Carnel Chamberlain -- Found Deceased 6/28/12

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carnel Chamberlain -- Found Deceased 6/28/12

Post by Calypso on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:32 pm

The only thing I am aware of, as FACT, was what was reportedly written in the complaint against Bennett, per the mother's statement to police.

Lots of unconfirmed RUMORS at this time.

Calypso

Mood : Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm

"Carnel was born in January 2008 to a teenage mother with substance abuse problems and Michigan officials placed him in foster care and attempted to remove parental custody.

Meanwhile Carnel’s mother, Jaimee Leona Louise Chamberlain, 21, at one point told a probation official to take Carnel out of her custody because she did not want him, according to an abuse-neglect petition filed in Isabella County Trial Court in February 2008.

Trial Judge William Ervin transferred the case to Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Court in April 2008 after it was determined that Carnel’s parents are both Native American.

Records in Tribal Court are not public information.

Tribal Spokesman Frank Cloutier said Monday that Jaimee Chamberlain was successful in regaining custody of Carnel in the Tribal System.........."

Read more:

http://www.themorningsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120625/NEWS01/120629810/boyfriend-remains-person-of-interest-in-carnel-disappearance&pager=full_story
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 pm

"According to the two-page criminal complaint, Jaimee Chamberlain told the FBI that she saw her son with a bruised and swollen face as well as a cut lip in late May or early June. She said he had been struck by Bennett when she was away from the home.

A few days later, she saw Bennett pick up her son by the neck and drop him before dragging him into a room by his foot, according to the court document.

It wasn't known why Jaimee Chamberlain allowed her son to be in her boyfriend's company if she believed he was abusing the boy. She answered her phone when contacted by The Associated Press but hung up without commenting."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/30/anthony-bennett-beat-carnel-chamberlain-charges_n_1639763.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Court records show Carnel Chamberlain's life was troubled

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 3:53 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 29, 2012 4:25 PM CDT
By ABC12 News Team - bio | email

"The records show in February 2008, about a month after he was born, Carnel was removed from his mother, Jaimee Chamberlin's care, because "she refused to provide care or custody for the baby."

Video at link:

http://www.abc12.com/story/18918243/court-records-show-carnel-chamberlains-life-was-troubled
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Investigation continues into death of 4-year-old Carnel Chamberlain

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 11:24 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 29, 2012 4:32 PM

By Jennifer Profitt - email
By Lori Dougovito - bio | email

ISABELLA COUNTY (WJRT) - (06/29/12) - Details are still unraveling, as the investigation continues into the death of 4 year-old Carnel Chamberlain.

After a week of searching for Carnel, his body was found under a porch at his house at the Chippewa Reservation just outside Mt. Pleasant.

Carnel disappeared while in the care of his mother's live-in boyfriend, Anthony Bennett, and crews had been searching ever since, trying to find him.

The FBI is involved in the investigation, and so far, federal officials and tribal police are being pretty close-lipped on details surrounding the case.

Video at link, several links to other articles.

Rad more:

http://www.abc12.com/story/18915753/investigation-continues-into-death-of-4-year-old-carnel-chamberlain
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Honeysage wrote:i'm only aware of Carnel being taken away as an infant, then mom got treatment for drugs and she was given back custody. not sure of any recent custody or CPS issues...anyone have a link?
also wonder if anyone else saw bruises on Carnel and what excuse mom gave then. was he in preschool?

Not sure, everything is RUMOR as of now. Haven't seen anything in print.

Ok, should have read through before I replied.

Thank you, Alessandra_Deux for the links. Now, I can say I've seen it in print!!
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:39 pm

Calypso wrote:
Honeysage wrote:i'm only aware of Carnel being taken away as an infant, then mom got treatment for drugs and she was given back custody. not sure of any recent custody or CPS issues...anyone have a link?
also wonder if anyone else saw bruises on Carnel and what excuse mom gave then. was he in preschool?

Not sure, everything is RUMOR as of now. Haven't seen anything in print.

Ok, should have read through before I replied.

Thank you, Alessandra_Deux for the links. Now, I can say I've seen it in print!!

You are welcome, Calypso.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:41 pm

thanks for the link Alessandra_Deux, in reading the comments i found my way to mom's brother's FB page...seems her own family has turned their backs on her. they had no idea of the abuse-so glad they are on Carnel's side and that of truth and justice...they are not going to protect mom in anyway it seems. Carnel has a voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: it is not his personal FB, it was set up just to discuss Carnel...he has some super sweet videos of Carnel.

Last edited by Honeysage on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:45 pm

http://www.abc12.com/story/18918278/carnel-chamberlains-biological-father-in-prison-for-assault

Carnel Chamberlain's biological father in prison for assault

ISABELLA COUNTY (WJRT) -
(06/29/12) - We've heard a lot about Anthony Bennett over the past several days, after investigators called him "a person of interest" in Carnel Chamberlain's disappearance.

We know Bennett lived with the little boy and his mother, Jaimee, but we haven't heard much about the boy's biological father.

Byron Keith Francis is listed in Isabella County probate court papers as the boy's biological father.

ABC12 has learned the 21-year-old is in prison right now, serving a 4 -10 year term for an assault committed in Isabella County.

His earliest possible release date is May of 2016.
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Honeysage wrote:thanks for the link Alessandra_Deux, in reading the comments i found my way to mom's brother's FB page...seems her own family has turned their backs on her. they had no idea of the abuse-so glad they are on Carnel's side and that of truth and justice...they are not going to protect mom in anyway it seems. Carnel has a voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: it is not his personal FB, it was set up just to discuss Carnel...he has some super sweet videos of Carnel.

I wonder if this is the same brother who introduced her to Anthony Bennett. I don't think this is the right moment for her family to turn their back on her. She just lost her son, she must be going through a living nightmare.

As Calypso has previously stated, we don't know all the details, we don't know how her life has been like. She was 16 when she was expecting Carnel, she also had a substance abuse problem when he was born, I wonder if all of this happened because of the environment in which she grew up in. We don't know anything about the family dynamics or if the abuse was a repetitive pattern that she grew accustomed to. I feel a lot of compassion for her and I am terribly sad for what happened to her son.

I agree with your contention that she should have never permitted Anthony Bennett to physically abuse Carnel or allowed the problem to escalate to the point that it resulted in his death. She should have protected her son.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 pm

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/29/ng.01.html (Aired June 29, 2012)

Missing 4-year-old Carnel Chamberlain found Under Wooden Porch

CHAMBERLAIN: When I left last time, he was laying in my back bedroom watching me get ready for work while he was watching cartoons. That`s the last time I seen him was when he was watching "Adventure Time"! That was the last time I seen him, when I left for work, he was in my bedroom, and everything was fine! And then I left. And then that`s why -- you know, I called him, and then that`s when I found out about everything going on.

BBM: called who and when?? did she know Carnel was missing before she got home form work?
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Honeysage~

I heard this too and I was under the impression Jaimee may have been calling Bennett on the way home from work.

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Honey, in response to this comment of yours:
called who and when?? did she know Carnel was missing before she got home form work?

She told on Nancy Grace's show that she was told when she got home that Carnel was gone. She said she started calling his name, and even went to the neighbor's to ask if they had seen him. That's when she called the police. She also said that her bathroom floor was very wet, even out in the hallway. When she asked what happened, BF said he had started running bath water for her when she got home from work and forgot about it and the tub overflowed. NG asked her if the tub was full of water and she said 'no, it was only half full. But the water that was in the tub was not warm.'

Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:10 am

Wow. I don't know what to say.
Another kid that never had a chance.
I'd like to hear the reasoning of the person who made the decision to give back custody to the mother.
On second thought, maybe I don't. There are so many cases
that follow this same basic script. What's the answer?

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:35 am

Not sure if all NA tribes follow this, but one I know of,
the actual/physical turning of the back to another NA
is a show of no longer having respect for the person.
The NA people I know of will then have nothing more
to do with that person. It isn't something to be taken lightly.
I am wondering when it is mentioned the family has turned
their backs if this is a figure of speech or if it is a physical action.
If so, then I would strongly suspect the family has knowledge of
things we do not and probably will never know about.

@ glazier... From what I read, although I do not recall where, most
likely here, the decision to return custody of Carnel to his mother
was a one made by the tribe and there is no public access to these
documents.
Marica

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by amomandgramma on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:48 am

I am knew to this so if I screw up my words or in response, sorry. I guess I need to vent as all of you. The thoughts & questions running through my mind about little carnel are massive ! I too have seen george lucas' posts & claims. I have also saved and rewatched and read all the news from every available station and indian sites. Guess I am happy to know that carnel is with his loved ones as an angel but, I don't know if I want to know what went on before he passed, before he was burned etc. what that child may have endured at the hands of his killer ! when I heard her talk about wanting him home and watched the NG show she said " she called him " who's him ? meaning anthony or carnel ? so if she called home did she know carnel was gone before the statement " as I was walking in the door anthony was walking out to me "..& does anyone recall that from day 1 she said..I came in & anthony was cleaning the living room carpet stating the dog had thrown up..? and let's see..if I recall right, she said anthony told her last he'd seen carnel was on back porch.? then comes he was @ pool, then she says he told her he went missing...REALLY ? & yes she may have blinders on or been scared of anthony herself but, when I read from not just her brother but from others that she's sitting outside smoking weed..wth ? !! and yes maybe the new dominicks law will be used on her as I feel it should be but, under who's court ? if anyone reads the tribal reports of arrests, charges and sentencings it's a joke. & if no one noticed, several of anthony's brothers have all been charged or sentenced for violent acts & alcohol problems. he has at least 1 brother in prison for abuse / animal cruelty. I ck'd on some [ what wasn't tribal records those are blocked ] and the news was correct, he'd been assaultive & in trouble before yet she moved him into her home, she allowed him to abuse her son, hell she watched him drag him, pick him up by neck or thoat & drop him, she tolerated he'd punched him in the face leaving bruises & cut lip, and bruise on chest..come on she didn't give a da__! she didn't need the job so if it wasn't ordered by tribe as part of custody or rehad..would you go to work for low wage with thousands of dollars coming in every month ? & why were she & BF arguing day befoe so carpenters heard it ? I have yet to hear her tell about that but witness's heard & told it. I can say say she had caring family & support so there was no reason to leave her son with an animal. & since she has not sad she was afraid of anthony as yet, what's her excuse ? I hope she's charged with something, maybe endangerment, if not as part of what was a horrific death of her son done possibly by her now ex boyfriend ! and yes, they did find carnel a few days prior but had to wait to confirm due to burning & charred body.. may this beautiful angel be at rest and may who hurt & killed him suffer many times worse than carnel got.

Last edited by amomandgramma on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

amomandgramma

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 am

@amomandgramma~

Are you local to the area?
Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:19 am

Carnel's mother is responsible for protecting her child. She failed to protect her child from unspeakable abuse. She definitely needs to be charged in regard to Carnel's death along with Anthony Bennett.

As a result of her failure to protect her child, Carnel is now dead. It was her responsibility to protect her child but instead she allowed Bennett to babysit her child!

Too bad this is not in Texas. The mother would be charged with
Reckless and Serious Bodily Injury to a Child by Omission at the very least but if knowingly was factored in and if found guilty, she could get up to life in prison.

Same song; different tune. Reminds me of the mothers in the Baby Grace case, Emma Thompson case, Robert Manwill case, Dominick Calhoun case, etc. (I closely followed the trials in all of the aforementioned cases).

This mother needs to be held accountable for the death of her son, Carnel, along with Bennett.

Hopefully, charges will be forthcoming for the mother!

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by amomandgramma on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:23 am

I responded in private message to you for personal reasons.
As you & others have stated
" there are a lot of rumors going around and being said @ secr.." if I upset or affended you it was not intentional.

amomandgramma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:45 am

Welcome to Reality Chatter, amomandgramma!

amomandgramma, is your 12:23 am comment directed at me?

If so, you did not upset or offend me. I am an active child's advocate and have been for over 35 years. I get real involved in legislative issues in my state as that is where laws can be changed. I follow many cases in my state closely as well as in other states.

I am not a proponent of rumors. In fact, Reality Chatter does not support rumors but encourages folks to post Links to articles from mainstream media.

We had a poster that came on RC a few months ago and started posting Facebook rumors on a thread of a missing child. It was nipped in the bud quickly and the thread did not become a rumor mill. RC is not based on rumors.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:28 am

Mother's boyfriend arrested over boy, four whose burned body was found under porch of family home

By Nina Golgowski
PUBLISHED: 19:41 EST, 29 June 2012 | UPDATED: 20:19 EST, 29 June 2012

"Bennett has a long history of trouble with the law, bouncing in and out of prison according to WOOD-TV."

"Federal prosecutors, who handle major crimes on Indian reservations, do not want him released on bond but would not comment when asked if Bennett was being charged with assault as a way of holding him until a more serious charge is brought."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2166807/Anthony-Bennett-suspected-killing-year-old-Carnel-Chamberlain-burying-mothers-porch-charged-assault.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:48 am

Timeline: The week-long search for missing 4-year-old Mount Pleasant boy Carnel Chamberlain

Published: Friday, June 29, 2012, 9:00 AM

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/06/timeline_the_week-long_search.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:49 am

http://www.abc12.com/story/18920839/rick-calhoun-speaks-out-after-hearing-about-carnel-cha
WJRT - Flint, MI -- 6/29/12

Rick Calhoun speaks out after hearing about Carnel Chamberlain

~~~~~

Article & video.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Link to Criminal Complaint (pdf) included in this post!

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:03 am

Investigation continues into death of 4-year-old Carnel Chamberlain

Posted: Jun 29, 2012 11:24 AM CDT
Updated: Jun 29, 2012 4:32 PM CDT

By Jennifer Profitt
By Lori Dougovito

WJRT - Flint, MI

Snipped:

Jaimee told an FBI Special Agent, sometime late May or early June when she came home from work, Bennett sat her down and asked her to tell her she loved him.

And then, according to the complaint, she saw Carnel on a bed and with a bruised and swollen face. Carnel also had a cut on the inside of his lip.

A few days later, Jaimee saw a 6-8 inch long bruise along her son's ribcage. Bennett told her he backhanded the boy. Carnel told her Anthony [Bennett] punched him.

Jaimee saw Bennett pick Carnel up by his neck and drop him, pull him by his right foot about 15 feet and that the boy's buttocks were bruised as a result.

Read more and view video:

http://www.abc12.com/story/18915753/investigation-continues-into-death-of-4-year-old-carnel-chamberlain

Read the Criminal Complaint against Anthony Bennett here:

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wjrtftp/PDF/complaint.pdf
pdf via WJRT - Flint, MI: Criminal Complaint filed 6/29/12
United States of America v. Anthony Bennett
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 am

http://www.mied.uscourts.gov/Judges/guidelines/index.cfm?judgeID=23
United States District Court - Eastern District of Michigan

Practice Guidelines for Magistrate Judge Charles E. Binder
_______

http://www.mied.uscourts.gov/
United States District Court - Eastern District of Michigan - Homepage
~~~~~

Excellent site for research!
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:30 am

http://www.abc12.com/story/18924737/high-profile-lawyer-takes-over-assault-case
WJRT - Flint, MI -- Posted: Jun 30, 2012 10:09 PM CDT Updated: Jun 30, 2012 10:11 PM CDT

High-profile lawyer takes over assault case

Snipped:

ABC News has learned Detroit attorney Anthony Chambers has been assigned to the case. Chambers handles a lot of high-profile cases. He was the lawyer for Umar Farouk Abdul-Mutallab, better known as the underwear bomber. Bennett has his detention hearing until next week.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 am

Attorney representing Anthony Bennett:

http://www.michbar.org/memberdirectory/detail.cfm?PID=38177
State Bar of Michigan

Snipped:

Anthony T. Chambers—P38177 (active and in good standing)

Michigan Licensed: 11/19/1985

Chambers & Associates PLLC
535 Griswold St Ste 1330
Detroit, MI 48226

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:04 am

Bennett charged in federal court

By SUSAN FIELD
The Morning Sun - Mount Pleasant, MI

Posted: 06/30/12 12:01 am
Updated: 06/30/12 07:01 am

Anthony Bennett is pictured in an undated file photo.
Bennett has been listed as a person of interest in the
disappearance of Carnel Chamberlain. According to
reports, Carnel’s body was found at his home at
7340 E. Tomah Road on Thursday.

Anthony Michael Bennett, the man police called a person of interest in the Carnel Chamberlain disappearance, was charged in federal court Friday.

Bennett, 20, is currently facing one charge of assault resulting in serious bodily injury to a child under 16, according to records in the U.S. district Court for the Eastern District of Michigan in Bay City.

A federal judge in Bay City explained the charges against Anthony Bennett and sent him back to jail Friday to await a detention hearing next week. Prosecutors don’t want the 20-year-old to be released on bond. They would not comment when asked if Bennett was being charged with assault as a way of holding him until a more serious charge is brought.

Crime scene technicians and FBI agents found Carnel’s burned body under a porch at his mother’s home on East Tomah Road in Chippewa Township Thursday.

The boy’s mother, 21-year-old Jaimee Chamberlain, has said Bennett was in charge of watching Carnel while she was at work. When she returned, the boy was gone.

Snipped:

United States Magistrate Judge Charles E. Binder ruled that there was probable cause to charge Bennett with abusing Carnel, according to court records.

While Bennett is not charged with murdering Carnel, who was reported missing June 21, that is likely a preliminary charge to keep him in custody until he can be indicted on more serious charges.

Bennett did not appear with a lawyer Friday, but Detroit attorney Anthony Chambers later was assigned to the case. Chambers declined to comment, saying he hadn’t talked to Bennett and wasn’t familiar yet with the evidence.

Snipped:

The criminal case against Bennett is being handled by federal officials because they have jurisdiction over felony crimes involving Natives in Indian County.

Read multi-page article:

http://www.themorningsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120630/NEWS01/120629671/bennett-charged-in-federal-court
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:25 am

http://www.baycounty-mi.gov/Sheriff/JailInformation.aspx
Bay County Sheriff's Office - Jail Information - Bay City, MI

Bay County Jail Information
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 am

http://wtvbam.com/news/articles/2012/jun/30/mt-pleasant-murder-could-meant-the-death-penalty-for-the-killer/
WTVB-AM Coldwater, MI -- 6/30/12

Mt. Pleasant murder could mean the death penalty for the killer

Snipped:

Right now Bennett is being held by Federal Marshals for assaulting the boy prior to his death. If he is ultimately charged with his murder, because it took place on an Indian Reservation, which is considered federal land, the federal death penalty could apply.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:18 am

I really hope Federal charges will put this vile disgusting killer where he belongs.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:20 am

http://www.sagchip.org/publicrelations/2012/2012-0629-4YearOldMissing.htm
Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan

Press release 6/29/12
________

http://www.sagchip.org/publicrelations/2012/2012-0622-4YearOldMissing.htm
Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan

Timeline of Events

4 YR. OLD TRIBAL YOUTH FOUND
Update. 9 pm. Thursday, June 28

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:05 am

Ann Tx- The Law you mentioned, " by ommision",
EVERY State should have such a Law!
It makes me feel better to know that at least someone
is taking a hard stand in the name of these HELPLESS
Kids. I commend You for being an advocate, I don't think
I would have the Mental Toughness to deal with it.

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 am

The following video was added to Nancy Grace's website on 6/29/12:

Click to play

Source:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/06/28/cops-new-info-emerges-search-carnel
HLNTV.com - Nancy Grace -- 6/28/12

New info emerges about slain 4-year-old boy

By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 5:00 PM EDT, Fri June 29, 2012

NEED TO KNOW

•Carnel Chamberlain vanished while his mom was at work & her boyfriend was babysitting
•Police reportedly found his body under the patio of his home
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 am

Unable to view videos on my computer.

What NEW info did NG uncover?

Cracks me up that the site says the body was found under the PATIO.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 am

Marica - Carnel's Mom said the bf told her Carnel was outside in the 3 1/2 foot deep pool at 9:30 at night, while bf was inside cleaning the house. bf also said he was filling tub for mom and it overflowed, but she found tub only half full. mom saw 2 wet brown stains on the carpet, area around the stains were dry, she sopped it with a paper towel, it was brown on paper towel, she thought it was blood, she put her hand on the carpet stain, it was sticky, she smelled her hand, it smelled like cleaning products.

btw, NG's headlines under the video says Carnel's body was found under the home.
(under the deck/porch ---> under the patio ---> under the home)

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks Julie. I had read about the tub and carpet before, just didn't know it came from NG. At the time I wondered if he had drowned Carnel, nut then dismissed it as there was mention of the pool. I didn't know about the stains on the carpet.
Has there been any further info on the condition of Carnel's body? I've always heard it takes a very hot fire to burn a body. Also wondering if it has been determined where he attempted the burn.
I've found it a bit unbelievable that someone looked under the porch and didn't see anything, but I suppose whom ever was looking for a child and probably wouldn't have noticed disturbed earth.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:55 am

You're welcome, and that's all I know.

I wondered about where the burn site could have been too. Surely if it was in the yard, they would notice charred grass, etc. I hope this isn't too morbid, but have they checked for a grill? Oh, I hated typing that.

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 am

Marica, here is the transcript from the NG Show regarding the above video:
~~~

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/29/ng.01.html
CNN - Transcripts - Nancy Grace air date 6/29/12

NANCY GRACE

Missing 4-year-old Carnel Chamberlain found Under Wooden Porch

Aired June 29, 2012 - 20:00 ET
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 am

There were construction workers working on a home next door to Chamerlin's home.

In this video, the construction worker that is being interviewed said one of the workers smelled a "funny" odor coming from the chimney at the Chamerlin home.
~~~~~

http://www.abc12.com/story/18915753/investigation-continues-into-death-of-4-year-old-carnel-chamberlain?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7453417
WJRT - Flint, MI (posted with 6/29/12 article - see upthread)

Video: Witnesses working nearby Carnel's home discuss what they heard
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:19 am

Marica wrote:Thanks Julie. I had read about the tub and carpet before, just didn't know it came from NG. At the time I wondered if he had drowned Carnel, nut then dismissed it as there was mention of the pool. I didn't know about the stains on the carpet.
Has there been any further info on the condition of Carnel's body? I've always heard it takes a very hot fire to burn a body. Also wondering if it has been determined where he attempted the burn.
I've found it a bit unbelievable that someone looked under the porch and didn't see anything, but I suppose whom ever was looking for a child and probably wouldn't have noticed disturbed earth.

Marica,

Both, Jaimee and Anthony Bennett were questioned by the police on the night that Carnel was reported "missing". Jaimee, Carnel's mother, took a polygraph text, Bennett refused to take one, the next day, the police brought Bennett in for questioning under a different warrant, they took photographs of his body, he reportedly had scratches on his arms.

I believe Carnel was killed inside the house. On the day that the cadaver dogs were brought to the house and Carnel's body was found under the porch, the forensic team continued to work inside, and outside of the house, into the late night hours.

I am waiting for Anthony Bennett to be charged with Carnel's murder, the police arrested him on a lesser felony charge but I hope the charges for first degree murder are being drafted "as we speak". I am so incensed!
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:33 am

by glazier Today at 12:05 am
~~~~~~~

glazier, I wish every state would enact tougher laws regarding the murder or abuse that eventually leads to the murder of a child.

In some of these cases, the murderer burns the body of the child. I assume to destroy evidence such as DNA, manner of death, etc.

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:41 am

Ann - Tx wrote:
There were construction workers working on a home next door to Chamerlin's home.

In this video, the construction worker that is being interviewed said one of the workers smelled a "funny" odor coming from the chimney at the Chamerlin home.
~~~~~

http://www.abc12.com/story/18915753/investigation-continues-into-death-of-4-year-old-carnel-chamberlain?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7453417
WJRT - Flint, MI (posted with 6/29/12 article - see upthread)

Video: Witnesses working nearby Carnel's home discuss what they heard

Thanks Ann. I didn't know this.
Sick.

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 pm

There is a hearing scheduled for tomorrow......

"Bennett faces a charge of assault resulting in substantial bodily injury to a child under 16, and was sent back to jail after the brief hearing in federal court in Bay City to await a detention hearing Tuesday.

Federal prosecutors, who handle major crimes on Indian reservations, do not want him released on bond, but would not comment when asked if Bennett was being charged with assault as a way of holding him until a more serious charge is brought."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/30/anthony-bennett-beat-carnel-chamberlain-charges_n_1639763.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:29 pm

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/06/neighbors_searched_until_4_am.html
Neighbors searched through the night for 4-year-old still missing in Mount Pleasant
(Published: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 6:30 AM Updated: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 12:27 AM)

older article but i don't remember reading it, trying to get timeline in my head

...neighbors saw him jumping on a trampoline in his backyard Thursday afternoon.

Jackson said she used to chat often with Jaimee's grandmother, Joanne, who lived in the house until she moved out last Fall. Jaimee and Carnel had often been around the home in recent years, Jackson said.

After the house sat vacant for a few months, Jaimee and her boyfriend moved in with Carnel.
Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:51 pm

http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/family-of-carnel-chamberlain-wants-more-answers.html
Family of Carnel Chamberlain Wants More Answers

The FBI is now serving as the lead law enforcement agency in the criminal investigation.

With this transition, information pertaining to the case is sketchy at best. Even as late as Friday night, there has been no formal acknowledgement by the law enforcement that a body was even discovered. Members of the media have relied on family members to confirm a recovery Carnel's body.

Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Honeysage wrote:http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/family-of-carnel-chamberlain-wants-more-answers.html
Family of Carnel Chamberlain Wants More Answers

The FBI is now serving as the lead law enforcement agency in the criminal investigation.

With this transition, information pertaining to the case is sketchy at best. Even as late as Friday night, there has been no formal acknowledgement by the law enforcement that a body was even discovered. Members of the media have relied on family members to confirm a recovery Carnel's body.

They have been very tight lipped about the investigation, they haven't even had a press conference about the case, I am hoping for some reports to be officially released soon.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:41 pm

cannot believe there is nothing new on news today. autopsy must be complete, new charges against AB...something, anything?
what other evidence would they have been looking for by tearing apart the porch and side of the house?
Carnel was seen on trampoline in afternoon by neighbors, mom says he was in house watching cartoons when she left for her 3:45 shift, by 5:00 there was odd smelling smoke coming from chimney.
does seem things happened quickly...pre-meditation?
this case makes me so sad, the fear that Carnel must have had being left alone with that monster-

Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Carnel Chamberlain family spokesman: 'We cannot condone the actions of either adults in this situation'

Published: Monday, July 02, 2012, 6:00 PM

By Brad Devereaux | bdeverea@mlive.com The Saginaw News

MOUNT PLEASANT, MI — A spokesman said members of Carnel Chamberlain's family are supportive of his mother, Jaimee Chamberlain, though upset about events that happened before the 4-year-old’s death.

“We certainly can’t condone the actions of either adults in this situation,” Kevin Chamberlain said. “You just can’t condone it. Does the family believe that (Jaimee) wants her child dead? No.”

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/07/carnel_chamberlain_family_spok.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeysage on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:35 pm

thank you for the link. so sad they cannot even plan a funeral yet.

Honeysage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top