One Woman's Crusade to Find Hasanni

View previous topic View next topic Go down

One Woman's Crusade to Find Hasanni

Post by Justice4all on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 pm

A San Leandro business owner is taking matters into her own hands in the attempt to find Hasanni Campbell, the 5-year-old Fremont boy who disappeared more than two weeks ago.
And while she won't say it, she is one of the very few is not only people who are still actively keeping this missing child's case alive.
Sherri Miller, owner of the All in One Stop, made t-shirts with Hasanni's face on them and handed them out to the boy's family members. Miller doesn't have any children of her own, but came into the world of missing children when she donated two dozen t-shirts from her shop to help Tracy police find Sandra Cantu earlier this year.
Oakland police have stopped giving interviews regarding the Hasanni disappearance, other than to say that they have no more searches planned and have followed up on the very few tips they've received.

Read more: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/One-Womans-Crusade-to-Find-Hasanni-54861897.html

This case is getting very little media coverage so kudos to Sherri Miller for taking matters into her own hands.
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Re: One Woman's Crusade to Find Hasanni

Post by Snaz on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:56 pm

God bless you, Sherri Miller.......

Updated 1/22/11
Snaz

Mood : Whistling

Back to top Go down

Post by Booklover on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:37 am

Justice4all wrote:A San Leandro business owner is taking matters into her own hands in the attempt to find Hasanni Campbell, the 5-year-old Fremont boy who disappeared more than two weeks ago.
And while she won't say it, she is one of the very few is not only people who are still actively keeping this missing child's case alive.
Sherri Miller, owner of the All in One Stop, made t-shirts with Hasanni's face on them and handed them out to the boy's family members. Miller doesn't have any children of her own, but came into the world of missing children when she donated two dozen t-shirts from her shop to help Tracy police find Sandra Cantu earlier this year.
Oakland police have stopped giving interviews regarding the Hasanni disappearance, other than to say that they have no more searches planned and have followed up on the very few tips they've received.

Read more: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/One-Womans-Crusade-to-Find-Hasanni-54861897.html

This case is getting very little media coverage so kudos to Sherri Miller for taking matters into her own hands.
Hi, J4A! hug I heard on the Nancy Grace Show that little Hasanni's foster father & foster mother have been arrested on suspicion of murder. I'm afraid this story is going to have a very sad ending. Sad Crying or Very sad
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Foster Father Describes Jail Experience As 'Hell'
DUBLIN, Calif. -- The foster father of missing Fremont five-year-old Hasanni Campbell told KTVU his four days in police custody were “hell” after being released from jail Tuesday evening.

Louis Ross looked worn out when he walked out of Santa Rita Jail in Dublin at around 7 p.m., arm-in-arm with his fiance Jennifer Campbell.

Ross was released after the Alameda County District Attorney decided there was not enough evidence to prosecute him. Ross was arrested last Friday on suspicion of murdering his five-year-old foster son.

Ross described his four days in jail as "hell."

He said investigators tried to deceive him on Friday afternoon, shortly after they arrested his fiance at the Union City BART station without Ross's knowledge. Ross said the police started texting him messages posing as Jennifer.

"Her text messages didn't make sense," said Ross. "I find out she wasn't texting me. They had her in custody. They [police] had her cell phone ... basically coercing me to come out come get her at the BART."

Ross said police then ordered him to come out of his Fremont home. He said when he came out, "about four or five police officers with automatic weapons pointed at me. [They said] 'Walk back up...kneel down'."

When asked what was going through his mind Ross answered, "No sudden movement. I didn't want to be on the next six o'clock news as the next casualty."

During the police interrogation, Ross says he waived his right to remain silent and answered questions from the investigators.

"I told the same story I told the previous detective." he said. "They got the same story; they were not happy with the story they got. They wanted something else."

Oakland police said there is no evidence five-year-old Hasanni was ever at the back lot of a Rockridge shoe store as reported by Ross three weeks ago when he claims the boy disappeared.

On Tuesday, investigators released surveillance video from a Fremont Wal-Mart that shows Hasanni and his family on Thursday, August 6th. In the video, Ross is seen sharing a tender moment with the boy.

The video was taken four days before Ross reported Hasanni missing. Police said the August 6th video tape is the last time Hasanni was seen by anyone other than his foster parents.

Both Ross and Campbell said they told police about the family's trip to Wal-Mart.

At an afternoon news conference, Acting Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan left little doubt that the couple remained at the center of the investigation.

"This case is an ongoing investigation; we will continue to follow up on leads,” he said. “We strongly believe and know for a fact that Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland on August 10th...We are continuing putting our efforts into solving this case and potentially re-arresting Mr. Louis Ross or Jennifer Campbell at some point. We respect the DA's opinion, but we have more work to do here."

Chief Jordan said investigators do not believe Hasanni is alive.

Jordan didn't offer any evidence to back up his assertion and left the brief news conference at police headquarters without taking any questions.

Tuesday evening, the couple said they will take life one day at a time and continue to look for Hasanni.

"I know I'm innocent," said Campbell. "I know Louis is innocent."

Campbell said as Ross was waiting to be released, her family suffered another blow. A family court formally took away custody of Hasanni's 19-month-old sister, Aliyah.
http://www.foxreno.com/news/20680153/detail.html

Admin

Mood : Neener

http://www.realitychatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Oakland police release video showing last known public sighting of Hasanni Campbell.
By Kristin Bender, Sean Maher and Paul Rosynsky
Bay Area News Group
Posted: 09/01/2009 10:19:38 PM PDT
Updated: 09/01/2009 10:19:39 PM PDT

OAKLAND — Louis Ross, the foster father of a 5-year old boy who has been missing since Aug. 10 and arrested last week with his wife, was released Tuesday.

An Alameda County assistant district attorney said no charges will be filed against Ross immediately, the same decision reached Monday when wife Jennifer Campbell was also released from jail.

Also Tuesday, Oakland police released a video that they say shows the last time missing Fremont boy Hasanni Campbell was seen in public.

The video, copies of which were handed out at a news conference Monday afternoon, shows Hasanni, 5, with his foster father, Ross, pushing a shopping cart at a Walmart store in Fremont about 8 p.m. Aug. 6. Ross told police Hasanni went missing Aug. 10 from behind the Rockridge shoe store where the boy's foster mother works.

Acting Police Chief Howard Jordan called prosecutors' decision not to press charges against Ross "unfortunate." Investigators have said the boy's disappearance is now being investigated as a homicide.

"We know for a fact Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland that day," Jordan said.

Jordan said the investigation is continuing and that Ross, 38, and Campbell, 30, could be rearrested.

Campbell, while awaiting Ross' release from Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on Tuesday, said that after her neighbors told police they hadn't seen Hasanni for three weeks before his reported disappearance, she produced a receipt showing that the family had gone shopping at a Walmart in Fremont on Aug. 6.

Campbell said police have told her they have evidence that the couple is implicated in this crime but that they will not say what it is.

"I don't know what type of evidence they plan to come up with," she said. "I know I am innocent, and I know Louis is innocent."

Campbell said she last saw Hasanni around 7 a.m. Aug. 10 while the boy was still sleeping. She said she kissed him goodbye and went to work. "It's been a living nightmare ever since," she said.

When she returned to her house after being released from jail Monday, she said, every single room was a mess from a police search Friday after the couple's arrest. A couch was flipped over, things were pulled out of dressers and cupboards, Hasanni's clothing was pulled out of the closet and some of her paperwork was missing. "Everything is everywhere," she said. "They went through every single room."

Investigators said Tuesday they have no substantial open leads and will not be conducting any more searches for Hasanni unless they receive new information, said officer Jeff Thomason, a department spokesman.

"We believe we have a case, and there is a lot of information we can't make public while the investigation is open," Thomason said. "But the video we're releasing is big. This is the last time anyone other than our two suspects confirmed Hasanni was alive."

Civil rights attorney John Burris, who has been counseling Campbell and Ross, said he has lined up criminal lawyers to defend the foster parents should charges be filed in the future.

Assistant District Attorney Tom Rogers said his office had "insufficient evidence" to charge Ross with killing Hasanni.

The 1-year-old girl was taken into protective custody after Hasanni's disappearance. Campbell went to court Tuesday and learned that her parental rights are being severed and that the girl will be put up for adoption. "I basically will never see her again," she said.

There will be a search Saturday at Fremont's Lake Elizabeth at 40000 Paseo Padre Parkway. Volunteers may meet at the main entrance at 9 a.m.

Experienced divers are needed to help out. For more information, e-mail findhasanni@gmail.com or call 510-276-9090.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Hasanni's whereabouts. Anyone with information may call Crime Stoppers at 510-777-8572 or 510-777-3211 or Sgt. Gus Galindo at 510-238-7934.
http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_13250616

Louis Ross calls police investigation 'irrelevant' after release from jail

Louis Ross, foster father of Hasanni Campbell, described jail as "hell" and refused to answer questions about the police investigation into the boy's disappearance after he was released from jail tonight.

Ross was released from Santa Rita Jail in Dublin at 6:30 p.m. wearing black sweatpants, a white hat and white long-sleeve shirt. He was unshaven and visibly angry. Asked what it was like in jail, he said: "One word: hell."

He said he and fiancee Jennifer Campbell, the boy's foster mother and aunt, would continue looking for the boy, who Ross reported missing Aug. 10.

"As long as I have got breath in my body, we will search for Hasanni," he said.

The couple were arrested Friday. Ross was released today and Campbell on Monday because of "insufficient evidence," Assistant District Attorney Tom Rogers said.

Hasanni's 1-year-old sister was taken into protective custody after the boy's disappearance. Campbell went to court today and learned that her parental rights are being severed and that the girl will be put up for adoption. "I basically will never see her again," Campbell said tonight while awaiting Ross' release from jail.

Ross, who was arrested at the family's Fremont home, said he was told to step out of the house, identify what he was wearing and put his hands up. He waived his rights and talked to police for a little while Friday afternoon and then asked to speak to attorney John Burris, who has been counseling Ross, 38, and Campbell, 30.

"I told the same story I told to the detectives," Ross said tonight. "They got the same story, but they weren't happy with that story. They wanted something else."

Several times while speaking to the media after his release, he called the police investigation "irrelevant."

"We are going to do what we need to do as parents," he said. "We don't care what (the police) do."

Oakland police today released a video that they say shows the last time Hasanni, 5, was seen in public.

The video shows the boy with his sister and foster parents at a Fremont Wal-Mart around 8 p.m. Aug. 6. Ross told police Hasanni went missing Aug. 10 from behind the Rockridge shoe store where Campbell works.

Acting police Chief Howard Jordan said the Alameda County district attorney's decision not to press charges against Ross was "unfortunate."

"We know for a fact Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland that day," Jordan said. Jordan said the investigation is continuing and that Ross and Campbell could be rearrested.

Campbell said tonight that after her neighbors told police that they hadn't seen Hasanni for three weeks before his reported disappearance, she produced a receipt showing that the family had gone shopping at the Wal-Mart on Aug. 6.

Campbell said police have told her that they have evidence that the couple is implicated in this crime but that they will not say what it is.

"I don't know what type of evidence they plan to come up with," she said. "I know I am innocent, and I know Louis is innocent."

Campbell said she last saw Hasanni around 7 a.m. Aug. 10 while the boy was still sleeping. She said she kissed him goodbye and went to work. "It's been a living a nightmare ever since," she said.

She said that when she returned to her house Monday after being released from jail, every room was a mess from a police search conducted Friday after the couple's arrest. A couch was flipped over, things were pulled out of dressers and cupboards, Hasanni's clothing was out of the closet and some of her paperwork was missing. "Everything is everywhere," she said. "They went through every single room."

Investigators, who are treating the case as a homicide, said today they have no substantial open leads and will not be conducting any more searches for Hasanni unless they receive new information.

"We believe we have a case, and there is a lot of information we can't make public while the investigation is open," said Oakland police spokesman Officer Jeff Thomason. "But the video we're releasing is big. This is the last time anyone other than our two suspects confirmed Hasanni was alive."

Thomason said the Oakland police investigation has not included searches in Monterey, where Ross lived until about nine months ago according to a former housemate.

"There are probably only two people who know where Hasanni is, and those are our suspects," Thomason said.

Burris said he has lined up criminal lawyers to defend the foster parents should charges be filed in the future.

There will be a search Saturday at Fremont's Lake Elizabeth at 40000 Paseo Padre Parkway. Volunteers may meet at the main entrance at 9 a.m. Experienced divers are needed to help out. For more information, e-mail findhasanni@gmail.com or call 510-276-9090.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Hasanni's whereabouts. Anyone with information may call Crime Stoppers at 510-777-8572 or 510-777-3211 or Sgt. Gus Galindo at 510-238-7934.

Focus still on couple in disabled boy case
September 02, 2009, 09:47 PM By Jason Dearen

OAKLAND — Detectives continued to focus their investigation on the foster parents of a missing 5-year-old disabled boy despite prosecutors announcing there was not enough evidence to charge them with murder, police said.

Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan said Tuesday that investigators know Hasanni Campbell was not in Oakland on Aug. 10. That’s the day Hasanni’s foster father, Louis Ross, told authorities the boy disappeared after being left alone briefly outside an Oakland shoe store.

“We strongly believe and know for a fact that Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland on August 10 to College Avenue at 4:15 as was previously reported,” Jordan said.

The boy, who is diagnosed with cerebral palsy, has not been found despite weeks of searching by police and volunteers.

Jordan made the comments after prosecutors decided on Tuesday that no charges would be filed against Ross, 38. The decision came a day after his fiance, Jennifer Campbell, 33, was released from county jail without charges being filed. She is the foster mother of the boy, who also is her biological nephew.

Both Ross and Campbell were arrested by Oakland police on Friday — Ross on suspicion of murder and Campbell on suspicion of being an accessory to murder — and held over the weekend.

Campbell and Ross cared for the boy and his 1-year-old sister at their home in Fremont. The sister is now in protective custody.

“We are continuing to put our efforts into solving this case and potentially re-arresting Mr. Louis Ross or Jennifer Campbell at some point,” Jordan said. “We respect the DA’s opinion but we have some more work to do here.”

On Tuesday, police also released surveillance footage from a Wal-Mart store in Fremont recorded on Aug. 6 that they say it is the last known sighting of the boy.

In photographs, the boy is seen wearing jeans, a black jacket, black shoes and a red and blue cap. Hasanni and his sister were captured in the pictures shopping with Ross and Campbell.

Ross will be released from jail later Tuesday and help with the search for the boy, his attorney John Burris said.

On Monday night, Campbell, who is six months pregnant, attended a vigil at United Presbyterian Church and said neither she nor Ross would ever harm the boy.

“All I know is it was one of the most difficult times of my entire life, and I haven’t lost focus and I’m still focused on finding Hasanni,” she said. “We had nothing to do with it.”

The couple has cooperated fully with police in their investigation, Burris said.

“There was never sufficient evidence against either of them,” he said.

A police search warrant affidavit indicated Ross sent an expletive-filled text message to Campbell 10 days before the boy went missing, threatening to leave him alone on a train station platform.

Sherri-Lyn Miller, a volunteer whose company has created T-shirts and fliers during the search, said the focus should be on locating Hasanni, not on Ross and Campbell.

“We’re not going to treat him as a homicide victim like the police because we don’t know that yet,” Miller said. “It’s time to bring this baby home.”
http://www.smdailyjournal.com/article_preview.php?id=115850

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Hasanni's foster parents say they're innocent
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 2, 2009

(09-02) 08:38 PDT DUBLIN -- The foster parents of Hasanni Campbell proclaimed their innocence outside jail, saying they had nothing to do with the 5-year-old Fremont boy's disappearance and attacking the tactics of police investigators who believe their son is dead and suspect them of being involved in his killing.

Louis Ross, 38, was released from Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on Tuesday evening after Alameda County prosecutors declined to file a murder charge against him. A day earlier, Ross' fiancee, Jennifer Campbell, 33, was released from the jail, where she had been held on suspicion of being an accessory to murder.

Campbell, who is pregnant with Ross' child, returned to the jail Tuesday to accompany Ross as he was released. With them was John Burris, an Oakland attorney who has been giving the Fremont couple legal advice.

Ross told police that he last saw Hasanni on Aug. 10 outside a shoe store on Oakland's College Avenue where Campbell, the boy's aunt, works. He said he believes someone kidnapped the boy, who has cerebral palsy.

But acting Police Chief Howard Jordan said at a news conference Tuesday, "We know for a fact that Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland on Aug. 10 to College Avenue."

Outside jail on Tuesday evening, Ross told reporters that he was angry at the couple's treatment by police and called the investigation "irrelevant."

"I trusted their work, but they've shown through their actions their work cannot be trusted," Ross said. "They've shown through their actions they have an agenda."

Ross said he had repeated his account to investigators of what he did before Hasanni disappeared. "They got the same story, but they were not happy with the story that they got," he said. "They wanted something else."

Campbell agreed, saying, "There's nothing to arrest us for. I don't know what type of evidence they plan to come up with or what they plan to do, and I'll leave their investigation alone. I know I'm innocent, and I know Louis is innocent."

At the police news conference, officials released a DVD and photos showing Hasanni, his 1-year-old sister, Ross and Campbell shopping at a Walmart in Fremont on Aug. 6. The images were taken from store surveillance cameras.

Officer Jeff Thomason, a police spokesman, said the Walmart trip is "the last time that we have independent information about Hasanni Campbell being alive."

Ross and Campbell said they were the ones who gave the police the information about the shopping trip.

"I gave them a catalog of this, and I supplied them with proof," Ross said. "I said, 'As a matter of fact, here's a receipt. Check the time-date stamp. Look at the video. You'll see him there - you'll see all of us there.' "

Ross said that after police arrested Campbell at the Union City BART station Friday afternoon, officers using her cell phone sent him a text message to coax him out of his home on Roxie Terrace in Fremont. Ross said officers with "automatic weapons" ordered him outside.

"You do not destroy people, tear them down or destroy families so you can prove that you were right," Ross said.

Hasanni and his sister were placed with the couple in late 2008. The girl has been removed from their custody. The children's biological parents live separately in San Francisco. Records with San Francisco's Department of Human Services show no history of problems with the foster parents.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/02/BALM19HELP.DTL&feed=rss.crime

Hasanni Never Made it to Oakland: Police
Foster parents still suspects even though charges were dropped
By JESSICA GREENE
Updated 8:14 AM PDT, Wed, Sep 2, 2009

Oakland Acting Police Chief Howard Jordan said that the foster parents of missing 5-year-old boy Hasanni Campbell are still the main suspects in the case even though prosecutors say there's not enough evidence to charge them at this time.

In a one-minute statement to reporters, Jordan said, "We're asking for the public's help to solve this case and potentially re-arrest Mr. Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell."

Ross, 38, and Campbell, 30, who lived with Hasanni and another child, a 1-year-old girl, in Fremont, were arrested last Friday, but the Alameda County District Attorney's Office has declined to file charges against them, stating that there's insufficient evidence.

Ross told police he took Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, to the Rockridge area of Oakland to see Campbell at her workplace, a shoe store, on the night of Aug. 10. But police are disputing that story.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video.

Ross insists that someone took the boy because his physical condition prevents him from running. But police are saying that the boy was gone before.

"We know for a fact that Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland Aug. 10th as was previously reported." Oakland Poilce spokesman Jeff Thomason said.

Police on Tuesday also released a surveillance video from a Fremont Wal-Mart four days before Hasanni disappeared that they say shows the boy and his baby sister shopping with Ross and Campbell.

Officers say it's the last time they have evidence that Hasanni was alive and they say Ross is lying about when the boy disappeared.

But both parents say they've cooperated with investigators from the beginning, insisting the video proves nothing.

"I gave them receipts, cards, bank statements. I gave them times I was there." Ross said. "I gave them everything."

The couple believes they are the targets of a witch hunt.

"I don't know what type of evidence they plan to come up with or what they plan to do." Campbell said. "I will leave their investigation alone. I know I'm innocent and I know Louis is innocent."

Social services records show Ross and Campbell were very caring and attentive foster parents. Both were run through criminal background checks and child abuse instance searches and came up clean, The Chronicle's Matier and Ross report.

The couple paid close attention to Hasanni's medical needs, took him to UCSF to be fitted for special pediatric leg braces and regularly took him to Oakland's Children's Hospital for treatment, according to a social services official.

Another search for Hasanni is planned Saturday at Lake Elizabeth in Fremont. Expoerienced divers are being asked to volunteer for the search.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Hasanni-Never-Made-it-to-Oakland-Police-56718592.html

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Hasanni Search Team Finds Possible Clue

A team of volunteers looking for little Hasanni Campbell found something that caused police to turn the end of a dirt road into a crime scene Sunday.

Sherri Miller, a virtual one-woman-crusade to find Hasanni, organized the search of the Rockridge neighborhood, Lake Temescal and Lake Merritt. She told reporters someone found a gray child's sweatshirt at the end of a dirt road late Sunday afternoon.

The volunteer called police who were close to the area at the time. Police immediately put up yellow tape. There is no way to know if the find is indeed connected to the missing child's case, but Hasanni was reportedly wearing a gray sweatshirt when he disappeared.

Read more: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Hasanni-Search-Team-Finds-Possible-Clue-59183237.html
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:14 pm

oh my goodness.
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:35 pm

I'm sure we will hear more by tomorrow. I've been hoping that Hasanni is still alive, but police seem pretty suspicious that his parents did something to him.
Justice4all
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FystyAngel on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Foster dad says shirt is not missing Bay boy's
Clothing found in Oakland Hills did not belong to Hasanni Campbell
By Sean Maher and Harry Harris
Oakland Tribune

OAKLAND — A gray sweatshirt found Sunday in the Oakland Hills did not belong to missing 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell, the boy's foster father said.

"It wasn't the right brand, it wasn't the right shirt; it's not his," Louis Ross, 38, of Fremont, said in brief remarks to the media after viewing the items volunteers found Sunday afternoon on a search for the boy reported missing Aug. 10.

Ross was accompanied by his fiancee, Jennifer Campbell, 33, the boy's biological aunt. They declined to answer additional questions, and were quickly driven from the scene at the end of Chabot Road.

"It's tough on them," said attorney John Burris, who has been counseling the couple. "You want to know and you don't want to know. You don't want confirmation that he's dead. You want to hold out hope, like other families, that he's still alive."

The gray children's sweatshirt was found shortly after 50 people began searching that area Sunday, search organizer Sherri Miller said. The area is slightly more than a mile east from where Hasanni's foster father reported last seeing him.

Volunteers flagged down some police officers. In a preliminary search of the area, those officers found an adult sock and another piece of material nearby. About 30 feet away from the sweatshirt, police found some bones, but later discovered they were from a deer.

Alameda County sheriff's deputies brought out search dogs to further canvass the area, which is just north of Highway 24. The dogs did not find anything, officials said.

The area where the sweatshirt was found had not been searched before by volunteers, Miller said. Police said they had not searched there, either.

Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy and wears leg braces, was reported missing Aug. 10 by Ross, who told police he had briefly left the boy in a parking lot behind the building in the 6000 block of College Avenue, and came back to find him gone. Ross told police Hasanni was wearing a gray sweatshirt.

Acting police Chief Howard Jordan later said police knew for certain that Hasanni was never in that area that day. Ross and Campbell were arrested Aug. 31 and held on suspicion of murder.

Both Campbell and Ross were released — Campbell on Aug. 31 and Ross on Sept. 1 — after county prosecutors said there was not enough evidence to press charges.

Campbell, who is Hasanni's aunt and foster mother, did not answer any police questions after the arrest, investigators said.

When Ross and Campbell were released, police spokesman Jeff Thomason said the case had nearly dried up and there were no substantive leads left to follow. Thomason then released a video showing Hasanni with his foster parents at a Fremont Wal-Mart on Aug. 6, which is said to be the last time anyone other than Ross and Campbell could confirm seeing the boy.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Hasanni's whereabouts. Anyone with information may call Crime Stoppers at 510-777-8572 or 510-777-3211 or Sgt. Gus Galindo at 510- 238-7934.
http://www.insidebayarea.com/timesstar/localnews/ci_13329740

I wouldn't expect the "Foster Father" to admit that the shirt was the child IF he had anything to do with him being gone. I guess only time will tell. This is another very sad case.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top