George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by allears on Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Intel wrote:1. There is no proof that Trayvon Martin (hereafter Trayvon. He was a minor so I use Trayvon) attacked and inflicted the alleged “injuries” on George Zimmerman (hereafter GZ).
What sort of "proof" would you expect to be present that wasn't? There were no eyewitnesses to the majority of the altercation, so as far as how GZ got his injuries, we have to rely mostly on his statements/testimony. We do have Witness 6's (aka "John") initial interview on the very night of the event, where he claims he saw GZ yelling for help, and also saw TM "throwing down blows" "on the concrete at [that] point". Of course I'm aware of how John, after the story exploded in the media, dialed back his certainty of who was yelling for help (but still indicated he believed it was the guy on the bottom, but couldn't be sure) and whether or not the guy on top was "throwing down blows", or merely forcefully holding the guy on the bottom down, though "John" still did reference a "Bam! Bam! Bam!" motion. He also never wavered in his certainty of who was on top.

Now, as far as GZ's injuries: Are there injuries consistent with the attacks he claimed TM inflicted upon him? I would say yes. The EMT's that night said his nose was likely broken, his nose appeared to be quite swollen in the picture taken in the back of the police car, and he had two lacerations on the back of his head which the lead EMT, Michael Brandy, said "he was gonna need to go to the hospital, probably, and get some stitches". He also described GZ as having "cuts and abrasions on his face and his nose."

Intel wrote:On the contrary, there are NO traces of GZ’s blood- and/or saliva DNA, body tissue, etc. on Trayvon’s hands, fingernail scrapings, the cuffs of his sleeves etc. (see ME report) – eventhough (a) 45% of GZ’s face was covered with blood (per O’Rouke), (b) Trayvon covered GZ’s nose and mouth with his both hands in an effort to suffocate GZ, (c) simultaneously used the same hands to rain down dozens of deadly blows on GZ’s head and face, (d) simultaneously used the same hands to bash GZ’s head several times on the concrete side walk until GZ’s head was about to explode, etc.
TM's "hands" didn't undergo DNA testing, only his fingernail clippings did. According to the discovery documents, the EMT's didn't make contact with GZ until ~7:40 PM, over 20 minutes after GZ suffered his injuries, and over 20 minutes after any covering of GZ's nose and mouth occurred. There are no witness statements to testify to how bloody GZ's face and nose was at the time of the alleged smothering, thus there can't be any reliable assumptions to how much blood should or shouldn't be present on TM's "hands" (which weren't tested) or elsewhere. Talk about "intellectual dishonesty" (which you later in this quoted post of yours accuse me of): GZ never said, or implied in any way, that all those things happened simultaneously, that is you repeating things that LLMPapa and his kind present without being based on any of GZ's (or anybody else's) statements.

Intel wrote:Now you are going to tell me that the rain washed the DNA away and that that rain was (a) careful and surgical enough not to wash Trayvon’s own DNA and dirt off of Trayvon’s hands, fingernail scrapings and the cuffs of his sleeves, (b) careful and surgical enough not to disturb the blood trail on the back of GZ’s head or even drop a single drop of rain on GZ's head? Etc.
No, I will repeat what I said above: we don't know how bloody GZ's face was when he was on his back, being smothered, and receiving those blows from TM, and TM's hands were not tested. That said, where were TM's hands before he was rolled over onto his back for CPR? They were underneath his body, out of the rain, probably clutching, or near the bleeding hole in his chest. Where is the confusion in understanding why his own blood would be present on his own hands given that we know where his hands were when the police found him? I don't know what you're saying or trying to imply about GZ's "blood trail", as we can clearly see the still-bleeding wound on the back of his head in Witness 13's photo. To my knowledge it was still raining at that time.

Intel wrote:2. GZ suffered NO broken nose. If you have proof let’s see it. The report from GZ's own private doctor stated “likely broken nose”. There was no medical examination/X-ray (because GZ refused one). That same report also stated that there was no (dry) blood in GZ’s nostrils (!!). A day after a broken nose, blood would still present in the nostril or the nose was NOT borken. From the photo of the GZ’s bleeding nose, it is apparent the blood was not coming from inside his nose but rather the tip of the nose which appeared to have been pierced by a pointed object (supporting the suspicion that GZ might have ran into a tree while pursuing Trayvon).
More intellectual dishonesty or just ignorance of the facts. GZ was diagnosed with a broken nose:



No medical examination? What would you call the procedure that the physician's assistant undertook that is the source of the medical report?

The report said nothing about the absence of "dry" blood, it said "No bleeding noted in nares", or in other words, there was no blood or bleeding noted in the nostrils at that time (the source of the blood would have been higher up in the nasal cavity anyway). What the report did say is that GZ had bruising and swelling of the "nasolabial folds". I wonder how he received those? From TM's smothering or from the punches, or maybe both?

You need to look at those photos again, and especially at the photos at the police station. The bleeding clearly did not come from those tiny abrasions on the tip of his nose.

And to this ridiculous assertion that GZ ran into the tree in "pursuit" of Trayvon. Are you embracing the idea that this is how GZ suffered all his facial injuries? Is this what knocked GZ to the ground which caused him to suffer the lacerations to the back of his head? If GZ fell to the ground in pursuit of TM, what did TM do at that time? Did this not afford TM the chance to "get away", if that's what you're implying he was trying to do at that time? Where is the rationality in your views, or are you not required to be rational?

Intel wrote:I have reviewed most of the arguments made by you and find the irrationality of it all along with the inherent intellectual dishonesty quite disturbing. I can excuse they who claim not to know the facts and are as such remaining “neutral” (like Pianist who chose not to see the “facts”). But anyone who knows or claims to know the facts of this case and still think that GZ might be innocent is – just like my own dad – an outright racist. I said it. And I mean it.

BTW, Trayvon was 16yrs and 3 weeks old. He was a juvenile – NOT “a young man”!
Where was I "intellectually dishonest"? Please, point to specifics. I have omitted no information that I'm privy to in order to bolster my arguments, have you? You've clearly interjected information that is factually inaccurate, especially regarding the "simultaneous" claims that GZ never made. And finally you resort to the weakest of all accusations in this case, blaming someone who presents logical arguments, who doesn't exaggerate or twist the facts, in support of GZ's innocence, as "racist". I'm fully aware that you believe what you say.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume when you say TM was "16" that was a typo.


Last edited by allears on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed "stomach" to "back for CPR")

allears

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm

allears said..." Where is the rationality in your views, or are you not required to be rational?..."

IMO, Intel IS being "rational" but you are accusative and attacking the posting Intel has shared. Would it not be more prudent to respect a difference of opinion rather than accuse the poster?
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Jury selection to begin in George Zimmerman murder trial

Sunday, June 09, 2013
By MIKE SCHNEIDER
The Associated Press


http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=9132508
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by allears on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Freckles wrote:IMO, Intel IS being "rational" but you are accusative and attacking the posting Intel has shared. Would it not be more prudent to respect a difference of opinion rather than accuse the poster?
Did you not see the below?
Intel wrote:I have reviewed most of the arguments made by you and find the irrationality of it all along with the inherent intellectual dishonesty quite disturbing. I can excuse they who claim not to know the facts and are as such remaining “neutral” (like Pianist who chose not to see the “facts”). But anyone who knows or claims to know the facts of this case and still think that GZ might be innocent is – just like my own dad – an outright racist. I said it. And I mean it.
I guess because he/she didn't specifically say "allears, you are racist" it's not the same? I'm sorry... I'm not willing to play dumb and pretend I don't know that he/she was directing that implication towards myself... it was an extension of the same paragraph where he/she did specifically address me, and it was in response to a post of mine he/she quoted.

He/she made his/her intentions clear, and took efforts to ensure no one would accuse him/her of mincing words.

allears

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:05 pm

I know that the Zimmerman/Martin Case is a highly polarized subject. Some posters believe Zimmerman acted in self defense when he killed Trayvon Martin, while others believe that he committed murder. But, regarless of our beliefs, we should behave in a courteous and respectful manner toward others.

Theories are open to discussion and criticism. Everyone has their own opinion, not everyone has to agree.



~~~no statement or position can be considered absolutely “right or wrong"~~~

Please keep the discussion civil and polite.

Thank you in advance!
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:21 pm

I totally agree!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not everyone agrees.

But people should be civil to each other.

We are not on trial here after all. All of us are quite "good people", I am sure :)

We are simply stating our opinions.

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Mari 68 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Good grief. This has gone to schitt and the trial hasn't even started yet


avatar
Mari 68

Posts : 1151
Join date : 2012-06-01
Location : Southern California
Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Pianist on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Alessandra, OptioMac, and Mari.....thank you for your recent posts. From the beginning of this thread I have had major concerns about posting on it due to the contentious aspects of this trial. Everyone's opinion is important but all posts should be polite and not argumentative. Of course that is how I feel. I would hate to see this thread locked down as earlier threads on this issue were due to the manner in which people wrote. Thank you again.
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks Pianist

Re: "BTW, Trayvon was 16yrs and 3 weeks old. He was a juvenile – NOT “a young man”!"

"16yrs and 3 weeks old" is indeed a typo or an incorrect info.

I just checked on Google and all the links (including WIKI) say:

Trayvon Benjamin Martin (February 5, 1995 – February 26, 2012)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin
http://www.forevermissed.com/trayvon-martin/#about

ETC

making Trayvon 17yrs and 3 weeks old at the time of his death (rather than 16yrs and 3 weeks old)

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:54 pm

True, Trayvon celebrated his 17th birthday 3 weeks before he was shot and killed. He was still a juvenile.



avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Pianist on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Boy, I wish everything being said could be verified this way. He was 17. In my culture he would be referred to as a young man. In other cultures he would be called a kid. But legally he was a juvenile. I think we all would agree that he was too young to die.
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Eight days before Trayvon was fatally shot, he celebrated his mother's birthday.

He (Javaris Fulton) talked about the first time his brother ever rode a horse, when they were celebrating their mother’s birthday eight days before Martin was fatally shot. On the night in question, Fulton said he noticed several missed calls on his phone from his mother. He recounted the conversation they had when his mother told him the horrible news, saying “I didn’t believe it, and I didn’t understand it either.” CNN.com




NBCNews - Courtesy of Sybrina Fulton

I noticed that Trayvon is wearing his earphones, even when he is riding the horse.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by justanopinion on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Mari 68 wrote:Good grief. This has gone to schitt and the trial hasn't even started yet



Mari68 this is one of those cases it seems that is a make or break a group, the GZ threads have been locked here and are one of the causes of "the hinky meter" closing.. very polarizing. I have been afraid to follow this case lately because of how strongly everyone feels about their position
. Maybe it is still too soon for this case to be tried because of all of the media hype previous to now.

I really don't know how I feel about the charges now that some time has passed. What I do know is that as a 54yr old female who is white/native if I was followed at the same time of day that TM was followed I would have been most likely in a defensive stance... and depending on what transpired may have become an aggressor to defend my right to be there and myself... I would not expect to die for doing so. Sad and TM should not have expected it either IMO. I would imagine that age might have increased that probability. I would also imagine that hometown and societal experience would also be reflected in how one would respond. An example from my own life is that I accompanied a client from the group home I worked at to Florida (from Canada) I had a day off while there... so I went shopping, I was thrilled that stores were open all night... concerned that people were arriving at the Walmart with guns in the window of their vehicle and side arms at 2 am.. a norm for the place I was... but certainly not a norm where I live.

I hope that we can all try to be open minded... and respectful of each other and discuss the viewpoints we have and agree to differ. Mari I am not directing most of what I have said at you... but using this post as a forum to post some of what I am thinking... And yes Good Grief!! (green post portion to be in agreement with Mari68.. ) Laughing
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Read the Rules as posted by FystyAngel and Justice4All

Post by Ann - Tx on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:19 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:I know that the Zimmerman/Martin Case is a highly polarized subject. Some posters believe Zimmerman acted in self defense when he killed Trayvon Martin, while others believe that he committed murder. But, regarless of our beliefs, we should behave in a courteous and respectful manner toward others.

Theories are open to discussion and criticism. Everyone has their own opinion, not everyone has to agree.



~~~no statement or position can be considered absolutely “right or wrong"~~~

Please keep the discussion civil and polite.

Thank you in advance!

Rules


Excellent, Ales!

Just a reminder to all:

In 2012, there were numerous times that the Zimmerman/Martin thread(s) were locked by Justice4All (ADMIN) or KZ (Mod).

Every one is entitled to his or her opinion. However, if someone disagrees with you, there is no need to personally "attack" that person.

If things get out of hand or become a problem, I know Justice4All won't hesitate to lock the thread. He does not have time to "baby sit" a blog. So . . . I guess it is up to the posters to not create problems if they want the thread(s) to remain unlocked.


The following are by FystyAngel and Justice4All, Site Owners and Admin:

~~~~~~~~~~RULES~~~~~~~~~~

Post by FystyAngel on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:41 am
.

THIS IS AN 18 YR OLD AND UP SITE. WE DO NOT WANT TO EVER HAVE TO BAN ANYONE.

1. NO GAY OR RACIST REMARKS WILL BE TOLERATED AT ANY TIME. IMMEDIATE DELETION OF COMMENT & BANNING WILL OCCUR.

2. NO FIGHTING. WE BELIEVE YOU ARE ALL ADULTS & CAN ACT LIKE ONE. IF ANY FIGHTING OCCURS IN THE PUBLIC FORUMS, YOU WILL BE WARNED. IF WE HAVE TO WARN YOU THREE TIMES, YOU WILL GET A ONE WEEK BAN OFF THE SITE. HARRASSMENT OF ANOTHER MEMBER AT ANY TIME WILL RESULT IN THE SAME FATE.

3. IF YOU CAN'T GET ALONG WITH SOMEBODY, PLEASE DON'T TRY TO GET AN ADMIN TO PLAY FAVORITES AND BAN THE PERSON. WE WOULD PREFER THAT YOU ADD THE PERSON YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH TO YOUR FOE LIST. FOES ARE MEMBERS WHOSE MESSAGES WILL NOT BE VISIBLE TO YOU AND OF WHICH YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY MORE PRIVATE MESSAGES. NOTE THAT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE MODS OR ADMINS.

Source:
http://www.realitychatter.com/t9-rules#11


~~~~~ The following comment is by Justice4All, Admin and Co-Owner of Reality Chatter: ~~~~~


Re: ~~~~~~~~~~RULES~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Justice4all on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm
.
Bumping this thread. Please read the rules.

When you disagree with somebody, we ask that you agree to disagree. There is no need to badger, or to be rude or snarky to a person who doesn't agree with your opinion.

We may add to the rules at a future date, but I shouldn't have to spell out how to conduct yourself. I know I'm supposed to give warnings before banning somebody, but I've lost patience over the years, and I'm liable to ban somebody without warning if they choose to become a problem. Many of us have worked very hard on this site and have busy family lives, and we don't have time for unnecessary baiting, snarkyness, fighting, drama, etc.


Source:
http://www.realitychatter.com/t9-rules#120141



Last edited by Ann - Tx on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:52 am; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Ann - Tx

Posts : 14623
Join date : 2010-08-11
Location : Texas
Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by auman58 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:08 am

Can't we all just get along?
avatar
auman58

Posts : 572
Join date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by colsnipe on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:02 am



According GZ, his head was bashed into the sidewalk at least 24 times…Why did he not defend himself? He was counting the number of times his head was being bashed in. Why did he choose to count the number of times his head was bashed in over the preservation of his own life? Where are the defensive wounds? He has none. And yet, according to GZ, natural instinct did not kick in. This is the same natural instinct that “made” GZ pull his gun out and shoot TM.

As some of you on this board have noticed, I with another poster previously tried out some psychology to see how long before other posters caught on…the score is 2.5.

2.5 times of down/up before it was noticed. 2.5 times “our” collective head was bashed before someone spoke up. 2.5 times before a poster stopped to ask why. Was it 2.5 times before gz asked “Why are you attacking me?”

I think I can state with a degree of certainty that most, if not all, of us would not bother to count the number of times our head was bashed in; our natural instinct would kick in and cause us to fight and to save our life. The evidence shows us that GZ never raised his own hand to save his own life against an attacker that would beat his head to such a point that he would be in diapers for the his life.

Even now GZ is attempting to state that he is above the law, by requesting that certain witnesses testify in secret; thus, violating the Sunshine law. GZ and his cronies are demanding that the State end all media appearances. Hmm, I think that it is callous that GZ and DTeam are attempting to try this in a court of public opinion, yet it seems that we heard the exact same thing from the JA dipshits.

Now I know some of you on this board are going to go bat-crap-crazy regarding my comments. But let me state in no uncertain terms…..THIS IS MY OPINION AND WHOLLY MY OPINION. GET OVER THE FACT THAT IT DOES NOT AGREE WITH YOU AND YOUR PERCEIVED CONCEPTIONS REGARDING THIS CASE. LET ME CLEAR UP ONE EXACTING DETAIL: BOTH PARTIES HAD A LEGAL RIGHT TO BE WHERE THEY WERE AT THE TIME GZ SHOT TM; WE DO NOT, NOR WILL WE EVER, KNOW ALL OF THE DETAILS LEADING UP TO AND INCLUDING THE SHOOTING OF TM. SINCE WE ARE NOT PARTIES TO THE SHOOTING AND THE ENSUING CASE, ONLY SPECTATORS, IT IS ALL SPECULATION FROM OUR POINT OF VIEW AND THEREFORE IRRELEVANT TO THE OUTCOME OF THE CASE. In my opinion I believe GZ is guilty based on 1 fact, GZ knowingly approached TM with malice intent. TM, regardless of that fact that he was suspended and his phone calls, texts, and other meaningless details; was right to ask why are you following me. Do I believe TM taunted GZ, damn right I do. Hell when I was growing up, I taunted my brothers all the time, and they returned the gesture. My siblings taunted our parents by merely asking….Wait for it…..WHY?

Based on what llmpapa has posted on YouTube, it would be awfully hard for GZ to state that TM attacked him when, based on the timeline and location of TM’s body- GZ would, most likely have been on the phone with NEN.

Now that I have unloaded on you, I do apologize to the Site administrators and moderators for my comments; for the rest of you, do realize I stand behind my comments.

Thanks.

Colsnipe!
avatar
colsnipe

Posts : 419
Join date : 2012-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:17 am

auman58 wrote:Can't we all just get along?
Very good idea, I say :)

At some forums they simply ban you for not being Pro-Trayvon, for not being Pro-Zimmerman, for simply being neutral and simply wanting to watch the trial and see what happens, for not seeing the evidence THEIR way ... or they can tell you, for example, that you can be a forum participant AS LONG AS you don't enter GZ case thread etc, lol

This thread, I see, was locked previously, so best to keep civil and keep it open ;)

Never know, some people can just come register here now to try and create a bickering atmosphere and possibly lock the discussion thread again. Who knows, maybe it's in their best interests to keep it locked.

So stay above them (have more class than them, another words).

When the trial starts I might just watch it, and hardly participate in forums at all, maybe just in one or two. This way I can simply watch it "better", for myself, and see what evidence is presented and how it all concludes.

Trying to say, maybe - the less I forum-hop during this trial, the better I watch it maybe and absorb all the presented info. :)

Well, it starts today ... soon, jury selection, at the very least.

Time for some coffee, lol Rolling Eyes

Take care, ALL

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 am

George Zimmerman trial: What will both sides seek in jurors?

By Rene Stutzman, Orlando Sentinel

9:35 p.m. EDT, June 9, 2013

SANFORD — Picking a jury can be slow and tedious, but some lawyers say it is the most important part of a trial.

"It's critical," said Orlando defense attorney Diana Tennis.
So what will each side look for when choosing jurors?

Defense attorneys will likely favor people age 40 and older, predicted Orlando jury consultant Susan Constantine. They'll also want managers, authority figures, people who are analytic — engineers, for example — those who are unemotional and will focus on the facts.

Expect prosecutors to favor people ages 18 to 35, those with lower-paying jobs — for example, social workers, construction workers or people in service industries — and, in general, those who rely more on emotion in making decisions, Constantine said. Defense attorneys will favor whites, prosecutors blacks, she said.
Read more: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-starts-20130609,0,5236940,full.story

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 am

Watch Live: Day 1 of jury selection in Zimmerman trial



http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/


Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by allears on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:16 am

colsnipe wrote:According GZ, his head was bashed into the sidewalk at least 24 times…
In which interview, or where did GZ state that his head was bashed "twenty four" times?

colsnipe wrote:In my opinion I believe GZ is guilty based on 1 fact, GZ knowingly approached TM with malice intent.
How is it "fact" that GZ "knowingly approached TM with malice intent."?

allears

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:18 am

allears wrote:
colsnipe wrote:According GZ, his head was bashed into the sidewalk at least 24 times…
In which interview, or where did GZ state that his head was bashed "twenty four" times?

colsnipe wrote:In my opinion I believe GZ is guilty based on 1 fact, GZ knowingly approached TM with malice intent.
How is it "fact" that GZ "knowingly approached TM with malice intent."?

Thank you for asking these very GOOD questions.
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 am

I heard the judge delayed her ruling on the motion to suppress the use of "certain words".
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:42 am

Trouble getting it live.
Are they on recess?
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:48 am

The court is in recess
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am

Thanks, Alessandra. I will see if anything is happening in the Seacat case.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:52 am

Freckles wrote:Thanks, Alessandra. I will see if anything is happening in the Seacat case.

Great idea!

avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Weeziethm on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 am

Freckles wrote:Thanks, Alessandra. I will see if anything is happening in the Seacat case.

Good Morning....I believe that closing arguments start today at 1 p.m. CST. Hope that helps!!
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 am

potential jurors were given questionaire probably etc ... recess currently (or no video is provided)

p.s.
For Seacat case ... I have my HLN on, lol .. they should show it there i suppose :)

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:01 am

OT:

I posted a link and updated info on the Seacat thread.
Yes, closing arguments and jury instructions are today!
Wow. Compared to some other cases, this was a no-nonsense buckle-down presentation. Rather like that.
Clear it ALL up before the case is before the jury. Everyone knows the rules before it begins.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-jab-brett-seacat-trial-jury-instructionsclosing-arguments-20130610,0,5016138.story
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by justanopinion on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:19 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/10/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-trial-begins

This UK article has some very inciting language in it... calling GZ a vigilante... etc..
I would think that the newspapers would be better served to write articles about this case with less bias. lol the UK is quite able to get volatile about issues without being incited... just check out a football/soccer game there!!
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by justanopinion on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:21 am

In a further attempt to defuse any tensions, a team of a dozen local pastors from various faiths will rotate in four allocated courtroom seats and report their observations to the community.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/10/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-trial-begins

I think that this is a very interesting approach. I hope it works!
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 am

avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 am

Considering the fact the dteam and GZ family have blasted media coverage, they appear all too ready to speak with the media!


From Tweet:

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
Robert Zimmerman Jr., on whether #GeorgeZimmerman can get a fair trial : "We're obviously concerned about that." #TrayvonMartin

10:24 AM
TwitterJeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
RZJ noted that Judge Nelson denied #GeorgeZimmerman defense's request to sequester entire jury pool. #TrayvonMartin


RZ, jr.: States he is confident the state is unable to meet its burden of proof against GZ.


http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-live-video-and-chat-from-george-zimmerman-trial-20130610,0,5729315.htmlstory


avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:34 am

SZ is still facing perjury charges for the lies re the money the family had when it was reported they were "broke" and there was thousands of dollars in the bank; RZ jr won't comment on any questions re SZ at this time.

I have never heard of the court well being used for interviews with the media. Find this rather odd.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:36 am

10:24 AM
Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
#GeorgeZimmerman's brother says "as a family we're very confident in the outcome of the case."

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
RZJ says co-counsel Don West is "secret weapon" for the defense, & state can't meet its burden.

10:31 AM
Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
#GeorgeZimmerman's brother says jurors need to get to know GZ: "He's a sensitive person, he's generous... very likeable..."

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
RZJr: Public seating in courtroom has been managed well, surprised protesters haven't been "more vocal."

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
RZJ won't say if #GeorgeZimemrman will testify at trial. "The burden is on the state... The state doesn't have a case."

------

RZ Junior just said .. -- after jury is selected he WON"T be twitting any longer!

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:48 am

FoxNews.com Live 3h
#Zimmerman trial: Once selected the jury will consist of 6 jurors, and 4 alternates #Foxnews Complete coverage: foxnews.com/zimmerman

http://www.foxnews.com/live-coverage/zimmerman-trial
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Freckles wrote:OT:

I posted a link and updated info on the Seacat thread.
Yes, closing arguments and jury instructions are today!
Wow. Compared to some other cases, this was a no-nonsense buckle-down presentation. Rather like that.
Clear it ALL up before the case is before the jury. Everyone knows the rules before it begins.

http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-jab-brett-seacat-trial-jury-instructionsclosing-arguments-20130610,0,5016138.story

Thank you, Freckles!
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
Judge Nelson: Time for lunch, in recess until 1:30 p.m.

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Rene Stutzman @renestutzman
Judge breaks for lunch til 1:30. #Zimmerman, #Trayvon. If ur keeping a running total: 0 jurors picked.

BBM above :)

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Mari 68 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I have to be completely honest here and say "I have ZERO idea why this case IS so polarizing"

I really mean that.

I'm all for Stand Your Ground. Probably most people are.

I don't believe GZ intended on killing anyone.

I believe Trayvon was scared out of his mind.

And I even believe GZ eventually got scared out of his mind.

Unintended things happened.

And a boy was killed.

I think GZ is responsible for that - in a criminal sense. Just HOW much he's responsible I'm not sure yet. I'm sure my opinion will change over time.

Everybody has a right to defend themselves. Everybody! Both George and Trayvon were "defending" themselves.

But I think George created the situation. Whether or not that behavior is a crime, I don't know.

It did seem the M2 charge was the appropriate one - given the way the law read and the prosecution's theory. I just don't know yet if George's account of what happened follows along the Prosecution's theory.

Anyway, this is an awesome place and I hope everyone keeps it chill. Bite your tongue once in awhile. And just smile. Very Happy
avatar
Mari 68

Posts : 1151
Join date : 2012-06-01
Location : Southern California
Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by OptioMac on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Mari .. Not guilty of Murder 2 anyhow (in my opinion anyhow)...

this case is very sad, and very unfortunate all around

OptioMac

Posts : 95
Join date : 2013-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Jury selection begins as Trayvon Martin murder case goes to trial

By Barbara Liston
SANFORD, Florida | Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:29pm IST

(Reuters) - Jury selection began on Monday in the murder trial of George Zimmerman, who shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 in a case that fueled a national debate about race, guns and equal justice before the law.

Zimmerman, 29, is charged with second-degree murder and faces up to life in prison if convicted. He has pleaded not guilty, contending he acted in self-defense during a confrontation with Martin, 17, in a gated community in this central Florida town on February 26, 2012.

After a brief opening session in the courtroom, where Zimmerman was joined by his wife Shellie, Circuit Court Judge Debra Nelson called a recess so that she, the prosecutors and defense attorneys could meet briefly with a pool of about 100 potential jurors.

Read more:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/06/10/usa-florida-shooting-idINDEE9590DD20130610
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21157
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by jerseyjul1 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:30 pm

I guess I see this very different from most people. GZ is a racist of the worst. He acts like he is all good & kind, yet his actions speaks volumes!. In his racist closed mind, all blacks are thugs & carry guns. That is why as soon as he saw he saw Travon was a young black man, he wanted to be a "hero" & kill a thug. When Travon did not pull a gun as GZ was positive he would after he showed Travon he had one, he knew then he had to murder him anyway so Travon would not tell the truth about what happened. Poor Travon did nothing wrong that night except walk home & into the path racist, bent on being a "hero"
Yes I know many believe GZ did nothing wrong & Travon deserved to die because of his not so perfect past history.
The question I have for those of you believing that is this:
How did George know all about Travon's history as soon as he saw him that night, & what did that past history have to to with what happened that night??
Ok rant over. :)
avatar
jerseyjul1

Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-05-14
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:42 pm

jerseyjul1 wrote:I guess I see this very different from most people. GZ is a racist of the worst. He acts like he is all good & kind, yet his actions speaks volumes!. In his racist closed mind, all blacks are thugs & carry guns. That is why as soon as he saw he saw Travon was a young black man, he wanted to be a "hero" & kill a thug. When Travon did not pull a gun as GZ was positive he would after he showed Travon he had one, he knew then he had to murder him anyway so Travon would not tell the truth about what happened. Poor Travon did nothing wrong that night except walk home & into the path racist, bent on being a "hero"
Yes I know many believe GZ did nothing wrong & Travon deserved to die because of his not so perfect past history.
The question I have for those of you believing that is this:
How did George know all about Travon's history as soon as he saw him that night, & what did that past history have to to with what happened that night??
Ok rant over. :)

I do not believe that either Trayvon's or Zimmerman's past as anything to do with what happened that night. I have not seen or heard that Zimmerman knew anything about Trayvon's past that night at all. Where did that info come from? My understanding was that neither of them knew anything about each other.
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by allears on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

jerseyjul1 wrote:Yes I know many believe GZ did nothing wrong & Travon deserved to die because of his not so perfect past history.
Who has told you they believe this?

allears

Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:02 pm

allears wrote:
jerseyjul1 wrote:Yes I know many believe GZ did nothing wrong & Travon deserved to die because of his not so perfect past history.
Who has told you they believe this?



Last edited by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double post)
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:04 pm

allears wrote:
jerseyjul1 wrote:Yes I know many believe GZ did nothing wrong & Travon deserved to die because of his not so perfect past history.
Who has told you they believe this?

Allears, I have NEVER read or heard this. I would be quite surprised if someone really thought that.
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Pianist--

I have read on other blogs many racist comments against TM. Some posters have insinuated TM "deserved" to die because of his color; because he dared to be in that proximity, etc..

It is out there. It is racist IMO.

avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16456
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Freckles wrote:Pianist--

I have read on other blogs many racist comments against TM. Some posters have insinuated TM "deserved" to die because of his color; because he dared to be in that proximity, etc..

It is out there. It is racist IMO.


I do not blog anywhere else. Here at RC I am pleased to say I have not read it. I know it is impossible but I wish we could get away from the racist angles. Lady justice is blindfolded. I would like to believe our justice system is also. Just a hope I have.
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum