George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case -- General Discussion #6

Post by CherokeeNative on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 pm

ecossie possie wrote:Cherokee Native...Even if GZ were to agree to plea to Manslaughter he would receive a minimum 25 years..The former govener of Florida Zeb Bush intoduced a law that anyone convicted of a fellony involveing a firearm must receive a mininum 25 yr sentance..Manslaughter is a fellony an it did involve a firearm..There wont be any plea deal though this is going to a jury...

Exactly, that is why I kept referencing the "gun enhancement"...the Judge cannot ignore that by statute.
CherokeeNative

Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:The great thing about plea deals, is the Judge is not normally a participant - so even though the prosecutor agrees to only ask for say 15 years (plus the gun enhancement) and the defense agrees to it, or whatever they come up with (plus the gun enhancement) - the Judge can ignore it all and set his own sentence, lesser or over as long as it is within the sentencing guidelines.

So, remember how angry Judge Lester was? Remember how MOM is out making an arse of himself pandering to people who would have done what GZ did? Gee, wonder how lenient good old Judge Lester is going to be if that happens.

--they'll never go for a plea.

--as "ecossie" has mentioned --manslaughter carries a minimum-mandatory of 25 years--so they are sure not going there.

--they also --IMO---won't do the SYG "immunity hearing" ( are you kidding??? if all they got is what omara presented at the bond hearing.....well, that ain't gonna fly! )

--we're off to trial...sometime in 2013.

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 pm

serenaz1 wrote:CN; I saw something the other day about the media not getting access to the new dump until they'd pre-paid, I guess some didn't pay when they were supposed to. So today I got an email saying people need to have payment in for immediate FTP access. I wrote the lady back asking if I'm really supposed to even have a login ID if I'm not a media-type person, didn't say I was when requesting the ID tho.

I'll let you know what I hear. :)

I hope they don't charge you for it. Let's hope the make a difference. (My fingers are crossed.) Very Happy
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:14 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
ecossie possie wrote:Cherokee Native...Even if GZ were to agree to plea to Manslaughter he would receive a minimum 25 years..The former govener of Florida Zeb Bush intoduced a law that anyone convicted of a fellony involveing a firearm must receive a mininum 25 yr sentance..Manslaughter is a fellony an it did involve a firearm..There wont be any plea deal though this is going to a jury...

Exactly, that is why I kept referencing the "gun enhancement"...the Judge cannot ignore that by statute.

--i'm dense here--------what is the "gun enhancement" in relation to a plea-----meaning how many years?
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 pm

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:The great thing about plea deals, is the Judge is not normally a participant - so even though the prosecutor agrees to only ask for say 15 years (plus the gun enhancement) and the defense agrees to it, or whatever they come up with (plus the gun enhancement) - the Judge can ignore it all and set his own sentence, lesser or over as long as it is within the sentencing guidelines.

So, remember how angry Judge Lester was? Remember how MOM is out making an arse of himself pandering to people who would have done what GZ did? Gee, wonder how lenient good old Judge Lester is going to be if that happens.

--they'll never go for a plea.

--as "ecossie" has mentioned --manslaughter carries a minimum-mandatory of 25 years--so they are sure not going there.

--they also --IMO---won't do the SYG "immunity hearing" ( are you kidding??? if all they got is what omara presented at the bond hearing.....well, that ain't gonna fly! )

--we're off to trial...sometime in 2013.

I agree if there is one iota of a chance that he could beat this, then there will be no plea deal. BUT if the prosecutors have a forensic expert that can prove that GZ lied about being on the ground when he shot Trayvon, it's over - it's just a matter of how long - and then we would most likely talk plea deal because Life is Life in Florida....that's a lot longer than 25.
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:17 pm

ellejay wrote:
CherokeeNative wrote:

--i'm dense here--------what is the "gun enhancement" in relation to a plea-----meaning how many years?

Ellejay, I haven't looked up what the sentencing guideline for a gun enhancement is in Florida, here where I am at it is an additional 10 years. Ecossie, do you know?

This is off Hornsby's site:

The most commonly know weapons or firearms enhancement in Florida is known as 10-20-Life, which triggers minimum-mandatory prison sentences if a firearm is carried, discharged, or a person is shot or killed with a firearm while in the commission of certain violent crimes.

10-20-Life Minimum-Mandatory Sentences
•Firearm carried; 10 year minimum-mandatory prison sentence.
•Firearm discharged; 20 year minimum-mandatory prison sentence.
•A person is shot or killed; 25 year minimum-mandatory prison sentence, up to life in prison.
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by CherokeeNative on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 pm

So, under Hornsby's explanation - there will be no plea deal if there is a life sentence for manslaughter with a gun enhancement. You are right Ellejay - but then again, what have I always said. Very Happy
CherokeeNative

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:37 am

10-20-life.

The precise statute Marissa Alexander was sentenced under-- and advocated heavily by Angela Corey.

Marissa Alexander case

In May 2012, Angela Corey prosecuted 31-year-old Marissa Alexander and obtained a mandatory minimum sentence of 20 years in prison. Alexander had defended herself by firing a gun in the direction of her abusive husband, a man who admitted to past incidents of domestic violence, including a 2009 incident that put Alexander in the hospital.[28] Alexander had no prior criminal record and possessed a court-issued protective order against her husband at the time of the attack. She was first offered a plea bargain of a 3 year sentence. Upon turning it down, she was prosecuted by Corey resulting in a conviction and sentence that has been called harsh.[29] Critics of the prosecution include U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown who accused Corey of being overzealous,[30] and labeled the case “institutional racism.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Corey
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:39 am

..so it's a 25 year minimun mandatory for manslaughter------perhaps LIFE for M2.

..couldn't happen to a nicer wanna-be-cop/i'm gonna get this real suspicious guy/"and i shot him--one time" (said with ZERO expres​sion( GULP---you killed him !!! )--- who took out a kid---IMO.

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamta on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:44 am

KZ wrote:10-20-life.

The precise statute Marissa Alexander was sentenced under-- and advocated heavily by Angela Corey.

Marissa Alexander case

In May 2012, Angela Corey prosecuted 31-year-old Marissa Alexander and obtained a mandatory minimum sentence of 20 years in prison. Alexander had defended herself by firing a gun in the direction of her abusive husband, a man who admitted to past incidents of domestic violence, including a 2009 incident that put Alexander in the hospital.[28] Alexander had no prior criminal record and possessed a court-issued protective order against her husband at the time of the attack. She was first offered a plea bargain of a 3 year sentence. Upon turning it down, she was prosecuted by Corey resulting in a conviction and sentence that has been called harsh.[29] Critics of the prosecution include U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown who accused Corey of being overzealous,[30] and labeled the case “institutional racism.”

This case has always made me feel ill.
Overzealous is being polite.
Tamta

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 am

I personally have no "worries" about any plea deals offered by Angela Corey. She is not known for any magnanimous plea deals.

In fact, she has been known to "tack on" additional charges if a defendant has the....(gumption? audacity? cojones?....the adjective escapes me here) to decline her plea offered. And her pleas are often not at all beneficial to the defendant, who stands a better chance with a jury than one of AC's plea offerings, imo.

So GZ has a better chance of carrying snowballs into he!! than getting a favorable plea out of AC. He has, imo, no chance to walk away from this. The Feds are poised to bring more charges.
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 am

--i don't see a plea in the offering ( or the taking ) --we're going to trial.

--o'mara waived the speedy trial ( to beg for more $$$'s, look around the country for experts favourable to their side, wait for the public outrage to calm down-------and did i mention, take to the airwaves to blatantly ask for $$$'s .)

--sure they need to mount that "vigorous defense"--will it cost 2 million? i doubt it. ( but might as well let the$$$upporter$ think so.)
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:40 am

NeJame Law

•Manslaughter is a second degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
•Manslaughter with a weapon or firearm is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years on prison.
•Manslaughter of an elderly person or disabled adult is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years on prison.
•Aggravated manslaughter of a child is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years on prison.
•Manslaughter of a firefighter, officer, paramedic, or medical technician while in the performance of their duties is a first degree felony punishable by up to 30 years on prison.

The 10/20/LIFE penalty can also apply to these cases if the State is alleging that the accused used a gun during the offense. The 10/20/LIFE statute mandates that if a person is convicted of a crime while using a firearm, the judge must sentence the person to a minimum of 10 years in prison. If the person is convicted of firing a gun, the judge must impose a sentence of at least 20 years, and if the victim sustained serious bodily injury, the judge must impose a minimum sentence of 25 years.

http://www.nejamelaw.com/manslaughter-defense-lawyer.htm

10-20-Life

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/10-20-LIFE/index.html

The Florida Bar Journal

Tough Times in the Sunshine State

by H. Scott Fingerhut and Judge Robert N. Scola, Jr.

“10/20/Life”

In light of these statistics and the legislature’s announced intent, the enactment of “10/20/Life” should have come as no surprise. Patterned after 1997’s California Assembly Bill 4, CS/CS/HB 113 amends §775.087(2) to require the imposition of minimum mandatory terms of imprisonment for crimes involving firearms, regardless of whether use of the gun is an element of the crime itself, or the offender has ever been arrested, let alone convicted before.

Read more:

http://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn/jnjournal01.nsf/Author/56453A7242AA141485256ADB005D629E
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:49 am

ellejay wrote:--i don't see a plea in the offering ( or the taking ) --we're going to trial.

--o'mara waived the speedy trial ( to beg for more $$$'s, look around the country for experts favourable to their side, wait for the public outrage to calm down-------and did i mention, take to the airwaves to blatantly ask for $$$'s .)

--sure they need to mount that "vigorous defense"--will it cost 2 million? i doubt it. ( but might as well let the$$$upporter$ think so.)

I agree with you Ellejay, there won't be plea bargaining in this case, this case is going to trial.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:50 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

The 10/20/LIFE penalty can also apply to these cases if the State is alleging that the accused used a gun during the offense. The 10/20/LIFE statute mandates that if a person is convicted of a crime while using a firearm, the judge must sentence the person to a minimum of 10 years in prison. If the person is convicted of firing a gun, the judge must impose a sentence of at least 20 years, and if the victim sustained serious bodily injury, the judge must impose a minimum sentence of 25 years.

http://www.nejamelaw.com/manslaughter-defense-lawyer.ht

--thank you alessandra----so it's a definite ( used a gun--the victim is DEAD ) minimum-mandatory of 25 years.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Gizmo711 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:11 am

The entire altercation took one minute (60 seconds) and yet George (by his own account) was having his head banged into the pavement, having his mouth and nose held by Trayvon, Trayvon reaching for Zimmermans gun, Trayvon being on top of him, George screaming for holy hell while this is all going on so quicklyyet was able to hear thru his own screams "your going to die tonite MF". And SUDDENLY, George gets the upper hand and is able to shoot Trayvon dead.

I agree, George was telling the story (reliving it) and putting himself in Trayvons position mixed in with his story. But by doing so, he is making his story totally unbeleavable.

As for the screaming, George knew that the screaming brought attention to the neighbors who did infact come out, so he had to try and think quick by saying that it was HE who was doing the screaming.

The screams were loud and pretty clear, anyone who is screaming that loud for help certainly cannot hear someone say "you are going to die tonite mf", just no way, the same way that it would be almost impossible for someone to scream while getting ther head slammed into the ground. We are talking 60 seconds here and George seems to remember just what he wants to remember and can't remember what he doesn't want to remember. total selective memory.

Gizmo711

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 am

I also wonder if his moving the arms wasn't an attempt at some staging. Remember there's a witness who saw Trayvons body splayed out like a crime scene chalk mark- did that mean his was standing up? And messing with his hands- to get DNA or prints where they weren't?
Someone else said he went over toward the T for a moment- dropping keys?

Gizmo711 wrote:The entire altercation took one minute (60 seconds) and yet George (by his own account) was having his head banged into the pavement, having his mouth and nose held by Trayvon, Trayvon reaching for Zimmermans gun, Trayvon being on top of him, George screaming for holy hell while this is all going on so quicklyyet was able to hear thru his own screams "your going to die tonite MF". And SUDDENLY, George gets the upper hand and is able to shoot Trayvon dead.

I agree, George was telling the story (reliving it) and putting himself in Trayvons position mixed in with his story. But by doing so, he is making his story totally unbeleavable.

As for the screaming, George knew that the screaming brought attention to the neighbors who did infact come out, so he had to try and think quick by saying that it was HE who was doing the screaming.

The screams were loud and pretty clear, anyone who is screaming that loud for help certainly cannot hear someone say "you are going to die tonite mf", just no way, the same way that it would be almost impossible for someone to scream while getting ther head slammed into the ground. We are talking 60 seconds here and George seems to remember just what he wants to remember and can't remember what he doesn't want to remember. total selective memory.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:57 am

Big thanks to all of you for dropping some interim sting links!
And TIA for sharing your thoughts and snips of the dump today. Hope there's some useful evidence for us all to consider.

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecossie possie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:21 am

Elljay hope this helps re minimum sentance guidelines offences concerning use of firearm in commision of crime http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/10-20-LIFE/bg.html#mandsent
ecossie possie

Back to top Go down

Post by snowbird on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 am

I don't think that George would even consider a plea. He doesn't seem like a person that would ever admit any fault. He is going to go all the way to trial. IMO
snowbird

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:48 am

OK, it's Thursday. Let's get this show on the road!
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by serenaz1 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:03 am

Chickenbutt wrote:OK, it's Thursday. Let's get this show on the road!

Jeff Weiner from Orlando Sentinel just tweeted that the evidence is out & he's reviewing it now. Let's rock n' roll, I'm ready!

serenaz1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks for the heads up, serenaz!
~~~~~

Here is the Link to Jeff Weiner's Twitter if any one wants to follow his tweets. You do not need a Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/JeffWeinerOS
Twitter.com - Jeff Weiner - Orlando Sentinel
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:20 am

For your info, there is a thread for today's doc dump:

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4042-document-dump-7-12-2012#164246
RC - Document Dump - 7/12/12
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:24 am

Are docs going to be posted here or on the doc thread?
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:27 am

CB, I think KZ intended for the Doc Dump to be posted on the thread she set up and the discussion to be on that thread regarding this doc dump.

This is a C/P from that thread:

Document Dump 7-12-2012
by KZ on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:14 pm

.Discussion thread for anticipated document dump scheduled 7-9-2012.

Thank you all for staying on topic in this thread!

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4042-document-dump-7-12-2012#164246
RC - Document Dump 7/12/12

Last edited by Ann - Tx on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickenbutt on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks Ann, I knew the thread was there. Just wanted to make sure they were not going to be posted here first for discussion. I will mosey on over to that thread then...thanks again.
Chickenbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann - Tx on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:34 am

You are welcome, CB.

ellejay is there as well as others.
Ann - Tx

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 am

It's starting to trickle in- police had conflicting opinions in GZs nose. Too bad GZ did nothing to help clear that up, huh?

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16762228

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by KZ on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am

When the actual documents are available, it would be nice if folks have a minute to post them in the library thread. (Or links.)

Thanks all!
KZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 pm

More evidence released in case against George Zimmerman

Photos, audio files among evidence

UPDATED 12:37 PM EDT Jul 12, 2012

(VIDEO)

The evidence against George Zimmerman includes photos of Martin’s bloodied sweatshirt and his hoodie with a single bullet hole.

According to the documents, scientists noted a layer of soot around the bullet hole as clear evidence he was shot at very close range – something Zimmerman claims was necessary to save his own life during an altercation with Martin.

Also in the evidence release are several phone calls made to Sanford police to report suspicious activity in the six months leading up to his encounter with Martin.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/More-evidence-released-in-case-against-George-Zimmerman/-/14266478/15491084/-/yw40c5z/-/index.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm

ITA Tamta

The laws as they stand favor shooting a person dead instead of defending yourself in a more restrained manner. Great law for those who have no concience or respect for life.
I'm going to guess GZ was quite aware of this when he purchased thise exploding bullets and then aimed at Trayvon's heart.

Tamta wrote:
KZ wrote:10-20-life.

This case has always made me feel ill.
Overzealous is being polite.

Last edited by WeeBonnie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:57 pm

George Zimmerman: Police give conflicting accounts of injuries

July 12, 2012 - 04:56 am

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Police officers who responded minutes after the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin could not agree on whether George Zimmerman had a broken nose, but they all said the ex-neighborhood watch volunteer had cuts on his head, according to documents released Thursday.

The severity of Zimmerman's injuries could be important in his claim of self-defense. Zimmerman, 28, is charged with second-degree murder in the February shooting.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/07/george-zimmerman-new-trayvon-martin-case-evidence-released-77776.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Found a few year old video with self professed "Goons" showing off how rough they are. Trayvon would not have fit in.
I think it's equally likely GZ used the rhyming word, or he would have explained himself. I never believed it was punks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBDrjSjO0U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:44 pm

http://twitter.com/roblesherald

Frances Robles‏@RoblesHerald

Judge orders release of witness 9 statement

There's been a motion disqualify Judge Lester

O'Mara: he no longer has faith in "biased" judge who recommended criminal charges against Zimmerman and made disparaging remarks.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:48 pm

O'Mara: he no longer has faith in "biased" judge who recommended criminal charges against Zimmerman and made disparaging remarks.

--speaking of those "recommended charges"--i'm still waiting/hoping for bernieDLR to file them!
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:53 pm

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by MDgirl on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:58 pm

They are not fooling me, they need the Judge disqualified because he knows Zimmerman is a liar.

MDgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS

In less-dramatic news, #GeorgeZimmerman's withheld jail phone calls, Witness 9's statement will be released. #TrayvonMartin
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by back2back19 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Ugh.

GZ is the one who freaking lied; he deserves to be called out for it. That doesn't mean the judge is biased. I can not stand him or MO'M.

back2back19

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:16 pm

--some of the donors/supporte$$ have also been strongly $$$$$uggesting to omara&co the need to get rid of judgeL.

--i have noticed that the gzlegal Mod hasn't been giving the usual "donations are at......thanks for your support." update lately to the po$ter$ over there, maybe this motion will kick them back into gear.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:30 pm

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by WeeBonnie on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Do we know who witness 9 is Ellejay?
I heard it was not the Ex but did not find any explanation?
Also - tks much for the tweet posting and links!

ellejay wrote:

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS

In less-dramatic news, #GeorgeZimmerman's withheld jail phone calls, Witness 9's statement will be released. #TrayvonMartin

WeeBonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-witness-9-jail-calls-20120713_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara
Zimmerman judge orders release of jail calls, 'Witness 9' statement

Despite objections by George Zimmerman's attorneys, the public will get to hear 145 additional phone calls Zimmerman made from the Seminole County jail, as well as the statement of a witness who says he doesn't like black people.

The witness, identified as "Witness 9" in prosecution documents, has not been publicly identified. One of her two statements has been withheld from the public so far, and attorney Mark O'Mara argued it should stay that way.

--more@link--
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 pm

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-wants-new-judge-20120713_1_george-zimmerman-new-judge-neighborhood-watch-volunteer

George Zimmerman: I want a new judge

--snipped---

Zimmerman has already gotten one judge removed from his case. O'Mara asked the first circuit judge assigned, Jessica Recksiedler, to step aside because her husband, Jason Recksiedler, works for lawyer Mark NeJame, who appears for CNN as a commentator in the Zimmerman case and for a time was being courted by Zimmerman's family members as defense counsel.

A second judge, John Galluzzo, was next in line, but he used to practice law with O'Mara and is godfather to one of his sons, so he disqualified himself, and the case went to Lester, a respected 15-year bench veteran.

Under state law, a judge is generally required to step aside if one of the parties demonstrates that, based on a judge's actions, words or background, a reasonably prudent person would fear he could not get a fair trial.

Zimmerman's attorneys say that Lester went too far when he wrote, "Under any definition, the defendant has flouted the system."
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 pm

WeeBonnie wrote:Do we know who witness 9 is Ellejay?

--we do not...we thought it was the ex, but in her stmt released yesterday she said that she didn't feel that he had it in for african americans, played ball w/ blacks, hispanics etc....---and yet witness #9 was quoted as saying ""But I know George, and I know that he does not like Black people..."

--so---we're back to, hmmmmmmmm...who are you witness #9?

--(it could possibly be an ex-girlfriend (rather than fiancee) b/c she does say that she knows the family well etc...)

ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by ellejay on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:07 pm

http://www.gzlegalcase.com/

Verified Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge---on 13 July 2012.

We filed this Verified Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge based upon our review of the Court’s July 6 Order Setting Bond and Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.330(d)(1), and after lengthy discussions among the defense team and with George. We feel our motion is in complete compliance with the rule, and await Judge Lester’s decision so this matter may move forward.
ellejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:11 pm

ellejay wrote:
WeeBonnie wrote:Do we know who witness 9 is Ellejay?

--we do not...we thought it was the ex, but in her stmt released yesterday she said that she didn't feel that he had it in for african americans, played ball w/ blacks, hispanics etc....---and yet witness #9 was quoted as saying ""But I know George, and I know that he does not like Black people..."

--so---we're back to, hmmmmmmmm...who are you witness #9?

--(it could possibly be an ex-girlfriend (rather than fiancee) b/c she does say that she knows the family well etc...)

"George Zimmerman's lawyer is fighting to keep prosecutors from releasing to the public a statement by "witness 9," an unidentified person who's told authorities he's a racist.

But prosecutors now say they may use it at Zimmerman's trial if they need to rebut certain defense claims, presumably evidence attempting to show he is not hostile to blacks.

In paperwork released Monday, Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda did not spell out what witness 9 told authorities, but he described it as information about his "bias against black persons," including an unspecified "act."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-02/news/os-george-zimmerman-witness-9-20120702_1_prosecutors-statements-witness
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by sharona on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:17 pm

Witness #9 is afraid of George.. She sounds to anxious and credible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv4HTrJ4lb8

sharona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top