Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by carlakay on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:54 am

well here I thought I was still in crazy fibro fog not doing something right with replying..didn't even realize we got a new format..thanks for clearing that up for me 18th..
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:29 am

I thot it was me. Figured I had pressed something on the computer or some combination of keys that screwed everything up.  Ok. "Me" just has to learn how to adjust now. BTW, my little emoticons I like to sprinkle about? They are SO tiny I have trouble seeing them. Sorry, but I won't be able to use them in the future.  Sad
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:24 pm

Well, I haven't figured it out yet.  Maybe someone can tell me how to respond to another person's post.  I have given up right now.  Thanks to anyone who can advise.
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 pm

I don't know how to post correctly either, guys.....eeks, I'm not good with change!
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Mari 68 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Freckles wrote:I thot it was me. Figured I had pressed something on the computer or some combination of keys that screwed everything up.  Ok. "Me" just has to learn how to adjust now. BTW, my little emoticons I like to sprinkle about? They are SO tiny I have trouble seeing them. Sorry, but I won't be able to use them in the future.  Sad

Okay, so you have to run your mouse over the emoticons slowly and they will pop out at you.

But yes, trouble quoting is same for me.  I am not able to quote while using my iPhone anymore - the damn thing won't let me click below the yellow box of the person I'm trying to quote and reply to.  It forces me right into their quote.
Mari 68

Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 pm

When I try to bold a quote, it goes on but won't come off.
When posted, it may or may not be bolded.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:39 pm

Did anyone ever hear anymore about NG's 'BOMBSHELLS' from the other night regarding arias allegedly attacking another inmate and arias and her lawyers claiming they had been 'bugged' in the courtroom? I haven't been able to find anything more at NG's HLN site. freckles? tess? anyone?
hello clarice

Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:30 pm

Why were Arias juror, witness threatened?
By Dan Schenek
updated 5:52 PM EDT, Fri June 14, 2013

" ... Jodi Arias trial jury foreman William Zervakos is the first of four jurors to speak publicly about voting against the death penalty.

In a recent interview, the 69-year-old told HLN affiliate KTVK, "We didn't become friends in there. We had a lot of respect for each other. I respect all of them, although I disagree with eight of them. I think everybody did absolutely the best job that they could in the situation that we were in."

Although Zervakos neither sympathized with Arias nor did he believe Travis Alexander deserved to die, he did say there were multiple mitigating factors, including Arias' age, no prior criminal history and her "dysfunctional" family, that led him to vote for life.

Zervakos also told KTVK he received death threats for failing to sentence Arias to death, which raises the question: Why do some individuals resort to such behavior? Attorneys who regularly appear on HLN expressed their concern about this potentially dangerous growing trend...."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/14/how-do-we-respectfully-disagree-jurors

Arias transcripts show argument over 'Dr. Drew jurors'
By Dr. Drew staff
updated 4:23 AM EDT, Fri June 14, 2013

" ...
He continued, "I'm concerned that digital recording devices may be being employed to tape what's going on. And obviously one could be left behind. When we play a tape … it goes over the speakers and a digital recorder placed somewhere outside of the view of security could easily be recording what is going on … I just am concerned for Ms. Arias' rights … not wanting to get a mistrial here.”

In response, Judge Stephens said, “I believe that there are three full-time security people in in plain clothes stationed in the courtroom looking for anyone recording, taking photographs, improperly using their cell phones … so I don't think there should be an issue...."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/13/jodi-arias-trial-transcript-reveals-argument-over-dr-drew-jurors
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 pm

hello clarice wrote:Did anyone ever hear anymore about NG's 'BOMBSHELLS' from the other night regarding arias allegedly attacking another inmate and arias and her lawyers claiming they had been 'bugged' in the courtroom? I haven't been able to find anything more at NG's HLN site. freckles? tess? anyone?Will try this "unformulated" and see if it helps me to get past the yellow box.

I had not heard of JA being an instigator in attacking another person. I thot she was not allowed to intermingle with other convicts.  Took a look at HLN and don't see anything there. Let me check another site or two...

Bugging in the courtroom: Posted the HLN story re Nurmi's concerns.  
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Freckles I'm going to try and post the link to NG's 'BOMBSHELL' re: arias attacking an inmate.
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/13/will-arias-go-psych-ward-escape-death @ 00.33
(hope it works ) and thanks for the info about the lawyers being 'bugged.'  pfffttt:
hello clarice

Back to top Go down

Post by tesstruhart on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi Clarice, I haven't heard anything about any bombshells.  I actually have been taking a bit of a rest from all this.  I am trying to live my life instead of getting my panties in a knot over this witch.  I will be back full time when we do get a trial going again.  I hope she is in solitary and not fraternizing with other inmates.  She deserves anonymity. It is what will kill her in the end.
tesstruhart

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:30 pm

tesstruhart wrote:
Hi Clarice, I haven't heard anything about any bombshells.  I actually have been taking a bit of a rest from all this.  I am trying to live my life instead of getting my panties in a knot over this witch.  I will be back full time when we do get a trial going again.  I hope she is in solitary and not fraternizing with other inmates.  She deserves anonymity. It is what will kill her in the end.   I hear you Tess! I'm trying to let it go but I just caught a little bit of NG as I was passing thru' and heard about her attacking an inmate. As Freckles said, thought she was not allowed near other prisoners. I need to get a life!!! Have a nice weekend.
hello clarice

Back to top Go down

Post by hello clarice on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:31 pm

OOP's made a pig's ear out of that post!!! Sorry Tess Embarassed
hello clarice

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:46 pm

hello clarice wrote:Freckles I'm going to try and post the link to NG's 'BOMBSHELL' re: arias attacking an inmate.
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/13/will-arias-go-psych-ward-escape-death @ 00.33
(hope it works ) and thanks for the info about the lawyers being 'bugged.'  pfffttt:
I find this interesting. The defense is now trying to use the state's witness. What was wrong with THEIR own witnesses, Dr. Ducky and the shrinking violet?

JA may be mentally ill BUT she UNDERSTANDS the difference between right and wrong.
That is enough for her to have stood trial and accept the consequences of her actions.
Period.

BTW, the dteam had almost FIVE YEARS to determine the plea for their client.
Mentally ill NEVER entered the equitation THEY presented.
Which is it? Abused or mentally ill BEYOND the ability to know the difference between right and wrong?
ALL the cover-up, all the lies JA spun tells us she DOES know the difference between right and wrong.
Her mental condition is NOT applicable at this point.

Hand her and be damned.
She IS a danger to all of society.
That danger is something, IMO, her family knew of and that is why they let her go at such a young age.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Freckles wrote:
hello clarice wrote:Freckles I'm going to try and post the link to NG's 'BOMBSHELL' re: arias attacking an inmate.
I find this interesting. The defense is now trying to use the state's witness. What was wrong with THEIR own witnesses, Dr. Ducky and the shrinking violet?  

JA may be mentally ill BUT she UNDERSTANDS the difference between right and wrong.
That is enough for her to have stood trial and accept the consequences of her actions.
Period.

BTW, the dteam had almost FIVE YEARS to determine the plea for their client.
Mentally ill NEVER entered the equitation THEY presented.
Which is it? Abused or mentally ill BEYOND the ability to know the difference between right and wrong?
ALL the cover-up, all the lies JA spun tells us she DOES know the difference between right and wrong.
Her mental condition is NOT applicable at this point.

Hand her and be damned.
She IS a danger to all of society.
That danger is something, IMO, her family knew of and that is why they let her go at such a young age.

I think her folks were happy she left home. 
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:55 pm

'Dirty Little Secret,' movie about Jodi Arias case, airing on Lifetime

Originally published: June 12, 2013 11:31 AM
Updated: June 14, 2013 4:02 PM
By ZAP2IT

Photo credit: Lifetime | Tania Raymonde stars as Jodi Arias in the all-new Lifetime Original Movie, Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret, premiering June 22.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/dirty-little-secret-movie-about-jodi-arias-case-airing-on-lifetime-1.5465893
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Judge in Jodi Arias trial reseals bench conferences, chamber hearings

Posted: Jun 14, 2013 3:42 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 14, 2013 3:55 PM CDT

Posted by Breann Bierman

PHOENIX (CBS5) - The judge in the Jodi Arias murder trial has ordered all bench conferences and hearings side chambers be resealed.

The motion and order filed on Thursday morning stated the court found that allowing the release of transcripts and recordings of bench conferences and in-chambers hearings could "potentially affect a future jury pool."

This comes a day after attorneys for Arias requested the penalty phase of her murder trial be postponed from July 18 to January to allow for witnesses to be called and because of the travel schedules of her attorneys.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/22595974/judge-in-jodi-aria-trial-reseals-bench-conferences-chamber-hearings
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:38 pm

MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT

New docket entry:

6/13/2013  005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001)  6/13/2013  

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:46 pm

SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY

CR2008-031021-001 DT
06/12/2013

STATE OF ARIZONA JUAN M MARTINEZ
v.
JODI ANN ARIAS (001)

MINUTE ENTRY

State's Attorney: Juan Martinez
Defendant's Attorney: Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott
Defendant: Presence Waived

Court Reporter is not present.

LET THE RECORD REFLECT all counsel appearing telephonically.
LET THE RECORD REFLECT the Court meets informally with Counsel.

The Court finds dissemination of transcripts and recordings of bench conferences and in chambers hearings could potentially affect a future jury pool, therefore,

IT IS ORDERED (re)sealing all bench conferences and in chambers hearings until further order of the Court.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/062013/m5812262.pdf

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:47 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Judge in Jodi Arias trial reseals bench conferences, chamber hearings

Posted: Jun 14, 2013 3:42 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 14, 2013 3:55 PM CDT

Posted by Breann Bierman

PHOENIX (CBS5) - The judge in the Jodi Arias murder trial has ordered all bench conferences and hearings side chambers be resealed.

The motion and order filed on Thursday morning stated the court found that allowing the release of transcripts and recordings of bench conferences and in-chambers hearings could "potentially affect a future jury pool."

This comes a day after attorneys for Arias requested the penalty phase of her murder trial be postponed from July 18 to January to allow for witnesses to be called and because of the travel schedules of her attorneys.

Read more:

http://www.kpho.com/story/22595974/judge-in-jodi-aria-trial-reseals-bench-conferences-chamber-hearings

From above link:
" .... Attorneys Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Wilmott in a motion filed Wednesday said Arias could not present a full mitigation case. They contend a witness, Patricia Womack, was afraid to return to Arizona to testify during the penalty phase because she received death threats. [Click here to read the full motion] ..."

IMO, the court records should not have been released until this trial was put to bed. Some might have been kept under seal until AFTER appeals, IMO.

At the same time, each juror IS questioned as to knowledge and of the opinion PRIOR to and during the trial so I don't see what a big deal it would make. Unless the potential juror is as well versed as the members of RC, I don't see it being a problem.

Re Patty:
SHE is the one putting HERSELF out there. She invited the media attention. They did NOT seek her out initially. She sought them out wanting to capitalize on the trial of JA by selling the pics to the media. Her problem, IMO. As for why she decided NOT to testify? She got cold feet. No one is going to drive to where ever she lives and harm her. (She should have reported this because it is tantamount to witness tampering... Security would have been provided for her and her family.) The truth is NOT threats per se but a witness who has CHANGED her mind. Read what she has to say about her "good friend" killing Travis. It has had a negative impact upon her and the fact JA was once her best friend; now, Patty doesn't know who to trust since she thot she knew JA and finds the murder appalling. THIS is what Patty has told the media and IMO, this is why she decided to not testify.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 pm

By sealing the records it will protect the integrity of the case against dteam's appeals of a polluted jury... I can see that.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:02 am

In my opinion, it was a mistake to release the sealed documents, especially the exchange between the prosecutor and the defense lawyers in the judge's chambers.

The trial is not over yet, the State wants a redo of the sentencing phase, this is a capital case, it is a very serious matter.

They can't unring the bell by resealing the documents after the juror questions and the heated arguments between the lawyers were made public.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:14 pm

JA is not mentally ill to such a capacity as:

1. To know the difference between right and wrong.
--JA admitted she knew she had done something wrong when she saw the blood on her hands;
--JA forged letters trying to frame Travis to shift the blame for her actions to the victim;
--JA has lied repeatedly demonstrating her knowledge of the difference between right and wrong;
--JA has crafted stories in order to avoid prosecution for her criminal actions.

2. To assist her attys in her own defense.
--JA was observed writing notes and sharing the notes with her attys; she testified in her own defense; she did the allocution

IMO, JA does NOT qualify for an insanity plea.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bmore on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 pm

I didn't think that BPD qualified for mentally ill but was a mental defect.  You can't cure her, she is who she is...  You'd have to kill her...
Bmore

Mood : Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by vegret on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:27 am

So let me get this straight. The lying, manipulating, skanky murderer wanted/wants us all to believe:

1. She WASN'T there. Well. Not really...
2. She WAS there, but two ninja killed Travis. Well. Not really...
3. She WAS there, but had to kill him 3 different ways because he was going to kill her. Well. Not really...
4. She WAS there. She DID MURDER Travis 3 different ways. But she did it because she's mentally insane. Hence, not really responsible.

Alrighty.

I will confess, I have been wondering how she's been coping while on lock-down 23  hours a day. She wants us to believe she's insane?

Okie dokie. 

When it comes out she gouged her eyes out with those really creepy fingers she has, then chews those fingers off and shoves them through her eardrums, maybe then I'll believe she's mentally insane.

Well. Not really. I. Will. Never. Believe. She. Is. Mentally. Insane/Ill.

She's giving the truly mentally ill a very bad rep.

But, hey...I still wouldn't mind if she did all the above. Just cause. She is EVIL.
vegret

Back to top Go down

Post by sitemama on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:10 am

HLN said she attacked another inmate, but the other inmate said she was at fault. When did they get together? Must not be watched too closely in that one hour she is out of her cell.

Admin

Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:56 am

Freckles wrote:This is so incredibly disgusting.
The jury foreman, apparently, did NOT know the victim's name! 

He speaks of Travis as,  'I’m not blaming the dead guy. He didn’t deserve to die' " and, “I think [Alexander's family] got justice."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/12/jury-foreman-says-he-voted-life-arias

There have been comments this foreperson may have been infatuated with JA. I am beginning to think he WAS emotionally swayed.H

Hi Freckles, I remember reading in the first interview with that idiot that he referred to Travis as "the dead guy". I was horrified. What a completely disrespectful slap in the face to Travis' family and friends, the police and prosecution, and to the whole system. HOW did that moron get to be foreman? UGH.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 am

Freckles wrote:I thot it was me. Figured I had pressed something on the computer or some combination of keys that screwed everything up.  Ok. "Me" just has to learn how to adjust now. BTW, my little emoticons I like to sprinkle about? They are SO tiny I have trouble seeing them. Sorry, but I won't be able to use them in the future.  Sad

Me either, Freckles! Just too difficult to see them all. Also, I am sure I am replying incorrectly because I see that my responses are in the same color zone as the poster. I have tried to go through each symbol to see why, but sorry---I just can't figure this out. I really really wish we'd go back to the old format. Frankly, even though I was registered on Websleuths, I never post because the whole site is so complicated it was just too much hassle!

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:28 am

Is anyone... or did anyone watch the TV movie... Jodi Arias Story "dirty little secret" 

I want to know if they are taking sides... guess I don't want to be severely agitated by them being pro-Hodi!! geek
justanopinion

Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:00 am

It seems as if Juan objects to the January 2014 hail mary by the defense...

6/17/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 6/17/2013  
NOTE: OBJECTION TO MOTION TO CONTINUE; PENALTY PHASE
http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:02 am

justanopinion wrote:Is anyone... or did anyone watch the TV movie... Jodi Arias Story "dirty little secret" 

I want to know if they are taking sides... guess I don't want to be severely agitated by them being pro-Hodi!! geek

Not me....I cannot stand Hodi for realz, so I'm not gonna subject myself to watch Hodi Part 2 lol
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 am

Computer assist:
Someone posted this and I found it to be of great assistance so I am sharing.

After clicking on the quote, the message box appears in yellow.
No place for a response outside the yellow box.
So---
Above the yellow box there is a mini toolbar.
Find the smiley face (emoticons) and count FOUR spaces to the right.
What looks like a sheet of paper--- click on that.
Now the message box is no longer yellow and states quote before and after the quoted message.

Type your response AFTER the last quote and everything will be as before.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 am

justanopinion wrote:Is anyone... or did anyone watch the TV movie... Jodi Arias Story "dirty little secret" 

I don't get it on my TV.
I (morally) feel it is wrong to capitalize on this murder.
I feel (emotionally) it is too soon as emotions are still very raw.
And last (legally) I think this is a terrible risk for trying to seat a new jury.

IMO, the courts should have intervened and ask this be postponed until at least this trial was completed.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am

sitemama wrote:HLN said she attacked another inmate, but the other inmate said she was at fault.  When did they get together?  Must not be watched too closely in that one hour she is out of her cell.

Bet she lost a few more priveleges!
I had read/heard JA has had 14 "infractions" since she was incarcerated in 2008.
That would be, on the average, 14 in 60 months or about every 4 months she blows it.
And how do you think she would do on parole? roflao roflao
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:36 am

Freckles wrote:

I don't get it on my TV.
I (morally) feel it is wrong to capitalize on this murder.
I feel (emotionally) it is too soon as emotions are still very raw.
And last (legally) I think this is a terrible risk for trying to seat a new jury.

IMO, the courts should have intervened and ask this be postponed until at least this trial was completed.

I am in total agreement about the courts should have intervened... also wanted to add... the d-team and hodi thinks the courtroom was bugged... roflao roflao roflao witch knew she was being filmed, had voice, even the d-team saw the microphones at the bench..and she couldn't shut her mouth long enough with the Media... me thinks that Jodi is the little girl who cried wolf... boo hoo they were taping me so I can't get a fair trial... there are sayings that are used frequently in my family that apply aptly to Hodi... one of many is that the d-team is throwing enough chit against the wall hoping some will stick... mental illness my arse!!

Sorry all of the above is JMOO
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:39 am

Freckles wrote:
sitemama wrote:HLN said she attacked another inmate, but the other inmate said she was at fault.  When did they get together?  Must not be watched too closely in that one hour she is out of her cell.

Bet she lost a few more priveleges!
I had read/heard JA has had 14 "infractions" since she was incarcerated in 2008.
That would be, on the average, 14 in 60 months or about every 4 months she blows it.
And how do you think she would do on parole?  roflao roflao

OMG can't even entertain that thought ... HodiArse on parole... shiver me timbers!! (driving like a mad man to get out of range of Hodi)
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:59 am

Just-
Call it a "pasta bowl paste fight" !!!
I am visualizing it now. Laughing
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:16 am

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/17/should-we-pity-jodi-arias-parents

I disagree with HLN and the man they interviewed.
JA's mother LIED and FABRICATED and tried to SELL a lie for FINANCIAL gain; JA's mother TRIED TO IMPLICATE the victim for his own death.

This is why I find no respect for the likes of JA's family.
Granny is faking a need for a wheelchair while hopping curbs and walking on her own minutes later.
Bro is running his mouth and a slanderous, lying website.
Bro is selling JA's tracings on ebay.
Lil sis is wearing a "SURVIVOR " shirt as if SHE has been abused!
Mom is busy forging letters and trying to pass them off to national media to indict Travis!
Mom tried to sell same letters for financial gain.

And Dad? Well, he is diabetic and has to have his blood cleaned several times a week; no, he is dying of cancer! No... he had a heart attack!!! (Well, which week we talking? Whatda ya wanna hear? Tell me and I 'll be selling some of that canned crap served on yesterday's left-over bun at a special rate just for you.)

Good friend Patty: All along she has stated she was concerned the JA she saw in court was NOT the JA of her childhood, even her eyes had changed. Threats? IMO, Patty's biggest threat is the government going after her for a variety of reasons ALL of her own making! Patty has said the crime was horrendous and she has a hard time believing anyone could do anything like what was done to Travis.
(I posted some of her comments over on the DEFENSE WITNESS thread.)

Matt could not testify as HIS criminal past would be called into question.

Darryl was the only one left and the dteam chose not to call him for whatever reasons. He WAS present in the court!
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 am

Arias prosecutor opposes postponement of retrial

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 5:21 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 18, 2013 5:24 PM CDT

PHOENIX (AP) - The prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case has asked a judge to reject her attorneys' request to delay until next year the retrial of the penalty phase in her case.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez says in court filings that none of the reasons for the postponement that were offered by Arias' attorneys warrants a postponement.

Arias' attorneys asked for a postponement to allow their client time to gather witnesses to testify on her behalf.

They also have said they have scheduling conflicts with the current July 18 date set for retrial.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22626080/2013/06/18/arias-prosecutor-opposes-postponement-of-retrial
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:42 am

MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT

Docket entry:

6/17/2013  OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001)  6/17/2013    

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:06 am

Freckles wrote:Computer assist:
Someone posted this and I found it to be of great assistance so I am sharing.

After clicking on the quote, the message box appears in yellow.
No place for a response outside the yellow box.
So---
Above the yellow box there is a mini toolbar.
Find the smiley face (emoticons) and count FOUR spaces to the right.
What looks like a sheet of paper--- click on that.
Now the message box is no longer yellow and states quote before and after the quoted message.

Type your response AFTER the last quote and everything will be as before.  

thank you very much for sharing this info
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:24 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Arias prosecutor opposes postponement of retrial

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 5:21 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 18, 2013 5:24 PM CDT

PHOENIX (AP) - The prosecutor in the Jodi Arias case has asked a judge to reject her attorneys' request to delay until next year the retrial of the penalty phase in her case.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez says in court filings that none of the reasons for the postponement that were offered by Arias' attorneys warrants a postponement.

Arias' attorneys asked for a postponement to allow their client time to gather witnesses to testify on her behalf.

They also have said they have scheduling conflicts with the current July 18 date set for retrial.

Read more:

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22626080/2013/06/18/arias-prosecutor-opposes-postponement-of-retrial

If little miss I wasn't there; no I was there but it was ninja's; okay I was there but it was self-defence; no I guess I was there but I am a head case is in lockdown with only 1 hour 3 times a week out of her cell ... then I am satisfied with her getting a short postponement.. and letting TA's family find some time to resume the jobs/life before they have to endure the witch again.. MOO I won't be thrilled but I could live with it!
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm

Weeziethm wrote: It seems as if Juan objects to the January 2014 hail mary by the defense...

6/17/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 6/17/2013  

I disagree with justanopinion on this one...If this judge delays this penalty phase until Jan. I will flippin' freak out. I am SO sick of the defense team shenanigans! This horrible woman has already been found guilty of murder one, premeditated WITH CRUELTY!!!
TRIAL PART IS OVER, FOLKS.
This piece of s----needs to be sentenced without any more ridiculous delays! This is so unfair to the Alexander family, as well as to Juan, who did his job eminently and won a conviction.
The fact that NOW after this has been ajudicated, Jodi and her defense team want to change tactics and say she is mentally ill after fighting so hard against it is stupid beyond belief. This is the penalty phase, and they can't start everything all over again. TIME FOR THIS JUDGE TO SAY "ENOUGH!!" ENOUGH MONEY HAS BEEN SPENT ON THE SKANK FOR HER MORE THAN FAIR TRIAL. LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH ALREADY! NO NEW FACTS ARE GOING TO BE ALLOWED AT THIS POINT---THEY KNEW ONLY THE PENALTY WAS A DO-OVER. NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE THE FACT THE THE NEW JURY WILL BE TOLD SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY OF PREMEDITATED AND CRUEL MURDER AND THAT THERE JOB IS ONLY TO DECIDE LIFE IN PRISON OR DEATH.

I hope that for once this judge clamps down on this murderess and her defense and tells them that the penalty phase will proceed in a timely manner, with no further delays.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Court date: 6/20/2013 @ 8:30 Case #: CR2008-031021
Case event: Status Conference Camera ruling: In Session -Pool Camera/Still Cam Approved
Judge: Sherry Stephens Prosecutor: Juan Martinez
Defendant: Jodi Ann Arias Defense attorney: Kirk Nurmi/Jennifer Willmott
Case notes: Jury hung on penalty phase of trial. New jury will need to be selected. Found guilty of 1st degree murder. Ex-girlfriend charged with the murder of former boyfriend Travis Alexander in Mesa.

Looks like it will be televised....wonder how Hodi has liked her last 3 weeks in solitary!  Hoping for a JSS smack-down....let's just get this done.

ETA:  I've seen several conflicting reports regarding the live streaming of tomorrow's conference....so who knows!  Just didn't want to post any misinformation.  We shall see!

Last edited by Weeziethm on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Court date: 6/20/2013 @ 8:30 Case #: CR2008-031021
Case event: Status Conference Camera ruling: In Session -Pool Camera/Still Cam Approved
Case notes: Jury hung on penalty phase of trial. New jury will need to be selected. Found guilty of 1st degree murder. Ex-girlfriend charged with the murder of former boyfriend Travis Alexander in Mesa.

Looks like it will be televised....wonder how Hodi has liked her last 3 weeks in solitary!  Hoping for a JSS smack-down....let's just get this done.

I wonder how much solitary she has seen in the last few weeks.
IF she was truly in solitary confinement, would she be busted trying to get in a fight with another inmate?

IMO, I would think the family wants this over with!
They don't need and more "time outs" but just to see the end of this so they CAN get back to beginning to heal. So they can find where they left their lives FIVE years ago!

Reading other sites and listening to HLN in which the commentators do NOT want to hold the parents of JA accountable for what JA did. How about holding the PARENTS accountable for what THEY did? Like, uh, liked to the courts about how ill Dad Arias is (while he is busy busting butt running his restaurants?) and wheelchair bound Granny (who was filmed hopping over curbs) and dear Mama (busted for trying to sell FORGED papers to the National Enguirer)?
Just hold the parents accountable. And the sibs who started websites, sold crap on ebay, and showed up in court in a printed TEE SHIRT (which dear sis had sposedly "designed" for the occasion)....

Entire FAMILY has tried to negatively influence or side-rail this court.
They are ALL losers.
They have each interfered and tried to sway a jury.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 pm

ETA:  I've seen several conflicting reports regarding the live streaming of tomorrow's conference....so who knows!  Just didn't want to post any misinformation.  We shall see!

I really do hope that all delay's are quashed... want this skank to get her comeuppance sooner than later... but I can be patient if need be... good things come to those that wait!! Very Happy JM is a fantastic CA so I am certain that if there is a way to stop the BS the D-team are shovelling then he will find it.
justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:13 am

Freckles wrote:

I wonder how much solitary she has seen in the last few weeks.
IF she was truly in solitary confinement, would she be busted trying to get in a fight with another inmate?

IMO, I would think the family wants this over with!
They don't need and more "time outs" but just to see the end of this so they CAN get back to beginning to heal. So they can find where they left their lives FIVE years ago!

Reading other sites and listening to HLN in which the commentators do NOT want to hold the parents of JA accountable for what JA did.  How about holding the PARENTS accountable for what THEY did? Like, uh, liked to the courts about how ill Dad Arias is (while he is busy busting butt running his restaurants?) and wheelchair bound Granny (who was filmed hopping over curbs) and dear Mama (busted for trying to sell FORGED papers to the National Enguirer)?
Just hold the parents accountable. And the sibs who started websites, sold crap on ebay, and showed up in court in a printed TEE SHIRT (which dear sis had sposedly "designed" for the occasion)....

Entire FAMILY has tried to negatively influence or side-rail this court.
They are ALL losers.
They have each interfered and tried to sway a jury.

I agree with Freckles that Jodi's family is the PITS, and do not deserve sympathy.
I have also stated yesterday that I hope this judge will NOT grant a delay in the penalty proceedings to this defendant and her team. I believe the Alexander family wants this to proceed now; I do not believe the want or need "a break" either.

As for Jodi's 'in jail' fight, I have scoured the internet, and as far as I can see, JODI WAS IN ONE FIGHT WITH ANOTHER INMATE AND THAT WAS IN JULY OF 09. THIS IS THE SAME FIGHT ALL THE NEWS SHOWS WERE TALKING ABOUT A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. I BELIEVE HLN, ETC., IS BRINGING THAT ALTERCATION UP AGAIN AND REHASHING IT BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN NO REAL NEWS ABOUT JODI SINCE THE HUNG JURY.
THERE IS NO OTHER JAIL FIGHT.

18thcenturylady

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:46 am

I agree with you, 18th....there was only one jail fight and HLN is skewing the facts for ratings.
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by justanopinion on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 am

023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001)   
6/20/2013 

justanopinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:17 am

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 18 Jun
#JodiArias Judge Stephens will allow a camera, JUST NOT A LIVE STREAM @ Thu hearing. Also most of hearing is set for chambers/sealed
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next