Robert Bashara Trial

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:42 am


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 40s 40 seconds ago

"The defendant has a pattern of using people, and when they say something against him, attack their credibility."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 48s 49 seconds ago

Lisa: "In our society, there are certain people who have automatic credibility. Mr. Bashara is one of those people.."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 26s 27 seconds ago

Because he was a Grosse Pointer, had a father as a judge, etc. "Contrast that with Paul Monroe...convict, drug dealer..."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · now 3 seconds ago

"He has no credibility." But, she said, how did he and Bob get together?


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 15s 16 seconds ago

Lindsey said Paul Monroe's statements that Bob had Jane killed were corroborated by other evidence.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 33s 34 seconds ago

Lisa said if Bob's friend Jim Wilson hadn't testified about doing coke w him, Bob's attorneys would've denied that he was a user


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 39s 39 seconds ago

While doing cocaine with Paul Monroe, Bob started crying and admitted having Jane killed, Lisa said.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 4s 4 seconds ago

We hear from Steve Tibaudo again, as his conversation w Bob while he wore a wire is played.


avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:56 am

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  28s 28 seconds ago

Lindsey: "Why is (Bob) assuming financial responsibility for Joseph Gentz, a man he had just met. That doesn't make sense."



George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  14s 14 seconds ago

Bob told "Obedient Slave" Therese Giffin he would give her his '81 Cadillac if she posted rumors about Jane to the Hinky Meter.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  46s 47 seconds ago

Bob told Giffin: "It runs like a champ." But, according to others' testimony, they had to push that car around w a John Deere


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  9s 9 seconds ago

Lisa Lindsey's closing argument is going on roughly an hour, 10 minutes, meaning she has another 50 minutes for her 2 hours to be up.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  44s 45 seconds ago

"There is no dispute that in Jan. 2012, Joseph Gentz killed Jane Bashara."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  53s 54 seconds ago

Lindsey said Gentz had no motive to kill Jane. "The only person with a motive is the defendant," she said.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  4s 5 seconds ago

"If Joseph Gentz was killing her for money, why were no valuables taken?" Lindsey also asking why Gentz would need to move the body.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  1m 1 minute ago

"That does not make sense," she said.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:10 pm


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

Bob told 3 different people that the upcoming Christmas would be his last with Jane, Lindsey pointed out.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 24s 25 seconds ago

Jane is dead by 6:43 pm, and in the Detroit alley by 7:47 pm, about an hour later, according to cell phone records.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

The jury will also consider bringing a 2nd degree murder verdict


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 44s 44 seconds ago

Most jurors are riveted, but one juror, in the back row, doesn't seem to be paying attention...


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

He's not looking at Lindsey, or the displays she's putting on the screen; instead, he's staring at the media...


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

I've been watching this guy for the past several minutes and not once has he turned his head toward Lindsey.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

I think that juror is sleeping. He just yawned, and now his head is in his hands..


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · now

Lindsey again quoting the Bible. My counterpart at the Free Press told me some states don't allow Bible quotes during trials


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 3m 3 minutes ago

That juror is now looking at Lindsey and the things she's putting on the screen.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

Lindsey finished with: "The words 'till death do us part' meant one thing to Jane Bashara. But to the defendant, they meant quite another."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

She's done with her closing argument. Judge now telling jurors they'll get instructions tomorrow. Lunch break.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:46 pm



Defense Closing:


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 6m 6 minutes ago

Judge said prosecutors used only 1.5 hours; so they have a total of 20 minutes, plus that extra half-hour for rebuttal


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 7m 7 minutes ago

Judge said we'll go to 4:30 today, because she said it's not fair to allow defense less time today.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 8m 8 minutes ago

Jury instructions will take about an hour-and-a-half tomorrow. Four jurors will be eliminated.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 7m 7 minutes ago

Jury will deliberate on Friday, from 9-4 if necessary. Then, schedule for deliberations will go Mon-Friday 9-4.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 7m 7 minutes ago

Mike McCarthy now doing his closing argument.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 6m 6 minutes ago

McCarthy: Since that day…nearly 3 years ago, there’s been a cloud over the head of Mr. Bashara…and there’s been a target on his back.”


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 7m 7 minutes ago

McCarthy said the trial "is his time for vindication."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 5m 5 minutes ago

“The only voices that are going to be important in this trial from this point on…are yours.”


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 3m 3 minutes ago

MM saying his teacher told him the importance of knowing "the difference between what really is, and what merely seems to be."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

“We’ve got a lot of evidence…and some of that evidence looks like something. ...a lot of it, I submit to you, doesn't do anything ..."
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:16 pm


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

MM: "He knows, like we all know, that Joe Gentz killed Jane Bashara. (Bob) wanted revenge."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

MM attacking the prosecutor's contention that Bob wanted Jane dead so he could immerse himself in the BDSM lifestyle:


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

"That is a smokescreen." MM said the reason media has followed this "is the literal sex appeal."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

MM: "Bob had no desire for Jane to die. He and Rachel Gillett would continue to live this double life he had."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

"He didn't start living that life in 2011." MM said SIr Rick met Bob in 2004.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 23s 23 seconds ago

MM said Rachel "kept going back to (Bob), and she would've gone back to him..."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 35s 35 seconds ago

MM called Bob's friend, Carmody "stiff as a board...who lived in an ivory tower" because he didn't know anyone who had affairs


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 28s 28 seconds ago

When the house didn't go thru, "He's going to have to sweet-talk Rachel again, and she'll be mad." But, MM said, she would've come back


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · now 5 seconds ago

MM saying Bob was just running a game on Rachel, pretending they were going to buy a house.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 9s 10 seconds ago

MM pointing out that Jane's 401k money is still tied up to this day.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 6s 7 seconds ago

MM on Bob's promises to Rachel: "It's just Bob giving Rachel a lot of baloney, and that's all it is."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 3m 3 minutes ago

MM says Bob made a pittance of what Jane made. "She's the one who's paying for the nice lifestyle over there in GPP."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 3m 3 minutes ago

MM on Bob and Jane: "He's got it good. And she's the one who's giving it to him."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2m 2 minutes ago

MM: "(Jane) is the breadwinner. Why would (Bob) want her dead?"


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 13m 13 minutes ago

BTW, Bob's birthday is Friday. He'll be 57. Traits of Sagittarius:


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 12m 12 minutes ago

"The Sagittarius has some very good characteristics, but with some very bad ones too. This is because they have two personalities,"


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 12m 12 minutes ago

because the Centaur (Sagittarius' symbol), is half horse half person. The Sagittarius's two personalities: the animal (horse):"


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 15m 15 minutes ago

" (aggressive, rebellious, sexual, free-roaming, etc.),"


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 14m 14 minutes ago

MM says it's "All BS" when Bob is with Rachel and the BDSM crowd.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 13m 13 minutes ago

MM pointing out that Jane told friends that she would've been the loser in the divorce.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 13m 13 minutes ago

On Gentz: "Why is it that this brute...who killed Jane Bashara with his boot...this man is 2nd degree murder."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 12m 12 minutes ago

MM pointed to Bob: "This man over here…he’s the target. They want him.”


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 12m 12 minutes ago

MM asks whether Bob refraining to tell cops about BDSM/affairs is guilt, or just because he's embarrassed.


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 12m 12 minutes ago

MM on Bob's thinking: "I look bad, and I'm gonna look worse."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 11m 11 minutes ago

MM: "We're holding Bob to a really high standard here with how he interacts with police."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 11m 11 minutes ago

MM said people respond differently to bad news. "There's a rush to judgment in this case."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 10m 10 minutes ago

"There's a rush to judgment, and we want to make Bashara look bad."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 8m 8 minutes ago

MM said police "made up their mind (the day Jane's body was found). We're going to deal with the husband."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 7m 7 minutes ago

MM said others involved in crimes have been given "a free pass. Because this is the big prize. We want Bob Bashara."



George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 1m 1 minute ago

Bob was "humoring (Rachel) and filling her head with a lot of nonsense."


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 49s 49 seconds ago

"The key thing to buying a house is to show up with the money."


avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:29 pm

These are all tweets from George Hunter:

MM: "He did have emotion about the loss of his wife. He was torn up about it."

MM saying it's no big deal that Bob told his daughter Jane was murdered. "He just put 2 and 2 together and came up with 4."

MM says there's no proof that Jane died in her garage, and that a report showed the leafy material on Jane's sock wasnt the same as garage

Jane's wallet had no cash in it. "Who says that Joe Gentz didn't take something from Mrs. Bashara?"

MM: "Don't let the BDSM lifestyle fill in any blanks for you. There is reasonable doubt in this trial."

MM talking about the infamous JJ again. "We don't have JJ; he's not here."

MM says Bob's not on trial for "being lecherous. He's not charged with adultery. This is a murder trial."

10 min. recess

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 pm

These are all tweets from George Hunter:

McCarthy is back. "The people will pay any price to make sure this man is convicted."

MM pointing out that Paul Monroe, Bob's coke dealer, has never been charged with selling dope.

Also, Monroe called in false tips on his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend, saying they were Jane's killers

MM: "Bob did dabble in cocaine." Monroe said Bob bought 2 ounces. That ain't "dabbling"

MM pointing out all the witnesses who could have been charged w crimes, but weren't.

MM is mentioning the name of Bob's cellmate. Judge had ordered media not to air his name, but this is being live-streamed!!!

I'm going to err on the side of caution, though, and not mention that name. It's not a good idea to violate a judge's orders!!!

Bob's cellmate "Is an opportunist. This is a way for him to work a deal for himself, by saying Bob did some bad things"

Bob said his cellmate was his protection. "But protection has a price. High cost of living in prison." So Sir Rick put $50 in his account

Bob's attorneys are doing something unconventional: McCarthy passed the ball off to Lillian Diallo for the rest of the closing argument.
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:17 pm

These are all tweets from George Hunter:

Now Lillian has the floor. I've never seen tag-team closing arguments.

Judge interrupted Lillian's opening statement and attorneys are huddled by the bench

Lillian: "I told you...BDSM, that was not going to be a motive for murder in this case.

Rachel was also not a motive for murder, Lillian said. "Leave, come back; leave come back. She always came back."

Lillian said she didnt' question all the women about sex. "It was embarrassing; it was humiliating; it was beneath the dignity of a courtroo

"We had to listen to all the sex acts...that had nothing to do with the murder."

Lillian thanked McCarthy for questioning the sex witnesses.

Lillian: "{The prosecution became vested in this case. Who knew that there were meetings w the head prosecutor."

"When you're talking about justice for Jane, that should not mean injustice for Bob."

Lillian: "Who said the murder happened at the house?" She's pointing out that the leaves on Jane's foot and those in garage were different

"Who said the murder happened in the garage? It's your theory that it happened in the garage."

Lillian called Steve Tibaudo "hit man extraordinaire."

Lillian said nobody ever found Jane's other earring in Bob's house.

LD said Jane's will showed Bob couldn't control any of the money

When Lillian mentioned that the jury never got to hear Gentz, Lisa Lindsey objected: "He has the right to remain silent."

Lillian said she would move on.

Lillian: "As someone who has lost a mother and a father..there is no book for how to deal with that."

"That's the arrogance of this investigation...their sights were set on Bob. Did it help that he had all kinds of freaky sex?

"You say that that shows you're guilty, because you're having an affair?"

Lillian reading back what Bob told Tibaudo on wire..predicting that Gentz would throw him under the bus and get a plea deal

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:49 pm

These are all tweets from George Hunter:

Lillian is a lot more animated than either Lindsey or McCarthy were during their closing arguments.

Diallo, pointing out that people lied, but "perjury is only perjury if the prosecutors say so."

Lillian says police didn't get Steve Virgona's phone records.

Lillian on the girl Gentz met online: "I was scared of her."

Lillian says prosecutors theory was that Bob paid joe $5k, although it was Gentz's stepmom who deposited a $5k check in his account

Lillian: "What if Mrs. Bashara is leaving the house as Joe Gentz is coming up to her. And where is JJ, by the way?"

"they didn't investigate that, but that's ok, because his name isn't Bob Bashara."

Lillian: "If you don't know it happened (in the garage), that's not guilty."

(My comment: Lillian said that all the people involved were in a conspiracy against Bob)

Diallo: "This is smoke and mirrors."

Lillian: "McCarthy has a few more things he wants to say to you. I just wanted to look you in the face."

"Normally, it's the defense's job to point out that the investigation is bad. Bad investigation is the death-knell for a prosecution."

Lillian on Lisa grilling Narduzzi. "You saw the passion that was displayed. It was 'I'm so vested in this process, you messed the invest. up

"When I listened to what I heard..I don't know if I've ever got up and objected to the berating of a police officer."

"Would you have listened to us if we told you this investigation was messed up?"

"I don't know what went on with this, but I know what went on with I can't breathe. Because (police) know their power."

"When they set their sights on you...hey...guess what? Can't breathe."

Stretch break

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:06 pm

These are all tweets from George Hunter:

Okay, now McCarthy is back.

Another change in scheduling: Prosecutors' rebuttal will be tomorrow; they have another hour. Then, jury instructions.

MM: "Mrs. Diallo and I, we've done everything we can do for Mr. Bashara."

MM: "Remember this...reasonable doubt is just that. There are big gaps in the evidence."

Mccarthy is done. And so are we for the day. Long day.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:30 pm



These are all tweets from George Hunter:

For those who were wondering if the defense was given extra time: They went almost exactly 2 hours, which is what they're allowed.

Prosecutors didn't use up all their time today, but they're being given that extra time during rebuttal tomorrow. So it's all even.

That's it for the day. Take care, everyone.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Freckles on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:04 pm

From above post:
Post at 12:56


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 14s 14 seconds ago

Bob told "Obedient Slave" Therese Giffin he would give her his '81 Cadillac if she posted rumors about Jane to the Hinky Meter.


I believe I vaguely recall her postings now!
IIRC, she was a poster who addressed the BDSM issues at Hinky.
Tried to down play them and make it appear "all is normal"...
Glad to see BB was concerned with the site!
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16410
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Freckles on Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Thanks for the postings, CP.
bath

avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16410
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Freckles wrote:Thanks for the postings, CP.
bath


You're very welcome!

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 pm


Bashara trial closing arguments complete

Published On: Dec 10 2014 05:15:33 PM EST   Updated On: Dec 10 2014 06:33:21 PM EST


DETROIT -

Bob Bashara entered the courtroom Wednesday morning and was all smiles before the defense began.

The smile vanished when prosecutor Lisa Lindsey started to address the jury.

"He created one world. He was living in another. Those two worlds ended up colliding, and when those two worlds collided Jane Bashara ended up dead," said Lindsey.

The prosecution said the life he created revolved around "Master Bob" and his desire to maintain control and create a new life with his mistress. The prosecution used Bob's own words to tell pat of the story. First, pointing out how Bob worked to get police to investigate other theories, such as his wife Jane's alleged drug use and that she may have been killed by a drug dealer.

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-trial-closing-arguments-complete/30163674


The title is slightly misleading: the Prosecution still has to give their rebuttal, tomorrow.




Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added note that title is misleading)
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:33 pm


Bob Bashara Closing Arguments - Part 1



Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_X-hHQDSQ


Bob Bashara Closing Arguments - Part 2


Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKCIPuIiQQ


Bob Bashara Closing Arguments - Part 3


Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJaLUdJj6Uc


Bob Bashara Closing Arguments - Part 4


Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpjcvO8gFw0
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Live-streaming sites for Bashara closing arguments tomorrow morning, starting at 9:30 Eastern.


http://courtchatter.tv/wed-10th-dec_9-30am-5-00pm_bob-bashara-trial-closing-arguments.htm

http://courtchatter.tv/basharahearing2.htm


Bumping

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:35 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:Some of us are in Chat, if you'd like to join us, click here:

http://www.realitychatter.com/h10-chat


Bumping...

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:43 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:
Live-streaming sites for Bashara closing arguments tomorrow morning, starting at 9:30 Eastern.


http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/watch-live-bashara-trial-closing-arguments/30141552 (Requires hitting yes to continue)

http://courtchatter.tv/basharahearing2.htm


Bumping


Somehow I overwrote the clickondetroit link with another Court Chatter site. Added correct link back in.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:01 am

Another live link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=channel%3A5488938d-0000-24d1-84b0-001a11425c38&feature=iv&src_vid=mRQwi9sEhRU&v=Q9frA1LZRQo
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:07 am

These are all tweets from George Hunter:

Good morning from the #BobBashara trial. Lots of laughter from the jury room.

Bob, Judge and jury are in the courtroom for #bobbashara trial. Judge to jurors: "Well, guess what? Today is the last day for 4 of you."

Moran doing rebuttal, mentioning Lillian's "I can't breathe" statement yesterday. Moran: "The only one who could not breathe in this case.."

..."Was Jane Bashara."

"She's the only one in this case who could not breathe. Thats' what this case is all about."

Bob stared down Jane's sister, Julie Rowe, who didn't look at him.


Moran saying Bob sought someone to "rough up a tenant."

Bob talked in July, 2011, about "lifting the rock." His house, his hiding, and his wife were the rock, Moran said.

"Basher basher" again brought up - who Gentz's online female friend testifed he told her was paying him to harm someone.

Moran: "You know that the defendant reached out to (Steve) Tibaudo (to have Gentz killed)."

"It is suggested yesterday, for the first time ever, that the reason Mr. Bashara wanted to kill Mr. Gentz, is revenge."

"But..that's not what the defendant said." Bob's statement when pleading guilty is being shown.

Moran "Out of the mouth of the defendant, he's telling you he knows the law of conspiracy," after Bob told Tibaudo it was conspiracy "again"

Moran said the defense's only argument about Bob and his cellmate: "He's a white man in prison who needs protection."

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 am


These are all tweets from George Hunter:

The Bashara case has been highlighted in People Magazine. Looks like the reporter got info from local papers:

Moran said Jane was "a rock in (Bob's) shoe."

Moran: "An innocent person does not hire someone to kill someone else."

Moran now discussing motive. "We don't have to prove motive, but there's a ton of motive in this case."

Moran pointing out that a few weeks before the murder, Bob was at a wedding for Rachel's daughter.

Bob wanted "two slaves instead of one in his house on Kensington," Moran said.

"The fact is, ladies and gentleman, that is is cheaper to kill her than divorce."

Moran: "If she's dead, he gets it all." Lillian objected. Judge said there's no testimony that he would inherit everything.

Judge struck that remark

Moran: "The will gives him everything that's not in a trust. And Mrs. Bashara knew not to trust him with money."

Moran: "The fact is, he was obsessed with Rachel Gillett."

Moran saying defense argument that Bob was just playing Rachel is not true, because of all he went through to get a house w her.

"The reality of his wife and his mistress were on a collision course, because he didn't want to lose Rachel. The defendant was obsessed."

Moran asking why Gentz would call Bob 22-23 times the day before the murder. "The phone records don't lie."

Moran: "We know the murder happened in the garage...because the defendant says so." Bob said he wouldn't kill someone in his garage

Moran said Jane's DNA was on the garage floor and door.

Judge alerted Moran he has 20 minutes left.

Moran played video. "That's Joe Gentz." Judge: "No, that's Scott Lewis

Moran: "The defendant was the one who was the puppet master, pulling the strings of Joe Gentz."

Moran asking what motive Gentz had for moving Jane's body.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:48 am


More tweets from George:

Moran: "What man would make his own elderly mother hide a gun for him? The same kind of man who'd use his son to get the remains of his wife

...as a bargaining chip."

"What kind of man has two women come to the marital bed and have sex with them while his wife is out of town?"

“Is that what a man does who’s in love with his wife? No. It’s the ultimate act of betrayal.”

"There was no rush to judgment. The defendant is the one who lied to police."

Moran saying JJ had no connection to the case.

Moran said JJ is a "red herring"

Moran: "You know who there's not been a lot of talk about? Jane Bashara."

Bob "was writing another story; a story about Rachel Gillett."

Jane's remains: "The ultimate act of disgrace is that he uses the remains of his wife to try to get a better deal in this case."

"On behalf of the prosecution team, we just ask you for justice for Jane Bashara." Moran is done. Short break, then jury instructions.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:04 am


On Trial for Murder, Businessman Robert Bashara's Shocking Double Life Is Exposed

12/10/2014 AT 06:35 PM EST

Most people in his upscale community knew Robert Bashara as a successful businessman, prolific charity fundraiser, Rotary Club president, church usher and married father of two who volunteered at his kids' volleyball and soccer games.

And that upstanding image might have remained intact – if his wife hadn't been killed. The spotlight of suspicion turned to Bashara, revealing what prosecutors say was a murder-for-hire scheme and what witnesses describe as a secret double life of meeting other women for bondage, discipline and sadomasochistic sexual encounters, some in a basement "sex dungeon," and snorting cocaine on a private golf course.

Read more:  http://www.people.com/article/robert-bashara-shocking-double-life-murder
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:24 pm

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ  ·  23h 23 hours ago

This is Battle of the Buns...who's going to win? State or Defense? LOL! #bobbashara

 

Laughing
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by ishi on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:51 pm

Are we in jury watch yet?
avatar
ishi

Posts : 1008
Join date : 2012-05-12
Location : The Wolf Den

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:15 pm

ishi wrote:Are we in jury watch yet?

Hi, Ishi!  Apparently, yes:

George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Deliberations officially began at 2:22 p.m.

So, scratch that -- we can't say the jurors have started deliberations. That will have to wait until this break is over.

At 2:44 p.m., jurors were given exhibits. Deliberations are under way.




Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to update from Twitter)
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:31 pm


Hank Winchester @HankLocal4
Follow

The jury in the #BobBashara case just left for the day. No verdict. See you Friday am @Local4News
12:47 PM - 11 Dec 2014
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:18 am


Prosecutor's Rebuttal:




Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9frA1LZRQo&list=UUOGa-48fFt4cW0UnW5WSdRg

The volume on this is very low. I'll keep looking for another copy with better audio. Another site has the video, but it also has poor volume.




Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added volume)
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:05 pm


Tweets from George Hunter:


The media is all in the #BobBashara courtroom, because the jury had a question/questions. Will update as soon as I know more.

The judge is on the bench and we're waiting for #BobBashara to be brought into the room. And, just as I typed that, Bob sauntered in...

Bob's wearing the same black suit, but no tie today. The judge said we have a "couple of issues to deal with."

Jurors asked for a legal dictionary. Judge said: “You have what you’re going to get. You cannot have outside reference materials.”

Jurors also asked for transcripts for 4 witnesses: Bob's mom, Nancy Bashara; Courtney Johns, a tenant; Stephanie Samuel, Bob's cousin...

...and Oregon resident/prospective slave, Janet Leehman.

Judge said: “This means…although this was a very long trial, you all listened very closely.” However...

The judge said she doesn't want to give the transcripts for a few reasons: “It becomes trial by transcript."

"You have to rely on your collective memories. Unlike modern 20th century courtrooms that you just push a button and a transcript comes out"

(My comment:  I find this outrageous, considering she wouldn't let them take notes)

"you don t have that. I’ll have ot make a special request from my stenographer.”

Judge said if the jury insists on the transcripts, she'll do it. "But we couldn't get them to you until next Thursday."

"But if you say, 'judge, I don’t care,’ then I have to do it. I want you to use your collective memory.”

Also, the jury asked for a dry erase markers. Judge complied.

Two of the words the jury wanted defined: Vitriolic and exculpatory. Media expressed surprise no jurors knew definition of "vitriolic"

For those who don't know: vit·ri·ol·ic vitrēˈälik/ adjective filled with bitter criticism or malice.

Exculpatory evidence is evidence favorable to the defendant in a criminal trial that exonerates or tends to exonerate the defendant of guilt

Back to the word 'vitriolic.' That was used the first day of the trial by William McQueen, who went to church with Bob and Jane.

McQueen said Bob started a "vitriolic conversation" with Jane. The judge told him not to use such big words, and he replaced it w 'acerbic'

Don't know if this means anything, but Bob's attorney, McCarthy, and Asst Prosecutors Lindsey and Moran just filed back into the courtroom

#bobbashara is back in the courtroom, too. Judge is going over the two words Vitriolic and Exculpatory. Jury will be given the definitions

Judge told jury: "“Vitriolic is harsh and angry words." Exculpatory "To prove that someone is not guilty of doing something wrong.”

Judge then gave the jury a 15 minute break, and will break for lunch at 12:30

The judge also gave the jurors the definition of "obfuscate," although I didn't hear that. Gotta give credit to my Freep counterpart on that
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by justanopinion on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Any guesses … is it likely that the jury will be back with a verdict today??
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by justanopinion on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Today is Blob's birthday… It would be lovely to have a guilty verdict for his present!
avatar
justanopinion

Posts : 2342
Join date : 2011-11-18
Location : North of the Equator; South of the Pole
Mood : Angry

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:23 pm

justanopinion wrote:Today is Blob's birthday… It would be lovely to have a guilty verdict for his present!

I'm very hopeful there will be verdict today; that would be awesome!

However, since they weren't allowed to take notes, and are being told that they can't have transcripts they've requested until next Thursday, I'm not sure they can reach a unanimous decision today.

Fingers crossed!

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:32 pm


Jen's Trial Diaries retweeted
Robert Allen @rallenMI · 53m 53 minutes ago

#BobBashara jury on lunch break to 2 p.m.

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:17 pm


George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN  ·  14m

No verdict yet in #BobBashara case. Back at it Monday. Have a nice weekend everyone!

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by One Wonders on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:32 pm

I hope the hammer comes down tomorrow on Blob and I have to say I am not fond of Judge Vonda Evans at all. She refused to allow jury note taking and then refuses transcripts "unless they insist" and then wouldn't have them until this coming Thursday? EYEROLL...I think I'm sick of following trials that have all the BIG SHOTS literary kissing defendants asses and not putting a stop to all the BS. I'm sick of it I tell you.
avatar
One Wonders

Posts : 457
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : Big Sky Country
Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 am

Bob Bashara trial deliberations enter day 3

Associated Press  7:26 a.m. EST December 15, 2014

A jury returns for deliberations in the trial of a Grosse Pointe Park man charged with arranging his wife's murder.

The first full day of deliberations ended Friday without a verdict in the case of 57-year-old Bob Bashara. Jurors sent requests to the judge, including the definition of certain words, but had nothing to say about the guilt or innocence of Bob Bashara.

Deliberations resume Monday. Judge Vonda Evans made an unusual remark last week, telling reporters that a verdict might not come until Wednesday.

Read more:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2014/12/15/bashara-trial-deliberations/20423633/

------------------------

Judge not expecting Bashara verdict until Wednesday

Author: Hank Winchester, Local 4 Reporter, @HankLocal4
Dave Bartkowiak Jr. , Online News Editor, @DaveBartko, dbartkowiak@wdiv.com


Published On: Dec 12 2014 03:14:13 PM EST   Updated On: Dec 12 2014 05:43:34 PM EST

Read more:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/judge-not-expecting-bashara-verdict-until-next-week/30202948


Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21153
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:25 am

One Wonders wrote:I hope the hammer comes down tomorrow on Blob and I have to say I am not fond of Judge Vonda Evans at all. She refused to allow jury note taking and then refuses transcripts "unless they insist" and then wouldn't have them until this coming Thursday? EYEROLL...I think I'm sick of following trials that have all the BIG SHOTS literary kissing defendants asses and not putting a stop to all the BS. I'm sick of it I tell you.

Hi One!

The judge presiding over the Bashara trial is very "colorful" to say the least.
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21153
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:45 am

Jurors return for deliberations in Bashara trial

Posted: 11:30 AM, Dec 15, 2014
 
Updated: 9 mins ago


Link to this, and to other articles here:

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/wayne-county/jurors-return-for-deliberations-in-bashara-trial


Last edited by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21153
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:33 pm

Bashara absent as jury deliberates a third day

By Robert Allen, Detroit Free Press  11:59 a.m. EST December 15, 2014

This is the third time the health of Bashara, who has diabetes, has become an issue with the trial.

A problem with Bob Bashara's health is keeping him out of the courthouse today and could delay the end of his murder trial.

Bashara, 57, needs to be present for any jury questions at this "critical stage" of the trial, Wayne County Circuit Court Judge Vonda Evans said. He also would need to be in court for the verdict.

As the three-woman, nine-man jury continues with its third day of deliberations, Bashara is not in his holding cell. Defense attorney Michael McCarthy said he doesn't know where his client is or what's wrong with him.

Read more:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2014/12/15/bashara-trial-deliberations/20423633/
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21153
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Bashara jury sent home for day after defendant falls ill

Published On: Dec 15 2014 07:30:29 AM EST   Updated On: Dec 15 2014 07:30:00 AM EST

DETROIT - A jury returned for a third day deliberations on Monday in the trial of a suburban Detroit-area man charged with arranging his wife's murder.

However, defendant Bob Bashara fell ill and had to leave court. The jury had a question but couldn't get an answer without Bashara there. They were sent home shortly after noon Monday.

Read more:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/jurors-return-after-weekend-for-deliberations-detroitarea-mans-trial-in-plot-to-kill-wife/30235062
avatar
Alessandra_Deux

Posts : 21153
Join date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:37 pm

George Hunter tweets:

Judge: "Mr. Bashara's not present. There's a medical issue. Becuase he's not present, I cannot answer any questions."

Judge will determine tomorrow whether Bob will be able to attend.

Jurors are being released for the day. She will let them know tomorrow if we'll proceed.
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Freckles on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:25 pm

One Wonders wrote:I hope the hammer comes down tomorrow on Blob and I have to say I am not fond of Judge Vonda Evans at all. She refused to allow jury note taking and then refuses transcripts "unless they insist" and then wouldn't have them until this coming Thursday? EYEROLL...I think I'm sick of following trials that have all the BIG SHOTS literary kissing defendants asses and not putting a stop to all the BS. I'm sick of it I tell you.
Yep. That upset me. One or the other would strain a jury but to deny BOTH and rely on a "collective memory" is bs. I notice when the camera is turned on, judge is pandering to the lens.... She must be on her own personal trip here....
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16410
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:38 pm


Bashara hospitalized with undisclosed illness; no court Tuesday

Published On: Dec 15 2014 07:30:29 AM EST   Updated On: Dec 15 2014 07:30:00 AM EST


However, defendant Bob Bashara fell ill and had to leave court. He was hospitalized Monday morning with an undisclosed illness. The jury had a question but couldn't get an answer without Bashara there. They were sent home shortly after noon Monday.

With Bashara in the hospital, court has been canceled for Tuesday. Judge Vonda Evans said court is canceled until further notice.

Bashara is undergoing several tests at Detroit Receiving Hospital. His condition is undetermined at this point, and he could be in the hospital for a few days.

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/jurors-return-after-weekend-for-deliberations-detroitarea-mans-trial-in-plot-to-kill-wife/30235062
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Freckles on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:08 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Bashara hospitalized with undisclosed illness; no court Tuesday

Published On: Dec 15 2014 07:30:29 AM EST   Updated On: Dec 15 2014 07:30:00 AM EST


However, defendant Bob Bashara fell ill and had to leave court. He was hospitalized Monday morning with an undisclosed illness. The jury had a question but couldn't get an answer without Bashara there. They were sent home shortly after noon Monday.

With Bashara in the hospital, court has been canceled for Tuesday. Judge Vonda Evans said court is canceled until further notice.

Bashara is undergoing several tests at Detroit Receiving Hospital. His condition is undetermined at this point, and he could be in the hospital for a few days.

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/jurors-return-after-weekend-for-deliberations-detroitarea-mans-trial-in-plot-to-kill-wife/30235062

Hope there is no flight risk.... Too many games. He IS afraid! And he should be.... Cool
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16410
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:23 pm



George Hunter @GeorgeHunter_DN · 2h 2 hours ago

#BobBashara atty Lillian Diallo says probably no deliberations tomorrow since Bob is still in the hospital. Will update if that changes

avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Freckles on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Being snide here:
Is BB being sick have anything to do with his not having a birthday party last week? Maybe, he was hoping one of the slaves would visit and they could talk about the "good old days" when the dungeon was open? Wonder if his mother or his kids even bothered to give him a good day? Maybe, he could have had a PBJ sandwich instead of the bologna?

And Jane has missed too much of her life at the hands of this murderer who stole everything from her and those who loved her....
avatar
Freckles

Posts : 16410
Join date : 2012-05-13
Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:54 pm


Bashara 'medically unfit,' trial delayed indefinitely

By Tresa Baldas, Detroit Free Press 6:34 p.m. EST December 16, 2014


That's what it's come to in court this week as jury deliberations in the Grosse Pointe Park man's high profile murder trial have been put on hold indefinitely because of a mysterious illness that's landed Bashara in the hospital.

The Wayne County jail chief announced in a statement tonight that "Mr. Bashara is not medically competent to appear in court at this time." Bashara is charged with directing his handyman to kill his wife in January 2012 so that he could be with his mistress and inherit most of his wife's assets.

Wayne County Chief of Jails Jeriel Heard did not elaborate about Bashara's health, saying only that the sheriff will notify the court when Bashara has been cleared by doctors to appear in court.

Bashara's lawyer, Lillian Diallo, said Tuesday that that she plans to visit Bashara in the hospital Wednesday.

Read more:  http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2014/12/16/bashara-medicall-unfit-trial/20502555/
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:35 pm


Briefly Declared ‘Medically Unfit’ For Trial, Bob Bashara To Return To Court For Deliberations Thursday

December 17, 2014 3:58 PM


DETROIT (WWJ) - The trial of Bob Bashara, charged with arranging his wife’s murder, will resume Thursday.

Court-appointed defense attorney Michael McCarthy Wednesday afternoon said Bashara — who must be present for any jury questions or a verdict — has been cleared to return to court.

Read more:  http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/12/17/officials-say-bob-bashara-is-medically-unfit-murder-trial-on-indefinite-hold/
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:39 pm


Bashara jury to resume deliberations Thursday morning

Published On: Dec 17 2014 02:38:58 PM EST   Updated On: Dec 17 2014 04:20:00 PM EST

DETROIT -

Jury deliberations in the trial against Bob Bashara will resume at 10 a.m. Thursday, according to Bashara's attorney.

Bashara, who is accused of arranging his wife Jane's 2012 murder, had been hospitalized with an undisclosed medical issue. He has been discharged from the hospital and is back in jail, according to Detroit Receiving Hospital.

(BBM)

Read more:  http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/bashara-jury-deliberations-to-continue-thursday/30279228
avatar
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Posts : 3293
Join date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Robert Bashara Trial

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum