Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Ann - Tx wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/23/jerry-sandusky-what-next/
FOX News - 6/23/12

Jerry Sandusky: What's next?
Listening to talk show discuss Sanducky.
Apparently, there are at least 4 other males who were minors, just boys, when they were molested by Sanducky. This does not include the adopted son.

There ARE going to be 3 others from the Penn State associations of Sanducky who will be facing trials. Curlie, college president, and a third one. Missed the name. This may or may not include the two who testified for the defense; those two will be facing trial as at least one of them said HE showered with boys while at Penn state and these two both stated they say nothing wrong with showering with boys.

If you are confused by what I have written, let me know and i will re-state it. Cool
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Well, truthfully, I am amazed at the jury.
I figured they would be a hung jury.
Kind of like the OJ thing where the jury here would identify with the Ducky, ol' boy thing, if you will. Protect your own; deny anything had really happened because that is what you want it to appear like.

I figgered the jury would vote in favor of the Ducky.

I am delightfully surprised the jury DID hear the testimony and weighed it carefully. I am pleased I was so very wrong. Kind of knocked the skepticism out of me for the day! Shocked I like that.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Penn State Values: The System That Discourages Making Waves

by Paul Campos Jun 24, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

It wasn't just university leadership that enabled Jerry Sandusky. It was a system that discourages making waves at all costs—and it infects every corner of America. By Paul Campos.

The moral of the Jerry Sandusky saga is this: Pennsylvania State University, as an institution, decided that protecting Joe Paterno’s reputation and winning a few more football games was more important than stopping the ongoing rape of young boys.

Jerry Sandusky is led to a police car in handcuffs after his guilty verdict. (Rob Carr / Getty Images)

Of course, no one ever said anything like that out loud. Indeed, it’s likely that none of the many people who knew or suspected that Sandusky was a child molester ever made a conscious calculation that protecting the football program was more important than protecting the boys Sandusky was raping.

Such a level of conscious sociopathic indifference to suffering is fairly rare. What isn’t rare are all the psychological, social, and legal mechanisms that allow someone like Sandusky to flourish in the midst of Our Great Little Town.........

Read more:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/24/penn-state-values-the-system-that-discourages-making-waves.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:You guys are all causing me issues Very Happy
I am vacillating about Paterno and you all make very good points. So my conclusion to this matter in my mind is:

It's too damn bad a man died with his reputation and good name so tarnished.
Here's the thing:
I don't see Paterno as good or as bad.
He may have believed or wanted to believe nothing was going on.
That PD would investigate and notify him IF there was something to be concerned about.
He may have innocently looked the other way.
Then again, maybe he was basically a good guy but his fault was he could not take the leadership on this one for what ever reasons. Blame it on his health. Blame it on his not wanting to sully the name of Penn State. For whatever reason, Paterno lacked the inner courage to CONFRONT Sanducky. Maybe, he just wanted it to all go away and he froze in his actions.

So the lack of actions by Paterno WAS his weakness; for whatever reason he could not act.But this lack of action, the weakness, endangered more children and created more anguished victims and families and will end up costing Penn State OTHER employees, reputation of the school, and millions in settlements. It would have been better to have dealt with it at the time rather than delay it. Kind of like that old saying, "A stitch in time saves nine."

I am sure Paterno has many wonderful strengths and will always be kindly remembered by those close to him. However, he was judged in the area of leadership and found to be lacking at a critical time when boys well being was at stake.

This is what Val was trying to tell us: We each have strengths and weaknesses. Don't throw out the whole person but get in on that and identify what is what in a person.
(Don't ask me about the Ducky right now.)
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by nanshin on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Freckles wrote:
Chickenbutt wrote:You guys are all causing me issues Very Happy
I am vacillating about Paterno and you all make very good points. So my conclusion to this matter in my mind is:

It's too damn bad a man died with his reputation and good name so tarnished.
Here's the thing:
I don't see Paterno as good or as bad.
He may have believed or wanted to believe nothing was going on.
That PD would investigate and notify him IF there was something to be concerned about.
He may have innocently looked the other way.
Then again, maybe he was basically a good guy but his fault was he could not take the leadership on this one for what ever reasons. Blame it on his health. Blame it on his not wanting to sully the name of Penn State. For whatever reason, Paterno lacked the inner courage to CONFRONT Sanducky. Maybe, he just wanted it to all go away and he froze in his actions.

So the lack of actions by Paterno WAS his weakness; for whatever reason he could not act.But this lack of action, the weakness, endangered more children and created more anguished victims and families and will end up costing Penn State OTHER employees, reputation of the school, and millions in settlements. It would have been better to have dealt with it at the time rather than delay it. Kind of like that old saying, "A stitch in time saves nine."

I am sure Paterno has many wonderful strengths and will always be kindly remembered by those close to him. However, he was judged in the area of leadership and found to be lacking at a critical time when boys well being was at stake.

This is what Val was trying to tell us: We each have strengths and weaknesses. Don't throw out the whole person but get in on that and identify what is what in a person.
(Don't ask me about the Ducky right now.)

Freckles, very well said. It is truly a weakness that just kept snowballing. As you said, look how many people this has cost anguish, pain and turmoil. Sad to say, another generation will feel the impact.
nanshin

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Nanshin-
I don't excuse Joe P for he did have a role of responsibility and failed to use it prudently. However, I also want to understand the fabric of the man. I don't see him as mean or selfish just fallible.

On the other hand, I see Sanducky as mean, evil, and plotting to use charm, trinkets, to further his own cause--- a sexual perversion leading to the destruction of children, a destruction of trust from children, damage to a respected University, and damage to other employees and the surrounding community. One man with so much power failed to properly use it; another man created his own power for his own use. Oddly, they BOTH worked to undermine so much with the lack of actions AND with the actions. Isn't that odd?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:50 pm

clipped from another poster's link:
" Joe Paterno, who I consider one of the finest coaches and, far more, “molders of men” I have ever known, had to know more than he ever told. The fact he later lamented, “I should have done,” speaks volumes but the possibility Sandusky might had then added a victim or two makes such a statement unforgiveable. "

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/6/24/228960/Roy-Exum--Why-Jerry-Sandusky-Why.aspx

Whoa! ". Since he is not in poor health, he will likely be assigned to a general population prison but, due to the nature of his crime and his notoriety, he is expected to be kept in a segregated area in the early stages."[i]
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Dismissed juror tells 6News Sandusky admired victims on the stand “like they were his lovers”

Posted: 3:33 p.m. Saturday, June 23, 2012
By Gary Sinderson

CENTRE COUNTY, Pa. —

The juror who was dismissed from the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse trial due to illness spoke exclusively with WJAC-TV 6News reporter Gary Sinderson about the selection process and testimony hours before the verdict was reached Friday.

Juror Number 6, who was dismissed Wednesday because she was too sick to hear the final day of testimony in the trial, would only identify herself by her first name, Allie.

Read more: http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/dismissed-juror-tells-6news-sandusky-admired-victi/nPc5m/

Video at link.
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/47934473/#47934473
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:13 pm

snowbird wrote:
They have subpoena records records of interview and out of court settlement for Sandusky from the PSU, this tells me they suspect that other people came forward and was paid off. They also want records of payment made by the PSU trustee to the school or the a third party on behalf of school. So I think they should be real afraid, I would think they would have to know something to get these subpoenas.

Now that interests me. I've often wondered if PSU actually DID know who that boy was that McQ caught Sandusky with and they simply paid them off. I figure that's why that boy has never come forward.

But I'm probably wrong.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Thank you for that link, J4A, on the dismissed juror. I'm so glad she brought up the gazing. I remember reading several tweets and reports commenting it on it on IS. I worried they wouldn't catch it or wouldn't see it for what it was. So glad they(or at least this juror) did.

So glad he's behind bars and will likely never see the outside of prison ever again.

I also firmly believe Dottie Sandusky knew. She doesn't strike me as a woman who was blinded by love or who has blinders on. She knew. I don't know if she didn't say anything about it because she was just glad it wasn't her or if it's because she didn't really care about these kids(they were throw-aways afterall in her mind) or she liked her comfortable lifestyle, but I have no doubt she knew and probably helped him along. I do wish there was someway to prosecute her. I don't ever want to hear to try to make herself into a victim or claim she was tricked by her husband.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:52 pm

back2back19 wrote:Thank you for that link, J4A, on the dismissed juror. I'm so glad she brought up the gazing. I remember reading several tweets and reports commenting it on it on IS. I worried they wouldn't catch it or wouldn't see it for what it was. So glad they(or at least this juror) did.

So glad he's behind bars and will likely never see the outside of prison ever again.

I also firmly believe Dottie Sandusky knew. She doesn't strike me as a woman who was blinded by love or who has blinders on. She knew. I don't know if she didn't say anything about it because she was just glad it wasn't her or if it's because she didn't really care about these kids(they were throw-aways afterall in her mind) or she liked her comfortable lifestyle, but I have no doubt she knew and probably helped him along. I do wish there was someway to prosecute her. I don't ever want to hear to try to make herself into a victim or claim she was tricked by her husband.

Tom Klein, the lawyer for Victim 5, also said that Sandusky stared at his client in a very odd way.

Lawyer: Sandusky gave alleged victim odd stare in court

June 13th, 2012
09:21 PM ET

Tom Kline, a lawyer for alleged "victim 5," says his client felt Jerry Sandusky was was trying to make him uncomfortable in court.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/13/lawyer-sandusky-gave-alleged-victim-odd-stare-in-court/

Lawyer describes Sandusky's 'awkward' stare at victim

June 23rd, 2012
06:19 AM ET

The lawyer for victim #5 describes Sandusky's "awkward" stare in court. He says he's not worried about the defense appealing the case.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/23/lawyer-describes-sanduskys-awkward-stare-at-victim/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Bat Woman on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:21 pm

back2back19 wrote:Thank you for that link, J4A, on the dismissed juror. I'm so glad she brought up the gazing. I remember reading several tweets and reports commenting it on it on IS. I worried they wouldn't catch it or wouldn't see it for what it was. So glad they(or at least this juror) did.

I was about to make a comment when I noticed your post.

I believe that Dottie Sandusky is culpable in this horrific mess. Was this a classic case of ignorance is bliss? incredible stupidity? or I see no evil so therefore I am a loyal & perfect wife?

ps: ITA with the points you've made.

Bat Woman

Mood : Indifferent

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Double post

Last edited by back2back19 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

TODAY | Aired on June 22, 2012

Alleged Sandusky victim breaks silence

Travis Weaver, who alleges that he was abused by former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, tells NBC’s Kate Snow, “I’ll be OK when he’s in prison.”

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47917168#47917168
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Honestly? I just think Dottie Sandusky didn't care. Some of this stuff happened in HER HOUSE. HER house. When she was home. Unless it's true that the basement is sound proof there is no way she wasn't aware of it.

I don't think Sandusky threatened her to keep her quite or to keep her from leaving him. It just seems like she didn't care what he did. And if it's true that he molested Matt(which I think he did), then we can't even argue that she was trying to protect her own children from him. Maybe it was simply "Better them than me?" I doubt they ever had a conventional marriage.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Jerry Sandusky - biography

http://www.biography.com/people/jerry-sandusky-20857249
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Penn State alumni fear closure unobtainable from Jerry Sandusky trial

Published: Sunday, June 24, 2012, 4:55 AM

By David Foster | The Express-Times

Even after the 45th guilty count was read to Jerry Sandusky late Friday night -- virtually ensuring the child abuser will be locked up for life -- Penn State alumni continue to grapple with the long-term implications of the case.

Former athletic director Tim Curley and former vice president Gary Schultz, a Nazareth native, are awaiting trial for perjury and failing to report an allegation of sexual assault by Sandusky in a Penn State locker room in 2002.

In addition, a comprehensive investigation conducted by former FBI director Louis Freeh into the child sex abuse allegations against Sandusky will be released in the future.

For a Lehigh Valley attorney who ran an unsuccessful bid earlier this year for the Penn State Board of Trustees, Freeh’s report could provide the most damaging blow to Happy Valley.

Read more:
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2012/06/penn_state_alumni_fear_closure.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:24 pm

back2back19 wrote:Honestly? I just think Dottie Sandusky didn't care. Some of this stuff happened in HER HOUSE. HER house. When she was home. Unless it's true that the basement is sound proof there is no way she wasn't aware of it.

I don't think Sandusky threatened her to keep her quite or to keep her from leaving him. It just seems like she didn't care what he did. And if it's true that he molested Matt(which I think he did), then we can't even argue that she was trying to protect her own children from him. Maybe it was simply "Better them than me?" I doubt they ever had a conventional marriage.
You said what I have been thinking.
Hard to think Sanducky is always taking off to take the "boys" places, bringing them to sleep in her own home (while she is in her own bed her hubby is in the basement) and she never checks on him? Wow. She is a rather cold little fish.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jerry Sandusky - biography

Thanks, Alessandra.

Clipped from your link:
" Newsweek reported that the number could be as high as 100. "
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Freckles wrote:
You said what I have been thinking.
Hard to think Sanducky is always taking off to take the "boys" places, bringing them to sleep in her own home (while she is in her own bed her hubby is in the basement) and she never checks on him? Wow. She is a rather cold little fish.

I still think she lied on the stand and she walked in on her husband abusing that child in the hotel bathroom or doing something in appropeiate to him, just like he said on the stand.

But my big fear with her is that she will try to claim to be one of his victims, as well and she'll claim she didn't know anything or she couldn't do anything because she was frightened(but really, he preys on young children, not grown adults). She's just as bad as him. She's like the PSU folks(except with more knowledge) who put herself, her lifestyle, her image in the community above and beyond those innocent children. I also wouldn't be surprised if he abused the other sons(the daughter was probably the only one who didn't have to go through it, though I wouldn't be shocked if she knew and like her mother, looked away).

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:41 pm

Freckles wrote:

Thanks, Alessandra.

Clipped from your link:

Freckles, I'm afraid there are numerous victims that we haven't heard about. I don't believe that the cycle of abuse started 15 years ago, Sandusky created his charity to help "children at risk" in 1977, 35 years ago.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Freckles wrote:

Thanks, Alessandra.

Clipped from your link:

There's no way it's only 100 victims. There's no way Sandusky was only doing these things over the last 15 years. I personally think he's been doing it since he was a teenager. Someone needs to go back and thoroughly investigate his background and see what they can unearth.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Pennsylvania

FAQs on Statute Of Limitations In Child Abuse Cases

http://www.pcar.org/policy/statute-of-limitations-child-abuse

Pennsylvania

Civil Statute of Limitations

Statute of Limitations and Sexual Abuse Cases

In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations in most civil assault cases is two years from the date of the injury. If the injured victim is under the age of eighteen (18), the victim must file suit before they reach the age of twenty (20). However, the statute of limitations in sexual abuse and molestation cases in Pennsylvania is not as clear cut as it may seem. Pennsylvania law, 42 Pa. C.S. §5533 (b)(2)(i), presently states that victims of sexual abuse and molestation who are under the age of eighteen (18) when the sexual abuse or molestation occurs, must file suit before they turn thirty (30). This law was enacted on August 27, 2002. Individuals who were childhood victims of sexual abuse or molestation in Pennsylvania before this law was enacted are not afforded this extended statute of limitations, and thus are required to file suit before they turn twenty (20).

http://www.midstatelaw.com/Sexual-Physical-Abuse-Molestation/Overcoming-Sexual-Abuse-Statute-of-Limitations.shtml

More information:

http://www.sol-reform.com/Pages/sub/SOL/Pennsylvania.html

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Penn State braces for civil lawsuits

Published: June 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM

STATE COLLEGE, Pa., June 24 (UPI) -- Penn State University could be facing at least six civil suits now that former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky has been convicted of child sex crimes.

USA Today reported Sunday six of the eight known male victims have hired lawyers since Sandusky was convicted Friday of 45 of the 48 sex-related counts in Bellefonte, Pa.

Attorney Tom Kline, who represents one of the victims, told the newspaper he was already preparing a case against Sandusky and the university.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/06/24/Penn-State-braces-for-civil-lawsuits/UPI-16561340549134/?spt=hs&or=tn
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:54 am

Aless-
I would agree there are more vics.
Yes, if pressed, Dottie would scream to the roof top of how SHE, was abused and threatened into silence. I don't think she was. (IMO, she was not concerned with the empty spot in their bed and probably preferred it to his potential groping. However, because they have no natural children and all the vics were male, I wonder if this was a :marriage of "convenience" to cover potential homosexuality--- something frowned on in the sports world. But it would explain Dottie not knowing and not CARING to know. )

I disagree with when the Ducky started abusing other boys. IMO, he was probably about ten years old and was just getting curious. He may have had a "show with no tell" with other boys about that time. He has not grown beyond the fascination of HIS own body. Interesting the ages of the vics with some as young as that ten years old I mentioned. The pattern's of grooming and abuse are very similar while the "hush up" gifts are personally adjusted to the vics. The letters are self serving --- guilt trips placed on the child--- often a person lacking in support and love and acceptance--- in an attempt to make the child bear the burden of protecting the Ducky who loves the child unconditionally. Supposedly. IMO.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:50 am

back2back19 wrote:Honestly? I just think Dottie Sandusky didn't care. Some of this stuff happened in HER HOUSE. HER house. When she was home. Unless it's true that the basement is sound proof there is no way she wasn't aware of it.

I think Dottie was just a front for him. Show the world he is married and adopting children and no one would ever suspect anything. I don't doubt for a moment that Dotty knew what was going on and turn her back. She had a life of luxery, he made very good money and she didn't have anything to worry about. She didn't care about those kids. She probably thoght "better them than me". If she did know and did nothing about it than she is just as guilty.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:19 am

Jail inmates taunt Sandusky with Pink Floyd anthem it's been reported that disgraced ex-coach Jerry Sandusky was further shamed upon arriving at a Bellefonte prison by inmates taunting him with rounds of the lyric "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone" from "The Wall."
http://now.msn.com/now/0624-sandusky-singing.aspx?ocid=ansnow11
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am

Disgraced Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky headed to jail as civil actions await him

Convicted child molester found guilty last week will have a pile of civil claims against him as his legal team begins the appeal process

By Teri Thompson, Michael O’keeffe AND Christian Red / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Jerry Sandusky is likely to face a large amount of civil litigation after his criminal conviction.

Jerry Sandusky’s lawyers say they will appeal several issues in the wake of the former Penn State football coach’s conviction on 45 of 48 counts of child sex abuse Friday. But no matter how the appeals process plays out, Sandusky’s legal troubles are far from over, experts say.

By the time Sandusky is transferred to a state penitentiary in the next months, a mountain of civil claims against him are sure to be underway, and he could face new criminal charges as well, according to Jeff Anderson and Benjamin Cardozo law school professor Marci Hamilton. Anderson and Hamilton jointly represent Travis Weaver, whose suit against Sandusky, Penn State and The Second Mile charity Sandisky founded, claims he was abused as a boy by Sandusky over 100 times.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/disgraced-penn-state-coach-jerry-sandusky-headed-jail-civil-actions-await-article-1.1101720
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 am

Why Did the Lawyers’ Post–Sandusky Conviction Comments Shield Penn State From Shame?

by Buzz Bissinger Jun 25, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

~Snipped~

.....But there was no reading of the counts. Instead came the campaign circus in the form of the biggest clown of all, Sandusky attorney Joseph Amendola. He seemed almost giddy to be back in front of the cameras now that the gag order had been lifted, another shot of seltzer down his pants, forgetting to wear his size 22 sneakers, honking red nose. His greatest concern was to make sure the two bulbous microphones in front worked, bending them back and forth for maximum sound.

The tone of his voice did turn into one of conviction when he verbally genuflected before the trial judge, John Cleland, over and over and over, as though he was trying vainly to repair his tattered reputation, gain a reference. He knew the jury’s verdict was coming. He seemed not to particularly care and more intent on staying in front of the microphones as long as he possibly could until someone finally ushered him away.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/25/why-did-the-lawyers-post-sandusky-conviction-comments-shield-penn-state-from-shame.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:21 am

Weeziethm wrote:Jail inmates taunt Sandusky with Pink Floyd anthem it's been reported that disgraced ex-coach Jerry Sandusky was further shamed upon arriving at a Bellefonte prison by inmates taunting him with rounds of the lyric "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone" from "The Wall."
http://now.msn.com/now/0624-sandusky-singing.aspx?ocid=ansnow11

LOL! Cool
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:25 am

watching IS interview of Rominger - he says that if he is sentenced concurrently they think he can get off with 10-20 years total. They are going to use his 'good deeds' with 2nd Mile as mitigating factors to reduce his sentence. They will probably also use Dottie to tell how wonderful JS really is.

as if!!??!!
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:26 am

The appeals:
One of the grounds they are filing is the vid/aud of the interview Ducky did had a repeat of Ducky stating he did not molest the boys but he enjoyed the company of the boys. IMO, I don't think the repeat of his statements injured him; that was minor and just saved the prosecution from having to say his words over and ove in closing. What hurt him was his attitude and the very statements from the boys.

I feel for Matt. IMO, he probably had difficulty fitting into the home to begin with and the others may have been jealous IF Ducky preferred the company of Matt--- and then heaped material goods and opportunities on him. It is a terrible price to pay, IMO.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:28 am

Cubs Fan wrote:watching IS interview of Rominger - he says that if he is sentenced concurrently they think he can get off with 10-20 years total. They are going to use his 'good deeds' with 2nd Mile as mitigating factors to reduce his sentence. They will probably also use Dottie to tell how wonderful JS really is.

as if!!??!!
That would be a shame, IMO.
If they do this, then it is time for the next trial and let Matt testify along with 4 other known vics. Get this jerk off the street for good! (Think he will lose a bit of wt eating his cheese sandwiches?) Laughing
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 am

Cubs Fan wrote:watching IS interview of Rominger - he says that if he is sentenced concurrently they think he can get off with 10-20 years total. They are going to use his 'good deeds' with 2nd Mile as mitigating factors to reduce his sentence. They will probably also use Dottie to tell how wonderful JS really is.

as if!!??!!

Not yelling at you, Cubs Fan, but WTF.....what good deeds at 2nd Mile???? ALL OF HIS VICTIMS WERE GROOMED AND TARGETED BECAUSE THEY WERE IN THAT ORGANIZATION.

Argh.....consecutive sentence is my vote.
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:43 am

Weez - yeah that's what I was thinking, the prosecution showed that he trolled 2nd Mile for his victims, so there may have been many kids who got something good from it, but if JS only started it to find vulnerable kids I don't see how they can twist that into a 'good deed'. I wonder if the prosecution will try to use his abuse of the charity as a resource for his victims as an aggravating factor - that would be interesting!
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:48 am

Weeziethm wrote:

as if!!??!!

Not yelling at you, Cubs Fan, but WTF.....what good deeds at 2nd Mile???? ALL OF HIS VICTIMS WERE GROOMED AND TARGETED BECAUSE THEY WERE IN THAT ORGANIZATION.

Argh.....consecutive sentence is my vote.

The prosecution stated that he used "The Second Mile" as his private hunting ground for potential victims. I totally agree, Sandusky's charity cannot be used as a mitigating factor to ask for a lesser sentence.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:51 am

Cubs Fan wrote:Weez - yeah that's what I was thinking, the prosecution showed that he trolled 2nd Mile for his victims, so there may have been many kids who got something good from it, but if JS only started it to find vulnerable kids I don't see how they can twist that into a 'good deed'. I wonder if the prosecution will try to use his abuse of the charity as a resource for his victims as an aggravating factor - that would be interesting!

They could, his victims were enrolled in programs that were offered by the charity that he founded.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:56 am

Pedophiles Work Around Children:

The pedophile will often be employed in a position that involves daily contact with children. If not employed, he will put himself in a position to do volunteer work with children, often in a supervisory capacity such as sports coaching, contact sport instruction, unsupervised tutoring or a position where he has the opportunity to spend unsupervised time with a child.

The Target Child:

The pedophile often seeks out shy, handicapped, and withdrawn children, or those who come from troubled homes or under privileged homes. He then showers them with attention, gifts, taunting them with trips to desirable places like amusement parks, zoo's, concerts, the beach and other such places.

http://crime.about.com/od/sex/p/pedophile.htm
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Amendola will not represent Sandusky on his appeal, he will be a witness instead, Amendola will testify that Sandusky had ineffective assistance of counsel because his attorneys didn't have enough time to prepare a defense.

The judge said that Sandusky sentencing will take place in approximately 90 days and no one can file an appeal until then.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/24/us-usa-crime-sandusky-nbc-idUSBRE85N0OR20120624

If this has been posted, my apologies....I have to read to catch up now. This might be basis for appeal
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:00 pm

tesstruhart wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/24/us-usa-crime-sandusky-nbc-idUSBRE85N0OR20120624

If this has been posted, my apologies....I have to read to catch up now. This might be basis for appeal

Thank you Tess.

The judge provided an adequate remedy to the error by giving the jurors instructions and a transcript of the correct version of Costa's interview of Sandusky. I don't believe that something like a glitch in a recording can trump the witnesses testimonies and the jury verdict.

Sandusky's lawyers are grasping at straws. There will appeals until all the appeals are exhausted or the money runs out, whichever comes first.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Pennsylvania attorney general says Sandusky got fair trial

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:51pm EDT

(Reuters) - Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky received a fair trial and his lawyers' complaints of inadequate preparation time and an inaccurate version of a television interview shown to jurors should not be grounds for an appeal, Pennsylvania's attorney general said on Monday.

~Snipped~

"As far as the timing, the judge made it clear from the beginning to all the parties that he intended to move this case along quickly," Kelly said on CNN.

"We were anxious to have this case brought to a conclusion so that the defendant who was not in custody during the process ... so we could move to have his bond revoked."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/25/us-usa-crime-sandusky-idUSBRE85O0P120120625
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Juror #11 speaks up.

~~~~~~~

Juror on Sandusky: We felt he knew what he had done

June 25, 2012 5:03 AM

Jerry Sandusky is reportedly under suicide watch in jail after being convicted of sexually assaulting ten boys over a 15-year span. One juror explained the panel's ruling to "CBS This Morning" in her own words.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7412848n
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Is Dottie Sandusky guilty of child sexual abuse, too?

By Dr. Keith Ablow

Published June 25, 2012
FoxNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/25/is-dottie-sandusky-guilty-child-sexual-abuse-too/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Jerry Sandusky Guilty Verdict: Grounds for Appeal?

Dan Abrams discusses options for the former coach's defense team. 01:42 | 06/25/2012

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jerry-sandusky-guilty-verdict-grounds-appeal-16641943
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:37 pm

What's next for Jerry Sandusky?

Posted: Jun 24, 2012 3:53 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 25, 2012 4:44 AM CDT
By Karissa Shatzer - bio | email

~Snipped~

Sandusky is supposed to be sentenced within the next 90 days, but Chardo said it could take up to 120.

"There is the ability for the judge to expand that period," said Chardo. "And sometimes that's necessary, particularly when you're talking about offenses such as these that requires an evaluation by the Sexual Offender Assessment Board to determine whether or not he's a sexually violent predator."

That evaluation will come into play if Sandusky is paroled.

"But that seems at this point, given his age, an unlikely prospect," said Chardo

http://www.abc27.com/story/18867174/jerry-sandusky-trial-is-over-now-what
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:47 pm

[quote="Alessandra_Deux"]Pedophiles Work Around Children:

The pedophile will often be employed in a position that involves daily contact with children. If not employed, he will put himself in a position to do volunteer work with children, often in a supervisory capacity such as sports coaching, contact sport instruction, unsupervised tutoring or a position where he has the opportunity to spend unsupervised time with a child.

The Target Child:

The pedophile often seeks out shy, handicapped, and withdrawn children, or those who come from troubled homes or under privileged homes. He then showers them with attention, gifts, taunting them with trips to desirable places like amusement parks, zoo's, concerts, the beach and other such places.

http://crime.about.com/od/sex/p/pedophile.htm

Or he just SHOWERS THEM! The word choice!

When I heard about the accolades for Second Mile I thought I would barf!
Someone is missing a MAJOR piece of the puzzle! Wow.

BTW. When Ducky checked in, the prisoners were singing this song for him:
http://global.christianpost.com/news/jerry-sandusky-taunted-with-pink-floyd-song-by-inmates-leave-those-kids-alone-audio-77183/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPpAPIIZyo
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Victim No. 6: Violation and vindication

By Ann O'Neill, CNN
updated 5:37 AM EDT, Mon June 25, 2012

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- His heart pounded under his striped, maroon polo shirt as the one they call Alleged Victim No. 6 waited in a packed courtroom Friday night to hear the verdicts in the Jerry Sandusky child molestation case.

He is 25 now, lean and broad shouldered with short brown hair and big dark eyes. For years, he struggled with the fact that Sandusky, a local football hero, crossed the line with him in a locker room shower.

No. 6 was the only one of the accusers, the so-called "Sandusky 8," to come to court for the verdicts. He chewed gum with intensity, his jaws clenching and releasing as Sandusky, looking wan and bent in a brown sports jacket, lumbered into the courtroom shortly before 10 p.m.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/23/justice/sandusky-victim-number-six-reaction/index.html
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Survivors of Sexual Abuse Prevail in Pennsylvania:

The Lynn and Sandusky Cases Show Us What Justice Looks Like

June 25, 2012

Marci A. Hamilton

Remember this date: June 22, 2012. That was the day that Msgr. William Lynn and Jerry Sandusky were each taken from their separate courtrooms in Pennsylvania and escorted to jail, after each had been convicted by a jury of his peers of committing crimes against children. That is justice.

Jerry Sandusky: Convicted on 45 out of 48 Counts

Sandusky is the classic enterprising predator, who created opportunities for himself to “help” children in need so that he could groom them to need and trust him, and then eventually sexually assault them. Sandusky started the Second Mile charity for troubled children, and then handpicked the most vulnerable boys from the charity and brought them into his web of football camps, and his home, which was filled with children coming and going. He dazzled them with a front seat experience of Penn State football; with trips to Bowl games; with hobnobbing with Penn State coaches and players; with money, athletic shoes and equipment; and with what these boys needed most of all: attention.

Read more:
http://verdict.justia.com/2012/06/25/survivors-of-sexual-abuse-prevail-in-pennsylvania?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Verdict+%28Verdict+%7C+Legal+Analysis+and+Commentary+from+Justia%29

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top