Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial #2

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:15 am

Also in the negotations for Joe Pa's retirement was the discussion a stadium or arena, I don't remember which, to be renamed for Paterno.

I assume that is no longer in the works, I hope so.

Dan Abrams is on the "The View" discussing Sandusky. He was asked if the Civil Suits are going to BANKRUPT the university, he stated: "I don't think so but it may IMPACT the donations to football program & I don't know if the football program is going to be suspended."

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 pm

My comments in this color.
art tart wrote:
snowbird wrote:There is an article about how they are going to keep Peterno statue. The comment below to me shows that this University still doesn't have any empathy for the kids that were raped their. The report about Penn State was right they had no empathy for the children involved.

Sources: Joe Paterno's statue stays
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8166643/joe-paterno-statue-remain-penn-state-sources-say

"You can't let people stampede you into making a rash decision," a trustee said."The statue represents the good that Joe did. It doesn't represent the bad that he did.

"It has to stay up," said another trustee. "We have to let a number of months pass, and we'll address it again. But there is no way, no way. It's just not coming down."

The trustees "are hoping they can have more time pass and people will forget about it and then it won't come down," one trustee said.
No disrespect meant to that particular trustee's comment (above) and I can see both sides, but the Board might want to also consider some disrespect might be paid to JoPa's monument. There are some really angry folks out and about who feel like JoPa let them down It is NOT going away any time soon. After JP passed and I heard that his will was sealed (or whatever they called it), I just had this feeling, not a good one either, that something was up there but never in my life dreamed it was anything like the reported "negotiated" retirement. Wow.

snowbird, I read an article over the weekend which stated Joe Pa's family has rec'd 5.5 million for his "negotiated retirement" from Penn State. (I see Freckles shared this above.) His families attorney have vowed to form their committee to do an investigation. wtf? I have zero confidence in anything the family brings forth, it's going to be self serving, jmo.
Form a committee? A committee to investigate? A committee to eat up much of that "negotiated" retirement? I agree with you snowbird; why should we start believing now?

An artist painted Sandusky out of the mural weeks ago & I was appalled he left Paterno standing w/a halo above his head, he FINALLY has painted out the Halo out but Paterno remains in the mural.
Possibly the artist(s) could start the/a mural with a clean slate? I understand Penn State was a great football univ, team, academic, etc., but maybe now would be a good time to share some of the other notable opportunities available at PSU. Just a thought.

snowbird, it's clear to me also the Board @ Penn is willing to give Joe Pa a pass & hoping the public does too. I personally hope former alums stop the donations to the football program, but many don't care it seems.
I haven't read this anywhere (that I remember), but I wonder if the Board knew that JP was nearing the end of his life when they let him go? Did JP know? I'm thinking about the retirement negotiations.

Another thing that has been bugging me is the statement released by his family the day before the report came out. If JP didn't use a computer, then who typed this for him? I thought I read somewhere that the statement was written by JP and was a word document? I guess it's no big deal really; typing something in word and sending emails are two different things to someone like JP (thinking JP didn't have many, if any, emails found during the investigation) ~~C
ClaireUncensored

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I have also wonder about JP being diagnosed before the retirement package was made. If the Dx was not know, then he knew what he had done and he wanted to make sure he had a nice retirement before he was charged.

The family statement bother me also. I think somewhere he stated he was sorry that he didn't do more, yet the family letter that was released didn't sound like he was sorry for anything. Oh, maybe one thing and that was having a negative effect on the football team.
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 pm

ClaireUnscensored, JoPa's negotations started before he died, at one time, I think it might have been a done deal that the stadium or arena was going to be named for JoPa.I think I read it before Jo Pa died but due to the Sandusky charges & JoePa himself under the umbrella of suspicion for not doing more, etc., I didn't read it again & didn't read anythiing about it in the "deal packet Paterno's family negotiated after his death on his retirement."

Now, imo, the Board would be stupid yet again if they tried to do this, imo, the re-naming is probably off the table since it hasn't been done & it isn't going to be popular imo. It irks the chit out of me that JoPa had access to the private jet, I wonder if his family now has this privilge?

imo, the Board is not thinking, had it NOT BEEN for the failing of other's, including JoePa, Penn State wouldn't be facing millions & millions of dollars DUE TO VICTIM'S in the Civil Suits. They protected Sandusky, Penn State imo, it is going to have years & years of pleading & begging alums for money to make up the monies they are paying out, I wouldn't give them a freakin dime. The saddest thing of all, imo, of course is the shame & abuse the victim's suffered.

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 pm

snowbird wrote:I have also wonder about JP being diagnosed before the retirement package was made. If the Dx was not know, then he knew what he had done and he wanted to make sure he had a nice retirement before he was charged.

The family statement bother me also. I think somewhere he stated he was sorry that he didn't do more, yet the family letter that was released didn't sound like he was sorry for anything. Oh, maybe one thing and that was having a negative effect on the football team.
It's quite possible that JP kept his dx a secret, maybe even from his family. (My dad did -- I mean the exact dx as he went to md appts alone until the last year of his life.) JMO but men, especially a man like JP, would be eager to make sure that a nice retirement pkg was in place for his family before all hell broke loose. JP knew all the dirty little secrets surrounding this scandal and it looks like he knew more and more as time goes on.

You're right -- the "family" statement -- how would anyone ever prove that JP did/did not actually write that statement? In the big picture, not so important since, as you said, he didn't really sound apologetic about the important issue which, IMO, isn't the negative affect on football at Penn State. I'll admit I read it more than once looking for something, anything that just wasn't there: why he didn't report JS from the very beginning? Why were so many people involved in this cover-up? JP knew; it's what is NOT said in this "statement" that is telling. JMO, of course. ~~C

Sort of O/T: Talk around the neighborhood the other night: If you were an employer and looking at two resumes, everything else being equal except one graduated from Penn State and the other candidate graduated from XYZ, whom do you think you would hire today? The women (to me) were more fair and leaned toward the face-to-face time interview. The men thought they were more fair but spoke more critically of the Penn State hypothetical candidate. Oddly, the women knew more real "facts" about the case whereas the men in this conversation based their opinions more on "junque facts" (stuff they heard 3rd hand or worse). Oh, I mostly listened since I was appalled at the misinformation all the way around. Shocked
ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Seems that the Board at Penn State is reluctant to do anything about Paterno's statue, but the student's at Penn State have taken some action of their own. Maybe the Board should consider who pays tuition to attend Penn State, they too, imo, should have a voice.

The organization, renamed the Nittanyville Coordinating Committee, released a statement Monday night announcing the change.

It reads in part:

Since Penn State joined the Big Ten in 1993, Penn State students have camped out at Beaver Stadium in order to guarantee themselves a rail-side seat -- though students hardly ever sit -- for a home football game. In 2005, a student termed the encampment "Paternoville," and the name stuck through the 2011 season.

"Now, it's a new era of Nittany Lion football," committee president Troy Weller said. "And by changing the name to Nittanyville we want to return the focus to the overall team and the thousands of students who support it. We thank the Paterno family for their gracious assistance and support over the last several years."

The group added that it will donate a portion of its fundraising proceeds to the newly established Center for the Protection of Children based at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. Kudos to them for doing so.

to continue reading:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/53295/paternoville-changes-name-to-nittanyville

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57473678/paternoville-renamed-nittanyville-at-penn-state/?tag=stack

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireUncensored on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Claire's remarks in purple since she's lazy today:
art tart wrote:ClaireUnscensored, JoPa's negotations started before he died, at one time, I think it might have been a done deal that the stadium or arena was going to be named for JoPa.I think I read it before Jo Pa died but due to the Sandusky charges & JoePa himself under the umbrella of suspicion for not doing more, etc., I didn't read it again & didn't read anythiing about it in the "deal packet Paterno's family negotiated after his death on his retirement."
Yes, that does ring a bell, ArtTart, though this topic went silent immediately after JP's death (would this be when his family went to court and had his will sealed?) Also, if JP was worth that much wouldn't he have had a Living Trust for his wife/family instead of a will? Poor planning on his financial advisers? Money hidden (from IRS) somewhere else? IDK just thinking out loud about the last minute retirement planning. (I always follow the money .. .. .. )

Now, imo, the Board would be stupid yet again if they tried to do this, imo, the re-naming is probably off the table since it hasn't been done & it isn't going to be popular imo. It irks the chit out of me that JoPa had access to the private jet, I wonder if his family now has this privilge?
IMO, naming or re-naming anything after JP wouldn't be a good idea right now. Do you really see things cooling down any time soon? To me it seems to be getting worse. And I agree with you, I can't even believe JP's family had access to the private jet. Even before he retired, why was this even a benefit? Jeez. I am so naive in this kind of stuff but this sort of crap really ticks me off (not in the jealous way either).

imo, the Board is not thinking, had it NOT BEEN for the failing of other's, including JoePa, Penn State wouldn't be facing millions & millions of dollars DUE TO VICTIM'S in the Civil Suits. They protected Sandusky, Penn State imo, it is going to have years & years of pleading & begging alums for money to make up the monies they are paying out, I wouldn't give them a freakin dime. The saddest thing of all, imo, of course is the shame & abuse the victim's suffered.
During the pressers the other day as I was watching the Board members' lies expressing their thoughts (? insert your own word here), I was really just disgusted. How could they not know? Not one single person on that Board knew anything? This is a good ol' boy community; everyone apparently looked the other way for years. Except the new guy (McCleary) who apparently didn't know all of the rules yet. JMO. ~~C

ClaireUncensored

Back to top Go down

Post by gram9292 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:53 pm

I feel that anything that has JP,s name on it should be taken down. Anyone that does not report child abuse, when it is reported to them is guilty to. JMOP

gram9292

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm

gram9292 wrote:I feel that anything that has JP,s name on it should be taken down. Anyone that does not report child abuse, when it is reported to them is guilty to. JMOP

I agree, Gram.

And it irks me so much that the family and other defenders say (para) "don't pick on a dead man who cannot speak for himself", or "JP is not here to defend himself or respond", etc etc.

Well, the Grand Jury asked him, the Washington Post reporter asked him, LE in 1998 and 2001 were available to hear what he had to say, and he had 14 years of observation and knowledge with which to SPEAK UP. And he DID NOT.

Blech. Makes me sick.
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Weeziethm wrote:
gram9292 wrote:I feel that anything that has JP,s name on it should be taken down. Anyone that does not report child abuse, when it is reported to them is guilty to. JMOP

I agree, Gram.

And it irks me so much that the family and other defenders say (para) "don't pick on a dead man who cannot speak for himself", or "JP is not here to defend himself or respond", etc etc.

Well, the Grand Jury asked him, the Washington Post reporter asked him, LE in 1998 and 2001 were available to hear what he had to say, and he had 14 years of observation and knowledge with which to SPEAK UP. And he DID NOT.Blech. Makes me sick.

Weeziethm & Gram, I agree with you both. I am irked to death that JoePa's family is "conducting their own investigation" because they are unhappy with the report. JoePa could have been the REAL hero in this miserable case of abuse but instead, he chose not to. I hope ALL are exposed & as it turns out, JoePa & other's put their interest ahead of the the safety of the children & the University they claim they were protecting is going to pay forever. They should imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Paterno empowered a predator
Joe lied. It's that simple. And that heartbreaking.
Joe Paterno, who for so many decades represented all that was good and honorable in college athletics, lied. Through his teeth.

His lies and, worse yet, his silence from the time of that first reported assault in 1998 helped empower a sexual predator for the next 13 years. Paterno did nothing to stop Sandusky. He was, said former FBI director Louis Freeh, who wrote the report, "an integral part of this active decision to conceal."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8160430/college-football-joe-paterno-enabled-jerry-sandusky-lying-remaining-silent
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:38 pm

The sins of the father

What a fool I was.

In 1986, I spent a week in State College, Pa., researching a 10-page Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year piece on Joe Paterno.

It was supposed to be a secret, but one night the phone in my hotel room rang. It was a Penn State professor, calling out of the blue.

"Are you here to take part in hagiography?" he said.

"What's hagiography?" I asked.

"The study of saints," he said. "You're going to be just like the rest, aren't you? You're going to make Paterno out to be a saint. You don't know him. He'll do anything to win. What you media are doing is dangerous.

I talked about Paterno's "true legacy" in all of this. Here's his true legacy: Paterno let a child molester go when he could've stopped him. He let him go and then lied to cover his sinister tracks. He let a rapist go to save his own recruiting successes and fundraising pitches and big-fish-small-pond hide.

Here's a legacy for you. Paterno's cowardice and ego and fears allowed Sandusky to molest at least eight more boys in the years after that 1998 incident -- Victims 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9 and 10. Just to recap: By not acting, a grown man failed to protect eight boys from years of molestation, abuse and self-loathing, all to save his program the embarrassment. The mother of Victim 1 is "filled with hatred toward Joe Paterno," the victim's lawyer says. "She just hates him, and reviles him." Can you blame her?

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8162972/joe-paterno-true-legacy
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by glazier on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:23 am

Again I have to ask: Where is all the Anger for everyone else involved in the 1998 Incident?
PA Dept of Public Welfare, Local and State LE, DA's office*
SecondMile(and whatever 'agency' monitors such org)

I understand there was an investigation, and I understand they could not substantiate the allegations at that time and choose not to prosecute, that part is reasonable.
What I DO NOT understand is WHY people involved with the above groups, PEOPLE WHOS JOB IT IS TO PROTECT KIDS failed to follow-up, investigate further or monitor A GROWN MAN WHO ADMITTED TO THEM HE LIKED TO SHOWER WITH YOUNG BOYS?!?
They got him ON RECORD admitting the above, and yet back he went to the Second Mile and all those potential Victims.
To me this is like allowing a person who has admitted to casual drug use to work in a Pharmacy.

Did Paterno and PennState admin FAIL miserably?
ABSOLUTELY!! And Curley,Shultz and whoever else deserves JAIL TIME, imo.
But many others failed as well and seem to be avoiding the red hot spotlight of scrutiny so far. Maybe the Trials of the Admins will shed some more light on exactly what went down from 1998 until the 2001 incident.

* I know RayGricar disappeared in 2005, and this also needs resolved

glazier

Mood : Frying Pan

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Penn State did not fully cooperate in Sandusky probe: governor

Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:03 p.m. CDT
By Mark Shade

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania (Reuters) - Pennsylvania's governor said on Thursday that Penn State University officials may have intentionally withheld information from a grand jury looking into allegations of football coach Jerry Sandusky's child sex abuse.

Penn State's cooperation in the Sandusky investigation, dating back to 2009, was "incomplete," despite a subpoena from the state attorney general, Governor Tom Corbett said at a news conference. Corbett was Pennsylvania's attorney general in 2009, before he was elected governor in 2010.

Sandusky, 68, a former assistant coach at the college football powerhouse, was convicted last month of molesting 10 boys over a 15-year period. He could spend up to 373 years in prison.

Read more: http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/jul/20/penn-state-did-not-fully-cooperate-in-sandusky-probe-governor/
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Paterno's statue being removed this weekend.
Penn State University reportedly plans to remove its statue of Joe Paterno from its campus this weekend.

NFL Network reporter Kimberly Jones posted on Twitter that the statue that has stood at the State College campus for more than a decade will come down this weekend, and veteran sportscaster Bonnie Bernstein also reported the news on Twitter.

Earlier this week, a small plane reportedly flew over campus with a banner reading: “Take the statue down or we will.”

The removal of the statue would be the latest public condemnation of Paterno. “Paternoville” — the name of the area where students waited outside of Beaver Stadium — has been changed to “Nittanyville” and Brown University, Paterno’s alma mater, removed his name from an award given to its top male athlete.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/07/20/penn-state-reportedly-plans-to-remove-paterno-statue/?test=latestnews#ixzz21DuXwxOg

I am suprised to read this, the Board acted like they hoped in time people might be forgiving of Paterno, guess they thought wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:26 pm

art tart wrote:Paterno's statue being removed this weekend.
Penn State University reportedly plans to remove its statue of Joe Paterno from its campus this weekend.

NFL Network reporter Kimberly Jones posted on Twitter that the statue that has stood at the State College campus for more than a decade will come down this weekend, and veteran sportscaster Bonnie Bernstein also reported the news on Twitter.

Earlier this week, a small plane reportedly flew over campus with a banner reading: “Take the statue down or we will.”

The removal of the statue would be the latest public condemnation of Paterno. “Paternoville” — the name of the area where students waited outside of Beaver Stadium — has been changed to “Nittanyville” and Brown University, Paterno’s alma mater, removed his name from an award given to its top male athlete.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/07/20/penn-state-reportedly-plans-to-remove-paterno-statue/?test=latestnews#ixzz21DuXwxOg

I am suprised to read this, the Board acted like they hoped in time people might be forgiving of Paterno, guess they thought wrong.

I'm surprised too, they should remove it. Good for them. They will not move past this if they continue to downplay his role in the abuse those boys suffered.
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:10 am

glazier wrote:Again I have to ask: Where is all the Anger for everyone else involved in the 1998 Incident?
PA Dept of Public Welfare, Local and State LE, DA's office*
SecondMile(and whatever 'agency' monitors such org)

I understand there was an investigation, and I understand they could not substantiate the allegations at that time and choose not to prosecute, that part is reasonable.
What I DO NOT understand is WHY people involved with the above groups, PEOPLE WHOS JOB IT IS TO PROTECT KIDS failed to follow-up, investigate further or monitor A GROWN MAN WHO ADMITTED TO THEM HE LIKED TO SHOWER WITH YOUNG BOYS?!?
They got him ON RECORD admitting the above, and yet back he went to the Second Mile and all those potential Victims.
To me this is like allowing a person who has admitted to casual drug use to work in a Pharmacy.

Did Paterno and PennState admin FAIL miserably?
ABSOLUTELY!! And Curley,Shultz and whoever else deserves JAIL TIME, imo.

But many others failed as well and seem to be avoiding the red hot spotlight of scrutiny so far. Maybe the Trials of the Admins will shed some more light on exactly what went down from 1998 until the 2001 incident.

* I know RayGricar disappeared in 2005, and this also needs resolved

BBM
I agree completely. Very well written.

I am glad the statue will be removed but more I am glad the PEOPLE are upset enough to DEMAND their beloved coach, etc., not be glorified any more. This is a huge first step in changing society: Demand justice and protection FOR all including those without a voice--- the little one.
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:15 am

Art tart-
IMO,the wall should be painted over. Let the students vote on what type of mural they would like and then let the art department design it with the students finishing the mural. IMO, a college is NOT about A person but the community of students, faculty, staff, and even the parents. Why not celebrate the unity rather than a select few?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:30 am

Sandusky's insurer claims it should not have to pay for his criminal defense

July 20, 2012 11:56 pm

By Peter Hall / The (Allentown) Morning Call

An insurance company has sued Jerry Sandusky and his wife, Dottie, seeking a court decision that their homeowner's policy does not provide coverage for his criminal defense or lawsuits by his victims.

State Farm Fire and Casualty Co. filed the suit in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania on Thursday, arguing that the homeowner's policy issued to the retired Penn State University assistant football coach does not cover claims for injuries covered by intentional acts.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/state/sanduskys-insurer-claims-it-should-not-have-to-pay-for-his-criminal-defense-645557/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:48 pm

I would hope homeowners insurance doesn't cover the criminal defense costs or civil suit judgements against a pedophile who molested young children in his home. There is no question the acts were intentional.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Justice4all wrote:I would hope homeowners insurance doesn't cover the criminal defense costs or civil suit judgements against a pedophile who molested young children in his home. There is no question the acts were intentional.

I hope not!

The Anthonys would come crawling out of the woodwork, and finally admit that Caylee's death was intentional, on their property, and they'd be looking for a big, fat payout from their homeowner's insurance.

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Dis on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Julie wrote:
Justice4all wrote:I would hope homeowners insurance doesn't cover the criminal defense costs or civil suit judgements against a pedophile who molested young children in his home. There is no question the acts were intentional.

I hope not!

The Anthonys would come crawling out of the woodwork, and finally admit that Caylee's death was intentional, on their property, and they'd be looking for a big, fat payout from their homeowner's insurance.

This is so true, they would be on that like yesterday.
Dis

Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Dis wrote:
Julie wrote:

I hope not!

This is so true, they would be on that like yesterday.

Yep, book deals for all of the rotten bunch, and a big, fat insurance check. barf

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:20 pm

N.C.A.A. Plans ‘Punitive Measures’ Against Penn State

By PETE THAMEL and ZACH SCHONBRUN
Published: July 22, 2012

On a day when a statue of the former football coach Joe Paterno was removed from outside Penn State’s Beaver Stadium, the N.C.A.A. announced Sunday that it would punish the university’s football program in the wake of a child sexual abuse scandal involving the former assistant Jerry Sandusky.

The university is bracing for what the N.C.A.A. is calling “corrective and punitive measures” that are expected to handicap the football program for years. While the specific findings will be released at a news conference at N.C.A.A. headquarters in Indianapolis on Monday morning, a person briefed on the sanctions said that the N.C.A.A. will issue a postseason bowl ban, a number of scholarship reductions and a stiff financial penalty. It is also expected that players in the program will have the freedom to transfer, essentially creating free agency for other programs to approach them.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/23/sports/ncaafootball/ncaa-plans-punitive-measures-against-penn-state-for-Sandusky.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:57 am

Penn State Scandal: My Statement To The Paterno Family

Your dad, Jerry Sandusky, Graham Spanier, Bill Curley, Gary Schultz. They broke the rules. Now, they pay. And they're bringing a whole lot of innocent people with them, too. And yet you're the ones who can't get to a keyboard fast enough to start banging out these ridiculous proclamations every time you feel wronged? Your arrogance is galling.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2012/07/penn_state_scandal_my_statemen.php
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Jerry Sandusky Shower Victim Comes Forward, Says He Will Sue

By COLLEEN CURRY
July 26, 2012

The man who was seen being sexually assaulted in the Penn State showers by Jerry Sandusky in 2001 has come forward and identified himself to attorneys, who say that he plans to sue the university.

A man claiming to be Victim 2, whom assistant coach Mike McQueary saw being molested in the shower by Sandusky, is being represented by attorneys Justine Andronici and Andrew Shubin, according to a statement released by the attorneys today.

The man's name is not being released to the public, but his attorneys have posted on their website two voicemails that Sandusky allegedly left the man on his cell phone in 2011.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/News/jerry-sanduskys-shower-victim-forward-sue/story?id=16862878
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 pm

The two voicemails that Sandusky left for Victim 2 can be heard at the following link.

http://www.rossfellercasey.com/sandusky-voicemail
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Transcription: 9-19-11
"…Just calling to see you know whether you had any interest in going to the Penn State game this Saturday. Uh. If you could get back to me and let me know, uh, I would appreciate it and when you get this message, uh, give me a call and I hope to talk to you later. Thanks. I love you."

Transcription: 9-12-11
"…Jere. Um. I am probably not going to be able to get a hold of anybody. Um. Uh. Probably ought to just go forward. Uh. I would be very firm and express my feelings, uh, upfront. Um. But, uh, you know, there is nothing really to hide so. Um. If you want, give me a call. You can call me on my other cell phone or on this one, either one so. Alright, take care. Love you. Uh. Hope you get this message. Thanks."

Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Justice4all wrote:The two voicemails that Sandusky left for Victim 2 can be heard at the following link.

Glad to see you are on this!
W2 is the one "observed" being anally raped in the shower.
He did not testify at this time. Perhaps, he was being held back "just in case" a jury brought in a different verdict. Perhaps, his case was so strong it could be tried later, if needed, by itself.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Lawyer: Sandusky upset over Penn State sanctions

Jerry Sandusky is distraught over the NCAA penalties issued to Penn State's football program for the school's handling of his child sexual abuse scandal and maintains his innocence as he awaits sentencing, his defense lawyer said Wednesday.

"He continues to believe that the truth will come out at some point, and that he'll get another trial or another opportunity to establish his innocence," Amendola said.

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Lawyer-Sandusky-upset-over-Penn-State-sanctions-3754191.php
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Jerry Sandusky prosecutors stepping aside during appeal of order

Published: August 8, 2012

By Anne Danahy — adanahy@centredaily.com

Two of the state attorneys who had prosecuted Jerry Sandusky are asking to hand off representation of the Commonwealth during the defense’s appeal of a protective order.The state filed the request in the state Superior Court, withdrawing the appearances of chief prosecutor Joe McGettigan and Jonelle Eshbach in the case.The request has a Wednesday filing date.

http://www.centredaily.com/2012/08/08/3292362/jerry-sandusky-prosecutors-stepping.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Pa. prosecutors seek some of $60 million in Penn State fines for child advocacy centers

By Associated Press, Published: August 8
AP

PHILADELPHIA — Prosecutors in Pennsylvania hope to steer some of the $60 million in fines Penn State must pay the NCAA over the Jerry Sandusky sex-abuse scandal to children’s advocacy centers across the state.

The group is not seeking a specific amount of money, but it wants to add to the 21 advocacy centers that now exist across 67 counties, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams said.

The centers offer a single place for children to tell their stories of abuse to a trained interviewer, while police, therapists and others watch remotely. This prevents children from having to tell their stories repeatedly to various experts. The centers also offer various services or referrals to the victim and family members.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/pa-prosecutors-seek-some-of-60-million-in-penn-state-fines-for-child-advocacy-centers/2012/08/08/5ef8bda6-e1c0-11e1-89f7-76e23a982d06_story.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Breaking news from KFI-640 AM radio station, Los Angeles:

---Feds are investigating: Sandusky sent mail across state lines in the commission of sexual crimes to the boys;

---Feds investigating:Sanduscky sent porn of the boys to others across state lines;

--- Feds are investigating (according to a reporter named McMadden sp) whether the business, Second Mile, made boys from the organization available to wealthy donors.
Charges of "pimping" or prostituting minor children.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Freckles wrote:Breaking news from KFI-640 AM radio station, Los Angeles:

---Feds are investigating: Sandusky sent mail across state lines in the commission of sexual crimes to the boys;

---Feds investigating:Sanduscky sent porn of the boys to others across state lines;

--- Feds are investigating (according to a reporter named McMadden sp) whether the business, Second Mile, made boys from the organization available to wealthy donors.
Oh, my this is horrible. It just keeps getting worse. I don't have any more to say I am speechless.
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Federal investigation underway into possible Sandusky pedophile ring

New explosive child sexual abuse charges against Jerry Sandusky and Penn State are being investigated by federal law enforcement officials, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively. Both the FBI and a criminal investigative division of the United States Postal Service are looking into the possible existence of a pedophile ring that involved Sandusky sharing boys with other men connected to Penn State.
The new investigation is also looking at if boys from the Second Mile charity were shared by Sandusky with other men. The name of at least one very rich and powerful man connected to the university has come up in this new investigation.
http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story/Federal-investigation-underway-into-possible/3WvDpwwrokitU0J9cvEsCg.cspx
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Report: Feds Investigating Sandusky Pedophile Ring, Possibly Shared Boys With Others

Additionally, CBS News reported U.S. Postal inspectors are leading a federal investigation into whether Sandusky shared child pornography with other individuals.
These new reports coincide with a report from The Mully and Hanley Show in November, which alleged Sandusky would “pimp” out young boys to wealthy donors.
“It’s going to get worse before it gets better,” Mark Madden of 105.9 The X in Pittsburgh said on 670 The Score. “The one thing I hear is being investigated right now, and I hasten to add this as only a rumor, but I know of at least two prominent columnists who are investigating the story, is that The Second Mile, and there’s no nice way to say this, pimped out young boys to wealthy donors
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/10/report-feds-investigating-sandusky-pedophile-ring-possibly-shared-boys-with-others/

snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 am

Thanks for the supporting links, snowbird.
geek
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:39 am

Freckles wrote:Breaking news from KFI-640 AM radio station, Los Angeles:

Sandusky is already in prison for the rest of his life, but hopefully this investigation will get hundreds of more pedophiles off the street.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:41 am

E-mails are likely to be key to criminal cases against Penn State officials

By Jeremy Roebuck
Inquirer Staff Writer
Posted: Sun, Aug. 12, 2012, 3:01 AM

Previously undiscovered e-mails by top Pennsylvania State University administrators formed the basis for the scathing report last month that took the school to task for its handling of the Jerry Sandusky scandal.

This week, their impact will be felt for the first time in the criminal case against suspended university athletic director Tim Curley and former vice president Gary Schultz.

Defense lawyers for both men are expected in a Dauphin County courtroom Thursday for the pair's first hearing on charges of perjury and failure to report abuse since last year.

Attorneys Caroline Roberto and Thomas J. Farrell will argue that counts against their clients should be thrown out and that notes from Penn State's internal investigation led by former FBI Director Louis Freeh should be preserved.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/20120812_E-mails_are_likely_to_be_key_to_criminal_cases_against_Penn_State_officials.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:36 pm

It would be a hard push to disregard the jury and toss the outcome. Real hard. That jury was a defense team's dream and the defense put forth their best.

So they don't like the outcome, eh? Maybe Sanducky shouldn't have done what he did! A bit of thinking might have saved him some time. Oh, well.

I have yet to hear ANY comment from the defense or Sanducky re the pain, shame and emotional/physical duress SANDUCKY put those children through. Not a word!!! Because THEY could care less! They only care about Sanducky stutting out of prison with the least amount of $$$$$ going to the victims. Heck, the attys may wanting that money in their collecting pockets.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:09 am

New Charge: Jerry Sandusky Molested Boys On Private Plane With Donor, Source Alleges

Posted on August 13, 2012 at 10:58pm by Mytheos Holt

Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky has already been convicted of a nightmarish career as a child molester of the kind that “Law and Order: Special Victims Unit” writers probably couldn’t even make up if they tried. Yet according to at least one witness, the full extent of Sandusky’s crimes has yet to be revealed.

An unidentified witness with direct knowledge of one of the Penn State fundraisers Sandusky spent time with claims that the coach would molest young children while aboard a private plane. This new horror story was discovered by the U.S. Postal Service in the midst of an investigation into whether Sandusky circulated child pornography.

Read more:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-charge-jerry-sandusky-molested-boys-on-private-plane-with-donor-source-alleges/

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:11 am

Penn State University receives accreditation warning as a result of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal

By The Patriot-News

Published: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:27 PM Updated: Monday, August 13, 2012, 11:42 PM

STATE COLLEGE — Penn State University announced Monday that its accreditation could be threatened as a result of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

Read more:
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/penn_state_university_receives.html

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 am

Julie wrote:New Charge: Jerry Sandusky Molested Boys On Private Plane With Donor, Source Alleges

Posted on August 13, 2012 at 10:58pm by Mytheos Holt

Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky has already been convicted of a nightmarish career as a child molester of the kind that “Law and Order: Special Victims Unit” writers probably couldn’t even make up if they tried. Yet according to at least one witness, the full extent of Sandusky’s crimes has yet to be revealed.

An unidentified witness with direct knowledge of one of the Penn State fundraisers Sandusky spent time with claims that the coach would molest young children while aboard a private plane. This new horror story was discovered by the U.S. Postal Service in the midst of an investigation into whether Sandusky circulated child pornography.

Read more:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/new-charge-jerry-sandusky-molested-boys-on-private-plane-with-donor-source-alleges/

Is there not an end to the depravity of this horrible piece of scum? Sad
Tell me the wife and others did not know!

May his prison stay be absolutely a learning experience of what it is to be a victim!!!
Yes to this for him:
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Now the pervert is writing a book in prison, but luckily convicted felons are barred from making a profit when writing about their crimes. I wonder if the title of the new book will be "Caught!"

http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/jerry-sandusky-writing-second-book-prison/nRBZJ/
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 am

Justice4all wrote:Now the pervert is writing a book in prison, but luckily convicted felons are barred from making a profit when writing about their crimes. I wonder if the title of the new book will be "Caught!"

http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/jerry-sandusky-writing-second-book-prison/nRBZJ/
I think the pervert is helping his wife write a book, she could still make money off a book deal. I think she is a sick as he is and I hope no one will buy the book.
snowbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:55 am

snowbird wrote:
Justice4all wrote:Now the pervert is writing a book in prison, but luckily convicted felons are barred from making a profit when writing about their crimes. I wonder if the title of the new book will be "Caught!"

I think the pervert is helping his wife write a book, she could still make money off a book deal. I think she is a sick as he is and I hope no one will buy the book.

snowbird, you could be right, she could profit as well as his adult kids. who would buy it? I did read yesterday that someone is going to try to change legislation in the State that IF YOU draw a State Retirement, such as Sandusky, that it can be taken away if convicted of this type of crime.

these things move very slowly it seems to me, people lose interest in doing the hardwork, & nothing changes. Dottie should be living high on $ 59,000.00, not the retirement JoePa's family is living on which in the millions.

This is the story that is going to keep on giving for years. I was glad also to read that most of the Board, at least 24 out of 32 SUPPORTED the President of Penn State in ACCEPTING the penalties/sanctions imposed on the school.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:43 pm

'Highly Incriminating’ Evidence in Jerry Sandusky Case Could Lead to New Charges

16 August 2012

(BELLEFONTE, Pa.) — Prosecutors in the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse case said they had a “great deal” of “highly incriminating” evidence they never brought up during Sandusky’s trial, evidence that could be related to pending criminal charges.

The statements are part of a transcript released Thursday from a closed-door meeting held in June, after Sandusky had been found guilty of 45 counts of child sex abuse.

In the meeting, Frank Fina, Pennsylvania’s deputy attorney general, said that the state had investigative reports as well as testimony from unnamed victims in the case that were not brought up in trial and should remain secret because of the ongoing investigation.

Read more:

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/08/16/highly-incriminating-evidence-in-jerry-sandusky-case-could-lead-to-new-charges/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Perjury Case Trial Date For Former Athletic Director Tim Curley And Retired Vice President Gary Schultz Set For January

Post by Justice4all on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Penn State perjury case trial date set for January

By Mark Shade

HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania | Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:02pm EDT

(Reuters) - Two former Penn State University officials will go on trial in January on charges of failing to report suspected child sex abuse by former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky and then lying about their involvement to a grand jury.

In an order released on Friday, Judge Todd Hoover set January 7 for the start of jury selection for the trial of former Athletic Director Tim Curley and retired Vice President Gary Schultz. Opening arguments at the Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, Court of Common Pleas will begin immediately after a jury is chosen.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/17/us-usa-pennstate-idUSBRE87G0W520120817
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:24 am

More details emerge on new Sandusky investigation

Posted: 9:45 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 19, 2012
By Gary Sinderson and WJAC Web Staff

6 News learned more details into the federal investigation into an alleged child pornography ring that may have connections to Jerry Sandusky.

A Philadelphia man said he has information about the child pornography ring that allegedly spans three states, Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.

Video at link:

http://www.wjactv.com/news/news/more-details-emerge-new-sandusky-investigation/nRFSb/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top