James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: James Holmes: Colorado Theater Murder Trial

Post by CuriousPortlander on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:16 pm

AD, thanks for all the tweets and articles.

Freckles, thanks for your notes.

All that info was very helpful to me, as I had to step out this afternoon for an appointment.  I think I'm glad I missed most of that... Laughing
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:26 pm

^^^ Very Happy
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:
Freckles wrote:6 months working on psychotic persons in controlled settings.
6 months dealing with other brain malfunctions: MS, epilepsy, etc. Brains disorders.
U of Penns has the largest patient inventory on brain disorders.
Did residency there.
Then did 2 yrs to finish her psychiatry degree.
(Had one yr of serous ill psychotic patients.)
She taught grad students w/ lectures, course work;
taught undergrads how male/female brains may differ.

She is serious but not brash.
Knowledgeable and sharing.
I like her.

But she is not a forensic psychiatrist and that is the DA's contention. Throughout the defense's case in chief, the prosecution major pep peeve has been the fact that the defense's expert witness that have already testified are not experts in forensic psychiatry, and they are not qualified to testify to the fact that the defendant was legally insane at the time of the shooting. If what the defense wants to do is to save the life of their client, they should have hired a forensic psychiatrist to testify on their client's behalf. This witness might have some impressive credentials, but she is not a forensic psychiatrist.
Oh, I agree with your comments.
I like her because she is solid in pursuing her interests and in her way...
She does not BS and she does not apologize or attempt to inflate her comments to try to satisfy some agenda.
Personally, the def failed to provide an "expert" witness and I was surprised the judge allowed the title to be conferred on her...
IMO, the judge should have disallowed her, admonished the def atty, etc..
(But I did like her for the reasons I stated. I was not prepared to like her. )
Freckles

Mood : Eyebrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 pm

I do not see any evidence JH was insane before, during,  or after the shooting.
Shyness, lousy jokes, awkward socially do NOT equate to insanity and have nothing to do with it.
(While I still question the depth of his involvement, I don't think he was insane.)
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:25 pm

<----- See the previous page for the Part 1 video of Day 43.

James Holmes Trial - Day 43 - Part 2

Published on Jul 6, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 43 - Part 3

Published on Jul 6, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 43 - Part 4

Published on Jul 6, 2015

Source: Croaker Queen - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyFXpkWhSr9IAqD4LKq02fg
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Freckles wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

But she is not a forensic psychiatrist and that is the DA's contention. Throughout the defense's case in chief, the prosecution major pep peeve has been the fact that the defense's expert witness that have already testified are not experts in forensic psychiatry, and they are not qualified to testify to the fact that the defendant was legally insane at the time of the shooting. If what the defense wants to do is to save the life of their client, they should have hired a forensic psychiatrist to testify on their client's behalf. This witness might have some impressive credentials, but she is not a forensic psychiatrist.
Oh, I  agree with your comments.
I like her because she is solid in pursuing her interests and in her way...
She does not BS and she does not apologize or attempt to inflate her comments to try to satisfy some agenda.
Personally, the def failed to provide an "expert" witness and I was surprised the judge allowed the title to be conferred on her...
IMO, the judge should have disallowed her, admonished the def atty, etc..
(But I did like her for the reasons I stated. I was not prepared to like her. )

I totally understand the reasons why you like her,  she is a very interesting individual. On the other hand, I'm not impressed by the performance of the public defenders who are representing Holmes. I think he was dealt a bad hand when the court assigned them to his case. Most people are bored with the defense's case in chief (in this particular trial) because it seems that the attorneys are just going through the motions.  IMO, they lack passion, intensity, and determination.

I think this trial is very similar to the Boston Bomber Trial.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 pm

^^^ I agree. I find the DT case boring which leads me to suspect that at least some of the jurors find it boring as well. I also find it unconvincing.

Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm

CuriousPortlander wrote:
Alessandra_Deux wrote:

But she is not a forensic psychiatrist and that is the DA's contention. Throughout the defense's case in chief, the prosecution major pep peeve has been the fact that the defense's expert witnesses that have already testified are not experts in forensic psychiatry, and they are not qualified to testify to the fact that the defendant was legally insane at the time of the shooting. If what the defense wants to do is to save the life of their client, they should have hired a forensic psychiatrist to testify on their clients behalf. This witness might have some impressive credentials, but she is not a forensic psychiatrist.

Exactly!  How can she possibly be qualified to testify as to his sanity?  This just blows my mind.

It is really mind blowing.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Freckles on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:34 am

AD said:
"..... I think he was dealt a bad hand when the court assigned them to his case. Most people are bored with the defense's case in chief (in this particular trial) because it seems that the attorneys are just going through the motions. IMO, they lack passion, intensity, and determination. ..."

Exactly. Maybe I have been spoiled by some brilliance other attys have demonstrated but the def lacks passion and conviction for their client. It does appear to be rote...

BTW, IMO, the juror should have been politely dismissed.
Whereas she said she was accustomed to her back pain and has lived with it all these years, it is apparent the bailiff noticed (and reported it to the judge) and other jurors noticed it as well. Her crying and clinging to a wall when she tried to walk has to be a major distraction for the other jurors. Not to punish her but to ensure the integrity of this court proceeding, she should be thanked and sent home to put her feet up.
Freckles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylife101 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:39 am

^^^ Yep, I agree with you, Freckles, that juror 535 should have been thanked and sent home. IIRC, #535 is the other juror from the "smoking patio" that was named as possibly being present or aware of the dismissed jurors checking a cellphone for information while on break. This juror said that she was unaware of it because she just smokes her cigarette and goes back inside. She did admit to hearing someone say something about a "mistrial" but claims not to know what they were referencing. I was a little surprised that the judge kept her that time. So between the "cellphone" incident and now the back problem distraction it does seem like this would have been a good time to tell her, as you suggested, that she should go home and put her feet up and take care of her back problem.
Mylife101

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:42 am

Watch live:

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/07/watch-live-defense-nears-end-of-case-in-day-44-of-aurora-theater-shooting-trial/

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/trial_videos/james-holmes-trial-live-stream/

http://dptv.denverpost.com/2015/04/27/theater-shooting-trial/
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:43 am

KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR · 4m
WATCH LIVE: Defense nears end of case in Day 44 of Aurora #TheaterShooting trial http://link.kdvr.com/1NOzaCx

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting?src=hash
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:05 am

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 2m  
Gur: Higher functioning/more intelligent people - like Holmes pre-#theatershooting - r prone 2 most bizarre delusions due 2 mental capacity.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 2m  
Gur said those with greater intelligence seem to be more inclined to develop elaborate delusions, schizophrenia. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 5m  
Over time, Dr. Gur says, the delusions in Holmes mind took over his life. She says you can see that in his pre-#theatershooting writing.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 16m
Dr. Raquel Gur is back on the stand for the defense in #theatershooting trial. Day 44.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 am

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 5m  
Gur 2 #theatershooting defense: Most people we see in early schizophrenia stages (late teens, early 20s) are mistakenly treated 4 depression

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 5m  
Gur is saying schizophrenia commonly begins presenting itself between ages 15-25, along with depression. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 12m  
"Ma'am, we can't talk over each other," King scolds his star witness, Gur. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 12m
Dr. Gur says aside from his writing, Holmes' behavior in interview immediately post-#theatershooting shows more similarly bizarre behavior.

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla  · 19m  
Dr. Gur compares the #theatershooting gunman's writing's to Ted Kaczynski's writings - says they expressed similar levels of delusion.

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla  · 20m  
Dr. Gur says the gunman shows signs of delusional behavior and disorganized thinking in jail video right after his arrest. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 22m  
Gur says she noted JH's "bizarre behavior" in the police video. It was very childish-type behavior, she says. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 22m  
Finally, King begins asking Gur about JH. She reviewed video of JH in police HQ after #theatershooting.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 am

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 7m
Drs. Fenton and Feinstein did not want to talk to Gur. She did speak to Drs. Reid and Metzner. #theatershooting

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:57 am

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 10m  
Dr. Gur says she met with all psychologists who examined Holmes pre- & post-#theatershooting who agreed to or requested to speak with her.

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 12m  
Dr. Gur says she interviewed Holmes' parents, but not his sister & friends. She read #theatershooting interviews performed w/ them by others

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 14m  
Gur reviewed the JH emails, Google chats, school records and other pieces of evidence presented earlier in #theatershooting trial

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 15m  
Dr. Gur reviewed pre-#theatershooting correspondences between Holmes & family, friends, GF, psychologists. Also reviewed grad/undergrad work

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 18m  
"The mind is a puzzle." Here's this morning's story about Dr. Gur's first day on the witness stand in the #theatershooting trial.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 6m  
Gur says she spent 28 hours with JH. Dec. 19, 2012, Feb. 9, 2013; May 2, 2013; Nov. 18, 2013, Nov. 20, 2014; Aug. 5, 2014. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 3m
Gur says JH's symptoms improved after he began taking anti-psychotic medications, including his delusions. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 5m
Gur says it was significant that Dr. Woodcock felt JH was psychotic just days after the #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 9m  
Gur says her post-#theatershooting report on Holmes isn't as long as others but is length of typical report. Says she spent 28 hrs w/ Holmes

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 11m
Unlike Dr. Woodcock, Dr. Gur reviewed all 22-plus hours of Dr. Reid's interview with JH. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 12m
Unlike past def. experts, Gur says she reviewed all examinations on Holmes post-#theatershooting, including all of Dr Reid's 23-hr interview

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:27 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 9m  
In 1st 3-hr #theatershooting interview, Gur says Holmes' face=restricted, he had 0 hand movement & was monotonous. These=signs she looks for

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 10m  
Judge excuses #theatershooting jurors for 20-minute morning break, til about 10:30 a.m.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 13m  
Prosecution objects when King asks Gur: Is there a cure for schizophrenia? Gur can say drugs have lessened symptoms. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 15m
Dr. Gur: The psychotic state is a fluid state. The Holmes #theatershooting jury saw in Reid's 2014 interview is not the Holmes I saw in 2012

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 17m  
Gur: "People can change in remarkable ways." She has no doubt medication helped. Anxiety reduced, but delusions persisted. #theatershooting

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel  · 18m  
Dr. Gur said she spent about 28 hours with the gunman between Dec. 2012 and Aug. 2014.
‘The delusions persisted.’
#theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 20m  
JH, in early sessions, seemed to look through her, Gur said. Later, he was producing sentences, despite subdued affect. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 22m
Dr Gur: Big change between 1st post-#theatershooting interview & when Holmes was medicated. Was like pulling teeth to get him to talk at 1st

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:20 pm

I don't know what's going on with Twitter today, but tweets I read a few hours ago are gone; not sure why they keep disappearing and appear out of order.  Here's what I was able to capture:

(Read bottom up)

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 1h1 hour ago
Dr. Gur says Holmes knew #theatershooting was illegal, but a defect in his mind rendered him not capable of distinguishing right from wrong.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 13m13 minutes ago
"I can't have you speaking over each other," the judge again scolds Gur. "Right now he's asking you a yes or no question." #theatershooting

bordesa ‏@bordesa1 14m14 minutes ago
Brauchler v Gur is the verbal equivalent of herding cats. #Theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 38m38 minutes ago
#TheaterShooting DA suggests at this pace, Dr. Gur's testimony will last until tomorrow - "or next week." #Burn Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1NOzaCx

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 1h1 hour ago
#TheaterShooting DA @GeorgeBrauchler finally gets Dr. Gur to confirm that MRI is not recognized by DSM5 as diagnostic tool for schizophrenia

SphynxCatsRule ‏@SphynxCatsRule 1h1 hour ago
Dr. G: Do you want me to say yes or no. Mr. B: That would be great. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 1h1 hour ago
"All right, doctor, wait for him to finish his question," the judge scolds Gur, who is getting animated. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman
‏@larryryckman 1h1 hour ago
Brauchler is asking Gur whether she agrees with a sentence from her own paper. #theatershooting

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV 1h1 hour ago
And Brauchler comes out swinging.  #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 3h3 hours ago
Def. Atty. Dan King: If not 4 the existence of this psychotic illness, there wouldn’t have been a #theatershooting at all? Dr. Gur: Correct.

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 3h3 hours ago
"The purpose of the shooting was to increase his self worth," Gur says. #theatershooting

Gur: JH felt everyone was going to die anyway. "I'm going to put them out of their misery. Life is miserable for everyone." #theatershooting

Gur: Holmes "knew he was losing it" pre-#theatershooting. But most w/ schizophrenia r hesitant 2 accept diagnosis. That=space Holmes was in.

Nina Ainembabazi. ‏@thatgirlneenz 3h3 hours ago
She is getting out of control. Poor court reporter. #theatershooting

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel 3h3 hours ago
“He was engulfed by the thought that the only way out was to complete his mission” Dr says of #theatershooting gunman http://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live …

Gur: When someone is in psychotic state trying to accomplish mission, it must be done. Holmes called #theatershooting "mission" many times.

Gur said JH also said he was afraid of her and what she might do to him. He didn't elaborate on that fear. #theatershooting

https://twitter.com/hashtag/theatershooting?f=realtime

Last edited by CuriousPortlander on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added link)
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:23 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 20m20 minutes ago
Brauchler presses Gur to say that she did not interview the family directly until two months before jury selection. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 20m20 minutes ago
Brauchler notes that Gur did not seek to interview JH family before writing her report. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 21m21 minutes ago
Gur still feisty despite #theatershooting judge order. Says while she didn't interview parents, she had transcripts from other interviews.

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Expert witness declares theater shooter was insane at time of crime

Posted 6:21 pm, July 7, 2015, by Will C. Holden, Updated at 06:25pm, July 7, 2015

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — She rambled at times, especially when the Arapahoe County District Attorney began their cross examination late in the day. But Dr. Raquel Gur was succinct when asked her opinion on the cause of the July 20, 2012 Aurora theater shooting, which left 12 dead and 70 others injured.

“Save for the existence of a psychotic illness, it would not have happened,” the expert witness said on Tuesday, day 44 of the death penalty trial.

Declared by the court an expert witness on the topic of schizophrenia when she began testifying on Monday, Gur went on to declare on Tuesday that admitted gunman James Holmes is not only schizophrenic, but was insane at the time of the shooting.

“The severe defect in his brain made him not capable of distinguishing right from wrong,” she said.

~Snipped~

“There was nothing in his behavior to cause (his parents) alarm,” Gur testified. “But as he grew older, he felt more anxious and less comfortable around others.”

Along with meetings with other psychiatrists who examined Holmes – including Dr. William Reid, a forensic psychiatrist who declared Holmes mentally ill but sane – Gur said she also conducted an MRI of Holmes’ brain as well as an interview with his parents before issuing her final diagnosis.

Arapahoe County District Attorney George Brauchler took aim at the timing of Gur’s interview with Holmes’ parents in his cross examination.

In particular, Gur admitted she formed her first opinion on Holmes – that he has schizophrenia and was insane at the time of the shooting – after only 13 of her 28 hours with him, and before she spoke to his parents.

Read more:

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/07/expert-witness-declares-theater-shooter-was-insane-at-time-of-crime/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:14 pm

http://dptv.denverpost.com/2015/07/07/theater-shooting-trial-doctor-says-holmes-was-unable-to-distinguish-right-from-wrong/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:50 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 44 - Part 1

James Holmes Trial - Day 44 - Part 2

James Holmes Trial - Day 44 - Part 3

James Holmes Trial - Day 44 - Part 4

Published July 7, 2015  by Croaker Queen

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:07 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 4h
Dr. Gur says Holmes knew #theatershooting was illegal, but a defect in his mind rendered him not capable of distinguishing right from wrong.

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:00 am

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 15h
#TheaterShooting DA @GeorgeBrauchler finally gets Dr. Gur to confirm that MRI is not recognized by DSM5 as diagnostic tool for schizophrenia

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:10 am

Editorial

MRI in Neurosciences

Alayar Kangarlu,1 Ramin V. Parsey,1 and Eric C. Bourekas2

1Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, NewYork, NY 10032, USA
2Department of Radiology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Received 24 January 2012; Accepted 24 January 2012

Copyright © 2012 Alayar Kangarlu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.

Magnetic Resonance (MR) has empowered neuroscience with a tool to investigate the inner structure and workings of the central nervous system (CNS). Unlike many imaging techniques, MR offers multiple modalities in one package, enabling scientists access to a wide range of unknowns from microstructure to physiology of the brain. In this issue, developments in structural and functional MR imaging, spectroscopy, image processing, and applications are presented that could expand MRI’s ability in unraveling some of the mysteries of the brain. These works demonstrate that in spite of its rapid growth MRI still has much room for further development and penetration in neuroscience research.

~Snipped~

This special issue hoped to highlight “MRI in Neuroscience.” Representative research reports covering the latest advancements in magnetic resonance acquisition or image processing, applications in neuroscience research, and clinical neurological applications are presented in this issue. These and similar works are rapidly expanding the use of MRI in neuroscience and through this encouraging more investigators to use this powerful tool in their research.

Read more:

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijbi/2012/579192/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:39 am

Dr. Gur made it very clear she used the MRI as a research tool, not as a diagnostic tool.
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:45 am

Aurora theater shooting trial: Defense expert says shooter didn’t know right from wrong

Holmes knew what he was doing was illegal, she said, but he was so overcome by his psychotic “mission,” that he couldn’t stop himself

By Brandon Johansson, Staff Writer, Updated: July 8, 2015 6:44 am

AURORA | The star witness for the defense in the Aurora theater shooting trial said Tuesday that James Holmes’ schizophrenia had taken over his mind in the weeks before the shooting.

Under questioning from public defender Daniel King, Raquel Gur, a University of Pennsylvania psychiatrist who specializes in schizophrenia, said Holmes’ delusions dominated his thinking in July 2012.

“Gradually over time they did. They became the major preoccupation and force in his life,” Gur said, pointing to his writing leading up to the shooting.

Gur said Holmes’s disease was so severe he didn’t know right from wrong when he opened fire on the theater, killing 12 and wounding 70 others. Holmes knew what he was doing was illegal, she said, but he was so overcome by his psychotic “mission,” that he couldn’t stop himself.

Read more:

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/aurora-theater-shooting-trial-defense-expert-says-shooter-didnt-know-right-wrong/#.VZ0hBX6QTTI.twitter
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 am

Watch Live:

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/08/watch-live-expert-witness-back-on-stand-in-day-45-of-aurora-theater-shooting-trial/

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:17 am

Prosecutor Spars With Expert Who Said Theater Shooter Insane

CENTENNIAL, Colo. — Jul 8, 2015, 4:05 AM ET
By SADIE GURMAN Associated Press

Prosecutors are tearing into the testimony of a second defense expert who concluded the Colorado theater shooter was so mentally ill that he couldn't tell right from wrong when killed 12 people and injured 70 during a packed midnight movie premiere.

...Gur is the star witness for the defense team, and her testimony is crucial to the argument that Holmes should be found not guilty by reason of insanity and committed indefinitely to the state mental hospital. But Brauchler, who is seeking the death penalty, laced into her Tuesday, questioning the accuracy of the notes she took on her meetings with Holmes and suggesting that she came to a hasty conclusion about his mental illness and sanity.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/prosecutor-spars-expert-theater-shooter-insane-32293033
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:53 pm

(Read bottom up)

Shelley Watson ‏@shelley_watson 2h2 hours ago
Dr Gur only included things in her report that would support her diagnosis. She missed some VERY important things out. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 2h2 hours ago
@GeorgeBrauchler to Gur: In #theatershooting report,  some of Holmes remarks are in quotes. Some aren't. Are they different? Gur: Not sure.

Tho she can refer 2 #theatershooting notes Gur can't recall details DA mentions, including if she saw vid of Holmes messing w/ cell's outlet

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 2h2 hours ago
Gur can't recall whether she saw video of JH trying to dismantle an outlet plate in his jail cell. #theatershooting

Dr. Gur again says she can't remember some details from before she opined on sanity and says she can check her notes. #theatershooting

Brauchler makes point that Gur is now recalling for the first time details from her conversation with JH from 2 years ago. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 2h2 hours ago
JH stopped taking his meds in May and Gur says she discussed it with him but it's not in report #theatershooting #theatertrial

Brauchler pointing out JH denied suicidal ideation and depression #theatershooting #theatertrial

Gur: "My report does not include every word that I exchanged with Mr. Holmes." #theatershooting

BPawsICan ‏@BPawsICan 2h2 hours ago
You have got to love the "crickets" when he asked her a question. It's like she got hit w/stun gun. #theatershooting Just goes radio silent.

Gur says Dr. Woodcock didn't return her #theatershooting-related calls. @GeorgeBrauchler says "we hear he's bad at getting back to people."

Brauchler pointing out JH's changing stories about why his family had to go to therapy #theatertrial #theatershooting

Brauchler wondering why Gur didn't review Woodcock report before she opined on JH's sanity. She doesn't remember. #theatershooting

Brauchler keeps asking if she reviewed his notes and Gur can't really answer that #TheaterShooting #theatertrial

Dr Gur says she tried to talk to Woodcock but he didn't return the phone call #theatershooting #theatertrial

Now Gur slips and calls JH "Dr. Holmes." He joins Brauchler and King on the accidental doctor list. Brauchler corrects her. #theatershooting

Dr. Max Wachtel ‏@mwachtel 2h2 hours ago
Experts who get through cross successfully live by the motto, "Think like the other side hired you." #theatertrial #theatershooting

Brauchler suggests Gur got Woodcocks notes after she deemed JH insane #theatershooting #theatertrial

SphynxCatsRule ‏@SphynxCatsRule 2h2 hours ago
Mr. B.: "He's actually a board certified psychiatrist, right". LOL! #theatershooting

DA suggests that Gur saw Dr. Woodcock's notes, but only after she opined on JH's sanity. "I don't remember," Gur says. #theatershooting

Dr. Max Wachtel ‏@mwachtel 2h2 hours ago
When I conduct a forensic eval, I always focus on what could be attacked in cross. It makes the eval better. #theatershooting #theatertrial

jyddenver ‏@jyddenver 2h2 hours ago
Wow...now she hesitates to answer #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman
‏@larryryckman 2h2 hours ago
They're now discussing JH's "suicidal gesture" with the cardboard slashing of his wrist. #theatershooting

Reliea Yuell ‏@RelieaYuell 2h2 hours ago
How can the parents be concerned about the suicidal gesture if they didn't know about it? - Mr B
It's inaccurate - Dr G  #theatershooting

@GeorgeBrauchler: Much of pre-#theatershooting history in Gur's report is in quotes but not attributed (DA insinuating it came from defense)

Reliea Yuell ‏@RelieaYuell 3h3 hours ago
Dr G never made note of JH's initiated relationship with Hillary, seems like a significant oversight #theatershooting

Shelley Watson ‏@shelley_watson 3h3 hours ago
If JH was heading for psychosis why didn't all those University rejections send him over the edge? #theatershooting #theatertrial

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV 3h3 hours ago
Dr. Gur seems to have trouble remembering where she got quotes she put in report that found shooter insane.  #theatershooting

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV 3h3 hours ago
DA Brauchler challenging defense expert's report, suggesting much of it is based soley on what defense team told her.  #theatershooting

BPawsICan ‏@BPawsICan 3h3 hours ago
Funny how she selectively remembers conversations from yrs. back. #theatershooting

Ellmann & Ellmann PC ‏@ellmannpc 3h3 hours ago
@will_c_holden There's a line between "trying to be thorough in response" and being an obstructionist. She is the latter. #theatershooting

Did I hear right? #TheaterShooting DA says Holmes parents were worried he was "Nintendo-oriented" growing up. Is that a technical term?

Now Brauchler saying Gur wrote 15-page report that excluded much information, more of a clinical report than forensic. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 3h3 hours ago
Dr Gur states the info she didn't include she reviewed and it would be presented in court anyway #theatershooting #theatertrial

Brauchler says "It was too much effort to add this to your report?" Gur says no but it's too much info to add #theatershooting #theatertrial

JH's parents make him look for a job...Dr Gur has left out all this info in her report #theatershooting #theatertrial

Brauchler making point that JH applied to 8 graduate schools and was rejected by all. He sat at home playing video games. #theatershooting

Concern about JH was he's non verbal, poor socialization, introverted behaviors & Nintendo obsessed at age 8 #theatershooting

Brauchler reads from report that determined that JH as a child had "oppositional defiant disorder." #theatershooting

Despite #theatershooting judge's instruction yesterday, Dr Gur again "having issues answering w/ 1 word" today. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1LWk1Rq

Brauchler is reading from report from JH's childhood. Parents expressed concern that he was "Nintendo-oriented." #theatershooting

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla 3h3 hours ago
Dr. Gur: "It's hard for me to answer with one word."
Brauchler: "Maybe the one word answer is 'No.'"
#theatershooting http://bit.ly/7NEWStheatertrial …

Sandy ‏@mnlady52 3h3 hours ago
Brauchler is having issues w/Dr. Grrr like Martinez had w/Dr. Samuels!  #theatershooting

JH did have difficulties talking until age 2. #theatershooting #theatertrial

Here we go again. Gur: "I know you want me to answer with one word, but it's hard." #theatershooting

Reliea Yuell ‏@RelieaYuell 3h3 hours ago
Less than 10 mins in, and Mr B already sounds exasperated with Dr G, it's gunna be a long day #theatershooting

Gur is pushing back already, as Brauchler asks why she waited so long to interview JH parents. Says she reviewed records. #theatershooting

Dr Gur got a history on JH as a child from parents  #theatershooting #theatertrial

Brauchler is resuming his cross examination of Dr. Gur. Asking why she didn't call JH parents. #theatershooting

Gur back. #TheaterShooting DA @GeorgeBrauchler jumps back into why she waited 2 yrs to speak to Holmes' parents. Live http://link.kdvr.com/1LWk1Rq

7NEWS Denver Channel ‏@DenverChannel 3h3 hours ago
#TheaterShooting trial now underway after a late start.
Cross-examination of Dr. Gur continues.

Dr. Gur is on the stand as jurors take their seats. Brauchler will resume cross examination. #theatershooting

Judge needed more time to make a ruling on a video. He's not letting video in #theatershooting #theatertrial

Video shows defense investigators interviewing JH at Denver Health. Judge will bar the video. #theatershooting

#TheaterShooting trial delayed this AM because judge needed more time. Now rules Nov 2012 video of Holmes in Denver Health won't be admitted

Samour: "I am sorry for the delay. I needed more time to rule (on a video recording)." #theatershooting

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:18 pm

(Read bottom up)

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago
Lunch! Be back at 1:30pmMST #theatershooting #theatertrial

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 47m47 minutes ago
Ouch! Brauchler just shook Dr Gur's credibility big time. He's asks where else she took editorial liberties in her notes #theatershooting ⚡️

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 48m48 minutes ago
Dr Gur says she doesn't have ?'s and answers in her notes. Brauchler says the notes aren't accurate #theatershooting #theatertrial

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 49m49 minutes ago
Judge calls lunch break for #theatershooting jurors. 90-minute break

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 49m49 minutes ago
Brauchler asks Gur whether there are other places in her report where she takes such "editorial liberty" with JH quotes. #theatershooting

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden 50m50 minutes ago
Gur sums up her issue w/ #TheaterShooting DA cross before lunch: Maybe I didn't use right punctuation but my report conveys what Holmes said

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 50m50 minutes ago
Brauchler hammering Gur for putting two JH statements together as one quote, without elipses. #theatershooting

Ellmann & Ellmann PC ‏@ellmannpc 50m50 minutes ago
@will_c_holden Summary of Gur's testimony: "My report is not accurate, but my testimony conveys what I was paid to convey" #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 51m51 minutes ago
Brauchler: "Doctor, it's fair to say you created that quote, yes?" Gur: Yes. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 52m52 minutes ago
JH said getting killed was an option but he protected himself and said he would be captured #theatershooting #theatertrial

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman 59m59 minutes ago
Gur mostly looks at jurors, not Brauchler, while she answers questions. #theatershooting

Sherry Ⓥ ‏@BTLover2 60m60 minutes ago
Poor @GeorgeBrauchler. He looks like he's going to implode. I would too! #theatershooting

Shelley Watson ‏@shelley_watson 1h1 hour ago
How convenient that JH has a hallucination right in front of the doctor.  #theatershooting #theatertrial

SphynxCatsRule ‏@SphynxCatsRule 1h1 hour ago
Talk about pulling teeth. #theatershooting I had no clue @GeorgeBrauchler was a dentist.

Sandy ‏@mnlady52 1h1 hour ago
Dr. Grrrrrr is going down in flames!!!!!  #theatershooting

Brauchler says she wrote her report about six months later and included details not in her notes taken at the time. #theatershooting

Brauchler again hammering Gur for not noting whether she questioned JH about the visual hallucination. #theatershooting

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 1h1 hour ago
Dr Gur PROBED! #theatershooting #theatertrial
CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:04 pm

Parents of Aurora theater gunman swing between grief and alienation

Parents of Aurora theater shooting gunman keep a daily vigil in court

By John Ingold
The Denver Post

Posted: 07/08/2015 02:22:38 PM MDT
Updated: 07/08/2015 06:33:56 PM MDT

Robert and Arlene Holmes, parents of Aurora theater shooting suspect James Holmes, walk from the courtroom at the Arapahoe County Justice Center for a hearing in the Aurora theater shooting case, July 22, 2014. (RJ Sangosti, Denver Post file)

CENTENNIAL — 3:00 a.m. in Bed

Holding hands with Bob, staring at the ceiling together.

It's dark.

"You are a good person."

"So are you."

"Do you believe it?"

"Do you?"

"Yes."

How could this have happened?

— From Arlene Holmes' journal, June 14, 2013.

The e-mail arrived in David Kaczynski's inbox a year ago without warning, but the brother of the Unabomber knew exactly what it meant.

James Holmes' parents needed to talk to someone like him.

"They said they were just terribly struggling with all that they were going through and just wanted to reach out to someone who had been in the same situation," Kaczynski said.

Over an hour and a half on the telephone, Kaczynski said he listened as Robert and Arlene Holmes spoke of their heartache, their confusion, their isolation. They asked him about how he coped with the knowledge that his brother is a mass killer. They shared a common lament about the inscrutability of mental illness.

"It seems almost inconceivable that this kind of violence would emerge from one of us," Kaczynski said.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/theater-shooting-trial/ci_28453612/family-aurora-theater-gunman-swing-between-grief-and
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 pm

James Holmes Trial - Day 45 - Part 1

Published on Jul 8, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 45 - Part 2

Published on Jul 8, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 45 - Part 3

Published on Jul 8, 2015

James Holmes Trial - Day 45 - Part 4

Published on Jul 8, 2015

Source: Croaker Queen - YouTube
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 3h
Brauchler will continue questioning Gur on Thursday morning. Judge: Closing arguments now seem unlikely Monday. #theatershooting

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:44 pm

DA Brauchler challenges star witness for Aurora theater gunman

Day 45 of the Aurora theater shooting trial

By Jordan Steffen and Matthew Nussbaum
The Denver Post

Posted:   07/08/2015 01:37:13 PM MDT | Updated:   83 min.

CENTENNIAL — The Aurora theater gunman told her things he did not tell anyone else. He acted in ways none of the dozens of other medical professionals saw him act, she said.

Dr. Raquel Gur, however, did not take detailed notes about her interactions with James Holmes and documented them in a sparse, 15-page report. Those choices fueled Arapahoe County District Attorney George Brauchler's attempt to dismantle the credibility of the defense's key witness word-by-word.

In a continuation of the tussle that began on Tuesday, Brauchler and Gur spent seven hours on Wednesday exchanging combative characterizations of Gur's report. The report Gur wrote in June 2013 found that Holmes is schizophrenic and did not have the capacity to tell right from wrong when he killed 12 people on July 20, 2012.

Read more:

http://www.denverpost.com/theater-shooting-trial/ci_28453463/da-brauchler-challenges-star-witness-aurora-theater-shooting
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Live Blog: The Aurora Theater Shooting Trial

Day 45

Day 45 of the Aurora trial featured more testimony from Dr. Raquel Gur, a schizophrenia expert, who testified Tuesday that James Holmes was psychotic and legally insane when he killed 12 people in a movie theater on July 20, 2012. District Attorney George Brauchler will continue his cross examination of Gur on Wednesday, after the two had a feisty exchange Tuesday.

Gur repeatedly declined to give yes or no answers, leaving Brauchler visibly exasperated. Judge Carlos Samour Jr. at one point interjected to tell Gur not to interrupt Brauchler.

Gur's testimony is vital for the defense's plea of not guilty by reason of insanity. If found guilty, Holmes could face the death penalty.

5:17 p.m.

Samour overruled the objection and Brauchler carried on with his questioning of Gur.

"You believe that the defendant had ... the capacity to knowingly engage in conduct that created a grave risk of death to a person other than himself?"

"I don't think so," Gur said.

He knew that killing people was against the law? Brauchler noted.

"Correct," Gur said.

Holmes texted Hillary Allen on July 8 to tell her to stay away from him because he "didn't want to hurt her," Brauchler said.

"Yes," Gur said.

Brauchler ran through Holmes' knowledge of consequences, planning strategies and surrender to police.

"That he attempted to divert emergency response teams and police to his apartment so that he could continue to kill people in the theater," Brauchler said.

"Yes," Gur said.

Brauchler then ticked off the lengths to which Holmes went to set up explosives in his apartment, including the manufacture of different chemicals.

"He told Dr. Reid that killing people is considered evil by everyone," Brauchler said. "Mr. Holmes said, 'If the other person doesn't want to die that is evil if you're going against somebody's wishes.'"

Brauchler further noted that Holmes told Dr. Reid the people in the movie theater did not want to die.

Samour asked Brauchler how much more time he would need to cross examine Gur.

"A few days," Brauchler joked. "That's not even funny anymore."

Brauchler guessed he would need 20 more minutes.

Samour dismissed the jury for the day.

Samour then discussed how much more time both sides need. Closing arguments will likely be on Tuesday.

Read more:

http://live.denverpost.com/Event/LIVE_BLOG_The_Aurora_Theater_Shooting_Trial
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Was there a forensic expert who testified for the prosecution about the authenticity of "The Notebook"?

Who did the fingerprints comparison? Did a lab examine "The Notebook" for traces of DNA that could had been compared to Holmes' DNA? Who did the handwriting analysis?

I don't believe that I have read/heard testimony involving forensic evidence about "The Notebook".

I've read an article when the existence of "The Notebook" was discovered where it was stated that all of the above mentioned tests were going to be done in order to find out if Holmes was in fact the author.  

I'm curious to know ...?
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:35 pm

Alessandra_Deux wrote:Live Blog: The Aurora Theater Shooting Trial

Day 45

Day 45 of the Aurora trial featured more testimony from Dr. Raquel Gur, a schizophrenia expert, who testified Tuesday that James Holmes was psychotic and legally insane when he killed 12 people in a movie theater on July 20, 2012. District Attorney George Brauchler will continue his cross examination of Gur on Wednesday, after the two had a feisty exchange Tuesday.

Gur repeatedly declined to give yes or no answers, leaving Brauchler visibly exasperated. Judge Carlos Samour Jr. at one point interjected to tell Gur not to interrupt Brauchler.

Gur's testimony is vital for the defense's plea of not guilty by reason of insanity. If found guilty, Holmes could face the death penalty.

5:17 p.m.

Samour overruled the objection and Brauchler carried on with his questioning of Gur.

"You believe that the defendant had ... the capacity to knowingly engage in conduct that created a grave risk of death to a person other than himself?"

"I don't think so," Gur said.

He knew that killing people was against the law? Brauchler noted.

"Correct," Gur said.

Holmes texted Hillary Allen on July 8 to tell her to stay away from him because he "didn't want to hurt her," Brauchler said.

"Yes," Gur said.

Brauchler ran through Holmes' knowledge of consequences, planning strategies and surrender to police.

"That he attempted to divert emergency response teams and police to his apartment so that he could continue to kill people in the theater," Brauchler said.

"Yes," Gur said.

Brauchler then ticked off the lengths to which Holmes went to set up explosives in his apartment, including the manufacture of different chemicals.

"He told Dr. Reid that killing people is considered evil by everyone," Brauchler said. "Mr. Holmes said, 'If the other person doesn't want to die that is evil if you're going against somebody's wishes.'"

Brauchler further noted that Holmes told Dr. Reid the people in the movie theater did not want to die.

Samour asked Brauchler how much more time he would need to cross examine Gur.

"A few days," Brauchler joked. "That's not even funny anymore."

Brauchler guessed he would need 20 more minutes.

Samour dismissed the jury for the day.

Samour then discussed how much more time both sides need. Closing arguments will likely be on Tuesday.

Read more:

http://live.denverpost.com/Event/LIVE_BLOG_The_Aurora_Theater_Shooting_Trial

Great find, Alessandra!  This contained all the comments I was looking for that weren't on Twitter.

Thanks!

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:41 pm

^^^You are welcome!
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:10 am

Isn't it extremely interesting that one of Holmes friends, Ben Garcia, another  CU neuroscience student, had also dyed his hair red around the time of the theater shooting?

"Back in September of 2012 CBS4 first reported that three mental health professionals at the University of Colorado had dealt with Holmes. The second of the three, Dr. Robert Feinstein, took the stand, but before he testified a friend of the defendant’s was heard from.

Holmes’ circle of friends was pretty small. Among them was fellow CU neuroscience student Ben Garcia. It so happened Garcia also dyed his hair.

“During this period of time did you change your hair color?” District Attorney George Brauchler asked Garcia.

“I changed it to red,” Garcia replied.

“When did you do that?” Brauchler asked.

“Sometime in spring,” he said.

Garcia testified he was concerned Holmes seemed hostile and angry about the world after he broke up with his girlfriend.

The above information is from the following article:

Another Of Holmes’ CU Psychiatrists Takes The Stand: ‘He Hated Humanity’

June 17, 2015 9:36 PM

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/06/17/another-of-holmes-cu-psychiatrists-takes-the-stand-he-hated-humanity/
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:38 am

Prosecution questions why schizophrenia expert didn't record interviews, take more notes

Dr. Gur believes theater gunman is legally insane

By: Anica Padilla

Posted: 5:01 PM, Jul 8, 2015
Updated: 6:14 PM, Jul 8, 2015

CENTENNIAL, Colo. - There were some tense exchanges during cross-examination of the defense team’s star witness in the Aurora movie theater shooting trial on Wednesday.

District Attorney George Brauchler questioned Dr. Raquel Gur about the completeness of the first report she submitted in June 2013, nearly a year after James Holmes killed 12 people and injured 70 others at the Century 16 Theater.

Gur met with the admitted gunman for a total of about 13 hours before opining that he has schizophrenia.

Brauchler repeatedly asked Gur about the information and documents she did not review before declaring him a schizophrenic -– including the results of Dr. Jonathan Woodcock’s interview with the gunman.

Woodcock interviewed the gunman four days after the shooting and also testified that he believes Holmes was insane.

~Snipped~

"You don't have any notes or any documentation anywhere -- before you opine that the defendant is schizophrenic/insane -- about a single thing that Dr. Jonathan Woodcock did or got from the defendant? Is that fair?" Brauchler asked.

"I knew Dr. Woodcock interviewed the defendant for about three hours and thought that he was psychotic. Mentally ill and psychotic. But I do not remember when I did get his notes," Gur said.

~Snipped~

"It's not documented anywhere in your report, right?" Brauchler continued.

"In the background information, it does say that I've reviewed medical, psychiatric and other institutional records, as well as a significant portion of the discovery material," Gur responded.

Gur repeatedly stated that her 2013 report was specifically focused on her direct interviews with the gunman. She said she reviewed 100,000 pages of additional documentation, as well as the 22-hour interview with Dr. William Reid before submitting her full report in 2015. Reid is the state-appointed psychiatrist who performed Holmes' second sanity evaluation at the state mental hospital in Pueblo.

Read more:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/movie-theater-shooting/prosecution-questions-why-schizophrenia-expert-didnt-record-interviews-take-more-notes
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:18 am

Aurora theater shooting trial: DA and defense expert butt heads

Gur said that while Holmes knew what he was doing was illegal, he didn’t believe it was wrong and believed the people he killed wanted to die.

By Brandon Johansson, Staff Writer, Updated: July 8, 2015 5:10 pm

AURORA | District Attorney George Brauchler hammered the defense’s star witness — psychiatrist and schizophrenia expert Raquel Gur — during cross examination Wednesday in the Aurora theater shooting trial of James Holmes.

~Snipped~

Also Wednesday, Judge Samour sided with prosecutors and barred the defense from showing a video of Holmes at Denver health Medical Center in November 2012.

The video, which was recorded during a hospital stay following an apparent mental break down by Holmes, shows Holmes talking to investigators from his lawyers’ office about nightmares and hallucinations he had the night before. Samour said the video was only referred to by one expert — Gur — so it wasn’t particularly important in terms of expert testimony.

Plus, Samour said, the video is incomplete and was recorded by the defense so he has no way of knowing if there was other recording that has been edited out.

Read more:

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/news/aurora-theater-shooting-trial-da-defense-expert-butt-heads/#.VZ5xLMGlwAw.twitter
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by CuriousPortlander on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:42 am

Watch live:

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/09/watch-live-defense-expert-to-wrap-up-testimony-in-day-46-of-aurora-theater-shooting-trial/

CuriousPortlander
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:06 am

Rob McCallum  
@rwmccallum  

PIO: Colorado Judicial. Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, District & County Court, SCAO (HQ).

courts.state.co.us

---------------------

Rob McCallum ‏@rwmccallum  · 4m
Judge Samour will take the bench at about 8:45 am #theatershooting

https://twitter.com/rwmccallum
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:09 am

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 4m
This was video shot by defense investigators. JH was "hiding from shadows." #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 5m
Defense attorney Rebekka Higgs is urging Samour to reconsider his ruling on the Denver Health video from Nov. 2012. #theatershooting

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 am

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 4m  
@Pauly040 To be fair, video in question was shot 4 months after #theatershooting. If he was on narcotics, they'd have been out of his system

Julie Hayden ‏@HaydenTV  · 8m  
Judge not admitting defense video where shooter talks about "shadows".

Cites "concerns about trustworthiness"
#theatershooting

Anica Padilla ‏@AnicaPadilla  · 10m  
Judge Samour: "If the defendant wants to present [that evidence], he can - by getting on the witness stand."
#theatershooting #theatertrial

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden · 14m
Since Holmes described alleged shadows in video only 2 #theatershooting def. investigators, judges says reliability/credibility is in doubt.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aurora-shooting-trial-10-things-22-hours-james/story?id=31540740
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 am

^^^

Aurora Shooting Trial: 10 New Things From 22 Hours of James Holmes Psychiatric Evaluation Interviews

Jun 5, 2015, 1:04 AM ET

By CAROL McKinley via WORLD NEWS

Aurora Shooting Trial: 10 New Things From 22 Hours of James Holmes Psychiatric Evaluation Interviews

~Snipped~

7. He Saw Shadows and Axes

The killer says he was seeing shadows – he sometimes called them "flickers" out of the corner of his eye. He said the images were fighting each other with axes and guns. Holmes also said he heard voices, which is serious symptom of schizophrenia. But the voices, Reid explains, were not telling him what to do. In the interviews, the defendant said the voices were talking about him from another room. When he was a child, the shooter says he was afraid of "Nail Ghosts," which would come out of the wall in his bedroom at night.

Read more:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aurora-shooting-trial-10-things-22-hours-james/story?id=31540740
Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 49m 
Gur insists Holmes was on "autopilot" & trying 2 wound, not kill. DA brings up many steps Holmes took 2 increase #theatershooting efficiency

Will C. Holden ‏@will_c_holden  · 52m  
Dr. Gur insists during cross Holmes didn't tell her "hatred" was motivating factor behind #theatershooting. Live: http://link.kdvr.com/1HhTPfZ

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 56m 
Gur: "Anger or hatred toward people did not motivate him." He was trying to increase his self-worth. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 59m  
JH did not tell Gur that it was wrong to kill children. #theatershooting

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman  · 1h  
Gur: "He took steps to accomplish his mission to the best of his ability." They're discussing JH body armor, parking. #theatershooting

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra_Deux on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Larry Ryckman ‏@larryryckman · 7m
Media row likely to get more crowded next week with closing arguments in #theatershooting trial

Alessandra_Deux

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top