jury & a new list of charges/victims may be coming soon.
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 am

Vinnie just tweeted that Sandusky, his wife and all the lawyers are in chambers....
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:51 am

Jerry Sandusky jury rehears Penn State assistant testimony

By Genaro C. Armas and Mark Scolforo, Associated Press Writers

Posted: 06/22/2012 08:01:02 AM PDT
June 22, 2012 3:11 PM GMTUpdated: 06/22/2012 08:11:35 AM PDT

~Snipped~

Judge John Cleland said jurors would take a couple of hours Friday to listen again to testimony from Mike McQueary and Dr. Jonathan Dranov. The testimony was being read out loud from transcripts.

McQueary told the court he saw Sandusky engaging in a sex act with a young boy in a Penn State shower in 2001. Dranov later testified that McQueary told him a different version of the story that didn't include the then-graduate assistant seeing sexual contact.

However, McQueary testified that he hadn't told Dranov all that he saw.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/california/ci_20915680/jerry-sandusky-jury-rehears-penn-state-assistant-testimony
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 am

Chickenbutt wrote:Is the creep re-living the molestion and finding it pleasant?
This is one sick man.

He probably thinks he's going to walk away from this. I hope he dosen't. I'll bet he has 100's of victims. Poor kids.
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 am

This is one sick man.

I think that is exactly what this sick bastard is doing! He is actually enjoying hearing about his exploits, he might even be enjoying the fact that his victims remember so much detail about his encounters with them (to him it might mean that they cared - as he says in his vile letters). How disgustingly gross! I shiver just thinking about it - he deserves much worse punishment than the law will allow.
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm

InSession Coming up @ 2p, former #MichaelJackson atty Tom Mesereau discusses what jurors may be going through trying to reach a verdict in #Sandusky.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

VinniePolitan@VinniePolitan - Does NOT appear to be a verdict at this time... #Sandusky

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Cubs Fan wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:I guess what I don't get is why he didn't find it important enough to testify at the trial, but would on the rebuttal if JS took the stand. Was he so ashamed that he didn't want to admit it if he didn't have to? Was he afraid of his mom and dads reactions? I am trying to get into his head, and since I have never seen nor heard him speak, I am confused.

CB - I'm still catching up on posts, but I was wondering hte same thing - I heard on IS early this morning that the Prosecution has up to 10 more victims still under Grand Jury Investigation. At some point the Commonwealth had to stop and make charges, they couldn't keep amending the list because this may never get to trial so they set the cut-off with the first 10 victims. Matt notified them during the trial that he was also molested & was prepared to give truthful testimony, up until that point he was on the defense list of witnesses so Pros. didn't have him on their list & couldn't call him to testify & what would he testify to... he wasn't included in the list of charges & couldn't be added at that point. So once they knew he was also a victim they decided they would use him as a rebuttal witness after the defense rested and apparently ONLY if Jerry testified. I wonder if Matt didn't want to testify 'against' Dottie's testimony, maybe he only was willing to rebute Jerry's testimony. Anyway, they speculated on IS this morning that there is another long list of victims that will now likely include Matt Sandusky in Grand Jury & a new list of charges/victims may be coming soon.
So if he is found not guilty or the judge gives a slap on the wrist, can the state bring on the second round of accusers including the adopted son? I sure hope so. That would be brilliant strategy by the state. IMO.
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Cubs Fan wrote:
This is one sick man.

I think that is exactly what this sick bastard is doing! He is actually enjoying hearing about his exploits, he might even be enjoying the fact that his victims remember so much detail about his encounters with them (to him it might mean that they cared - as he says in his vile letters). How disgustingly gross! I shiver just thinking about it - he deserves much worse punishment than the law will allow.
Probably thinks he is SO brilliant to have pulled this all off, so many times and for so long. I hope he gets the book thrown at him! I wish the wife could be brought in on charges of conspiracy to cover up felonious acts. Simpering fool.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 pm

@ Freckles....yes, the state apparently has a "2nd wave" of accusers including Matt S and Travis who was on the news last night. Some reports I have read say the list numbers 10 more. Since these are separate victims, double jeopardy does not apply.

Good news, eh?
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
ClaireUncensored wrote:
Is the testimony read back to them or does the jury receive transcript(s) to review in the jury room? If it's a read-back, that might explain why JS, Dottie, son John(?) and the rest of the crew were in court. IDK.

If I were a juror, I sure would like a transcript. Audio would be awesome, huh? (No cameras allowed but maybe audio?) Anyone know? Sorry if I missed that part ~~C

Jerry Sandusky trial: Prosecutors, defense re-enact McQueary, Dranov testimony for jurors

Published: Friday, June 22, 2012, 11:11 AM Updated: Friday, June 22, 2012, 11:11 AM

By MATTHEW KEMENY, The Patriot-News

BELLEFONTE -- The transcripts of ex-Penn State assistant football coach Mike McQueary and doctor Jonathan Dranov's testimonies were read to jurors this morning as they begin their second day of deliberations in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse trial.

~Snipped~

The readings took about 90 minutes. Some jurors took notes, while others leaned back and listened intently. A man in the front row bit his fingernails as the transcript was read.

Read more:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_jurors_he.html
Thanks! I was just walking into the room while IS/Beth K was explaining this. I believe I heard her say there was audio but to save time they did a read-back. She also said the jurors took extensive notes (I believe). ~~C

O/T: I wonder if In Session's Beth & Jean actually have real homes? It seems to me both of them are constantly at a trial, on-site. Ryan and Vinnie sort of are back and forth depending on the trial.
(Vinnie is rocking the salt & pepper look really well IMO ~~~ blushes just a little.)
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Claire...shhhhhh, I agree with you about Vinnie
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Brilliant move to split the group. More than enough testimony for a conviction, IMO. Keeps the jury from being bored. Still the shame is there ARE more who were abused. That is a theft of innocence and denial of childhood. That pisses me off. Childhood is short and adulthood is long. Leave the kids alone. Sad Will the others ever get to tell their stories and begin to heal? Will there be justice for them?
Weeziethm wrote:@ Freckles....yes, the state apparently has a "2nd wave" of accusers including Matt S and Travis who was on the news last night. Some reports I have read say the list numbers 10 more. Since these are separate victims, double jeopardy does not apply.

Good news, eh?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Cubs Fan wrote:
This is one sick man.

I am glad I am not the only one that is sicken by his smiles. I heard durning closing he was smiling also does he thinks he has this in the bag because he was a loved Penn State coach.
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:01 pm

OMG...Jose Baez on IS later to talk about waiting for the verdict. Guess I will turn IS off then.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 pm

I was just thinking the same thing CB
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 pm

chickiebutt and claire, awe rocking the salt and pepper...on this side of the planet we let pepper grinders and salt mills do that stuff.... Very Happy
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

CB-on the down-low O-O, k?

Post by ClaireUncensored on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:06 pm

CB -- What can I say; I'm only human. And he's way more pleasing on the eyes than Bob Costas and would've done a much better job soft-balling JS those questions early on (though Costas didn't do a bad job at all and got the interview cause he's the sports guy). Still think that Costas had legal assistance in the questions he asked JS, dare I say spoon-fed?

Since we can't see the trial or even get live tweets, I think In Session is doing the very best job they can under the circumstances. It's been really hot there the past few days, too. ~~C
Cool
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:11 pm

I am very impressed with the way IS has handled this trial. One person in the courtroom and one person on the outside, trading back and forth to bring us what they heard in the court. The artist is an interesting woman also. I don't think she has any legal training, but seems to know a lot. I think VP said that since she spends so much time in courtrooms, she has become very savvy to the legal system.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:13 pm

uh oh, Bozo coming up....bbl
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Ewww....just caught a glimpse of JB.....scruffy non shaven face. Seems to have added a few pounds...face looks chubbier. Time to turn off the TV.....back in a bit.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Ewww....just caught a glimpse of JB.....scruffy non shaven face. Seems to have added a few pounds...face looks chubbier. Time to turn off the TV.....back in a bit.

Are you sure it wasn't Casey?

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:16 pm

..............boo-hiss on any bozo thoughts from here too.
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:16 pm

VinniePolitan #Sandusky court reporter and attys in chambers...hmmmm...
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 pm

too funny Julie..... Laughing
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 pm

snowbird wrote:
Cubs Fan wrote:

I am glad I am not the only one that is sicken by his smiles. I heard durning closing he was smiling also does he thinks he has this in the bag because he was a loved Penn State coach.
B&I by me
No, you're not alone. I can't believe he doesn't realize what he ruined. I don't know if Penn State will just pop back up considering the investigation is on-going, besides JS actions -- the people who covered for him seems to keep growing and should be held accountable. He is no longer the beloved Penn State Coach. He WAS. Didn't he alone bring down his own charity? Bam. No more donations. Can you even imagine what these parents are thinking now? Going years back? Shocked

In his mind I guess he doesn't believe he did anything wrong. Honestly, I don't understand the way that works. You can explain it to me all day long, but I just can't unscramble how anyone thinks what he did can be justified. He knows right and he knows wrong. And so does Dottie. She didn't want to give up her place, her status in that small community. JMO of course. (I would like to hear from all of their children when/if they feel they can tell what it was really like in the Sandusky household.) ~~C
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:46 pm

InSession Right now, attorneys are not in the courtroom but the AG investigation team on the #Sandusky case is sitting in the well of the courtroom.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

summerthyme wrote:..............boo-hiss on any bozo thoughts from here too.
He is so gross. Booze-hizzes from my planet, too, Summer!

Yes, I do believe I see some extra poundage. Ryan can still make him blush with simple questions and bozo still dances around the answers and it's not even his case.

He does however mention his book, but his publisher has him "handcuffed" so only general terms, "thought process", gag, more gags, throwing up in my mouth. So that's why he's showing his unshaven mug. He doesn't give jack about the JS trial, he's promoting his book. Jeez Louise. It's all about the $$ still.

He can't even name a book right: Presumed Guilty. Bozo, there is already a book called Presumed Innocent. Both fiction. I'm assuming it's coming out in hardback but I don't really know. I seriously doubt that he wrote it. Dude can't string two sentences together. JMO of course. ~~C
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Posters on WS say they are seeing tweets that a verdict is in and to be read at 2 pm ET. I haven't seen anything with a MSM source, but just relaying this "rumor". That is in 10 minutes.

ETA: sorry, they are saying it is for the priest sex abuse trial.

SORRY ALL.

I'm just too dang anxious for a big phat GUILTY Very Happy

Last edited by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:InSession Right now, attorneys are not in the courtroom but the AG investigation team on the #Sandusky case is sitting in the well of the courtroom.
Gag orders are most annoying, no? ~~C
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:53 pm

IS has said nothing about a verdict
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm

lol Weezie...had me running to un mute the TV. Had it muted for Baez
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:lol Weezie...had me running to un mute the TV. Had it muted for Baez

Oh my....now I am REALLY REALLY sorry.....hahahaha
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm

No problem. That is probably the most exercise I will get this month.. Very Happy
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Posters on WS say they are seeing tweets that a verdict is in and to be read at 2 pm ET. I haven't seen anything with a MSM source, but just relaying this "rumor". That is in 10 minutes.

ETA: sorry, they are saying it is for the priest sex abuse trial.

SORRY ALL.

I'm just too dang anxious for a big phat GUILTY Very Happy
But Weezie, that's good, too! last I heard they were dead-locked after, what, 13 days except for one? Judge sent them back, and it is Friday. Hoping justice is served ~~C
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:02 pm

afraid of missing anything - can't
go to kitchen to get ice cube..
pitiful-pathetic Iam-Iam
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Jerry Sandusky trial: Jerry Sandusky leaves the Centre County Courthouse shortly before noon with his wife Dottie and attorney Joe Amendola.

Jerry Sandusky leaves the Centre County Courthouse shortly before noon with his wife Dottie and attorney Joe Amendola on June 22, 2012 after the jury heard repeated testimony during the second day of jury deliberation in his trial on child molestation charges. Video by: Christine Baker, The Patriot-News
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Matt Kemeny talks about the jury needing to hear re-enactments of testimony during deliberation of the Jerry Sandusky Trial.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_sandusky_3.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by summerthyme on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:09 pm

that pic of tent reminds me of the intended privacy for the whitney houston hearse.....maybe it is how sandusky and wife will have to get out and about ...from now on.
summerthyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

jvelezmitchell RT @midwincharles: I will discuss the make your skin crawl Sandusky case tonight on @HLNTV @jvelezmitchell at 7PM.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:28 pm

InSession - Tom Mesereau discusses what jurors may be going through trying to reach a verdict in #Sandusky.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:47 pm

@InSession reporting that jury has only asked for McQueary & Dranov testimony so far. They both testified about Victim #2, right? I hope that doesn't mean they have only gotten thru 2 Victim's charges - this may take a few days if that's the case
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

Jerry Sandusky trial: Jerry Sandusky leaves the Centre County Courthouse shortly before noon with his wife Dottie and attorney Joe Amendola.

Jerry Sandusky leaves the Centre County Courthouse shortly before noon with his wife Dottie and attorney Joe Amendola on June 22, 2012 after the jury heard repeated testimony during the second day of jury deliberation in his trial on child molestation charges. Video by: Christine Baker, The Patriot-News

wonder why he sits in front & Dottie sits in back wtih the atty? I would think if she really believed he was innocent she would want to sit next to him & hold his hand thru this stressful time. That just hits me as strange that they wouldn't sit together in the car.
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:09 pm

I have notice with other pictures she doesn't walk next to him. She walks to the front or way to the side. I had though that was strange to because their doesn't appear to be the closeness.
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Per Vinnie Tweet. jury back in the courtroom in 10 minutes...
9 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

To deal with a supplemental charge (?)

Asking for clarification on a supplemental instruction. Speculation is they are getting close. Getting down to details. Per HLN

#sandusky had ?? about the alleged victim 8 charges (the one the janitor saw)...and how to consider hearsay evidence. Back to deliberate
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 2:36 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yYKCRN1a
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 pm

snowbird wrote:I have notice with other pictures she doesn't walk next to him. She walks to the front or way to the side. I had though that was strange to because their doesn't appear to be the closeness.

I agree with your observations.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:43 pm

The attorneys are in the courtroom – Sandusky is not.

The jury came in around 3:25 p.m. They are serious as usual...they don't look particularly tired. They seem engaged.
by WGAL 2:40 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yYLLL2Hq

This is good news folks. This jury is taking their oath seriously and considering each charge and applying the law. I read somewhere recently that we have a legal system, not necessarily a justice system. At least these 12 jurists are doing their legal duty to the best of their ability!
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top