Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:23 am

olivier57 wrote:
Weeziethm wrote:Arias lawyers respond to Montgomery

Today Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott issued a joint statement in an exclusive to The Arizona Republic.

If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130604arias-lawyers-respond-to-montgomery.html

This means that the State’s psychologist said JA is mentally ill ????

LOL! IMO Martinez should call the delightful Dr. De Marte back to the stand for the sentencing phase---She should elaborate on Chica's psychosis, and how she behaves, but knows right from wrong, etc. This time, if the defense attempts to fight the BPD diagnosis, and what Dr. D says, they will be shooting themselves, (and their client) in the foot!! IF the defense then agrees with Juan, Juan should show the new jury trial testimony about how they flipped, and were saying just the opposite a few months ago, ha ha!
This doesn't look like a winning situation for the defense to me!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:25 am

Freckles wrote:
Pianist wrote:

IMO this is another example of the fantasy world in which she lived. She would go to his house, dress in his clothes and pretend she was posing for him.
Hmmm. IMO, JA was deep into her fantasy world. Maybe, she thot she was going to be the next and newest Lindsey Lohan or Jessica Simpson? The pics were certainly photo-shopped. She liked to do that, according to her pre-arrest interview with Flores.
IMO, she set the timer on the camera and she took the pics. As usual. Where were they taken? That is an expensive appearing leather/Naugahyde couch... I doubt if prior bfs could have afforded the couch... have to conclude it is Travis' couch. As for the shirts: Anyone recognize any pics of Travis wearing these shirts? They are nicely pressed with no sleeve creases wrongly placed so I am presuming these were done by a laundry or dry cleaners...

My guess is JA took the pics at Travis' home while wearing Travis' shirts.
From the pic layout, it appears she is trying to look sexy.

I wonder when the pics were taken?

I don't think so...In ONE of the pictures, you see the top of someone's head with brown hair showing in the mirror, and they appear to be the picture taker. Seems like a man's head, but sure as heck doesn't look like Travis and his short hair!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 am

Weeziethm wrote:Arias lawyers respond to Montgomery

Today Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott issued a joint statement in an exclusive to The Arizona Republic.

“If the diagnosis made by the State’s psychologist is correct, the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office is seeking to impose the death penalty upon a mentally ill woman who has no prior criminal history,” they wrote. “Despite Mr. Montgomery’s recent statements to the media, it is not incumbent upon Ms. Arias’ defense counsel to resolve this case. Instead, the choice to end this case sits squarely with Mr. Montgomery and his office.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130604arias-lawyers-respond-to-montgomery.html

I find it interesting that at the end of this article... In Arizona, a prisoner is not subject to execution if found to be mentally incompetent or pregnant. A prisoner is not competent to be executed unless the prisoner understands that (1) he/she is being punished for murder, and (2) the punishment is death.
If the court finds that the prisoner is incompetent, he/she remains in the custody of the Department of Corrections until the Arizona Supreme Court reviews the trial court’s finding. If the supreme court upholds the finding of the trial court, the prisoner is transferred to a licensed behavioral health or mental health facility operated by the Department of Corrections for competency restoration treatment. While the prisoner is being treated, the sentence is suspended.
The Department of Health Services is responsible for the restoration of competency treatment of the prisoner. During treatment, the chief medical officer of the State Hospital is required to file status reports with the superior court at sixty-day intervals until competency is restored. When the Department of Health Services believed the prisoner has been restored to competency, the prisoner is entitled to a hearing in the trial court to address the competency issue. Once there is a finding that the prisoner has been restored to competency, the Arizona Supreme Court orders the issuance of a death warrant.

https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/sites/all/docs/Criminal/ccc/Final-CapPun.pdf

In conclusion, JA having PTSD, BPD or any other mental health issue does not entitle her to not receive the DP if the next jury so deems... because she does know the difference between right and wrong. She did know that her actions would result in his death... etc.. and if indeed she didn't know the difference all she is entitled to is rehabilitation and treatment to understand and then she gets the DP... Why are Will-not comprehend and Nurmi whining about this??

MOO
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 am

Freckles wrote:It is a bit late to change the plea from not guilty to guilty by reason of insanity. What the heck. I guess, when JA does not like the outcome of the trial, JA believes she can cry, "Foul!" and ask for a redo? No Not how it works. Dteam had FIVE years to prepare for the trial. They had ALL the professionals to determine JA's mental stability PRIOR to the trial. Only after the verdict is served do they scramble and say, "...but... but... we LIKE what the prosecution has ! Can we change up now?" awe

BTW, an insanity plea or mental illness has little to do with JA's plea. JA HAD the ability to understand the difference between right and wrong at the time of the crime and at the time of the arrest and at the time of this trial. That is ALL that matters!

(Holmes may have some mental problems.
He does, however, understand the difference between right and wrong. As such, he may use the mental problems to perhaps lessen the punishment BUT it will NOT absolve him of HIS actions. Holmes, of course, has many more charges against him and the atrocity is huge compared to that of JA. )

...LOL, and Einstein also had the wits to facilitate some pretty complicated lies, manipulations, and machinations on her own behalf to cover up, conceal, and otherwise obfuscate what really went down! Pretty hard now to cry diminished capacity or something like it!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:32 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Freckles wrote:
Hmmm. IMO, JA was deep into her fantasy world. Maybe, she thot she was going to be the next and newest Lindsey Lohan or Jessica Simpson? The pics were certainly photo-shopped. She liked to do that, according to her pre-arrest interview with Flores.
IMO, she set the timer on the camera and she took the pics. As usual. Where were they taken? That is an expensive appearing leather/Naugahyde couch... I doubt if prior bfs could have afforded the couch... have to conclude it is Travis' couch. As for the shirts: Anyone recognize any pics of Travis wearing these shirts? They are nicely pressed with no sleeve creases wrongly placed so I am presuming these were done by a laundry or dry cleaners...

My guess is JA took the pics at Travis' home while wearing Travis' shirts.
From the pic layout, it appears she is trying to look sexy.

I wonder when the pics were taken?

I don't think so...In ONE of the pictures, you see the top of someone's head with brown hair showing in the mirror, and they appear to be the picture taker. Seems like a man's head, but sure as heck doesn't look like Travis and his short hair!

good eye... hadn't noticed that before!!
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:37 am

I found this in the comment section of Nancy Grace page at HLN, from someone on Facebook. Revisiting Travis' closet issue---kinda interesting...

"In reference to the Jodi Arias Case. You are very busy so I will keep this short.
I have the same closet system as Travis Alexander and you may already know this information. I have not heard it’s construction issues be mentioned though. Therefore, I am compelled to write you from my personal experience.
Travis had what we call a peg system closet. Meaning the little metal pegs stick in the holes along the side in order to move the shelves up and down. The shelves themselves only suspend on the top of these small metal pegs and the shelf is not “held” into place by anything except gravity. If one was to step on the front edge the back would flip up dumping the contents of the shelf/s onto the floor.
In addition, the shelves are made of particle board not solid wood. They are only made to look like wood with a thin layer of wood laminate over particle board. I weigh 133lbs. I stepped on a lower shelf of my closet system that’s exactly like Travis’s. I was attempting to hoist myself to the top shelf for sheets. Not only did the back of the shelf flip up but it also broke down the middle and dumped the contents of the shelf and myself onto the floor. It is not possible for her to put her weight on those shelves without the back flipping up and/or breaking the shelf in two pieces where my toes were placed."

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Why is the reporter who interviewed the witch now saying she thinks the POS is 'severely mentally ill'? and her eyes looked black and quoted NG as being 'crazy eyes.' She thought that the witch was heavily medicated, had appeared that way all through the trial and speculated she could be on anti-depressants/anti-psychotic meds: Is she looking for her 15 minutes? Hadn't a lot of people commented on this at various stages? hadn't all Travis's friends commented on her eyes when they first met her? Now wormy nurmi and willnott shut up are going to the public and asking if the taxpayers should be saddled with a second trial of the penalty phase. I don't get it!! Does anyone know why the defence didn't go with an insanity plea from the start? The reporter says the witch said she didn't know the answer to that question when she asked it.
Is there any way the M1 conviction can be overturned if the defence goes to the Supreme Court with this 'insanity' claim?? And why is this witch still being allowed to tweet? is it because she hasn't yet been sentenced?
hello clarice

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Jodi Arias juror questions the judge didn't ask

KPNX obtains the previously unreleased jury questions and courtroom transcript of the Jodi Arias murder trial.

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/2439227298001
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:04 am

Bill Montgomery Would Rather Talk About Jodi Arias Than Judge Snow's Order, and Here's Why

By Stephen Lemons Thursday, Jun 6 2013

The first cracks in the Berlin Wall have begun, but Comrade Montgomery's unwilling to concede the inevitable.

When it comes to those gaps in the concrete, he'd rather not discuss them at all. Surely that will make them go away.

Forgive the Cold War metaphor, but like an apparatchik under an ailing premier in the old USSR, Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery plods along, blinders firmly on, fearful of the change nipping at his loafers.

Read more:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2013-06-06/news/bill-montgomery-would-rather-talk-about-jodi-arias-than-judge-snow-s-order-and-here-s-why/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:05 am

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/

Y'all already know of the great eggtree blog, but just a reminder if anyone out there hasn't read the latest entries, including, 'What Does a Demon Gotta Do to Get Executed These Days'- good one. Still can't get over how some jurors let their emotions rule instead of basic logic/math. Anyhoo. Eggtree always soothes.
keikikiki

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:21 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

KPNX obtains the previously unreleased jury questions and courtroom transcript of the Jodi Arias murder trial.

LOL! This was great!

...Also, this article was the BEST thing written about Jodi. I wish the jurors could have read this, and I hope they see it now~

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights/domestic-violence-industry/wtf-fatigue-jodi-arias/

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:31 am

The following is fantastic. It was written by Dr. Tara J. Palmatier

"WTF Fatigue: Jodi Arias

It was inevitable. The constant news coverage of America’s sweetheart psychopath Jodi Arias, her lack of remorse, her claims of being a “survivor” while ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, lies 6-feet under and her list of “mitigating factors” for why she should not receive the death penalty for the brutal and pre-meditated murder of Alexander has induced a heretofore-unknown mental health condition in me.
WTF Fatigue

I have WTF Fatigue and am certain I’m not the only one.

In case you’ve been on a media blackout, Jodi Arias stabbed her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander, 27 times, shot him in the head and slit his throat almost to the point of decapitation with malice and forethought after having sex with him in May 2008. Guess she wanted to hit it before she quit it. Whatta reptile.

I will not detail the history of her relationship with Alexander, the grisly murder, her numerous lies, her “amnesia” about the details of the murder (while being able to remember the minutia of her sex acts with Alexander), her preposterous claims of being a domestic violence victim (while there is ample evidence she stalked and terrorized Alexander) and her equally preposterous claims that she felt degraded and abused by sex with Alexander when her sexts, voicemails, etc., to Alexander give new meaning to “enthusiastic consent.”

Rant tangent: If women don’t want to be “used for sex” then they shouldn’t use sex to try to get men (or women) to be in a relationship with them. These are usually the same women who serve the freaky deaky sex up on a platter straight from the get-go. That’s like being a drug dealer who complains the only time someone calls is when they want dope. If that’s what you’re peddling, don’t blame the customers.

And please spare me the happy horseshit about having low self-esteem and men “taking advantage.” There are women who do the same thing to men for money and status. If you don’t want to be “used for sex” then don’t use sex. If you decide to roll the dice and have sex without love and commitment, then be grown-up enough to live with the consequences of your choices should you not get the pay-off you want.

If you believe you have nothing more to offer than sex then stop watching reality shows, stop the mall-hopping, the bar-hopping and the endless navel-gazing, get some therapy, take some adult enrichment classes and become a more interesting person that has more to offer than 3-minutes in “heaven” and a lifetime of endless bitching. The same goes for men who believe women are only interested in you for money. If you don’t want to be used for your money or for sex, then don’t go fishing with it. Are there predatory women and men in the world who will take advantage of you? Yes, so don’t paint a bulls eye on your back. Arias is no victim. Sex was a tool to manipulate and control.

There’s also a red flag here, folks. Women who feel “used for sex” — especially when they’re quick to jump into bed — are telling you that they’re TRANSACTIONAL. They only give with an expectation of getting and sex is currency to them. If you have sex with this kind of woman, she believes you “owe” her. Arias didn’t get what she wanted in return for sex from Alexander and he paid for it with his life. End rant tangent.

Jodi-AriasPsychopath TV – All Jodi! All the time!

When I first read about the Arias case, I thought to myself, “Oh, another sociopathic borderline. Wonder if she’ll claim to be the real victim and manage to get off?” Miraculously, the Arizona jury didn’t pull a Casey Anthony and found Arias guilty of first-degree murder – even though she’s a woman and card carrying member of the Sisterhood of Professional Victimhood. Shocking, I know.

Even Arias was surprised by the guilty verdict and said she felt “betrayed” by the jury. WTF #1. (There were multiple previous WTFs. This WTF is when I officially began counting).

Specifically, Arias said, “It felt like a huge sense of unreality. I felt betrayed, actually, by the jury. I was hoping they would see things for what they are.”

Unreality? You mean like when Alexander’s family and friends learned their loved one was butchered and left for dead in a pool of blood? In true BPD-sociopath fashion, Arias shows no compassion for her victims and their feelings and reserves compassion exclusively for herself. Furthermore, last time I checked, murder is a crime. Seems to me, the jury would have betrayed U.S. law by acquitting her. This was not a crime of passion nor was it self-defense. It was pre-meditated murder.

“See things for what they are” = “Believe my persuasive blaming and victim-speak and let me get away with murder.” Arias seems to have expected the jury to believe her contradictory, hole-ridden testimony as opposed to the evidence.

She banked on jurors believing her emotionally charged bullshit instead of the facts. But why shouldn’t she?

Lots of women get away with murder (sometimes literally) in Family Court and Criminal Court every single day. Just look at male vs. female conviction rates for similar crimes and who the winners are in the majority of Divorce-Custody Lotto cases. In that respect, I suspect Arias does feel like she’s getting a raw deal for being convicted of a crime she admitted committing because she’s a woman and should, therefore, be exempt from the consequences of her aberrant behaviors.

Arias told Fox affiliate KSAZ, “I would prefer to die sooner than later. Longevity runs in my family, and I don’t want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place. I believe death is the ultimate freedom and I’d rather have my freedom as soon as I can get it.” Textbook Borderline all-or-nothing maneuver. “If you don’t give me what I want, then get out! Wait, no, I didn’t mean it! Please don’t go!”

Sure enough, on May 21, 2013, two weeks after her conviction, Arias back-peddled like Lance Armstrong on steroids and pled for her life at the sentencing hearing. Her attorneys must’ve clued her into the possibility of appellate court and being released after 10 years give or take for “good behavior.”

Arias wasn’t under oath while she made these statements — not that being under oath stopped her from lying during the trial. She has yet to apologize to Alexander’s family. She said SHE feels bad for hurting them. SHE feels “destroyed” knowing her actions might have contributed to Travis’ grandmother’s recent death. She said she did not mean to hurt them. No, she meant to hurt Travis. Intention does not negate consequence. Her feelings for herself are irrelevant, but that is her only point of reference — like most sociopaths, psychopaths, malignant narcissists and borderlines.

Arias said she avoided looking at Travis’ family during the trial for “a variety reasons [she] won’t go in to.” Many of my clients’ former spouses cannot or will not make eye contact with them after making false allegations and destroying them with the help of Family Court. I think this is because on some level they know what they’re doing is wrong and can’t bear to see their twisted selves reflected back to them. Again, this is about Arias not wanting to feel bad and has nothing to do with empathy for the Alexanders.

Arias claimed she has contemplated suicide since being imprisoned and wrote numerous goodbye letters to her family. She said she didn’t go through with it because she wanted to spare her family the same pain the Alexander family is experiencing. What a sensitive, caring person she is — much like some mothers who, when faced with losing a custody dispute because of their crazy and abusive behavior, murder their kids and bungle their own half-assed suicides.

Arias then confirmed my earlier hypothesis about her attorneys cluing her in to the possibility that a life sentence doesn’t necessarily mean life — especially if you’re an attractive, young woman.

“If you elect me your junior high student body president, I promise to . . .”

This is when the WTFs started coming fast and furious complete with an overhead projector (WTF). Arias argued that she should not be put to death because of “all the good” she could do if she’s allowed to live like:

1. Let her hair grow and donate it to a wig charity for cancer patients. Why, she’s already done this three times since her incarceration in 2008! She’s a real philanthropist as far as psychopathic, borderline personality disordered killers go. WTF. Frankly, I’d rather go bald than have her hair on my pate.

2. Teach her fellow inmates Spanish. Arias claims that since she’s been in jail, she’s received scads and scads of emails and letters from women asking her to teach them Spanish (guess they never heard of Berlitz and, by the way, WTF). Due to the trial keeping her soooooo busy, she just hasn’t had the time for bilingual pursuits. If she’s allowed to live, she promises to teach her fellow inmates in the “general population” Spanish. ¡Ay, caramba!

3. Start a prison recycling program. And this wouldn’t just help the women’s prison. “It is one small thing that could have a far-reaching positive impact on the community and the planet.” Ah, the grandiosity. Jodi saves the world one aluminum can at a time! WTF.

4. Teach fellow inmates to read. “I know reading has enriched my life by expanding my knowledge base and opening my eyes to new worlds and different cultures. I, too, can help other women, so they can add that dimension to their lives.” Guess she must have missed the books on her summer reading list about how murder is wrong. And really? Arias as an educator and mentor? Am I the only one who sees something incredibly perverse about this? WTF.

Jodi-Arias-Survivor5. Start a book club “to stimulate discussions of a higher nature.” Look out, Oprah! Your book club is about to get an ass pounding! Here comes Jodi! I recommend Arias start with Crime and Punishment and follow it up with The C*nt of Monte Cristo.

6. Sell “Survivor” t-shirts to help “other victims of domestic violence.” This is the one that pisses me off the most. I try not to drop too many F-bombs in print, and if I were going to do it, this would certainly be the time for it. Arias is not a survivor. Arias is a murderer. She is a perpetrator. Abso-freaking-lutely shameless right to the bitter end. I cannot believe her lawyers allowed her to do this. Big shameless balls on this one. Any domestic violence shelter that accepts money from this psycho-killer should automatically forfeit any and all state and federal funding.

7. Do a lot more good stuff (*if the prison lets her). Although, Arias doesn’t know what the other good stuff is at the moment, she promises she’ll find many more ways to help fellow inmates, and you know, humanity. Speaking of humanity, oh, the humanity.

“A few things about Me, Me and ME.”

After making her junior high case about all the good things she will do once she is elected class president in prison, Arias began a slideshow complete with baby pictures, toddler pictures of herself playing in the sprinkler, toddler pictures of herself playing dress-up, pictures of her childhood trips to Sea World and Hawaii and high school pictures of herself smiling for the camera. Her argument seemed to be, “Please don’t put me to death for my crimes because I was a cute baby.” Guess what, Ted Bundy was every bit as cute as Jodi.

Childhood cuteness being used as a legitimate legal argument for not receiving the death penalty for a heinous, pre-meditated murder? WTF.

Arias then claimed her bestie from high school was harassed and threatened, which is why she wasn’t there speaking on her behalf — lest we forget who the real victim is in all this. Then, she made some vague references about her relationship with her father improving after she moved out, not having enough money to pay for heat in her first apartment she shared with her first boyfriend and it getting so cold they could see their breath, quoted Charles Dickens, talked about how her first boyfriend will always be “special to [her]” and more pictures of other ex-boyfriends. Then Arias talked about her different hairstyles over the years – all with corresponding photos. “Here I am in my redhead stage. Here I am in my blond stage. Here I am skiing. Here I am in Palm Springs. Here I am on a terrace — it’s on the ocean, but you can’t see it very well on this screen. Look at me, look at me! Look at meeeeeeeeeeeee!”

Is this a court of law or her Facebook page? Her Internet dating profile? WTF does any of this have to do with anything?

Then Arias showed some more ex-boyfriend pictures, talked about going on dates to live reggae and blues performances in Monterey and how the band dedicated songs to her and her then boyfriend, how she went on summer camping trips, hung out with colleagues after work, rode the aerial tram in Palm Springs and went to Chuck E. Cheese. What, no moonlit walks on the beach? Again, WTF?

Arias sniffled and seemed to choke up about how she will not be able to take photos at her sister’s wedding next year and won’t be able to hold her nieces and nephews. Every now and again she would make a cursory reference that Travis won’t be able to do these things with his family either and then quickly resumed talking about herself. It seemed like one of her attorneys had her edit those things in after reading her first draft in an effort to feign some semblance of empathy.

Then she threw a pity party about how she will never be a mother — unless some freak out there marries her, has conjugal visits and knocks her up. You know there’s more than one freak that would marry and have kids with this psycho, which she would undoubtedly try to parlay into a reduced sentence. Arias’ plea was essentially about how murdering Travis has caused her to suffer. From start to finish, she made it all about her.

“As some of you may know, I’m an Artist.”

Just ask Travis Alexander about her handiwork and Dexter-like photog skills. She’s a regular blood spatter Jackson Pollack. Yes, this narcissistic monster included a slideshow of her crappy paintings and etchings in her plea and bemoaned the fact that she won’t be able to do oil paintings in the pokey. Among her oeuvre are portraits of Frank Sinatra, Elizabeth Taylor and Elvis. WTF. Then Arias sniffled about how she will no longer be in family Christmas portraits. Narcissistic much? Heaven forbid she miss a photo-op.

“I was hoping to avoid trial, not the outcome (although, that would have been nice) and go quietly into the night. Are you getting my good side? Be sure to get my good side! Wanna see me do a handstand?”

Go quietly into the night? Avoid exposure? This woman is on every news channel, YouTube and all over print media — if there’s a camera and a mic, she’s there. This piece of work has yet to shut up. At one point, she was running a Twatter feed from jail ferchrissakes — she may still be, don’t know.

The defense’s fatal mistake was putting her on the stand and in front of media cameras. Had she kept her mouth shut and looked pitiful from the defense table, her cockamamie defense might have worked. Instead, they allowed Arias to bask in the limelight and the media has given her a platform. I’m waiting for ABC to announce Arias as the next Bachelorette. There’s already a Lifetime movie scheduled to air next month. Let’s hope “lifetime” is also the length of Arias’ sentence – without parole.

“It was never my goal to malign Travis’ character. It was my goal to preserve his reputation.”

Bullshit and WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF. She recounted their sexual relationship in graphic detail and in unadulterated predatory braggadocio. She tried to put him on trial for liking what some people consider to be kinky sex.

“I wouldn’t even harm a fly (or a spider.)”

This is one of the last lines from the Hitchcock thriller, Psycho. You would think someone on the defense team would have mentioned this to her. Too bad she didn’t show Travis the same compassion she shows spiders.

“Please spare my life. Not for me, of course, but for my family.”

This part left me especially incredulous. “In many ways, my family has suffered a loss, too . . . their hopes of welcoming me home someday were forever dashed [when I was convicted].” Unless Arias’ family lives in the same self-centered, unreality bubble she does, how could they even think that was possible? Again, this was all about Arias and her suffering with cursory mentions of the Alexanders’ suffering.

Much like Steven Alexander who, in his victim impact statement said he doesn’t want to see Arias anymore, neither do I. If the next jury gives her life instead of the death penalty, let’s hope part of the sentence is NO MORE MEDIA INTERVIEWS. NO INTERNET ACCESS. No intermediaries giving interviews on her behalf and no intermediaries blogging, tweeting and selling Arias’ outrageous tee-shirts and crappy “art.” If the jury really wants to punish Arias, they will put her away for life and prohibit her from any media attention with no chance for parole. No Geraldo interviews. No interviews of any kind. Nothing.

Here is a synopsis of the “mitigating factors” to not give Arias the death penalty:

Jodi-Arias-mitigating-factors

I just don’t see how any of this is relevant. If Travis had murdered Jodi, would these points be considered compelling arguments? Of course they wouldn’t. If her defense team had any integrity, they would not have let her share her personal scrapbook and natter on about herself for 30 minutes.

Arias should have said, “I am both deeply ashamed and sorry for what I have done. Even saying this, I know there is nothing I can do to make amends for the pain and harm I have caused Travis, his family and my family. Even though I don’t deserve it, I beg this court for mercy. If you give me life instead of death, I promise I will be a model prisoner, stay out of the public eye and do nothing to cause Travis’ loved ones further pain. I am profoundly sorry and will regret what I have done until the day I die.”

Jodi Arias isn’t sorry for killing Travis Alexander. She is sorry she got caught and is suffering the consequences. Again, she feels bad about the consequences of her behavior, not her behavior. She believes she was justified in killing him, that he deserved it. If she were truly sorry for murdering Travis and for the pain she’s caused his family, she would not have tried to justify her actions and blamed the victim for her having killed him. She would not have dragged his name through the mud and put his sexual proclivities on trial. She’s not sorry for committing murder. She is pissed she didn’t get away with it and feels betrayed by the jury that they didn’t let her get away with it.

If I were a juror, I don’t know if I’d be able to sentence someone to death, even someone as richly deserving as Jodi Arias. I wouldn’t want anyone’s blood on my hands and cannot imagine being charged with that task. However, if anyone were deserving of the death penalty, Arias is it."

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by auman58 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:45 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:The following is fantastic. It was written by Dr. Tara J. Palmatier

Jodi Arias isn’t sorry for killing Travis Alexander. She is sorry she got caught and is suffering the consequences. Again, she feels bad about the consequences of her behavior, not her behavior. She believes she was justified in killing him, that he deserved it. If she were truly sorry for murdering Travis and for the pain she’s caused his family, she would not have tried to justify her actions and blamed the victim for her having killed him. She would not have dragged his name through the mud and put his sexual proclivities on trial. She’s not sorry for committing murder. She is pissed she didn’t get away with it and feels betrayed by the jury that they didn’t let her get away with it.

Yep, in her twisted, sick, "alternative universe" she was justified in her actions.
auman58

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:22 pm

I looked it up.
Here are the last spoken lines in the movie, "Psycho."

" MOTHER'S VOICE (V.O.)
They're probably watching me. Well,
let them. Let them see what kind of
a person I am.
(A pause, as the fly
lights on Norman's
hand)
I'm not going to swat that fly. I
hope they are watching. They'll see...
they'll see... and they'll know...
and they'll say... 'why, she wouldn't
even harm a fly...'
"

http://sfy.ru/?script=psycho

Ok. Now the analogies to the movie, "Psycho," are really starting to hit home! Wow. (I have only seen the movie once a very long time ago. It freaked me out so I never paid too much attention to seeing it again.)

That line and her butchering Travis, stuffing his body into the shower, her constant freak of stalking him, sleeping under his Christmas tree, baking cookies in his house when he wasn't there... Reports of her hiding in his closet to, "Surprise!" him... peering thru his windows... stealing and misusing his passwords for his computer, his cell phone, his garage, his ATM... She is a REAL nightmare from hell!

Flip the switch on this *itch. Her time in the sun, her stupid "fun and games" is OVER. I don't care if it is life in prison or Dippity-do Death Penalty (which may make her mane unusable.) IF she ONLY gets LWOP, she will end up making hell for all the others in prison and... someone will die for it. Will JA flip her lid again or will another prisoner do what a jury could not do... and save us ALL from the hell of JA?

What a sicko family. They should be disgusted with themselves for their lies, their cover-ups, their deceit. JA learned AT their knees, folks. She was in their home for at least 15 years!!!

On a different note:
I read Matt Mc was the person who had called JA's mother to report JA flipping out in March, 2008. Sposedly, THAT is the reason her mother flew to Mesa, to calm JA down and take her home. (For all her efforts, she got the proverbial kick in the public restaurant.) Now I understand WHY the mother AND the father BOTH asked JA if she was involved in the death of Travis. They had seen JA and knew what she was most capable of!!! Further, Mama Arias had attempted to pull JA BACK out of Mesa in March !!!!
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:32 pm

OMG. Does anyone know where the movie, "Psycho" is set?

"... Psycho (1960) movie script
by Joseph Stefano. Based on the novel by Robert Bloch.
Revised December 1, 1959.
More info about this movie on IMDb.com

FADE IN:

EXT. PHOENIX, ARIZONA - (DAY) - HELICOPTER SHOT
... "

http://sfy.ru/?script=psycho
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:

I particularly like the pic here as she actually looks like the hideous monster she is in it!! moo
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi folks....off topic from Arias but murder trial related!
I have been catching some of the Seacatt trial in Kansas. It is pretty interesting to see the differences in courtroom protocol; ie, almost zero sidebars(!), few objections from either side, judge rules immediately if there are objections, lunches only 1 hour and 15 minutes, and rather than just saying "remember the admonition", the judge actually takes the time to go point by point - do not discuss this case, do not let anyone approach you, etc etc.

Of course, the defendant is about as likeable as our dear JA...he is facing 1st degree murder for shooting his wife (he calls it suicide), then burning the house down to cover the evidence. He is only allowing audio during his testimony which just ended; now we get the state's cross of him.

And the best part....GAS CANS. Why the h#ll do we always have to have gas cans....lol

Have a great weekend. Very Happy
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Hi folks....off topic from Arias but murder trial related!
I have been catching some of the Seacatt trial in Kansas. It is pretty interesting to see the differences in courtroom protocol; ie, almost zero sidebars(!), few objections from either side, judge rules immediately if there are objections, lunches only 1 hour and 15 minutes, and rather than just saying "remember the admonition", the judge actually takes the time to go point by point - do not discuss this case, do not let anyone approach you, etc etc.

Of course, the defendant is about as likeable as our dear JA...he is facing 1st degree murder for shooting his wife (he calls it suicide), then burning the house down to cover the evidence. He is only allowing audio during his testimony which just ended; now we get the state's cross of him.

And the best part....GAS CANS. Why the h#ll do we always have to have gas cans....lol

Have a great weekend. Very Happy

I wanted to follow this trial, too. But found out so late in the game. Is it on YouTube do you know?

Yeah, some of the "mistakes" these murderers make are so head-scrambling. And then to find out the killer was actually above average intelligence, AND that he is a CSI tech working for the police. The ONLY explanation is their psychopathy - their arrogance - that yields such ridiculous mistakes.

Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Seacat is now on the stand.
Audio only.
Prosecutor is cross examining him.

http://articles.kwch.com/2013-06-03/seacat_39721071

Prosecutor is done;
Defense declines redirect.

I don't know if there are more witnesses or not.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I got my globe from 18thCenturyLady!

Sooooo stinkin' cute!
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Mari 68 wrote:

Sooooo stinkin' cute!

Woo Hoo bounce
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:32 am

Transcript of Jodi Arias sex-tape hearing unsealed

Michael Kiefer, The Arizona Republic 5:59 p.m. EDT June 7, 2013

PHOENIX -- One of the more scandalous moments of the Jodi Arias murder trial took place in mid-February when defense attorney Jennifer Willmott played a recording of phone sex between Arias and the lover she killed, Travis Alexander.

On Friday, The Arizona Republic obtained a transcript of the Jan. 31 in-chambers hearing that put the steamy recording into evidence.

Read more:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/07/transcript-of-jodi-arias-sex-tape-hearing-unsealed/2402173/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:29 am

Mari 68 wrote:

Sooooo stinkin' cute!

LOVE, Mari! Looks great! Thanks again so much!
It's so nice and green here in my yard. Thought you might like to see this~Hubby and I built the arbor and the stone topped table without spending money!

Last edited by 18thcenturylady on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:17 am

I love that globe! Can those be ordered? If so, would you have a link? Thanks.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:48 am

Freckles wrote:I love that globe! Can those be ordered? If so, would you have a link? Thanks.

Hi Freckles! So sorry---I sell antiques and that globe is one of a kind, and about 150 years old. I have other great stuff though, on my site,
www.thecountryladyantiques.com

(In real life, the globe is much brighter colored with traces of the original green paint on the iron base. I had it for myself for years before selling it, and just loved it too!)

I miss all my peeps and whining and venting about the Hodi! Lol!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks, 18th! I liked the base to the globe and the paper of the globe itself. Be a wonderful and fun teaching project for a class. I will check out your site as I enjoy antiques. (Admittedly, I do more looking than buying but window shopping is fun.)
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi peeps, just stopping by very quickly. I am finally getting my never-ending quilt finished. Amazing what can be accomplished when not glued to the computer or the TV. I will be back again when we have firm dates from the demon seed. I listened to part of the Zimmerman thing today. This is going to be agonizing. They will only have to choose 6 jurors, but got thru preliminary questioning of 4 today. They have hundreds to go thru. I am not sure if they have to go through them all, but it is s l o w for sure. GZ has gained 105 lb. since being arrested. Holy Moly, that's eve worse than me during the JA trial.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 pm

tesstruhart wrote:Hi peeps, just stopping by very quickly. I am finally getting my never-ending quilt finished. Amazing what can be accomplished when not glued to the computer or the TV. I will be back again when we have firm dates from the demon seed. I listened to part of the Zimmerman thing today. This is going to be agonizing. They will only have to choose 6 jurors, but got thru preliminary questioning of 4 today. They have hundreds to go thru. I am not sure if they have to go through them all, but it is s l o w for sure. GZ has gained 105 lb. since being arrested. Holy Moly, that's eve worse than me during the JA trial.

Hey there! Really good to hear from you. Miss you lots.
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi folks....I know she is only right about 50% of the time, but NG reported tonight that Juan has filed his list of witnesses for the July 18 penalty phase. If true, cannot wait to see that document! I will try and look for it tomorrow, but wanted to share in case you other great researchers happen to know where to look, etc.

NG is really popping her cork tonight over a non asked jury question about JA's decision to have a boob job while living with Daryl and going through extreme financial woes. NG blamed male jurors for thinking with their little brain. Only the lovely Beth K brought it back when she said, Nancy - I actually think that was a very good question because they wanted to see how she would justify something like that when facing money problems, etc etc Funny that BK disagreed with NG.

Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Hi folks....I know she is only right about 50% of the time, but NG reported tonight that Juan has filed his list of witnesses for the July 18 penalty phase. If true, cannot wait to see that document! I will try and look for it tomorrow, but wanted to share in case you other great researchers happen to know where to look, etc.

NG is really popping her cork tonight over a non asked jury question about JA's decision to have a boob job while living with Daryl and going through extreme financial woes. NG blamed male jurors for thinking with their little brain. Only the lovely Beth K brought it back when she said, Nancy - I actually think that was a very good question because they wanted to see how she would justify something like that when facing money problems, etc etc Funny that BK disagreed with NG.

I read on one of the news channels that he will be calling only witnesses he called before. What means is up for grabs. Lol

Yes, NG focused on sex. Now Dr. Drew is doing it too. I read in another article today that HLN is dropping in ratings and has to bring back their ads by using Arias again. IMO $$$ is driving the channel. But if course they are in business to make money.
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:21 am

I wonder if Jodi's trial will really continue in July. I hope it doesn't keep getting postponed over and over...
I love Juan, but I really think he needs to take juror comments into consideration. I hope he gives a more impassioned, personal closing argument in the new penalty phase, stressing JODI'S ABUSE OF TRAVIS and especially reiterating the horrendous suffering Travis endured. Doing that 2 minute pause thing again would also be a good idea.
I think it would be beneficial for him to focus more this time also on Jodi's history of manipulation and lies, and dispel IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS any idea of her being an innocent corrupted by Travis, or some 'frail little woman' who was also a victim!

I really hope this new jury is more savvy than the other one---I know a majority voted for death, but boy, that foreman was a real jerk in my opinion. I bet those who voted against the DP felt similarly---notice that none of those jurors are saying a word to the press!!!

I know it means nothing now, but I wonder how many of them have now heard a lot more about Jodi's manipulation and her interviews and are possibly kicking themselves a bit...

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by renatae on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:29 am

18thcenturylady wrote:The following is fantastic. It was written by Dr. Tara J. Palmatier

"WTF Fatigue: Jodi Arias

[snipped]
“It was never my goal to malign Travis’ character. It was my goal to preserve his reputation.”

Bullshit and WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF. She recounted their sexual relationship in graphic detail and in unadulterated predatory braggadocio. She tried to put him on trial for liking what some people consider to be kinky sex.

“I wouldn’t even harm a fly (or a spider.)”

This is one of the last lines from the Hitchcock thriller, Psycho. You would think someone on the defense team would have mentioned this to her. Too bad she didn’t show Travis the same compassion she shows spiders.

Wow, that is something that really makes me wonder again about the possible posing of Travis as in the movie Psycho.  Jodi seems very fond of themes and this is just one more of her little conceits of expression by which she tries to one up us all. A chill went up my spine when I read this.

I agree with the writer so much that Jodi had every intention of smearing Travis' character. She takes real delight in that, as she does it at every turn, along with reminding the prosectution that if they had given in to her plea deal (make that plea demand) she wouldn't have "had" to do that. However, she seems to have enjoyed doing it so much, she probably would have done it anyway. I really despise her for that.

I, too, want to be part of her sentence that she can have no more media exposure nor tweet via anyone else, either.  It's exactly what she deserves.

renatae

Back to top Go down

Post by olivier57 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks 18th, yes, very interesting reading !! Some funny sentences among others :

That’s like being a drug dealer who complains the only time someone calls is when they want dope.
Is this a court of law or her Facebook page?

http://www.realitychatter.com/t4326p800-jodi-arias-trial-for-the-murder-of-travis-alexander-23#218895

olivier57

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 pm

This is so incredibly disgusting.
The jury foreman, apparently, did NOT know the victim's name! 

He speaks of Travis as,  'I’m not blaming the dead guy. He didn’t deserve to die' " and, “I think [Alexander's family] got justice."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/12/jury-foreman-says-he-voted-life-arias

There have been comments this foreperson may have been infatuated with JA. I am beginning to think he WAS emotionally swayed.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Looks like the prosecution is still planning to go for it. Are status conferences televised?

http://www.kpho.com/story/22573671/prosecutors-still-plan-to-pursue-death-for-arias

While her murder conviction stands, prosecutors have the option of pursuing a new penalty phase aiming for the ultimate punishment or avoid it altogether, leading to a life sentence for Arias.

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery said Wednesday that his office is preparing for a retrial.

A status conference in the case is set for June 20.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Note the art work @ 1:30

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Jodi Arias prosecutors still plan to pursue death penalty

By David Schwartz
PHOENIX | Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:06pm EDT

PHOENIX (Reuters) - A top Arizona prosecutor said on Wednesday that the state still plans to seek the death penalty for convicted murderer Jodi Arias for killing her ex-boyfriend, after a jury deadlocked last month on whether she should be executed.

Read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/13/us-usa-crime-jodiarias-idUSBRE95C02J20130613
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Arias jury foreman voted against death penalty

by Mike Watkiss
azfamily.com
Posted on June 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Updated today at 6:48 PM

PHOENIX -- For the last five months, Bill Zervakos has been known only as Juror No. 18, the jury foreman in Jodi Arias' sensational and salacious murder trial.

Now, Zervakos is stepping forward to publicly acknowledge for the first time that he was one of the four jurors who voted against the death penalty.

"It was simply the most difficult situation I've ever been in in my life," he said.

Zervakos said he thought there were three mitigating factors: Arias' age and lack of criminal history, her "dysfunctional family" and he says he believes Travis Alexendar verbally and mentally abused Arias.

Read more:

http://www.azfamily.com/home/Arias-jury-foreman-voted-against-death-penalty-211014911.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 am

Maricopa County Superior Court

New docket entry:

6/12/2013  MCO - Motion To Continue - Party (001)  6/12/2013    
NOTE: MOTION TO CONTINUE; PENALTY PHASE  

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:53 am

A motion to continue is a written request for the postponement of a court proceeding.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:36 am

Freckles wrote:This is so incredibly disgusting.
The jury foreman, apparently, did NOT know the victim's name! 

He speaks of Travis as,  'I’m not blaming the dead guy. He didn’t deserve to die' " and, “I think [Alexander's family] got justice."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/12/jury-foreman-says-he-voted-life-arias

There have been comments this foreperson may have been infatuated with JA. I am beginning to think he WAS emotionally swayed.

Sickening. This guy makes my blood boil. He CERTAINLY NEVER should have been the foreman!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by FireandBlood on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:41 am

I had to take time off from this case. The 'i'm a survivor' drivel left a very nasty taste in my mouth and made me want to break things - mostly things attached to her like her face. The mistrial news was very disappointing though not unexpected - I thought there would be some fools who bought her sob story, like Mr. #18. What a classy fella he is: 'I don't blame the dead guy!'. Yet you believe that he verbally/mentally abused the 'poor frail girl'? Why can't you say his name, #18? Is it shame of the disservice you've given him and his family/friends or did the sight of Jodi's bottomless pits unhinge your brain?

The mitigating factors that he relied on are crap. "She was only 27 with no RECORDED criminal history" If people sought charges on her insane stalking ways, I'm sure she would HAVE a criminal history and her age is bollocks. By 27, most brains have developed past the 'young adult' stage and are centered in the adult stage. Of course, Jodi seems to have a critical disease known as "12 For Life" - it's simply when someone's brain fails to develop past the 12 Year stage, expressing the symptoms of special snowflakeisms and oh-so-much whine.

As for her dysfunctional family life, I believe most of that dysfunction stemmed from the Hell Bitch, herself. I have but one relief in relation to Jodi. I am relieved that none of her paramours knocked her up and I am relieved that she will never be a mother. A child's life was saved by never existing in her womb and for that, I am eternally thankful.

Last edited by FireandBlood on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expect the unexpected)
FireandBlood

Mood : Bang Head

Back to top Go down

Post by keikikiki on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:36 pm

FireandBlood wrote:I had to take time off from this case. The 'i'm a survivor' drivel left a very nasty taste in my mouth and made me want to break things - mostly things attached to her like her face. The mistrial news was very disappointing though not unexpected - I thought there would be some fools who bought her sob story, like Mr. #18. What a classy fella he is: 'I don't blame the dead guy!'. Yet you believe that he verbally/mentally abused the 'poor frail girl'? Why can't you say his name, #18? Is it shame of the disservice you've given him and his family/friends or did the sight of Jodi's bottomless pits unhinge your brain?

The mitigating factors that he relied on are crap. "She was only 27 with no RECORDED criminal history" If people sought charges on her insane stalking ways, I'm sure she would HAVE a criminal history and her age is bollocks. By 27, most brains have developed past the 'young adult' stage and are centered in the adult stage. Of course, Jodi seems to have a critical disease known as "12 For Life" - it's simply when someone's brain fails to develop past the 12 Year stage, expressing the symptoms of special snowflakeisms and oh-so-much whine.

As for her dysfunctional family life, I believe most of that dysfunction stemmed from the Hell Bitch, herself. I have but one relief in relation to Jodi. I am relieved that none of her paramours knocked her up and I am relieved that she will never be a mother. A child's life was saved by never existing in her womb and for that, I am eternally thankful.

Lol.

Ahh, F&B...You've been missed! 

As always, I couldn't agree more.  Love hearing your thoughts!

keikikiki

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:22 pm

just now comin out of a bad patch so figured I'd pop in here n say Hi yall! was nice reading all your post..have missed conversin wt all of you, but OMG it was very nice not to hear or read one single thing about that nasty lil chica all this time.

I haven't caught up on the Sneiderman case but it will prob shock you all to know I done had a lil issue over on the Zimmerman one..lol
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Jodi Arias' defense team wants to postpone trial until 2014
http://ktar.com/22/1641749/Jodi-Arias-defense-team-wants-to-postpone-trial-until-2014

You can view the actual motion within the article....I just read this part:  Additionally, Ms. Arias is requesting that this court consider facts that Ms. Arias wishes to raise in an ex-parte hearing befoe deciding this motion.

barf
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:08 pm

I wonder if they will get the continuance - at least its been nice knowing she's sitting in solitary.  Haven't had any tweets in a while - no interviews.

Nice quiet.
Mari 68

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Peeps, can u imagine, a continuance til 2014. With good ole' judge Stevens you never know. But, I would say NO in a hot NY minute. WTH its been 5 yrs now, what is another year going to produce?  I think they are stuck with their original case now, the self-defense thing. About the only thing they can do is get her folks and siblings to beg and grovel for the demon seeds life. I think they might want to leave the artwork and hair donations on the cutting room floor.  I hope a new jury will have had an opportunity to have learned what a wretch this thing is and although having to listen to the mitigators, might come to the conclusion that there aren't enough mitigators in the world to outweigh what she did.
I have been watching the jury selection for GZ. Amazing what some people will say.  This will be a sequestered jury. This judge seems to have control so far.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 pm

It is good to see so many of our "old" posters back on board.
Missed ya! 

18th: I took a look at your link and was WOWED by how much effort you have placed into reconstructing your home and your dress to fit the period. Yowsy! That took a wee bit of research, IMO. Love the wattle fence!
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:39 am

FireandBlood wrote:I had to take time off from this case. The 'i'm a survivor' drivel left a very nasty taste in my mouth and made me want to break things - mostly things attached to her like her face. The mistrial news was very disappointing though not unexpected - I thought there would be some fools who bought her sob story, like Mr. #18. What a classy fella he is: 'I don't blame the dead guy!'. Yet you believe that he verbally/mentally abused the 'poor frail girl'? Why can't you say his name, #18? Is it shame of the disservice you've given him and his family/friends or did the sight of Jodi's bottomless pits unhinge your brain?

(O.k. I have to say I HATE the new format, and I am probably now doing this wrong as I see no quotes. I don't know what most of the symbols mean. The emoticons are so tiny I can't see them. I vote we go BACK to the original format!)
Just want to reply to this fantastic post. I agree with you 100%!!!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:43 am

Freckles wrote:It is good to see so many of our "old" posters back on board.
Missed ya! 

18th: I took a look at your link and was WOWED by how much effort you have placed into reconstructing your home and your dress to fit the period. Yowsy! That took a wee bit of research, IMO. Love the wattle fence!

HI Freckles,
Thanks so much! We did all the work ourselves and much with little or no money spent!
We are historical reenactors (We're the ones fighting the battles and living the 18thc. for the weekend in tents for the tourists at places like Ft. Ticonderoga, etc., allowing museums to stay open. (Reenactors do not get paid). Our clothing and gear has to be ultra authentic, and took us years to accumulate/make!~

Sorry that this seems to be in your post. I can't figure out the new system! I have tried, but obviously am doing something wrong.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next