James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Post by Freckles on Tue May 12, 2015 11:49 am

Mylife101 wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:Interesting read:

Police Audio Raises The Possibility There Were Multiple Shooters In The 'Dark Knight' Massacre

Michael Kelley  Aug 8 2012, 7:51 AM

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/james-holmes-conspiracy-theories-2012-8

@Freckles
This article AD posted asks the same questions that you've been asking.  I just can't wrap my head around any reason that LE would possibly want to mislead on this one though.

As in any case, keeping a clear "opinion" until all the facts are presented is essential.
The more horrific the crime the faster it is to judge an accused before the evidence is presented.
I am disgusted as the terminology in vogue by media and LE.
They NO LONGER use the cautionary words but outright judge and convict right after an arrest and PRIOR to any court hearings, etc.
What happened to the phrase, "It may be apparent..." or, "It is believed..."
So I have a knee jerk reaction on that, too.

Several of the witnesses have reported gunshots coming from TWO parts of the theater; one witness stated it came from THREE areas.
(I speculate the possibility of two with  the last witness who heard three actually hearing an echo.)

Several types of guns were used.
The equipment had to be carried.
How many guns can a person carry, use, reload ?
How many guns can a person carry, use, reload AND hit with such incredible accuracy?

Covered faces obliterate the identity of the shooter.
IF there was more than one shooter, that would work to the shooters' advantage to confuse the victims.
IF JH was a "patsy" no one would know as no one actually saw him or could identify him.

On the old thread there was an article re JH being booked into the jail.
It showed pics of JH with BLACK hair...
Although media stated JH had colored his entire body as red as the hair, guards spoke to media and said it was not true.
Guards who did the fingerprinting, etc., told media JH's body was NOT colored in any abnormal way.

At the theater:
The only persons who could identify him, etc., were the ones OUTSIDE the theater AFTER the shootings.
EDITED: No one saw JH enter the theater or in the parking lot or in the lobby of the theater at any time.
With that blazing orange hair, one would think it would draw attention even if it was a person comparing costumes....

CP corrected me: JH was apprehended outside the vehicle.
Those who apprehended him SAID he was the shooter.
In the midst of the trauma, how was it they found and identified him so quickly?
Why were others outside the theater not questioned or apprehended?
IMO, it was too convenient...
You might state it was because he was dressed so oddly BUT many at the theater were also dressed in costume that night.

LE may not have looked further because it is just too convenient to blame it on one, hope he rats out others (if there are others), and it saves every tax dollars while satisfying the demand for an arrest. Just another day in the world of American politics, IMO.

Please understand: I don't have a firm opinion on what transpired that night. I am skeptical we are being told the truth, however.

Last edited by Freckles on Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 11:54 am

Carol McKinley ‏@CarolAMcKinley 49m49 minutes ago

NEW: Court order - Holmes' former GF left vm  for him 7/20/12. Judge ruled we will hear it + notebook vm to psychiatrist.  #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 40m40 minutes ago

There is is folks: Bieniulis says Holmes paid for #theatershooting chemicals w/ credit card. Guessing same transaction made 4 all purchases.

Change4good ‏@Change4good1 40m40 minutes ago

Wow cost over $1845 so far and counting. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 34m34 minutes ago

Among items Holmes bought at Bieniulis' chemical store before #theatershooting: metal electrodes, petri dish, glycerin, potassium, marginate

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel 33m33 minutes ago

#TheaterShooting: Judge will allow voicemail between Dr. Lynn Fenton and an investigator about the gunman's notebook, per new order.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 30m30 minutes ago

Defense raises more 401 and 403 objections. As a reminder: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_401 … and https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_403 …  #theatershooting

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel 30m30 minutes ago

#TheaterShooting: Judge will allow voicemail from Dr. Fenton saying she called the gunman's mother weeks before the shooting.

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 24m24 minutes ago

The defense seems to be adamant about not wanting the jury to hear too much about the victims esp 6 yr old Veronica Moser #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 24m24 minutes ago

#theatershooting

Exhibits:

- Specimen cup w. projectile

- Projectile from clothing of shorts of injured.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 12:02 pm

Tweets:  Read bottom up

Cristina Miranda ‏@TINAcris106 4m4 minutes ago

I hate that JH stares at all the injuries & damage he's done.. He doesn't show any remorse. #theatershooting #theatertrial
0 retweets 0 favorites
Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago

#theatershooting Photos of inside the theater are being shown to the jury today. One in a pic of suspected bone fragment. Sad
0 retweets 0 favorites
Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 5m5 minutes ago

@AuroraPD's Carroll, with CSI, describing collecting "several bone fragments" from #theatershooting scene. Hard testimony to view and hear.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 6m6 minutes ago

#theatershooting

Evidence photos:  GRAPHIC

- Suspected bone fragment

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 7m7 minutes ago

#theatershooting

Evidence photos:

- 1st item of evidence. fired shotgun shell

Dave Thomas ‏@newstouse 8m8 minutes ago

Day 2 of counsel wearing a hole in the carpet to discuss matters with judge.... #theatershooting #JamesHolmes
0 retweets 0 favorites

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 9m9 minutes ago

We're getting 1st look at evidence markers inside #theatershooting scene. Watch live: http://link.kdvr.com/1E3Ilb4  

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue May 12, 2015 12:03 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Here are some brief notes I took during the trial today (my comments in parentheses):

• ordered bulletproof pants/chaps June 2, 2012
  • ordered gas mask May 10th (before his final presentation!)
  • covered clear part of gas mask except for where his eyes would look out; doesn't come that way; comes all clear (may explain why he got black contact lenses!)
  • Clear face shield was painted black
  • 3rd lab rotation ended on May 17 (presentation date)
  • pupils were blown out while in the lab on 2-3 occasions (stoned on pot?)
  • going thru the motions on the 3rd rotation
  • lacking initiative
  • never made eye contact

Making sense of JH's actions leading up to the shooting is really difficult.  So many questions.

It has been noted that JH frequently/always had huge pupils.  What kind of illegal or prescribed drugs was he on?  I hope that Dr. Lynne Fenton from UC will testify.

JH's professors have indicated that he either excelled (grant writing course) or went through the motions to complete course expectations.  Why do the challenging grad school work at all if one is planning to commit such a heinous crime that would in all likelihood end one's life or at least end one's future as a free human?  Makes no sense.  Could it be that JH's grad school funding (loans/grants) were dispersed on a schedule that  issued funds to him throughout the semester as opposed to all the money at the beginning of the semester?  If that were the case then he could not have dropped out because he would lose his "paycheck".

So far JH's professors have stated that JH seemed grounded in reality.  That does not speak to insanity at the time of the crime because we all know that JH was already planning the crime and purchasing the goods to carry out the plan during the same space in time that he was interacting with these professors.  I doubt the insanity claim, but there was something besides just being pure evil that was going on here, IMO.  Perhaps, schizophrenia paired with either prescription/illegal drugs?  Possible.  IIRC, JH had to be heavily medicated after his arrest because he was running into walls and "freefalling" backwards as well as exhibiting other dangerous behaviors in his cell.  Mental illness or just setting up an insanity plea???  I guess that is the question this jury must decide on.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue May 12, 2015 12:07 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq May 7

#Theatershooting #JamesHolmes photo from CU lab program

(Sorry; couldn't resist ... Laughing)

roflaoroflaoroflao
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 12:10 pm

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 15m15 minutes ago

#theatershooting

1st area evidence removed was alcove towards exit

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 16m16 minutes ago

Carroll is describing photos taken inside Theater 9. Shows white placards marking evidence on floor. #theatershooting

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 17m17 minutes ago

Piece of evidence is piece of puzzle. Yes #JamesHomes did it, but was sane? prosecutor will paint detailed pic in #theatershooting closing.

Michelle Hansen ‏@michelle6620 18m18 minutes ago

Holmes defense lawyer Katherine Spengler seems really inexperienced to me.  She keeps objecting to the same things.  #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 19m19 minutes ago

@AuroraPD's Carroll said shotgun pellets were found in bill of @denvernuggets cap at #theatershooting scene. Watch: http://link.kdvr.com/1E3Ilb4

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 16m16 minutes ago

Carroll is describing photos taken inside Theater 9. Shows white placards marking evidence on floor. #theatershooting

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 17m17 minutes ago

Piece of evidence is piece of puzzle. Yes #JamesHomes did it, but was sane? prosecutor will paint detailed pic in #theatershooting closing.

Michelle Hansen ‏@michelle6620 18m18 minutes ago

Holmes defense lawyer Katherine Spengler seems really inexperienced to me.  She keeps objecting to the same things.  #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 19m19 minutes ago

@AuroraPD's Carroll said shotgun pellets were found in bill of @denvernuggets cap at #theatershooting scene. Watch: http://link.kdvr.com/1E3Ilb4

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 25m25 minutes ago

Thank you @DenverChannel for muting the deafening white noise Myself and my ears really do appreciate it #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 25m25 minutes ago

#theatershooting

Judge overrules objection.

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV 25m25 minutes ago

Crime scene tech says it took 9 days to process #theatershooting and there was much evidence they ran out of markers.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 27m27 minutes ago

#theatershooting

Defense objects to admittance of one piece of evidence. Sidebar.

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 27m27 minutes ago

123 evidence placards were placed inside Theater 9 #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 33m33 minutes ago

#theatershooting
involved in removing the bodies from the theater.

Exhibit:
- From John Larimer’s body: spent bullet from L side of torso

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue May 12, 2015 12:16 pm

"7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel 30m30 minutes ago

#TheaterShooting: Judge will allow voicemail from Dr. Fenton saying she called the gunman's mother weeks before the shooting."

Wow, just wow! And it seems that his parents have played this as being just as shocked as the rest of America because they just didn't know that JH was having serious mental issues. Sad.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue May 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Re earlier statement by CP in response to my posting:

You stated no mother would be willing to admit their child was a mass murderer.
You stated no mother would be willing to admit their child was mentally ill.

Ok. Thot and thot about this.
As a mother, I would be asking for evidence, yes;
as a member of a psychological community, I would NOT feel shame or hesitancy in getting my child the needed health resources so he would be sociologically fit. I would not feel any stigma... I would be concerned for my child's with being and that of the community. (I am reminded of Kelly Thomas' parents' reaction to their son being treated after mental illness diagnosis. Kelly Thomas was brutally murdered in S.Calif by police officers.)

Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 3m3 minutes ago

This is the first extensive, photographic tour inside the theater, and the evidence inside, that jurors have seen. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 3m3 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Evidence:

- photo of more placards on level area at bottom of theater

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 6m6 minutes ago  #theatershooting

Evidence next collected from L of screen. Further from exit but in front of bottom  seats.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 7m7 minutes ago

Looking at spent shotgun shells on theater floor #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

Change4good ‏@Change4good1 8m8 minutes ago

Looks like a theater chair is in the courtroom and will be shown. So sad #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 8m8 minutes ago

Now showing more shells and a high-capacity ammunition magazine that were marked as evidence. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 9m9 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Evidence:

- Magazine, fired shotgun shell

SphynxCatsRule ‏@SphynxCatsRule 10m10 minutes ago

@newstouse @thegoldpatrol she doesn't like all this pesky evidence. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 11m11 minutes ago

Carroll is describing photos of shotgun shells that are marked as evidence on the floor of the theater. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 12m12 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Evidence:

- Photos of shotgun shells, shotgun, knife & loaded gun magazine

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 13m13 minutes ago  #theatershooting

Evidence:

- Photo of shotgun shell that has been fired

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 15m15 minutes ago

It looks to me like JH only looks at the screen when he gets to relive the destruction and terror he caused #theatershooting

Dave Thomas ‏@newstouse 15m15 minutes ago

@thegoldpatrol - Spengler looks peeved.... #JamesHolmes #theatershooting
0 retweets 3 favorites
Debi Hyland ‏@DebiHyland 16m16 minutes ago

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 20m20 minutes ago

More photos from inside #theatershooting scene. Holmes is viewing them. Daniel King, his lead public defender, is not

attwx ‏@attwx 22m22 minutes ago

@will_c_holden #JamesHolmes is watching the pictures closely - would love to be a fly on the wall of his mind #theatershooting

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 24m24 minutes ago

Photo from @googlemaps of The Science Company where JH purchased chemicals along w/ other items #theatershooting

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 28m28 minutes ago

Defendant is watching video screen while evidence inside the theater is being shown. Shotgun, ammo mags being shown #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 28m28 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Evidence photos:

- Shotgun, mags, shells

SphynxCatsRule ‏@SphynxCatsRule 29m29 minutes ago

@TINAcris106 he seems to be enjoying the attention. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 30m30 minutes ago
#theatershooting

Evidence photos:

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 30m30 minutes ago

Looking at pictures inside theater #9 #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 31m31 minutes ago

#theatershooting

Evidence photos:

- Facing alcove of exit door with evidence placards

Cristina Miranda ‏@TINAcris106 35m35 minutes ago

I hate that JH stares at all the injuries & damage he's done.. He doesn't show any remorse. #theatershooting #theatertrial
8:53 AM - 12 May 2015 · Details

(Forgive me if there are duplicate tweets; hard to keep up with)

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 12:35 pm

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 9m9 minutes ago

Some jurors looking sleepy this morning #theatershooting

Channel 2 KWGN ‏@channel2kwgn 10m10 minutes ago

#TheaterShooting trial is on its morning break. We suspect them back here around 10:35 AM: http://kwgn.com/live

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 16m16 minutes ago

Seeing all of the evidence photos makes me really think what these victims went through I honestly can't imagine the terror #theatershooting

Debi Hyland ‏@DebiHyland 16m16 minutes ago

#theatershooting #theatertrial Anyone think after trial is over no matter outcome JH will say WHY he did this? Or will we be guessing 4ever?

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 21m21 minutes ago

Carroll is now describing photos of fired cartridge casings from a .223-caliber rifle found on the theater floor. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 23m23 minutes ago

#theatershooting

Evidence:

- Photo of close up of spent cartridge casings -.223 (rifle)

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 23m23 minutes ago

I think folks speculating are right since DA said it WOULD be evidence: Covered item is likely #theatershooting chair

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue May 12, 2015 12:54 pm

Freckles wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:

@Freckles
This article AD posted asks the same questions that you've been asking.  I just can't wrap my head around any reason that LE would possibly want to mislead on this one though.

As in any case, keeping a clear "opinion" until all the facts are presented is essential.
The more horrific the crime the faster it is to judge an accused before the evidence is presented.
I am disgusted as the terminology in vogue by media and LE.
They NO LONGER use the cautionary words but outright judge and convict right after an arrest and PRIOR to any court hearings, etc.
What happened to the phrase, "It may be apparent..." or, "It is believed..."
So I have a knee jerk reaction on that, too.

Several of the witnesses have reported gunshots coming from TWO parts of the theater; one witness stated it came from THREE areas.
(I speculate the possibility of two with  the last witness who heard three actually hearing an echo.)

Several types of guns were used.
The equipment had to be carried.
How many guns can a person carry, use, reload ?
How many guns can a person carry, use, reload AND hit with such incredible accuracy?

Covered faces obliterate the identity of the shooter.
IF there was more than one shooter, that would work to the shooters' advantage to confuse the victims.
IF JH was a "patsy" no one would know as no one actually saw him or could identify him.

On the old thread there was an article re JH being booked into the jail.
It showed pics of JH with BLACK hair...
Although media stated JH had colored his entire body as red as the hair, guards spoke to media and said it was not true.
Guards who did the fingerprinting, etc., told media JH's body was NOT colored in any abnormal way.

At the theater:
The only persons who could identify him, etc., were the ones OUTSIDE the theater AFTER the shootings.
EDITED: No one saw JH enter the theater or in the parking lot or in the lobby of the theater at any time.
With that blazing orange hair, one would think it would draw attention even if it was a person comparing costumes....

CP corrected me: JH was apprehended outside the vehicle.
Those who apprehended him SAID he was the shooter.
In the midst of the trauma, how was it they found and identified him so quickly?
Why were others outside the theater not questioned or apprehended?
IMO, it was too convenient...
You might state it was because he was dressed so oddly BUT many at the theater were also dressed in costume that night.

LE may not have looked further because it is just too convenient to blame it on one, hope he rats out others (if there are others), and it saves every tax dollars while satisfying the demand for an arrest. Just another day in the world of American politics, IMO.

Please understand: I don't have a firm opinion on what transpired that night. I am skeptical we are being told the truth, however.

I agree with you that it is important not to rush to judgment and it does seem like the media convicts suspects before the trial ever begins.  Overall, I tend to believe that LE gets it right more often than they get it wrong, although it does happen.  I think that the scene at the movie theatre was extremely chaotic in a "fog-of-war" sort of a way.  So, I am not surprised that there were confusing and contradictory personal accounts of what was seen and heard. At this point, I still believe that JH acted alone...but, as Judge Susan Garsh would say, I will try to keep my mind suspended.

On a side note: I found an article that indicates that JH was indeed seen on surveillance video entering the theatre building and heading toward theatre 9 that night.  Apparently he was wearing a skull cap which might explain him not standing out with his bright orange hair.

~snipped~  
"Aurora Police Department homicide detective Matthew Ingui testified that there is no video surveillance of the actual shooting, but there are several photos of Holmes checking into the theater kiosk with his cellphone. He scanned his phone three times.

Surveillance footage shown in court for the first time also showed Holmes lingering by the concession stand for about three minutes before entering theater nine dressed in dark pants, a light colored shirt and a skull cap. He would later be caught wearing a bullet proof vest and a gas mask.

Another video showed the lobby the moment theater staff heard shots ring out. Some of them ducked behind counters as people started streaming out of the front door.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/accused-aurora-shooter-james-holmes-bought-ticket-12/story?id=18150556
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue May 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Mylife101 wrote:"7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel 30m30 minutes ago

#TheaterShooting: Judge will allow voicemail from Dr. Fenton saying she called the gunman's mother weeks before the shooting."

Wow, just wow!  And it seems that his parents have played this as being just as shocked as the rest of America because they just didn't know that JH was having serious mental issues.  Sad.

Okay, this is a first. I am responding to my own post.  After giving my statement a bit more thought I am wondering if it was fair to his parents because I don't actually know if they did attempt to intervene and help JH in any way.

I am reminded of the Tucson shootings in which U.S. House Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was severly wounded and 6 persons were killed, including a little girl.  The shooter, Jared Lee Laughner, had recently been suspended from college and was behaving erratically in the months before the shootings.  The media was very quick to vilify his parents for not recognizing their son needed help and getting him help.  These parents were literally driven into hiding from a vicious media.  Well, as it turned out the parents were extremely concerned about Jared's mental condition.  They had indeed tried to get him to seek medical help.  The father was even disconnecting the car battery every night because he feared that Jared would take off in the car in his messed-up mental state.  So, here is the burn: because persons such as Jared Laughner and JH are legal adults they cannot be forced by their parents or anyone else to seek medical help unless it can be literally SHOWN that they pose an immediate danger to themselves or to a specified person/group, etc.  It is very hard to prove this.  Sadly, the standard is so high it almost requires the harmful deed must happen first to prove the danger exists.  So, perhaps I should not be so quick to believe that JH's parents were in denial and not attempting to address the issue of their sons mental health.  The voice mail from Dr. Lynne Fenton to his parents may be helpful.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Freckles wrote:Re earlier statement by CP in response to my posting:

You stated no mother would be willing to admit their child was a mass murderer.
You stated no mother would be willing to admit their child was mentally ill.

Ok. Thot and thot about this.
As a mother, I would be asking for evidence, yes;
as a member of a psychological community, I would NOT feel shame or hesitancy in getting my child the needed health resources so he would be sociologically fit. I would not feel any stigma... I would be concerned for my child's with being and that of the community. (I am reminded of Kelly Thomas' parents' reaction to their son being treated after mental illness diagnosis. Kelly Thomas was brutally murdered in S.Calif by police officers.)

I realize after reading this that I didn't type exactly what I meant. Let me try to clarify.

What I said was "What mother would believe their child would be capable of something so horrendous?"

What I meant to say was "What mother would want to believe their child would be capable of something so horrendous?"

My comment had to do with their initial reaction to the act of violence; it had nothing to do with any related mental illness, or admission of such.

I agree with the rest of your comment.

Sorry I didn't make myself more clear.

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 3:17 pm

There are hundreds of tweets today, so I will try to post the most informative ones.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 2h2 hours ago
#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- LOTS of photos of fired .223 casings

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Photo of fired shotgun shell

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Close up of gun magazines & spent shotgun shells.

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Gun magazine unloaded and live ammo is separated.

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Location of these magazines

All the tweets I'm posting are from https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting?f=realtime
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 3:23 pm

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- View of hallway (mags in hallway)

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Photo of drum style magazine with loose unfired bullets around

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Drum style magazine disassembled.
- 26 rounds of live ammo inside

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2h2 hours ago

#theatershooting bullet by bullet description of empty casings meant to be like a slo mo version of shooting. Showing just how evil it was.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2h2 hours ago

Twenty-six live, unfired rounds were in one magazine and 37 in another, Carroll says. #theatershooting

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Photo of loaded handgun magazine. In hallway

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Loaded magazine

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 3:28 pm

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Emptied handgun magazine
- 15 live rounds

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Other handgun magazine
- 35 rounds

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Location of these magazines

#theatershooting

After all spent casings collected, they counted:
-6 spent shotgun shells
-65 spent .223
- 5 spent .40 cal

#theatershooting

- Live

- 213 live  .233 ammo
-  16 live  .40 cal

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- In trash they found bullet fragments & shot pellets.

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

- Photo taken from lift showing the flat part of theater
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 3:40 pm

#theatershooting

Was asked to collect seats from row 8, seats 18-19.

#theatershooting

Location of removed seats.

#theatershooting

Exhibit:

Theater seats from theater 9.

#theatershooting

Markers show bullet holes - witness removed bullet holes from seat

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 2h2 hours ago

Markers on theater chairs show bullet holes A quarter was also found that had impact marks on it #theatershooting

#theatershooting

Photo showing deformation on quarter and impact mark. Quarter is dented. (Didn’t show of feed)

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1h1 hour ago
#theatershooting

59 shot pellets lodged in wood of back of seat

#theatershooting

Where seat is located

#theatershooting

Another seat - row 11, seat 15 with damage

#theatershooting

28 shot pellets removed from this seat.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1h1 hour ago

The people that got the perfect seats took most of the bullets...#theatershooting #TheaterTrial

#theatershooting

Defense is finished. No cross. Jury has ?’s
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Jury questions:

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 1h1 hour ago

#TheaterShooting jury question 4 crime scene investigator: Why weren't rows outside of aisles numbered? A: Thought that might be confusing.

#TheaterShooting jury question 4 crime scene investigator: How many empty magazines did u process? A: None. Loaded magazines processed later

#theatershooting

Jury: What was brand of the shotgun?

A: Remington 870 tactical

#theatershooting

Pros: If placard 90 is a drum mag, what kind of gun would be used?

- Rifle
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 3:49 pm

200+ unspent #theatershooting rounds may cut both ways. DA may say he aimed to kill more. Defense may say he could've killed more but didn't

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR 1h1 hour ago

#theatershooting judge OKs voice mails left by gunman's psychiatrist, ex-girlfriend as evidence http://link.kdvr.com/1ctAw8o

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 1h1 hour ago

The magnitude of just how much ammunition was used in #TheaterShooting is at forefront of testimony today. #Tragic

Jason Sickles ‏@jasonsickles 17m17 minutes ago

Jurors ‘are are acting like detectives’ in the #TheaterShooting trial, taking advantage of a rare chance to engage. http://yhoo.it/1PFct36

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 10m10 minutes ago

Photo of calendar @FBI says it recovered from booby-trapped #theatershooting apartment with ∞ symbol on July 20, 2012
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 3:50 pm

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 4m4 minutes ago

#theatershooting trial should be underway in about 5 minutes. Watch live on http://www.thegoldpatrol.com - We have mobile and desktop feeds.

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago

Jury is getting chance to look at evidence presented this morning #TheaterShooting #TheaterTrial

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue May 12, 2015 4:07 pm

(This looks like an infiniti symbol drawn through the numeral 1.

Does it mean: To be one with infiniti, or, Infinite One???

Any other guesses?
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 5m5 minutes ago

Bags containing live ammo, theater seat coverings, other evidence being walked over to the jurors. There's a lot of it. #theatershooting

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Mylife101 wrote:

(This looks like an infiniti symbol drawn through the numeral 1.

Does it mean: To be one with infiniti, or, Infinite One???

Any other guesses?

One (him) against Infinity?

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 18m18 minutes ago

Jurors have finished looking over evidence. Next #theatershooting witness is Brian Platt, who owns http://Keepshooting.com

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 18m18 minutes ago

Platt imports gear and sells it online. Sells military surplus, firearms and firearms accessories. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 15m15 minutes ago

"Small, family-oriented business," Platt says. JH ordered gear from him. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 14m14 minutes ago

May 10, 2012 at 2am JH is ordering away! #theatershooting #TheaterTrial

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 12m12 minutes ago

JH ordered 2 Clear Out six-ounce tear-gas grenades in May 2012. Paid $43. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 11m11 minutes ago

"Similar to a roach fogger you would buy at Home Depot," Platt says. More similar to pepper spray. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 9m9 minutes ago

Platt steps down from the stand with no questions from defense or jury. next #theatershooting witness is Christopher Russell

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 7m7 minutes ago

He owns Bulletproof Body Armor HQ. They sell bullet-resistant clothing. General public, non-felons, can order products #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 1m1 minute ago

#TheaterShooting witness: Holmes bought 3A kevlar neck, arm & groin protectors for $903. 3A = "highest bullet-resistant material attainable"

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1m1 minute ago

Russell: JH on July 2, 2012, ordered torso neck protector, bulletproof arm protection & 2 groin protectors #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2m2 minutes ago

JH spent $903.67 on his bulletproof items, Russell says. #theatershooting

Russell steps down. Next #theatershooting witness: FBI agent Charles DeFrance.

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 5:07 pm

DeFrance's primary duties were to evaluate the crime scene for purposes of a shooting reconstruction. #theatershooting

He was numbering impacts in Theater 9 and 8. Those in Theater 9 were marked w/ 9-dash; Those in Theater 8 were marked 8- #theatershooting

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 2m2 minutes ago

DeFrance studied trajectory and impacts of the shots fired in Theater 9 for the purposes of Shooting Reconstruction #theatershooting

DeFrance is talking about the devices, including a laser scanner, used to survey the #theatershooting crime scene.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 54s55 seconds ago

DeFrance steps down from the stand. Next #theatershooting witness: FBI agent Jennifer Jostes

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 5:17 pm

Jostes is describing the gear the FBI used to help document, measure and recreate the #theatershooting crime scene.

"This is way more accurate than using a tape measure," Jostes says. Used gear over the course of 8 days. #theatershooting

She measured all of the bullet holes in Theater 9, except for the one in the screen. It had already been ripped down. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 53s54 seconds ago

Jostes is stepping down from the stand. Next #theatershooting witness: Corbin Dates, a survivor who enters courtroom in shorts

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 5:47 pm

Dates tried to buy a ticket for Theater 8, but it was sold out. So he bought one for Theater 9. Sat in 2nd row. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 50s50 seconds ago

Dates noticed a man sitting in front row with red-orange hair. He noticed man go to emergency exit. Man carried cell phone #theatershooting

Dates is describing how the man propped the emergency exit door open with his foot. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 4m4 minutes ago

As the movie began, it was pitch black. The emergency door was no longer open, Dates says. #theatershooting

Dates remember seeing gunman enter the theater. Man looked around and then threw canister. Heard gunshots. #theatershooting

Dates dropped to the ground when the shooting began. He tried to crawl to other side of the theater. Heard screaming #theatershooting

Dates then felt a burning in his leg from a spent shell. He was scared to move. Told his friend to lie down, play dead #theatershooting

Dates saw a man hiding in the curtain. Not the gunman, different shoes. Dates eventually ran to the auditorium. #theatershooting
(Lawyer clarified this was a movie goer who was hiding, not another gunman)

Dates saw people lying over chairs and stairs in the theater. He didn't know whether they were alive or dead. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 47s48 seconds ago

Her friend came out after him and said "I was trying to save him! I was trying to save him! But I couldn't." #theatershooting

She was referring to someone she recognized in the theater with whom she had gone to school. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 7m7 minutes ago

Survivor Corbin Dates fights back tears. Says friend Jennifer tried to help #theatershooting victim then screamed, "I couldn't save him!"

Jury has questions for Dates. #theatershooting

Did you hear the shooter say anything? No. Did you hear emergency exit alarm go off? No. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 6m6 minutes ago

Dates steps down. Judge calls afternoon break for 20 minutes. #theatershooting

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Judge and attorneys are back in court. Judge getting ready to call #theatershooting jurors back into the courtroom.

Next #theatershooting witness: Victor Edgar Nava Hernandez, another survivor and Red Robin employee who went to Batman movie with friends

Hernandez was part of a large group of Red Robin workers who arrived around 5 p.m. Entered theater around 8:30 p.m. #theatershooting

He remembers it was tough to breathe. Covered mouth and nose with his shirt. "My friend Sully was breathing heavily." #theatershooting

He didn't realize yet that Sully had been shot. Another friend's leg was shattered. Gunshots still ringing out #theatershooting

"I couldn't do anything so I just waited for someone to tell me it was OK, that it was safe to get up." #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago

#theatershooting Christina was hurt - leg shattered - asked if he could help her support. Her weight

He fled to main lobby, Police told him and others to line up along the wall, to separate those who had been in Theater 9. #theatershooting

Trevor Hughes ‏@TrevorHughes 2m2 minutes ago

#theatershooting witness explaining where he was in the theater when shooting began, how he escaped. #theatertrial

#theatershooting sully was sitting to his right

#theatershooting

He exited the theater after cop came. Jumped over seats - lots of bodies around.

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel 3m3 minutes ago

"I was more worried about my friends because my injuries were minor." #theatershooting http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live …

#theatershooting authorities separated those in theater 9 from rest of theater. Felt throbbing in R hand on thumb

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago

#theatershooting wrist, forearm, L elbow had injuries too

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 57s57 seconds ago

Nava-Hernandez steps down. Next #theatershooting witness: Aurora fingerprint investigator Sandra Fisher.

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Valerie 4 Justice ‏@urwatuthnk 1m1 minute ago

A great pros strategy to hear testimony from a survivor every single day to really drive that home to jury. #TheaterShooting #JamesHolmes

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago

Sandra Fisher is on the stand she works as a criminalist #theatershooting #theatertrial

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 48s48 seconds ago

#theatershooting has been qualified as expert in court and testified as such several dozen times

Fisher is talking about using fingerprints to ID the bodies of all 12 #theatershooting victims.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 40s40 seconds ago

She was able to use fingerprints to verify IDs of 10 of the 12 people killed in #theatershooting Most were obtained via DMV.

Only 2 she couldn't verify via fingerprints: Matt McQuinn (out-of-state driver's license) & Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6. #theatershooting

#theatershooting She also got fingerprints from JH

#theatershooting Major case prints - entire area of fingers and palm of hand

#theatershooting she used ink and powder with stick sheet to ID  JH

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 59s60 seconds ago

#theatershooting  sticky is cleaner than ink and more accurate. Sent results to FBI to compare to this case.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 38s38 seconds ago

Spangler is crossing. Sandra took pic's of JH. #theatershooting #theatertrial

Next witness: Peter Hunkar, former FBI agent who now works with the milk marketing board. #theatershooting

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue May 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Hunkar collected evidence inside and near a Dumpster at JH's apartment after #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago

Pictures of the dumpster outside JH's apartment is being shown to jury #theatershooting #theatertrial

Former FBI agent is displaying shooting target found in Dumpster at JH apartment. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3m3 minutes ago

Targets were found in black trash bags by dumpster #theatershooting #theatertrial

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 32s33 seconds ago

7 empty ammo boxes were also in the trash bag #theatershooting #theatertrial

#theatershooting

Among the items, targets for shooting practice, ammo boxes,  Black tactical gear, blue cloth that was cut

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 7m7 minutes ago

Pieces of black gear that seemed to be cut and customized were found in the trash #theatershooting

heather hefner ‏@heathiebird03 1m1 minute ago

live rounds of 223 ammunition were also found during the dumpster search #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 17m17 minutes ago

We've now had 85 witnesses called in the Aurora #theatershooting trial over the course of 3 weeks. Back tomorrow at 8:40 a.m.
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue May 12, 2015 10:11 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 11 - Part 1

Published on May 12, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 11 - Part 2

James Holmes Trial - Day 11 - Part 3

James Holmes Trial - Day 11 - Part 4

Source: Croaker Queen - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Wed May 13, 2015 3:03 pm

You guys aren't going to believe what I found. After you see this I think you will see why JH dyed his hair the color it was.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcYScm1NVU_4AqxiJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzbGQ1cWg1BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANjNGExNWJkMmVkYWM3NGEzODk5YmRhZDIwZjA1OGUzNgRncG9zAzIyBGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Deffects%2Bof%2Bnapalm%26fr%3Dmcsaoffblock%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D22&w=600&h=1066&imgurl=media.haircrazy.com%2Fphotos%2Fgallery%2F2012%2F10%2F21%2F10Orange_t600.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.haircrazy.com%2Ftimelines%2Fc0ff3351ut%2F2012%2F10%2F21%2F31146%2F&size=74.4KB&name=c0ff3351ut+-+-+%3Cb%3ENapalm%3C%2Fb%3E+Orange&p=effects+of+napalm&oid=c4a15bd2edac74a3899bdad20f058e36&fr2=piv-web&fr=mcsaoffblock&tt=c0ff3351ut+-+-+%3Cb%3ENapalm%3C%2Fb%3E+Orange&b=0&ni=21&no=22&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11vos471c&sigb=13f1lfr1m&sigi=11vq503l8&sigt=113h7nd7t&sign=113h7nd7t&.crumb=jjOhzIamgNq&fr=mcsaoffblock&fr2=piv-web

One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Wed May 13, 2015 3:15 pm

One Wonders wrote:You guys aren't going to believe what I found. After you see this I think you will see why JH dyed his hair the color it was.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=AwrTcYScm1NVU_4AqxiJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzbGQ1cWg1BHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANjNGExNWJkMmVkYWM3NGEzODk5YmRhZDIwZjA1OGUzNgRncG9zAzIyBGl0A2Jpbmc-?.origin=&back=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Deffects%2Bof%2Bnapalm%26fr%3Dmcsaoffblock%26fr2%3Dpiv-web%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D22&w=600&h=1066&imgurl=media.haircrazy.com%2Fphotos%2Fgallery%2F2012%2F10%2F21%2F10Orange_t600.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.haircrazy.com%2Ftimelines%2Fc0ff3351ut%2F2012%2F10%2F21%2F31146%2F&size=74.4KB&name=c0ff3351ut+-+-+%3Cb%3ENapalm%3C%2Fb%3E+Orange&p=effects+of+napalm&oid=c4a15bd2edac74a3899bdad20f058e36&fr2=piv-web&fr=mcsaoffblock&tt=c0ff3351ut+-+-+%3Cb%3ENapalm%3C%2Fb%3E+Orange&b=0&ni=21&no=22&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11vos471c&sigb=13f1lfr1m&sigi=11vq503l8&sigt=113h7nd7t&sign=113h7nd7t&.crumb=jjOhzIamgNq&fr=mcsaoffblock&fr2=piv-web

I took the liberty of bringing the picture over here. Hope you don't mind, One.  Yikes.  Such a charming name for a hair color.

Napalm Orange
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Wed May 13, 2015 3:17 pm

^^^This must have been a "fun fad" color in 2012 as this pic is captioned "Hair Crazy 2012"
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Wed May 13, 2015 6:10 pm

I was just looking over the search warrant served by the prosecution to obtain the package/notebook/etc that JH mailed to UC psychiatrist, Lynne Fenton, prior to the shootings.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_ce234f834af7403182bbde3e42fdf2cc.pdf

I found the search warrant at www.courtchatter.com under the archive/document section.

The items the warrant sought are as follows:

1. 1 brown spiral notebook
2. 1 white U.S. Postal Service envelope (Holmes to Fenton)
3. 1 clear evidence envelope
4. 1 sticky note w/infinity design
5. 1 brown evidence bag - Moreno (empty)
6. 20 partially burnt U.S. currency 20 X $20.00 denominations ($400.00 total) (BBM)

It seems clear that the infinity symbol/design is meaningful to JH in some way since he both marked his calendar on 7/20/12 with this symbol and included a sticky note with this symbol in the package mailed to Fenton.

I am wondering what is the significance of the $400 in partially burned $20 bills?  I wonder if Fenton knows?  Possibly.  Everything else that JH did prior to the shooting seems to have purpose; therefore, it seems reasonable to speculate that this act did as well.  Four hundred dollars is not really an insignificant amount of money.  It is more than the $280 that JH had on his person at the time of arrest.  I am wondering if the amount of $400 was brought up in some capacity in a discussion between JH and Fenton?  Do students have to pay for psychiatric care from a university psychiatrist?  Maybe Fenton can shed some light on this if she is called to testify.

Also of interest is that the search warrant states that the mail date on the package from Holmes to Fenton is July 12, 2012. This date is 8 days prior to the shootings.  If the package had reached Fenton in a timely manner then surely (at least I hope) something would have been done to stop JH.  IMO, JH's actions of mailing this package 8 days prior as well as his phone call (unanswered?) to the UC hospital just prior to the shootings may be important.  I'm not trying to let JH of the hook for this horrible act but it does make me wonder if he was indeed looking for someone to stop him.  Weigh in folks... Cool
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

My heart hurt for this witness.  He was in Aurora for a convention for persons who stutter and attended the Batman movie with other persons from the convention.  He was in the adjacent theatre (#8) and was shot in the arm by a bullet that went through the theatre #9 wall. This young man, Gage Hankins, took the witness stand and struggled significantly with his stuttering disability.  He could barely get out his own name. I have to say that I think he was very brave to testify with this difficult condition.  Thegoldpatrol.com tweeted out that JH "smirked" at the witness when he was struggling to state his own name.  If true, that is just disgusting.

http://www.thegoldpatrol.com/james-holmes-trial-live-stream-2.html
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Wed May 13, 2015 8:49 pm

Mylife101 wrote:

Snipped By Me For Space

I took the liberty of bringing the picture over here. Hope you don't mind, One.  Yikes.  Such a charming name for a hair color.

Napalm Orange

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you MyLife. I'm glad you did. CP is going to teach me how to post pic's right. So when I learn you wont have to sweep up after me, lol.  

Also, I've been enjoying your posts very much.

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Wed May 13, 2015 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote)
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed May 13, 2015 10:12 pm

@ One Wonders - awesome find!  I never understood the orange hair, but Napalm Orange makes a lot of sense now.

And apparently, you can buy it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Special-Effects-Hair-Napalm-Orange/dp/B001TLNVD2

I wonder if the prosecutors are aware of this.  If they went through all his credit card/PayPal records, they probably are.  I would love to see them get this entered into evidence.  

But I also assume the defense would have a hissy fit over such evidence being introduced as too prejudicial.   Laughing
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed May 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Mylife101 wrote:^^^This must have been a "fun fad" color in 2012 as this pic is captioned "Hair Crazy 2012"

Apparently https://www.haircrazy.com/ is another website from which such items can be ordered.
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed May 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Mylife101 wrote:I was just looking over the search warrant served by the prosecution to obtain the package/notebook/etc that JH mailed to UC psychiatrist, Lynne Fenton, prior to the shootings.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_ce234f834af7403182bbde3e42fdf2cc.pdf

I found the search warrant at www.courtchatter.com under the archive/document section.

The items the warrant sought are as follows:

1. 1 brown spiral notebook
2. 1 white U.S. Postal Service envelope (Holmes to Fenton)
3. 1 clear evidence envelope
4. 1 sticky note w/infinity design
5. 1 brown evidence bag - Moreno (empty)
6. 20 partially burnt U.S. currency 20 X $20.00 denominations ($400.00 total) (BBM)

It seems clear that the infinity symbol/design is meaningful to JH in some way since he both marked his calendar on 7/20/12 with this symbol and included a sticky note with this symbol in the package mailed to Fenton.

I am wondering what is the significance of the $400 in partially burned $20 bills?  I wonder if Fenton knows?  Possibly.  Everything else that JH did prior to the shooting seems to have purpose; therefore, it seems reasonable to speculate that this act did as well.  Four hundred dollars is not really an insignificant amount of money.  It is more than the $280 that JH had on his person at the time of arrest.  I am wondering if the amount of $400 was brought up in some capacity in a discussion between JH and Fenton?  Do students have to pay for psychiatric care from a university psychiatrist?  Maybe Fenton can shed some light on this if she is called to testify.

Also of interest is that the search warrant states that the mail date on the package from Holmes to Fenton is July 12, 2012. This date is 8 days prior to the shootings.  If the package had reached Fenton in a timely manner then surely (at least I hope) something would have been done to stop JH.  IMO, JH's actions of mailing this package 8 days prior as well as his phone call (unanswered?) to the UC hospital just prior to the shootings may be important.  I'm not trying to let JH of the hook for this horrible act but it does make me wonder if he was indeed looking for someone to stop him.  Weigh in folks... Cool

I'm very curious about that infinity symbol.  And those burnt bills are really bizarre.  I have no idea what either of those things could signify.

I remember hearing that Fenton didn't see the package until after the shooting.  I found an article from 2013 about it (also quoting a few other points of interest):

Dr. Lynne Fenton, a psychiatrist at the University of Colorado, Denver, told police in June that the shooting suspect also threatened and intimidated her. It was more than a month before the July 20 attack at a movie theater that killed 12 and injured 70.

...Whitten added that Fenton said she began to receive threatening text messages from Holmes after he stopped seeing her for counseling, the documents said.

...The document that included the threats to the psychiatrist was filed to obtain the contents of a package Holmes sent to her before the attack. That package included a notebook that the newly released documents describe as like a "journal."

The package was dated July 12 – eight days before the massacre – but was found four days after the attack, in the university mail room. It included a note with an "infinity design" and burnt $20 bills.

Source:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/district-judge-carlos-samour-james-holmes-arrest-documents-released-unsealed_n_3017933.html
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 12:15 am

^^^
It is such a pity that package sat undelivered in the mail room.  I believe this would never have happened if Fenton had received it prior to the shooting date.  I think Fenton will have some idea what the infiniti symbol and $400 burnt cash is about.  JH was trying to make some kind of a point to LF with the notebook, infiniti, and burned $.  He was purposeful in his actions so I am inclined to think those items would not have been included if he did not expect them to be understood on some level by LF.  JH probably told her a lot of things going on in his head since he had client/helper privilege at the time.  She did not have a duty to warn unless JH made specific and/or credible threats as I understand it (Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California). It sounds like JH did cross that line because Dr. Fenton alerted campus police, IIRC.  I am very much looking forward to hearing from Lynne Fenton.  I hope the DT is not able to keep the jury (and us) from hearing a lot of information that LF could testify to.

Question: Do you think that JH was trying to get someone to stop him? Sending the package 8 days early certainly suggests that. He probably assumed that she had received it because it should not take 8 days for a large mailing envelope to be delivered several blocks away.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Thu May 14, 2015 12:25 am

You got me curious re the infinity symbol so I researched it a bit:

"....Infinity (symbol: ∞) is an abstract concept describing something without any limit and is relevant in a number of fields, predominantly mathematics and physics...."

Infinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InfinityWikipedia

"....Best Answer: Limitless, forever life, endless. Stuff along that lines. There is also something called #projectinfinity which honors those who died from suicide or for those who are struggling from self harm. I hope this helps you and congrats on your recovery!!!
Kristana · 2 years ago

Mike1942f
Whatever additional burden has been dumped on it by other people, originally the infinity symbol was/is a mathematical symbol for numbers beyond the range of counting or for slicing an area into such narrow slices that there infinitely many of them. Of minor interest to you, I suppose, is the fact that there are different sizes of infinity - and how do you tell them apart? You match them 1:1 and realize that there are more in between - for example, if you count integers (1,2,3,4,5,...) there are an infinity of them, but in between each pair of integers are the fractions (rational numbers) also going to infinity, so the infinity of rational numbers is bigger than the infinity of integers.
Take care of yourself and consider getting a silver infinity symbol to wear on a neck chain or bracelet
Mike1942f · 2 years ago ...."

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130602084251AA0Hvtw
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Thu May 14, 2015 12:29 am

This is difficult to read due to the page coloring and layout but it is interesting as it breaks the infinity symbol into its symbolism piece by piece (or turn by turn).

http://ascension-pioneers.org/articles/442-the-true-nature-of-infinity-symbol.html
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 12:33 am

@OneWonders: you're welcome!  CP recently taught me how to post pictures. It was easy once she explained it to me in simple terms.  I enjoy your posts as well.  Razz

@CP: ~snipped~ from above post: you wrote: "but Napalm Orange makes a lot of sense now.

And apparently, you can buy it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Special-Effects-Hair-Napalm-Orange/dp/B001TLNVD2 "

Yes, yes, apparently this is true!

But, you had better hurry because I just checked and there are only 15 left.  But, do not worry if you miss out on the fabulous Napalm Orange hair color. There are other equally violent shades that you can choose from.  Perhaps you would enjoy...

or...

Very Happy
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 12:45 am

James Holmes Trial - Day 12 - Part 1

Published on May 13, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 12 - Part 2

James Holmes Trial - Day 12 - Part 3

James Holmes Trial - Day 12 - Part 4

Source: Croaker Queen - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 12:47 am

Freckles wrote:You got me curious re the infinity symbol so I researched it a bit:

"....Infinity (symbol: ∞) is an abstract concept describing something without any limit and is relevant in a number of fields, predominantly mathematics and physics...."

Infinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InfinityWikipedia  

"....Best Answer:  Limitless, forever life, endless. Stuff along that lines. There is also something called #projectinfinity which honors those who died from suicide or for those who are struggling from self harm. I hope this helps you and congrats on your recovery!!!
Kristana · 2 years ago

Mike1942f
   Whatever additional burden has been dumped on it by other people, originally the infinity symbol was/is a mathematical symbol for numbers beyond the range of counting or for slicing an area into such narrow slices that there infinitely many of them. Of minor interest to you, I suppose, is the fact that there are different sizes of infinity - and how do you tell them apart? You match them 1:1 and realize that there are more in between - for example, if you count integers (1,2,3,4,5,...) there are an infinity of them, but in between each pair of integers are the fractions (rational numbers) also going to infinity, so the infinity of rational numbers is bigger than the infinity of integers.
   Take care of yourself and consider getting a silver infinity symbol to wear on a neck chain or bracelet
   Mike1942f · 2 years ago ...."

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130602084251AA0Hvtw

^^^Good point, Freckles.  JH would have studied physics and a considerable amount of mathematics in his undergraduate program.  I wonder what, specifically, JH was attempting to make infinite?  His notoriety?  His life? I remember the defense saying something to the effect of JH insanely believing that he had to kill in order to gain other person's "human capital".  It hurts my head trying to figure out what was going on with this guy.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 12:49 am

Yeah! AD has arrived with our daily dose of trial videos. Thanks, AD!
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top