George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Freckles wrote:Witness said GZ' truck was not 3/4 m down;
it was parked past the T;
Witness can't recall which street it was on... says it was to the right of the first condo unit.  

State Crosses:
BDLR:
Witness said she had seen Trayvon earlier just walking around;
she never heard his voice; she has heard GZ.

"She says the truck was parked on Retreat View Circle just to the left of the “T” area."

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Re: George Zimmerman -- Trial for the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin --June 10, 2013

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Freckles wrote:Aless-

Did she say WHITE MALE VOICE or LIGHT MALE VOICE?
Need to hear that again.

I'm not certain.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Freckles wrote:Witness is stating GZ should have been taken to the hospital NOT to PD; IF he had died, the family would have sued and WON!  

Hello! GZ REFUSED and EMS indicated the injuries were so minor they did not slap a bandage on it!

Freckles, this brings back very bad memories for me.  My Father was run over by a shopping cart in Walmart.  The employees put him on a furniture truck, rolled him to his car, placed him in the car, and told my Mother to drive him to the hospital.  Of course, my Mother who had Alzheimer's disease got behind the wheel and yes drove him to the hospital.  After my Father DIED a few days later my brother and I approached Walmart and questioned their actions.  Wouldn't you?  The EMS should have been called, no one should have touched him until someone with medical authority saw him.  Walmart said...."your Father wanted my Mother to drive him to the hospital and told us not to call EMS".   Well, based on that they were in the clear.  We lost our Father due to their ineptness. It is true that an injury may be seen by others as "nothing" and the person die from it a couple of days later.

Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:38 pm

4:38

Comment From Mike C
If the seats in the courtroom are awarded to the general public in a lottery-type situation, did Donnelly just get his number picked by chance or was he given a reserved seat?
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:46 pm

Pianist--
I am so sorry for the death of your father.
IMO, Walmart was remiss in NOT calling EMS to evaluate and transport your father to ER for further examination.

IMO, the same could be said for GZ.
He SHOULD have been explained it is customary for transport.

Following an accident where my truck was struck and rolled upside down on a city street, I, too, refused medical treatment; I wanted life to be normal and viewed the EMS as ambulance chasers as I had no visible injuries. Later, on my own, I did go to the hospital and have X-rays looking for neck/back injuries. (I was treated for shock...for several weeks.)

IMO, had the injuries to GZ been more visibly apparent an ambulance might have been called. This goes to the appearance of the injury.

There NEEDS to be a STANDARD of care that is adhered to.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Daubert Hearing:
Shumaker is on stand w/out jury present

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Zimmerman attorneys say they may finish Wednesday

July 9, 2013

By MIKE SCHNEIDER and KYLE HIGHTOWER
Associated Press

SANFORD, Fla. — An expert on gunshot wounds hired by the defense testified Tuesday that George Zimmerman's account of how he fatally shot Trayvon Martin is consistent with the forensic evidence as defense attorneys started wrapping up their presentation.

Dr. Vincent DiMaio said that the trajectory of the bullet and gun powder on Martin's body support Zimmerman's version that Martin was on top of him when Zimmerman fired his gun into Martin's chest. The gun's muzzle was against Martin's clothing and it was anywhere from two to four inches from Martin's skin, he said.

~Snipped~

Under cross-examination, DiMaio conceded that the gunshot could also be consistent with Martin pulling away from Zimmerman, and that he didn't rely on statements from some Zimmerman neighbors who say Zimmerman was on top of Martin to reach his conclusion. The pathologist, who also has testified at the murder trials of Illinois police sergeant Drew Peterson and record producer Phil Spector, said he had been paid $2,400 by the defense.

Read more:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/09/4336237/judge-considers-animation-at-zimmerman.html#storylink=cpy
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

4:54

Comment From scarman
Hey Bill, Bruce is ignoring me, maybe you can answer me. I have three questions: Three questions: First, the voice experts were not allowed to testify yet we have several non experts testifying on both sides. Why is that? Secondly were the experts equally denied from both the prosecution and the defense or were they only prosecution witnesses? Last, I understand that Zimmerman's use of prescription drugs would be allowed into evidence possibly if the THC in Trayvon's blood tests from the toxicology reports were admitted into evidence. Is that true from your knowledge?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

Evidence hearing

4:46 p.m.

Mantei begins cross examining Daniel Schumaker as part of a Daubert hearing for admission of animation evidence.

4:21 p.m.

The jury is dismissed for the evening. The court will recess for 10 minutes and then they will take up the animation issue.

Court will be back at 8 a.m. to address issues with witness Donnelly.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/7/9/zimmerman_day_21.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:58 pm

4:57

Kathi Belich, WFTV@KBelichWFTV
Shumaker used body doubles for the animation video. He found people of similar height, but did not measure their arms. #Zimmermanon9

Comment From Meghan
Pam it matters - you cannot instigate a fight, start to lose that fight, and then kill the other person in self defense. This all comes down to "who initiated the physical altercation" really...

Comment From Rose
Those saying TM turned around and attacked zimmerman need to show the evidence that proves this... The presence of injuries alone does NOT mean Martin caused them... For all we know these are self inflicted... He could have done that to himself after the fact

Comment From JKM
Gateway issue is going to be self-defense. If the jury buys self-defense, then GZ is not guilty. If they do not buy self defense, then manslaughter (including involuntary manslaugter) is on the table. I cannot see the judge even putting murder 2 to the jury as the prosecution does not have a prima facie case for murder.

4:58

Comment From NanaKate
@Bill Shaffer did GZ's phone records come into evidence? Who was he talking to after the shooting, it was NOT 911 and it was NOT his wife, who was it?

http://www.wftv.com/s/zimmerman-livestream/
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:59 pm

4:59

Bill Sheaffer:
HearBothSides; you misunderstood. Greg's question was could jury find GZ guilty and if so, how? I said for that to happen, they would believe Rachel Jenteal's testimony that made GZ the aggressor and the shooting was not justified based on self-defense.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:02 pm

5:01

Kathi Belich, WFTV@KBelichWFTV
Schumaker says he adjusted his animation based on what #GeorgeZimmerman's attorneys told him. #Zimmermanon9
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:03 pm

5:02

Comment From Please Listen -
@ NanaKate - all the protest about George was because the police did not follow SOP with George. They did not take toxicology, they did not take his clothes, they didn't take his cell phone, they didn't even do the DNA - the Sanford Police just said "thanks George you can go now" Police Cheif announced cased was closed. That is what turned it inntoo a racial thing. The Sanford Police failed Trayvon.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:04 pm

---He has altered/changed the animation at least twice based upon instructions from Dteam and reports from court witnesses...

Takes coroner's reports, discovery, bullet trajectory, etc.
(He massages it to fit the Dteam, IMO)
He took the testimony from Jeremy Wineburg; Jennifer Lauer, John Good, and another witness...
he used the testimony of criminal discovery... to create the animation.

Judge: States it must be based on trial evidence or witness statements in court

Witness: Jennifer Lauer's testimony

State: He is really questioning the witness...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Pianist wrote:
Freckles wrote:Witness is stating GZ should have been taken to the hospital NOT to PD; IF he had died, the family would have sued and WON!  

Hello! GZ REFUSED and EMS indicated the injuries were so minor they did not slap a bandage on it!

Freckles, this brings back very bad memories for me.  My Father was run over by a shopping cart in Walmart.  The employees put him on a furniture truck, rolled him to his car, placed him in the car, and told my Mother to drive him to the hospital.  Of course, my Mother who had Alzheimer's disease got behind the wheel and yes drove him to the hospital.  After my Father DIED a few days later my brother and I approached Walmart and questioned their actions.  Wouldn't you?  The EMS should have been called, no one should have touched him until someone with medical authority saw him.  Walmart said...."your Father wanted my Mother to drive him to the hospital and told us not to call EMS".   Well, based on that they were in the clear.  We lost our Father due to their ineptness.  It is true that an injury may be seen by others as "nothing" and the person die from it a couple of days later.

Gosh how aweful for your family pianist! So sorry you lost your dad that way.It was my understanding though that a company such as Walmart should call EMS at times like this and only then after the patient refuses transport are they not liable..if that is not the case then it sure as heck should be.
carlakay

Mood : Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Judge scolds MOM. Says she will explain what trial evidence is but MOM is leading the witness...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:20 pm

Animation was done before the case went to trial.
He used info from the attys, MOM and West.
He used posts filed, 911 call...
He built the animation from what people heard, NOT what they saw.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Evidence hearing

5:10 p.m.

Schumaker says the animation was adjusted to testimony in court, but he didn’t hear it or observe it himself.

Mantei says part of the animation shows Martin and Zimmerman approach each other, but no one jumps out of a bush.

“There was no evidence,” Schumaker says.

Mantei points out the plotting of various items like the flashlight and the sprinkler boxes, but the animation zooms with an arrow to a place 40 feet away showing the figures bound up together.

Schumaker says that shows the movement based on reports and the trail of evidence.

He says the arrow moves them from one witnessed event to the next witnessed event.

Mantei asks how tall Jon Good is.

Schumaker says he is 6-foot-tall based on information he received from the attorneys.

5:04 p.m.

Schumaker explains the accelerometers on the suit and the signal they send to his laptop.

He says there were two prior versions adjusted for more accuracy according to the witnesses.

He did not see courtroom testimony.

Mantei asks if he adjusted them based on what Zimmerman’s attorneys told him was said in court.

“Yes,” he says.

Schumaker says he takes coroner’s reports, discovery, specifics at the scene, Total Station data and his findings of the scene to put it into context.

Mantei asks which testimony was incorporated into the animation.

Schumaker mentions Jeremy Weinberg.

He says Lauer’s, Good’s and Mora’s testimony was used.

Judge Nelson says it must be trial testimony or evidence incorporated into the animation.

Schumaker says it was Lauer’s testimony.

Mantei asks about the visual depiction because Lauer only heard what happened.

The court tries to track down a noisy vibrating phone.

4:56 p.m.

Mantei asks Schumaker if he ever had to use the suit to capture a physical fight between two people for a court case before a jury.

Schumaker names a Greenburg case and says he had to determine the position of two people involved in a shooting.

Mantei says he wants to focus on testimony before a court.

Schumaker says the suit he used has been accepted into court in two other cases.

This is the first one with close contact, he says.

Mantei asks about his company being the only one to use the suit for reconstruction purposes.

Schumaker says there are a limited number of them.

He says the suit was calibrated at the factory and he calibrates it when he uses it.

Schumaker says height for the person wearing the suit is not that important to match the victim.

Mantei asks if he knew the person’s height and weight.

Schumaker says it wasn’t relevant, but they were similar stature to the people he was trying to represent.

Mantei asks about the length of their arms and legs.

Schumaker says he didn’t measure their arms.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/7/9/zimmerman_day_21.html
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Shumaker matched actions by John Good with the telephone call by Lauer... Mantei is wanting to know WHERE did he get the info as the two are NOT in the same vicinity.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm

5:22

Comment From JosieBell
This guy is nothing more than a hired gun for the defense...he just stated that he was told by the defense what to put in the animation...put a fork in it!

---IMO, too much supposition, "writer's license" by Shumaker.
Not true evidence.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:30 pm

agreed Freckles..why did judge even allow this?

good grief never mind..just now realized it's a hearing..I am tryin to use a gas grill for the first time so only poppin in and out..bet my chicken burns!

Last edited by carlakay on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Evidence hearing

5:25 p.m.

Schumaker explains that he could back track from the gunshot as to when Good went out and went back in.

Mantei says he wants to focus on the audio played over video based on nothing more than estimations.

“By the person who was witnessing it,” Schumaker responds.

“I don’t think it has to be specific to the exact word that she was saying,” he says in answer to Mantei’s question about exactness.

Schumaker says it is a scenario based on consultation with the attorneys.

“The purpose of him involved in the animation isn’t so much whether he was outside… Its putting him into the location and showing what he was able to see at that time,” Schumaker says.

Mantei asks about the portion of the animation that shows Good leave, but the figures can still be seen on the ground and what witness testimony is being relied on.

Schumaker says it is based on Zimmerman’s testimony.

5:18 p.m.

Mantei asks if the animation shows artificial light.

Schumaker says that is correct.

He says the most important thing on the video is seeing detail.

Other people can testify to the lighting conditions, Schumaker adds.

He says it was prior to the trial, but based on police reports and interviews for placement of the people.

He says he read three handwritten witness statements.

Mantei asks about the use of Lauer’s 911 call, but the showing of actions of everyone else.

Mantei asks if he was told Good stated where he was during Lauer’s 911 call.

Schumaker says there was no in court testimony about it, but he consulted with the attorneys.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:37 pm

Since Shumaker did work on the Spector trial, I wonder if he has worked with Dr. Di M before... ???
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pianist on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:42 pm

carlakay wrote:
Pianist wrote:

Freckles, this brings back very bad memories for me.  My Father was run over by a shopping cart in Walmart.  The employees put him on a furniture truck, rolled him to his car, placed him in the car, and told my Mother to drive him to the hospital.  Of course, my Mother who had Alzheimer's disease got behind the wheel and yes drove him to the hospital.  After my Father DIED a few days later my brother and I approached Walmart and questioned their actions.  Wouldn't you?  The EMS should have been called, no one should have touched him until someone with medical authority saw him.  Walmart said...."your Father wanted my Mother to drive him to the hospital and told us not to call EMS".   Well, based on that they were in the clear.  We lost our Father due to their ineptness.  It is true that an injury may be seen by others as "nothing" and the person die from it a couple of days later.

Gosh how aweful for your family pianist! So sorry you lost your dad that way.It was my understanding though that a company such as Walmart should call EMS at times like this and only then after the patient refuses transport are they not liable..if that is not the case then it sure as heck should be.

You are right. We wanted to sue Walmart but an individual fighting that big org. would be like David and Goliath. We would run out of money as our lawyer said because Walmart would stall and stall. I was p..... AND will never understand why they did what they did. Thanks for your comments. Both you and Freckles.
Pianist

Mood : Cloud 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Evidence hearing

5:47 p.m.

Judge Nelson asks to interrupt. She says she saw it briefly on a computer, but it would be helpful to have it on the screen.

5:44 p.m.

Mantei asks about the second deposition and shows him a page from it.

Schumaker says it says in consultation with the attorney he left the gun out.

He says it was not the purpose of this video.

Mantei asks if the video omits the gun.

Schumaker says that is correct because it wasn’t the purpose.

Mantei asks about the conditions when the people in the suits were recorded and if they were moving in a rapid pace.

O’Mara objects that the video doesn’t show movement.

Schumaker says it wasn’t raining, the grass wasn’t wet and other physical items were out there.

He says he measured the areas from the drain boxes and the sprinkler boxes to get the correct position.

Schumaker says its best to record the action at the scene for better interaction.

He says they laid out markers.

Mantei asks about the shell casing’s proximity to the third location.

5:33 p.m.

Schumaker says he needed physical evidence of the positioning of the bodies when the shot went off.

He says he based it off his conversation with Dr. Di Maio.

He says the purpose of the final positioning is to show who is on top and on the bottom.

Schumaker says the animation depicts the position according to Dr. Di Maio’s findings.

He says he wasn’t showing bullet trajectory, so there was no rod used in the animation.

Schumaker says that wasn’t the purpose of the animation.

He says he doesn’t believe he was told to purposely leave the gun out of the animation.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:01 pm

Freckles wrote:Since Shumaker did work on the Spector trial, I wonder if he has worked with Dr. Di M before... ???

"Schumaker says he needed physical evidence of the positioning of the bodies when the shot went off.

He says he based it off his conversation with Dr. Di Maio."

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:02 pm

Shumaker is beginning to have that deer-in-the-headlights look...

6:01

Comment From out west
Hummm wonder how George got 50 feet down the path when he didn't follow. think maybe he circled the entire building and came from the other way which freaked out Trayvon ya' know because he has been told his whole life about stranger danger Ya' know the skittles teenage mutant ninja killer!

6:05

Comment From guest
Rachel said Trayvon was by his Daddy's fiance's house, so how did he get 300 ft. back up to the T?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by carlakay on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 pm

ok was this witness doing the rapid blinking during direct too? If not I think they maybe should of left this tidbit out.
carlakay

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Ok. Way too much guessing, speculating, fine tuning to make it fit some scenario the attys wanted; no real evidence or true portrayal of what was really said or found or did. Just Shumaker's interpretation. And boy, is it LOADED with errors!

I would hope logic would strike this down!

It is a wild theory without foundation.

JMO
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Mantei asked Schumaker if he depicted Trayvon in his animation as left handed.

This is very convenient because Zimmerman said that his gun was holstered on the right side of his body.

Sybrina testified that Trayvon was right handed.

Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:12 pm

IMO, this is a low budget wanna-be Hollywood producer and director...

Garbage in is garbage out.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Evidence hearing

6:02 p.m.

The animation is shown on the screen.

Schumaker says some of the initial portion from Zimmerman’s walk-through at the “T” intersection was used, but the witness statements were used for the rest.

He says it was used in conjunction with Lauer’s testimony.

Mantei asks about validation done for the software programs.

Schumaker says he didn’t find any inaccuracies in the software or measurements.

Mantei asks if he was directing the people’s movements.

Schumaker says yes.

Mantei asks if it is another estimation.

This is just portraying one person coming up and striking another, Schumaker says.

He says it is his reconstruction based on discovery, the motion capture-suit data, and fine-tuning it with consultation with the attorneys.

Schumaker confirms all the court testimony was “funneled” through the lawyers.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:19 pm

EXCELLENT OBSERVATION!!!

6:17

Comment From Please Listen-
According to the DNA evidence it is impossible for that screaming to have come from George. George was punched in the nose - fell to the ground which would force blood down the back of George's throat. Blood pooling in his throat would cause coughing and gagging, if George was able to vocalize at all he would have spit blood all over Trayvon including on his face. DNA evidence says there was no ne of George's blood found on Trayvon.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Evidence hearing

6:22 p.m.

Schumaker says he used the arrow to show the direction the figures moved in to avoid creating anything not documented by witnesses.

He says the initial position came from Jon Good. The second position also came from Good.

The first event is the first visual Good had.

Schumaker says the approach of Martin is based on Zimmerman’s testimony. The confrontation is based on Zimmerman’s walk-through and multiple witness statements. The arrow shows the movement without the actual figures seen.

He says the Good’s position was modified after refinement he made in court and consultation with O’Mara and West.

The animation shows the viewpoint from Good’s back patio.

Lauer’s 911 call begins. Schumaker says he was able to relate Good’s testimony and Lauer’s call by the sound of the gunshot.

6:13 p.m.

O’Mara redirects starting with a question about the motion-capture suits.

Schumaker says the suit has been used to record someone skydiving before.

He says he has never waited until a trial is over to do an animation.

Schumaker says the consultations with O’Mara and West were based on court testimony.

He says he likes to start an animation as soon as he can ahead of trial.

Schumaker acknowledges the animation is an estimation.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Evidence hearing

6:29 p.m.

Mantei objects to a leading question.

Judge Nelson says she also has a question about Good calling 911 about the time of the gunshot and if it was used in the creation.

Schumaker says he used Good’s estimation from how long it took him to get up and make his call.

O’Mara asks if that would help calibrate the animation to be more refined.

Schumaker says he wouldn’t be able to re-render that animation but could do a marking to indicate it.

O’Mara points out would only change the audio track of Lauer’s call, not the actual animation.

Schumaker says it would affect the time Good went back into the condo.

O’Mara says he doesn’t want to miss an opportunity to inquire.

Judge Nelson points out the times Good mentioned in testimony.

She says she doesn’t know how long he was in the house before the gunshot and dialing 911, and the problem relating to it is the use of Lauer’s 911 call in conjunction with Good’s testimony.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:43 pm

carlakay wrote:ok was this witness doing the rapid blinking during direct too? If not I think they maybe should of left this tidbit out.
He is really twitching now. It is even pulling up the right facial muscles...

Oh-oh. Witness was changing parts of the vid based upon John Good's statements AFTER he had testified;
witness was subject to recall and admonished not to talk with attys, etc.
Further, State was NOT informed of the witnesses sharing info or sharing info WITH atty present to come up with the animation.

Judge caught this and is NOT happy.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:44 pm

6:42

Comment From Guest
He had access to a witness in sequestration? WOW! Wow! Wow! Trouble!!!
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Shumaker made notes... he looked back.
State questioned whether Shumacker has more notes from Dr. DM...
Apparently, these notes were NOT disclosed to the court!

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:02 pm

7:02

Comment From bob@homeButgrasscut:)
Bruce at WFTV: Hard to say. I'm thinking, based on her conversation with the defense, that she might not favor letting this animation in.,,,,she is listening intently,, i think she knows this is historic precident.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Witness Shumacker is excused;
Judge called for arguments.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:07 pm

7:06

Comment From Alfred
Regardless of who called Good, the Defense obviously and admittedly tampered with the witness.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Mantei asked Schumaker if he depicted Trayvon in his animation as left handed.

This is very convenient because Zimmerman said that his gun was holstered on the right side of his body.

Sybrina testified that Trayvon was right handed.
Judge is now asking about this!!
GZ said it was left handed.
There is NO evidence in record it was a L/H punch, according to the Judge.

MOM states testimony from Dr. RAO punch came in from L/ to R/ due to where the abrasion was.
MOM states there is NO evidence to show he could NOT have used the L/hand...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:14 pm

MOM is really pandering to the court trying to get this animation in.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Judge:
Lauer did not testify she saw anything;
Shumacker states the figures at the T was based upon her testimony.
None of know what she saw--- only what she heard.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Mantei:
Burden is on the Dteam to present his evidence.
1. Theory or technique can be tested;
2. Review and retested to be reliable...
etc...

Witness has never testified with this type of animation by his own testimony.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Decision in AM re animation.

____

West wants to proffer and judge just wants to see what is coming in.
Re Trayvon's phone texts, vids, pics...Judge keeps asking West for his notes... He does a "paper shuffle" dropping papers on the table, picking up some, leaving others, dropping again, etc...

BTW, I see nothing wrong with a male asking his older brother, "When are you going to teach me to fight?" Having raised several sons and associating with their friends, males NEED to know how to develop self-defense. Let's not make wuss' out of ALL the males! School has done a good job making males passive...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:15 pm

This just goes on and on and on...
These people have to be in court tomorrow at 8 AM...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 pm

PROFFER hearing on evidence found on Trayvon's cell phone
Many leave including GZ

Richard Connor
Judge will not take the CV as it is evidence;
evidence goes to the jury...
She has not yet determined he will speak before the jury;

West is arguing to try to get her to take it;
It will be marked ONLY for the hearing and not other evidence

He is an atty in Florida;
he deals with cellphone extractions;
he is certified by a company in their software analysis.

He discovered a "bin file" ?? in Feb/March from Trayvon's phone;
he was able to identify items that had been hidden or deleted from the phone;
he had a report from FDLE; he found additional info the State Atty had not found or shared;
Bin file has a physical image of the cell phone;
He was concerned the State Atty office listed how many items were reported;
He found the picture number was off by over 600 separate images;
he tried to locate regions that were off;
he got an update from FDLE but it did not have these images;
First of June, he got another update report--- this had some of the 600 images.

Connor started putting in key words to try to open closed files;
found additional pics including pics of a handgun, a hand wrapped around the handgun;

IMO, this is a fishing expedition.
Has nothing to do with the actions/interactions between GZ and Trayvon that night. GZ had no knowledge of ANYTHING related to Trayvon.

I am calling it quits here..

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Zimmerman Defense Wants Martin Text Messages as Evidence

July 9, 2013, 10:13 PM
By Jonathan Welsh  

Defense attorneys in the trial of trial of George Zimmerman tried Tuesday to get Trayvon Martin’s text messages and mobile-phone photos, which include exchanges about fighting and possibly acquiring guns, admitted as evidence.

Zimmerman’s attorneys called computer analyst Richard Connor, who read a series of text messages to Judge Debra Nelson in which Martin discusses fistfights at length with a friend. Connor also described photos of a gun that prosecutors suggested Martin was interested in buying or selling.

~Snipped~

Prosecutors said Schumaker’s video is based largely on the defense team’s version of events and represents “a series of estimations” by the animators, according to live courtroom coverage on Fox News. To recreate the fight, Schumaker recorded as people wearing “motion-capture” suits as they reenacted the incident at the crime scene based on witness accounts, police reports, coroner’s photographs and other evidence. The judge said she will give her decision on whether the animation is admissible when court resumes in the morning.

Read more:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/07/09/zimmerman-defense-wants-martin-text-messages-as-evidence/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Zimmerman defense likely will wrap up case Wednesday, attorney says (Video)

Published July 09, 2013 / FoxNews.com

George Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara said Tuesday the defense likely would wrap up its case Wednesday -- but gave no indication if the former neighborhood watch volunteer would take the stand at his murder trial.

O'Mara's statement to Judge Debra Nelson means the trial is reaching its final stages before the jury gets the case.

_Snipped~

DiMaio also testified that Martin likely remained conscious for 10-15 seconds after the shot, and may have been alive for as long as 3 minutes, according to the forensic evidence.

DiMaio stated that he agreed "100 percent" with the firearms examiner, who concluded the weapon was discharged against Martin's clothing; and he explained the gun was fired 2 to 4 inches away from the skin, according to powder tattooing around the wound.

Read more:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/09/11-calls-becoming-heart-zimmerman-trial/#ixzz2YhaLPLk5
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top