Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodi Arias -- Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #4

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:54 pm

JA mentioned, when she got the U-Haul, she parked it around the block in front of a small, empty lot.

For someone reason, IMO, I think JA parked the car on June 4, 2008, in the same location.

JA stated she parked in the middle of the drive, as usual.
(Rude!) This would mean any cars in the garage would be kept from leaving. The roomies would not have been able to have gotten cars out to go to work the morning of June 4th. Further, they would have seen the car in the drive. A car sporting CA plates.

Neighbors stated they knew JA's car. They did not see her car there OR any other vehicle of interest. They liked TA and his roomies and "kind of kept an eye" on them.

Neighbors could identify blonde JA. They did not see JA at the property on June 4. Didn't see JA or anyone of suspicion. So. JA simply locked the door to Travis' bedroom; locked the front door. She then walked out of the house either by a back door or under the cover of darkness. She walked around the block to her rental car and drove off.

Freckles

Mood: Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Bmore wrote:brick by brick you build a wall... Like those of a jail cell... lol
Ah! Yes. The question always remains:
What are we blocking out?
And, what are we blocking in?

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:04 pm

I finally found a floor plan of the bathroom and saved it in my pictures but don't know how to share.

carlakay

Mood: Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:17 pm

carlakay wrote:I finally found a floor plan of the bathroom and saved it in my pictures but don't know how to share.

I don't know how.
I have to share by link or c/p.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzler on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

The overkill is amazing. The energy this woman used in her rage is difficult to apprehend. Over dropping a camera and him cursing at her?

Yesterday, on the stand, when JA was commenting that when she dropped the camera, TA called her a stupid b*tch (or similar words), I though I saw a look of disgust flicker across her face.

Maybe it was a look of hurt...but it came across to me as a look of disgust. If she can't hide that in court - imagine what she would look like in his house and knowing no one else was in the house except for the 2 of them.

Puzzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Freckles wrote:JA mentioned, when she got the U-Haul, she parked it around the block in front of a small, empty lot.

For someone reason, IMO, I think JA parked the car on June 4, 2008, in the same location.

JA stated she parked in the middle of the drive, as usual.
(Rude!) This would mean any cars in the garage would be kept from leaving. The roomies would not have been able to have gotten cars out to go to work the morning of June 4th. Further, they would have seen the car in the drive. A car sporting CA plates.

Neighbors stated they knew JA's car. They did not see her car there OR any other vehicle of interest. They liked TA and his roomies and "kind of kept an eye" on them.

Neighbors could identify blonde JA. They did not see JA at the property on June 4. Didn't see JA or anyone of suspicion. So. JA simply locked the door to Travis' bedroom; locked the front door. She then walked out of the house either by a back door or under the cover of darkness. She walked around the block to her rental car and drove off.

I got questions about this u-haul truck thing, oh by the way. Maybe you can help Freckles.

didn't she show up in the rental truck, parked right outside the front of house...then stayed a night or two....then "left for Yreka" but then showed BACK up at his house, parked the truck down the street and around the corner all hidey-type?

Something about this u-haul thing is bugging me

Mari 68

Mood: Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm not freckles but I have a few..lol..anyhow what I recall about the u-haul tale is that when she was finally moving out of Mesa..according to her..she went to Travis' home per his request..had to park down the street because she was a secret and his friends didn't like her..don't believe she said she spent the night and can't recall if any sex went on..prob said they did tho..there was soo much sex tales I couldn't keep track..anyhow some sort of argument supposedly occurred and she left..walked to the u-haul and not wanting "it" to end on a bad note pulled in front of his house to try to make amends..he supposedly came out to the truck briefly before walking back up to his house and flipping her off before she pulled away...

I suspect the only true part of this tale is the flipping of the bird,by the way.

carlakay

Mood: Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm afraid, very afraid!! Did anyone notice her behaviour when she got off the stand and went to her lawyer's desk? She was bent over *sobbing* (tearless in my opinion) for a few minutes then all of a sudden she sat bolt upright, looked at her female lawyer then grabbed a book of some sort, slammed it open and started writing FURIOUSLY. No sign of the previous distress she had shown on the stand just very focussed and determined. I think she was making notes for Monday on how she will direct squirmy nurmi to ask questions to try and undo JM's excellent questioning. He may have had her backed into a corner but I don't think he actually *broke* her. She's not going to give up that easily. I find her fascinating to watch the way she changes moods instantly, body language shifts, the stupid little voice intonations etc: I wish the judge would tell her not to hide her face with her hair, apart from making her look stoopid, I want to see if she's faking tears or smirking!!
I do so hope the jury isn't expecting to see a video/photo's of the actual murder and that they can understand circumstantial evidence. If not, we're in trouble. MOO

hello clarice

Mood: Scared

Back to top Go down

Jodi Arias - Trial for the muredr of Travis Alexander

Post by hello clarice on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Puzzler wrote:The overkill is amazing. The energy this woman used in her rage is difficult to apprehend. Over dropping a camera and him cursing at her?

Yesterday, on the stand, when JA was commenting that when she dropped the camera, TA called her a stupid b*tch (or similar words), I though I saw a look of disgust flicker across her face.

Maybe it was a look of hurt...but it came across to me as a look of disgust. If she can't hide that in court - imagine what she would look like in his house and knowing no one else was in the house except for the 2 of them.
I agree puzzler, it was overkill but adrenaline would have given her the strength she needed IMO. With regard to the look of disgust/hurt on her face, IIRC she was more upset that TA told her that a '5 year old could handle a camera better than her' because she considered herself to be a 'professional photographer.'

hello clarice

Mood: Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Trueblue on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Just in case if anyone is interested there is a full replay of day 25 thursday on wptv.com. I watch the trial from there as they have no ads. Hello clarice, about the hair, I watched Brian Carr the boyfriend that visits her say that they discussed this and he suggested that she pull her hair forward when she got embarassed about the sexual things being discussed.

Trueblue

Mood: Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:28 pm

That camera never dropped - until she started to stab him.

He never said "f*king b*tch" to her. Travis would write "freaking" and "bullcrap" in his text messages. The ones where he's pretty darn upset with her, too.

He didn't curse at her. He didn't call her a 5 year old - he didn't "make fun" of her.

she makes me so sick

Mari 68

Mood: Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:47 pm

We need to make sure we are forming out opinions on some sort of evidence OR strong beliefs, logic.

JA is a known liar.
JA is on the stand and facing a potential death penalty, ie, she is in the fight of her life.
Often, when there is no evidence to be offer, EMOTIONS, FAR FETCHED STORIES, and I BELIEVE are being offered by JA and her defense.

Listen to the words of the attys:
Nurmi slides in, "Do you recall..." and "Is it your belief..." and "Is it your opinion..." and "Can you tell us why you think..."

When/if Martinez uses the above form of questioning, Nurmi immediately objects; in the past, when Martinez objected to Nurmi using this type of leading question, Nurmi immediately said, "It is not being offered as to truth but only goes to foundation, your honor...."

IF JA could not be honest in her prior life activities, her relationships with others, what makes you think a silly oath to honestly is going to be binding with her? Yesterday, she was not honest and was not in a fight for her life; today, as she is fighting for her life she will suddenly become a moral person?

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:56 pm

The U-Haul:

First of April, 2008:
JA's mother arrives by plane to help JA move;
JA dumps mother--- probably only wanted the cash for the move.

JA's moving from Mesa back to Yreka.
JA is taking the BMW she was supposedly buying from Travis--- $ 6,000 dollars to be paid $100.00 a month or more as she had the finances.
JA's car was being repossessed; she had bad credit.
JA rents the U-Haul.
JA puts the BMW on the back for a tow.
JA goes to Travis'; he helps her with something on the U-Haul.
JA has sex with Travis.
JA leaves.
JA goes to get on road and has problems with the tow.
JA gets off, goes back to Travis';
JA spends 2 more days with Travis having sex most the time.

JA finally leaves Travis and Mesa to the relief of his friends.
He supposedly flips her off.
She takes the southern and longer route back to Yreka.
JA puts her stuff in it and heads to SoCal, seeing Gus, Darryl, Matt along the way.

Feel free to add or amend.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:09 pm

carlakay wrote:I'm not freckles but I have a few..lol..anyhow what I recall about the u-haul tale is that when she was finally moving out of Mesa..according to her..she went to Travis' home per his request..had to park down the street because she was a secret and his friends didn't like her..don't believe she said she spent the night and can't recall if any sex went on..prob said they did tho..there was soo much sex tales I couldn't keep track..anyhow some sort of argument supposedly occurred and she left..walked to the u-haul and not wanting "it" to end on a bad note pulled in front of his house to try to make amends..he supposedly came out to the truck briefly before walking back up to his house and flipping her off before she pulled away...

I suspect the only true part of this tale is the flipping of the bird,by the way.

I don't see TA flipping her off let alone in public.
BUT, if he did, IMO, she probably intentionally provoked him.
It is easier to say good-bye to someone when you are angry, isn't it?
And, her "prince charming" turned out to be all too mortal.

JA is probably feeling a lot of negative emotions:
she is being forced to RETURN HOME;
she does not have the life style she believes TA OWES her for all the anal sex;
she is broker than when she first met Darryl and they started buying a house together.
JA has no job at this point; CREDIT is maxed out, car is repossessed; she has no BOY FRIEND; no plans for her FUTURE; no last trip, the one to CANCUN; she has a LONG DRIVE ahead to plan how to get back into OWNING TRAVIS' LIFE and MAKING IT HER OWN.

She is probably bitter, IMO.
Money bags did not come through for her.
I am sure she said something snarky to Travis and he gave her a, "What ever!" attitude as she pulled out.

Did she tell him he owed her for the finest piece he ever had?
Did she tell him she was going to tell the bishop and ruin him?
Did she tell him it was all his fault she was such a low life?
Did she tell him... What did she tell him? She was mad her magic carpet-man was flying away and she was NOT going on that trip with him? The trip to forever after happy?

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:12 pm

A different case but I found some things of interest:

@5:25:00
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3032600/vp/50994724#49310186

"When a victim is attempting to leave a relationship or has left a relationship it is by far the most dangerous time for a victim. "

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:25 am

Dateline: Along Comes Jodi
Part 1 of several parts posted by tawnidilly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmX1aifi4JI

Part 3:
@4:00
Abe speaks of PPL and the lesson of the Art of the Interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLTTfEJ45po

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:47 am

CLICK TO PLAY

GRAPHIC VIDEO: Jodi Arias murder trial wrap

It was an emotional and graphic day in court in the Jodi Arias murder trial. 03-01-2013

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?bctid=2197816153001&odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE%7Cfeatured

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:00 am

Up next for Jodi Arias defense: Damage control

By John Elliott
updated 3:19 PM EST, Fri March 01, 2013

•Arias’ attorney Kirk Nurmi will begin his redirect examination
•Arias says she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense

Jodi Arias’ attorney Kirk Nurmi will get his chance Monday to try to repair the damage caused by prosecutor Juan Martinez’s intense cross-examination. Nurmi will ask Arias questions during his redirect examination in an attempt to re-establish her credibility with the jury.

Nurmi’s redirect examination is expected to last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Martinez will not get a chance to recross examine Arias, according to Arizona law.

However, after Nurmi finishes his redirect examination, the jurors will get a chance to ask Arias any questions they have before she exits the witness stand.

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/03/01/next-arias-defense-damage-control

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:04 am

[JODI ARIAS] Jodi Arias trial March 01, 2013 NEWS IMAGENS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Siml5WL7V4g

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 am

Det Flores and JA:
Left palm print... repeatedly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okIrvDgG7g8

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 am

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

TODAY | March 01, 2013

Sex, lies, and murder: The Jodi Arias trial

The Phoenix, Ariz., trial of Jodi Arias has been grabbing national headlines as details about the sexual relationship between Arias and the lover she’s accused of murdering come out. Dateline’s Josh Mankiewicz reports.

More Videos:

http://www.today.com/video/today/51003962/#51003962

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:14 am

Weeziethm wrote:What do y'all think Nurmi's approach will be on re-direct?? Do you think he will keep Jodi up there and "try" to debunk each little point that Juan scored, or do you think he will just go with the DV experts to try and 'splain it all away!

I don't see much of an advantage to keep her spewing more stories and lies, but Jodi may INSIST on getting up there to sway the jury with her charm and think she can use big words and a pouty face to manipulate them.

I suppose we'll see come Monday!

The Defenses theory was that JA killed TA in self defense.

They claimed she "couldn't remember" many aspects of the case- such as the knifing part of the slaughter;

JA suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome, in addition to aspects of an individual who has suffered over the course of time, at the hands of a violent, sexual deviant who was intent on keeping his sexual appetite private and personal from his spiritual responsibilities and reputation.

JA worked hard to assist with this defense, but I believe ego, a brilliant prosecutor, and the facts made it impossible for JA to maintain her arrogant composure. When "forced" to look at the photos of Travis's injuries, she began to "remember" all too well her participation, weither accurate or not, she accepted responsibility publically despite all her stories, satisfying the goal of the prosecution.

Nurmi would best serve his client by trying to appeal to the jury and get her life in prison.

I don't think by trying to rehabilitate JA will help much, what's be said and testified to by JA has already been done. He had JA on the stand until jury fatigue set in- the jury (and audience) are tired. The jury doesn't want to hear domestic abuse experts droning on for days and days. Maybe one day. Stop insulting everyone, she's already "owned" her actions, move on. Then, focus on JA's positive qualities, her relationships, her age, etc...

We're talking Nurmi here, lets just wait and see how good his defense skills really are.

Calypso

Mood: Vacation

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:46 am

Mari 68 wrote:That camera never dropped - until she started to stab him.

He never said "f*king b*tch" to her. Travis would write "freaking" and "bullcrap" in his text messages. The ones where he's pretty darn upset with her, too.

He didn't curse at her. He didn't call her a 5 year old - he didn't "make fun" of her.

she makes me so sick

Chances are if he was shot in the face- and had a bullet lodged in his cheek, and was in intense pain and was spiraling out of consciousness, I don't believe he was cursing at her either. He may have been trying to scream or making sounds, but I doubt he was cursing at her.

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:24 am

photo nose_zpsd37d7219.jpg

He really is nas-teee!

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:26 am

photo Nurmi_zpsdce6da56.jpg

Nurmi adjusting his wurmi

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:51 am

Puzzler wrote:The overkill is amazing. The energy this woman used in her rage is difficult to apprehend. Over dropping a camera and him cursing at her?

Yes, I agree, the brutality and savagery of Travis's injuries combined with the energy it took to control Travis and take his life are just incredible.

JA stated her called her a "Fu@king Idiot" after she allegedly dropped the camera, which sparked this event.

Knowing she can plan to set the circumstances, and slip into a "Sweeney Todd" type moment, and snuff out another human life is a scary thing in itself.

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:33 am

IMO, anyone NOT feeding the ego or the needs of Jodi Arias is abusing her. IF Travis derived more pleasure of the relationship with Jodi than she wanted him to have, then she was abused in her eyes !!!

And, if you had a life separate from hers, she was abused.You are NOT entitled to have anything without her permission: no dreams, hopes, hurts, concerns, plans, finances, jobs, vacations, meals, etc..

Jodi is a COMPLETE control freak. All in life belongs to her. Period. She said so.

Everything had to cleared through Jodi. She wanted ultimate control over anyone and everything in or around her life; she really believes she is entitled to those terms.

From her viewpoint, any independence someone has without her permission is abuse to her.

Yes. I DO believe Jodi feels abused by Travis, her parents, her grandparents, Juan Martinez, Judge Stephens, the jury, Nurmi, the victim's family. After all, did she give them permission to pass judgement on her?
If they are good Christians, as they say they are, then they OWE it to her forgiveness and that would exclude the death penalty, any judgements. Surely, they can understand how she was forced to lie and cover-up the "truth" because the truth did NOT ask her permission for its opinion, its existence, or to even be called the truth!

On another note:
Martinez figured out how to undo Jodi.
Agree with her! Stroke her ego BEFORE asking her what really happened. And understand: Jodi has two patterns for answering questions. The first pattern is to parse the question 2-3 times BEFORE answering with the requested yes/no. The second pattern is to agree to the questions 5-6 times in a row and THEN demand clarity of the words, not the intent but the actual definition plus the intent.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:23 am

Murder victim's Mesa home attracts big crowds

Posted: Mar 01, 2013 9:58 PM CST
Updated: Mar 01, 2013 11:35 PM CST

By Kelly Hessedal, FOX 10 News

(VIDEO)

MESA, Ariz. - A valley home is at the center of the most infamous murder case in the country right now.

The former home of Travis Alexander and the same place where he was brutally killed by Jodi Arias.

Very little is known about the home, which is located in the far east valley, but over the past few days, it's been at the center of Arias' testimony.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21441616/2013/03/01/murder-victims-mesa-home-attracts-big-crowds

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:32 am

Phoenix lawyer: Arias defense has 'repair work' to do when trial resumes Monday

by Catherine Holland
GMAZ interview by Tess Rafols and Kaley O'Kelley

Posted on March 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Updated yesterday at 2:00 PM

~Snipped~

Phoenix criminal defense attorney Julio Laboy sat down with Tess Rafols and Kaley O'Kelley Friday morning to discuss the latest developments in the trial, which has become the most-watched case in the country.

"It's going to be up to the defense to show that this break-down is in line with their story and their theme," Laboy said. "There are folks who might suggest that this is panic. There are folks who are suggesting that it's really a manifestation of her being caught, cornered by Juan Martinez in a very direct and very effective cross-examination.

"What I think what the jury is seeing in the end is a prosecutor who believes 100 percent in his case," Laboy continued. "There is no question in that jury's mind that he's passionate about this case, as he should be. … He is the singular person in that courtroom representing Travis Alexander."

Read more:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Phoenix-lawyer-Arias-defense-has-repair-work-to-do-when-trial-resumes-Monday-194347751.html

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 am

Jodi Arias trial: Analyst Grant Woods says case is 'over' after hearing murder suspect's testimony

Posted: 02/28/2013
Last Updated: 20 hours and 19 minutes ago

By: Adam Slinger

PHOENIX - Former Arizona Attorney General Grant Woods told ABC15 that the Jodi Arias case is "over” after watching her testimony on Thursday, as prosecutors poked holes in her story.

“Before, she said she doesn’t remember the stabbing,” said Woods. “Today, she admitted that, obviously, she’s the one who did it.”

Woods said when the trial started he thought it was “questionable” if the jury would recommend a death sentence for Arias. Now, after hearing the suspected murderer on the stand, he’s changed his mind.

Read more:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/Jodi-Arias-trial-Analyst-Grant-woods-says-case-is-over-after-hearing-murder-suspects-testimony

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:44 am

Behind the scenes: Arias relationship

Published on Mar 2, 2013

Here's a look at the relationship between Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander before Alexander's death

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aJKNxIZMVc&feature=player_embedded

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 am

An older link---
Arias drops trial bombshell during testimony
Posted on February 12, 2013 at 6:21 AM

"Computer forensic evidence is better than DNA. It doesn't lie. There was absolutely nothing on Travis Alexander's computer to show he ever had anything to do with child pornography," Phoenix attorney Jason Lamm told 3TV. Lamm is providing trial analysis for HLN."

"The physical abuse grew more frequent, Arias testified. Their arguments would turn violent, she told the jury. At one point, Arias held up a finger that she says is permanently bent from one such incident with Alexander.

"Sometimes I regret not getting medical help because it would've healed correctly. Sometimes it feels arthritic compared to my other joints," Arias said of her injured finger."

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Arias-drops-trial-bombshell-during-testimony-190791481.html

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 am

Bmore wrote:other then when you have to put the little sticker on that comes in the mail after you pay MVA an outragous fee for your new tags do you EVER... EVER think about your license plates? NO... What reason on God's Green Earth would she have to even touch the plate?

Is putting the one plate on upsidedown kind of bizarre? IMO yes. I still think she absolutely did it because if casually noticed at all it might look as if it were a different combo of numbers, and if not, well at least if caught she could say what she did---"Oh gee officer, I didn't do this. My pals must be playing a trick!" (Even this was a different story than the version 2.0 told in court!!! Frankly I think little miss stupid saw something like this on a TV crime show and copied it! I would bet on it!

18thcenturylady

Location: New Hampshire~Visit me at www.thecountryladyantiques.com

http://www.thecountryladyantiques.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:47 am

Does anyone know where I can actually read those emails from Travis near the end when he talks about telling Jodi how she's hung up on him repeatedly and he's asked her not to, and when he said things like "you ruined my life"? I have not been able to see copies of this other than when they were flashed briefly in court, and I would like to actually read them.
Thanks!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:50 am

18thcenturylady wrote:Does anyone know where I can actually read those emails from Travis near the end when he talks about telling Jodi how she's hung up on him repeatedly and he's asked her not to, and when he said things like "you ruined my life"? I have not been able to see copies of this other than when they were flashed briefly in court, and I would like to actually read them.
Thanks!
That is all I have seen. Line items flashed before the court/camera lens.
Sometimes, if you watch the days vids, you can pause the vid and see specific items or pictures that have been glossed over.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 pm

Calypso wrote: photo nose_zpsd37d7219.jpg

He really is nas-teee!

I've been wondering if these are not-so-subtle hints to Jodi; finger in left nostril means one thing; other nostril means something else.

CuriousPortlander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 pm

I've been sick all week and it peaked last night... While I was in the middle of my Nyquil medicine head loopiness I was thinking TA didn't really cuss and didn't discipline his dog either... so we're suppose to believe he's a crazy abuser?

Bmore

Mood: Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:03 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Calypso wrote: photo nose_zpsd37d7219.jpg

He really is nas-teee!

I've been wondering if these are not-so-subtle hints to Jodi; finger in left nostril means one thing; other nostril means something else.

Oh...my....Gosh....gag!!!
I mean really. This guy is sloppy-looking obese. Hideous dresser with inappropriate, unflattering, and loud color choices and cheap looking suits and ties. He has very unattractive facial hair that looks like he's been on a bender for 3 days, and now he's digging for gold! An attorney? He's got ambulance-chaser written all over him!

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Bmore wrote:I've been sick all week and it peaked last night... While I was in the middle of my Nyquil medicine head loopiness I was thinking TA didn't really cuss and didn't discipline his dog either... so we're suppose to believe he's a crazy abuser?

Awwww....feel better soon!
You are right! Hope that's a point J. mentions in his summation!
I am wondering if in rebuttal Juan can have friends and associates testify to how Travis was kind, never violent, and would never hurt anyone---everyone seems to say that. I know in their main case it's not allowed, but would it be in rebuttal?
Somehow it just seems wrong that Jodi can trash a dead man's reputation with serious and heinous lies, and something can't be brought in to refute that at some point...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Have not found any source for copies of the emails between Travis and Jodi when he was finally getting disgusted with her, so if anyone does, please put a link----I mean actual readable copies.
Also, I never did hear where and when and to whom Travis referred to Jodi as a "3 hole wonder, slut, and whore". Was this said directly TO HER in emails to her, or did he say this about her to someone else, or was this totally made up by Jodi???
Thanks~

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:33 pm

I was thinking...I watched the video link provided here the other day of the friend of Travis'---I think her name is Julie? She was on HLN with Jane Velez Mitchell and told of being at dinner in a restaurant with Travis and Jodi several weeks before his death, and her premonition of something awful happening to him. She even took him aside to tell him of it privately.
She also talks in the interview about how Jodi sat stoically at the table, not talking or engaging while they were at dinner, and that it was she (Julie) and Travis who did the talking.
Here is a woman (married, I think), who had NO romantic interest in Travis and was merely a friend and business associate in Prepaid Legal at the time. I mean, heck---he was chatting biz with an old married friend with Jodi right there and she couldn't handle it and pouted like a 5 yr. old!
I bet if we could talk to more people who knew Travis and Jodi when they were going out, we would hear similar stories of how even in an innocent social situation, if Travis was merely talking to another woman (NOT EVEN FLIRTING), Jodi behaved coldly or oddly, and gave him the "silent treatment". I think this started right at the time they met.
I think that Jodi was unreasonably and out-of-control jealous of course, but I believe that it was not just when Travis may have actually verbally flirted with someone. I think that there were many more instances of them being together in a social group early on, and that if Travis even smiled or chatted about anything at all with a woman in their group, Jodi became silent, didn't smile or take part in the conversations, and pouted.
I am sure Travis heard about it later in what I am sure were childish tirades.

I think that before he actually did begin to date other women, he saw this immature behavior from the beginning when he did absolutely nothing wrong, and certainly before they were even a bonafide 'couple'. I think Jodi's reactions were out of line and creepy-possessive, as well as inappropriate since they were still in the beginning stages of getting to know each other. I believe that is when he knew that she was just not someone he wanted as a wife, and while still remaining pleasant with her, began to pull away by not encouraging public displays of affection or touching her romantically in ways that would encourage her---trying to distance himself from her.
She responded with whining, wheedling, anger, snooping, accusations, and manipulation, even going so far as to jump to erroneous conclusions in cases, assuming he was sleeping with someone he was not, and retaliate with stalking and punitive actions and always, always using the sex card to lure him back to her.

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:01 pm

THE DEFENSE TRYING TO REHABILITATE JA AFTER CROSS:

SINKING SHIP photo: Sinking ship 0013.gif

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:11 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:

I mean really. This guy is sloppy-looking obese. Hideous dresser with inappropriate, unflattering, and loud color choices and cheap looking suits and ties. He has very unattractive facial hair that looks like he's been on a bender for 3 days, and now he's digging for gold! An attorney? He's got ambulance-chaser written all over him!

THIS, is just totally DISCUSTING!!! barf

And where, praytell, do you suppose he is putting his boogers?
My vote is on his tongue!!

I wanted to say something about Wilmott, but I can't get past THIS to see her!

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Up next for Jodi Arias defense: Damage control

By John Elliott

Jodi Arias’ attorney Kirk Nurmi will get his chance Monday to try to repair the damage caused by prosecutor Juan Martinez’s intense cross-examination. Nurmi will ask Arias questions during his redirect examination in an attempt to re-establish her credibility with the jury.

Nurmi’s redirect examination is expected to last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Martinez will not get a chance to recross examine Arias, according to Arizona law.

However, after Nurmi finishes his redirect examination, the jurors will get a chance to ask Arias any questions they have before she exits the witness stand.

Read more:

Yikes! I had no idea Juan cannot re-cross Jodi! Well, I still feel he will have a good rebuttal case as soon as Nurmi is finally finished with the defense case. I think he will probably drag the case on this whole week, YUK.
I don't expect a rebuttal case, which I am sure will be short, sweet, and effective, until at LEAST the week after this one...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Up next for Jodi Arias defense: Damage control

By John Elliott

Read more:

You can bet that during Nurmi's re direct, Juan will be listening like a hawk and making notes. After Nurmi has rested his case, Juan will make sure his rebuttal hits ALL points and I think he may just have a few suprise witnesses and testimony to offer. After that, Nurmi again for his closing, BUT, Juan's closing is the LAST thing the jury will hear, and he will tie everything together for them and remind them of ALL the important details.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Calypso wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:

THIS, is just totally DISCUSTING!!! barf

And where, praytell, do you suppose he is putting his boogers?
My vote is on his tongue!!

I wanted to say something about Wilmott, but I can't get past THIS to see her!

Yup! I bet he just casually stretches out his arms then slides them closer and closer to his mouth before pretending to yawn or something in response to Juan Martinez' questioning, and then WHAM! In go the boogers!----Or else he's wiping them on the sides of his chair! Ewww....this guy is just so bad on so many levels! LOL!
BTW, saw Wilmott looking like a deer in the headlights, and then turn to look at Nurmi with a panicked expression a few times during Juan's cross!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Lol, Poor 'Olivier'---He's going to think most American are disgusting pervs!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:14 pm

18th CL:
Not sure if the name was Julie Christy??? The woman who told TA of impending doom. Do you recall what the approximate date was? Curious as JA supposedly had left Mesa first of April... here I am thinking that happened a week of so before his death.

For Martinez' rebuttal: IMO, the focus should not be on what a great guy hence undeserving of death TA was but what a sour apple JA is.She had means and opportunity and HAS confessed! Motive, while interesting, is not necessary to prove because it deals with thoughts or emotion, not hard facts.

Pout she certainly did; we only have to see how she is on the stand when asked to recount events, NOT even be ACCOUNTABLE. But, in addition, do you recall her fit of insecurity when when a woman fell into JA and he laughingly helped steady her? JA ran to the bathroom and cried because SHE was so embarrassed, she said?
IMO, JA was embarrassed because SHE had lost control and was NOT the center of attention for those few minutes. Travis and others dared to laugh at the folly of another. She did not find that funny.(I was surprised there was alcohol even there. Had to wondered if the woman was affiliated with LDS or PPL.)

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:16 pm

18thCL said"

" She responded with whining, wheedling, anger, snooping, accusations, and manipulation, even going so far as to jump to erroneous conclusions in cases, assuming he was sleeping with someone he was not, and retaliate with stalking and punitive actions and always, always using the sex card to lure him back to her."

You mean her normal "SEE ME! SEE ME!" behavior?

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 pm

I think the only way to recross is if Nurmi brings in something new that hasn't been addressed yet...

Thanks for the get well 18th, this has been a rough cold...

I was just thinking how the roomies would say Napoleon would potty on the floor and Travis would just clean it up and not shame him... That's what they originally thought the hint of decomp smell was that the pup had an accident in TA's room and it didn't get cleaned up or cleaned up very good... Your house is your biggest investment and carpets aren't cheap, if you're going to just let your dog ruin it and do nothing am I suppose to believe that you're going to beat some chics ass over dropping your camera a few inches onto the floor and not even check to see if it was broken? There was no mat in front of the shower or in the laundry that I know of so even it hitting the mat first is even a lie... I think JM really needs to have the jury meet the real Travis, who he was and what's been lost since she killed him... I think reading them part of his blogs will give them a sense...

Bmore

Mood: Praying

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum