John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:00 pm

OMG!  I picked the wrong day to sleep in...lol

2 cars!  I completely missed that before.  He's toast, if the jury tampering turns out to be a non-issue.  I can't believe this is happening again.

Oh, and I read some old article last night (I wish I had saved the link) that said that JG told Ms. Pembleton that the crash was an "end of the world" crash.  I wonder why that didn't make it into evidence.
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Brian Entin ‏@BrianEntin 3m3 minutes ago

Still working to confirm name of juror tampering and extortion suspect in Albany, NY. I'm SO SO close. @WPTV #goodmantrial
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:08 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:OMG!  I picked the wrong day to sleep in...lol

2 cars!  I completely missed that before.  He's toast, if the jury tampering turns out to be a non-issue.  I can't believe this is happening again.

Oh, and I read some old article last night (I wish I had saved the link) that said that JG told Ms. Pembleton that the crash was an "end of the world" crash.  I wonder why that didn't make it into evidence.

I heard that as well! Was it in opening statements here in 2nd trial?
Maybe, it is back a few pages... don't have time to check.
I have so many windows open I shut down my internet radio!
Wanted to get the tweets posted on the JA case... no time but here is a link:
https://twitter.com/TrialDiariesJ
It is animated!!!

BB is lively today as well but no link handy as I closed out the window....
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Another jury question right after lunch break....per tweet wptv
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:27 pm

Something's going on in court; another juror question?

http://www.wptv.com/john-goodman-trial

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:34 pm



Jury asking if foreperson is the only one that has to sign the verdict form.  Do they have a verdict???  

Judge just said they might be close to a verdict!

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:37 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:

Jury asking if foreperson is the only one that has to sign the verdict form.  Do they have a verdict???  

Judge just said they might be close to a verdict!


affraid wow. Hold on to your seats!
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 4m4 minutes ago

Jurors wanting to know if all jurors have to sign juror form #GoodmanTrial maybe they are close to verdict
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Court Chatter TV ‏@CourtChatterTV 5m5 minutes ago

#JohnGoodman Judge is going to answer them with "only the foreman need sign the form." #GoodmanTrial Poss hung jury? hmmmm... We shall see.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago

#GoodmanTrial Jury ?: "Do all jurors have to sign the jury form?" Hmm must mean they have a verdict.
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Chuck Weber ‏@ChuckWeber12 5m5 minutes ago

Judge, back on bench, says he will send back a note telling jurors only foreman has to sign. @CBS12 #GoodmanTrial
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Court Chatter TV ‏@CourtChatterTV 6m6 minutes ago

Jury has a question in #JohnGoodman. They want to know if they all have to sign the jury form? #GoodmanTrial
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites




VERDICT ??????
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 pm

One Wonders and I are in Chat, if anyone else would like to join us.

http://www.realitychatter.com/h10-chat
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:41 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:One Wonders and I are in Chat, if anyone else would like to join us.

http://www.realitychatter.com/h10-chat
Thankx! Going there now.... Cool dancing dancing dancing dancing dancing
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:46 pm



We have a VERDICT!

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Goodman will not be sentenced today. There will be a sentencing hearing. @WPTV #goodmantrial
Oct. 28, 2014

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Goodman is being taken into custody right now. @WPTV #goodmantrial
Oct. 28, 2014

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

State requests deputies take Goodman into custody. Defense asks that Goodman stay out on bail. @WPTV #goodmantrial
Oct. 28, 2014

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Goodman looks straight ahead. No tears. @WPTV #goodmantrial
Oct. 28, 2014

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

GOODMAN GUILTY ON BOTH CHARGES. @WPTV #GOODMANTRIAL
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:01 pm

Freckles wrote:

GOODMAN GUILTY ON BOTH CHARGES. @WPTV #GOODMANTRIAL

bounce                                                                              


avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Interesting how the attys kept blocking the live feed as JG was printed, cuffed, taken from the room.
He is now in custody without his expensive watch, his gf, his bottle of booze, his cell phone, and all the trappings he thot were important in his life...

Blessings for Scott's family.
There is no such thing as justice but this is the best we can do for the victim.... Truth has prevailed today.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:10 pm

@Weezie:

So sorry I missed you in Chat!  




Back at ya!
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:11 pm

I wonder, tonite, as JG sits in his cell wearing state issued clothing and waiting for a tray of basic calories to arrive, do you think he will start to realize the fabric of is life, which he has worn like an armor, actually reeks and he needs a new set of clothing for the rest of his life?

Naw.... person of privilege thinks he is entitled and they are so wrong when his privilege is ended...
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Freckles wrote:Interesting how the attys kept blocking the live feed as JG was printed, cuffed, taken from the room.
He is now in custody without his expensive watch, his gf, his bottle of booze, his cell phone, and all the trappings he thot were important in his life...

Blessings for Scott's family.
There is no such thing as justice but this is the best we can do for the victim.... Truth has prevailed today.

Amen to that!



avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:14 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:OMG!  I picked the wrong day to sleep in...lol

Morning, Little Sleepyhead! bath Bet that woke you up right quick! Best alarm clock I seen.

winks
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Erika Angulo ‏@ErikaNBC 7m7 minutes ago

International Polo Club Palm Beach founder found guilty of DUI manslaughter in Scott Wilson's death, 23, Feb. 2010 #GoodmanTrial @NBCNews
0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite


ChristineStapleton ‏@StapletonPBPost 8m8 minutes ago West Palm Beach, FL

#GoodmanTrial press confrerence: max sentence 16 yrs - min 11 yrs. no credit for house arrest towards sentence

My comment:

Guilty of DUI, vehicular manslaughter, failure to render aid
He will get between 11 to 16 yrs with NO credit for house arrest!!
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:22 pm

More money out the door:


Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Defense will appeal.
@WPTV #GoodmanTrial

http://www.wptv.com/john-goodman-trial
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:23 pm

On what possible grounds could he appeal on?  This is ridiculous.  I hope Judge Colbath denies him house arrest...but I'm not holding my breath!

ETA:  whoa, no credit for his previous house arrest.  Dumb JG. And....iirc, the Judge really reamed him out at the first trial sentencing giving him the max!
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Freckles wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:OMG!  I picked the wrong day to sleep in...lol

Morning, Little Sleepyhead! bath Bet that woke you up right quick! Best alarm clock I seen.

winks

Very Happy  You got that right!  I bolted awake when I realized what time it was, and knowing you had predicted a verdict by 10 a.m....you were very close!  
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:12 pm


Extortion attempt alleged in John Goodman retrial, sources say

October 28, 2014  3:40 PM



Someone has been arrested out of state, accused of trying to extort money from a witness in the John Goodman DUI manslaughter retrial, sources close to the Goodman case told the Sun Sentinel.

...The alleged incident didn't have an impact on the case or the jury's deliberations Tuesday, said Chief Assistant State Attorney Alan Johnson.

...The detained person is believed to be someone — not connected with the proceedings — who injected himself or herself into the case by texting the Goodman witness, the sources said.


Read more:  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-potential-tampering-goodman-20141028-story.html
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Goodman jury deliberates, finds Goodman guilty (Video)

UPDATED 5:33 PM EDT Oct 28, 2014

By Terri Parker

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —[Latest:] Polo Mogul John Goodman has been convicted of DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide in the death of Scott Wilson.

After a 14 day re-trial, a jury just convicted 51-year-old John Goodman on all counts in for the February 2010 crash that killed 23-year-old Scott Wilson.

The jury found Goodman guilty of DUI manslaughter with failure to render aid, and vehicular homicide with failure to render or give information.

Read more:

http://www.wpbf.com/news/goodman-jury-deliberates-investigation-continues-into-possible-jury-tampering/29383398#ixzz3HUZKHHLk
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:21 pm

John Goodman guilty on all counts; new info on jury tampering investigation (Video)

By:  Marc Freeman, Sun Sentinel
Posted: 1:11 PM, Oct 28, 2014
Updated: 1 min ago


WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Four attorneys and hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on expert witnesses defending John Goodman, but the jury was not convinced he was innocent.

John Goodman was convicted Tuesday of DUI Manslaughter and Vehicular Homicide.

"The state did a wonderful job proving it. It was very difficult for the jury to make the decision," the victim's mother Lili Wilson said.

Wilson thanked prosecutors on her way out of court.

~Snipped~

Defense attorneys saying they respect the verdict, but they are already determined to fight it.

"We will be appealing this verdict based on the substantial issues that we believe are present in this case," Parker said.

~Snipped~

Also on Tuesday, the investigation into a person arrested in Albany, New York on suspicion of jury tampering and extortion continues.

Sources confirm the extradition is in process.

According to multiple sources, the suspect allegedly contacted witness Kris Kampsen through text message offering juror information in exchange for money.

Sources say another arrest could be pending.

Read more:

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/john-goodman-retrial-deliberations-continue-into-lunch-new-info-on-jury-tampering-investigation
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21161
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:26 am


Sex, Murder, and Adoption: The Wild Trial of the Polo King

10.28.14

If there was one thing that polo magnate John Goodman got right on the night of February 12, 2010, it could be heard in the 911 call that he placed one hour after speeding through a stop sign in his $200,000 Bentley, slamming another car into a canal, and leaving its driver to drown while he fled the scene.

“I’m in big trouble, huh?” Goodman asked the dispatcher, rhetorically, having finally knocked on a stranger’s door to ask for a telephone, which he then used first to call his girlfriend to report that he had “f***ed up” and been in an “end of the world accident.” The 911 call came second.

...Jurors were not allowed to hear evidence from Stacey Shore, a woman who had smooched and danced with Goodman at the Player’s Club that night, that he had invited her to leave with him and go in search of cocaine. That assertion, given by Shore in a pre-trial deposition, would have been too prejudicial to present to the jury, the court ruled.

Asked by prosecutors during a pre-trial deposition about his alleged cocaine use, Goodman repeatedly pleaded the Fifth.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/28/sex-murder-and-adoption-the-wild-trial-of-the-polo-king.html

-------------

I knew it!  I had recently noticed him sniffling a lot in one of the videos; might have been the one from 6 years ago that I posted recently.  Oh, wait, was it his being on the stand?  Wow.  Now I have to go back and watch that again.

And him calling it an "end of the world" accident not being allowed because it's too prejudicial?  Seriously?  He said it, FGS!  It was his first assessment of the accident.  Isn't that extremely relevant?  This would have made me livid if he hadn't gotten convicted.

I hope he isn't allowed house arrest for any of his term, whatever it is.
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:28 am

Holy cow.  All the nose sniffs that I noticed were from his testimony during this retrial.  I am now wondering if he either had allergies when he testified, or if he had used cocaine before he went on the stand.  Shocked   affraid  No



He begins testifying at about 2:04:50.  The first 7 sniffs come at:

2:13:40
2:14:39
2:15:16
2:16:14
2:19:21
2:20:21
2:20:53

I stopped looking after that.   

Hydrocodone, alcohol, cocaine...holy cow.

Cocaine might explain his "enhanced" speech pattern.  Just sayin'...
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 am

From AD above:
"....According to multiple sources, the suspect allegedly contacted witness Kris Kampsen through text message offering juror information in exchange for money. ...."

KK:
1.A former polo player hired by JG to play for JG;s private team;

2.a bartender at one of the clubs JG went to the night he killed Scott Wilson;

3. Supposedly, JG "stumbled" into this barn looking for a phone to call 911' got distracted by the booze; drank his fill and left for the next property. Oddly, those in residence were not aware of his presence despite his being blindly drunk. (Timeline does not allow for the accident, a concussion, the walk to the barn, the looking for and gulping the booze, and leaving to walk to the next property without 30 minutes!)

4. The neighbor next to the KK barn JG supposedly went to had a trailer and resident Lisa Pemberton. She is the one possibly trying to toss this verdict or at least comprise it...

IMO, any and all improprieties should have been reported to LE.
KK is suspect, IMO. He is too well acquainted with JG....
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:58 am

CP:
Had typed a CONGRATS on your finding of the end of the world comment by JG but computer crashed. (Should I kick it again or maybe I have kicked it too much? ) I knew I had seen/heard the comment. Very little do I recall but that and the one re the TWO car accident, plus giving knowledge of the canal but denying on the stand.... He HAD to know of the canal!!! He LIVED in the area!!! How goofy is that?
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:04 am

CP
Good points re the drug/alcohol use and the effects on the sinuses.
I had thot he either had a cold or sinus condition...
I think differently now.

This last testimony, I would agree he worked over time to try to give an affliction to his speech. What a fool. Forensics would have shown he lied... or he had a stroke!  I am only surprised the pill popper did not have more stashed away in his system...

Was a search warrant ever used on the vehicle for drugs?
What about his home?
I doubt if the State felt there was a need; prob felt they had plenty to try and convict him... at least 2 times over!

Edited:

He has exaggerated facial tics, shoulder shrugs, twisting in chair, etc.
Could be signs of the drugs or the alcohol.
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:43 pm

PBSO
@PBCountySheriff

Currently John Goodman is being re-booked into the PBC Jail until further notice. He will be eating rice, beans, bread & cookies for dinner.
Retweeted by BrianEntin

eating
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Weeziethm on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:23 pm

oh man.....welcome to your future, JG
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:43 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:PBSO
@PBCountySheriff

Currently John Goodman is being re-booked into the PBC Jail until further notice. He will be eating rice, beans, bread & cookies for dinner.
Retweeted by BrianEntin

eating
So. Would it now be correct to say this Little Fart is going to make a BIG stink?
 ass    barf

For those in the close vicinity: Take a tip from Tiny Tim and try to tip-toe.... dancing
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 pm

Weeziethm wrote:On what possible grounds could he appeal on?  This is ridiculous.  I hope Judge Colbath denies him house arrest...but I'm not holding my breath!

ETA:  whoa, no credit for his previous house arrest.  Dumb JG.  And....iirc, the Judge really reamed him out at the first trial sentencing giving him the max!

Hi, Weezie!

The defense team worked hard to get the issues with the Bentley being released on record. I'm sure they will file an appeal based on that, and the fact that they believe the blood evidence should not have been allowed.

Hopefully, this appeal will be denied quickly.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm


Retrial Videos


Day 12 - Part 1



Day 12 - Part 2
- Assuming there is one, it's not posted yet

Day 13



Day 14 - Part 1



Day 14 - Part 2



Source for all:  http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/john-goodman-retrial-video-archive/
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 pm


Leave Goodman in prison as he appeals

October 29, 2014  2:38 PM


The John Goodman verdict has shown people in South Florida that money can't always buy you freedom.

It can, however, buy you time.

And John Goodman has had enough time as a free bird.

Yes, he is entitled to appeal Tuesday's verdict by a jury that found him guilty of DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide, which his attorneys say he will do.

But in the meantime, Chief Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath is under no obligation to grant him continued freedom under a bond.

Nor should he.


Read more:  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/editorials/fl-editorial-goodman-gs1030-20141029-story.html
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 pm


John Goodman to appeal for new trial, release from jail

October 29, 2014  7:42 PM

After his first conviction in March 2012, Wellington polo executive John Goodman remained in the Palm Beach County Jail for nearly two months until he was sprung on a $7 million cash bond pending his appeal.

Now that he's been found guilty of DUI manslaughter for a second time, and will appeal Tuesday's retrial verdict as well, the question is if, or when, the judge will again let Goodman out of jail to go on house arrest with a GPS ankle monitor.

For Goodman, that would mean being confined to an 11,272-square-foot estate home on nearly 80 acres with access to a private tennis court. Prior to being granted a new trial in May 2013, Goodman also paid $2,000 a day to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office for two deputies to guard him 24/7.

A spokesperson for the Goodman's defense on Wednesday said motions for an appellate bond and a new trial will be filed within days. Chief Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath would then schedule hearings.

The attorneys are also discussing dates for sentencing in November.


Read more:  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-goodman-retrial-appeal-issues-20141029-story.html
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by One Wonders on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:49 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Sex, Murder, and Adoption: The Wild Trial of the Polo King

10.28.14

If there was one thing that polo magnate John Goodman got right on the night of February 12, 2010, it could be heard in the 911 call that he placed one hour after speeding through a stop sign in his $200,000 Bentley, slamming another car into a canal, and leaving its driver to drown while he fled the scene.

“I’m in big trouble, huh?” Goodman asked the dispatcher, rhetorically, having finally knocked on a stranger’s door to ask for a telephone, which he then used first to call his girlfriend to report that he had “f***ed up” and been in an “end of the world accident.” The 911 call came second.

...Jurors were not allowed to hear evidence from Stacey Shore, a woman who had smooched and danced with Goodman at the Player’s Club that night, that he had invited her to leave with him and go in search of cocaine. That assertion, given by Shore in a pre-trial deposition, would have been too prejudicial to present to the jury, the court ruled.

Asked by prosecutors during a pre-trial deposition about his alleged cocaine use, Goodman repeatedly pleaded the Fifth.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/10/28/sex-murder-and-adoption-the-wild-trial-of-the-polo-king.html

-------------

I knew it!  I had recently noticed him sniffling a lot in one of the videos; might have been the one from 6 years ago that I posted recently.  Oh, wait, was it his being on the stand?  Wow.  Now I have to go back and watch that again.

And him calling it an "end of the world" accident not being allowed because it's too prejudicial?  Seriously?  He said it, FGS!  It was his first assessment of the accident.  Isn't that extremely relevant?  This would have made me livid if he hadn't gotten convicted.

I hope he isn't allowed house arrest for any of his term, whatever it is.

Color added by me:
"Too prejudicial"????? This is exactly what we've been talking about for so long now. Victims can be trashed and blamed for their own murder for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and yet we can't let jury's know relevant info such as JG's EXCITED UTTERENCE'S of  “I’m in big trouble, huh?” and "end of the world accident". Now we learn JG was on the look out for cocaine and not an ice cream for his "sweet tooth".  How in the world is this Lady Justice at work with even scales? It isn't, its a lie and its wrong no matter how you look at.
I'm with you CP...NO HOUSE ARREST period.
avatar
One Wonders

Posts : 457
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : Big Sky Country
Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by One Wonders on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:02 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:Holy cow.  All the nose sniffs that I noticed were from his testimony during this retrial.  I am now wondering if he either had allergies when he testified, or if he had used cocaine before he went on the stand.  Shocked   affraid  No



He begins testifying at about 2:04:50.  The first 7 sniffs come at:

2:13:40
2:14:39
2:15:16
2:16:14
2:19:21
2:20:21
2:20:53

I stopped looking after that.   

Hydrocodone, alcohol, cocaine...holy cow.

Cocaine might explain his "enhanced" speech pattern.  Just sayin'...
Holy moly CP, good find. The other thing I kept wondering about is his inability to sit still, including raising up from his chair to change position.
If it walks like a duck and all of that...
avatar
One Wonders

Posts : 457
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : Big Sky Country
Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 pm


John Goodman's attorneys seek new trial

Attorneys to seek bond to allow Goodman to return to house arrest
Published  7:16 PM EDT Oct 29, 2014


There is also an ongoing jury-tampering investigation.

The FBI is extraditing James Perron, of Vermont, back to Palm Beach County for possible jury tampering and extortion.

Police arrested the convicted felon in Albany, New York. He’s suspected of sending text messages trying to extort money from Goodman’s polo-playing friend Kris Kampsen after Kampsen testified last week that millionaire Goodman could have been drinking in his barn after the crash.

A source said Kampsen called 911 from his barn in Wellington after receiving the multiple texts intimating the sender could help Goodman in exchange for money.


Read more:  http://www.wpbf.com/news/john-goodmans-attorneys-seek-new-trial/29418278


Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bolded)
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:48 pm


John Goodman’s sentencing set; foreman said verdict took 15 minutes

Updated: 10:13 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014 | Posted: 1:32 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014


WEST PALM BEACH —

Wellington polo club founder John Goodman will spend at least another three weeks in jail until a judge resentences him on DUI manslaughter charges.

Goodman, convicted Tuesday in the death of Scott Patrick Wilson, is facing up to 16 years in prison when Chief Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath sentences him Nov. 19. Although Goodman’s defense team will ask Colbath for a new trial before then and file other paperwork to set up an appeal, Goodman cannot ask Colbath for an appellate bond until he is sentenced.

(BBM)

Source:  http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/john-goodmans-sentencing-date-has-been-set/nhwdJ/
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:55 pm


John Goodman jury foreman: We had verdict in 15 minutes

10:18 AM EDT Oct 31, 2014

it took just 15 minutes for the six jurors to reach a verdict in the John Goodman DUI manslaughter trial.

...Sadler said once the jurors selected him as foreman, he asked them all to vote and all six said guilty immediately.

He said they then spent the next three hours reading every page of the jury instructions and looking at every piece of evidence, just to make sure they were following the law, and then voted a second time.

...Sadler said it just wasn't believable that Goodman slammed into Scott Wilson's car and, while checking for damage to his Bentley, didn't see Wilson’s Hyundai in the canal a few feet away.

“That was a big-time collision and he pushed that car into that canal and I believe he knew that car was in that canal,” said Sadler.

He said he also doesn't believe Goodman's Bentley malfunctioned or that he had a concussion.

“I think he was lucid at that time and he knew what he was doing. I personally think if that car would have started back up, Mr. Goodman would have drove away,” Sadler said.

Read more:  http://www.wpbf.com/news/goodman-jury-foreman-we-had-verdict-in-15-minutes/29443982
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:22 pm

Well that is two juries in two years who have come up with the same verdict.  Pleased to hear how diligent this jury was - the system works!  Two juries who did not buy the B.S. story but looked at the evidence.  15 minutes!  WOW.

I realize JG has gobs of money but you can't change the facts.  No matter if we have 4, 5, 6 trials.  Not to mention the toll it is taking on Scott Wilson's family to not truly get some kind of closure and put this to bed.  Like Stephen Alexander says, he lives it over and over and over.  

I'm not sure what Colbath will do with the bail issue upon sentencing, but I won't get my hopes up that JG will remain locked up.

Pity.
avatar
Weeziethm

Posts : 2310
Join date : 2012-05-12
Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:23 pm

I stumbled on this and went WOW!
You might have seen this already but if you haven't take a look.
This interactive was worked up by the PD detectives.
I have always wondered just why it takes so long to reopen travel lanes and this answers that for me: They are busy plotting every scrap of evidence, every nut and bolt!

I will be more appreciative of closed lanes now..  rocker

http://www.wpbf.com/news/south-florida/palm-beach-county-news/John-Goodman-3D-animation-What-the-jury-didn-t-see/17136640


Last edited by Freckles on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:41 pm

Freckles wrote:I stumbled on this and went WOW!
You might have seen this already but if you haven't take a look.
This interactive was worked up by the PD detectives.
I have always wondered just why it takes so long to reopen travel lanes and this answers that for me: They are busy plotting every scrap of evidence, every nut and bolt!

I will be more appreciate of closed lanes now..  rocker

http://www.wpbf.com/news/south-florida/palm-beach-county-news/John-Goodman-3D-animation-What-the-jury-didn-t-see/17136640

Great find, Freckles!  Thanks for sharing.
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Freckles on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:53 pm

You are welcome, CP!
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16515
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:01 pm


John Goodman juror describes 2-1/2-week sequestration

October 31, 2014  7:57 PM

The jurors were closely watched by Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies who Carlson said took seriously their duty to protect the pool from learning details of the case. Jurors were not allowed to know of the 2012 trial, after which Goodman's conviction and 16-year sentence were thrown out due to juror misconduct.

She said when the group went out to eat, "everybody was looking at us," due to the presence of their uniformed guards. She said jurors had to be accompanied even when they needed to use the restroom.

Still, Carlson described the deputies as "the most wonderful people in the world."

Read more:  http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/fl-goodman-jurors-sequester-life-20141031-story.html
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by CuriousPortlander on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:05 pm


EXCLUSIVE — John Goodman: I Want a Third Trial!

October 31, 2014




WEST PALM BEACH — Wellington polo mogul John Goodman‘s lawyers are about to file a request for a third trial, Gossip Extra has learned exclusively.

Sources in the jailed Goodman’s entourage tell me the lengthy motion is scheduled to be filed with the court system by Wednesday.

The legal team led by West Palm Beach lawyer Doug Duncan and former Palm Beach County prosecutor Elizabeth Parker expect it will be denied by Judge Jeffrey Colbath. But it will clear the way for an appeal for the local court of appeals.

...The first point expected in the motion is that Parker didn’t get to present evidence and expert witnesses about the collection of Goodman’s blood after the crash.

...Second, the defense attorneys will be arguing they didn’t get to inspect the wreckage of Goodman’s Bentley because it was released for scrap after the first verdict.


Read more:  http://gossipextra.com/2014/10/31/john-goodman-motion-third-trial-dui-4157/
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by One Wonders on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:29 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
John Goodman’s sentencing set; foreman said verdict took 15 minutes

Updated: 10:13 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014 | Posted: 1:32 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014


WEST PALM BEACH —

Wellington polo club founder John Goodman will spend at least another three weeks in jail until a judge resentences him on DUI manslaughter charges.

Goodman, convicted Tuesday in the death of Scott Patrick Wilson, is facing up to 16 years in prison when Chief Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath sentences him Nov. 19. Although Goodman’s defense team will ask Colbath for a new trial before then and file other paperwork to set up an appeal, Goodman cannot ask Colbath for an appellate bond until he is sentenced.

(BBM)

Source:  http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/john-goodmans-sentencing-date-has-been-set/nhwdJ/

WOW! They must have done what I had wished for. Go to jury room, select a foreman and take a vote and everyone agreed on the first vote, lol. Fantastic isn't? Twice now that he has been found guilty of killing that young man Scott Wilson. I hope it sticks this time and I hope he has to stay in jail until he completes his entire sentence.
avatar
One Wonders

Posts : 457
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : Big Sky Country
Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by One Wonders on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:40 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
John Goodman jury foreman: We had verdict in 15 minutes

10:18 AM EDT Oct 31, 2014

it took just 15 minutes for the six jurors to reach a verdict in the John Goodman DUI manslaughter trial.

...Sadler said once the jurors selected him as foreman, he asked them all to vote and all six said guilty immediately.

He said they then spent the next three hours reading every page of the jury instructions and looking at every piece of evidence, just to make sure they were following the law, and then voted a second time.

...Sadler said it just wasn't believable that Goodman slammed into Scott Wilson's car and, while checking for damage to his Bentley, didn't see Wilson’s Hyundai in the canal a few feet away.

“That was a big-time collision and he pushed that car into that canal and I believe he knew that car was in that canal,” said Sadler.

He said he also doesn't believe Goodman's Bentley malfunctioned or that he had a concussion.

“I think he was lucid at that time and he knew what he was doing. I personally think if that car would have started back up, Mr. Goodman would have drove away,” Sadler said.

Read more:  http://www.wpbf.com/news/goodman-jury-foreman-we-had-verdict-in-15-minutes/29443982
Double WOW! That jury saw everything we saw and the amazing thing (to me at least is) Sadler said was if JG's car would start he would have left. I hadn't thought of that at all and good for them that they thought of it. I am in wonder over this jury. I wonder what they think now with the stuff they weren't allowed to know during the trial.
avatar
One Wonders

Posts : 457
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : Big Sky Country
Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Re: John Goodman retrial - Live Stream --- Start date: 10/6/2014

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum