Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodi Arias--Trial for the murder of Travis Alexander #30

Post by Nan11 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Weeziethm wrote:At times, Monica Lindstrom has not been a favorite of mine, but this interview was outstanding.  She avoided the "standard" questions and I thought asked some very well prepared questions covering a lot of ground.  Juan is amazing!

BTW, I am half way through his book "Conviction".  No huge bombshells but it is a great read.  You get a real sense of what Juan was thinking and doing in preparation for the trial and sentencing.  Subtle things are revealed which bring clarity to much of what we saw.  

And his answer in the above interview where he states that JA was "by far" the most challenging and difficult defendant he ever came across - wow!  Thankfully he got her Cool
Bold by me - Yes, that's it exactly!  

I struggled with the issue of those gas cans the whole trial; so it's such a relief to finally have that sorted out plus to glimpse the planning behind it.
Nan11

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:03 pm

I would agree with the gas cans. I was a big "huh? What's the big deal with this?" until I listened to the audio. It was of interest of how he/they went to such great lengths to decode the sales rcpt.

I was curious about Dr. Samuels and the "shrinking Violet".... and the other so-called experts brought in.

Juan mentioned he thot she might have been heading off to do another person in.
Any guesses who that might be?
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:17 am

The night before she was arrested, LE had surveillance outside of grandparents house.  Earlier that night, they had gone to Casa Ramos where JA was working and found out she was not there. Later it was found out that co-workers had called JA saying that LE was looking for her.  Meanwhile, Sandy and JA were observed sitting in the driveway in Sandy's car for one hour having an emotional conversation.  Later Sandy told LE that she had called and asked JA to drive over to HER house because she could not sleep and needed someone to talk with.  That doesn't happen and Sandy goes to JA instead.  

The next morning, LE are back watching.  They see a white rental car in the driveway that JA is loading with boxes.  Apparently, dad was enlisted to arrive early (7:30 am) and took JA to the rental place.  IMO, JA did some fancy talking to Sandy probably about "turning her life around" the night before, hence getting parents to help her.  When LE saw her loading the car, they were afraid she was about to bolt and they swooped in and arrested her.  Two knives were found immediately, and a 9mm gun was found in the trunk, much later on during a search.

Soooooo... there was a new plan!!  My guess is Darryl (he knew she borrowed the gas cans and too much backstory), or the Hughes'.

P.S.  There is a thread over on WS where they are discussing the book in depth.  Very interesting!!  Also they have posted some videos of Juan's cross examination (day 25).  I couldn't help myself and watched one yesterday - the one where JA had to show the linebacker position and when he busted her on the finger.  Priceless Very Happy

eta: Wanted to add that in watching the video after reading some of Juan's comments in the book, it was so clear how spectacular an attorney he is! He said she is a master at wordsmithing...and boy that is crystal clear. She never answers a question directly - but it is subtle. You have to really pay attention or you can think that she did. She was smooth, but not smooth enough for Juan-tastic!!!
Weeziethm

Mood : Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:32 pm

Freckles wrote:I would agree with the gas cans. I was a big "huh? What's the big deal with this?" until I listened to the audio. It was of interest of how he/they went to such great lengths to decode the sales rcpt.

I was curious about Dr. Samuels and the "shrinking Violet".... and the other so-called experts brought in.

Juan mentioned he thot she might have been heading  off to do another person in.
Any guesses who that might be?
Mr. Martinez felt that both Samuels and LaViolette undermined the defense case.  Samuels because he based his opinion on a proven and discarded lie from Arias; and LaViolette because it appeared that she believed "even Snow White was a battered woman."

There is also a really good part in his book where he compares Arias' "story" to the tale of Cinderella, as if Arias thought of herself as Cinderella--and it hit the mark.

I think he was so successful in his prosecution because he really grasped who Arias really is; he never lost sight of that.

Arias, of course, never revealed the truth about where she was headed the morning they arrested her.  Another little interesting tidbit from the book--they found a "plethora of condoms" in one of her packed suitcases.

If I recall correctly, I believe Mr. Martinez speculates a visit to Darryl Brewer may have been on her agenda.  I think he mentions at least one other possibility, but it has slipped from my failing memory.  I'm hoping someone else might mention it.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Weeziethm wrote:The night before she was arrested, LE had surveillance outside of grandparents house.  Earlier that night, they had gone to Casa Ramos where JA was working and found out she was not there. Later it was found out that co-workers had called JA saying that LE was looking for her.  Meanwhile, Sandy and JA were observed sitting in the driveway in Sandy's car for one hour having an emotional conversation.  Later Sandy told LE that she had called and asked JA to drive over to HER house because she could not sleep and needed someone to talk with.  That doesn't happen and Sandy goes to JA instead.  

The next morning, LE are back watching.  They see a white rental car in the driveway that JA is loading with boxes.  Apparently, dad was enlisted to arrive early (7:30 am) and took JA to the rental place.  IMO, JA did some fancy talking to Sandy probably about "turning her life around" the night before, hence getting parents to help her.  When LE saw her loading the car, they were afraid she was about to bolt and they swooped in and arrested her.  Two knives were found immediately, and a 9mm gun was found in the trunk, much later on during a search.

Soooooo... there was a new plan!!  My guess is Darryl (he knew she borrowed the gas cans and too much backstory), or the Hughes'.

P.S.  There is a thread over on WS where they are discussing the book in depth.  Very interesting!!  Also they have posted some videos of Juan's cross examination (day 25).  I couldn't help myself and watched one yesterday - the one where JA had to show the linebacker position and when he busted her on the finger.  Priceless Very Happy

eta:  Wanted to add that in watching the video after reading some of Juan's comments in the book, it was so clear how spectacular an attorney he is!  He said she is a master at wordsmithing...and boy that is crystal clear.  She never answers a question directly - but it is subtle.  You have to really pay attention or you can think that she did. She was smooth, but not smooth enough for Juan-tastic!!!
Oh, gosh!  I was wishing I could find a clip of the part that Mr. Martinez describes as Arias' "flash of anger."  (Near the bottom of page 329.)

This will be a pathetic attempt to put it in my own words, but I will try for those who haven't read his book:  Martinez has Arias on cross, and she is doing her thing trying to manipulate the jury into thinking how pitiful and abused she was and is; and Juan continues to drill her, asking about her "memory" problems.  She loses her cool for just long enough to "retort" that her problem presents itself only when men like Mr. Martinez and Travis are "screaming" or "grilling" her.

I remember that moment from trial; but, I don't believe I grasped how revealing her actions appeared live in the court room.

Mr. Martinez explains in that moment he felt the jury and all courtroom spectators could clearly visualize her fully capable of murder.

I believe her statement "no jury will convict me" would have came true had it not been for Juan Martinez--prosecutor extraordinaire.  

Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:19 pm

I enjoy the comments. So much to this case and it is interesting what each person finds as revealing.

In your opinion:
Did JA actually break down on the stand and cry?
Was she ducking behind her hair to cry or to laugh?

(I observed she started the "cry" as she turned toward the jury, and then she extended the right ring finger as if it was broken... I thot to myself, "Wrong hand!!!She stuck out the ring finger on the wrong hand!!!" Did anyone else observe that?)
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:23 am

I am re-watching Day 25 of cross (1 of 3 videos on David Lohr's youtube) and will make a note to pay attention to which hand....but, Freckles, I believe without a shadow of a doubt that she was fake "crying" - as you said, using her hair as a shield and playing for an Academy Award. Sadly lacking!

I am only on page 120 of the book, Nan, but absolutely agree with you that Juan and only Juan made her conviction a reality -

Looking forward to more discussion!
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Weeziethm on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:51 am

Jen's Trial Diaries interview with Juan Martinez on 2/24/16...

http://www.spreecast.com/events/live-with-juan-martinez

eta:  A couple of highlights from this interview... Juan did interview Matt McCartney.  Matt stopped it in the middle and walked out; Juan could not figure out why but never intended to call him as witness because he was not there and his only input would be from what JA told him (and she is a liar!).  Does not know why DT did not call Matt.  Juan thinks JA's head down/hair covering/crying jag was fake and attempt at manipulation.  He called it a performance LOL.    Thinks sex tape was possible blackmail attempt.  Not sure where she disposed of items (gun,knives,clothing) but phone came on 60 miles from NV border on 93 and he thinks that was a possible spot.  Too vast an area for LE to investigate.  Did not worry about jury questions - never tries to interpret them.  Question posed: where did JA get all her cash?  He said well she stopped in Monterrey and then made 2 deposits - implies from Darryl.  His next case is in May and Det Flores has a role in it!
Weeziethm

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Thanks, Weezie! Cool

This is most interesting.
I, too, thot JA was using the sex tape for blackmail on Travis.
I thot the crying was fake but could not figure out her game strategy there.

Does Juan not recall how he threatened to have Matt M locked up IF he showed up in AZ? There was the magazine incident (and I understand Juan was there when that went down! He was actually in the visitation room...!) Further, JA had Matt lie under oath re Travis being a pedophile...I had admired Juan's strategy in "knocking down" the defense...brilliant chess move, IMO. Maybe JA felt let down by Matt and was going to do him in...

Bobbie was the one I was surprised Juan did not call. However, by then, IMO, it was apparent Juan had locked the case up.

Darryl was never asked about the money on the stand. I figure she stole it from her grandmother, her family. her employment... I was sure she cut her finger at work on purpose in order to force her employer to give her time off and a cash advance on her pay check. She was trying to black mail employer with the state when she insisted paper work did not need to be filed for her injury....(Then she bs-ed about the finger and how Travis had "broken" it...I wanted the X-rays on that!)

Don't know where she got rid of some of the stuff but I considered she had stopped off at the springs she had earlier visited with Travis and the Freemans. I figured she would wash up there and toss the stuff and have plausibility of "wanting to visit a favorite memory" on her way to Utah. It would have brought her emotions full circle with the focus on happier days (not really) and got her in the mood to see Ryan in Utah. A kind of acknowledging yesterday and moving on.

Do you know what case he will next be on? I enjoy having him prosecute as he cuts to the bone. Like Det. Flores as he holds down the fort....
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:20 pm

Weeziethm wrote:The night before she was arrested, LE had surveillance outside of grandparents house.  Earlier that night, they had gone to Casa Ramos where JA was working and found out she was not there. Later it was found out that co-workers had called JA saying that LE was looking for her.  Meanwhile, Sandy and JA were observed sitting in the driveway in Sandy's car for one hour having an emotional conversation.  Later Sandy told LE that she had called and asked JA to drive over to HER house because she could not sleep and needed someone to talk with.  That doesn't happen and Sandy goes to JA instead.  

eta:  Wanted to add that in watching the video after reading some of Juan's comments in the book, it was so clear how spectacular an attorney he is!  He said she is a master at wordsmithing...and boy that is crystal clear.  She never answers a question directly - but it is subtle.  You have to really pay attention or you can think that she did. She was smooth, but not smooth enough for Juan-tastic!!!
From above:

You know, after thinking about this, IMO, you could be right on the money re Darryl! It makes sense. After all, with Darryl dead (and cans returned) no one would know she had driven that far south in CA... Well, Darryl's sister...but she never met with her, right? Been so long ago... She absolutely hated Skye Hughes and thru her, Chris Hughes. They knew too much about her...I just don't see her risking that much at that time by taking out the Hughes. I DO think she may have gone after Darryl... let the young son find Daddy's body....she would be long gone visiting alibi Matt up north a way....
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:27 am

Weeziethm wrote:At times, Monica Lindstrom has not been a favorite of mine, but this interview was outstanding.  She avoided the "standard" questions and I thought asked some very well prepared questions covering a lot of ground.  Juan is amazing!

BTW, I am half way through his book "Conviction".  No huge bombshells but it is a great read.  You get a real sense of what Juan was thinking and doing in preparation for the trial and sentencing.  Subtle things are revealed which bring clarity to much of what we saw.  

And his answer in the above interview where he states that JA was "by far" the most challenging and difficult defendant he ever came across - wow!  Thankfully he got her Cool

I just finished Juan's book today and I completely agree! Loved reading about his thoughts from Day 1 and the strategies he chose. Great read, indeed!

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Weeziethm wrote:Jen's Trial Diaries interview with Juan Martinez on 2/24/16...

http://www.spreecast.com/events/live-with-juan-martinez

eta:  A couple of highlights from this interview... Juan did interview Matt McCartney.  Matt stopped it in the middle and walked out; Juan could not figure out why but never intended to call him as witness because he was not there and his only input would be from what JA told him (and she is a liar!).  Does not know why DT did not call Matt.  Juan thinks JA's head down/hair covering/crying jag was fake and attempt at manipulation.  He called it a performance LOL.    Thinks sex tape was possible blackmail attempt.  Not sure where she disposed of items (gun,knives,clothing) but phone came on 60 miles from NV border on 93 and he thinks that was a possible spot.  Too vast an area for LE to investigate.  Did not worry about jury questions - never tries to interpret them.  Question posed: where did JA get all her cash?  He said well she stopped in Monterrey and then made 2 deposits - implies from Darryl.  His next case is in May and Det Flores has a role in it!
Thank you so much for this link.  

I am always struck by the modesty of this man!

It is so strange that the Helio phone used to record the sex tape was reported stolen and then "miraculously" appeared.  I'm not sure of the time frame, but I'm wondering if Travis found out about its existence and demanded that she erase it?
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:10 am

Jodi Arias’ Mom Distraught Her Daughter’s Mouthing Off In Jail Results In Ban On Contact

Convicted killer must now 'be behind glass, talking on the phone' during visits.

Posted on Mar 1, 2016 @ 19:25PM

"...“She has closed contact visits, which I believe she has every Thursday for her normal visits, and I think lawyers visits are on Wednesdays,” said Bering. “She is shackled, brought up behind thick glass.”

“The sad thing is her mom…[has] never been able to touch her daughter, not even hug her,” said Bering, who noted Sandy had looked forward to finally doing so in their first contact visit, which was to take place in March.

“Now it will be behind glass, talking on the phone, this is how you visit,” Bering told Karas...."

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jodi-arias-heartbreak-physical-contact-mother-sandy/

More than what Travis and his family share...
awe
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:37 am

Prison Crackdown! Jodi Arias Cell ‘Tossed’ By Guards With Dogs
The convicted killer is under intense scrutiny after X-rated rant.

Posted on Feb 22, 2016 @ 7:02AM

"....Forde continued, “And they shook the entire c-pod with dogs and we each had to walk through the metal detector. As Jodi was up front they tossed her room looking for a cell phone, of course if they would have checked their phone system 1st they would have saved themselves a lot of trouble knowing the call came from DOC!”

The Public Information Officer at the Arizona Department of Corrections confirmed to Radar that Arias’ cell is indeed searched by guards with dogs trained to aid in the search...."

http://radaronline.com/videos/jodi-arias-prison-search-guards-dogs-toss-cell-after-violation-inmate-shawna-forde-reveals/
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:36 pm

2016 Officer, Supervisor and Civilian Employee of the Year Named

...Officer Samantha Alexander was named the 2016 Police Officer of the Year. Alexander, a nine year veteran of the department and patrol officer, was honored for her continued superior performance. Alexander regularly exceeds all expectations in pursuit of the department’s goals to reduce crime and ensure the utmost quality of life for all those that live, work and play in the City of Carlsbad. Alexander embodies the true spirit of a patrol officer as she goes out on patrol each day and provides the highest level of service to the community of Carlsbad and her fellow officers.

http://www.carlsbadca.gov/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=1015&TargetID=4
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:23 pm

^^^Yeah, Samantha!!!

Such a terrific honor.  

Thanks for sharing, CP.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:33 am

^^^
newspaper

Good for her!

Life moves on.
People hurt. They hurt so deeply and for so long but they try to pick up and continue with their lives.
A pain will always fill them...and they will try to work with the pain. With the help from God and blessings from family and friends.
They will try to move forward.
And that is something JA will never be able to do... she is stuck.
And her miserable family is stuck, too.
Bunch of whiney losers.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Nan11 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:18 am

colsnipe wrote:
colsnipe wrote:
Freckles wrote:^^^
newspaper

Good for her!

Life  moves on.
People hurt. They hurt so deeply and for so long  but they try to pick up and continue with their lives.
A pain will always fill them...and they will try to work with the pain. With the help from God and blessings from family and friends.
They will try to move forward.
Agreed!  It gives me a little hope to believe Samatha has been able to move on.  This is the best revenge.
Freckles wrote:And that is something JA will never be able to do... she is stuck.
And her miserable family is stuck, too.
Bunch of whiney losers.
Bold by me.  Yep.  Whiney losers.

Snipped quote:  "The sad thing is her mom…[has] never been able to touch her daughter, not even hug her," said Bering, who revealed that Sandy has been looking forward to their first contact visit, which was to take place this month.  End
http://www.mnrdaily.com/article/jodi-arias-prison-update-convicted-killer-not-allowed-to-have-physical-contact-with-mother-during-visits/8929.htm

How thoughtless, cruel, cold, and whiny of them!  Do they think anyone is able to hug Travis?  Whose fault is this?  How dare they use the media to appeal for sympathy!

Life without parole is too good for Ms. Arias--all who waste time on her should be down on their knees thanking the one member of the jury who would not vote for the death penalty.
Nan11

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:42 am

^^^
I do not think it is sad for Sandy to "not be able to touch her daughter..."
She had years and years of opportunities to hug, touch, smile, laugh with her daughter.
And she had years and years of opportunities to teach her child proper socialization.
And she failed!
Bit late now to want to hug on someone...Hello!
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:02 pm

Book review for Juan:

JUAN MARTINEZ'S JODI ARIAS BOOK IS THE FINAL WORD IN THE GRUESOME MURDER TALE
BY ROBRT PELAMONDAY, MARCH 7, 2016

"....Editor's note: This review originally stated that Martinez's book included details about jurors and one particular juror's infatuation with Arias. Such details do not appear in the book and have been removed from the review.

The publisher’s subtitle appended to prosecutor Juan Martinez’s new book, Conviction: The Untold Story of Putting Jodi Arias Behind Bars (William Morrow, $26.99) is only partly true. Much of what Martinez reports in this just-published hardcover was widely covered in this internationally ballyhooed case, which resulted in Arias being convicted of first degree murder...."

"...Among the revelations in his book is the discovery by officers that Arias had possession of knives and a handgun following her arrest. The famed Arizona prosecutor also reveals that the accused killer communicated throughout her trial with a former friend, Ann Campbell, and that Arias upbraided for contradicting her alibi during trial testimony...."

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/arts/juan-martinezs-jodi-arias-book-is-the-final-word-in-the-gruesome-murder-tale-8111148
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:37 am

"...Zoey Stephenson says:
February 4, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Truth is, she never was more than a part time waitress who spread her cheeks, all of them, for a roof and three squares. She covetously had her eye on the more influential, affluent man who could provide what she could never earn, was too lazy to achieve on her own. The ditchpig felt entitled and wanted Travis to fulfill her desired life of ease, comfort, and financial security. Who, when they know they are not wanted, continues to crawl like a thief in the night, through a doggy door? Oh wait, she was a thief, stealing an engagement ring meant for a different woman. Who moves within blocks of the man who broke up with you? Who slashes your car tires while you are dating a new woman? Who stalks, prowls around the house like a peeping Tom and sits by the bed watching you sleep? Who borrows and purchases gas can’s to not leave a paper trail? Who dyes her hair, rents a car and drives 1000 miles out of her way when she wasn’t expected? After all her false defiant pretense about preferring the death penalty, all the bluster and bravado, the ditchpig changed her mind as death began to sniff and wrap its macabre tentacles around her ankles. She is a coward, a liar, a thief a killer and she was absolutely obsessed with Travis. The fact that she breathes air and raises her ugly mug is why the death penalty was welcomed. ..."

http://www.vinniepolitan.com/jodi-arias-should-die-001/

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:38 am

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Did we ever get the "secret" testimony posted?
Here is partial with two pdf links included.
Those links have hundreds of pages so I will leave it to you to read there....

SECRET NO MORE
Jodi Arias trial: Transcripts of Arias' secret testimony released

Posted: Jan 13, 2015 7:01 AM CST
Updated: Jan 27, 2015 7:01 AM CST
Posted by Catherine HollandCONNECT

Jodi Arias, shown in court on Monday, Jan. 12, 2015. (Source: CBS 5 News)
Jodi Arias, shown in court on Monday, Jan. 12, 2015. (Source: CBS 5 News
)
PHOENIX (CBS5) -
There won't be any testimony in the retrial of convicted murderer Jodi Arias on Tuesday, but court officials released a transcript of secret testimony given by Arias more than two months ago during her sentencing retrial.

The transcripts linked below were provided to KPHO's lawyer, David Bodney, after they were purchased from the court recorder. The paper used for printing these transcripts has a watermark on it that reveals "unauthorized" when scanned or copied. However, because KPHO is a client of Bodney, we are authorized to use the files.

[PDF file: Oct. 30 testimony (144 pages)]
http://lmgcorporate.com/kpho/news/jodi-arias-transcripts/10-30-14.pdf

[PDF file: Nov 3 testimony (105 pages)]

http://lmgcorporate.com/kpho/news/jodi-arias-transcripts/11-3-14.pdf

CBS 5 read through the transcripts released Tuesday.

Arias wasted no time confessing to the crime.

Her attorney asked, "And did you kill Travis Alexander?

Arias said, "Yes."

Arias went on to express remorse over murdering her former boyfriend Travis Alexander, back in 2008.

Arias said, "This is somebody that I cared about and I caused... I caused that pain, and those were his last moments and it makes me sick and I wish.. I wish so badly that I could just do that whole day over again."

The convicted murderer also told jurors that she regretted lying to police, and leaving a misleading message on Alexander's voice mail shortly after she killed him.

"By the time I made the phone call, I realized that I had done something very bad," Arias told jurors.  I couldn't remember details, but I knew... I had a very heavy feeling, and I knew that I had done something bad. So that phone call was the beginning of when I started to try to cover my tracks."

While on the witness stand, Arias also spent time talking about her life before she met Alexander.

Arias said that she was physically abused by her mother, father, and former boyfriends..

Arias went on to discuss how she met Alexander during a convention in Las Vegas, then had sex with him a week and a half later.

The testimony was cut short  when Judge Sherry Stephens received an order from Arizona's Court of Appeals, stating that the secret testimony must stop immediately. ..."

http://www.westernmassnews.com/story/27835599/release-of-transcripts-in-jodi-arias-trial-expected-today

IF she knew, why did she not call the police instead of the fake phone call?
Why did she RUN to Ryan's place in Utah, why did she return to CA?
And when the investigation started, why did she lie about fake intruders, etc?

There IS no remorse!! No No No
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:48 am

Was doing some research on the Cary Stayner murderer up at Yosemite.
Steve Stayber, brother to the murderer, had been kidnapped as a child.
Always interested in the family dynamics here...
Anyway!
Cary Stayner had been employed at the Cedar Lodge, outskirt of Yosemite.
Name rang a bell and I have searched to find out IF this was the same location JA was working at with her friend Matt McCartney...I knew she was at some Cedar Lodge.
Research showed she was at Crater Lake.
http://epubbookonline.com/b/7167/juan-martinez/conviction-the-untold-story-of-putting-jodi-arias-behind-bars/22

Carl Stayner: Cedar Lodge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVylV4sNVaw&nohtml5=False#t=23.321
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:14 pm

EXCLUSIVE
Jodi Arias’ Shocking Prison Shopping List Revealed — Sex Toys, Zit Cream & Beano!

Read the humiliating & disturbing record of her commissary purchases.
Posted on Apr 5, 2016 @ 7:09AM

Nearly one year after Jodi Arias was sentenced to life in prison, RadarOnline.com has obtained an exclusive glimpse inside her sad and lonely life. A list of commissary purchases made by the killer over the past few months reveals never-before-told secrets of what she’s been up to behind bars.

...Fellow felon Teresa Giudice claimed that during her own prison stint, she discovered that inmates used toothbrushes as sex toys. Arias purchased 10 “antishank toothbrushes” in three months, the documents reveal. Is she practicing good hygiene or getting off? She never purchased toothpaste, according to the list.

Read more:  http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jodi-arias-prison-violation-commissary-purchases-perryville-travis-alexander-killer/

Here's a direct link to her shopping list:  http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/jodi-arias-docs.pdf

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:28 pm

Wow. That is costing someone a pretty penny!
study
Pity she is still here to cost anyone anything.
Any money she has should NOT be going into some account so she can send out holiday cards, colored pencils, writing paper, phone cards... etc., but is paying the Alexander family for some of the cost they incurred in attending the trial of her temper tantrum. And she owes the state of Arizona. Every day she is alive, she owes them more...
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:08 am

you guys probably already know this?

Nancy Grace
✔ ‎‎@NancyGraceHLN #JodiArias trying to raise a quarter million dollars for an appeal! Could the convicted killer walk free?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEHqwqzo_OI/?taken-by=thenancygrace

Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone.~~~JM
Julie
Admin

Mood : Musical

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:03 pm

^^^^
Appeals or to pay off her commissary bill? roflao roflao roflao roflao

She should be forced to first pay off her DEBTS prior to embarking on a new and wasteful appeals.... No
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Nancy Grace vid: 2 mins

JA has NO right to expect any privacy as she is at the pleasure of the State of Arizona...

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2016/04/13/jodi-arias-angry-her-weekly-prison-shopping-list-goes-public
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Jodi On The Warpath! Killer Arias Enraged Behind Bars After Latest Incident
Find out why Travis Alexander’s killer is furious.

Posted on Apr 12, 2016

"....“Jodi didn’t want people to know what she bought, she said it was embarrassing,” he told Radar. The documents published showed that she also purchases dandruff shampoo, conditioner and an “antishank toothbrush” every week.

“She thinks it was a violation of her privacy,” he said about the list released by Radar...."

List is repeated at link.
Additional chat at link.

http://radaronline.com/videos/jodi-arias-prison-violation-travis-alexander-killer-angry-beano-commissary-list-revealed-book-drive/

Also, "....According to Williams, the prison will not accept books from Barnes & Noble or Amazon, but Arias told him people could send books directly to her via Walmart.com and a religious books website www.sureshotbooks.com. ...."
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:40 am

I seriously doubt if the majority of the women have heard of Hemingway or Steinbeck or Rushdie.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgxptL4UUAA2nrU.jpg
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:02 am

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed May 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Dear Inmate 281129: Happy Anniversary! (Jodi EmbARIASsed)

April 13, 2016 Behind The Words... with Kim

As Jodi Arias celebrates the caged conclusion of her first year of forever, I thought it would be appropriate to mark this very special anniversary with an update of sorts.  For a  highway nomad like Arias, a woman who was usually plotting while life blurred by her driver’s side window at 65 MPH, it must be challenging to adapt to a boxy life of cages, cement corridors, slamming metal, and porch railing sized windows that look out on razor wire and a guard tower…

Over the last year, via the dwindling Ambassadors for Arias, we’ve heard about her appellate fund dollar for dollar challenge, the managerial issues that continue to impede the progress of “We are Team Jodi”, and we’ve read the directives penned (literally) by the CEO herself, 281129, as she tells her (microscopic) army where to plant their flags on a landscape populated by law abiding citizens who now rarely think of her.  We’ve read that this past year has been marked by the support of a new boyfriend and a self-described rapper.  We have learned that the woman who used gutter phrases for all manner of sexual behavior while on camera suddenly claimed ignorance/innocence when it came to understanding the true definition of a phrase the included one of her favorite words on record: cock.  As her blood star continues to fade in the blackness that will eventually envelope it, the updates on the stunted and essentially terminated life of 281129 will eventually cease to be.

Read more:  https://behindthewordswithkim.wordpress.com/2016/04/13/dear-inmate-281129-happy-anniversary/
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Wed May 04, 2016 4:37 pm

has it been a year already???

Jail Laughing

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

colsnipe wrote:

Laughing i had to go find this^^^^

i wish there was one for the skank in orlando!

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Sun May 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Jodi Arias: Brutal Boyfriend Murderer Planning Prison Wedding To Mystery Man
Report Wed, May 4, 2016 11:45am EDT by  Lauren Cox

~snipped~
Well, this is weird. Jodi Arias is reportedly getting married in prison, despite serving a life sentence behind bars for horrifically murdering her former boyfriend.

Jodi Arias, 35, has allegedly been corresponding with “many men” from her prison cell, claims a new report. Now, the infamous murderer might be preparing to walk down the aisle — or the prison hallway — to her future husband.

Has Jodi Arias managed to find love from inside her prison cell? A shocking new report claims that despite being isolated to her small cement room, Jodi has been “corresponding” with a suitor that she has allegedly told one of her friends she plans to marry. Whoa...

Read more:
http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/05/04/jodi-arias-getting-married-prison-wedding-mystery-man/
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Sun May 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Jodi Arias reportedly plans wedding from behind bars
By: Joe Bartels
Posted: 8:50 PM, May 5, 2016
Updated: 8:56 AM, May 6, 2016

~snipped~
PHOENIX - Infamous killer Jodi Arias is reportedly telling people she has found someone behind bars, wants to get married and start a family.

The initial report surfaced in national and international media outlets Thursday, citing sources with close knowledge of her wishes.

The former director of communications for the Arizona Department of Corrections says, while rare, prisoner weddings do happen.

"There are no white gowns, and there's no walk down the aisle, you get married in your usual orange prison attire," said Barrett Marson, who now runs his own media company.

Marson adds, there's no rings, no cameras, and no cake.

Any prisoner wedding is as low frills as you can get.

Marson also says there's no physical intimacy between the people seeking to marry within the corrections system.

"There are no conjugal visits in the department of corrections, in Arizona. Other systems may have them, but Arizona certainly does not," added Marson.

The former insiders says inmates typically will meet people through letters at first, then with phone calls.

Marson says Arias has been in trouble recently for mouthing off to a corrections officer and had some of her privileges like 'in person visits' taken away.

Reports that Arias desires to have a baby and start a family are far flung at best, according to Marson.

The Arizona Department of Corrections told Phoenix-based KNXV, there has been no application filed out by Arias to be married behind bars.

Arias would also have to apply for a marriage license.

Story and video at this link:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/national/jodi-arias-reportedly-plans-wedding-from-behind-bars
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Mon May 16, 2016 1:35 pm

Still A Sicko! Jodi Arias Toys With Men Behind Bars — Manipulations Exposed

Travis Alexander's killer is stringing several 'suitors' along.
By Alexis Tereszcuk - Entertainment Editor
Posted on May 5, 2016 @ 18:08PM

...A new report claims that the convicted killer is planning a wedding behind bars. However, multiple sources have told Radar that not only is she not getting married, but she is stringing along many different “suitors” for nefarious reasons.

(BBM)

Read more:  http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jodi-arias-prison-violation-travis-alexander-killer-not-getting-married-behind-bars/
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Mon May 16, 2016 1:43 pm

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, three others found in civil contempt

By Steve Almasy and Artemis Moshtaghian, CNN
Updated 11:53 AM ET, Sun May 15, 2016

(CNN)One of America's most famous sheriffs is in real trouble with the law.

Federal Judge G. Murray Snow ruled Friday that Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio was in civil contempt in connection with a racial profiling case.

Three of Arpaio's subordinates also violated court orders, the judge found.

"The court finds that the defendants have engaged in multiple acts of misconduct, dishonesty, and bad faith with respect to the plaintiff class (Latinos) and the protection of its rights," Snow wrote. "They have demonstrated a persistent disregard for the orders of this court, as well as an intention to violate and manipulate the laws and policies regulating their conduct as they pertain to their obligations to be fair, 'equitable(,) and impartial' with respect to the interests of the plaintiff class."

...A hearing is set for May 31 to assess penalties and remedies. The hearing will also determine if the judge will refer the case for criminal contempt, which carries possible jail time.

Read more:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/13/us/sheriff-joe-arpaio-contempt-charges/
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 am

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Still A Sicko! Jodi Arias Toys With Men Behind Bars — Manipulations Exposed

Travis Alexander's killer is stringing several 'suitors' along.
By Alexis Tereszcuk - Entertainment Editor
Posted on May 5, 2016 @ 18:08PM

...A new report claims that the convicted killer is planning a wedding behind bars. However, multiple sources have told Radar that not only is she not getting married, but she is stringing along many different “suitors” for nefarious reasons.

(BBM)

Read more:  http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jodi-arias-prison-violation-travis-alexander-killer-not-getting-married-behind-bars/

^^^Yes, this story sounds more likely, CP. I can't imagine she would be stupid enough to get married and alienate all the fools that give her money. I'd be willing to bet JA had someone leak the "getting married" BS to get her name back in print because "donations" have slowed down.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue May 17, 2016 12:35 am

^^^^^ Mylife

rocker Absolutely! She is playing because that is all she can do. Play the media.... con the public. Surprised we have heard from her mother, her sister, or her little bro....but I am sure we will! Someone just needs to make them feel important by crossing the palms with money...nah. Not important any more. Story is old.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Troy Hayden
‏@troyhaydenfox10 May 16

A complaint filed with AZ Bar against #JodiArias atty Kirk Nurmi for details disclosed in his book, other charges.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 24h24 hours ago

Bar complaint agnst #JodiArias atty Kirk Nurmi not public yet. Bar will now decide if full investigation is needed.

https://twitter.com/troyhaydenfox10?lang=en
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Tue May 31, 2016 10:56 am

it's supposed to be 117 F (47.22 C) and sunny  bath in AZ on saturday.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAZ0166:1:US

hehehe

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Julie wrote:it's supposed to be 117 F (47.22 C) and sunny  bath in AZ on saturday.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAZ0166:1:US

hehehe

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue May 31, 2016 4:37 pm

^^^
Saw that on the morning news! Heat wave approaching Hades!!!!

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:56 am

Hear there is one helluva heat wave on for Arias this summer.
Temps reported to be around 118 degrees?
Yeah... do I think JA has access to an indoor swim pool?
Maybe, extra time in a shower??

Laughing
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:57 am

Julie wrote:
colsnipe wrote:

Laughing i had to go find this^^^^

i wish there was one for the skank in orlando!
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 am

hehehe

it's 85 degrees at 6:16 am. high today - 111.
tonight's low - 86. tomorrow's high - 111.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/perryville-az/85338/weather-forecast/2132894

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:23 am

^^^Yes, we consider the above (111 degree) temps to be "cooling down a bit". We had extreme heat warnings starting last Sunday and lasting through this past Thursday night. Temp's 118+ for several days. At least 4 reported heat-related deaths (of young people!) in Phoenix during those few days. Several planes unable to land or take off from Sky Harbor due to the thin air caused by such heat. Some aircraft can't take-off in excess of 117 degrees. So, yes, it has been pretty toasty here the past week. Air-conditioning is a beautiful thing! Wonder how Hodi's little swamp cooler is working out for her?
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:03 pm

ah, yes air conditioning. it's 87 here, heat index 90. my air is on. i can make those summer family favorites like stuffed green peppers with the air on. kids don't like the green peppers, so they call their mixture, spanish rice. lol!

i wonder if hodi wants me to come over there and use 3 stove top burners for an hour or so and heat up her cell?

looks something like this:

Julie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top