Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Puzzler on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Witness #9 also states that she has nothing to say about Zim being racist and never really heard him being racist, just that's how the whole family felt.
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Puzzler wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Witness #9 says she never told her parents what happened; she said she "didn't want to talk about it".

--this sounds like she told them, but not the details..

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/16/2897557_p2/zimmerman-defense-attorney-will.html

--snipped--

She said she once tried telling her family, but the vague words she used to explain it apparently went over everybody’s head. In 2005, when she was 20, she told her sister, and her sister told their parents.

The parents had a meeting with Zimmerman at a restaurant. “He sat down at the end of the booth, said, ‘I’m sorry,’ and got up and walked out,” she said. After that, Zimmerman was never invited to joint family functions.

She never went to the police, she said, because her mother told her that cases like hers become “he said/she said,” and get dropped. Zimmerman’s parents “pushed it under the rug and pretended it never happened,” she said.

However, she noted that neither Zimmerman’s parents nor her own ever heard the details of what she says happened. “I told them I didn’t want to talk about it,” she said.

Witness 9 told authorities that some of her memories on it were fuzzy, but she distinctly recalls telling some childhood friends

avatar
ellejay

Posts : 843
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Puzzler on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Witness #9 not only appears to be upset with Zim, but all her family members and Zim's family - like they all swept it under the rug. However, when questioned did she ever tell her parents what happened, she says "no, I told them I didn't want to talk about it."
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Puzzler on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:37 pm

ellejay wrote:
Puzzler wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Witness #9 says she never told her parents what happened; she said she "didn't want to talk about it".

--this sounds like she told them, but not the details..

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/16/2897557_p2/zimmerman-defense-attorney-will.html

--snipped--

She said she once tried telling her family, but the vague words she used to explain it apparently went over everybody’s head. In 2005, when she was 20, she told her sister, and her sister told their parents.

The parents had a meeting with Zimmerman at a restaurant. “He sat down at the end of the booth, said, ‘I’m sorry,’ and got up and walked out,” she said. After that, Zimmerman was never invited to joint family functions.

She never went to the police, she said, because her mother told her that cases like hers become “he said/she said,” and get dropped. Zimmerman’s parents “pushed it under the rug and pretended it never happened,” she said.

However, she noted that neither Zimmerman’s parents nor her own ever heard the details of what she says happened. “I told them I didn’t want to talk about it,” she said.

Witness 9 told authorities that some of her memories on it were fuzzy, but she distinctly recalls telling some childhood friends


Thank you. What I recall from just having listened to the audio, is that she told her sister some things were going on, but didn't want to talk about it. Then the sister called their father and informed him. Then Witness #9 says she told her father, too, some things were going on but that she didn't want to talk about it.

I feel bad for her because she's upset they swept it under the rug, while at the same time she won't discuss it with them.
avatar
Puzzler

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by KZ on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:58 pm

Quite frankly, it simply DOES NOT MATTER if she is telling the truth, or has some other reason for bringing this up now. This should have been suppressed and dealt with separately.

This is completely irrelevant, and should have had a LOT more legal thought before splashing it out to the general public. This is NO different than discussion of TM's drug and discipline history. In fact, it's a lot worse, IMO. TM's school records are factual, and there is no way to verify anything this woman is saying. She may as well have said GZ is from the planet Mars.

This was breathtakingly irresponsible, IMO. On many levels.

I'm sure he kicks puppies and pulls the wings off flies, too. And dances naked to satanic rituals in his backyard. This makes me sick to my stomach. This is not evidence, or justice. This is as sick as the NBP putting out a bounty on his head.

This is another lynching, IMO. Disgusting.

This has definitely tainted any jury pool.


avatar
KZ
Moderator

Posts : 672
Join date : 2011-05-11
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by tesstruhart on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm

I haven't read all the comments so far, so apologies if this has already been addressed. I know the due to the sunshine law that things have to be released. However, does the law state WHEN things have to be released? I just think this is an abomination. George will have to defend his actions with Trayvon, and his veracity is already in question. But this, just seems to be salacious and without reason. If I want to go to give a "statement" and tar someone with a nasty brush, I guess I could go and say anything about anyone. If you can't prove or disprove it, all the better. Maybe its true, maybe its not....we don't know. It has nothing to do with this case. If there are other 'victims' out there, then use them as character witnesses when the time comes. To release this now, doesn't make sense to me. It just makes me angry.
avatar
tesstruhart

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : this side of heaven

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by tesstruhart on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Also, didn't the judge with CA withhold the picture of her little skull and forbid the news media from putting it out there? So does that qualify as an exception?
Rant over, I think
avatar
tesstruhart

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : this side of heaven

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Chickenbutt on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

KZ, I get how you feel about this being brought up now. What I don't get is are you equating her alledged claim with "he kicks puppies and pulls the wings off flies, too. And dances naked to satanic rituals in his backyard?"
Are you saying she should not have said anything? That an alledged victim of molestion should stay quiet?
Not being a pain, just trying to understand.
avatar
Chickenbutt

Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 pm

KZ wrote:Quite frankly, it simply DOES NOT MATTER if she is telling the truth, or has some other reason for bringing this up now. This should have been suppressed and dealt with separately.

This is completely irrelevant, and should have had a LOT more legal thought before splashing it out to the general public. This is NO different than discussion of TM's drug and discipline history. In fact, it's a lot worse, IMO. TM's school records are factual, and there is no way to verify anything this woman is saying. She may as well have said GZ is from the planet Mars.

This was breathtakingly irresponsible, IMO. On many levels.

I'm sure he kicks puppies and pulls the wings off flies, too. And dances naked to satanic rituals in his backyard. This makes me sick to my stomach. This is not evidence, or justice. This is as sick as the NBP putting out a bounty on his head.

This is another lynching, IMO. Disgusting.

This has definitely tainted any jury pool.



KZ, I don't believe this is worse than the Sanford Police Department leaking to the media Trayvon's school disciplinary history.

avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by KZ on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm

Chickenbutt, I'm headed for the car. I will write a response later this afternoon or eve.
avatar
KZ
Moderator

Posts : 672
Join date : 2011-05-11
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Tamta on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Also, didn't the judge with CA withhold the picture of her little skull and forbid the news media from putting it out there? So does that qualify as an exception?
Rant over, I think

Yes he did and thank G-d.

Well said.

And to add, our judicial system does not compel counsel for either side of the adversary system to release irrelevant and degrading information.
avatar
Tamta

Posts : 2065
Join date : 2012-05-11
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by tesstruhart on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:22 pm

CB not speaking for KZ, but how I read that was that anything bad, disgusting, or derogatory that you could get out there about GZ, then the better. I don't think she was saying that the 'woman' (just cus I don't know her name) shouldn't have said anything, but it does seem a little odd that , now, she has a lot to say and never said a word previously. I agree with KZ that this was just not right. We have to depend on our jury pool, so why taint it with as much crap as you can? Does that serve justice?
Any victim can and should (if they are emotionally able) make a complaint with the police.
This was just very strange and a bombshell because those that already see GZ as a murderer and liar will just add sex offender to the list. We don't know if this is even true or not.
You can't unring the bell.-
avatar
tesstruhart

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : this side of heaven

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by snowbird on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:23 pm

I think witness statement 9 will matter at trial, I think it is going to be used as a character witness. Didn't Bernie say they were able to verify this thru other people?
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Chickenbutt on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Tess, I am not saying that the info should or should not have been released. All I am trying to say is this woman has come forward now. Why are we doubting her story? Why are we looking for ulterior motives? If none of this murder business had happened and we had never heard of GZ before and she came forward, we would be calling him a molester and calling for his head. Just because it came out now, IMO, doesn't make her story less believable or less truthful. Granted there are people (Joy Wray and others) who insert themselves into cases, but to say you were molested out loud to the world? I have to believe there is some truth to her claim.
avatar
Chickenbutt

Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:37 pm

--a quick zip around a few $$$$upporter sites to see how they're reacting to the stmt.

--they basically still support poor george! who is definitely the target of judgeL, and the media
--they don't believe W9--she's in it for her "15 minutes"
--they find the stmt release disgusting and unfair
avatar
ellejay

Posts : 843
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by tesstruhart on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Chickenbutt wrote:Tess, I am not saying that the info should or should not have been released. All I am trying to say is this woman has come forward now. Why are we doubting her story? Why are we looking for ulterior motives? If none of this murder business had happened and we had never heard of GZ before and she came forward, we would be calling him a molester and calling for his head. Just because it came out now, IMO, doesn't make her story less believable or less truthful. Granted there are people (Joy Wray and others) who insert themselves into cases, but to say you were molested out loud to the world? I have to believe there is some truth to her claim.

I agree with you on the fact that she might just be telling the truth. The problem comes in because it has nothing to do with the case and it just serves to further taint both the defendant and the jury pool. I think we have to reassess how we are doing things and revamp the rules. If we expect justice with our system, we can't go on like this with shaping people's opinions before a trial. We still have to pick a jury.
avatar
tesstruhart

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : this side of heaven

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by snowbird on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't understand people being upset about Witness 9, we already know from George myspace that George did something and he friends served time, but they didn't rat him out.
She came out right after the shooting, she had information about George that the police need to hear. Like she said he could act a totally different way in front of people.
I think her parents didn't want her to press charges because it was going to be to hard for her to go thru the court system. She even said he said/she said and like most victims who would believe her over him.
I think this could very well come into court about George's
character. Of course MOO and what do I know.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Dis on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:38 pm

What if this leads to someone being responsible for abusing George and that he is really a victim like he says he is. What if by this woman coming forward another monster is uncovered? Would it be ok then that she has told her most hated secret?

I would be very careful stating that someone should keep something like that a secret. It can destroy more lives, maybe a life connected to yours.
avatar
Dis

Posts : 1540
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 47
Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by tesstruhart on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Dis wrote:What if this leads to someone being responsible for abusing George and that he is really a victim like he says he is. What if by this woman coming forward another monster is uncovered? Would it be ok then that she has told her most hated secret?

I would be very careful stating that someone should keep something like that a secret. It can destroy more lives, maybe a life connected to yours.
Dis, I don't think she shouldn't have come forward. That is not what I mean, I think she should have made a complaint with the police. However, she needs to prosecute him for the sex molestation and not throw that into the murder trial. This is prejudicial information without any proof at this point. She also accused him of racial motivations. the FBI said they didn't find any of that. She couldn't give any details about that, just a generic statement that the family was against black people that didn't act white. The sexual allegations are explosive and need a case of their own. It just serves to pile on at this point.
I am not a GZ fan by the way, just see our system being eroded by intentional shaping of opinions...jmo
avatar
tesstruhart

Posts : 1682
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : this side of heaven

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by snowbird on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Dis wrote:What if this leads to someone being responsible for abusing George and that he is really a victim like he says he is. What if by this woman coming forward another monster is uncovered? Would it be ok then that she has told her most hated secret?

I would be very careful stating that someone should keep something like that a secret. It can destroy more lives, maybe a life connected to yours.

Wow, Very well said. We know what can happen when those secret are kept. She knew a part of George that is different then has been displayed by his family and himself with that soft talking voice. He acts like he couldn't hurt a fly. This is someone who knew him different.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Dis on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:02 pm

tesstruhart wrote:
Dis wrote:What if this leads to someone being responsible for abusing George and that he is really a victim like he says he is. What if by this woman coming forward another monster is uncovered? Would it be ok then that she has told her most hated secret?

I would be very careful stating that someone should keep something like that a secret. It can destroy more lives, maybe a life connected to yours.
Dis, I don't think she shouldn't have come forward. That is not what I mean, I think she should have made a complaint with the police. However, she needs to prosecute him for the sex molestation and not throw that into the murder trial. This is prejudicial information without any proof at this point. She also accused him of racial motivations. the FBI said they didn't find any of that. She couldn't give any details about that, just a generic statement that the family was against black people that didn't act white. The sexual allegations are explosive and need a case of their own. It just serves to pile on at this point.
I am not a GZ fan by the way, just see our system being eroded by intentional shaping of opinions...jmo

I don't think she was thinking about how this would impact the case. I think she was terrified that GZ would claim another victim and she didn't want that to happen. I can see knowing someone is racist without being able to remember a specific instance. She probably had not spent any significant amount of time with him. The families spent vacations together so they would have had a vibe of what type of people they are. Plus, she and her family are probably very nice people and try to accept others differences. I think she even said she likes to think the best or something like that.

I will just put this out there even though I fight with myself because it is a hard subject for some.

I didn't tell and I will regret it till the day I die. The only reason I have any connection to my abuser is to make sure this person doesn't have any contact with a child that may be victimized. Of course I don't know everything this person does but I have threatened many times to expose it. I should I know but I don't want anyone hurt and there are many who would be.

I applaud her bravery and can see into her very soul.

Tess ~I wasn't responding to anyone in particular, just putting my thoughts on it out there. I respect everyone's opinion.
avatar
Dis

Posts : 1540
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 47
Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:03 pm

http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases/39-zimmerman-defense-responds-to-witness-9-statements

Zimmerman Defense Responds to Witness #9 Statements

Today the State released Witness #9's Statements along with Mr. Zimmerman's phone calls from jail in response to the Court's July 13 order.

In her statements, Witness #9, who is George Zimmerman's cousin, ( hmm.so much for NOT wanting identities put out there..)alleges that Mr. Zimmerman inappropriately touched her beginning when she was 6 and Mr. Zimmerman was almost 8, and that it continued on occasion until she was 16 and Mr. Zimmerman was 17.

The defense moved to block the public release of Witness #9's statement in a motion filed on June 18, 2012 contending "The content of this statement is not relevant to the issues of this case, and it would not be admissible in the State's case in chief." The motion further contends that this irrelevant statement should be withheld from public dissemination because of the substantial risk that public disclosure will lead to widespread hostile publicity which would substantially impair the Defendant's fair trial rights, and would pose a serious threat to the administration of justice.

That request was denied on July 13, 2012 by Judge Lester. Because there is a Motion for Disqualification pending, this morning, we asked the prosecution not to release Witness #9's statement until there was a ruling on the Motion for Disqualification. This is an appropriate request as, should the motion for disqualification be granted, reconsideration of recent rulings by the judge is appropriate. However, the prosecution elected to make the public disclosure anyway.

Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations. In the next several weeks, there will be reciprocal discovery filed regarding Witness #9's statement.
avatar
ellejay

Posts : 843
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Dis on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:09 pm

The Prosecution wanted it suppressed and it should have been. The law says it can't be so that is up to Florida. I'm glad my state doesn't have Sunshine Laws.
avatar
Dis

Posts : 1540
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 47
Location : Somewhere in fantasy land havin a blast with Jules and eva :)
Mood : Sick 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Gizmo711 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:19 pm

CherokeeNative wrote:
MollyK wrote:If that's the way the law was written, then it needs to be modified. Before an hour ago, I never would have believed that anything could make me feel sympathetic to GZ, but this has done it. I still believe that he is a murderer, but everyone deserves a fair trial. He can't get one now.

This is working against what many of us want, Justice for Trayvon.

While I agree that this is irrelevant to the case in chief - neither the State nor the Judge could prevent it from being disclosed. BUT, from a NON-LEGAL standpoint, I do not in any way feel sorry or sympathetic for GZ - not only is he a murderer in my eyes, he is now an accused child molester. I don't feel sorry at all. Karma is what it is called. I hope if there isn't a statute of limitations on this, and Witness #9 will testify, that the State brings a new charge against GZ. He should not be allowed to go through life breaking laws, and laws of deciency, and then expect for them to be kept hush-hush. I truly believe he has gotten what he has coming to him - whether or not it is relevant to the case or not.

That's exactly what Zimmermans problem has always been, he feels that he is above the law. He can molest, kill, lie to a judge, deceive everyone and we are to believe that he murdered in self defense. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. He has shown NO remorse for taking a young mans life, instead he went out and bought more guns to arm himself with.

I don't see how this will affect his trial at all, it wont be brought up at trial. It was OK for Zimmerman to tell his co-workers that Trayvon mugged him and that is why he shot him. Everything negative that could be brought up about Trayvon has been brought up, down to a suspension at school to smoking pot (what did that have to do with the shooting?), (what was that telling potential juror's?) (that Zimmerman was justified in killing Trayvon because he wore a hoodie?). No, Zimmerman can't have everything his way, he wants to down a victim then he too can be downed. This will not poison any jury about this shooting, it will just embarrass Zimmerman (if that much)...

He wants to hide3 his money and lie to a judge in order to get out of jail free...he ends up with a bond when the judge could have kept him on a no bond status, yet he wants to get Lester thrown off because he will be unfair? Judge Lester has shown him every kind of fairness he possibly could (he is out on a bond isn't he?)

I don't feel an ounce of pity for Zimmerman at all.

Gizmo711

Posts : 804
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Gizmo711 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 pm

snowbird wrote:
Dis wrote:What if this leads to someone being responsible for abusing George and that he is really a victim like he says he is. What if by this woman coming forward another monster is uncovered? Would it be ok then that she has told her most hated secret?

I would be very careful stating that someone should keep something like that a secret. It can destroy more lives, maybe a life connected to yours.

Wow, Very well said. We know what can happen when those secret are kept. She knew a part of George that is different then has been displayed by his family and himself with that soft talking voice. He acts like he couldn't hurt a fly. This is someone who knew him different.

I believe that there is a whole lot about George that hasn't been exposed yet. I don't think he was a very nice person during his 28 years.

Gizmo711

Posts : 804
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by WeeBonnie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:24 pm

I agree this is exposing a major flaw in the sunshine laws.
I hope I'm right in guessing an accusation like this would NOT be part if discovery if it were uncorroborated. Does anyone know?

If that's the case, then plenty on both GZ and TM will come out that we will personally be offended by. But it sour grapes if you'd let some slime in and other slime just because it's more offensive. As far as I've read it's only follwing the latter of the law. The law just happens to stink.

Dis wrote:The Prosecution wanted it suppressed and it should have been. The law says it can't be so that is up to Florida. I'm glad my state doesn't have Sunshine Laws.

WeeBonnie

Posts : 675
Join date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
KZ wrote:Quite frankly, it simply DOES NOT MATTER if she is telling the truth, or has some other reason for bringing this up now. This should have been suppressed and dealt with separately.

This is completely irrelevant, and should have had a LOT more legal thought before splashing it out to the general public. This is NO different than discussion of TM's drug and discipline history. In fact, it's a lot worse, IMO. TM's school records are factual, and there is no way to verify anything this woman is saying. She may as well have said GZ is from the planet Mars.

This was breathtakingly irresponsible, IMO. On many levels.

I'm sure he kicks puppies and pulls the wings off flies, too. And dances naked to satanic rituals in his backyard. This makes me sick to my stomach. This is not evidence, or justice. This is as sick as the NBP putting out a bounty on his head.

This is another lynching, IMO. Disgusting.

This has definitely tainted any jury pool.



KZ, I don't believe this is worse than the Sanford Police Department leaking to the media Trayvon's school disciplinary history.


I don't think it taints the jury pool any more than releasing any evidence does which gets discussed in the media. I agree in part with the spirit of transparency in the Sunshine Laws, but not when it requires that all types of info get released pre-trial.
avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 pm

ellejay wrote:--a quick zip around a few $$$$upporter sites to see how they're reacting to the stmt.

--they basically still support poor george! who is definitely the target of judgeL, and the media
--they don't believe W9--she's in it for her "15 minutes"
--they find the stmt release disgusting and unfair

Goodness, there are some really disgusting people on his side of the fence!

Like a relative would claim this for '15 minutes' of fame, especially when the call was made before the media picked up the story. If the State has corroborated this with other members of the family and found it to be a true claim, it's so nice that they're still supporting someone like George.

avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Boy and I thought this case took a crazy twist with the Air Marshal guy. We certainly weren't expecting this out of W9!
avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by alabama52 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Where can I read that the prosecution wanted to suppress Witness 9's statement because every site I read states differently? They are saying that the state decided to release it despite the defense filing against it being released.

alabama52

Posts : 214
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:53 pm

ellejay wrote:http://gzlegalcase.com/index.php/press-releases/39-zimmerman-defense-responds-to-witness-9-statements

Zimmerman Defense Responds to Witness #9 Statements

Today the State released Witness #9's Statements along with Mr. Zimmerman's phone calls from jail in response to the Court's July 13 order.

In her statements, Witness #9, who is George Zimmerman's cousin, ( hmm.so much for NOT wanting identities put out there..)alleges that Mr. Zimmerman inappropriately touched her beginning when she was 6 and Mr. Zimmerman was almost 8, and that it continued on occasion until she was 16 and Mr. Zimmerman was 17.

The defense moved to block the public release of Witness #9's statement in a motion filed on June 18, 2012 contending "The content of this statement is not relevant to the issues of this case, and it would not be admissible in the State's case in chief." The motion further contends that this irrelevant statement should be withheld from public dissemination because of the substantial risk that public disclosure will lead to widespread hostile publicity which would substantially impair the Defendant's fair trial rights, and would pose a serious threat to the administration of justice.

That request was denied on July 13, 2012 by Judge Lester. Because there is a Motion for Disqualification pending, this morning, we asked the prosecution not to release Witness #9's statement until there was a ruling on the Motion for Disqualification. This is an appropriate request as, should the motion for disqualification be granted, reconsideration of recent rulings by the judge is appropriate. However, the prosecution elected to make the public disclosure anyway.

Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations. In the next several weeks, there will be reciprocal discovery filed regarding Witness #9's statement.

Great, so now O'Mara's going to go after the girl? What a cluster*$&% this case is turning out to be!

avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Gizmo711 wrote:
snowbird wrote:

Wow, Very well said. We know what can happen when those secret are kept. She knew a part of George that is different then has been displayed by his family and himself with that soft talking voice. He acts like he couldn't hurt a fly. This is someone who knew him different.

I believe that there is a whole lot about George that hasn't been exposed yet. I don't think he was a very nice person during his 28 years.

I agree Gizmo & then we also had the ex saying she & George had been meeting & discussed SZ not wanting kids. Wonder if the 'cutie-lover' knew about those little get-togethers?
avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Dis wrote:
I applaud her bravery and can see into her very soul.

Tess ~I wasn't responding to anyone in particular, just putting my thoughts on it out there. I respect everyone's opinion.

I'm so sorry you've had to deal with something like that! Hugs and healing sent your way!
avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:00 pm

alabama52 wrote:Where can I read that the prosecution wanted to suppress Witness 9's statement because every site I read states differently? They are saying that the state decided to release it despite the defense filing against it being released.

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/State%20resp%20to%20motion%20to%20reconsider%20disclosure.pdf
06-29-12----State Response to Motion to Reconsider Disclosure
avatar
ellejay

Posts : 843
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Freckles on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:01 pm

serenaz1 wrote:Could a case be made that this is reflective of his general character of being a Jekyll/Hyde type personality?

IMO
If not, then this info should be kept out.
It could be strong grounds for an appeals (if a guilty verdict were made) as it IS highly inflammatory.

This could also disqualify potential jurors IF they have heard/read of the allegations.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Freckles wrote:
serenaz1 wrote:Could a case be made that this is reflective of his general character of being a Jekyll/Hyde type personality?

IMO
If not, then this info should be kept out.
It could be strong grounds for an appeals (if a guilty verdict were made) as it IS highly inflammatory.

This could also disqualify potential jurors IF they have heard/read of the allegations.

This is the part that disturbs me about the Sunshine Law. Pretty much ANY discovery/evidence publicly released can be considered prejudicial by one side or the other, right?

It's inflammatory, but so was the info they illegally released on Trayvon's school records & all the crap that's now been put out about his irrelevant activities by Z's supporters.

avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ecossie possie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:10 pm

If every defendant is entitled to a Jury of there unbiased peers to hear there case and there prior criminal record is not allowed to be disscused or made known to the jurours or a mistrial is called.How is it possable / lawfull to make allegations of criminal activity by a defendant common knowlage an allow media to report/broadcast said allegations.An then expect to pick 12 unbiased people to hear the facts of the case?
avatar
ecossie possie

Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Chickenbutt on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Snipped from Ellejays post...
"Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations. In the next several weeks, there will be reciprocal discovery filed regarding Witness #9's statement."

So I take this to mean that MOM is going to trash the victim now. And we wonder why she didn't report it back then? If MOM intends to "go after" the victim, then that is what I find to be disgusting.
avatar
Chickenbutt

Posts : 1509
Join date : 2012-05-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/daralenejones
Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones WFTV

PAUSING my work..just heard "Witness 9" is about to appear on the network. Why am I NOT surprised... ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬
10m
avatar
ellejay

Posts : 843
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:29 pm


http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/07/george-zimmerman-shocking-and-irrelevant-allegations.html
George Zimmerman: shocking and irrelevant allegations

--snipped--

What impact will the abuse allegations have?

WOFL legal analyst Diana Tennis said the jury was unlikely to hear the accusations in a trial. “Character is one of those things that you cannot bring out against somebody,” Tennis said. “Just because people do bad things, dumb things, criminal things in their lives doesn’t mean they’re guilty of the crime they’re charged with.”

Yet Tennis said the allegations could taint the jury pool and force a move of the trial.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he didn’t think Witness No. 9 would get to testify at trial.

WOFL’s Valerie Boey reported that Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara denied the abuse allegations. O’Mara told Boey that the witness’ remarks were “more static” and “not relevant.”

~~~~

Judge Kenneth Lester is on vacation, and Pipitone predicted it could be a week before there’s a resolution to the defense’s request that the judge recuse himself.
avatar
ellejay

Posts : 843
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by emberl on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:39 pm

ellejay wrote:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/07/george-zimmerman-shocking-and-irrelevant-allegations.html
George Zimmerman: shocking and irrelevant allegations

--snipped--

What impact will the abuse allegations have?

WOFL legal analyst Diana Tennis said the jury was unlikely to hear the accusations in a trial. “Character is one of those things that you cannot bring out against somebody,” Tennis said. “Just because people do bad things, dumb things, criminal things in their lives doesn’t mean they’re guilty of the crime they’re charged with.”

Yet Tennis said the allegations could taint the jury pool and force a move of the trial.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said he didn’t think Witness No. 9 would get to testify at trial.

WOFL’s Valerie Boey reported that Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara denied the abuse allegations. O’Mara told Boey that the witness’ remarks were “more static” and “not relevant.”

~~~~

Judge Kenneth Lester is on vacation, and Pipitone predicted it could be a week before there’s a resolution to the defense’s request that the judge recuse himself.



O'Mara: "more static and not relevant"

Really?... saying this after filing motion after motion to not have witness #9 statements to be released.



And then also:

'Now that this statement is part of the public record, the defense will vigorously defend Mr. Zimmerman against the allegations. In the next several weeks, there will be reciprocal discovery filed regarding Witness #9's statement."

emberl

Posts : 95
Join date : 2012-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by snowbird on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:41 pm

serenaz1 wrote:

Great, so now O'Mara's going to go after the girl? What a cluster*$&% this case is turning out to be!

I hope the evidence he is going to give doesn't come from George or his family's mouth because after the money thing in court they will do anything to protect George and I would not believe a word his family has to say.
Added: He must keep the money rolling in, so he has to attack witness 9.
avatar
snowbird

Posts : 782
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : louisiana
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ellejay on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 pm

ellejay wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/daralenejones
Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones WFTV

PAUSING my work..just heard "Witness 9" is about to appear on the network. Why am I NOT surprised... ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬
10m

Daralene Jones‏@DaraleneJones

Hmmm...questioning whether this network had misleading tease, claiming to have ‪#Witness9‬, when in fact they only have her statement
avatar
ellejay

Posts : 843
Join date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Justice4all on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about the Sunshine Law anymore. It's great for bloggers or Nancy Grace, but as we've seen before in high profile cases, you run the risk of ending up with an inept jury that has been living under a rock. It only makes matters worse if you have to sequester them and they end up living like prisoners for a month in an out of town hotel room.
avatar
Justice4all
Admin

Posts : 9745
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 43
Location : Michigan
Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:33 pm

RC - Multi-Media Updates - Homepage

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
In web post ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ defense says witness nine molestation claims will be defended "vigorously." does not comment on truthfulness.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
witness 9 on coming forward w/ molestation allegations against ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬: "this is the first time in my life I'm not afraid of him."

https://twitter.com/bobkealing
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by WeeBonnie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Yep. I agree....But they are already looking for "low information"
Jurors. Ones with little analytical skills, who never read or make significant decisions at work or on their personal lives. Followers who'll be swayed easily or afraid to render judgement.
If you read much of the Casey Anthony jurors statements they thought they had to "know" what happened / like personally witness it! One juror decided something happened to Casey based on the looks he saw in he'd face. Wonder if he ever watched tape of her "face" when the jury was out of the room.
And such people are naturally going to be impatient and want to get it over with if they're sequestered. They're not people who care enough to be informed. Or listen to the "jury's instructions". Scary system!

Justice4all wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about the Sunshine Law anymore. It's great for bloggers or Nancy Grace, but as we've seen before in high profile cases, you run the risk of ending up with an inept jury that has been living under a rock. It only makes matters worse if you have to sequester them and they end up living like prisoners for a month in an out of town hotel room.

WeeBonnie

Posts : 675
Join date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by serenaz1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Well that didn't take long. The disgusting treehouse people are tweeting the girl's name & have a post with her pictures, FB, everything!
avatar
serenaz1

Posts : 353
Join date : 2012-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by CherokeeNative on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Tamta wrote:
tesstruhart wrote:Also, didn't the judge with CA withhold the picture of her little skull and forbid the news media from putting it out there? So does that qualify as an exception?
Rant over, I think

Yes he did and thank G-d.

Well said.

And to add, our judicial system does not compel counsel for either side of the adversary system to release irrelevant and degrading information.

And "who" gets to decide what is relevant, especially at this stage of the case? Is the prosecution to decide unilaterally that something isn't relevant and withhold it? What if the defense believes it is relevant? Witness 9 previously provided a statement that Zimmerman was a racist. She thus has a status as a potential negative character witness. While the prosecution cannot use her in their case in chief, they can certainly use her as a rebuttal witness if the defendant opens the door by putting on character testimony. It was absolutely necessary to disclose her statements to the defense. The prosecution would be accused of a cover up if they failed to provide this information to the defense.

Plus, keep in mind that Florida prosecutors appear to follow an open file discovery policy, i.e., they simply give the defense everything they have in their files. They did it in the CA case. If that is their practice, which I believe it is, they are not going to start being selective now - fancy the prosecution saying, "we didn't believe the defense would want to know" on appeal. HA The prosecution had knowledge that Witness 9 had made statements that placed defendant's character into question. They were obligated to provide all statements that they had available from any such given witnesses. MOM would have wanted this information and he got it. The prosecution joined with the defense in agreeing that the statements should not be made public - that was the best they could do. Your gripe lies with the Sunshine laws.

ETA - Which by the way (the Sunshine Laws) has me cracking up...for the past week everyone including myself has been on pins and needles wanting to see what Witness 9 had to say. Now that we know, some of you are disgusted - Witness 9's statement being released is a direct result of "the People" voting in favor of the Sunshine Laws. You can't ask for something and then complain when you get it. Just saying....


Last edited by CherokeeNative on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
CherokeeNative

Posts : 813
Join date : 2012-05-12
Location : PNW
Mood : Feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:18 pm

avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by ecossie possie on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Yes my gripe is that it is imaterial to the murder charge case in cheif an for the sake of Justice an alleged sex crime victim .Whom wanted this kept confidential.There are some places the sun dont shine some places were sunshine never reaches.This should have been one of them.
avatar
ecossie possie

Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Witness #9: Statements & Discussion -- George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum