Heather Elvis Missing -- 12/18/13 (SC)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Heather Elvis Missing -- 12/18/13 (SC)

Post by One Wonders on Fri May 09, 2014 8:57 pm

May 8, 2014

Tammy Moorer relative reports gunshots fired at her vehicle in Little River area

http://www.myhorrynews.com/article_1dbefdce-d48e-11e3-8103-0017a43b2370.html
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Fri May 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Motion to reconsider bond for Tammy Moorer filed

April 11, 2014  

Motion to reconsider bond for Tammy Moorer filed

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/04/11/4158776/motion-to-reconsider-bond-for.html
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Fri May 09, 2014 9:44 pm

May 07, 2014

Heather Elvis murder suspect to get bond reconsideration hearing

The article has a lot of photos.

http://www.wspa.com/story/25456276/heather-elvis-murder-suspect-to-get-bond-reconsideration-hearing
One Wonders

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Prayer vigil to be held tonight for Myrtle Beach’s Heather Elvis

BY TONYA TROOT
troot@thesunnews.com  July 18, 2014

Holding candles, hundreds gather in prayer during a vigil for Heather Elvis at Peachtree Landing on Monday, Feb. 24, 2014. The vigil sprang out of the news that Sidney and Tammy Moorer were both charged on Monday morning with the murder of Heather Elvis. Elvis was last seen Dec. 17 and last heard from in the early morning of Dec. 18. Her car was found at the landing. The landing is less than four miles from the Moorer home. The Moorers home was searched by law enforcement on Friday. Photo by Janet Blackmon Morgan / jblackmon@thesunnews.com  JANET BLACKMON MORGAN — jblackmon@thesunnews.com

Family and friends will gather from 7 to 9 p.m. Friday for a prayer vigil for Heather Elvis, according to a posting on Facebook.

Area residents are invited to Peachtree Landing in Socastee for the “gathering of those who still support the efforts to find Heather Elvis and a renewal of spirit and hope for those who need want to center their efforts once again,” according to the posting by Terry Elvis, her father.

“This is a perfect time to put aside the past and rekindle friendships, I would like to personally ask that everyone who can come please be there. I have forgiven so many for so much and would love to see the landing packed with people to lift up prayers as one united group,” Terry Elvis said in the posting. “I am also extending an invitation to pray for healing for all family members who are effected by this tragedy no matter which family they are part of. My heart is heavy with so much sorrow and pain, I have seen so many cruel acts and so many hate filled people spewing the foulest language and the worst kind of words and I have no room in my heart to contain the extra weight of these kinds of actions.”

Heather Elvis was last seen the night of Dec. 17 and last heard from early Dec. 18, according to authorities. She was reported missing Dec. 19 after Horry County police found her car, which was registered to her father, parked at the Peachtree boat landing. Elvis’ keys, cellphone and purse were not found in the locked car and she remains missing.

Read more:

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/07/18/4360610/prayer-vigil-to-be-held-tonight.html#storylink=cpy
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:50 pm

This is a big development in Heather's case.  She is still missing, of course, but the murder charges against the Moorer's have been dropped.  All that seems to remain are the kidnapping charges and one obstruction of justice charge against Sidney.  

Begin Snips  Court records show the murder charges against Sidney and Tammy Moorer, 39 and 43, have officially been dropped, along with charges of indecent exposure. An obstruction of justice charge has also been dismissed for Tammy, but one remains against Sidney. However, according to the Horry County Public Index, both still face charges of kidnapping in connection with the Elvis case. The couple has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

We are anxious to get to trial, currently set for June 20, to completely resolve all issues in this case," said Truslow.  [Kirk Truslow, Sidney Moorer's defense attorney]  End snips

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/murder-charges-dropped-against-sidney-tammy-moorer-heather-elvis-case-n536571

Last edited by Nan11 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:39 pm

This is an editorial that is worth a read.

Snip  It’s now nearly two years to the day since Judge John imposed a gag order prohibiting police, prosecutors, defense attorneys and Sidney and Tammy Moorer themselves from publicly discussing the Heather Elvis case. Presumably the purpose was to preserve the Moorers’ right to a fair trial. In actuality, it’s given public officials a fancy permission slip to conduct the public’s business in secret.  End Snip

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_2f07aae0-eae4-11e5-92b5-3f61f5d52cea.html

Well said.  
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:29 pm

It looks like separate trials for the Moorers.  The date for her trial has not been set, but jury selection for his will begin on June 20.

Begin snip  Sidney Moorer will go on trial starting June 20 on the remaining kidnapping and obstruction of justice charges, court documents state.

A trial date for Tammy Moorer has not been set.
 End snip

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/heather_elvis/article_c04901e8-f11f-11e5-bc8b-d3d83aa89ec6.html
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:26 pm

Snipped quote:  Witness testimony began around 4 p.m., Monday in the Sidney Moorer trial, with both saying they believed Heather Elvis was pregnant.

The two witnesses, Jessica Cooke and Jody Davenport, testified they worked with Elvis at the former Tilted Kilt location at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.

From there, they talked about a relationship that began between Elvis and Moorer, who also worked at the Titled Kilt as a maintenance employee.

During the relationship, the witnesses said Moorer would come in to the restaurant to see Elvis and bring her coffee and bagels.

The witnesses testified the relationship ended in October 2013.

Cooke, who said she was Elvis' supervisor, testified she noticed Elvis was gaining weight, which led to Elvis eventually taking a pregnancy test. That test, the witness added, came up as an error.

The jury was excused for a short recess just before 5 p.m., before testimony resumed. A third Titled Kilt employee, Megan Bonfert, reiterated a lot of the testimony as the previous witnesses. She also discussed Elvis arriving to work with bruises at some point after the relationship with Moorer ended.
 End of snip

More at link:  http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/32259609/first-witnesses-testify-they-believed-heather-elvis-was-pregnant
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:32 am

From page 1 of this thread, the link is STILL active.
Scroll down for recent info on the case...

https://www.facebook.com/The-State-vs-the-Moorers-724058540972400/
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:34 am

‎Open Letter to Tammy‎ to The State vs the Moorer's
June 16 at 12:28am ·
The reason I am writing this is because of Heather. Her name is Heather Rochelle Elvis. You will never forget how beautiful she was. Her eyes will haunt you. You know that Sidney was happy with her. You can say you had a boyfriend, etc, but I know that it devastated you when you found out about Heather. I have spoken with people who know you, Sidney and even some people who worked with Heather at the Kilt. Sidney seemed smitten with her, shy and like a schoolboy. Heather was gorgeous, and when you found out about this, and saw her pictures, I know that you became obsessed with her too. You have spent so much time studying her. I know it. I can feel it. I honestly believe that Heather was pregnant, and was trying to contact Sidney to let him know. He wanted to leave you but he loved his kids too much to actually do it. and he does love you. He just fell in love with a girl also. It is a perfect motive for you wanting to take care of heather. Even your family is divided over you guys. People who are acting nice to your face, and on facebook are just trying to be supportive because they have already seen what happens if someone stands up against you. I know that this case is getting to you. If you were innocent, you would not be spending all of your time on facebook. I saw you in a grocery store in socastee after you were out of jail on bond, you were looking around as if you were a fugitive. I suspect you feel paranoid. Your children do not look happy anymore. They even look paranoid. i even recently saw your mom at the socastee goodwill store and she was also looking around. How sad the life she is living now, paranoid for her last years. You know that they feel this way too. You can feel it. Your Disney world has only a few days left. I don’t care if anyone else has anything to say about this letter. I am writing this letter to you tammy. At first, I really tried to believe that you didn’t do this, and I even felt sorry for you because you had been accused etc. and people seemed to be jumping to conclusions. but it was your attitude and backlash to everyone on facebook that has changed my opinions. I could go on, but none of this matters what my opinions are, i am just taking the time to have a chat with you, if you will, I want to hear your real feelings on the matter. Please also clarify about the rotted meat on the counter, and molded potatoes in your house. That makes me sad that you just let it all go. And had to chain your man to the bed. do your kids look at you differently now? do you wonder if they believe that you did it? I look forward to seeing the hearing. I do not feel that you are fat like everyone keeps putting, I can see the beauty in you, and especially in your daughter. I hope that she doesn’t have to grow up without you. Your kids are going to be haunted by this forever. I hope that they turn out okay after everything. I feel for you girl, I may even send you some provisions in prison if you end up there. If my husband fell in love with someone as beautiful as heather, I can see why it bothered you so much. it would break my heart, and i would want the other person to pay. I believe that you didn’t mean to take it this far. If you could go back, you would have not done it. God bless you Tammy. If you want to talk, and perhaps speak your side, I am open for discussion. I don’t even want to discuss this with others, I just want to communicate with you. Good luck with the trial. Not everyone is against you. I believe that things will get better for you and your family.

From link shared on page 1 and above:
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:44 am

Rather odd:

The State vs the Moorer's
June 14 at 4:31am ·
Come on SM. Do you REALLY think a Jury of your peers is going to buy this pack of lies you are spewing? As each hearing goes by you are getting more and more desperate. You know very well how the Obstruction of Justice charge occurred. YOU LIED to LE. It's really that simple.
S M added 4 new photos.
11 hrs ·
Martin forgot to mention the truth to the court today. All this time they had us believing the obstruction charge was due to the Large/Cauble abuse of police power/hostage situation that took place with me at the ML Brown building. (The interview that took place with Large when I went to Conway to try and help them, only to be held against my will for hours as Cauble and Large attempted to bully me.) They were the two police officers that brought up a pay phone call. Two that have been removed from HCPD to my knowledge for misconduct or whatnot. Now out of the blue the solicitor is changing the story we were led to believe for close to 3 years? Another lie? Innocent mistake? Last minute change to cover up something?
It's crazy to change your story again due to the detectives coming out as bad guys. This is making the state look even more deceitful, especially when you fail to mention the 911 call that was made on the 20th of December because terry Elvis called and threatened to murder me and my children. Is this the incident in the road you are referring to? Because this is what really happened that night!
On Friday, December 20 at 1:10 AM I received a text from a person calling themselves Terry Elvis. Look below. After I asked who is this, there was a telephone conversation. During that conversation the person calling himself Terry Elvis threatened to murder me and my children. Immediately I called 911. I told her what "Terry" had said. She alerted me that officers were already at my address. I told her I didn't see anyone. She told me they were definitely there, so I walked out and sure enough they were by the substation. This was the first time I showed the officers in person where Heather Elvis had called my phone 6 times on the 18th of December, 2013. The officer took my phone to look at the call log and at that time dialed Heather Elvis's phone number and said, "Let it ring." (And they let it ring...) There was never any talk of a pay phone call until the meeting with Large and Cauble that took place in Conway at the ML Brown building. I hope Martin & Livesay have that 911 call or they are going to look real bad next week. How do you two plan to make an excuse for the cop calling the number that night? Finally you may be forced to answer why you've ignored death threats on children and myself since December 20, 2013.
I have not seen Heather Elvis since approximately mid October, 2013. My wife never met her or seen her in person.

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:51 am

Youtube if you want a fast and easy primer:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qlP4l-N7I&app=desktop

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24_erEhBiY

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qlP4l-N7I&app=desktop

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm

The jury had deadlocked.  A mistrial has been declared.

begin quote  A judge has declared a mistrial Friday afternoon in the Sidney Moorer kidnapping trial in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

The jury heard four days of testimony by witnesses called by the state. The defense rested without calling anyone to the stand.

The jury got the case late Thursday and returned to the courtroom several times Friday to look further at evidence, but could not reach a verdict.

Moorer is also charged with obstruction of justice, but that trial is set for a later date. His wife, Tammy Moorer, also faces kidnapping charges, but a separate trial for her is also at a later date.
 end quote
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article85819292.html
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 am

This is a timeline beginning moments before Sydney’s phone call to Heather in the early morning hours of December 18, 2013. Heather had just returned from a date and was alone and safe inside her apartment on River Oaks Drive.

1:12 am to 1:21 am - Sydney entered Walmart; purchased a pregnancy test and a cigar; then exited.

1:15 am - Records indicate Sydney’s cell phone was turned off and remained off until 3:02 am.

1:35 am - Sydney called Heather from a pay phone.

1:44 am - Heather called her girlfriend, Bri.  Bri testified Sydney told Heather he had left his wife and wanted to see Heather.

2:29 am - Heather called the pay phone with probably no answer.  (It is believed Heather did not know she was calling a pay phone.)

2:30 am - Heather again called the same pay phone with probably no answer.  (Duration of all phone calls from Heather to the pay phone was very short.)

2:32 am to 2:42 am – Heather’s cell phone moved from her apartment on River Oaks Drive to Longbeard's Restaurant on Carolina Forest Blvd.
@2:32 am:  Heather called the pay phone; no answer.

2:42 am to 2:56 am – For approximately 14 minutes, Heather’s cell phone is “to the rear” of Longbeard's restaurant parking lot; the north to northeast corner where the dumpsters are located.
@2:43:02 am:  Heather again called the pay phone with presumably no answer.
@2:43:36 am:  Heather tries the pay phone again.
@2:45:09 am:  Once more.
@2:51:20 am:  And again.

2:57 am to 3:01 am – Heather’s cell phone moved from Longbeard's restaurant to Augusta Plantation Dr., and then returned to Longbeard's restaurant.

3:02 am - Sydney’s cell phone was turned on.

3:02 am to 3:15 am – Heather’s cell phone returned to approximately the same area of the parking lot of Longbeard's restaurant.
@3:04 am:  Heather tries the pay phone again.
@3:05 am:  And again.

3:11 am to 3:15 am – A different set of cell phone tracking records suggest the location of Heather’s cell phone could be between the roadway and the retention pond at Longbeard's restaurant.

3:16 am to 3:19 am – Heather’s cell phone left Longbeard's restaurant and returned to White Forest Drive, the vicinity of her apartment.
@3:16 am:  Heather called Sydney’s cell phone and received no answer.
@3:17 am:  Heather called Sydney’s cell phone again.  It was answered and an approximate four-minute conversation began.

3:20 am to 3:24 am – Heather’s cell phone appeared stationary in the parking lot of her apartment at River Oaks Drive.  Nothing indicated that she went back into her apartment.  The four-minute call listed above continued.

3:25 am to 3:35 am – Heather’s cell phone moved from White River Drive to Forestbrook Road to Peachtree Road; then to Peachtree Boat Landing.

3:37 am – Heather’s cell phone arrived at Peachtree Boat Landing.
@3:38 am:  Heather phoned Sydney’s cell phone, no answer.
@3:39 am:  Heather phoned Sydney’s cell phone, no answer.
@3:39:46 am:  Heather phoned Sydney’s cell phone, no answer.
@3:41 am:  Heather phoned Sydney’s cell phone, no answer.

3:39 am:  Sydney’s truck turned onto Peachtree Road.

3:41 am to 3:42 am – Heather’s cell phone died; she nor her cell phone were ever seen or heard from again.

3:46 am:  Sydney’s truck returned from Peachtree Road.

4:00 am:  Law enforcement did a routine check of the landing.  No sign of Heather; no sign of a struggle.  Only Heather’s locked car remained.

Here are my sources:

State’s closing
https://youtu.be/exs6UCCWXEQ

Aaron Edens, an intelligence analyst with the Mateo County, Calif.
https://youtu.be/EDANtHK2e2E
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:29 am

Hung jury....10 guilty, 2 not guilty

C'mon you 2 jurors....use your common sense! Circumstantial evidence is still evidence. Ugh, hope they get him the second time around.
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:20 pm

State will retry Sidney Moorer in Heather Elvis case, solicitor says

June 29, 2016 2:16 PM
By Elizabeth Townsend

The state will take Sidney Moorer, charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of Heather Elvis, to trial again after a mistrial was declared Friday because a deadlocked jury couldn’t reach a verdict.

The state is eager to get back into the courtroom soon and hopes to before summer is over, Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said. Scheduling is up to presiding Judge R. Markley Dennis Jr., who must contact court administration in Columbia to set a new date first, and so far nothing has been scheduled for a new trial as the dust settles on the mistrial.

Read more : http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article86651182.html

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:04 am

Good. This time, let the prosecution do a thorough job.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:32 am

Freckles wrote:Good. This time, let the prosecution do a thorough job.

Cool
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:35 pm

Two vids at link:

Begin quote:  A hearing to determine whether Moorer violated the [gag] order has been set for September 6 at 9:45 a.m.  End

http://wbtw.com/2016/07/12/judge-to-decide-whether-sidney-moorer-violated-gag-order-during-news13-interview/
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Begin quote:  Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) — The retrial date for Sidney Moorer on kidnapping charges in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis has been set for the week of August 29 and 800 jurors are set to be summoned and questioned, according to court paperwork.

Questionnaires were sent out on July 15 to 800 Horry County residents and are to be sent back by Aug. 15.

On Aug. 16, the list of people who did not respond will be given to the Horry County Sheriff's Office.

At 9 a.m. on Aug. 19, a final hearing will be held in Conway for any pre-trial matters.

On Friday, Aug. 26, attorneys need to provide a witness list.
End

http://wpde.com/news/local/retrial-date-set-for-sidney-moorer-in-heather-elvis-case
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:04 pm

^^^Thanks for the info, Nan11. Hope they get him this time.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:11 pm

Mylife101 wrote:^^^Thanks for the info, Nan11. Hope they get him this time.
I find myself holding my breath.

I think the key is to find a jury that will be content to make their decision on only what is said in the courtroom.

And maybe this time "friends" of the defense atty won't be allowed on the jury.  Would that be asking too much?  I heard he was a good enough friend that the two shared an occasional dinner.

Also, in my opinion, the judge should recuse himself.  Where have we ever seen the judge amble up to the defense table and shake the hand of the defendant??  There are all sorts of suggestions about the judge and Moorer's father being old school buddies, and even that he and Moorer belong to the same men's club????  Just sayin', folks.

What's that that is often said about an "air of impropriety?"  Please.  It's so thick it stinks.

And, still, the state managed 10 to 2 for guilty--even though a mistrial was declared.  I give them credit, and hope for 12 guilty this time around.  I feel the evidence is clear.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Agreed. The evidence was sufficient for me to vote guilty. Jail But, I'm not on the jury...
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:23 am

There is both a good and bad side to the latest developments.

The good side:  he got five months in jail for violating the gag order.  (He will most likely not have to do the full five months.)

The bad side:  he has been granted a "continuance" for the retrial of the kidnapping charges.  (A new trial date has not been set.)

A side note to make you smile:  he didn't see this coming.  Apparently, they were in court over the motion for continuance when the judge suddenly decided to move the contempt charges up!  And he was escorted to jail right after the hearing, in spite of requesting being given until Monday morning to make arrangements.

It hasn't escaped my attention that the judge may have beautifully orchestrated this lovely little event to take the pressure off all the very obvious claims of bias.

I'm still a little happy with things, though.

Begin snipped quote:  Moorer apologized for his actions in court Friday morning, but the prosecution asked the judge to jail Moorer for the full six months allowed by the contempt of court charge. The judge opted for a five month jail sentence and had an order written to take Moorer into custody immediately following the hearing.  End

http://wbtw.com/2016/07/29/sidney-moorer-gets-5-month-jail-sentence-for-violating-gag-order/
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Nan11 wrote:There is both a good and bad side to the latest developments.

The good side:  he got five months in jail for violating the gag order.  (He will most likely not have to do the full five months.)

The bad side:  he has been granted a "continuance" for the retrial of the kidnapping charges.  (A new trial date has not been set.)

A side note to make you smile:  he didn't see this coming.  Apparently, they were in court over the motion for continuance when the judge suddenly decided to move the contempt charges up!  And he was escorted to jail right after the hearing, in spite of requesting being given until Monday morning to make arrangements.

It hasn't escaped my attention that the judge may have beautifully orchestrated this lovely little event to take the pressure off all the very obvious claims of bias.

I'm still a little happy with things, though.

Begin snipped quote:  Moorer apologized for his actions in court Friday morning, but the prosecution asked the judge to jail Moorer for the full six months allowed by the contempt of court charge. The judge opted for a five month jail sentence and had an order written to take Moorer into custody immediately following the hearing.  End

http://wbtw.com/2016/07/29/sidney-moorer-gets-5-month-jail-sentence-for-violating-gag-order/

Above BBM^^^
Indeed, sometimes we have to take comfort in the small victories. :-)
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2