Disturbing Details Emerge in Death of Census Worker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disturbing Details Emerge in Death of Census Worker

Post by Justice4all on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:49 am

BIG CREEK, Ky. (Sept. 25) - A part-time census worker found hanging in a rural Kentucky cemetery was naked, gagged and had his hands and feet bound with duct tape, said an Ohio man who discovered the body two weeks ago.
Authorities have also said the word "fed" was scrawled with a felt-tip pen across 51-year-old Bill Sparkman's chest, but they have released very few details about the case and said investigators have not determined if it was a homicide, suicide or an accident.
Federal, state and local authorities have refused to say if Sparkman was at work going to door-to-door for census surveys in the time before his death, but his Census identification tag was found taped to his body.

Read more: http://news.aol.com/article/census-worker-bill-sparkmans-hanging/684969

It definitely looks like homicide to me. One theory is that he may have been killed because of anti-government sentiment in the area. The area is also known for a high amount of drug activity. It is disgusting to think that somebody could do something so heinous just because they have a problem with the government.
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Re: Disturbing Details Emerge in Death of Census Worker

Post by Booklover on Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:01 pm

This story is very disturbing. affraid That poor man! How anyone could think this was a suicide is beyond me. Some sick person killed this man for whatever reason known only to them. It's sad to think about how many more truly sick people there are in this world. Sad Crying or Very sad I hope this nut is caught, and that they're put where they belong - in prison. Mad
Booklover

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice4all on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:04 pm

Police: Census worker made death look like homicide to get money

FRANKFORT — A part-time U.S. Census worker found dead near a secluded Clay County cemetery killed himself but tried to make the death look like a murder, authorities have concluded.

Bill Sparkman, 51, of London, apparently was trying to preserve payments under life insurance policies he had taken out, one as recently as May, which paid benefits if he died as a result of murder or accident, but not suicide or natural causes, police said.

Sparkman had survived a bout with cancer a few years ago, but he told a friend he believed the cancer had returned and that he would die, police said.

However, there was no indication Sparkman's cancer had recurred, said Cristin Rolf, deputy state medical examiner.

In a two-month investigation, police marshaled a number of reasons to conclude Sparkman ended his own life. Among other things, only Sparkman's DNA was found on evidence at the scene, and he had told a friend details of his plan that matched what happened, police said at a news conference Tuesday.

Police interviewed potential homicide suspects but ruled them out and found no evidence pointing to any conclusion except that Sparkman killed himself.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/latest_news/story/1032979.html
Justice4all
Admin

Mood : Sleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Estee on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 pm

What a shame he had to resort to such a desperate act...I've known several people that have committed suicide...My family raised me to believe that it doesn't take courage to kill oneself, it takes courage to live...
Estee

Mood : Excited

Back to top Go down

Post by babbette on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:21 am

mmmm. Very sad.
babbette

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am

I feel bad for his family. What a horrible way to die.
Piper

Mood : Innocent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top