Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

Post by Justice4all on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Jerry Sandusky wants out of isolation in jail, attorney says

Published: Monday, June 25, 2012, 1:24 PM
By SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News

Jerry Sandusky got his first visitor at the Centre County jail: attorney Karl Rominger.

Rominger said no friends or family have been allowed to visit the 68-year-old convicted pedophile because he's still waiting on a psychological evaluation.

The judge ordered that until that happens, Sandusky must remain in isolation and on suicide watch.

Right after leaving the jail, Rominger said Sandusky is "doing well" but getting antsy waiting for the evaluation.

Read more: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_wants_out_of_is.html
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Amendola will not represent Sandusky on his appeal, he will be a witness instead, Amendola will testify that Sandusky had ineffective assistance of counsel because his attorneys didn't have enough time to prepare a defense.

The judge said that Sandusky sentencing will take place in approximately 90 days and no one can file an appeal until then.

I don't think they have a prayer on that ineffective assistance of counsel argument. Even with the lack of time to prepare, Amendola still put on a decent case and he vigiouriously defended Sandusky, especially in his "acclaimed" closing. It was univerisally praised by everyone who was there to watch it. Some reporters even said they were swept up into what he was saying, until McGettigan got up and reminded them what this case was really about, so I don't think they have a chance on that. Not even on not getting enough time to prepare because that's up to an individual judge.

I don't think they have a chance on appeal at all. Even with the edited version of the interview; it was corrected and the jury was given a transcript. I don't see that working either.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Pennsylvania gov. on Sandusky, Penn State

June 25, 2012 5:03 AM

Jerry Sandusky faces life in prison after being convicted of sexually assaulting ten boys over 15-years. Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett speaks to the "CBS This Morning" co-hosts about the trial and how it could impact Penn State.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7412850n&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CBSNewsVideoUS+(CBSNews.com%C2%A0Video%3A+US)
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:04 pm

back2back19 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Amendola will not represent Sandusky on his appeal, he will be a witness instead, Amendola will testify that Sandusky had ineffective assistance of counsel because his attorneys didn't have enough time to prepare a defense.

The judge said that Sandusky sentencing will take place in approximately 90 days and no one can file an appeal until then.

I don't think they have a prayer on that ineffective assistance of counsel argument. Even with the lack of time to prepare, Amendola still put on a decent case and he vigiouriously defended Sandusky, especially in his "acclaimed" closing. It was univerisally praised by everyone who was there to watch it. Some reporters even said they were swept up into what he was saying, until McGettigan got up and reminded them what this case was really about, so I don't think they have a chance on that. Not even on not getting enough time to prepare because that's up to an individual judge.

I don't think they have a chance on appeal at all. Even with the edited version of the interview; it was corrected and the jury was given a transcript. I don't see that working either.

I agree.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Is Dottie Sandusky guilty of child sexual abuse, too?

By Dr. Keith Ablow

Published June 25, 2012
FoxNews.com

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/25/is-dottie-sandusky-guilty-child-sexual-abuse-too/

Wow, that is just creepy - thanks for sharing that link. I never thought of all those situations that could by why Dottie won't say she knew or suspected. Wonder if we'll ever know what she saw, heard, knew?
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubs Fan on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Justice4all wrote:Victim No. 6: Violation and vindication

By Ann O'Neill, CNN
updated 5:37 AM EDT, Mon June 25, 2012

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- His heart pounded under his striped, maroon polo shirt as the one they call Alleged Victim No. 6 waited in a packed courtroom Friday night to hear the verdicts in the Jerry Sandusky child molestation case.

He is 25 now, lean and broad shouldered with short brown hair and big dark eyes. For years, he struggled with the fact that Sandusky, a local football hero, crossed the line with him in a locker room shower.

No. 6 was the only one of the accusers, the so-called "Sandusky 8," to come to court for the verdicts. He chewed gum with intensity, his jaws clenching and releasing as Sandusky, looking wan and bent in a brown sports jacket, lumbered into the courtroom shortly before 10 p.m.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/23/justice/sandusky-victim-number-six-reaction/index.html

BBM - this is the first time I've heard that 'name' for the victims. I hate that the media would do that, calling them as a group by their abuser's name. If anything they should be the so-called "8 Survivors" or something like that. Sandusky 8 is a horrible way to refer to these young men.

JMO, but i had to say something here - I hope it doesn't become common here on RC to refer to them by that media name.
Cubs Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Lawyer: Jerry Sandusky still says he's not guilty

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Lawyer-Jerry-Sandusky-still-says-he-s-not-guilty-3660336.php

"He's defiant and wants the truth to be told. He wants people to know that he's not guilty," Rominger said. "That would be his hope."

"He is very disappointed to be in prison. He is anxious to get out of this suicide watch," Rominger said, adding that Sandusky told him: "If I have to keep sitting in this room for another three or four days without being able to talk to anybody, I might start to need help at that point."

Too bad, Jer ol' buddy tongue

Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Will Sandusky win an appeal?

June 25, 2012

On Monday, CNN's Soledad O'Brien asked Pennsylvania's Attorney General Linda Kelly if she believes Sandusky has enough grounds to win an appeal. Watch the video for Kelly's answer.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Sandusky's Victim 1 'Extremely Happy' But Struggling, Mom Says

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

By JIM AVILA (@JimAvilaABC)
June 25, 2012

The 45 guilty verdicts made it clear: The jury believed the eight young men who testified against Jerry Sandusky.

But before the jury read the verdicts to the court, the biggest fear for the victims and their families was that Sandusky would walk away a free man.

"That was my biggest fear ... that he would not be found guilty," said Victim 1's mother, who spoke exclusively to ABC News over the weekend.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jerry-sandusky-verdict-victim-1s-mother-speaks/story?id=16641259
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:05 pm

I can't imagine Sandisky has a chance at winning an appeal and Rominger is just nasty. I despise him. First, his giddiness over getting Sandusky off for one charge in the V2/McQueary incident was insulting(especially since the jury clearly found that Sandusky was doing something extremely sexual and wrong with V2; they just didn't feel they could convict him of rape since McQ didn't see penatration, not that they didn't think that was exactly what he was doing) when Sandusky was convicted on 4 other charges in that case, then his comments on how Amendola made a good case for ineffective assistance of counsel. The heck? How? Because he went off on an idiotic rant? That had nothing to do with how effective he was in the courtroom. Everyone praises him. He fought tooth and nail for his client, so yeah, no.... then his crap about Sandusky. Just go away.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Jerry Sandusky Juror Joshua Harper Discusses Deliberations While Victims' Families Talk

Posted: 06/25/2012 3:43 pm
Updated: 06/25/2012 3:43 pm

The sweeping guilty verdict in the Jerry Sandusky trial unleashed such strong emotions in one of the victims that it stopped him in his tracks.

The 18 year old identified in court as Accuser 1 was headed to work when his mother called him to relay the jury's verdict on Friday night finding Sandusky guilty of 45 crimes.

"He had to pull over his car," his mom told ABC News. "We talked about it for a few minutes. He was extremely happy."

Her son was the first victim to accuse the ex-Penn State assistant football coach of sexual abuse. A recent high school graduate, he testified about meeting Sandusky through his Second Mile charity.....

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/25/jerry-sandusky-juror-josh_n_1625166.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D173143
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Matt Sandusky Feared Perjury Charge Over Grand Jury Testimony

Matt Sandusky, adopted son of Jerry Sandusky, right, leaves the Centre County Courthouse in Bellefonte, Pa., in this June 22, 2012 photo. (Gene J. Puskar/AP Photo)

By COLLEEN CURRY
June 25, 2012

The adopted son of convicted child molester Jerry Sanduskydetailed claims of sex abuse in a 25-minute audio tape with police, but he also worried about a perjury charge because he told a grand jury nothing inappropriate ever happened.

Karl Rominger, one of Jerry Sandusky's defense attorneys, confirmed for ABC News the existence of the audio tape.

"As a general rule it's a tape of Matt (Sandusky) making the allegations. I don't feel comfortable going into specifics about what he says, but I'll say that he is an alleged victim, so that will tell you some," said Rominger, who has listened to the audio recording of the interview.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/matt-sandusky-told-police-feared-perjury-grand-jury/story?id=16644118
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Lawyer: Jerry Sandusky still says he's not guilty

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Lawyer-Jerry-Sandusky-still-says-he-s-not-guilty-3660336.php

"He's defiant and wants the truth to be told. He wants people to know that he's not guilty," Rominger said. "That would be his hope."

"He is very disappointed to be in prison. He is anxious to get out of this suicide watch," Rominger said, adding that Sandusky told him: "If I have to keep sitting in this room for another three or four days without being able to talk to anybody, I might start to need help at that point."

Too bad, Jer ol' buddy tongue

Weeziethm, imo, that's the saddest part of all, Sandusky doesn't think he has done anything wrong, he just doesn't get it.

Penn State can't wait to offer these attorney's representng the victim's money & a big CONFIDENTALITY contract along w/a big check to shut them up or possibly preventing the victim's from writing books in the future as part of the deal. Screw Penn State, although the "confidentiality clause" is common, I refused to sign one in the death of my sister, I wanted anyone to be able to read about her case, it was more important to me than any amount of money. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out, Penn State wants to move on & continue to seek donations from alumni imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm sorry about your sister art tart. :/

I didn't think of it like that. I hope they don't sign any confidentiality clauses. PSU should be publically exposed for every little thing that happened. People should never forget what happened to these young boys or the countless others that have not yet come forward. Their stories should be told and PSU shouldn't be allowed to hide.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 am

Exclusive: The Untold Drama of the Jerry Sandusky Trial

by Diane Dimond Jun 26, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

In court, a witness for the defense called the coach a ‘father figure.’ But behind the scenes, he was confronted about a Facebook message that alluded to abuse. Diane Dimond reports.

As Jerry Sandusky awaits a sentencing that will almost certainly put him behind bars for the rest of his life, a previously unrevealed exchange in court last week illustrates the ways in which his case will never be fully resolved.

The Daily Beast has learned that one of the defense’s key witnesses in the sexual-abuse case against the former Penn State coach—a young man who called Sandusky a “father figure” and a wholly positive influence on his life—may have reached out just days earlier out to a victims’ support group, using language that would suggest he may be a survivor of abuse himself. In an extraordinary behind-the-scenes meeting in the presence of the trial judge, the witness was apparently confronted about what appeared to be his confession, but the message was ultimately never presented as evidence.

Read more:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/26/exclusive-the-untold-drama-of-the-jerry-sandusky-trial.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:13 am

Rumored?

http://www.tanxd.com/vb/showthread.php?p=67287#post67287

Clipped-
" STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — The depiction of Jerry Sandusky on a well-known mural across the street from the Penn State campus has been replaced by an image of a poet and activist draped with a blue ribbon — a symbol for awareness of child sexual abuse"

http://newsok.com/artist-replaces-sa...397670/?page=2
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:15 am

Clipped--
" Rominger told the AP that Sandusky said that he's not suicidal and that he wants to get the separate psychological examination done so that he can receive visits from his friends and family."

http://newsok.com/artist-replaces-sandusky-image-on-penn-state-mural/article/feed/397670/?page=2
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 am

Artist replaces Sandusky image on Penn State mural

Passersby look at a mural Monday, June 25, 2012, in State College, Pa. Artist Michael Pilato on Monday painted a blue ribbon — a symbol for awareness of child sexual abuse — on the portion of his "Inspiration State College" mural downtown that once included Sandusky. Over the weekend, he replaced the Sandusky image with Van Kuren's red handprint and a depiction of Dora McQuaid, a poet and advocate for domestic and sexual violence victims and issues. McQuaid is a Penn State graduate and former professor. (AP Photo/Genaro C. Armas)

By Genaro C. Armas
Associated Press / June 26, 2012

STATE COLLEGE, Pa.—The depiction of Jerry Sandusky on a well-known mural across the street from the Penn State campus has been replaced by an image of a poet and activist draped with a blue ribbon -- a symbol for awareness of child sexual abuse.

It was artist Michael Pilato's latest step in erasing the image of the disgraced former assistant football coach following Sandusky's conviction last week on 45 counts at his child sex abuse trial.

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/articles/2012/06/26/artist_replaces_sandusky_image_on_penn_state_mural/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 am

I wish that all these news reports about Sandusky would just go away. Who cares how he is doing in jail. He is now a convicted criminal. I just think the attention the news is still giving him, is feeding his mind with his own greatness.
I don't care how he is doing in jail all I care about is his victim and the other trials pending against the other Penn State official.
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:52 am

Wow. That Daily Beast article makes me sick. I don't like that guy selling out an apparent victim. Even if he lied on the stand that dude should not be going around telling prosecutors. It was obvious enough just by tweets and articles, that witness was lying. I am sure the jury got that.

All articles on Sandusky being in jail and how he is doing should stop. No one cares.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:33 am

We all must stay vigilant to prevent child sexual abuse

Published: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 6:09 AM

By Patriot-News Editorial Board

We hope the Jerry Sandusky verdict will give more victims of sexual abuse the strength to come forward and communities the ability to understand anyone can be an abuser.

~~~~~

Reactions to the Jerry Sandusky trial could be summed up for many who watched it unfold as relief.

Relief that Sandusky will likely spend the rest of his life in prison, not allowed to harm any more children, and relief that the day-to-day spotlight on pedophilia is now over.

But let’s hope even though the trial is behind us the spotlight continues to glare on child sexual abuse and that instead of the end of something the Sandusky case is really the beginning.

http://www.pennlive.com/editorials/index.ssf/2012/06/we_all_must_stay_vigilant_to_p.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:38 am

Recording: Jerry Sandusky's son Matt tells police about molestation

Published: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 8:43 AM
Updated: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 9:17 AM

By The Patriot-News

MSNBC has a recording of Matt Sandusky telling police that his adoptive father, Jerry Sandusky, molested him when he was a foster child staying in the Sandusky house. According to the report from the "Today" show, Matt Sandusky's reports are close to those of some of the victims who testified at Jerry Sandusky's trial. Matt Sandusky said he'd pretend to be asleep or try to run away to avoid being touched.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sanduskys_son_matt_tells.html

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/47959226#47959226

~~~~~

Judge issues protective order on Jerry Sandusky evidence after NBC airs tape of adoptive son talking about sex abuse

By Staff and Wire Reports

Published: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 12:50 p.m

STATE COLLEGE — The presiding judge over the Jerry Sandusky trial issued a protective order on Tuesday banning the release of any evidentiary material in the wake of NBC News airing an excerpt of a tape in which Matt Sandusky tells police he was abused by Sandusky starting when he was 8 years old.

The alleged assault was a decade before the former Penn State defensive coordinator adopted Matt Sandusky as an adult. The revelation is contained in a police interview recording obtained by NBC.

http://triblive.com/news/2100945-74/sandusky-matt-jerry-defense-jury-grand-order-judge-tape-state

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Pa. attorney general hopefuls say justice was served by Jerry Sandusky verdict

Published: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 10:32 AM Updated: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:13 AM

By JAN MURPHY, The Patriot-News

Republican Attorney General candidate David Freed

Republican attorney general candidate David Freed said justice was served in former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky’s two-week-long jury trial that culminated on Friday with a guilty verdict on numerous child sexual assault charges.

~Snipped~

Kathleen Kane, his Democratic opponent, said she expected the jury to reach the verdict it did.

Democratic Attorney General candidate Kathleen Kane

Read more:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/pa_attorney_general_hopefuls_s.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Sandusky's son: 'I wanted to die'

By Graham Winch
updated 2:40 PM EDT, Tue June 26, 2012

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/06/26/tape-matt-sandusky-agonizes-over-abuse?hpt=ts1
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:16 am

His poor son. :/

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 am

Matt Sandusky's birth mom: I raised questions about Jerry Sandusky

Jerry Sandusky
Jerry Sandusky arrives at the Centre County Courthouse on April 5 in Bellefonte, Pa.
Matt Rourke/AP file photo

MICHAEL RUBINKAM
The Associated Press

GoUpstate.com

Published: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 8:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 8:53 a.m.

Nearly two decades before Matt Sandusky's blockbuster allegation that he was sexually abused by his adoptive father, his biological mother raised questions about their relationship.

Debra Long fought the court system over her son's placement in the home of the famed Penn State assistant football coach, who was convicted Friday of sexually abusing 10 boys.

Her objections, which she discussed in a December interview with The Associated Press, add a new dimension to the grim trial testimony that illustrated how Sandusky wooed the victims he culled from his charity for at-risk youth.

Prosecutors said Sandusky used gifts, trips and access to Penn State's vaunted football program to attract and abuse vulnerable boys he met through the charity, The Second Mile.

Read more (multi-page article):

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120627/WIRE/120629755?p=1&tc=pg

Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:38 pm

clipped-
" Long said she once called the Sandusky house when Matt's biological brother, Ronald, was in an accident. She said Sandusky's wife, Dottie, answered the phone and said, "What are you calling him for? It's no longer his brother."

"I said, 'I'm sorry, but the same blood courses through his veins (that) courses through his brother's veins. They're not separated by a name change,'" Long recalled. "She was downright rude."

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Jerry Sandusky Pension: Convicted Child Molester Will Continue Collecting At Penn, Taxpayer Expense

Posted: 06/27/2012 5:14 pm
Updated: 06/27/2012 6:21 pm

By David Lohr

Convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky likely won't be forfeiting his $59,000 annual pension, despite being found guilty of 45 charges surrounding child sex abuse.

"My immediate, authentic, organic reaction as a human being and a woman is, how awful," Tara Fields, Ph.D., M.F.T. told The Huffington Post.

But Sandusky's crimes and other crimes against children do not fall under Pennsylvania's Act 140, a 1978 state statute that enables prosecutors to request the forfeiture of a criminal's pension.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/jerry-sandusky-pension-conviction-prison_n_1631896.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D173876
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:18 am

Should Dottie Sandusky go to jail, too?

June 28, 2012 12:11 am

By Melinda Henneberger

A few miles from the county jail where Penn State predator Jerry Sandusky can take a shower every day, the local paper reports, his wife of 45 years has been holed up at home with the blinds and curtains drawn.

The blinders, too, are apparently still on. Sure as ever that the former football coach never raped a kid in the school showers, or did anything else he's been accused of, Dottie Sandusky is, in the stock phrase offered up by defense attorney Joe Amendola, "trying to put the pieces back together."

Read more:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/perspectives/should-dottie-sandusky-go-to-jail-too-642215/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:08 am

Freckles wrote:clipped-
" Long said she once called the Sandusky house when Matt's biological brother, Ronald, was in an accident. She said Sandusky's wife, Dottie, answered the phone and said, "What are you calling him for? It's no longer his brother."

"I said, 'I'm sorry, but the same blood courses through his veins (that) courses through his brother's veins. They're not separated by a name change,'" Long recalled. "She was downright rude."

She stricks me as that type. It doesn't surprise me. I think all their adopted children were kept to themselves and didn't have any connect to their bio families. This way they couldn't say what was going on. I don't doubt for a minute that Dottie knew just what was going on. Or she surmised as much. This didn't come as a surprise to Dottie. She was married to him for too long and no one is that stupid as not to pick up on something. Denial for so long don't wash in my books.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by Moosiesmama on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Jerry Sandusky Pension: Convicted Child Molester Will Continue Collecting At Penn, Taxpayer Expense

Posted: 06/27/2012 5:14 pm
Updated: 06/27/2012 6:21 pm

By David Lohr

Convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky likely won't be forfeiting his $59,000 annual pension, despite being found guilty of 45 charges surrounding child sex abuse.

"My immediate, authentic, organic reaction as a human being and a woman is, how awful," Tara Fields, Ph.D., M.F.T. told The Huffington Post.

But Sandusky's crimes and other crimes against children do not fall under Pennsylvania's Act 140, a 1978 state statute that enables prosecutors to request the forfeiture of a criminal's pension.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/jerry-sandusky-pension-conviction-prison_n_1631896.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D173876

This is appalling, they need to change the law and they need to charge him for the cost of his imprisonment at oh let's see around $59000 a year.
Moosiesmama

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Does Dottie Sandusky deserve a jail cell of her own?
But even "if she simply was purposely ignorant," said longtime Frederick County, Md. prosecutor Scott Rolle, "that’s probably not enough" to bring her to account for any part she may have played in the debasement that went on in the playroom downstairs.

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/06/28/does-dottie-sandusky-deserve-jail-cell-her-own
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 pm

This Melinda Henneberger who wrote that article sounds
like a moron,imo.
A Woman is married to a pedophile so therefore 'She MUST
have known whats going on'
'Let's throw her in Jail too'!
Really? On what evidence?

What a raving IDIOT!
What passes for 'journalism' these days is a friggin' joke.

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 am

The wife of the man that molested my youngest daughter and had an internet kiddy porn thing never knew what her beloved husband was doing...I never knew either...I had known him since Jr High/Middle School and thought he had a great family relationship... Being a single Mom I wanted my daughter to know that just because I was divorced didn't mean that a couple couldn't be happy...So I guess you could say that I encouraged her friendship with his stepdaughter ...He was even molesting her and had her do perverted things with his male friends...The POS pled guilty...How could he not when shoe boxes of pictures and computer evidence proved his guilt...We get notice whenever he comes up for parole...They asked me if I thought he should be released...I told them that he was of more use to them in the can and he would have a tough time adjusting to life on the outs...He had a genius IQ and was a computer expert...He won't be eligible for parole again til 2020...He'll die in prison...
Estee

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:16 am

Estee wrote:The wife of the man that molested my youngest daughter and had an internet kiddy porn thing never knew what her beloved husband was doing...I never knew either...I had known him since Jr High/Middle School and thought he had a great family relationship... Being a single Mom I wanted my daughter to know that just because I was divorced didn't mean that a couple couldn't be happy...So I guess you could say that I encouraged her friendship with his stepdaughter ...He was even molesting her and had her do perverted things with his male friends...The POS pled guilty...How could he not when shoe boxes of pictures and computer evidence proved his guilt...We get notice whenever he comes up for parole...They asked me if I thought he should be released...I told them that he was of more use to them in the can and he would have a tough time adjusting to life on the outs...He had a genius IQ and was a computer expert...He won't be eligible for parole again til 2020...He'll die in prison...
I am so sorry for what happen to your younger daughter. I hope she is doing well now.
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:58 am

That creep sounds very dangerous if he gets out,Estee.
The States don't give these rejects enough time ,imo.

And yes, they do seem to keep tons of incriminating things
like serial killer trophies.
They should ALL Never get out of prison, alive that is.

glazier

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Jerry Sandusky Cover Up: More Disturbing Emails Released

06/30/12 12:29 PM ET

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- A news organization says it has seen emails showing Penn State's former president Graham Spanier agreed not to take allegations of sex abuse against ex-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky to authorities but worried university officials would be "vulnerable" for failing to report it.

CNN says the emails, first reported by NBC, followed a graduate assistant's 2001 report of seeing Sandusky sexually assaulting a boy in a team locker room shower.

The emails show athletic director Tim Curley and retired vice president Gary Schultz intended to report the allegation, then reconsidered. Spanier responded that he was "supportive" of their plan, but he worried they might "become vulnerable for not having reported it."

Read more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/30/penn-state-emails-jerry-sandusky-cover-up-report_n_1640000.html?utm_hp_ref=college
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:13 pm

He's been incarcerated for about 40 years now...My daughter has always had a problem with relationships ever since this happened to her...She was told by PD not to talk about it to anyone and she never has up until recently..She is seeing a psychologist and getting a lot off her shoulders with their twice monthly meetings...It's about time she came to grips with the unhappiness in her life...She is a great daughter and very good to me...Still hasn't told me the gruesome details and I'm not so sure I want to know them...
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm

The Victim's get a Life Sentence Estee.
That's why I think the pedaphiles should get a life
sentence when convicted.

Hopefully Her therapy will be a help.

glazier

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Graphic warning: Emails about Jerry Sandusky's crimes

With convicted serial child sex abuser Jerry Sandusky behind bars, there are new questions about what Penn State officials knew. 07-02-2012

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=1716904542001&odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cfeatured

(Source: RC Homepage).
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Sandusky would lose state pension under Pa. bill

Posted: Jul 02, 2012 1:38 PM CDT Updated: Jul 02, 2012 1:38 PM CDT

By Myles Snyder - email

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) -
A Pennsylvania lawmaker said he plans to introduce legislation that would disqualify public employees from receiving pension benefits if they have been convicted of certain crimes against children.

Read more:
http://www.abc27.com/story/18934182/sandusky-would-lose-state-pension-under-pa-bill

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:14 pm

This ordeal just keeps getting bigger and bigger...Don't you think the people that knew feel horrible now that this sordid thing is out of the bag??? They are trying to do the right thing now by coming forward with their side of the story....Are they trying to cover their butts??? Sure...But they did what they thought was best at the time...
Estee

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:50 pm

Paterno family decries leak of e-mails on Sandusky

1:37 PM, Jul 2, 2012

A spokesman for the family of former Penn State coach Joe Paterno on Sunday decried the leak of purported e-mails from university officials that indicate Paterno was consulted after a 2001 allegation of sexual abuse against former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.

"Our message to everybody is slow down here," said spokesman Dan McGinn. He said the e-mails, which the school turned over to an investigation by former FBI director Louis Freeh, "are all on the record. Everything is going to come out. What's being done here is people are trying to leak something to try to pre-empt the Freeh Commission."

http://www.news10.net/news/national/199384/5/Paterno-family-decries-leak-of-e-mails-on-Sandusky
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Jerry Sandusky case: Paterno family urges release of all Penn State memos in scandal

Published: Tuesday, July 03, 2012, 5:00 AM Updated: Tuesday, July 03, 2012, 7:14 AM

By CHARLES THOMPSON, The Patriot-News

Penn State head coach Joe Paterno smiles after his team beat Illinois 10-7, giving him his 409th career win putting him as the all-time wins leader in Division I football.

The family of former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno on Monday condemned what they called selective leaks of emails to smear his reputation.

The family, in a statement issued by attorney Wick Sollers, did not suggest where the leaks came from.

However, the family criticized Penn State’s administration and trustees, its investigation headed by former FBI Director Louis J. Freeh and the state attorney general’s office for not doing more to stop them.

Read more:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/07/jerry_sandusky_case_paterno_fa.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:34 am

tweet from InSession via RC Multi-Media Twitter on Homepage:

InSession A new civil suit was filed against #Sandusky on June 28. It names other parties including The Second Mile and Penn State University.
58 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 am

Estee wrote:He's been incarcerated for about 40 years now...My daughter has always had a problem with relationships ever since this happened to her...She was told by PD not to talk about it to anyone and she never has up until recently..She is seeing a psychologist and getting a lot off her shoulders with their twice monthly meetings...It's about time she came to grips with the unhappiness in her life...She is a great daughter and very good to me...Still hasn't told me the gruesome details and I'm not so sure I want to know them...

@Estee it is my sincerest hope that your daughter will be able to resolve some of feelings and emotional trauma that the POS did to her. She must be an incredible woman to have held those things inside for all those years. I pray that her psychologist can help her to reframe how she became a wonderful woman despite the trauma and silence and that she can find contentment and happiness.
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:16 pm

It is going deeper.

Penn State awaits Louis Freeh's report on Jerry Sandusky scandal
July 10, 2012

" Tom Kline, attorney for Sandusky victim No. 5, was less kind, saying the Freeh report “should be pivotal in assessing Penn State’s liability to the Sandusky victims.”

--- Solid timeline
---From talk show, I am hearing Coach Paterno covered for everyone in sports. Nothing could be done or investigated without Paterno first approving and arranging it. This is one of the reasons the players and staff so appreciated having him on board. He protected the image of the players and the school. He will be the fall guy as it should be IF this is true.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/07/10/155556/penn-state-awaits-louis-freehs.html#storylink=cpy

Penn State Donations Hit 2nd Highest Mark Despite Jerry Sandusky Trial, Joe Paterno Firing
July 09,2012

" The school is seeking to raise more money to support faculty. Penn State said it has also raised more than $46 million from current or former faculty and staff, or $3 million more than its initial goal.

That total would include donations made by the Paterno family, such as the annual $100,000 gift in December, a month after Paterno was fired, for the library and an undergraduate fellow program that bears the family name. Paterno died in January of lung cancer at age 85."

-- Indepth on the fiscal. Fourteen pics at bottom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/09/penn-state-donations-sandusky-sex-scandal-paterno-firing_n_1659955.html

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:19 pm

Jul 10, 2012 11:15am
Penn State Has Record Donations During Sandusky Scandal

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/penn-state-has-record-donations-during-sandusky-scandal/
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top