Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Post by Freckles on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 am

Off Topic

Just watched an A&E  program on Debra Milke.
Had no idea of her past outside of this thread.

Wow. How very tragic for little Christian.
She has no one to stand for her but her own family tossed her down.

Murder case tossed

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/24/justice/arizona-debra-milke-death-sentence/
"....The ending
Last week, the Arizona Supreme Court refused to hear the appeal. And on Monday, all charges against Milke were finally dropped.

The ankle bracelet she had been wearing while on bail was removed. And Milke left the court room, sobbing in relief.

The case is now closed. Debra Milke is finally a free woman...."

Shedding no Tears for Debra Milke

http://www.azcentral.com/story/laurieroberts/2015/03/24/debra-milke-speaks/70379868/
"...Like the words of her sister, Denise Pickinpaugh, who cited times when Milke would lock Christopher outside their home naked if he messed up his pant and once taped a pacifier to his mouth to keep him from splitting it out. Pickinpaugh told a court officer that Milke would throw Christopher across the room as discipline and deprive him of medicine because she was angry that he would get sick. Pickinpaugh also noted that Milke ''would admittedly and purposely give day-care providers wrong residential and telephone information in hopes that she would be able to stay away from the child for greater periods of time.''...."

"...Like the 50-count box of bullets found in Milke's purse after her son's murder, the same kind that were used to kill Christopher. Milke says she'd found them in the pocket of Styer's jeans the night before the murder, while sorting his laundry, and so naturally put them into her purse.

"Clearly I forgot that they were in my purse," she said...."

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debra_Milke
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:55 pm

colsnipe wrote:

Bumping this little gem into the New Year. JA hasn't been free to celebrate a new year, slash tires, or butcher decent human-beings since 2008.
That is something to celebrate.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:36 am

Mylife101 wrote:
▲  ▲ ▲  ▲  ▲
Bumping this little gem into the New Year. JA hasn't been free to celebrate a new year, slash tires, or butcher decent human-beings since 2008.
Indeed!  

Freckles wrote:Juan's book:

"....Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars Hardcover – February 16, 2016
by Juan Martinez (Author)...."

"....Now, speaking openly for the first time, prosecutor Juan Martinez will unearth new details from the investigation that were never revealed at trial, exploring key facts from the case and the pieces of evidence he chose to keep close to the vest. Throughout the trials, his bullish and unfaltering prosecution strategy was both commended and criticized, and in his book, Martinez will illuminate the unique tactics he utilized in this case and how they lead to a successful conviction, and-for the first time-discuss how he felt losing the death penalty sentence he’d pursued for years.

Going beyond the news reports, Martinez will explore the truth behind the multiple facades of Jodi Arias. Sparring with her from across the stand, Martinez came to know Arias like no one else could, dissecting what it took for a seemingly normal girl to become a deluded, cunning, and unrepentant murderer.

With new stories from behind the scenes of the trial and Martinez’s own take on his defendant, the book takes you inside the mind of Jodi Arias like never before. Complete with 16 pages of photos from the case and trial, this book is the definitive account of the case that shocked America...."

http://www.amazon.com/Conviction-Untold-Story-Putting-Behind/dp/006244428X/ref=pd_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51VdfkIP3RL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR106%2C160_&refRID=1J4ZNQ3GCM2DG0RJ2QKT
Bumping this!!

Soon, now.  February 26, 2016!!  

Snipped quote and video at link:  "County Attorney Bill Montgomery is finally speaking out on a controversial book written by one of his deputy prosecutors."
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/jodi-arias-update-prosecutor-juan-martinez-releasing-book-on-convicted-killer-
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:57 pm

Recalling the story of Travis interrupting an armed robbery at Mimi's....
BTW, the restaurant is in very close proximity to the Dec shoot out at Inland Regional center by the two Muslims...

Man shot outside Mimi’s Cafe in San Bernardino; suspect sought
By Joe Nelson, The Sun
POSTED: 01/06/16, 11:16 AM PST

"....SAN BERNARDINO >> A man is in critical condition after being shot outside Mimi’s Cafe this morning, police said.

The shooting was reported at 10:35 a.m. and occurred in the rear parking lot of the restaurant located at 395 E. Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino police Lt. Dan Gomez said.

No suspects have been identified, and the motive for the shooting was not immediately clear.

“They’re just now starting the investigation. They’re looking for the suspect now,” Gomez said. He said the victim was en route to the hospital in critical condition.

The police are searching for a vehicle connected to the shooting, described as a red Ford pickup, license plate DPV3948, according to the San Bernardino Police Department Twitter account...."

http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20160106/man-shot-outside-mimis-cafe-in-san-bernardino-suspect-sought?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
colsnipe wrote:

Thanks MyLife for bumping clock. Been meaning to get back over here.
colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:32 pm

colsnipe wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:

Thanks MyLife for bumping clock. Been meaning to get back over here.

LOL. She won't be going to any games soon...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
colsnipe wrote:

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Jodi Arias reveals what life in prison is like during phone call with rapper
SHARE STORY BY KTAR.COM | January 26, 2016

"....PHOENIX — Convicted murderer Jodi Arias gave a glimpse into her life inside of an Arizona prison during a phone call this month with a rapper...."

"...
PHOENIX — Convicted murderer Jodi Arias gave a glimpse into her life inside of an Arizona prison during a phone call this month with a rapper.

The call, posted by Radar Online, took place Jan. 10 between Arias and Kareem “Lefty” Williams, a Philadelphia-based rapper who produced a song defending her that also serves as an awareness campaign for domestic violence and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

The pair discussed the song’s video for a short time during the 15-minute call. Williams said many people wanted him to remove Arias’ name and likeness from the video, which has been pulled from YouTube.

“It doesn’t need to revolve around me,” Arias responded. “Keep the focus on where it belongs: PTSD and domestic violence.”

While Williams said the video has been met with critical reviews online — he claimed he had 10,000 Twitter mentions at one point — Arias said she is sill receiving a lot of support.

“I’ve got so much love coming in my direction I can’t even respond to it all,” she said.

Arias continued to show support for Williams, who is also working to start a nonprofit for victims of domestic violence.

“Haters are going to hate,” she said, with a chuckle.

A majority of the call was spent discussing Arias’ life behind bars at the Perryville Women’s Prison in Goodyear.

“I’m doing alright, not too bad,” she said.

Arias said she has several entertainment options, including a radio.

“Pretty much all the Phoenix stations,” she said. “I can’t seem to get any AM stations. I get all FM right now.”

Aside from the radio, Arias said she reads and has a decent selection of television channels — “Univision, FreeForm, ABC, TBS, PBS, Fox, BET, CNN, TNT, USA, Lifetime, A&E” — including three faith-based networks...."

http://ktar.com/story/873757/jodi-arias-reveals-what-life-in-prison-is-like-during-phone-call-with-rapper/
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:31 am

Freckles wrote:Jodi Arias reveals what life in prison is like during phone call with rapper
SHARE STORY BY KTAR.COM | January 26, 2016

"....PHOENIX — Convicted murderer Jodi Arias gave a glimpse into her life inside of an Arizona prison during a phone call this month with a rapper...."

"...
PHOENIX — Convicted murderer Jodi Arias gave a glimpse into her life inside of an Arizona prison during a phone call this month with a rapper.

The call, posted by Radar Online, took place Jan. 10 between Arias and Kareem “Lefty” Williams, a Philadelphia-based rapper who produced a song defending her that also serves as an awareness campaign for domestic violence and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

The pair discussed the song’s video for a short time during the 15-minute call. Williams said many people wanted him to remove Arias’ name and likeness from the video, which has been pulled from YouTube.

“It doesn’t need to revolve around me,” Arias responded. “Keep the focus on where it belongs: PTSD and domestic violence.”

While Williams said the video has been met with critical reviews online — he claimed he had 10,000 Twitter mentions at one point — Arias said she is sill receiving a lot of support.

“I’ve got so much love coming in my direction I can’t even respond to it all,” she said.

Arias continued to show support for Williams, who is also working to start a nonprofit for victims of domestic violence.

“Haters are going to hate,” she said, with a chuckle.

A majority of the call was spent discussing Arias’ life behind bars at the Perryville Women’s Prison in Goodyear.

“I’m doing alright, not too bad,” she said.

Arias said she has several entertainment options, including a radio.

“Pretty much all the Phoenix stations,” she said. “I can’t seem to get any AM stations. I get all FM right now.”

Aside from the radio, Arias said she reads and has a decent selection of television channels — “Univision, FreeForm, ABC, TBS, PBS, Fox, BET, CNN, TNT, USA, Lifetime, A&E” — including three faith-based networks...."

http://ktar.com/story/873757/jodi-arias-reveals-what-life-in-prison-is-like-during-phone-call-with-rapper/

.....the words "life in prison" were the best part of this fairytale Laughing
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:00 am

Just found this. Wonder if the judge has seen it?
The advocate needs to be disciplined and removed.
Our friend, SprayCanAnn...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6SNnu3IhDU

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:09 am

Stuff I missed... Wow!

From SprayCanAnn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qplv1oLJPFg

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:15 am

The story of the skateboarders!! Oh, my.
Thank you, S. King.... and SprayCanAnn!

https://youtu.be/eDkW1V2x4bc

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:19 am

Legally Speaking: Jodi Arias no longer deserves to be in the spotlight
SHARE STORY BY MONICA LINDSTROM | January 29, 2016

From comments:
"...MyRedPony coconutz • 14 hours ago
I think you're right, coconutz, she will lose what little she has. People were calling Perryville and complaining about the ROA like crazy, and PV said they were "looking into it." I am sure that they are not happy. They don't want anyone thinking that a prisoner is controlling the prison. As much as I don't care what 281129 has to say, I would LOVE to find out how she was sanctioned. My bet is that she loses all phone privileges except for her attorneys, she will have to start at the bottom to get any visitation if it's not taken completely away. I don't believe for 1 second that she gets all the TV networks she spouted off, and I hope they take her TV away. This isn't Sheriff Joe's house where she can play all loosey-goosey with the rules. This is prison. She proved yet again that she doesn't think the rules apply to her. She just doesn't seem to understand that she is never going to win an appeal, she is never going to leave PV unless it's in a pine box, and no one believes her BS about PTSD. It was proven in court that she didn't have PTSD b/c when that finding was made, she was still telling the ninjas story. She was never a victim of Domestic Violence, but Travis was....."

http://ktar.com/story/878192/legally-speaking-jodi-arias-no-longer-deserves-to-be-in-the-spotlight/
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:43 am

From Nurmi's book:

VIDEO
Still A Sex Freak! Jodi Arias Attorney Reveals Her X-Rated ‘Flirtatious Behavior’
She even told him about her 'grooming' down below!

Posted on Jan 28, 2016

"....Nurmi, who authored the book Trapped with Ms. Arias, told Grace that Jodi told him “stories about her vaginal grooming,” and that she engaged in “flirtatious behavior.”..."

http://radaronline.com/videos/jodi-arias-kirk-nurmi-video-lawyer-nancy-grace-vaginal-grooming-flirting-inappropriate-behavior/
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:01 am

colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:27 pm

colsnipe wrote:

LOL! Just sneaking a peak at that eternal clock! newspaper

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm

Busted Behind Bars! Jodi Arias Found Guilty Of Prison Violation
The killer is racking up a rap sheet while serving a life sentence. Find out why.

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 @ 13:33PM

"...Arias’ violation was committed on February 3, 2016 and was a “Disciplinary Infraction” for “Disrespect of Staff,” Radar confirmed with the Perryville Prison Public Information Officer.

On February 9, 2016, Arias was found guilty of the accusation...."

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jodi-arias-prison-trouble-travis-alexander-killer-guilty-disciplinary-infraction-violation-perryville/
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:09 am

Also....IIRC, Juan's book is out this month. The 26th on Amazon, I believe.

Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Apparently... Juan will be live on radio/TV with Nancy Grace on MONDAY.
I have no other details other than those mentioned in this link:

https://twitter.com/NancyGraceHLN/status/698165814613188608

I do not know how to link in on Nancy Grace so maybe someone else can give us an update??
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:09 pm

Freckles wrote:Apparently... Juan will be live on radio/TV with Nancy Grace on MONDAY.
I have no other details other than those mentioned in this link:

https://twitter.com/NancyGraceHLN/status/698165814613188608

I do not know how to link in on Nancy Grace so maybe someone else can give us an update??
Thanks for this, Freckles!  I'm planning on watching it.

I'm sure it's a plug for his book, but everyone promotes their book.

CNN and HLN have both changed so much that the only way I can watch them is on my TV.  I do think a transcript of the show might be possible, and maybe video clips.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Jodi Arias loses visitation privileges after making vulgar remark about correctional officer
Vivian Padilla
7:02 PM, Feb 12, 2016

"...According to a report from the Arizona Department of Corrections, Arias was disrespectful to staff on February 3 around 11 a.m. when she admitted to a correctional officer that she called the officer a "c*** blocker."

The officer said Arias originally made the comment to another officer while she was making a call. The remark was investigated and according to Arias, the comment was taken out of context.

The report goes on to state that Arias made the remark in front of another inmate. She claims she hears "other inmates talk that way all the time and figured it was ok."

According to the report, Arias who was making a phone call had requested a haircut, but the request was denied by an officer. She was informed of the officer's decision, and she then said to another officer, who had informed her of the denial, that she "knew she would say no" because "she's a c*** blocker."

Arias was later confronted about the remark, and the inmate did not want to admit to it but later did.

She claims she "did not know that word to mean anything sexual" and the officer could look up the phrase on Urban Dictionary "because that would show it means to 'stonewall someone.'"...."

"..... the inmate will have to demonstrate at least 180 days of good behavior in order to see visitors again. ..." Laughing

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/jodi-arias-loses-visitation-privileges-after-making-vulgar-remark-about-correctional-officer

(IMO, she appears to have her alternative dictionary handy....)
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by colsnipe on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:41 am

colsnipe

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:19 pm

She keeps forgetting she is not running the show !
That seems to be a lesson she failed to learn as a child... a teen...and an adult.
Just keep her away from knives and guns.
And take away her dictionary of slang/unofficial English language...
study
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:07 am

Weeziethm wrote:Also....IIRC, Juan's book is out this month.  The 26th on Amazon, I believe.

Jodi Arias Prosecutor Juan Martinez Shares Trial Secrets In New Book
BY MARIA VULTAGGIO @MARIAMZZARELLA ON 02/19/16 AT 12:46 PM

"....Martinez recalled the scene of the crime in his book. "I immediately noticed a large amount of blood on the carpet bordering the hallway leading to the bathroom," Martinez said, according to Radar Online.

The bathroom, where Alexander was found in the shower, was “chaos.” The prosecutor wrote: Alexander's dead, naked body, "legs bent to his chest, head pressed onto his right shoulder, feet pushing against the wall." ..."

http://www.ibtimes.com/jodi-arias-prosecutor-juan-martinez-shares-trial-secrets-new-book-2315014
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:32 am

Freckles wrote:
Weeziethm wrote:Also....IIRC, Juan's book is out this month.  The 26th on Amazon, I believe.

Jodi Arias Prosecutor Juan Martinez Shares Trial Secrets In New Book
BY MARIA VULTAGGIO @MARIAMZZARELLA ON 02/19/16 AT 12:46 PM

"....Martinez recalled the scene of the crime in his book. "I immediately noticed a large amount of blood on the carpet bordering the hallway leading to the bathroom," Martinez said, according to Radar Online.

The bathroom, where Alexander was found in the shower, was “chaos.” The prosecutor wrote: Alexander's dead, naked body, "legs bent to his chest, head pressed onto his right shoulder, feet pushing against the wall." ..."

http://www.ibtimes.com/jodi-arias-prosecutor-juan-martinez-shares-trial-secrets-new-book-2315014
I just got his book downloaded to my Kindle app.  As of yet, I'm not very far into it; so I'm finding it mostly a review.  I'm enjoying the glimpses into the hard work and time consuming effort Mr. Martinez put into bringing this case to trial.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:32 pm

NAN
I am hoping there are some good behind the scenes observations from Juan...
Maybe, a show-down with Nurmi???
A melt-down of Wilmot?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Freckles wrote:NAN
I am hoping there are some good behind the scenes observations from Juan...
Maybe, a show-down with Nurmi???
A melt-down of Wilmot?
I'm hoping for something, too.  

If anything strikes me, I'll snip a little bit of it and comment.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:41 pm

colsnipe wrote:

Uh OOOO,
It appears something has gone wrong with our clock!!!
I hope it counting backward doesn't let Hodi out of prison, LOL
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:50 pm

No-no! This is the clock for when she has JUST privileges restored...unless she screws up again! Because of her crude rudeness to a prison guard, she got slapped with visitation restrictions for 180 days! lol She still has the loner sentence to serve.

Last edited by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:51 pm

Freckles wrote:
colsnipe wrote:

LOL! Just sneaking a peak at that eternal clock! newspaper

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:56 pm

Freckles wrote:No-no! This is the clock for when she has JUST privileges restored...unless she screw up again! Because of her crude rudeness to a prison guard, she got slapped with visitation restrictions for 180 days! lol She still has the loner sentence to serve.

LOL, I guess I should thank a teacher that I know how to read...AND put that skill to work. Thanks, Freckles, for pointing out that this is a different clock.

Gee, I wonder if JA is still lying to herself that killing TA was worth it to her.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:57 pm

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:01 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Freckles wrote:No-no! This is the clock for when she has JUST privileges restored...unless she screw up again! Because of her crude rudeness to a prison guard, she got slapped with visitation restrictions for 180 days! lol She still has the loner sentence to serve.

LOL, I guess I should thank a teacher that I know how to read...AND put that skill to work. Thanks, Freckles, for pointing out that this is a different clock.

Gee, I wonder if JA is still lying to herself that killing TA was worth it to her.

She (and her mother) are maintaining it was self defense...
says Travis was abuse abusive to her.

While the mother NEVER said prior to trial she had knowledge of Travis abusing her daughter,
suddenly she now recalls seeing bruises on JA.
When questioned by detectives at the time of JA's arrest, she stated she had no reason to believe Travis would abuse JA; to the contrary, the mother stated JA was "always a little bit off..."

Last edited by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo! If I took the time to type properly I might be stifled forever!)
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:53 am

These are two vids from your link.  What looks like a third video is actually a very nice photo of Mr. Martinez.

I linked them from YouTube as I was having a lot of trouble getting them to play at the above link.  These are the exact videos, though.

A quote from the write up:

Snipped quote:  Martinez says "I think there was a lesson to be learned here. You're just not going to get away with murder, you're just not."
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/one-on-one-with-juan-martinez-prosecutor-speaks-out-on-jodi-arias-trial

Sadly, we all know that is not always true.  I think perhaps he is not giving himself enough credit.  It was because of his fine style; his devotion to the details; his back breaking effort; and his desire to obtain justice for Travis that got this creature placed behind bars.  Raw hard work and effort, delivered with brains and class.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:15 am

I can't give this a thumbs up or anything yet, as I haven't watched it; but it was published to YouTube on  February 16, 2016.  I believe it is the Dr. Phil show from the 15th.

I'm going to get a fresh coffee and give it a try.  

Part 1:  https://youtu.be/RS-jfAT2Ob8

Part 2:  https://youtu.be/g3lekAv0f4c

Part 3:  https://youtu.be/p9WMfhDHYJY
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:01 pm

LOL, i saw the headlines on this but never read the article. i didn't realize she got a 6 month restriction!
hahahaha!

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Nan:
Thanks for posting the vid with Juan.

I see the detectives doing the finest work and Juan assembling the evidence for presentation.
JA might have gotten away with the crime but
1. She wanted to be the star of the show; bragging rights, fan club, etc.
2. She wanted everyone to know "whatever JA wants, JA gets!"
3. Overplayed her hand
4. A few too wild lies
5. The drone on and on about HER sexual prowess... as if the lack of privacy and dignity on her part was preferred to the modesty of the man (ie, "...Travis was ashamed ...")

She went on and on and it bored everyone...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:06 pm

From Nan above: ^^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS-jfAT2Ob8&feature=youtu.be

"....Published on Feb 16, 2016
Part 1 of 3. Dr. Phil talks to the prosecutor of the Jodi Arias trial, Juan Martinez. He also talks to Juror 8 who was a juror in the penalty phase retrial. In those deliberations, the vote was 11-1 in favor of the death penalty. Since the death penalty requires a unanimous vote, Jodi Arias escaped the death penalty by a single vote. The holdout juror who voted against the death penalty became the subject of controversy since it later became known that Martinez had prosecuted her ex-husband. Jodi Arias is currently serving a term of life in prison without the possibility of release/parole.

This was aired a day before Martinez’s book was released: Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars...."

Wow! This was aired less than a WEEK ago!
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:25 pm

^^^^
From vid 1 of above:
@ 13:40 Juan talks of finding a gun and two knives in the second white rental car the day JA was arrested. Because of the car being rented elsewhere, it being white, the "hidden gun" in the car, and the two knives, Juan believes JA WAS going to repeat the murder...Who? Darryl or Matt? JA said she was heading down the coast to find Matt. Was he to be her next target?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Published on Feb 16, 2016
In his primetime exclusive with Nancy Grace, Juan Martinez, the prosecutor who put Jodi Arias behind bars for life, reveals the convicted killer went on an emergency bikini shopping trip after attending Travis Alexander’s memorial service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBArlFITxw#t=22

Note: At 11: 24 is a CLEAR picture of Travis bleeding out next to JA's striped pant leg.
I have not seen this so clear!
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:08 pm

Another Juan case.  Scott Falater trial case. Sleepwalking.
Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnuHNtGogYw

Juan in earlier appeals case. Robert Towery appeals case. Bad childhood.
@21:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQuXm505bs

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Juan and Richard Chrisman. Cop killing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNGnzVZXMz4

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Freckles wrote:Published on Feb 16, 2016
In his primetime exclusive with Nancy Grace, Juan Martinez, the prosecutor who put Jodi Arias behind bars for life, reveals the convicted killer went on an emergency bikini shopping trip after attending Travis Alexander’s memorial service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XBArlFITxw#t=22

Note: At 11: 24 is a CLEAR picture of Travis bleeding out next to JA's striped pant leg.
I have not seen this so clear!
Thank you so much for this video, Freckles!  I hadn't seen it before as I fell asleep the night it aired.  

I think Mr. Martinez would have had more to say if Nancy hadn't interrupted so often.  Still I enjoyed watching it.

I am finished the book, but it had no "fireworks" moment for me.  As mentioned in this video, the gas cans are important in Mr. Martinez' book.  He explains that he could not share the significance of them with anyone until he began his cross-examination of the defense witness Darryl Brewer, because he didn't want to give Arias a chance to plan an explanation.  Then, he waited until he had Arias, herself, on cross to mention the third one.

He never told a soul that any of this was coming--not even Detective Flores--because he understood that the detective would have had to write up a report.

Yes, the picture is in his book, and it is much clearer than any I saw before, too.  It actually looks to me like she had shoes on and pulled the sock over her shoe, but I'm still not sure about that.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:43 pm

Freckles wrote:Nan:
Thanks for posting the vid with Juan.

I see the detectives doing the finest work and Juan assembling the evidence for presentation.
JA might have gotten away with the crime but
1. She wanted to be the star of the show; bragging rights, fan club, etc.
2. She wanted everyone to know "whatever JA wants, JA gets!"
3. Overplayed her hand
4. A few too wild lies
5. The drone on and on about HER sexual prowess... as if the lack of privacy and dignity on her part was preferred to the modesty of the man (ie, "...Travis was ashamed ...")

She went on and on and it bored everyone...
BBM  One thing I want to mention before I forget is that Juan Martinez actually mentions twice in his book about the loss of Detective Esteban Flores' son; and how he put aside his own pain to finish his work at the trial.

Mr. Martinez includes a nice picture of the detective and his son in the photos section.  I thought it was a lovely, caring gesture.

(It's late for me. LOL  I'll be back tomorrow to check out your newest comments.)
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:49 am

Prison Crackdown! Jodi Arias Cell ‘Tossed’ By Guards With Dogs

The convicted killer is under intense scrutiny after X-rated rant.

Posted on Feb 22, 2016 @ 7:02AM

Jodi Arias‘ life behind bars has taken a turn for the worse ever since she was busted calling a guard an X-rated word. She lost her contact visit privileges after the incident, and now, RadarOnline.com has exclusively confirmed that her cell is being frequently searched by guards using dogs!

Travis Alexander‘s convicted killer is serving a life sentence at the Perryville Prison in Arizona and according to a fellow inmate her room is “tossed all the time,” by officers looking for contraband.

Shawna Forde, who claims she shares a vent with Arias, released a four-page letter dated February 8, 2016, about the targeted punishment she believes the infamous Arias receives, and detailed how prison officials are cracking down on her.

read more:
http://radaronline.com/videos/jodi-arias-prison-search-guards-dogs-toss-cell-after-violation-inmate-shawna-forde-reveals/

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:11 pm

^^^
She gets her cheap thrills off the cavity searches...
awe
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:11 am

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 am

At times, Monica Lindstrom has not been a favorite of mine, but this interview was outstanding. She avoided the "standard" questions and I thought asked some very well prepared questions covering a lot of ground. Juan is amazing!

BTW, I am half way through his book "Conviction". No huge bombshells but it is a great read. You get a real sense of what Juan was thinking and doing in preparation for the trial and sentencing. Subtle things are revealed which bring clarity to much of what we saw.

And his answer in the above interview where he states that JA was "by far" the most challenging and difficult defendant he ever came across - wow! Thankfully he got her Cool
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:45 pm

I very much enjoyed listening to the interview, but I don't think I heard it all.

Does it end with her saying, "but ...?" Drats!
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top