James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Post by Freckles on Thu May 14, 2015 12:57 am

Mylife:
The infinity symbol is interesting as is the BROKEN symbol.
It can also imply the sense of completion or wholeness.
Perhaps, in this manner, it could be speculated JH was stating he would be complete (life mission accomplished) when the shooting event was over. I dunno...

As for that orange Napalm hair: That is one fad I am delighted to be too old to have participated in. UGH! That really is an insult to those who have suffered from the real napalm. Why laugh or mock something so terrible? Wouldn't that be like, maybe, getting tattoos on the wrist and starving yourself just to make some sort of point re the holocaust?

I was revolted when I use to see hs kids with pins in the face, etc..
Seeing this "jello " hair turns me off big time.
Knowing the meaning (napalm) really adds insult.

JMO
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 1:39 am

Freckles wrote:Mylife:
The infinity symbol is interesting as is the BROKEN symbol.
It can also imply the sense of completion or wholeness.
Perhaps, in this manner, it could be speculated JH was stating he would be complete (life mission accomplished) when the shooting event was over. I dunno...

As for that orange Napalm hair: That is one fad I am delighted to be too old to have participated in. UGH! That really is an insult to those who have suffered from the real napalm. Why laugh or mock something so terrible? Wouldn't that be like, maybe, getting tattoos on the wrist and starving yourself just to make some sort of point re the holocaust?

I was revolted when I use to see hs kids with pins in the face, etc..
Seeing this "jello " hair turns me off big time.
Knowing the meaning (napalm) really adds insult.

JMO

I think Dr. Fenton will be able to give some idea about what JH's fixation on the infiniti symbol was all about.  I hope so.

I have seen lots of teenagers/young people that enjoy this odd colored hair fad.  I don't think that the orange color is seen by them to necessarily represent "napalm" per se.   The young generation has never really turned on the tv every night and seen news anchors cover the atrocities of war. With the exception of persons who have recently served in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan, the movies and a history book are their only reference point, so I doubt that it registers to them that a name of that type on a hair dye could be seen as disrespectful.  I blame the manufacturing company for thinking those names for their colors are cute/funny/appropriate.  Most of us are all too familiar with the horror we felt when we saw the news picture of the little girl running down the street screaming in pain following a napalm attack ( http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/the-historic-napalm-girl-pulitzer-image-marks-its-40th-anniversary/ )  Like you, I am also too old to be the least bit interested in the crazy hair color fad; therefore, I guess I am really not qualified to speak to what young people do or don't think colors represent.  So, I dunno either...
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 2:20 am

^^^
So, I just asked my 18 year-old daughter what she thinks about "napalm orange" hair color. Her response: "What's napalm?" Maybe many of the buyers of this product don't even know what the name is a reference too. Amara didn't. But, I'm sure JH did...
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 2:36 am

Mylife101 wrote:^^^
It is such a pity that package sat undelivered in the mail room.  I believe this would never have happened if Fenton had received it prior to the shooting date.  I think Fenton will have some idea what the infiniti symbol and $400 burnt cash is about.  JH was trying to make some kind of a point to LF with the notebook, infiniti, and burned $.  He was purposeful in his actions so I am inclined to think those items would not have been included if he did not expect them to be understood on some level by LF.  JH probably told her a lot of things going on in his head since he had client/helper privilege at the time.  She did not have a duty to warn unless JH made specific and/or credible threats as I understand it (Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California). It sounds like JH did cross that line because Dr. Fenton alerted campus police, IIRC.  I am very much looking forward to hearing from Lynne Fenton.  I hope the DT is not able to keep the jury (and us) from hearing a lot of information that LF could testify to.

Question: Do you think that JH was trying to get someone to stop him?  Sending the package 8 days early certainly suggests that.  He probably assumed that she had received it because it should not take 8 days for a large mailing envelope to be delivered several blocks away.

Mylife, you make excellent points, especially about his purposefulness.  He certainly appears to think everything out to the nth degree.  I look forward to hearing what LF has to say, too.  If anyone can help us understand what was going on in his mind, it would be her.

I hope that mailroom clerk was fired.

As to your question.  I hadn't heard what was in that notebook until I just found this:

“Inside the package was a notebook full of details about how he was going to kill people,” the source told FoxNews.com. “There were drawings of what he was going to do in it – drawings and illustrations of the massacre.

Among the images shown in the spiral-bound notebook’s pages were gun-wielding stick figures blowing away other stick figures.
Source:  http://newsone.com/2027127/james-holmes-package/

If that is true, it does appear that he might have been trying to get someone to stop him.  

But he had already spent so much time planning, and so much money on all the ammunition, guns, body armor, chemicals, etc., that it's hard for me to imagine that he'd wait until he got that far to seek help. He seemed pretty intent on following through, since he had been planning this for at least 2 months.  

Of course we have no idea how much he revealed to LF when he was in counseling with her.  Was he honest with her?  Did he keep his plans to himself but just give hints that weren't picked up on?  Did he not reveal anything about his real intent?  Without knowing more, it's so hard to tell whether or not he wanted to be stopped prior to him sending the package.  

Also, why did he threaten her?  Another action that makes no sense without knowing more.

This defendant certainly boggles the mind!

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 2:42 am

Mylife101 wrote:My heart hurt for this witness.  He was in Aurora for a convention for persons who stutter and attended the Batman movie with other persons from the convention.  He was in the adjacent theatre (#8) and was shot in the arm by a bullet that went through the theatre #9 wall. This young man, Gage Hankins, took the witness stand and struggled significantly with his stuttering disability.  He could barely get out his own name. I have to say that I think he was very brave to testify with this difficult condition.  Thegoldpatrol.com tweeted out that JH "smirked" at the witness when he was struggling to state his own name.  If true, that is just disgusting.

http://www.thegoldpatrol.com/james-holmes-trial-live-stream-2.html

Thanks for sharing the info. Like these victims' testimony isn't heartbreaking enough. I didn't see this part of the testimony today; now I'm kind of glad I missed it, as I don't know if I could have handled it.

If JH smirked, I have no words. So much for him having remorse as his defense attorneys claim.

By the way, I'll be in and out for the next several days of trial, so I won't be able to keep up with posting tweets.

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 2:46 am

Freckles wrote:

This is difficult to read due to the page coloring and layout but it is interesting as it breaks the infinity symbol into its symbolism piece by piece (or turn by turn).

http://ascension-pioneers.org/articles/442-the-true-nature-of-infinity-symbol.html

That is a really interesting article!  Especially the comment about it representing polar opposites.

Thanks for sharing, Freckles!
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 2:51 am

Mylife101 wrote:@OneWonders: you're welcome!  CP recently taught me how to post pictures. It was easy once she explained it to me in simple terms.  I enjoy your posts as well.  Razz

@CP: ~snipped~ from above post: you wrote: "but Napalm Orange makes a lot of sense now.

And apparently, you can buy it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Special-Effects-Hair-Napalm-Orange/dp/B001TLNVD2 "

Yes, yes, apparently this is true!

But, you had better hurry because I just checked and there are only 15 left.  But, do not worry if you miss out on the fabulous Napalm Orange hair color. There are other equally violent shades that you can choose from.  Perhaps you would enjoy...

or...

Very Happy

Good grief!  This is just sick!

I love your sense of humor, by the way.  You always make me giggle.  
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 2:55 am

Mylife101 wrote:Yeah! AD has arrived with our daily dose of trial videos.  Thanks, AD!  

Ditto!  

AD, some day I'd love to know how you get them to show up as large videos.  When I copy them, they come out so much smaller.  Do you view them in what I think is called theater view before copying them?  Curious minds want to know... Very Happy
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 3:03 am

This is an interesting article from yesterday.

Jurors' questions aim at heart of theater shooting trial

Associated Press By SADIE GURMAN May 12, 2015 4:27 PM

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — A neuroscience professor was nearly finished testifying about the Colorado theater shooter's lackluster lab performance when a juror scrawled out a question, passed to the judge on a slip of paper: Did James Holmes ever seem disconnected from reality?

It was one of more than 100 questions jurors have asked of witnesses in the first two weeks of Holmes' death penalty trial, showing they're already cutting through descriptions of mayhem in the theater to grapple with the central question they will have to answer: Was Holmes legally insane when he began shooting?

These jurors seem astute, engaged and curious about details, from how Holmes moved through the theater during the chaos, to the science of the explosive booby traps in his apartment, to whether his eyes were dilated and bloodshot immediately after his arrest. On Tuesday, one juror asked how Holmes behaved when he bought bomb-making materials at a chemical supply store.

"They are acting like detectives," Dallas-based litigation consultant Alison K. Bennett said. "They are trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together."

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/jurors-questions-aim-heart-theater-shooting-trial-175020628.html

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 8:54 am

Jason Sickles ‏@jasonsickles  · May 12  
FBI pic of calendar in #TheaterShooting gunman’s bedroom: Massacre date circled & marked with an infinity symbol, #1

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting?src=hash
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 9:08 am

@ CP and Mylife101:

guitar 
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 am

PERRY: This is insane; time for prosecutors in theater shooting trial to explain why Holmes is not

The hard part is going to be not deciding whether Holmes was insane when he opened fire after weeks, maybe months, of planning, but what insanity is and what it’s not

BY DAVE PERRY, Editor, Updated: May 14, 2015 6:39 am

AURORA | Well into the third week of reliving one of the most grisly crimes in Colorado, the Aurora theater shooting trial jury is sending out a powerful message: Cut to the chase.

If you haven’t taken the time or had the stomach to tune into the live streaming broadcast of the trial, see it at least once.

That’s about all it takes to get a feel for what this is going to be like for the next four of five months. The prosecution’s plan is to envelope the jury in the sheer scope and horror of what James Holmes did. While they may very well believe that Holmes was inarguably legally sane as he prepared for and carried out the harrowing murders, their case will deal relatively little with that, compared to everything else prosecutors are covering. They’re gambling that by immersing the jury in the terror of that slaughter, for months, any lingering doubt about his sanity will be overwhelmed. And it may turn out that Holmes was indeed the sober, calculating savage prosecutors make him out to be.

But despite what you might think when you watch the trial, the case isn’t about whether or how Holmes murdered 12 people and wounded dozens more when he opened fire inside that Aurora theater on July 20, 2012. The defense has stipulated all of it. Everything.

And clearly, the jury gets how excruciating and bottomless the pain and horror is from what Holmes did. And they’re ready to get to the real argument that the prosecution wants to either avoid or condition the jury for. You can tell all that from the jury questions.

Read more:

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/opinion/perry-insane-time-prosecutors-theater-shooting-trial-explain-holmes-not/#.VVSd8lkqvT8
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 9:43 am

CU professor: Aurora theater shooting gunman disengaged at final exam

By John Ingold and Jordan Steffen
The Denver Post

Posted:   05/13/2015 07:11:59 AM MDT4 Comments | Updated:   about 13 hours ago

CENTENNIAL — Six weeks before a gunman opened fire inside an Aurora movie theater in July 2012, University of Colorado professor William Sather watched as the man drew a detailed diagram of a human ear.

It was all perfectly accurate, Sather recalled Wednesday in testimony during Day 12 of the theater shooting trial, except for one thing: Sather and the other professors in the room hadn't asked James Holmes anything about the ear. Instead, during a key oral exam at the end of Holmes' first year as a neuroscience graduate student on CU's Anschutz Medical Campus, the professors asked Holmes to talk about how the brain processes sound — a question Holmes never answered during a test in which he mostly spoke in short sentences.

"It was as though he may not have been fully engaged in the process," Sather said.

Sather's testimony provided a glimpse into the exam that both prosecutors and defense attorneys argue was a watershed moment in Holmes' transformation from quiet student to armored killer.

To prosecutors, the exam — which Holmes flunked — represents the final defeat in a failed neuroscience career that persuaded Holmes to attack the theater as a way of improving his sense of self-worth. They have presented evidence that Holmes was busy buying weapons and ammunition even before the exam. To them, the lackluster exam performance is a sign that Holmes had turned his ambitions elsewhere.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/theater-shooting-trial/ci_28106345/aurora-theater-shooting-jury-returns-day-12-trial
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 10:36 am

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 4m
Switching things up a little in #theatershooting coverage today. I'll be tweeting less and updating more at http://live.denverpost.com/Event/LIVE_BLOG_The_Aurora_Theater_Shooting_Trial …

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 11:31 am

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel  · 2m 
Up to 157 bullet impacts inside the theater. CSI counted 76 shots fired. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live … #TheaterShooting

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu May 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 9m
DA says CSI expert running out of ink 2 mark #theatershooting model as she approaches 200 bullet impacts. Watch live: http://link.kdvr.com/1G9hJLJ

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 4:13 pm

MEET THE MAIN PLAYERS IN THE JAMES HOLMES TRIAL

Who's Who in the James Holmes trial

JUDGE:
CARLOS A. SAMOUR, JR.

Carlos A. Samour Jr was born in El Salvadore and moved to the USA at age 13. He was a private defense attorney as well as a prosecutor in Denver. He became a district court judge in 2007. This is his 1st death penalty case as a judge.

DEFENSE:

DEFENSE ATTORNEY TAMARA BRADY

Chief deputy public defender with experience in death penalty cases & mental illness defense.

See them all at:

http://www.thegoldpatrol.com/whos-who-in-the-james-holmes-trial.html
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Thu May 14, 2015 5:46 pm

I usually try not to be a complainer..., but this time I just can't help myself.

The camera angle for the JH trial is aggravating. I would really like to see the witnesses and JH more clearly as they are the most interesting to watch. I try very hard to gage JH's reactions and expressions but he is very hard to see on my computer screen. ARG!!!
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Thu May 14, 2015 8:28 pm

Mylife101 wrote:MEET THE MAIN PLAYERS IN THE JAMES HOLMES TRIAL

JUDGE:
CARLOS A. SAMOUR, JR.

Carlos A. Samour Jr was born in El Salvadore and moved to the USA at age 13. He was a private defense attorney as well as a prosecutor in Denver. He became a district court judge in 2007. This is his 1st death penalty case as a judge.

DEFENSE:

Chief deputy public defender with experience in death penalty cases & mental illness defense.

See them all at:

So I gotta tell ya MyLife. I pictured him to look like my 8th grade Civics teacher Mr Escalante so that disappoints me but boy howdy do I love this Judge. The best I've ever seen and to learn this is his first DP case is shocking, I thought he'd been doing it for years and years as good as he is. Stephens can't even hold a candle to him or any other Judge if ya ask me,,,,,But who's asking me right??? Very Happy
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by One Wonders on Thu May 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Mylife101 wrote:I usually try not to be a complainer..., but this time I just can't help myself.

The camera angle for the JH trial is aggravating.  I would really like to see the witnesses and JH more clearly as they are the most interesting to watch.  I try very hard to gage JH's reactions and expressions but he is very hard to see on my computer screen. ARG!!!

Oh heck I complain all the time so welcome to the party, lol.
I agree 100% with you (but feel guilty about it cuz I'm thankful we get to actually watch a trial). I wish it was so much better too, like if we could see the documents clearly too it would be great. I was wondering if when this trial is over we will have somewhere to watch it that has all the bells and whistles we want.
Right now I'm waiting for our very own AD to post todays vid's cuz I want to see the last of what happened today with that poor guy who was sitting so close to JH as he was shooting. I hope that doesn't sound awful about the way I described AD as I love, love, love her to bits and pieces. Okay, time for me to quit rattling on, lol.
One Wonders

Mood : Neener

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 10:34 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 4m
Switching things up a little in #theatershooting coverage today. I'll be tweeting less and updating more at http://live.denverpost.com/Event/LIVE_BLOG_The_Aurora_Theater_Shooting_Trial …

Thanks for the info, AD. He quickly became my favorite person to read on Twitter, as his tweets were concise yet very informative.

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 10:53 pm

One Wonders wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:I usually try not to be a complainer..., but this time I just can't help myself.

The camera angle for the JH trial is aggravating.  I would really like to see the witnesses and JH more clearly as they are the most interesting to watch.  I try very hard to gage JH's reactions and expressions but he is very hard to see on my computer screen. ARG!!!

I agree 100% with you (but feel guilty about it cuz I'm thankful we get to actually watch a trial). I wish it was so much better too, like if we could see the documents clearly too it would be great. I was wondering if when this trial is over we will have somewhere to watch it that has all the bells and whistles we want.
Right now I'm waiting for our very own AD to post todays vid's cuz I want to see the last of what happened today with that poor guy who was sitting so close to JH as he was shooting. I hope that doesn't sound awful about the way I described AD as I love, love, love her to bits and pieces. Okay, time for me to quit rattling on, lol.

I third that.  All I can see of JH is swivel, swivel, swivel.  Can't make out the face of any witness.

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that these are the CCTV already in the courtroom, not mainstream media cameras.  I don't think there are any other cameras that would provide a different perspective/zoom level, unfortunately.  

AD PM'ed me on how to post the larger format videos; let me go see if I can do it.
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 11:07 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 13 - Part 1

James Holmes Trial - Day 13 - Part 2

James Holmes Trial - Day 13 - Part 3

James Holmes Trial - Day 13 - Part 4  

All published:  May 14, 2015

Source: Croaker Queen - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg

(Woohoo! I did it! Thanks for your help, AD!)  

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu May 14, 2015 11:19 pm

I came across another older article that has an interesting tidbit in it (I don't know if it's true, but I'll post it anyway):

The package, which came to light following the killings at a midnight premiere of a Batman film, was opened by a deputy with the Adams County bomb squad. Inside the package was burned currency and ashes.

If it is true that there were ashes in it, and since JH appears to place significance on various things, I wonder what the significance of the ashes are.  Could it be as simple as the charred pieces of the burnt money broke off, or something more symbolic/nefarious?  Thoughts?

Source:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/10/jams-holmes-aurora-colorado-shooting-theater-burned-money-colorado/1759189/
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri May 15, 2015 8:27 am

^^^

Brava, CP!!!  You did it!!!  

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri May 15, 2015 8:42 am

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq  · 10m
No trial in #TheaterShooting today

(The trial will resume Monday)
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Fri May 15, 2015 9:26 am

‘That’s when he shot me,’ Aurora theater shooting victim tells jury

The shooter came within about five feet of him, Rosborough said, and he thought he was going to be shot so he covered his face. “That’s when he shot me,” he said.

By Brandon Johansson, Staff writer, Updated: May 14, 2015 6:57 pm

CENTENNIAL | The Aurora theater shooting trial continued Thursday with powerful testimony from a victim who said the gunman shot him from just five feet away, as well as the jury’s first look at the assault rifle used in the rampage.

Dion Rosborough went to the theater that night by himself, but told jurors he also planned to go later that weekend with a group of friends.

“I love super hero movies,” he said.
Rosborough said after the shooting started he tried to run but fell onto a man laying on the ground in a fetal position. As he tried to flee he saw a figure wearing a helmet, body armor and holding a gun shooting into the crowd.

The shooter didn’t seem to be in a rush as he fired, Rosborough said, and walked slowly as he shot movie goers.

The shooter came within about five feet of him, Rosborough said, and he thought he was going to be shot so he covered his face.

“That’s when he shot me,” he said.

Read more:

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/thats-shot-aurora-theater-shooting-victim-tells-jury/#.VVXt76UWo48.twitter
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Fri May 15, 2015 12:23 pm

One Wonders wrote:
Mylife101 wrote:MEET THE MAIN PLAYERS IN THE JAMES HOLMES TRIAL

JUDGE:
CARLOS A. SAMOUR, JR.

DEFENSE:

See them all at:

So I gotta tell ya MyLife. I pictured him to look like my 8th grade Civics teacher Mr Escalante so that disappoints me but boy howdy do I love this Judge. The best I've ever seen and to learn this is his first DP case is shocking, I thought he'd been doing it for years and years as good as he is. Stephens can't even hold a candle to him or any other Judge if ya ask me,,,,,But who's asking me right??? Very Happy

There have been several times when I have formed a mental picture of what I think someone will look like and then when I actually meet/see the person they look very different than the way that I had imagined that they would look. It is a weird feeling. And yes, I really love this judge. He is so quick with his decisions and has prepared himself in advance for many of the things that are brought up. His sense of humor is appropriate and well placed and he seems to be very fair. I'm also impressed with the prosecutors. They are pleasant and professional when questioning witnesses and the move on without loosing a single beat when the judge sustains an objection. I'm glad you lured me over to this thread, OneWonders.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Fri May 15, 2015 12:43 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
One Wonders wrote:

I third that.  All I can see of JH is swivel, swivel, swivel.  Can't make out the face of any witness.

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that these are the CCTV already in the courtroom, not mainstream media cameras.  I don't think there are any other cameras that would provide a different perspective/zoom level, unfortunately.  

AD PM'ed me on how to post the larger format videos; let me go see if I can do it.

(^^^BBM) I believe the swiveling is a self-comforting action. JH is swiveling in the chair more often than not; but, the rotation width and intensity of his swiveling seems to increase when a victim witness is on the stand. I have noticed that the times JH seems to quit swiveling is when there are pictures on the screen or testimony that is of particular interest to him such as scenes from his apartment or testimony from bomb detectives. But, heck, the swiveling could just be from medications or boredom. Anyway, it's funny that you mentioned the swiveling because I have many times watched JH swiveling and thought to myself, "Gosh, I would love to see his chair replaced with one that doesn't swivel or rock". If the swiveling is a comforting action for him I wonder what affect changing his chair would have on his courtroom demeanor?

Speaking of JH watching victim witness testify: I just don't know what to make of his demeanor. We have been told by the defense that he is medicated and that may effect his behavior and make him seem detached or whatever it is that they exactly said to that affect. I watch JH viewing the victims testimony and detached is exactly what I see. He just listens along as if he were just being told a story that is in no way related to him or something that he has caused. No apparent emotion, distress, or reaction. Is it the medication causing JH to behave this way or does he just not give a darn what harm and pain he has caused these victims? Or even worse, is JH sitting there wallowing in a big dose of schadenfreude?
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Fri May 15, 2015 12:54 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:I came across another older article that has an interesting tidbit in it (I don't know if it's true, but I'll post it anyway):

The package, which came to light following the killings at a midnight premiere of a Batman film, was opened by a deputy with the Adams County bomb squad. Inside the package was burned currency and ashes.

If it is true that there were ashes in it, and since JH appears to place significance on various things, I wonder what the significance of the ashes are.  Could it be as simple as the charred pieces of the burnt money broke off, or something more symbolic/nefarious?  Thoughts?

Source:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/10/jams-holmes-aurora-colorado-shooting-theater-burned-money-colorado/1759189/

The ashes: I would imagine that JH probably put the cash on a plate or something that would not burn when he was partially burning it and then dumped the burnt cash, ashes and all, into the mailing envelope. I am assuming (and could be wrong) that the money and ashes were loose in the envelope and not self-contained such as in a plastic bag. This would create a mess as the ashes circulated in the envelope. Possibly, the ash mess all over the contents was an "ashes to ashes" type of a message? I am still intriqued by the $400. Why $400? Why not $20 or $180 or any other random number?
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Fri May 15, 2015 1:59 pm

These are ~snippets~ that I found interesting from the article that AD posted above. (BBM)

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/thats-shot-aurora-theater-shooting-victim-tells-jury/#.VVXt76UWo48.twitter

"Burnett, who held the rifle clad in plastic evidence packaging for the jury, said when she lifted the gun off the ground at the theater, a 30-round magazine fell out because it hadn’t been inserted properly.

That’s significant because it means Holmes tried to use a second magazine after the 100-round drum magazine malfunctioned and caused the gun to jam, according to testimony."

(Thank God that JH was not more skilled in intricacies of using and loading this gun. I can't even begin to wonder how much more horrible this crime would have been if he had loaded that magazine correctly)

"Prosecutors have said Holmes had handcuffs with him at the theater and had said in his detailed plans that they could be used to hold two theater doors together, locking moviegoers inside."

(I have been wondering what in the heck JH intended to do with the handcuffs.  I didn't get to watch this portion of the testimony.  I wonder how prosecutors got this information/idea.  Did JH tell them or are they just speculating.  If true, I wonder why he did not execute that part of his plan? I'm glad he didn't.  This is so chilling!)

"Road stars, also known as caltrops, were found inside Holmes’ vehicle after the shooting. Prosecutors have said Holmes considered driving away from the theater but decided he couldn’t drive wearing all of his body armor."

(We have all speculated as to why JH did not flee more quickly or if he even intended to flee at all.  The road stars clear that up for me.  JH's plans included making a getaway. Now I'm left to wonder where JH intended to go after the shooting?)

More speculation: I would be willing to bet that JH rues the moment that he decided taking a 100mg Vicodin would be a good idea.  I seems that particular choice may have put his sharp mind in slow motion, made him sloppy, and caused him not to be able to follow all of his plans accordingly.  Thank God he made that colossal Vicodin mistake.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri May 15, 2015 3:57 pm

Mylife101 wrote:
CuriousPortlander wrote:I came across another older article that has an interesting tidbit in it (I don't know if it's true, but I'll post it anyway):

The ashes: I would imagine that JH probably put the cash on a plate or something that would not burn when he was partially burning it and then dumped the burnt cash, ashes and all, into the mailing envelope.  I am assuming (and could be wrong) that the money and ashes were loose in the envelope and not self-contained such as in a plastic bag.  This would create a mess as the ashes circulated in the envelope.  Possibly, the ash mess all over the contents was an "ashes to ashes" type of a message?  I am still intriqued by the $400.  Why $400?  Why not $20 or $180 or any other random number?

I am speculating here.
IF JH had been leaned on to make a payment to the individual for services received or to the school, MAYBE he intentionally made the payment but burnt the money in protest? Then, if true, we might see this as a sign of protest over the demand for payment. Do we know how payment was made or even if it was requested by anyone at the school?
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Fri May 15, 2015 4:14 pm

^^^That is an excellent point to consider, Freckles. I am wondering if UC students must pay for visits with the university psychiatrist and if so, how much are they charged? Did JH have an outstanding bill as you have queried? Was JH told that future visits would be charged for after dropping out of the school? I really don't know how universities handle the financial end of students needing psychological help? Maybe one of the other readers knows how this works. Anyone???
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Fri May 15, 2015 4:22 pm

While it is stated JH made this "payment" and took this action, I regard it as only a possibility. Were the bills or the envelope ever printed? Where is the forensics? Or is it just supposition since, maybe, his name of JH was somewhere on the envelope?

Why have a return envelope identifying you as the sender IF you intended to "get away" with this crime? And it is a crime to deface American money. IF his name was NOT on the envelope or inside letter, etc., HOW would they know he sent it?

Too much left unexplained and just presented as FACT...
This bothers me and irritates the heck out of me.
Sorry...Sloppy at best and a set up at worst.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 pm

^^^I am speculating that JH was literally crying out for someone to stop him when he sent the package to psychiatrist, Lynne Fenton, a full 8 days prior to the shooting.  I think that may even apply to the call he made to the UC hospital minutes before he carried out the act.  I have read theories that say JH was just setting-up an insanity defense by doing those things but I disagree with that notion.  Sending the package 8 days in advance would been more than enough time for someone to have acted and intervened if the package had been received and opened in a timely manner.  It is so unfortunate that this package did not reach LF prior to the crime.  IIRC, I believe that I read that LF was on vacation the week the package arrived.  Here is a link to the search warrant for the package:
http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_ce234f834af7403182bbde3e42fdf2cc.pdf

If you scroll down and read the rest of the warrant there are other interesting tidbits of information as well. study
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri May 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Mylife101 wrote:

{snipped}

(^^^BBM) I believe the swiveling is a self-comforting action.  JH is swiveling in the chair more often than not; but, the rotation width and intensity of his swiveling seems to increase when a victim witness is on the stand.  I have noticed that the times JH seems to quit swiveling is when there are pictures on the screen or testimony that is of particular interest to him such as scenes from his apartment or testimony from bomb detectives.  But, heck, the swiveling could just be from medications or boredom.  Anyway, it's funny that you mentioned the swiveling because I have many times watched JH swiveling and thought to myself, "Gosh, I would love to see his chair replaced with one that doesn't swivel or rock".  If the swiveling is a comforting action for him I wonder what affect changing his chair would have on his courtroom demeanor?

Speaking of JH watching victim witness testify: I just don't know what to make of his demeanor.  We have been told by the defense that he is medicated and that may effect his behavior and make him seem detached or whatever it is that they exactly said to that affect.  I watch JH viewing the victims testimony and detached is exactly what I see.  He just listens along as if he were just being told a story that is in no way related to him or something that he has caused.  No apparent emotion, distress, or reaction.  Is it the medication causing JH to behave this way or does he just not give a darn what harm and pain he has caused these victims?  Or even worse, is JH sitting there wallowing in a big dose of schadenfreude?

BBM = great descriptions, Mylife.  I've made the same observations about when he swivels.

Any of the options you mentioned could apply. I had to look up schadenfreude.  I have wondered at times if he's enjoying looking at his cleverness/handiwork throughout this trial. I would think that to do what he did would require a lack of: emotions, concern for others, caring, or even a conscience.  I don't see that as any different than how he appears now.  I wonder if he's ever shown feelings, to anyone, outside of his actions of this horrendous event.  Did he ever yell, scream, or get angry at someone?  Was he ever in love?  From what I know so far (which isn't much), he seems like he may have always been detached from feelings and emotions.  

Could meds do that?  I know anti-depressants can reduce hyper-sensitivity in ultra-emotional people, and/or can dull feelings, but I don't think they can remove feelings altogether.  
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri May 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Freckles wrote:While it is stated JH made this "payment" and took this action, I regard it as only a possibility. Were the bills or the envelope ever printed? Where is the forensics? Or is it just supposition since, maybe, his name of JH was somewhere on the envelope?

Why have a return envelope identifying you as the sender IF you intended to "get away" with this crime? And it is a crime to deface American money. IF his name was NOT on the envelope or inside letter, etc., HOW would they know he sent it?

Too much left unexplained and just presented as FACT...
This bothers me and irritates the heck out of me.
Sorry...Sloppy at best and a set up at worst.

I don't think he ever intended to get away with it, as I've commented previously.  Since he was planning mass murder, defacing money was nothing in comparison.

We haven't gotten to the forensic evidence in trial yet regarding this package. But I'm not sure it's even necessary.  Most of what was presented as fact has been due to JH's own admissions, and stipulations by his defense team.

It says in the search warrant (thanks for the link to that, Mylife) that "Dr. Fenton had received a phone call from the defense counsel of Holmes who told her that Holmes had mailed a package to her at the campus and the defense wanted the package turned over to them". And his name and address were on the outside of the envelope.

So it appears that they were looking for it based on his own admission of having sent it. His defense team admits this was his journal, as they quoted from it during opening statements:  "King and Spengler referred to the seemingly delusional rants in a journal Holmes mailed to his therapist just before the shootings as proof that he had lost his mind."  (Source:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/27/james-holmes-trial-opening-statements_n_7149462.html)

Just like the police knew he was the only shooter, because when he was arrested, "Sweeney was the one to ask him if he was alone and Holmes responded: "It's just me."" (Source:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/aurora-shooting-trial-james-holmes-wore-armor-police/story?id=30710968).  He admitted up front to being the only shooter.  And the defense has stipulated as such.

I've never seen such an "honest" defendant before this case!  His own words seem to get him into more trouble, not because they're lies, but because he tells the truth.
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Fri May 15, 2015 11:00 pm

James Holmes Exhibits

http://trialqueen.com/james-holmes-exhibits/
has links to the following exhibits:

Transcript of Audio Interview

Shooting Range Application and Email

Theater Nine Stadium Seating Charts by Each

Cell Phone Records  

Invoices for Targets and Gear Ordered by Defendants

Miscellaneous Exhibits

Google Subscriber Information
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 am

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver · 28m
Judge frustrated that #theatershooting defense lawyers try to limit gore & emotion of trial: http://cbsloc.al/1Fimr7X

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 10:12 am

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel  · 1h  
#TheaterShooting trial: Judge considers whether to allow video from ambulance bay of University Hospital - http://bit.ly/1PQQaHN

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am

John Ingold ‏@johningold · 17m
Week 4 of the Aurora #theatershooting trial starts in about a half hour. If interested, read up on prior weeks here: http://www.denverpost.com/theatertrial

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 10:35 am

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR  · 58s  
WATCH LIVE: Testimony resumes in fourth week of #theatershooting trial http://link.kdvr.com/1IH6uff  

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 10:43 am

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel  · 6m 
Resuming #TheaterShooting trial coverage this morning. Week 4, Day 14. Watch live: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live …

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 10:55 am

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 1m  
#TheaterShooting defense worried about quotes from victims & top prosecutor in U.S. calling #tsarnaev verdict "justice."

Carol McKinley ‏@CarolAMcKinley  · 4m  
Court told us  #theatershooting jurors could read whatever they wanted about the Boston death penalty verdict. Now def wants to poll them.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol  · 5m
#theatershooting

Defense has concerns about the #Tsarnaev case and wants the jury polled about their exposure to this case

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 pm

CBSDenver ‏@CBSDenver  · 31m  
#theatershooting continues with jurors unswayed by #BostonBomber verdict

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 1h
Upon #TheaterShooting judge question raised at def. request, not 1 juror raised hand about following #Tsarnaev trial so 0 impartiality issue

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Sadie Gurman ‏@sgurman · 7m
Colorado #theatershooting judge asks jurors about Boston coverage; jurors say they were not influenced http://www.koaa.com/story/29091845/colorado-shooting-judge-asks-jurors-about-boston-coverage …

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Aurora theater shooting trial jurors hear about damage in theater next door

By Jordan Steffen
The Denver Post

Posted:   05/18/2015 10:37:25 AM MDT | Updated:   68 min. ago

CENTENNIAL — The Aurora theater shooting gunman didn't step foot in the theater next door on July 20, 2012, but bullets and pellets he fired pierced the wall and wounded moviegoers.

Maria Pettolina, an Aurora police crime scene investigator, testified on Monday about 16 impacts she photographed inside Theater 8, which shared a wall with Theater 9 where 12 people were killed.

Some of the bullets and fragments punched through the wall between the theaters and lodged in the wall on the opposite side of Theater 8, Pettolina said on the 14th day of the trial.

At least two people in Theater 8 were wounded in the attack.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/theater-shooting-trial/ci_28138935/aurora-theater-shooting-trial-jurors-hear-about-damage
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 5m  
Duran went to the theater with his friend Ryan and met with others. #theatershooting

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol  · 5m  
#theatershooting

They asked some friends to switch seats and they did.

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol  · 6m  
#theatershooting

Trial is back. watch live as Louis Dorian testifies about being inside the theater.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 6m  
Next #theatershooting witness: Louis Duran, another survivor. Prosecutor Lisa Teesch-Maguire is questioning him.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 8m  
#TheaterShooting survivor Louis Dorian takes stand as court comes back from break. Watch live: http://link.kdvr.com/1IH6uff

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon May 18, 2015 1:01 pm

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel · 3m
#TheaterShooting survivor says "Didn't think I was going to make it" so he called mom. Watch: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live …

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top