Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:11 am

Arias jurors to attend Thursday’s hearing

By Dan Schenek
updated 7:53 AM EDT, Wed June 19, 2013

•Jodi Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander
•Arias jurors could not come to unanimous decision during penalty phase
•Three jurors will attend this Thursday's hearing



Judge Sherry Stephens declared a mistrial in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias trial last month because the jury could not reach a unanimous decision about whether Arias should be put to death.

A status hearing is scheduled for Thursday, June 20, so that the judge can speak with the attorneys about their preparations for the new penalty phase, which will have a different jury and is slated to begin July 18.

But on Tuesday night, Arias juror No. 16, Marilou Allen-Coogan, and alternate juror No. 17, Tara Kelley, made the surprising announcement that they plan on attending Thursday’s hearing along with fellow juror No. 6, Diane Schwartz.

“I feel like I need to see this through as much as I can with my home schedule and work schedule,” Allen-Coogan told HLN’s Dr. Drew. "I feel like I'm invested.”

Kelley said, "I'm with Marilou. We are invested. We will be attending. Those are the three we know for sure. We were fully invested in this trial. We want to continue to see it through to the end.”

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/18/arias-jurors-attend-thursdays-hearing
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 am

Freckles wrote:http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/06/17/should-we-pity-jodi-arias-parents

I disagree with HLN and the man they interviewed.
JA's mother LIED and FABRICATED and tried to SELL a lie for FINANCIAL gain; JA's mother TRIED TO IMPLICATE the victim for his own death.

This is why I find no respect for the likes of JA's family.
Granny is faking a need for a wheelchair while hopping curbs and walking on her own minutes later.
Bro is running his mouth and a slanderous, lying website.
Bro is selling JA's tracings on ebay.
Lil sis is wearing a "SURVIVOR " shirt as if SHE has been abused!
Mom is busy forging letters and trying to pass them off to national media to indict Travis!  
Mom tried to sell same letters for financial gain.

And Dad? Well, he is diabetic and has to have his blood cleaned several times a week; no, he is dying of cancer! No... he had a heart attack!!!   (Well, which  week we talking? Whatda ya wanna hear? Tell me and I 'll be selling some of that canned crap served on yesterday's left-over bun at a special rate just for you.)

Good friend Patty: All along she has stated she was concerned the JA she saw in court was NOT the JA of her childhood, even her eyes had changed. Threats? IMO, Patty's biggest threat is the government going after her for a variety of reasons ALL of her own making! Patty has said the crime was horrendous and she has a hard time believing anyone could do anything like what was done to Travis.
(I posted some of her comments over on the DEFENSE WITNESS thread.)

Matt could not testify as HIS criminal past would be called into question.

Darryl was the only one left and the dteam chose not to call him for whatever reasons. He WAS present in the court!


BRAVO!!!!bounce

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 am

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Arias jurors to attend Thursday’s hearing

By Dan Schenek
updated 7:53 AM EDT, Wed June 19, 2013

•Jodi Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander
•Arias jurors could not come to unanimous decision during penalty phase
•Three jurors will attend this Thursday's hearing



Judge Sherry Stephens declared a mistrial in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias trial last month because the jury could not reach a unanimous decision about whether Arias should be put to death.

A status hearing is scheduled for Thursday, June 20, so that the judge can speak with the attorneys about their preparations for the new penalty phase, which will have a different jury and is slated to begin July 18.

But on Tuesday night, Arias juror No. 16, Marilou Allen-Coogan, and alternate juror No. 17, Tara Kelley, made the surprising announcement that they plan on attending Thursday’s hearing along with fellow juror No. 6, Diane Schwartz.

“I feel like I need to see this through as much as I can with my home schedule and work schedule,” Allen-Coogan told HLN’s Dr. Drew. "I feel like I'm invested.”

Kelley said, "I'm with Marilou. We are invested. We will be attending. Those are the three we know for sure. We were fully invested in this trial. We want to continue to see it through to the end.”

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/18/arias-jurors-attend-thursdays-hearing


WTH? I my own humble opinion, this jury for whatever reasons could not get their act together and agree on a penalty for stabby. THEY ARE DONE---OUT OF IT! Honestly, I don't want to hear any more from any of them, frankly. I don't see why any of them should be allowed at the above mentioned meeting!!!
NONE of this concerns them anymore. They did their job to the best that their consciences could allow, and now it's time to BUT OUT, and let a new jury take on the task ahead.
If the first jury members want to "see it through", let them follow it on TV like everyone else!

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Mari 68 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:29 am

What time is this nonsense happening today???
avatar
Mari 68

Posts : 1151
Join date : 2012-06-01
Location : Southern California
Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:36 am

Mari 68 wrote:What time is this nonsense happening today???
Dunno. I checked the HOME page here at RC and only get the colored bars.
Will it be televised?
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Mari.  It's already started, but is not streaming live.  Wildabouttrial is doing tweeting on his site....he said JA came in wearing prison stripes....man o man, why do we always get to miss the good stuff!!!  WAT said she was escorted back to chambers by 2 heavily armed Sheriff's deputies.  All attorneys and Judge back in chambers.  Not sure what else we will learn today, if anything.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by justanopinion on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

18thcenturylady wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Arias jurors to attend Thursday’s hearing

By Dan Schenek
updated 7:53 AM EDT, Wed June 19, 2013

•Jodi Arias was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander
•Arias jurors could not come to unanimous decision during penalty phase
•Three jurors will attend this Thursday's hearing



Judge Sherry Stephens declared a mistrial in the penalty phase of the Jodi Arias trial last month because the jury could not reach a unanimous decision about whether Arias should be put to death.

A status hearing is scheduled for Thursday, June 20, so that the judge can speak with the attorneys about their preparations for the new penalty phase, which will have a different jury and is slated to begin July 18.

But on Tuesday night, Arias juror No. 16, Marilou Allen-Coogan, and alternate juror No. 17, Tara Kelley, made the surprising announcement that they plan on attending Thursday’s hearing along with fellow juror No. 6, Diane Schwartz.

“I feel like I need to see this through as much as I can with my home schedule and work schedule,” Allen-Coogan told HLN’s Dr. Drew. "I feel like I'm invested.”

Kelley said, "I'm with Marilou. We are invested. We will be attending. Those are the three we know for sure. We were fully invested in this trial. We want to continue to see it through to the end.”

Read more:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/18/arias-jurors-attend-thursdays-hearing


WTH? I my own humble opinion, this jury for whatever reasons could not get their act together and agree on a penalty for stabby. THEY ARE DONE---OUT OF IT! Honestly, I don't want to hear any more from any of them, frankly. I don't see why any of them should be allowed at the above mentioned meeting!!!
NONE of this concerns them anymore. They did their job to the best that their consciences could allow, and now it's time to BUT OUT, and let a new jury take on the task ahead.
If the first jury members want to "see it through", let them follow it on TV like everyone else!

Agreed to some extent... if I am not mistaken these 3 would have voted DP and maybe they feel cheated... just others that the skank has affected negatively. They did sit through that trial in the courtroom for all those long months... we at least got to go get snacks, bathroom breaks etc... when we wanted without asking permission. I just think they may be feeling a little invested and lost... it is tough to change routines when you know the job isn't finished... I don't think they are there in support of Jodi... but to support Justice. my opinion only and yes 18th I am still significantly disgusted that the jurors could not come to a decision, but better that they didn't than the wrong decision and the foreman was definitely not going to change his mind... since it was in the little head (he wanted to rescue the little witch because of it) MOO
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

WAT just tweeted that it is only Nurmi and Wilmott back in chambers for the moment; Juan and Flores seated at their table.  Said JW just ran back in to get some papers and smiled at JM and EF.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:42 am

WAT says he does not see any of Travis' family here today.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am

This appears to be from this AM.




http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-trial-arias-back-court-time-hung-19444787
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:47 am

WAT says Nurmi, Wilmott and JA are still back in chambers.  JM and EF in courtroom at their table.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:53 am

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 6m

#jodiarias was dressed in jailhouse stripes -- no street clothing today. Didn't seem like her overly confident self today.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 2m

Court security says since #jodiarias is now convicted high profile violent murderer -- She will have heavily armed guards 2 move her.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 pm

Post 36485

" @jeffgoldesq 18 Jun

#JodiArias Judge Stephens approved one pool camera and one still camera for the 6/20 status conference. No live feed

@chriswnews 7m

#JodiArias arrives in chains surrounded by what appears to be an MCSO SWAT Team

@WildAboutTrial 8m

#JodiArias was just escorted back by the well armed sheriff deputies. She is in chambers now. These guys are scary looking "

Post 36486


@chriswnews 2m

Was told #TravisAlexander aunt only family member expected in gallery. Sis Samantha to attend via phone. Family civil atty here.

RT @chriswnews Never seen a #JodiArias escort like this. #Arias walked to chambers her shackles making a racket

Post 36487

@CamilleKimball Mitigator is here. Juan and Flores are at their regular table. Defense team in chambers

Post 36488:

@maryellenabc15 4m

Court security says since #jodiarias is now convicted high profile violent murderer -- She will have heavily armed guards 2 move her.



http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?26892-Jodi-Ann-Arias-shot-and-stabbed-her-ex-boyfriend-Travis-Alexander-to-death-%28Part-II%29/page1460
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:14 pm

Post 36491:

"@maryellenabc15 28s

Courtroom is waiting 2c what will be announced from chambers once #jodiarias court begins. Only Arias and def team are back in chambers "

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?26892-Jodi-Ann-Arias-shot-and-stabbed-her-ex-boyfriend-Travis-Alexander-to-death-%28Part-II%29/page1460
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:17 pm

From my share above:

" @chriswnews 2m

Was told #TravisAlexander aunt only family member expected in gallery. Sis Samantha to attend via phone. Family civil atty here.


RT @chriswnews Never seen a #JodiArias escort like this. #Arias walked to chambers her shackles making a racket "

I am curious as to the "family civil atty" who is present.
Any guesses on that?

Made my day with the comment of, "her shackles making a racket."
Very Happy bounce Let's see JA doing some jumping jacks with those "leg weights" she is now showing... !
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Per WAT....Juan and Flores were just summoned back into chambers.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Tweets are saying that Flores and JA came back out into the courtroom.  JA sitting at table.  4 heavily armed guards near her.  Juan, Nurmi and Wilmott still in chambers with JSS.
WAT says that DP mitigation boobsy mcgee is whispering with JA; the guards are hovering.  lol
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:42 pm

@CoreyABC15 2m

Judge has sealed what's being talked about in her chambers today which is par for the course in this case

@CoreyABC15 8m

Legal analyst says when both sides come back into courtroom, judge will likely issue ruling with little/no explanation #JodiArias


@chriswnews 8m

#JodiArias mother told me "things have been rough". Asked how she was. Said she hasn't been leaving the house much since trial


@chriswnews 6m

That #JodiArias escort is SRT not SWAT tm. Special Response Team=standard 4 convicted 1st degree murderers I'm told in situations like this
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:45 pm

@WildAboutTrial 1m
Juan, Willmott and Nurmi are still back in chambers. Flores is sitting down. Mike B. is back in courtroom as well

@WildAboutTrial 59s
The armed sheriff guards seem to be clearing #JodiArias' table. She is brought back out now and is sitting down

@Sharee93 2m
#jodiarias came out of chambers, taken into into back. She is not happy 2 be in shackles, no smile or glass. Appears uncomfortable & nervous

@Sharee93 1m
#jodiarias back in court..scanning gallery, looking for her family

WildAboutTrial 1m
#JodiArias is sitting with the DP mitigation specialist hwhispering. Sheriff's haven't left her side.

@maryellenabc15 35s
#jodiarias Judge announces will not rule on motion -- setting court date -- not trial date to July 18

avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Well, folks.  The pain continues.  JSS will not rule on the motion to delay the penalty phase and has set a court date (not trial date) of July 18th.  So we wait another month to see what the court will do.  Sheesh.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

@maryellenabc15 36s

SRT guard had approached male with #jodiarias mother...looks like he may have tried to make contact with Arias. Will have to confirm later
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Pic of our damsel in distress in STRIPES and CHAINS. Very Happy
Jodi Arias sentencing: No ruling from judge on postponement of penalty phase


Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-sentencing-judge-to-consider-postponement-of-penalty-phase#ixzz2WmTAatwJ
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Mari 68 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Pic of our damsel in distress in STRIPES and CHAINS. Very Happy
Jodi Arias sentencing: No ruling from judge on postponement of penalty phase


Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-sentencing-judge-to-consider-postponement-of-penalty-phase#ixzz2WmTAatwJ


aaahhhhh   This pic is what I live for.  She looks like SCHITT and shackled up is the BEST part of it.

Um, where are her glasses?
avatar
Mari 68

Posts : 1151
Join date : 2012-06-01
Location : Southern California
Mood : Scared 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Here is another trial where the jury is currently deciding a death penalty.
It is from Riverside, CA.
I am sharing only to show a correlative and current case where jurors have the duty of deciding death penalty.

As this site purges its news stories shortly after publishing, please allow me to share more than what is usually accepted.




Second jury deliberates in death penalty trial for two former Marines

By Lori Fowler

lori.fowler@ inlandnewspapers.com @IECourtsNow on Twitter

Posted: 06/19/2013 08:52:26 PM PDT
Updated: 06/19/2013 08:52:56 PM PDT

RIVERSIDE -- Jurors began deliberating Wednesday in the death penalty trial for two former Marines guilty of killing Marine Sgt. Jan Pietrzak and his wife Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak.

Emrys John, 23, and Tyrone Miller, 25, were convicted on June 5 of two counts of first-degree murder. Jurors also found true the special circumstances of murder during the commission of a robbery, during the commission of a burglary and multiple murders.

John and Miller had a separate trial from a third defendant in the case, Kevin Cox. Cox was convicted of the same charges, and a jury came back with a verdict in his death penalty phase last week. A judge sealed that verdict and will read it at the same time he reads John and Miller's.

But before jurors were sent back to decide if John and Miller should receive the death penalty or life without the possibility of parole, they heard closing arguments from all three lawyers.

"How much sympathy is issued to (the defendants)?," Deputy District Attorney Daniel DeLimon asked. "Why should men like this get to develop their minds, read, make friends, have relationships with their families - when all that was taken from Sgt. Pietrzak and Quiana?"

On Oct. 15, 2008, Jan Pietrzak, 24, and Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, were found murdered inside their home in the unincorporated community of Winchester. They were bound with tape and had been shot in the head.

Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak was raised in Ontario, went to Ayala High School and was a graduate student at Cal State San Bernardino when she was killed.

DeLimon said the defendants went to the home to rob the couple. They forced their way inside, physically assaulted the man, sexually assaulted the woman and then murdered both.

When they were done, the men poured alcohol and gasoline inside the house to try and light the property on fire.

As they smelled gasoline, "What was it like to know the end was coming and there was no escape?," DeLimon asked.
Sad
He reminded the jury that in the last phase of the trial, they found John and Miller responsible for the worst aspects of the crime - they convicted John of shooting the gun and Miller of sexual assault.

DeLimon showed the same slide show from Cox's closing arguments, which contained pictures of both victims as they grew up and with their families. It showed their accomplishments and their evolving relationship, as well as their wedding, the crime scene and their funeral.

At the end, DeLimon asked jurors to return the strongest penalty allowed by law - death.

"That's the only just verdict owed to those men," he said.

But John and Miller's attorneys pleaded for their clients lives.

"If you let him live, he could be the guy who teaches others (in prison) to read and write, calm other people down, run he library, help others with their appeal," John's attorney, John Hemmer, said.Very Happy Cell No

"He could still be of some good if you allow him to go to prison for the rest of his life. He will be an asset if you let him live."

Mitch Haddad said his client, Miller, made two mistakes the day of the murders - going to the house and what he allowed to occur or what he participated in.

"For that, the question is now - do you give him the ultimate punishment?," Haddad asked the jurors.

"Ask yourselves - can I live with the decision if I say death? Can I live with the fact that someday a needle will go into his arm and he will cease to take a breath?"

Haddad encouraged the alternative sentence - life in prison without the possibility of parole.

"If you think living in a prison cell for the rest of your life is any kind of holiday, it's not," he said. "It's a dangerous, problematic experience...in some ways it's worse than the death penalty."

Jurors for John and Miller will continue deliberating Thursday.

A fourth defendant in this case, Kesaun Sykes, 26, is expected to start his trial in August.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_23497377/second-jury-deliberates-death-penalty-trial-two-former
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Pic of our damsel in distress in STRIPES and CHAINS. Very Happy
Jodi Arias sentencing: No ruling from judge on postponement of penalty phase


Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-sentencing-judge-to-consider-postponement-of-penalty-phase#ixzz2WmTAatwJ

Still that smug, self-righteous look on her face.
What a mess she is.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:05 pm

The best part - besides the prison attire - were the 4 SWAT officers in heavy combat gear "escorting" chica every step...in fact, one female sheriff's deputy had her hand firmly in JA's belt at her back and walked/guided her steps.  Something tells me the JA flirty treatment won't work on these guys Laughing
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by gsweater on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Absolutely love this video.  No commentary or anything, simply the clanking of chains.  Music to my ears.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2495020788001

gsweater

Posts : 199
Join date : 2013-03-04
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:25 pm



Jodi Arias wears stripes and shackles in court
http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/06/20/jodi-arias-prison-stripes-court-status-hearing

11 picture slideshow from today's hearing
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 pm

justanopinion wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:


WTH? I my own humble opinion, this jury for whatever reasons could not get their act together and agree on a penalty for stabby. THEY ARE DONE---OUT OF IT! Honestly, I don't want to hear any more from any of them, frankly. I don't see why any of them should be allowed at the above mentioned meeting!!!
NONE of this concerns them anymore. They did their job to the best that their consciences could allow, and now it's time to BUT OUT, and let a new jury take on the task ahead.
If the first jury members want to "see it through", let them follow it on TV like everyone else!

Agreed to some extent... if I am not mistaken these 3 would have voted DP and maybe they feel cheated... just others that the skank has affected negatively. They did sit through that trial in the courtroom for all those long months... we at least got to go get snacks, bathroom breaks etc... when we wanted without asking permission. I just think they may be feeling a little invested and lost... it is tough to change routines when you know the job isn't finished... I don't think they are there in support of Jodi... but to support Justice. my opinion only and yes 18th I am still significantly disgusted that the jurors could not come to a decision, but better that they didn't than the wrong decision and the foreman was definitely not going to change his mind... since it was in the little head (he wanted to rescue the little witch because of it) MOO

I knew that these 2 wanted the DP, but I still don't see how they can be allowed to be a part of this.

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:19 pm

gsweater wrote:Absolutely love this video.  No commentary or anything, simply the clanking of chains.  Music to my ears.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/2495020788001


Yeah, but she still was all chatty with JW, and still had that superior than thou slightly smirky attitude if you ask me...God I hope the judge does NOT grant a continuance in July. I did love the little smile on Juan's face!!! Good to see him with a smile.

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Trueblue on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

I agree 18th Completely with you the jury should not be allowed anywhere near the meeting, they had their chance now it is up to the new jury.      Lovely to see Juan we miss him.   I do hope that the judge does not delay this trial anymore than necessary.
avatar
Trueblue

Posts : 7925
Join date : 2011-09-27
Age : 78
Location : down under
Mood : Cool 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by renatae on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:30 pm

justanopinion wrote:
Freckles wrote:

Bet she lost a few more priveleges!
I had read/heard JA has had 14 "infractions" since she was incarcerated in 2008.
That would be, on the average, 14 in 60 months or about every 4 months she blows it.
And how do you think she would do on parole?  roflao roflao


OMG can't even entertain that thought ... HodiArse on parole... shiver me timbers!! (driving like a mad man to get out of range of Hodi)




-----------------

Sorry, on my phone and can't see the piece of paper thing to separate my post from the quoted one. just had to guffaw about HodiArse. hahaha Ha, that was a great one!
avatar
renatae

Posts : 323
Join date : 2013-04-11
Location : Midwest
Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 pm



Jodi Arias in Court: Smiles and Stripes

Arizona judge schedules another hearing to set date for penalty phase of the trial.

00:42 | 06/20/2013

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-court-smiles-stripes-19449791
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by renatae on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 pm

justanopinion wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:


WTH? I my own humble opinion, this jury for whatever reasons could not get their act together and agree on a penalty for stabby. THEY ARE DONE---OUT OF IT! Honestly, I don't want to hear any more from any of them, frankly. I don't see why any of them should be allowed at the above mentioned meeting!!!
NONE of this concerns them anymore. They did their job to the best that their consciences could allow, and now it's time to BUT OUT, and let a new jury take on the task ahead.
If the first jury members want to "see it through", let them follow it on TV like everyone else!

Agreed to some extent... if I am not mistaken these 3 would have voted DP and maybe they feel cheated... just others that the skank has affected negatively. They did sit through that trial in the courtroom for all those long months... we at least got to go get snacks, bathroom breaks etc... when we wanted without asking permission. I just think they may be feeling a little invested and lost... it is tough to change routines when you know the job isn't finished... I don't think they are there in support of Jodi... but to support Justice. my opinion only and yes 18th I am still significantly disgusted that the jurors could not come to a decision, but better that they didn't than the wrong decision and the foreman was definitely not going to change his mind... since it was in the little head (he wanted to rescue the little witch because of it) MOO



-----------------------


I agree. These are jurors who were pro DP and it's not their fault Mr. Brainless and a couple others had differing opinions. Some people are just going to dig their heels in and aren't amenable to being dissuaded of their opinions. Especially with that idiot in the lead. Him I never want to hear from again. I feel bad for the others. They had a lot invested in this trial and I'm sure they are feeling as bad as anyone else and probably more so that all the time they invested in this nearly went to waste. At least they did find her guilty with aggravation and no do over on that!
.
avatar
renatae

Posts : 323
Join date : 2013-04-11
Location : Midwest
Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by renatae on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 pm

Oh, and plus the fact it seemed to royally PO Hairyass. That was a boon in itself, LOL She did another stare down, poor thing. She has no control over the audience. Must drive her nuts. Hehe. Nurmi hated it, too. Anything that upsets this crew is good in my book.
avatar
renatae

Posts : 323
Join date : 2013-04-11
Location : Midwest
Mood : Praying

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:03 am

I still totally disagree with those jurors being at this meeting. I don't care if they voted for the DP or not. Their job is done. At this point they are spectators in the process just like the rest of us, and can follow the progress on TV. I do NOT think they deserve special treatment or being allowed to be privy to a meeting involving future proceedings in the new penalty phase of this trial. MOO.

I am royally miffed that all of the sudden we NOW see Hodi in the stripes and chains. What has changed since she was found guilty of murder one, AND of cruelty? Nothing. She was allowed to go to the FIRST penalty phase in a silk blouse and no chains. IMO, that was wrong, wrong, wrong. She should have been brought into court for the first penalty phase just as she was today. I think that would have reminded the jurors that she was a dangerous, psychopatic, convicted killer, and NOT a "victim" or a "frail young woman"!
Geesh!
There is just no consistency in this trial. She should have had to give her statement to the jury dressed in prison stripes. She is NOT the victim, and it is obvious that at least one juror lost sight of that, and even had the temerity to refer to the REAL victim, Travis Alexander, as "the dead guy"!
I hope that we do not have a repeat of Hodi smirking in her chair during the penalty re-do, again being allowed in street clothes. If anything, the fact that then the courtroom will be packed with more people should definitely dictate that she be brought in in prison clothing and with guards.

Both hubby and I discussed this and we both came to the same conclusion that we feel the fact that Jodi was in civilian clothing prancing around the courtroom with her power point presentation during penalty phase number 1, rather than in prison clothing and shackles sent a subconscious message---the wrong one---to all present.

I also feel exasperated with JSS at this point, dragging this out again and again. Her deference and special allowances to the defense during the trial was one thing, but now that JA has already been convicted, I thing it is appalling that Juan, Flores, and mostly the Alexanders have to suffer more fruitless delays and emotional turmoil, and all because Jodi, Nurmi, and Wilmot are doing nothing more THAN PLAYING GAMES.

(Oh, and PS, I saw a video of Jodi being brought into court yesterday and she is looking around and SMILING, not looking very "pissed" to me.)

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:31 am

I know the delays in this trial are frustrating, but I wanted to share/paraphrase what AZlawyer @ WS responded when asked about delays, potential bias of JSS toward defense, etc.  AZL works within the Maricopa County Superior Court system so she is familar with that court's protocol...she says this is normal; there are no delays.  She explained that yesterday was a status conference, not a hearing, and the status was that a motion had been filed and the judge needed to set a hearing date which she did.  AZL said probably a reply brief hadn't been filed yet, and wasn't even due yet.  She said all this is normal legal procedure.  Her final comment was that JSS is not biased in favor of the defense and she is puzzled why people think that.
 
I always learn so much going to the legal thread....and just wanted to pass this along FWIW!!

P.S.  Many of you know that it was AZL together with JWG that cracked the undisclosed computer search of "foolproof suffication" in Caylee's case.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 am

Weeziethm,

The prosecutor already filed a motion opposing the defense's motion to delay/postpone the penalty phase until January 2014.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:58 am

Happy Father's Day to our guys here and hubbys of all my peeps! (Even if they're just 'dads' of dogs!!!)
Enjoy:

http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com/2013/06/dog-days-of-summer-two-very-cool-pooches_19.html

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by gsweater on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:45 pm

FTW!  Remix of the verdict.




Too bad they didn't get the clank skank's chain effects in there.  Laughing

gsweater

Posts : 199
Join date : 2013-03-04
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:56 pm

gsweater wrote:FTW!  Remix of the verdict.




Too bad they didn't get the clank skank's chain effects in there.  Laughing


Thanks, G! Actually, I had tears in my eyes. I just thank God for people like Juan with the dedication and commitment to do what he does despite all the drudgery, bullshit, sometimes thanklessness, etc. Hope he's feeling rested up a little and he wins the DP in round #2.
I am sure he will really like this...

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by hello clarice on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi 18th. Thank you so much for posting the 'photo's of your cute 'lil angels! You and your hubby must be very special peeps for them to have chosen you to be ma and pa! Congrats Razz
avatar
hello clarice

Posts : 281
Join date : 2012-06-01
Location : Canada
Mood : Scared

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:18 pm

hello clarice wrote:Hi 18th. Thank you so much for posting the 'photo's of your cute 'lil angels! You and your hubby must be very special peeps for them to have chosen you to be ma and pa! Congrats Razz


Thanks!!! We sure do love em!

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Pianist on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:50 pm

18thcenturylady wrote:I still totally disagree with those jurors being at this meeting. I don't care if they voted for the DP or not. Their job is done. At this point they are spectators in the process just like the rest of us, and can follow the progress on TV. I do NOT think they deserve special treatment or being allowed to be privy to a meeting involving future proceedings in the new penalty phase of this trial. MOO.

I am royally miffed that all of the sudden we NOW see Hodi in the stripes and chains. What has changed since she was found guilty of murder one, AND of cruelty? Nothing. She was allowed to go to the FIRST penalty phase in a silk blouse and no chains. IMO, that was wrong, wrong, wrong. She should have been brought into court for the first penalty phase just as she was today. I think that would have reminded the jurors that she was a dangerous, psychopatic, convicted killer, and NOT a "victim" or a "frail young woman"!
Geesh!
There is just no consistency in this trial. She should have had to give her statement to the jury dressed in prison stripes. She is NOT the victim, and it is obvious that at least one juror lost sight of that, and even had the temerity to refer to the REAL victim, Travis Alexander, as "the dead guy"!
I hope that we do not have a repeat of Hodi smirking in her chair during the penalty re-do, again being allowed in street clothes. If anything, the fact that then the courtroom will be packed with more people should definitely dictate that she be brought in in prison clothing and with guards.

Both hubby and I discussed this and we both came to the same conclusion that we feel the fact that Jodi was in civilian clothing prancing around the courtroom with her power point presentation during penalty phase number 1, rather than in prison clothing and shackles sent a subconscious message---the wrong one---to all present.

I also feel exasperated with JSS at this point, dragging this out again and again. Her deference and special allowances to the defense during the trial was one thing, but now that JA has already been convicted, I thing it is appalling that Juan, Flores, and mostly the Alexanders have to suffer more fruitless delays and emotional turmoil, and all because Jodi, Nurmi, and Wilmot are doing nothing more THAN PLAYING GAMES.

(Oh, and PS, I saw a video of Jodi being brought into court yesterday and she is looking around and SMILING, not looking very "pissed" to me.)

I was thrilled when Jodi was in shackles and prison garb. I too was thinking it would have been great if she had them on for the whole trial but I read on another thread today that it is because when a person has not been convicted the Supreme Court said it is too prejudicial because the person is to be presumed innocent until found guilty. Well she was found guilty so I guess these are her clothes now. It made sense to me as to the reason. I am glad the post was there. It cleared up my thinking.
avatar
Pianist

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-03-20
Age : 74
Location : On the beach in Florida
Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:51 pm

Did anyone notice how nicely the silver-ish waist chain accessorized her gray and white striped outfit? The theme was carried out in her wrist bracelets.  The ankle bracelets, however, while she might have felt a need for them for her own security, seemed a bit repetitive. 

Perhaps, changing the links on the bracelets to a snake pattern or even a rope design would have enhanced the overall appearance of her outfit.

I was hoping to see some printing on the blouse. Maybe something like, "CONVICTED" would have been nice. (This younger generation is so into wearing printed messages on  their tops they often look like walking billboards. ) CONVICTED would have been a pleasant compliment to the tee shirt she "designed" that read, "SURVIVOR."

JA needs to get out in the sun just a wee bit. All those hours staying indoors have left her looking rather wan. A touch of color on the cheeks and the lips would have enhanced her features; perhaps, a nice blood red would have suited her? (Blood red. Hmmm. Wasn't it Bobby who was into the the blood red of the vampire? I wonder if he ever spoke of a fantasy of driving a stake thru a heart.... )
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Mylife101 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:28 am

OMG!!!

Freckles....you have me literaly LOL. Very Happy

 It's been a while since you shared a fashion analysis with us, and I wasn't expecting an analysis of how best to wear jail garb. Hoping no one I know ever needs this helpful advice...but, I will keep it in mind just in case.
avatar
Mylife101

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2013-02-25
Location : Phoenix, Arizona

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Freckles on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 am

MyLife-
lol!  Actually, Wilmott got my attention first.
She is stil messing with her do-it-yourself home hair coloring.
I wish she would get an ash block.
Her hair is a bit lighter (as in peroxided!) but it REALLY brings out the green!
An ash block would keep that green out and allow other highlights to shine thru.

As a "professional" woman, I would think she would ASK;the product company has a phone number on the product box. Simple as [picking up her cell phone and placing a call.

IF she is uncomfortable calling, then she could just ask JA!
That's one person who knows her ways around the rinses and the dyes.

BTW, in the vid of the last  court appearance, Wilmott is STILL sporting those heavy and bulky appearing suits. She needs to UPDATE  that wardrobe with some lighter fabrics, uncluttered appearances, and summer colors. Those heavy suits with the extra padding in the collars or with the shoulder pads is so passe. (Bet she sweats like a race horse in the summer in Arizona! Heavy duty anti-perspirant is probably ordered by the case... Hopefully it doesn't class with her summer cologne fragrance. )
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16524
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by auman58 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:13 am

Freckles wrote:MyLife-
lol!  Actually, Wilmott got my attention first.
She is stil messing with her do-it-yourself home hair coloring.
I wish she would get an ash block.
Her hair is a bit lighter (as in peroxided!) but it REALLY brings out the green!
An ash block would keep that green out and allow other highlights to shine thru.

As a "professional" woman, I would think she would ASK;the product company has a phone number on the product box. Simple as [picking up her cell phone and placing a call.

IF she is uncomfortable calling, then she could just ask JA!
That's one person who knows her ways around the rinses and the dyes.

BTW, in the vid of the last  court appearance, Wilmott is STILL sporting those heavy and bulky appearing suits. She needs to UPDATE  that wardrobe with some lighter fabrics, uncluttered appearances, and summer colors. Those heavy suits with the extra padding in the collars or with the shoulder pads is so passe. (Bet she sweats like a race horse in the summer in Arizona! Heavy duty anti-perspirant is probably ordered by the case... Hopefully it doesn't class with her summer cologne fragrance. )

She has a new hairstyle that really exposes her bleach-ridden bald spot, bless her heart.
avatar
auman58

Posts : 572
Join date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Freckles wrote:From my share above:

" @chriswnews 2m

Was told #TravisAlexander aunt only family member expected in gallery. Sis Samantha to attend via phone. Family civil atty here.


RT @chriswnews Never seen a #JodiArias escort like this. #Arias walked to chambers her shackles making a racket "

I am curious as to the "family civil atty" who is present.
Any guesses on that?

Made my day with the comment of, "her shackles making a racket."
Very Happy :bounce:Let's see JA doing some jumping jacks with those "leg weights" she is now showing... !

Hi Freckles,
I know who the family attorney is but I can't recall his name. He is an Az. atty. who is representing the Alexanders in the civil suit they have already filed against Hodi for wrongful death. I believe his first name is Jay.

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by 18thcenturylady on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Pianist wrote:
18thcenturylady wrote:I still totally disagree with those jurors being at this meeting. I don't care if they voted for the DP or not. Their job is done. At this point they are spectators in the process just like the rest of us, and can follow the progress on TV. I do NOT think they deserve special treatment or being allowed to be privy to a meeting involving future proceedings in the new penalty phase of this trial. MOO.

I am royally miffed that all of the sudden we NOW see Hodi in the stripes and chains. What has changed since she was found guilty of murder one, AND of cruelty? Nothing. She was allowed to go to the FIRST penalty phase in a silk blouse and no chains. IMO, that was wrong, wrong, wrong. She should have been brought into court for the first penalty phase just as she was today. I think that would have reminded the jurors that she was a dangerous, psychopatic, convicted killer, and NOT a "victim" or a "frail young woman"!
Geesh!
There is just no consistency in this trial. She should have had to give her statement to the jury dressed in prison stripes. She is NOT the victim, and it is obvious that at least one juror lost sight of that, and even had the temerity to refer to the REAL victim, Travis Alexander, as "the dead guy"!
I hope that we do not have a repeat of Hodi smirking in her chair during the penalty re-do, again being allowed in street clothes. If anything, the fact that then the courtroom will be packed with more people should definitely dictate that she be brought in in prison clothing and with guards.

Both hubby and I discussed this and we both came to the same conclusion that we feel the fact that Jodi was in civilian clothing prancing around the courtroom with her power point presentation during penalty phase number 1, rather than in prison clothing and shackles sent a subconscious message---the wrong one---to all present.

I also feel exasperated with JSS at this point, dragging this out again and again. Her deference and special allowances to the defense during the trial was one thing, but now that JA has already been convicted, I thing it is appalling that Juan, Flores, and mostly the Alexanders have to suffer more fruitless delays and emotional turmoil, and all because Jodi, Nurmi, and Wilmot are doing nothing more THAN PLAYING GAMES.

(Oh, and PS, I saw a video of Jodi being brought into court yesterday and she is looking around and SMILING, not looking very "pissed" to me.)

I was thrilled when Jodi was in shackles and prison garb. I too was thinking it would have been great if she had them on for the whole trial but I read on another thread today that it is because when a person has not been convicted the Supreme Court said it is too prejudicial because the person is to be presumed innocent until found guilty. Well she was found guilty so I guess these are her clothes now. It made sense to me as to the reason. I am glad the post was there. It cleared up my thinking.

Hi Pianist!
No, what I was referring to was that for the PENALTY phase of the trial when Jodi gave her 30 min. speech from hell complete with photos, she had ALREADY BEEN CONVICTED OF FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED MURDER AND THE CRUELTY FACTOR! I think it was outrageous that since she had already been found guilty she was STILL wearing street clothing for the sentencing phase!
She was in prison garb the other day, and nothing had changed!
IMO this is just another one of those ridiculous inconsistencies with this trial that should NOT be happening.

18thcenturylady

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #23

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum